The Snowwoman and the Sea

[22:06:12] <Vivax> Wambles wanders through the hallways, shoes dripping wet. Face confused and pale.
[22:06:33] <lurkd> Would Ivan see him from the lobby?
[22:06:39] <ShotgunFiendM> "How do you do?" Whoa. The start of a conversation.
[22:06:57] <lurkd> "I'm adequate."
[22:07:28] <Vivax> lurkd: Maaaaaybe.
[22:07:37] <Vivax> (yes)
[22:07:56] <lurkd> He looks at Reed. "Mr. Wambles?"
[22:08:03] <ShotgunFiendM> "Good to hear." Matt blows into his hands again.
[22:08:14] * padri has joined #origins-ic
[22:08:32] <Vivax> He looks around as if not sure where the voice is coming from.
[22:08:35] <Vivax> >_>
[22:08:36] <Vivax> <_<
[22:09:17] <Vivax> "mmm?"
[22:09:35] * ZombieRaptor has joined #origins-ic
[22:09:38] <lurkd> Ivan gives a slight gesture. "Mr. Wambles." He begins to approach.
[22:09:53] <Vivax> You wander around to Reed's front.
[22:10:02] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt follows, curious.
[22:10:06] <Vivax> He still doesn't react as if he sees you.
[22:10:18] <lurkd> "Are you well?"
[22:10:33] <Vivax> Reed's face is dripping wet, his hair is matted and damp. He smells like the sea.
[22:10:49] <Vivax> His eyes aren't making contact with your faces.
[22:10:54] <lurkd> "Do you require medical attention, Mr. Wambles?"
[22:11:07] <lurkd> Ivan waves a hand in front of his face.
[22:11:13] <Nemi> Lis turns, partway down the hall, at the commotion. She approaches, curious.
[22:11:29] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt pulls his radio up, glancing at Ivan for the go ahead.
[22:11:36] <Vivax> Reed doesn't respond to the hand.
[22:11:46] * Tesla|SnowedIn has joined #origins-ic
[22:11:47] <Vivax> "mmm? Is one there?"
[22:11:53] <Vivax> *anyone
[22:12:05] <lurkd> Ivan snaps his fingers a few times in front of his face and ears.
[22:12:12] <lurkd> "Call it in, Agent."
[22:12:20] <Vivax> No reaction. However his eyes are blinking.
[22:13:06] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt nods. «Agent Matt Harrison, calling in a medical emergency in the main lobby.»
[22:13:36] <lurkd> "Let us escort him to the infirmary."
[22:13:48] * Tesla|SnowedIn is now known as TeslaTornado
[22:13:52] <Nemi> "He smells.. This seems familiar," she squints, approaching. "The other day.."
[22:14:02] <ShotgunFiendM> «Patient is largley unresponsive and shows signs of confusion. Prep the infirmary.»
[22:14:05] * Riemann is now known as Rie|AnotherAccount
[22:14:38] <lurkd> Ivan heads that way. "Agent Harrison, grab him and let's go."
[22:14:39] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is approaching behind Ivan, walking down the halls.
[22:14:41] <Vivax> «Roger that Harrison. »
[22:14:53] <padri> Laura hears the call! She heads down to medical to see what happens.
[22:14:55] <Vivax> «Is the patient able to walk?»
[22:14:55] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt nods and supports Reed with his arm and escorts him to the infirmary.
[22:15:04] <lurkd> «Partially.»
[22:15:06] <TeslaTornado> Kevin hears the call! He feeds on human suffering.
[22:15:09] <Vivax> Wambles follows meekly.
[22:15:23] <Vivax> He seems like he's moving only because he's being guided.
[22:15:29] <Vivax> Perception
[22:15:36] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi follows them. "What's going on?"
[22:15:42] <lurkd> 4df+5 looking
[22:15:43] <Glacon> lurkd: looking: 5 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[22:15:58] <ShotgunFiendM> 4df+5
[22:15:58] <Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 4-)
[22:16:06] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 I see alllllll
[22:16:06] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: I see alllllll: 2 (4df+4=4-, 0, 4-, 0)
[22:16:18] <Vivax> lurkd: Because you're closest you notice that Wamble's cane has been eaten away. It's covered in marine organisms and is starting to look like drift wood.
[22:16:48] <lurkd> "…."
[22:16:50] <Nemi> Lis hurries after Ivan, Matt and Wambles.
[22:16:53] <Nemi> 4df+4 per
[22:16:54] <Glacon> Nemi: per: 6 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[22:16:55] <lurkd> "Secure the cane."
[22:17:15] <padri> Since no one's there, she starts the trek to the lobby.
[22:17:21] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at it, and hesitantly take it, making sure Ivan can support Wambles.
[22:17:22] <Nemi> Lis takes it, if no-one else does.
[22:17:46] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt sheds his jacket and wraps it around the cane, tucking the bundle under his arm.
[22:18:08] <Vivax> ShotgunFiendM: Your jacket becomes soaked in short order.
[22:18:11] <ZombieRaptor> (Luvi took it y'all's)
[22:18:25] <Vivax> (Whatever)
[22:18:42] <Nemi> "Luvi, good timing," she murmurs. "This seem familiar to you?"
[22:18:46] <padri> She comes across them?
[22:18:58] <lurkd> Ivan arrives in the infirmary and secures a triage bed. "There, lay him down."
[22:19:01] <lurkd> He points.
[22:19:04] * ShotgunFiend has joined #origins-ic
[22:19:15] <Vivax> padri: Yes.
[22:19:23] <padri> well, she did at some point, i suppose. she's with them now. "Wambles? What happened to him?"
[22:19:43] <ShotgunFiendM> Matt carefully lays him on the bed, lifting his feet up and resting them on the bed as well.
[22:20:04] <TeslaTornado> Kevin is there, looming in a corner.
[22:20:05] <Vivax> "Oh /dear/ " the slightly wobbly nurse says "I'll get towels straight away :D "
[22:20:17] <Nemi> Lis .. looks at the nurse.
[22:20:35] * AwayWetBeard has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[22:20:46] <lurkd> "He's unresponsive. Possibly blind."
[22:20:50] <Vivax> ShotgunFiend: The bed becomes soaked too…
[22:20:53] <Nemi> She doesn't think much of it. Proceeds to peer back at Wambles with a frown.
[22:20:58] <padri> Laura turns to Luvi. "We'd better put his cane where he can reach it."
[22:21:13] <lurkd> 4df+6 science to better diagnose
[22:21:13] <Glacon> lurkd: science to better diagnose: 7 (4df+6=0, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[22:21:19] <ShotgunFiend> Matt shakes his head. "He shouldn't be perspirating this much…"
[22:21:32] <Nemi> Lis is actually frowning. Stop the presses. In all seriousness, she keeps her distance whilst the science people do their thing. She does sniff, though. "I think that's seawater."
[22:21:47] * TeslaTornado is now known as Tesla|Food
[22:22:24] * WetBeard has joined #origins-ic
[22:22:34] * ZombieRaptor has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
[22:22:40] <ShotgunFiend> "It shouldn't be possible, whatever it is."
[22:22:41] <Vivax> lurkd: He looks like he's been out and exposed. His skin is cold and pale.
[22:22:47] <Vivax> Possibly hypothermic.
[22:22:58] <padri> She reaches out and takes the cane from Luvi. Roll anomaly?
[22:23:29] <lurkd> "Check his body temperature. He might be suffering from exposure."
[22:23:42] * ZombieRaptor has joined #origins-ic
[22:23:48] <lurkd> Ivan grabs a blanket and places it on Wambles.
[22:24:14] <padri> 4df+6 What's up with the cane?
[22:24:14] <Glacon> padri: What's up with the cane?: 8 (4df+6=0, 0, 3+, 3+)
[22:24:28] <lurkd> "Mr. Wambles? Can you hear us?"
[22:24:46] <lurkd> "Respond."
[22:25:10] <Vivax> padri: You are overwhelmed with the feeling of drowning. You feel the weight of water above you and see the distant, faded sun. You feel your soaked clothes pulling you down, down, down… down to something that /waits/
[22:25:27] <Vivax> Wambles doesn't respond, however he keeps soaking things.
[22:25:46] <Vivax> He is wetter than he should physically be, as if he cannot become dry.
[22:25:47] <padri> Laura starts gasping for air. The feeling is overwhelming. She falls to her knees, one hand leaving the cane to go to her throat.
[22:25:59] <lurkd> Ivan pulls of the wet blanket and slops it to the ground.
[22:26:10] <Tesla|Food> Kevin steps out of the shadows and pulls Laura back to her feet.
[22:26:19] <lurkd> "Call containment."
[22:26:24] <Nemi> Lis reacts. She moves to catch Laura before she falls any further.
[22:26:32] <lurkd> "We might have a contagion."
[22:26:43] <padri> Laura drops the cane. "…drowning…"
[22:26:53] <lurkd> Ivan throws another drier blanket on Wambles.
[22:27:06] <Tesla|Food> Kevin looks at Laura, then the cane. "Before you touched the cane or after?"
[22:27:07] <Nemi> "Laura! What happened?" She knocks the cane away with her foot.
[22:27:08] <lurkd> "What?"
[22:27:20] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi wraps the cane in a blanket me picks it up, not touching it.
[22:27:23] <ZombieRaptor> Then*
[22:27:25] <ShotgunFiend> "Damnit…" «We need a containment team in the infirmary, ASAP. Possible contagion element has infected two agents already.»
[22:27:42] <padri> "When. He's drowning. I'm fine, Wambles is drowning."
[22:27:50] <Vivax> «Confirmed. Vector?»
[22:28:08] <lurkd> "Drowning?"
[22:28:08] <ZombieRaptor> "Wambles is drowning?"
[22:28:35] <ShotgunFiend> «Unknown. Possible vector of anomalous object, but this is unconfirmed.»
[22:28:45] <Nemi> "What-" Lis helps Laura to her feet, then turns to watch Wambles, thoroughly bemused. And unable to help. "Where was he before he arried int he lobby?"
[22:29:01] <Tesla|Food> Kevin also keeps an eye on Wambles.
[22:29:20] <ZombieRaptor> "What should we do with a man that's drowning?"
[22:29:24] <lurkd> Ivan puts gloves on and opens Wambles mouth with forceps.
[22:29:28] <padri> Laura is all the uncomfortable. She wants to help Wambles, but to do so, she has to say more than she wants…
[22:29:35] * Rie|Gym has joined #origins-ic
[22:30:04] <Tesla|Food> Kevin scowls at the situation.
[22:30:16] * Rie|Gym has quit (Client exited)
[22:30:21] <Vivax> lurkd: A crab crawls out of his mouth.
[22:30:23] * Rie|Gym has joined #origins-ic
[22:30:29] <Vivax> It lands on the floor and skitters away.
[22:30:31] <lurkd> He jumps back.
[22:30:40] <ShotgunFiend> "What the hell was that?"
[22:30:48] <Tesla|Food> Kevin raises an eyebrow at the crab.
[22:30:52] <lurkd> "Nurse, we need an air tube. Insert it into his trachea."
[22:30:55] <Nemi> Lis watches the crab, expressionless. "Common crab. It's like he's become some kind of.. tether to the ocean."
[22:30:57] * Tesla|Food is now known as Tesla|FoodForReal
[22:31:00] <Vivax> "Cooooming :D "
[22:31:05] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi tries to capture the crab.
[22:31:06] <padri> Laura nods. "That's it. That's what it is."
[22:31:11] <ZombieRaptor> (Oh god is she still high?)
[22:31:23] <Vivax> The nurse glides over with a trachea tube and respirator.
[22:31:32] <Vivax> "Here we go! :D "
[22:31:41] <lurkd> Ivan grabs scissors and begins cutting off Wambles clothes.
[22:31:46] <padri> "He has water in his lungs."
[22:31:49] <lurkd> *snip* *snip*
[22:32:09] <lurkd> "Insert it, he needs air."
[22:32:10] <Vivax> lurkd; Give me a perception.
[22:32:12] <lurkd> *snip*
[22:32:14] <Vivax> ONLY LURKD
[22:32:20] <lurkd> 4df+5 looks!
[22:32:20] <Glacon> lurkd: looks!: 4 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 0)
[22:32:20] <Vivax> She does!
[22:32:36] <Vivax> As you snip the clothes off you notice water pooling on his chest.
[22:32:48] <Vivax> When you rub it off it re-condenses.
[22:32:53] <Nemi> Lis watches Zakharov's procedure intently.
[22:32:58] <lurkd> "He's generating water."
[22:33:15] <lurkd> Ivan removes all the clothes.
[22:33:20] <padri> Laura nods. "If we don't fix it, he'll flood the place."
[22:33:24] <Vivax> When you look /really/ closely you can see little brine shrimp swimming in it.
[22:33:25] <Nemi> "Thought so- he soaked the blanket and the table before, right?"
[22:33:28] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is bewildered. He wants to know where the containment team is.
[22:33:29] <padri> Laura doesn't watch.
[22:33:32] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi holds the crab he caught, and the blanket with the cane under one arm.
[22:33:36] <Nemi> "And he spat up a crab."
[22:33:45] <Vivax> «Hamilton are you there?»
[22:33:59] <padri> "Can I see the cane again? In the blanket, please." She's not eager to drown again.
[22:34:03] <Nemi> "It's like he's connected to the ocean somehow."
[22:34:12] <padri> "He is!"
[22:34:20] <Vivax> *pump pump*
[22:34:32] <Vivax> "Oh dear… he has a lot of water in his lungs :D "
[22:34:38] <lurkd> Ivan thinks.
[22:34:40] <ShotgunFiend> Matt grimaces. «Agent Harrison here. What's the status of the containment team?»
[22:34:42] <Vivax> "We'll get that out in a jiffy pop! :D "
[22:34:53] <padri> "Luvi?"
[22:35:02] <lurkd> "Ms. Moodie."
[22:35:04] <Vivax> «Detained. We've had a breach in the garden wing. "
[22:35:06] <Vivax> »
[22:35:10] <padri> She turns to Ivan.
[22:35:11] <ZombieRaptor> "Laura?"
[22:35:17] <padri> "The cane?"
[22:35:41] <lurkd> "We need to stop the source."
[22:35:42] <Vivax> The nurse keeps pumping water out of Wambles' lungs.
[22:35:54] <Vivax> She dumps it into a bucket on the floor.
[22:36:04] <Vivax> "Do de do de do :D "
[22:36:04] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hands over the cane. (?)
[22:36:17] * GraemeCracker has quit (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
[22:36:35] <padri> She nods to Ivan, taking the cane. She folds down the blanket. Perception to see the living stuff on it?
[22:36:36] <ShotgunFiend> ~Garden wing?~ «What breached containment?! We have a man /producing/ sea water and various sea life. This is an emergency!»
[22:37:05] <Nemi> Lis folds her arms. "That's obvious, doctor Zakharov. Looks like -he's- the source- I want to know what -caused- it."
[22:37:21] <Vivax> «Sir the emergency team is currently fighting… uh… raccoon wizards. They're after the vegetables»
[22:37:24] <padri> "This caused it, Lis! Are you listening to me? This cane!"
[22:37:25] <ZombieRaptor> (Could someone head over to the garden wing Vivax ?)
[22:37:32] <Vivax> padri: You see it.
[22:37:53] <lurkd> "Should we destroy it then?"
[22:38:31] <padri> She nods. "But first I want a sample." She scrapes some off into a sample tube. "What's the best way to destroy it?"
[22:38:45] <ShotgunFiend> "Are you /fucking/ kidding me?!" Matt groans at the lack of a containment team.
[22:38:46] <lurkd> "Fire."
[22:39:04] <padri> She nods. "Then let's get us some fire."
[22:39:17] <lurkd> Ivan grabs a bottle of rubbing alcohol and his lighter.
[22:39:28] * Geothermal has quit (Ping timeout: 184 seconds)
[22:39:38] <Nemi> Lis tilts her head at Laura. "We can't be sure that's the source- he's still producing seawater even with it taken away." She doesn't make any move to stop Ivan, though.
[22:39:45] <padri> Laura drops the cane onto the (what i suppose to be) tiles.
[22:39:55] <ZombieRaptor> "Take it to the incinerator…"
[22:39:57] <lurkd> "The fire extinguisher on the wall too."
[22:40:00] <padri> She just looks at Lis, a little balefully.
[22:40:03] <ZombieRaptor> "Don't burn it here."
[22:40:07] <Vivax> Padri : Yes. Fortunately the medical wing isn't carpeted.
[22:40:11] * Rie|Gym has quit (Client exited)
[22:40:19] * Rie|Gym has joined #origins-ic
[22:40:20] <padri> "It can't wait, Luvi." She fetches the extinguisher.
[22:40:38] <ShotgunFiend> Matt stands clear.
[22:40:41] <Nemi> Lis steps back, giving them space.
[22:40:46] <lurkd> Ivan douses it with alcohol and lights it.
[22:40:50] <Vivax> Does anybody have a specialty skill that might apply here?
[22:40:51] <Nemi> "Let's hope you're right, Laura."
[22:41:01] <padri> ~I hope I'm not.~
[22:41:02] * Nemi has had no skills that have applied to anything yet!
[22:41:05] <lurkd> (not I)
[22:42:00] <ShotgunFiend> (Nope)
[22:43:40] <lurkd> redact the fire bit then
[22:43:42] <ZombieRaptor> "If he's drowning… Take him to a higher elevation??"
[22:43:50] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi picks up Wambles, he heads for the stairs
[22:44:04] <ShotgunFiend> "… What?"
[22:44:22] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads for the roof!
[22:44:24] <lurkd> Ivan is confused but follows anyway.
[22:44:35] <Nemi> "Wait- life preserver. Do we have a life preserver anywhere on base?" Lis looks left and right, then bolts off in search of one.
[22:44:37] * WetBeard is now known as AwayBeard
[22:44:41] <ShotgunFiend> Matt shakes his head, trying to come to terms with what Luvi just suggested. He goes after him anyway.
[22:45:13] <padri> Laura follows. ~He has to be okay.~
[22:45:17] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi arrives on the roof with Wambles in a firemans carry.?
[22:45:23] <Vivax> Nemi: Give me a perception or academics.
[22:45:30] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: Give me athletics :P
[22:45:45] <lurkd> Ivan hears Lis and goes to search for a life jacket in supply.
[22:45:47] <Nemi> 4df+5 academics + fast learner
[22:45:47] <Glacon> Nemi: academics + fast learner: 6 (4df+5=3+, 0, 0, 0)
[22:45:57] <ZombieRaptor> (I knew I should have put points in that! :p )
[22:46:35] <Vivax> Nemi: You remember where the Foundation keeps its boats and aquatic equipment in the garage.
[22:46:41] <lurkd> 4df+5 searching
[22:46:41] <Glacon> lurkd: searching: 6 (4df+5=3+, 0, 0, 0)
[22:46:53] <lurkd> (nvm)
[22:47:26] <Nemi> Lis bolts for the garage. She's very fast and good at navigating urban settings- bases included. She'll rush down that way and dig for a life preserver- surely there's one, or at least a lifejacket, down there.
[22:47:41] <Vivax> lurkd: In a flash of insight you remember where the life vests should be on the boats! In the underseat compatments.
[22:48:18] <padri> So does Luvi not make it up?
[22:48:38] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: You have difficulty carrying Wambles.
[22:48:46] <Vivax> Maybe it was all injuries you suffered.
[22:48:49] <Nemi> He's all slippery and salty.
[22:48:55] <Vivax> Maybe it's because you're a beanpole sniper.
[22:49:02] <padri> Do you mean agility?
[22:49:06] <padri> I don't see athletics
[22:49:16] <ZombieRaptor> (He's pretty tough actually Vivax :p )
[22:49:32] <ZombieRaptor> (Want me to roll strength?)
[22:49:35] <lurkd> Ivan goes to garage, grabs a vest, then heads for Wambles.
[22:49:56] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: Yes. Try again.
[22:50:09] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 Strength!
[22:50:10] <Nemi> If / when Lis finds something appropriate, she'll bolt back to where she came from and… follow the trail of salt water.
[22:50:10] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Strength!: 4 (4df+4=0, 4-, 0, 3+)
[22:50:11] * Rie|Gym has quit (Client exited)
[22:50:18] * Rie|Gym has joined #origins-ic
[22:50:36] <lurkd> Ivan hustles towards Luvi. "Put him down."
[22:50:52] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: Oh yeah /thats/ how you carry a man.
[22:51:04] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi arrives on the roof now?
[22:51:17] <Vivax> Yeah…
[22:51:24] <lurkd> "Agent Harkess, put him down."
[22:51:24] <Vivax> You run up to the roof of the underground base.
[22:51:32] <Vivax> You realize that this is an insane proposition.
[22:51:37] <ZombieRaptor> (It's not underground??)
[22:51:39] <Nemi> Or nevermind since Ivan's doing exactly what Lis was doing.
[22:51:44] <ZombieRaptor> (Wait a second…)
[22:51:52] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: Site 19 is subterranean.
[22:52:13] <lurkd> Once Wambles is on the ground. Ivan fastens the life vest on the naked Wambles.
[22:52:14] <ZombieRaptor> ( nope http://scp-foundation-origins.wikidot.com/the-burgeoning-foundation)
[22:52:24] <lurkd> (not now)
[22:53:14] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: That's the /deliberately/ shitty entrance.
[22:53:16] * padri has quit (Quit: Later taters!)
[22:53:53] <ZombieRaptor> Fine he's /outside/.
[22:54:00] <Vivax> Yay.
[22:54:11] <Vivax> You stand in the snow with a wet, hypothermic man.
[22:54:33] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is with Luvi because he feels like he should do… Something.
[22:54:41] <ZombieRaptor> "Put it on him."
[22:54:47] <lurkd> (he did)
[22:54:55] <Vivax> You do!
[22:54:58] <ZombieRaptor> Redact
[22:55:25] <Vivax> In the cold winter air you see the dappled pattern of light through water on Wamble's face.
[22:55:36] <Vivax> Before he "surfaces" with a gasp.
[22:55:56] <Vivax> *Cough! Cough!*
[22:56:03] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi kneels beside him. "Wambles!"
[22:56:18] <Vivax> You kneel in the snow.
[22:56:29] <Vivax> He hacks up more water.
[22:56:34] <Vivax> And /another/ crab.
[22:56:56] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi picks the crab up.
[22:57:03] <ShotgunFiend> Matt, soldier instincts kicking in, scans the surrounding area for any other signs of danger while people attend to Wambles.
[22:57:40] <Vivax> It pinches you.
[22:57:52] <Vivax> ShotgunFiend: Perception (ONLY HIM)
[22:57:54] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi throws it.
[22:58:02] <ZombieRaptor> "Damn crabs."
[22:58:12] <lurkd> "Can you talk, Mr. Wambles?"
[22:58:21] <ShotgunFiend> 4df+8 Percep+Precision Vision
[22:58:22] <Glacon> ShotgunFiend: Percep+Precision Vision: 8 (4df+8=0, 0, 4-, 3+)
[22:58:33] <Vivax> "Ivan?"
[22:58:39] <lurkd> "Yes."
[22:58:42] <Vivax> His voice is horse and choked.
[22:59:04] <ZombieRaptor> "Holy shit Wambles, what happened?"
[22:59:25] <lurkd> Ivan offers his overcoat to the naked lawyer in the lifevest.
[22:59:38] <Vivax> ShotgunFiend: You see the silhouette of a parka in the trees surrounding the Foundation.
[22:59:46] <lurkd> "Apologies for ruining your suit."
[22:59:46] <Vivax> "Why… why am I naked?"
[22:59:55] <Vivax> "It's fine…"
[23:00:10] <lurkd> "I cut it off. You were having a medical emergency."
[23:00:18] <ZombieRaptor> "You were drowning Wambles.."
[23:00:21] <ShotgunFiend> "What in the…" Matt pull his binoculars out of their pocket and tries to get a better view of the proposed parka.
[23:00:22] <Vivax> "I… I don't remember what happened."
[23:00:43] * Rie|Gym has quit (Client exited)
[23:00:46] <ZombieRaptor> "Matt?"
[23:00:50] * Rie|Gym has joined #origins-ic
[23:01:14] <Vivax> ShotgunFiend: You see something in the woods that looks like this: http://www.inuitmyths.com/images/quallupilluit.jpg
[23:01:29] * Wogglebug has quit (Ping timeout)
[23:01:36] <Vivax> "One minute I was checkin out of the hotel… *cough cough* "
[23:01:40] <ZombieRaptor> "Matt what are you looking at?"
[23:01:41] <ShotgunFiend> "I see… What the fuck!"
[23:01:50] <ShotgunFiend> He passes his bino's to Luvi.
[23:02:00] <ShotgunFiend> He points in the thing's direction.
[23:02:00] <ZombieRaptor> Can Luvi look through his scope to where Matt is looking Vivax?
[23:02:14] <Vivax> Luvi can… but he needs to make a perception.
[23:02:17] <ShotgunFiend> And brings his Springfield to bear.
[23:02:18] <Vivax> It's dark out.
[23:02:19] <ZombieRaptor> (Cause he has his rifle with him.)
[23:02:24] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[23:02:25] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[23:02:46] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: You see… something vaguely humanoid wearing what may be a parka.
[23:02:47] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks intently through his scope in the direction, unslinging his rifle.
[23:02:54] <ZombieRaptor> Can he shoot?
[23:02:59] <Vivax> Sure.
[23:03:07] <ShotgunFiend> "Focus fire it?"
[23:03:11] <ShotgunFiend> "On my mark?"
[23:03:13] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11 Luvi fires.
[23:03:13] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Luvi fires.: 10 (4df+11=4-, 3+, 0, 4-)
[23:03:18] <ZombieRaptor> On his make
[23:03:23] <ShotgunFiend> 4df+12 or his.
[23:03:23] <Glacon> ShotgunFiend: or his.: 13 (4df+12=0, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[23:03:24] * padri has joined #origins-ic
[23:03:32] <ShotgunFiend> (That was ranged for Matt)
[23:03:38] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: You shoot. It hits.
[23:03:41] <Vivax> Matt: You also hit.
[23:03:54] <lurkd> Ivan secures Wambles. "Mr. Wambles, let's retreat back inside."
[23:03:55] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi stands up and runs swiftly towards it.
[23:03:57] <Vivax> The parka-wearing figure /explodes/
[23:04:19] <ShotgunFiend> Matt follows Lu- "Jesus Christ Almighty!"
[23:04:21] <padri> Laura screams!
[23:04:33] <Vivax> Snow flies everywhere.
[23:04:35] <Vivax> There is no blood.
[23:04:42] <Vivax> Just snow… and the parka.
[23:04:50] <lurkd> Ivan looks at the critters.
[23:04:51] <ZombieRaptor> "Saw that fucking thing on an op a while back."
[23:04:56] <padri> Is the parka intact?
[23:05:02] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi continues running towards it.
[23:05:04] <lurkd> (academics to identify?)
[23:05:08] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is with Luvi.
[23:05:09] <Vivax> The parka is water damaged and full of bullet holes.
[23:05:15] <Vivax> lurkd: Sure.
[23:05:17] <ShotgunFiend> Running towards the thingie.
[23:05:29] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi stops by it.
[23:05:39] <padri> Laura walks over cautiously.
[23:05:40] <Vivax> ShotgunFiend When you get there you see nothing but a pile of snow.
[23:05:49] <Vivax> And a bullet-shorn parka
[23:05:54] <Vivax> Covered in algae
[23:05:59] <padri> "May I see the parka?"
[23:06:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi bends down to pick it up.
[23:06:16] * GraemeCracker has joined #origins-ic
[23:06:52] <lurkd> 4df+5 academics
[23:06:52] <Glacon> lurkd: academics: 4 (4df+5=4-, 0, 3+, 4-)
[23:07:00] <ZombieRaptor> "Hell of a shot.."
[23:07:05] <padri> She holds out her hands to take it if Luvi gives it to her.
[23:07:10] <ShotgunFiend> "Same goes for you."
[23:07:22] <Vivax> lurkd: What were you examining again (sorry)
[23:08:20] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hands it to Laura.
[23:08:42] <padri> 4df+6 Is it the parka that cause the snow to be able to do shit?
[23:08:42] <Glacon> padri: Is it the parka that cause the snow to be able to do shit?: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, 4-, 3+)
[23:08:59] <Vivax> padri: The parka is… sad.
[23:09:12] <ShotgunFiend> "That algae looks similar to what we saw on Wambles to me."
[23:09:12] <padri> She holds it to her, wrapping her arms around it.
[23:09:20] <padri> She feels silly, but she can't help herself.
[23:09:23] * Rie|Gym has quit (Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
[23:09:30] <Vivax> It has been sad for a long time. You feel the lonliness of eons. An eternity of a mother who has lost her mother.
[23:09:36] <Vivax> *child
[23:09:54] <lurkd> vivax: what they were shooting at
[23:09:55] <padri> She falls to her knees, crying, cradling the parka in her arms.
[23:10:00] <lurkd> the creature
[23:10:05] <padri> This is too much to bear.
[23:10:09] <padri> She can't stand it.
[23:10:15] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi takes the parka from her. "Laura???!"
[23:10:39] <Vivax> lurkd: With a 4… you're not sure. You do realize that the clothes are traditional inuit clothes for mothers bearing babies.
[23:10:41] <padri> He'd have to pull it out of her arms; she's holding it pretty tight.
[23:11:05] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+6 Academics w/ special
[23:11:05] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Academics w/ special: 6 (4df+6=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[23:11:07] <lurkd> Ivan moves in. "Inuits."
[23:11:20] <padri> She's just /so/ /sad/
[23:11:25] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi can easily overpower Laura probably?
[23:11:26] <lurkd> "This is what an Inuit infant would have."
[23:11:28] <ZombieRaptor> And take it.
[23:11:31] <padri> Okay.
[23:11:48] <padri> When he takes it from her, she curls up on her side on the snow.
[23:11:51] <Vivax> lurkd: For a mother /carrying/ an infant.
[23:11:59] <ShotgunFiend> Matt looks worriedly at Laura, but doesn't say anything.
[23:12:05] <Vivax> They are clothes with large pockets for babies.
[23:12:14] <lurkd> "Or rather, this is what an Inuit mother would have."
[23:12:32] <lurkd> "…child captors?"
[23:12:42] <ZombieRaptor> ( Luvi rolled a 6 examining it Vivax)
[23:13:08] <ShotgunFiend> Matt has a sudden realization. "Wait… We didn't just… Murder a mother, did we…?"
[23:13:33] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi sets it down after looking at it and pulls Laura to an upright position, wrapping his arm around her. "Laura what's wrong?"
[23:13:36] <lurkd> "No… I highly doubt that."
[23:13:54] <Nemi> Lis rushes outside, finally, carrying one of those comical ring-shaped life preservers. She.. stops, seeing the scene, and lets the object drop. "Vhat vos zat? I heard gunshots."
[23:13:55] * Rie|AnotherAccount is now known as Riemann
[23:13:57] <padri> She wraps her arms around him. "She lost it. Lost her baby."
[23:13:59] <padri> She sobs.
[23:14:10] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hugs her tightly.
[23:14:15] <ShotgunFiend> Matt nods slowly, but isn't entirely convinced.
[23:14:18] <Vivax> ZombieRaptor: Specifically this parka is called an amauti. It is traditionally worn by a mother to carry the baby safe from the cold.
[23:14:30] <lurkd> 4df+10 using occult specialty
[23:14:31] <Glacon> lurkd: using occult specialty: 13 (4df+10=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
[23:14:37] <lurkd> ^academics
[23:14:49] <ZombieRaptor> "The parka thing is called an Amuati Ivan, used to protect children from the cold."
[23:15:24] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is becoming less and less sure of not murdering an innocent person and her child.
[23:15:28] <lurkd> (trying to determine if it's a mythical creature or summat)
[23:15:46] <Vivax> lurkd: The only reference to it im mythology that you are aware of is the Qallupilluk. A being that dwells below the ice, waiting for children to fall in. They are used as cautionary tales for children to keep them from going near seal-holes.
[23:15:56] <padri> Laura can, unfortunately, now imagine losing Katie.
[23:15:57] <ZombieRaptor> "Whatever it was it wasn't human anymore Laura."
[23:16:11] <lurkd> "I believe this was a Qallupilluk."
[23:16:16] <ZombieRaptor> "A what?"
[23:16:31] <padri> She tries to calm down.
[23:16:40] <padri> She's going to hug Katie /so/ tight when she sees her next.
[23:16:43] <Nemi> Lis does her thing: she remains nearly out of sight, and entirely out of mind, and observes.
[23:16:58] <lurkd> "A qallupilluk, a troll like creature that captures children when they fall through the ice or so the legend details."
[23:17:03] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi continues holding Laura close to him.
[23:17:07] <padri> "Whatever it is, we have to bring it in. It's still anomalous."
[23:17:25] <lurkd> "…Laura… Katie…"
[23:17:33] <lurkd> Ivan's eyes get big.
[23:17:36] <ShotgunFiend> "I would love to bring it in, but… There ain't anything left."
[23:17:37] <padri> She nods. "We have to lock it up."
[23:17:50] <lurkd> "No, I mean where is she… at this moment."
[23:18:16] <padri> Laura's eyes go wide. She shoves Luvi away and runs full tilt into the site.
[23:18:22] <ZombieRaptor> A realization dawns on Luvi.
[23:18:27] <lurkd> Ivan follows!
[23:18:38] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi follows. "Look for Katie!"
[23:18:40] <padri> She screams for her daughter. Does anyone respond?
[23:18:43] <Nemi> Lis shadows the others, as usual.
[23:18:51] <ZombieRaptor> "KATIE!!!"
[23:19:02] <ZombieRaptor> He screams once inside the base.
[23:19:16] <lurkd> Ivan hustles to the classroom.
[23:19:19] * AwayBeard has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[23:19:37] <Vivax> What's insane is that you guys are really far inland.
[23:19:52] <Nemi> And certainly far from Inuit lands.
[23:19:52] <padri> But Wambles was still drowning.
[23:19:59] <ShotgunFiend> "Fuck…" «Agent Harrison reporting in again. Put the site on full lockdown, we have a potenital entity in the site. Do not release lockdown until all personel are accounted for. Copy?» Matt has rushed inside already.
[23:19:59] <lurkd> and lakes
[23:20:06] <Vivax> Wambles is in a life vest inside.
[23:20:14] <Vivax> «Uh sure. »
[23:20:20] <padri> Laura runs to her room. "Katie?"
[23:20:29] <Vivax> « Did you find more raccons?»
[23:20:41] <ProcyonLotor> (never enough)
[23:20:45] <Vivax> Padri: Katie is napping, she fell asleep in a book.
[23:20:47] <ZombieRaptor> (Hehe)
[23:20:54] <ShotgunFiend> «Negative. Entity reportedly kidnaps personnel.»
[23:21:07] <padri> Laura collapses in the doorway, sighing with relief.
[23:21:18] <lurkd> Ivan doesn't see her in the classroom so he hustles to the Moodie's room.
[23:21:34] <padri> Then she gets up and goes to the intercom. «Found her.»
[23:21:48] <lurkd> He stops when he sees Laura. *panting* "Is she…?"
[23:21:51] <Vivax> «Are you high? We're dealing with a racoon shaman crisis!»
[23:22:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is right behind Laura. "Holy shit." He mutters
[23:22:01] <padri> She nods.
[23:22:03] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is at a loss for words.
[23:22:14] <lurkd> He leans against the wall.
[23:22:16] <padri> Do they still have the parka?
[23:22:18] <lurkd> *sigh*
[23:22:19] <ZombieRaptor> ( Vivax, can we go fight the raccoons now :D )
[23:22:27] <Vivax> (NO)
[23:22:33] <Vivax> Yes you have the parka.
[23:22:34] <ProcyonLotor> (NO)
[23:22:35] <padri> (pls?)
[23:22:38] <Vivax> (NO)
[23:22:41] <ZombieRaptor> ( :< )
[23:22:48] <Vivax> (FAK U)
[23:22:56] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads back to where Wambles was.
[23:22:59] <padri> (if we can fight raccoons now)
[23:23:01] <ZombieRaptor> Or is
[23:23:04] <Nemi> Seeing that everything is under control, Lis follows Luvi to Wambles.
[23:23:20] <ZombieRaptor> "Wambles are you alright?"
[23:23:21] <ShotgunFiend> Matt repeatedly takes a breath like he's going to say something into the radio, then just gives up.
[23:23:33] <GraemeCracker> Murray chews on some sort of slop in the cafeteria. It's not very good stuff.
[23:23:34] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is standing next to Wambles.
[23:23:39] <padri> Laura stays bloody well right where she is. That was the most horrifying experience of her life, and she's not going to leave her daughter's side for a week.
[23:23:41] <lurkd> He turns to Laura. "She doesn't go outside without an escort."
[23:23:42] <Vivax> Wambles is sleeping in the medical wing.
[23:23:48] <padri> Laura nods.
[23:23:50] <Vivax> A vaguely buzzed nurse attends.
[23:23:51] <ZombieRaptor> Redact.
[23:24:01] <ShotgunFiend> Matt is in that case /not/ by Wambles.
[23:24:08] * Vivax has quit (Quit: see you lasers)
[23:24:51] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi fills up a glass with water and sets it next to Wambles, cause salt water is dehydrating.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License