What Lies Below

[13:15] <Wixelt> Wilson sits on a stool in his lab, reading through some test results.
01[13:25] <Daedalus> 1d10
[13:25] <Glacon> Daedalus: 4 (1d10=4)
02[13:25] * Bunton (~moc.sulplartnectb.7-26egnar.D2A84837-CRInys|notnuBA#moc.sulplartnectb.7-26egnar.D2A84837-CRInys|notnuBA) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
01[13:26] <Daedalus> The stool is a bit wobbly.
[13:26] <Wixelt> Wilson notes this and sits in a position which allows for this wobbliness
01[13:27] <Daedalus> 1d10
[13:27] <Glacon> Daedalus: 5 (1d10=5)
01[13:27] <Daedalus> You wobble the shit out of that stool.
[13:27] <Wixelt> "Gwah!"
[13:27] <Wixelt> Wilson flails
[13:28] <Wixelt> He almost falls backwards, but manages to grabs onto the worktop for support
01[13:28] <Daedalus> 1d10
[13:28] <Glacon> Daedalus: 3 (1d10=3)
03[13:28] * Bunton (~moc.sulplartnectb.7-26egnar.D2A84837-CRInys|notnuBA#moc.sulplartnectb.7-26egnar.D2A84837-CRInys|notnuBA) has joined #origins-ic3
01[13:29] <Daedalus> A chunk of the work table that Wilson grabs onto breaks off of the rest of the table, and he falls backwards.
[13:30] <Wixelt> "Wha-" Wilson falls backwards and hits the floor with an almighty thud.
[13:30] <Wixelt> "Ugh…"
[13:30] <Wixelt> He groans
03[13:32] * ihp (~ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.4E2331FE-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.4E2331FE-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #origins-ic3
01[13:33] <Daedalus> 1d10
[13:33] <Glacon> Daedalus: 1 (1d10=1)
[13:33] <Wixelt> (What! What could possibly break now?!)
[13:33] <Wixelt> (If it's the floor, I swear…)
01[13:34] <Daedalus> Wilson, you hear the floor cracking…
[13:34] <Wixelt> "…Crap"
[13:34] <Wixelt> Wilson tries to get up
01[13:34] <Daedalus> Roll agility
[13:35] <Wixelt> 4df+3
[13:35] <Glacon> Wixelt: 5 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 3+, 3+)
03[13:35] * SoulSoul (~ten.enilnotpo.nyd.D71F62F7-CRInys|sselluoS#ten.enilnotpo.nyd.D71F62F7-CRInys|sselluoS) has joined #origins-ic3
01[13:36] <Daedalus> You manage to get up as a small section of the floor breaks away.
[13:36] <Wixelt> Wilson stands away from the area that's cracking
[13:36] <Wixelt> ~This damn place is beginning to fall apart~
02[13:37] * Soulless (ereh.si.namrodnelpS.raef.on.ev|H#ereh.si.namrodnelpS.raef.on.ev|H) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[13:38] * SoulSoul is now known as Soulless
[13:40] <Wixelt> Wilson leans over the hole and looks down it
02[13:40] * Poke (moc.wzvym.67-391-07-bus.E6BF9CDF-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.wzvym.67-391-07-bus.E6BF9CDF-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
01[13:44] <Daedalus> It seems rather deep, you can hear the sound of dripping water. Must be a cave down there.
[13:44] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns. He was sure there was several more floor below this one
[13:45] <Wixelt> *floors
01[13:46] <Daedalus> Huh, must be some sort of large, damp, broom closet then- wait, you hear something. It sounds like… voices?
[13:47] <Wixelt> Wilson is deadly silent as he listens
01[13:51] <Daedalus> "I told you this was a terrible idea 'The caves go for miles,' he said, 'We'll just find a way out,' he said. Now we're fuckin' lost and outta food." the voice sounds rough and western, and another, smaller voice pipes up, "You think Daniels' still following us?" "Fuck if I know." A third, deeper voice says, "Hey, wait, I think I see a light!"
03[13:52] * ProcyonLotor is now known as ProcyonBRB
[13:52] <Wixelt> Wilson, not wanting a security breach, rabs a heavy object, maybe a large crate, and places it over the hole.
[13:52] <Wixelt> *grabs
[13:52] <Wixelt> He continues to listen
[13:53] <Wixelt> If he feels these people are in danger, he may remove it
01[13:55] <Daedalus> Voice 1: "Aw fuck, you're just seeing things. I ain't see no fuckin' light." Voice 3: "I know what I dun see." Voice 2: "Hey Fred, can ya stop touchin' me fuckin' leg? I like ya, but not that much." Voice 1: "I ain't touchin' your fuckin' leg. Greg, shine the light over- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"
[13:56] <Wixelt> Wilson flinches, he grabs a flashlight off the side and pulls out his pistol, slamming the crate aside
01[14:00] <Daedalus> You hear the sound of gunshots in the hole. When you look down with the flashlight, you see what appears to be escaped convicts fighing off some sort of squid creature. One of them is being tossed around by one of its tentacles. Another is firing wildy at it. A third is trying to climb up into the hole he saw earlier, which is now unblocked.
[14:02] <Wixelt> Seeing that they're convicts, and could potentially be dangerous, he murmurs a quick and slightly sad "Sorry", empties and entire clip into the squid monster, then covers the hole with the crate's lid, making sure to nail it down.
01[14:06] <Daedalus> The man trying to climb up in the hole shouts obscenities at Wilson. "FUCK YOU MAN, WE'RE FUCKING DYING DOWN HERE. HAVE SOME COMMON FUCKING DECENY AND- OH SHIT." You can hear the sound of something roaring and the man being dragged away.
01[14:07] <Daedalus> 1d10
[14:07] <Glacon> Daedalus: 8 (1d10=8)
[14:07] <Wixelt> Wilson sits there, a little wide eyed, the realization that he just doomed those men beginning to set in
01[14:07] <Daedalus> You can hear the sound of a man being thrown with great force against the makeshift barricade you made, but it holds.
[14:11] <Wixelt> Wilson pales a little
[14:11] <Wixelt> ~Dear God, what have I done!!~
03[14:13] * ProcyonBRB is now known as ProcyonLotor
01[14:17] <Daedalus> You hear screaming and shouting and some gunfire. Finally, when it seems like they've run out of bullets, the monster roars mightly, which causes them to scream even louder. Suddenly, when it seems they're finally going to be killed or eaten or whatever this monster does with people, you hear a single shotgun blast. You can hear the three men are still screaming at the top of thier lungs, but the creature is silent. You can probably see into the cracks of the crate lid a man in a dirty warden's uniform standing on top of the dead squid creature, holding a shotgun. When the screaming subsides, he finally says "No one, and I mean FUCKING NO ONE, ESCAPES MY PRISON."
[14:20] <Wixelt> Wilson remains entirely silent
[14:20] <Wixelt> He wants to breathe a sigh of relief, but doesn't
[14:20] <Wixelt> Not yet
01[14:23] <Daedalus> He sifts through the pile of tentacles and grabs each of the blubbering inmates, cuffing them in a line and chaining them together. He gets them standing and pokes them with the barrel of the shotgun, "MOVE." He says cocking his shotgun. They complay, and begin moving back through the cave.
01[14:23] <Daedalus> comply*
[14:28] <Wixelt> Wilson remains silent until they are definitely gone
01[14:29] <Daedalus> They're gone now, the warden whistling a merry tune as they go. Still, there's a dead squid creature and 4 civilians in a cave system that evidently runs under a prison. Might wanna tell someone about that.
[14:30] <Wixelt> Wilson gets up, breathing a sigh of relief
[14:31] <Wixelt> He goes off to report it to security
[14:31] <Wixelt> And does so.
[14:31] <Wixelt> He then returns to the lab with some clean up guys in tow
01[14:37] <Daedalus> They take the dead squid thing out, inform containment of the cave system and civilians, and repair the hole in your floor. All is well. :D
[14:37] <Wixelt> Wilson gives out many thank yous, before returning to his work.
01[14:38] <Daedalus> The chair is still a bit wobbly.
01[14:38] <Daedalus> stool*
03[14:39] * ZombieRaptor (~ten.sndscps.sloop.83C3BB35-CRInys|paReibmoZ#ten.sndscps.sloop.83C3BB35-CRInys|paReibmoZ) has joined #origins-ic3
[14:39] <Wixelt> Wilson sits on it again, making sure to counter-balance correctly this time
01[14:40] <Daedalus> You counter-balance the shit out of that stool. It's pretty stable and you should be able to get work done.
[14:41] <Wixelt> Wilson returns to looking over the results of his latest bout of Shared Dreaming research
[14:41] <Wixelt> As usual, there's no definitive pattern

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License