The Silent Massacre

Note from the Logger: I understand that most runs are pasted by channel, and seperated. However, I’ve taken the liberty of editing together the logs from HI and HI2 for easy reading and continuity.
~ Enjoy Lovelies!

BEGIN RUN

HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 16:05:15] <Sax> Nathan reports.
[2018-09-08 16:05:22] <Sax> He's fully kitted, ready to shoot and get shot.
[2018-09-08 16:05:53] <Odocoileus> Eliza is there and fully prepared
[2018-09-08 16:06:36] <Soulless> Avery reports.
[2018-09-08 16:06:56] <Soulless> He's in his usual outfit, and he glances over at Nathan and Eliza, before trying to find someone else he's familiar with.
[2018-09-08 16:07:24] <Sax> Nathan's dressed in his BDU, and is adjusting some of the tabs on his harness.
[2018-09-08 16:07:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> Just for setting. There are no files on the briefing table, and the clock slowly ticks over the briefing time with no briefer in sight.
[2018-09-08 16:08:17] <Sax> Nathan takes the time to bow his head in silent prayer.
[2018-09-08 16:08:46] <Soulless> Avery mulls around the perimeter of the room, not unlike a cat in a new environment.
[2018-09-08 16:11:56] <Krydderi> Jakey is standing in the doorway, looking about the room with a manic grin.
[2018-09-08 16:13:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> A tech quietly peeks his head into the briefing room, "Uh…apologies for the wait. We're still getting field data. Won't be much longer…and it's no emergency." The tech quickly leaves
[2018-09-08 16:14:46] <Sax> "Oh Father, who is in heaven, how sanctified and holy is Your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is is heaven," Nathan prays.
[2018-09-08 16:15:46] <Krydderi> "…Oh fuck me." Jakey takes a seat, moreso dropping into the chair rather than sitting. "This is going to go sour, huh? Huh."
[2018-09-08 16:16:54] <Odocoileus> "dont jinx us."
[2018-09-08 16:17:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> The door opens and the briefing officer enters the room with files under her arm. She's in standard Site-15 fatigues, and has half-rim glasses. Her name badge reads: O'Connel. The files are quickly passed around.
[2018-09-08 16:17:37] <Soulless> Avery slides close to Jakey.
[2018-09-08 16:17:51] <Soulless> He looks at his file.
[2018-09-08 16:18:00] <Sax> Nathan looks up, and his face is now stern.
[2018-09-08 16:18:18] <Sax> He receives his file, and opens that and a FMP to begin copying pertinent information.
[2018-09-08 16:18:31] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Apologies for the delay, agents. Let's make up for lost time: does the name Brakerman's Rest ring any bells?"
[2018-09-08 16:18:46] <Sax> Nathan shakes his head.
[2018-09-08 16:19:42] <Krydderi> Jakey is taking notes on his CMI
[2018-09-08 16:20:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> In the file, you all see a map of Britain, with a circled red dot in the north-western coast. The agent continues, "That's not surprising. Brakerman's Rest is a small village in Britain. Population under 100, small fishery, tourist trap for history buffs a little too affectionate with their model train sets."
[2018-09-08 16:22:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> "A few hours ago, a woman from England went up to visit her parents in the village. Constables the next town over found her in hysterics and screaming that the town had been…stolen. Our response team has more or less verified that claim. But they're requesting specialist help, you folks specifically."
[2018-09-08 16:23:01] <Sax> Nathan writes info down.
[2018-09-08 16:23:10] <Sax> "Disappeared as in the town ceases to exist?"
[2018-09-08 16:23:34] <Sax> "Like the local topography has not changed? Or is there now a massive hole where Brakerman's Rest used to be?"
[2018-09-08 16:23:47] <Krydderi> Tap tap… Ignore the man typing on the holographic display in the corner..
[2018-09-08 16:24:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> "No, Brakerman's Rest is very much still there. But the reports are…ambiguous regarding the populace. Whatever happened, it's above the pay-grade for the containment team on the ground. We need you there to figure out what's going on, and we can act from there."
[2018-09-08 16:24:47] <Odocoileus> Eliza is looking through her file and raises an eyebrow. "Has she been medically evaluated for any type of psychological illnesses?"
[2018-09-08 16:25:47] <Veiedhimaedhr> "The woman? She was a law student in England. Perfectly sane. Her current psychological state is less perfect. She's being held by Foundation forces until Brakerman's Rest is cleared."
[2018-09-08 16:25:48] <Soulless> "So to be clear, we are unaware of what has happened, and the reports are above pay-grade as to what has happened?"
[2018-09-08 16:26:07] <Odocoileus> She cracks her gum a bit.
[2018-09-08 16:26:22] <Sax> Nathan notes this. "So we're an assessment team, more or less."
[2018-09-08 16:27:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Yes. The containment team has done their job and sealed the area off. You'll be working with them and they'll be following your lead. But be on your guard."
[2018-09-08 16:27:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Are there any questions before you head out?"
[2018-09-08 16:28:40] <Odocoileus> "none here."
[2018-09-08 16:28:48] <Sax> "Rules of engagement. Infiltration and exfiltration routes. Places of interest."
[2018-09-08 16:30:35] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Infiltration unneeded. You'll be transferred to a police helicopter and dropped away from civilian view. Exfil will be the same. The area's been sealed off under the cover of terrorist investigation. Places of interest…not many. There's a local train museum built into the old train station that the village is built around but mostly houses and shops."
[2018-09-08 16:31:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Rules of engagement. Uncertain. But clear and present threats are authorized for engagement."
[2018-09-08 16:31:19] <Sax> "Understood. Radio procedures?"
[2018-09-08 16:32:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> "You will be in constant radio contact with the containment team and vice versa. If you have intel, broadcast it over. If they have intel, they'll pass it on to you. They'll be compiling data and photographs for the report so just worry about clearing the way and assessing the situation."
[2018-09-08 16:32:50] <Sax> "Understood. Nothing further from me."
[2018-09-08 16:32:58] <Krydderi> Jakey just nods.
[2018-09-08 16:33:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Anyone else?"
[2018-09-08 16:33:52] <Soulless> Avery blinks, owlish and slow, and is silent.
[2018-09-08 16:34:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> She nods, "All right then. I hope you're ready for the lovely British weather then."
[2018-09-08 16:35:47] <Sax> Nathan nods, and is ready for combat… after he retrieves a smock from his room.
[2018-09-08 16:36:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Timeskip to the dropship?)
[2018-09-08 16:36:50] <Soulless> (sure)
[2018-09-08 16:36:56] <Odocoileus> (yah)
[2018-09-08 16:37:11] <Sax> (sure)
[2018-09-08 16:37:27] <Krydderi> (Ye)
[2018-09-08 16:38:43] <Veiedhimaedhr> You all get into the dropship, and it begins its flight to the lovely British Isles. (You folks got any dropship banter or discussion or shall we super-skip to Brakerman's Rest?)
[2018-09-08 16:39:27] <Sax> (superskip that)
[2018-09-08 16:40:00] <Veiedhimaedhr> Zoom
[2018-09-08 16:41:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> The dropship first arrives in a field in Britain where you all are transferred to a British Police helicopter where you resume your flight. And then, you arrive
[2018-09-08 16:42:20] <Soulless> Avery is there, awake, because he hasn't been able to sleep a wink in the noise. He looks racoon-eyed and glassy.
[2018-09-08 16:42:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> Brakerman's Rest is a small, British country village. The night-time sky is made even darker by the downpouring of rain. Thunder booms and flashes of lightning briefly illuminate idle homes with their lights still on. You all see flashing police lights arranged by all the roads in and out of the village. A helicopter with a searchlight combs the area
[2018-09-08 16:43:24] <Sax> Nathan disembarks, Veronica slung over his shoulders.
[2018-09-08 16:43:32] <Veiedhimaedhr> You touch down near the fishery, where the containment team has set up a small field-HQ. It's a small run indoors but you get drenched anyway. Inside, you see Foundation personnel huddled around tables and maps
[2018-09-08 16:43:43] <Sax> He adjusts his shemagh, and looks for the incident commander.
[2018-09-08 16:44:29] <Soulless> Avery looks over the tables and maps.
[2018-09-08 16:45:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's a crowded and bad smelling fishery. Roll Perception to analyze the scene in general, or Insight to get a feel for the mood
[2018-09-08 16:45:26] <Sax> 4df+5 Nathan's just looking around for now (Perception)
[2018-09-08 16:45:27] <Glacon> Sax: Nathan's just looking around for now (Perception): 5 (4df+5=3+, 0, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 16:45:55] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Jakey looks around, taking notes of anything seeming of interest.
[2018-09-08 16:45:57] <Glacon> Krydderi: Jakey looks around, taking notes of anything seeming of interest.: 8 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 16:45:58] <Odocoileus> 4df+3 she loooks
[2018-09-08 16:45:58] <Glacon> Odocoileus: she loooks: 3 (4df+3=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 16:46:07] <Krydderi> (That critwin opff)
[2018-09-08 16:46:19] <Soulless> 4df+2 low perception
[2018-09-08 16:46:20] <Glacon> Soulless: low perception: 0 (4df+2=0, 0, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 16:46:46] <Soulless> Avery also has 2 insight, so a 0
[2018-09-08 16:47:35] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery sees a lot of people. Nate and Eliza, you both see the Incident commander up by the radio terminal. Jakey, you see the commander as well, but you also see that pretty much everyone in the room has left their coffee cups untouched, and that the armed guards are frequently looking out the windows
[2018-09-08 16:49:25] <Krydderi> "Looks like this place has a case of the paranoias…" Jakey states offhandedly while typing it into the CMI.
[2018-09-08 16:50:38] <Sax> Nathan waits for the commander to get off the radio.
[2018-09-08 16:50:45] <Veiedhimaedhr> One of the guards who see you enter taps the commander on the shoulder. He jumps and turns towards you before quickly striving over. He's tall, and there's a shaky cigarette in his mouth. "You folks from Site-15?"
[2018-09-08 16:50:57] <Odocoileus> She glance towards Jake, " you think so?"
[2018-09-08 16:51:06] <Sax> Nathan nods.
[2018-09-08 16:51:17] <Sax> "Reporting from Site-15."
[2018-09-08 16:51:39] <Sax> "We were notified of an occurrence a while ago. Has the situation changed?"
[2018-09-08 16:52:10] <Krydderi> Jakey looks to Eliza, showing the screen of his CMI to her. It reads: "No ones touched their coffee and they're looking out the windows
[2018-09-08 16:52:29] <Krydderi> *Windows as if expecting to see something, a lot…"
[2018-09-08 16:53:06] <Odocoileus> She nods and narrows her eyes. "Thats a little worrying.."
[2018-09-08 16:54:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> "The situation? The situation's just as bad. My people are hearing things, seeing things through the flashes of lightning. It doesn't look much better for the locals, past-tense." His mouth hangs open for a moment and the cigarette falls out. He shakily replaces it and tries to relight it with shivering fingers, "Fucking freezing rain…."
[2018-09-08 16:54:36] <Sax> "Seeing things, as in apparitions? Hostiles?"
[2018-09-08 16:55:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Apparition, singular. We have a few preliminary sketches based off the accounts, but their inconclusive. If you'd follow me, I can show you them, and show you your search route."
[2018-09-08 16:55:55] <Sax> "Of course." Nathan follows along.
[2018-09-08 16:55:59] <Sax> He motions for the others to follow.
[2018-09-08 16:56:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> He gestures and leads you to a table that's lit by a hanging lamp
[2018-09-08 16:56:27] <Sax> "If any of you can see if you can pull up any history of Brakerman's Rest hosting supernatural phenomena, get on that."
[2018-09-08 16:56:32] <Sax> Nathan looks at the sketches.
[2018-09-08 16:56:45] <Odocoileus> She follows keeping her eyes on the other people, monitoring their actions out of the corner of her eye.
[2018-09-08 16:58:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> There's a local map spread out on the table. A red line going out from the fishery and through the central row of houses. A blue line goes out from the fishery and through the peripheral homes and shops. Scattered are notepad pages, with rough sketches of just a bright light, like the drawing of a flashlight aimed at the artist
[2018-09-08 16:58:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> "The red line's yours." the commander motions,
[2018-09-08 16:58:31] <Soulless> Avery attempts to slip outside.
[2018-09-08 16:59:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery can do so. Please go to HI2
[2018-09-08 16:59:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df-82 do the guards at the door notice Avery do this?
[2018-09-08 16:59:49] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: do the guards at the door notice Avery do this?: -81 (4df-82=0, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 16:59:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> The guards don't seem to even notice the attempt


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 17:00:48] <Soulless> Avery heads outside.
[2018-09-08 17:01:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> Outside the fishery, the rain is intense. The black night all consuming. The only lights are from the street lights and the buildings in the town
[2018-09-08 17:01:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> Foundation personnel seem more or less congregated by the fishery, and the ones outside the walls practically have their backs to the walls
[2018-09-08 17:06:25] <Soulless> Avery attempts to sidle along the walls, looking around for anything amiss.


HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 17:00:35] <Krydderi> Jakey looks to the sketches and the map, and to Averys wandering. Tap tap tap…
[2018-09-08 17:02:32] <Sax> "What have other search teams located on their routes?"
[2018-09-08 17:03:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander continues, "We're hoping you could tell us. We figure you could split up and take the houses two at a time. We haven't gotten any hostile reports from any of them. That might get us out of here faster. But if you want to be thorough you can all go into them one by one."
[2018-09-08 17:04:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> "We'll resume searching the peripherals once you give the OK. If you tell us that we need to close our ears to safely search the area, we'll do so. If we need to tip-toe, we'll do it. But right now, we're practically blind….Are there only 3 of you? I thought there were 4."
[2018-09-08 17:04:29] <Sax> "Being thorough may help us find something an initial team missed."
[2018-09-08 17:04:41] <Sax> "… oh for FUCKS's sakes!"
[2018-09-08 17:05:09] <Krydderi> "Avery went outside- I'll get him." Jakey waves to to Nate and heads out for Avery.


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 17:08:57] <Krydderi> Jakey heads outside, looking for Avery and grumbling at the rain. Gonna say he brought an umbrella.
[2018-09-08 17:09:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> Other than the bad fish smell and the cold shower, there's nothing really amiss. The umbrella helps Jakey
[2018-09-08 17:10:34] <Krydderi> Jakey is looking for the elusive dweeb that is Avery!
[2018-09-08 17:10:57] <Soulless> Avery sniffs the air a little, paws the ground with a foot. He heads back to Jakey as he notices him, but looks out into the dark, trying to find what everyone's looking for.
[2018-09-08 17:11:59] <Krydderi> "Try not to wander off Ave. Come on." Jakey holds Averya wrist and leads him back inside.
[2018-09-08 17:13:14] <Soulless> Avery is pulled back, but it's clear he isn't happy about it.


HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 17:05:46] <Sax> To the incident commander: "So all reports are inconclusive?"
[2018-09-08 17:06:06] <Sax> "Have any teams gone missing or have personnel been injured while the cordon was formed?"
[2018-09-08 17:06:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Not a single person has gone missing or been injured. Both before and after whatever happened here…happened."
[2018-09-08 17:07:27] <Sax> "Why the intense paranoia, then?"
[2018-09-08 17:07:40] <Sax> "It's as if everyone here is anticipating an enemy assault."
[2018-09-08 17:09:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> "It's not paranoia. It's just standard security procedure…. And you haven't seen the situation yet. If you're ready to go, I'll assemble the others and we'll depart simultaneously."
[2018-09-08 17:09:29] <Sax> "What can we expect to see?"
[2018-09-08 17:09:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Hopefully not what they're seeing." he nudges to some of his people
[2018-09-08 17:10:57] <Sax> "Understood. I'm ready to head out if my other teammates are."
[2018-09-08 17:12:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> "You go when you're ready. I'll be monitoring the situation from here." (Odo has to drop so we're going to have Eliza standing by in the Fishery assisting them while you folks go into the town)
[2018-09-08 17:12:54] <Sax> (Aight)
[2018-09-08 17:13:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> (You 3 can start whenever you want and we'll timeskip to the first house on the route.)
[2018-09-08 17:13:05] <Sax> Nathan waits for the other two to return.
[2018-09-08 17:13:14] <Sax> While he sketches out the route of attack.
[2018-09-08 17:13:48] <Krydderi> Jakey returns with Avery! Tugging him along like an elder sibling does with a wandering tot.
[2018-09-08 17:14:03] <Soulless> Avery is silent and inscrutible, as usual.
[2018-09-08 17:14:57] <Sax> "Don't wander off, Solace."
[2018-09-08 17:15:31] <Sax> "Solace, Barrett, we're going out and following a path. Angelo will stay behind as backup."
[2018-09-08 17:15:47] <Sax> "Follow my lead, and don't wander off. We're effectively going in dark."
[2018-09-08 17:16:17] <Sax> Nathan loads Veronica, and pulls the bolt back, chambering a round and ready to rock and roll.
[2018-09-08 17:17:30] <Veiedhimaedhr> (You folks good to transition to the houses?)
[2018-09-08 17:18:19] <Soulless> (sure)
[2018-09-08 17:19:06] <Krydderi> (Ye)
[2018-09-08 17:19:09] <Sax> (go for it)
[2018-09-08 17:20:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's a relatively short walk/jog through the rain. It's so heavy that you almost can't see in front of you. But the lights in the homes are still on, and it is by them that you make it to your first house. A small, English cottage
[2018-09-08 17:20:52] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch 1,2,3,4
[2018-09-08 17:20:53] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 1
[2018-09-08 17:21:18] <Sax> Nathan's wearing full rain gear, so he's not as bothered by the rain.
[2018-09-08 17:21:18] <Veiedhimaedhr> How do you enter the home?
[2018-09-08 17:21:36] <Krydderi> Jakey has an umbrella up! Rain schmain.
[2018-09-08 17:21:47] <Sax> Nathan's scouting out the house first.
[2018-09-08 17:22:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> Are you looking through a window? Or something else?
[2018-09-08 17:23:11] <Soulless> Avery shadows Nathan exactly.
[2018-09-08 17:23:14] <Sax> Nathan's inspecting through whatever windows are present.
[2018-09-08 17:23:29] <Sax> He's a ways away, using Veronica's scope to peer from a safe distance.
[2018-09-08 17:23:48] <Krydderi> Jakey looks about as well, although he is slightly closer.
[2018-09-08 17:25:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> Through the scope, it's hard to see through the heavy coating of rain oozing over the windows. However, Nate and Jakey, you can both see a blurred dining room. The seats pushed in neatly, the table's cleared. Jakey, roll Perception
[2018-09-08 17:25:59] <Soulless> "We should knock."
[2018-09-08 17:26:08] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Perc!
[2018-09-08 17:26:09] <Glacon> Krydderi: Perc!: 4 (4df+4=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 17:26:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey it's too difficult to get any smells or sounds from outside the house, especially through the rain and thunder
[2018-09-08 17:27:42] <Sax> Have there been any reports of aberrant civilian behavior?
[2018-09-08 17:27:48] <Sax> Or have civilians been evacuated?
[2018-09-08 17:28:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> No civilians have been evacuated. And there are no reports of civilian behavior. period
[2018-09-08 17:28:37] <Sax> Nathan moves to the front door, and inspects the frame for tampering.
[2018-09-08 17:29:09] <Veiedhimaedhr> No tampering. The door's locked like any would be at this time of day
[2018-09-08 17:29:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> night*
[2018-09-08 17:29:44] <Sax> Nathan motions for the others to get behind him, and he switches to his 45, preparing to shoot the lock out.
[2018-09-08 17:30:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> You can shoot the lock out if you wish. I'm not going to make you roll anything for it.
[2018-09-08 17:30:32] <Sax> Nathan does so.
[2018-09-08 17:30:42] <Sax> Any procedures on finding and evacuating civilians?
[2018-09-08 17:30:47] <Krydderi> Jakey has his pistol out, standing by Nate for support.
[2018-09-08 17:31:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> British village locks are no match for the cold steel of ballistic technology. The door is now unlocked. Procedures are to report any survivors to the containment team
[2018-09-08 17:33:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> What do you do now that the door is open?
[2018-09-08 17:33:30] <Sax> Nate kicks the door open, and enters first, using his pistol and flashlight to illuminate the entrance hallways.
[2018-09-08 17:34:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> Who else follows?
[2018-09-08 17:34:44] <Krydderi> Jakey follows!
[2018-09-08 17:37:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Soulless ?)
[2018-09-08 17:41:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> In any case, Jakey and Nate, you two are both inside as of right now. The rain becomes significantly muffled. The lights are still on in the entrance hall, as well as in the rest of the house. You can go left into the dining room, or right into the living room. You can also make a Perception check right here if you want before going anywhere
[2018-09-08 17:42:57] <Sax> 4df+5 Nathan peers about
[2018-09-08 17:42:58] <Glacon> Sax: Nathan peers about: 4 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 17:43:02] <Sax> (Perception)
[2018-09-08 17:43:07] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Perc Check! Jakey looks about.
[2018-09-08 17:43:09] <Glacon> Krydderi: Perc Check! Jakey looks about.: 6 (4df+4=0, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 17:44:21] <Veiedhimaedhr> You both hear the television on in the living room. Jakey, if there are civilians in this house, they're either immensely deep sleepers or they didn't react to the gunshot and door-breach at all.
[2018-09-08 17:44:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> On second thought, this an observation you both make
[2018-09-08 17:44:48] <Soulless> (sorry here Veiedhimaedhr )
[2018-09-08 17:44:52] <Soulless> Avery follow.
[2018-09-08 17:45:07] <Veiedhimaedhr> Want to make a perc check Avery?
[2018-09-08 17:46:57] <Sax> "This is odd, and odd is bad."
[2018-09-08 17:47:07] <Sax> "Gunshots in a normally quiet village should wake everyone up."
[2018-09-08 17:48:42] <Krydderi> "Well- I get the nasty feeling there's no one here to wake up." Jakey starts typing up stuff on the CMI again.
[2018-09-08 17:48:51] <Soulless> 4df+2 no perc!
[2018-09-08 17:48:51] <Glacon> Soulless: no perc!: 1 (4df+2=3+, 4-, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 17:49:12] <Soulless> Avery slips into the living room.
[2018-09-08 17:49:29] <Sax> "Let's keep looking about. I'll cover upstairs.
[2018-09-08 17:49:35] <Sax> "Keep on contact via internal comms."
[2018-09-08 17:49:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you hear the television too. I'll leave it to Avery's character whether or not that same observation about the lack of gunshot response got absorbed.
[2018-09-08 17:50:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> There's a bedroom upstairs. Living room to the right and dining room to the left. The house is so small that even if you go different routes, no one needs to be moved to HI2
[2018-09-08 17:51:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> What do?
[2018-09-08 17:51:22] <Sax> Nathan begins opening up the bedrooms, leading with his pistol and inspecting the rooms.
[2018-09-08 17:52:33] <Krydderi> Jakey is behind Nate at all times as backup. Because medical!
[2018-09-08 17:55:07] <Veiedhimaedhr> You go into one bedroom. It's smaller, the lights are off. There are sports trophies and other teenage memorabillia. Nothing really of note. There's also a master bedroom with the door closed.
[2018-09-08 17:56:44] <Sax> Nathan moves to the master room, and opens the door.
[2018-09-08 17:57:30] <Veiedhimaedhr> I need an entering order
[2018-09-08 17:58:00] <Sax> Nathan leads.
[2018-09-08 17:58:25] <Soulless> Avery follows, probably taking up the back of the duo,.
[2018-09-08 17:58:41] <Krydderi> Jakey follows right behind him
[2018-09-08 17:58:52] <Krydderi> *behind Nate, not Ave
[2018-09-08 17:59:55] <Veiedhimaedhr> You enter the room. It's dark, and you can see silhouettes sitting up in the bed. They aren't moving and you can't make them out clearly. There's a light switch next to you on the wall Nate.
[2018-09-08 18:01:38] → Sax|Cloud joined (sretaw.peed.gnidih.ksa|m#sretaw.peed.gnidih.ksa|m)
[2018-09-08 18:02:16] <Sax> He has a flashlight in hand.
[2018-09-08 18:02:22] <Sax> He beams the figures.
[2018-09-08 18:04:03] <Veiedhimaedhr> No one needs a perception check to see this. Nate shines the flashlight and reveals a couple, sitting up in their bed, frozen in place like statues. Their faces twisted into horrified screams held still like a photograph. And the color has been completely bleached out from both them, their bed, and the walls behind them. The scene is in black and white.
[2018-09-08 18:04:29] <Sax> "Barrett, you're seeing this?"
[2018-09-08 18:04:43] <Soulless> Avery tilts his head. He follows their gaze, what direction was the thing they were looking at.
[2018-09-08 18:05:30] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's directly ahead of you 3. The couple's eyes almost look as though they're staring at you all
[2018-09-08 18:05:55] * spookybee → snoozlebee
[2018-09-08 18:07:05] <Soulless> Avery turns around behind him looking for a signof someone else being arond.
[2018-09-08 18:07:15] <Sax> Nathan approaches slowly, hitting the main lights before approaching the couple.
[2018-09-08 18:07:26] <Sax> He gently prods them with his bayonet sheath.
[2018-09-08 18:08:48] <Veiedhimaedhr> The bayonet clinks against them as if they were made of wood. But as soon as the bayonet makes contact, you suddenly feel an itch, like a mosquito bite, beneath your skull. Roll Anti-Psy
[2018-09-08 18:08:59] <Sax> 4df+5 Antipsy
[2018-09-08 18:09:00] <Glacon> Sax: Antipsy: 6 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 18:09:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 The Hazard
[2018-09-08 18:09:27] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Hazard: 6 (4df+5=3+, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 18:09:37] <Krydderi> 18:07 <Krydderi> "I see it." Jakey stays close to Nate, ready to yank him back if something bad happens. (Resending this because fuck my internet)
[2018-09-08 18:11:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nathan, the sensation quickly fades and your mind returns to normal. But…
[2018-09-08 18:11:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch 1,2,3,4
[2018-09-08 18:11:12] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 4
[2018-09-08 18:11:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> But…you quietly begin to hear whispers. So quiet you can't make out any words…only that they are whispers from far away
[2018-09-08 18:11:59] <Sax> He backs up.
[2018-09-08 18:12:04] <Sax> "Alright, touching those is a BAD IDEA."
[2018-09-08 18:12:21] <Sax> «Command, this is Audley.»
[2018-09-08 18:12:41] <Krydderi> Jakey makes more notes on the CMI. "Noted.."
[2018-09-08 18:12:43] <Veiedhimaedhr> «This is the containment team. What do you have for us?»
[2018-09-08 18:13:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, since the lights are on, all of you can make non-tacticle PERC checks too
[2018-09-08 18:13:11] <Sax> «Located a pair of civilians. Most likely dead. Do not touch the civilians.»
[2018-09-08 18:14:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Found your first statues have you? We'll pass that along, and I'll start asking some of the loonies here if they've already done that. Might explain some of the sights and sounds. Anything reaching you?»
[2018-09-08 18:14:19] <Sax> «Potential coghaz or psyhaz about.»
[2018-09-08 18:14:36] <Sax> «Not quite yet. Will keep informed. Audley out.»
[2018-09-08 18:14:48] <Sax> He looks to the others.
[2018-09-08 18:14:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Understood. Command out.»
[2018-09-08 18:14:56] <Sax> "Touch is a definite bad idea."
[2018-09-08 18:15:10] <Sax> "If civilians rush towards you, make them stop and lie down."
[2018-09-08 18:15:20] <Sax> "If they do not obey…"
[2018-09-08 18:15:22] <Sax> "… make them."
[2018-09-08 18:15:30] <Krydderi> "What happened when you touched them?" Jakey raises a brow, typing.
[2018-09-08 18:15:51] <Sax> "Felt a sting in my brain… and now I hear whispers about."
[2018-09-08 18:16:03] <Sax> "Nothing discernible, and can be easily shrugged."
[2018-09-08 18:16:51] <Krydderi> Jakey starts ticking, and looks to Avery. "Anything to say on the matter, memetics expert?"
[2018-09-08 18:17:11] <Soulless> Science or logic?
[2018-09-08 18:18:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> your choice. They're both valid
[2018-09-08 18:19:21] <Soulless> 4df+8 science with a phd in anomalies tag
[2018-09-08 18:19:21] <Glacon> Soulless: science with a phd in anomalies tag: 7 (4df+8=4-, 0, 0, 0)
[2018-09-08 18:21:57] <Veiedhimaedhr> Hmmm. There's some unknown variables from this one sample but you do see make sense of the following. The couple are frozen in black and white, but also the walls behind them and the bed they're lying on. But not all of it. In fact, most of the room still has its color; there's only a conical streak of b&w extending from a point on the floor near you and…
[2018-09-08 18:22:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> spreading out over the couple and the wall behind them
[2018-09-08 18:23:05] <Soulless> Avery explains.
[2018-09-08 18:23:17] <Soulless> Does he make sense of the touching -> voices?
[2018-09-08 18:25:08] <Veiedhimaedhr> He knows that touching directly caused that. But it's hard to tell right now whether it's a lingering after-effect, the full force of the anomaly now locked in to these statues, or something else
[2018-09-08 18:29:10] <Soulless> He relays this also.
[2018-09-08 18:32:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> There are more houses along the route. And they might have more evidence to piece together.
[2018-09-08 18:32:22] <Sax|Cloud> Nathan leads.
[2018-09-08 18:32:57] <Krydderi> Jakey types out everything he's told, following Nate once again.
[2018-09-08 18:33:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> Is Nathan leading out of the house to the next one?
[2018-09-08 18:34:38] <Soulonphone> Avery follows, quiet.
[2018-09-08 18:34:48] <Sax|Cloud> Yep.
[2018-09-08 18:35:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's another cottage. The lights are on, the door is locked. How proceed?
[2018-09-08 18:36:14] <Soulonphone> “Should we ring the door bell?”
[2018-09-08 18:36:35] <Sax|Cloud> "Sure."
[2018-09-08 18:36:46] <Sax|Cloud> Nathan does not ring the bell, however.
[2018-09-08 18:36:59] <Sax|Cloud> He steps back and switches to Veronica.
[2018-09-08 18:37:15] <Krydderi> Jakey reads over his notes, and murmurs almost randomly- "Odd that every sketch of the entity was like a light source, and the black and white effect fanned out like a flashlight from the point of origin.. Makes you wonder."
[2018-09-08 18:38:48] <Soulonphone> “Perhaps we should remain in a darkness.”
[2018-09-08 18:40:52] <Veiedhimaedhr> Any door breaches or window peeks?
[2018-09-08 18:41:24] <Krydderi> Jakey peeks through a window!
[2018-09-08 18:42:46] <Soulonphone> He waits for the gun to go off.
[2018-09-08 18:43:31] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, it's another dining room but this one is different. Through the water streaming down the glass, you see that there is a very distinct color contrast and that part of the room is streaked black and white. Some of the chairs are upturned and there's broken food on the floor.
[2018-09-08 18:45:10] <Krydderi> Broken as in, frozen and then broken like stone or..?
[2018-09-08 18:45:32] <Soulonphone> Avery licks his lips and watches their back, cautious.
[2018-09-08 18:45:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> oh fugg. I meant broken plates woops
[2018-09-08 18:45:48] <Krydderi> Gotcha
[2018-09-08 18:46:25] <Krydderi> "Looks like there was more of a scene in this one." Jakey grins as he steps back. "Shall we?"
[2018-09-08 18:48:39] <Soulonphone> “A locked door.”
[2018-09-08 18:49:58] <Soulonphone> “A phenomenon that is not heeded to doors.”
[2018-09-08 18:51:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Sax|Cloud ?)
[2018-09-08 18:52:04] → Sax joined (ylf.dn|tuo.raos#ylf.dn|tuo.raos)
[2018-09-08 18:52:09] <Sax|Cloud> Nathan's in the brushline, sighting in Veronica.
[2018-09-08 18:53:12] <Sax> 4df+7 He peers through the windows, looking for anything off (Perception)
[2018-09-08 18:53:12] <Glacon> Sax: He peers through the windows, looking for anything off (Perception): 5 (4df+7=0, 4-, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 18:53:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> You more or less see the above scene as well. But not much else
[2018-09-08 18:53:48] <Sax> He keeps Veronica trained on the house.
[2018-09-08 18:54:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> How do y'all want to proceed with the house?
[2018-09-08 18:55:03] <Soulonphone> Avery looks for signs of some sort of tracks at any of the windows.
[2018-09-08 18:55:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery will find no tracks
[2018-09-08 18:57:17] <Sax> "I'll shoot out the locks, and get you guys into the house, while keeping watch outside."
[2018-09-08 18:57:25] <Sax> "If things get real, lead them to a window."
[2018-09-08 18:57:51] <Soulonphone> He looks for some signs of breaking into any windowsZ
[2018-09-08 18:58:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> No windows are broken either. The house looks untouched from the outside
[2018-09-08 18:58:40] <Sax> "Stand by for lock busting."
[2018-09-08 18:58:58] <Sax> Nathan zeroes in Veronica on the front door's locks, and fires a shot to pierce it.
[2018-09-08 18:59:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> The door is no match for Veronica. The door is now free to open and close as anyone pleases
[2018-09-08 19:00:30] <Sax> "Door's open."
[2018-09-08 19:00:33] <Sax> "Go."
[2018-09-08 19:02:08] <Soulonphone> Avery slips in.
[2018-09-08 19:02:16] <Soulonphone> 4df+6 sneaking
[2018-09-08 19:02:17] <Glacon> soulonphone: sneaking: 8 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 19:04:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, you are immediately greeted by a man in what looks like Army fatigues lunging at you with a knife. Roll Perception
[2018-09-08 19:04:58] <Soulonphone> 4df+2 What perception
[2018-09-08 19:04:59] <Glacon> soulonphone: What perception: 3 (4df+2=3+, 0, 0, 0)
[2018-09-08 19:05:11] <Sax> Is Avery still in the doorway?
[2018-09-08 19:05:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> The good news is that the man is frozen in place. He's black and white and so is the house surrounding him, conical spread outwards from where Avery is standing
[2018-09-08 19:06:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery has snuck just through the door, and the man is at the foot of the staircase
[2018-09-08 19:08:09] <Krydderi> (Fuck this internet) Jakey is still behind Nathan. "So, this one tried to put up a fight?"
[2018-09-08 19:09:20] <Sax> "Most likely."
[2018-09-08 19:09:27] <Sax> "Whatever got him was way faster."
[2018-09-08 19:09:47] <Veiedhimaedhr> You can inspect the man, with or without touching him, via Perception
[2018-09-08 19:10:19] → Odocoileus joined (~Odocoileu@BFFECFE7:404A08F2:BE12F959:IP)
[2018-09-08 19:10:24] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Lookie!
[2018-09-08 19:10:26] <Glacon> Krydderi: Lookie!: 5 (4df+4=4-, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 19:11:10] <Krydderi> Perception, no touchie.
[2018-09-08 19:11:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> all right. Jakey, you notice the uniform, it's British military. The victim's also had a buzzcut recently. Former military? Recently discharged? Who knows?
[2018-09-08 19:12:13] <Sax> 4df+7 If the man's within the doorframe, Nathan can see with his scope (Perception)
[2018-09-08 19:12:14] <Glacon> Sax: If the man's within the doorframe, Nathan can see with his scope (Perception): 9 (4df+7=3+, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 19:12:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> The man's at the foot of the stairs inside the house, so if Nate's looking directly through the doorframe he'll see him
[2018-09-08 19:14:21] <Sax> Then he's seeing him with a 9-up.
[2018-09-08 19:14:45] <Veiedhimaedhr> Yup
[2018-09-08 19:15:09] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, Jakey are you behind Nate in the brush or are you in the house by this man besides Avery?
[2018-09-08 19:15:36] <Soulonphone> Avery stares at the man.
[2018-09-08 19:15:42] <Soulonphone> “He tried.”
[2018-09-08 19:15:57] <Krydderi> I'll say Jakey has moved to be with Avery.
[2018-09-08 19:16:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey and Avery, you feel something akin to a small millipede suddenly crawl through the folds of your brain. Roll anti-psy
[2018-09-08 19:16:41] <Krydderi> 4df+6 [Internal Screaming]
[2018-09-08 19:16:42] <Glacon> Krydderi: [Internal Screaming]: 6 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 19:17:49] <Soulonphone> Wait
[2018-09-08 19:19:00] <Soulonphone> 4df+8
[2018-09-08 19:19:01] <Glacon> soulonphone: 8 (4df+8=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 19:19:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 The Hazard
[2018-09-08 19:19:16] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Hazard: 3 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 19:20:47] <Veiedhimaedhr> The sensation fades. Avery, you see and hear nothing out of the ordinary at the moment. Jakey, guess what you're now listening to this on loop in your head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
[2018-09-08 19:20:47] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (FULL) - length 15m - 826078↑21062↓ - 113,440,479 views - andrea romano on 2010.12.15
[2018-09-08 19:21:13] <Soulonphone> 4df+8 science Avery looks for what could’ve triggered the sensation he just experienced
[2018-09-08 19:21:13] <Glacon> soulonphone: science Avery looks for what could’ve triggered the sensation he just experienced: 9 (4df+8=4-, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 19:21:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> It was the stare for you, Avery
[2018-09-08 19:22:21] <Soulonphone> “Nathan. Inform them that we must not meet the gazes of the statues.”
[2018-09-08 19:24:15] <Krydderi> "…Am I hearing Beethoven?" Jakey looks around for a moment, "Why does Nathan get whispers and I get piano music??"
[2018-09-08 19:24:57] <Sax> «Command, Audley in.»
[2018-09-08 19:25:43] <Soulonphone> Avery notes this. He looks for a source.
[2018-09-08 19:25:57] <Veiedhimaedhr> «This is command. What can we do for you?»
[2018-09-08 19:26:28] <Krydderi> Jakey is ticking again, it's a noticable ticking and it's erratic.
[2018-09-08 19:26:33] <Soulonphone> “I felt it try; it did not succeed on me. Actually. Jakey. Meet my gaze.”
[2018-09-08 19:26:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, the smallest part of the black and white cone starts practically immediately in front of the statue with the knife
[2018-09-08 19:27:13] <Soulonphone> He notes this. Somehow, he is a source… odd.
[2018-09-08 19:27:30] <Sax> «Encountered another set of statues. Meeting gazes is also inadvised.»
[2018-09-08 19:27:59] <Krydderi> "Avery I feel that ia a terrible idea. I wouldn't wish this insanity on anyone-" Tick tick tick.
[2018-09-08 19:28:29] <Soulonphone> “We must know if those exposed but non statues are also infectious.”
[2018-09-08 19:28:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> «That would explain the Schubert. We'll pass that along. We've got still-frame scenes everywhere here, how's it looking on your end?»
[2018-09-08 19:29:43] <Krydderi> "And if I am? That'll take you out too. It's better we not make eye contact or touch, just in case. Minimize exposure as much as we can."
[2018-09-08 19:30:31] <Sax> «We're also getting still frames.»
[2018-09-08 19:30:39] <Sax> «Looks like the other two are inspecting closely.»
[2018-09-08 19:32:03] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Understood. We'll finish up here and head into the museum. Out.» Nate you hear the beginning of the commander's musical hum before the radio cuts
[2018-09-08 19:32:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> For those inside the house, you can work around the man to go upstairs, head into the living room or head into the dining room
[2018-09-08 19:32:44] <Sax> Nathan notes this, including the musical hum, and continues overwatch.
[2018-09-08 19:34:34] <Krydderi> Jakey checks the dining room, motioning for Avery to follow.
[2018-09-08 19:36:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> The dining room is a mess. Plates are on the floor, 3 chairs are upturned and a conical section of the room has no color. This streak seems to spread outwards towards the closed pantry.
[2018-09-08 19:38:42] <Krydderi> No visible people in the room?
[2018-09-08 19:39:32] <Veiedhimaedhr> None that you can see right now. But the streak is there.
[2018-09-08 19:39:37] <Soulonphone> Avery follows.
[2018-09-08 19:39:47] <Soulonphone> He looks at the source of the cone.
[2018-09-08 19:40:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> Just behind the dinner table, pointed straight at the pantry
[2018-09-08 19:41:30] <Krydderi> Jakey looks to Avery, not meeting his eyes. He nods and moves to open the pantry.
[2018-09-08 19:41:53] <Soulonphone> Avery hmmm and keep a lookout.
[2018-09-08 19:43:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> Does the pantry get opened or is Jakey still just about to? Also, what direction is Avery looking out? The window?
[2018-09-08 19:43:53] <Krydderi> Jakey is just about to.
[2018-09-08 19:44:27] <Soulonphone> Avery looks out the window, yes.
[2018-09-08 19:44:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> All right. You all can proceed.
[2018-09-08 19:45:24] <Krydderi> Jakey opens the pantry
[2018-09-08 19:47:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> Inside the pantry there's another statue. It's a young woman, huddled at the bottom of the pantry beneath the shelves with her knees pulled up and her head ducked down and away from the door. The color's been drained from her, her back is to you, and it looks like she's holding something against her chest.
[2018-09-08 19:49:51] <Krydderi> Jakey shines the light of his CMI on the woman, trying to peer over and see what she could be holding. He tries his best not to look at her face and not to touch her.
[2018-09-08 19:51:09] <Soulonphone> Avery searches the source for an explaination.
[2018-09-08 19:52:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> She's pressed against the wall. It would take a perception check, a close look, to see what she's holding in her arms. Since angles are physics related, Avery you can roll a science or a logic to analyze the source of the black and white cone spread.
[2018-09-08 19:52:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> What's Nate doing at this time?
[2018-09-08 19:52:51] <Soulonphone> 4df+8 science
[2018-09-08 19:52:52] <Glacon> soulonphone: science: 7 (4df+8=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 19:53:04] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Perception
[2018-09-08 19:53:06] <Glacon> Krydderi: Perception: 6 (4df+4=3+, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 19:53:09] <Sax> Nathan is still outside the home, keeping watch on the house from a treeline.
[2018-09-08 19:54:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> Got it. Avery, the cone isn't a perfect geometric shape. That is, the source is not technically the point on the floor where the cone is smallest: but rather at a point above that point. Jakey, there's a baby in the woman's arms. And it's still moving
[2018-09-08 19:54:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> *the source /was/ not (sorry typo)
[2018-09-08 19:55:11] <Krydderi> «Command. Barrett speaking.» Tick.
[2018-09-08 19:56:18] <Veiedhimaedhr> «This is command.»
[2018-09-08 19:57:10] <Soulonphone> Avery looks up. Hm.
[2018-09-08 19:58:17] <Krydderi> «We've foung a survivor. An infant. The woman holding him is curled up and frozen, but the infant is still moving.»
[2018-09-08 19:59:07] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Holy shit, we got a live one? What's its status?»
[2018-09-08 20:00:10] <Soulonphone> “The infant cannot relay how severely prolonged contact with a contaminant has affected it… but we can use bodies but not objects as shields.”
[2018-09-08 20:00:45] <Krydderi> Can Jakey determine its status or does he need a Perc/Med check?
[2018-09-08 20:01:52] <Veiedhimaedhr> Either works. But both involve getting close to the baby and, by extension, the mother.
[2018-09-08 20:03:06] <Soulonphone> Avery licks his teeth. “This means we should change our formation.” He circles back to find Nathan.
[2018-09-08 20:03:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> Does that mean Avery leaves the house? Because Nate's outside looking in
[2018-09-08 20:03:52] <Krydderi> «I have to get close to observe. One moment.»
[2018-09-08 20:04:16] <Soulonphone> Avery leaves the house to inform Nathan.
[2018-09-08 20:04:20] <Krydderi> 4df+6 Medical Check
[2018-09-08 20:04:21] <Glacon> Krydderi: Medical Check: 7 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 20:05:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> You lean around the woman and inspect the baby. It's definitely still moving. But it's wrong. The color has been drained from the infant, and it is crying. But no sounds are escaping it, and it can't move because the mother's frozen hold.
[2018-09-08 20:05:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, roll antipsy Jakey
[2018-09-08 20:06:18] <Krydderi> 4df+6 [Internal Screaming set to Midnight Sonata]
[2018-09-08 20:06:19] <Glacon> Krydderi: [Internal Screaming set to Midnight Sonata]: 8 (4df+6=4-, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 20:06:25] <Krydderi> :D
[2018-09-08 20:06:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 the hazard
[2018-09-08 20:06:34] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the hazard: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 20:06:49] <Soulonphone> One he finds Nathan, he discusses. “It is possible human bodies lessen the effect of any conal assault where no physical barrier applies.”
[2018-09-08 20:07:05] <Soulonphone> “Therefore I should remain behind someone as we explore.”
[2018-09-08 20:07:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> You feel the millipede crawl through your brain again, but it fades quickly. Now, on top of the Beethoven in your head you hear….the sound of a steam train chugging along in the distance
[2018-09-08 20:09:02] <Sax> "Are you recommending a human shield?"
[2018-09-08 20:09:16] <Sax> Nathan looks at Avery like he just committed a genocide.
[2018-09-08 20:09:24] <Krydderi> Tick tick tick… «The infant is colorless. It's moving and crying, but no sounds are being made.»
[2018-09-08 20:09:28] <Krydderi> «Also, it seems as though any form of contact with the anomaly has a nasty effect. Midnight Sonata and a steam train do not sound pleasant, but I can heard them both.»
[2018-09-08 20:10:26] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Midnight Sonata and a train? It's Schubert and whispers for me over here. One of the first responders over here is getting evacced. 5 songs at the same time.»
[2018-09-08 20:10:52] <Soulonphone> “If we are prioritizing non-infected above infected, yes.”
[2018-09-08 20:11:05] <Sax> "Do objects work?"
[2018-09-08 20:11:17] <Soulonphone> “It does not appear objects work.”
[2018-09-08 20:11:25] <Sax> "… human shields are a no-go."
[2018-09-08 20:11:42] <Sax> "you are effectively asking your colleagues to stand and take bullets for you."
[2018-09-08 20:11:46] <Soulonphone> “We found a woman behind a cupboard door holding a soundless baby.”
[2018-09-08 20:11:48] <Sax> "In return for what?"
[2018-09-08 20:11:52] <Krydderi> «I cannot advise retrieval of the infant at this time. Cruel as it may be, I believe it is beyond saving.»
[2018-09-08 20:12:02] <Soulonphone> “In return for the mission.”
[2018-09-08 20:12:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> «We'll figure something out. In the meantime……standby we might have something over here.»
[2018-09-08 20:12:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> The radio cuts
[2018-09-08 20:12:36] <Soulonphone> He blinks, slowly. “If you all die, there needs to be someone capable of-“ he pauses.
[2018-09-08 20:12:42] <Sax> "No."
[2018-09-08 20:12:45] <Soulonphone> He looks at the radio. “We go.”
[2018-09-08 20:12:47] <Sax> "We ain't dying here."
[2018-09-08 20:13:08] ⇐ snoozlebee quit (eiD.oT.liaF.I.efiL.yM.ek|TuoY#eiD.oT.liaF.I.efiL.yM.ek|TuoY): Quit: Connection closed for inactivity
[2018-09-08 20:13:23] <Soulonphone> He turns and radios. «Jakey. We must find them.»
[2018-09-08 20:13:30] <Soulonphone> «we should go.»
[2018-09-08 20:14:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> Lightning flashes. Avery, you suddenly get the overwhelming sensation that someone is staring at you. Roll Perception
[2018-09-08 20:14:42] <Krydderi> Jakey exit the building and steps over to Nathan and Avery. "Command requested standby." He shakes his head. "Then it cut out."
[2018-09-08 20:15:07] <Sax|Cloud> "I heard it."
[2018-09-08 20:15:12] <Sax|Cloud> "As for the baby?"
[2018-09-08 20:15:51] <Soulonphone> 4df+2 no perc
[2018-09-08 20:15:52] <Glacon> soulonphone: no perc: 4 (4df+2=4-, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 20:15:58] <Krydderi> "Beyond saving, in my opinion. We shouldn't risk it either way."
[2018-09-08 20:16:43] <Soulonphone> Avery has gone deathly silent. Nathan who is closest to him may note he has stopped breathing.
[2018-09-08 20:16:51] <Sax|Cloud> "…"
[2018-09-08 20:17:03] <Sax|Cloud> He grabs Avery and hits the dirt
[2018-09-08 20:17:12] <Sax|Cloud> "DOWN NOW!"
[2018-09-08 20:17:23] <Krydderi> Jakey drops down.
[2018-09-08 20:18:06] <Soulonphone> Avery hits the dirt.
[2018-09-08 20:18:08] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, you turn around as the other two are talking and see a hulking, towering humanoid figure looming over you. It's standing right between Nate and and Jakey, and there's a blinding light where it's head should be. All vision goes black and white, and the lightning flash ends. And the figure is gone
[2018-09-08 20:18:56] <Soulonphone> Avery’s eyes are wide as saucers. Was the figure turned to him, or his team?
[2018-09-08 20:19:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> It was staring only at you Avery. The other two were practically talking through it
[2018-09-08 20:19:55] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's gone now. And color returns to your vision
[2018-09-08 20:20:07] <Soulonphone> Avery is quiet and waits for Nate to let them up.
[2018-09-08 20:20:15] <Sax|Cloud> Nathan slowly gets up, and dusts off
[2018-09-08 20:20:24] <Sax|Cloud> "What did you see, Solace."
[2018-09-08 20:21:06] <Soulonphone> “By your question, you did not see it. It came with the lightning. A towering figure with a face of blinding light. Between you and Jakey. It saw me. It knows we are here.”
[2018-09-08 20:21:27] <Sax|Cloud> "Hostile intent?"
[2018-09-08 20:22:11] <Krydderi> "Blindi- The anomaly." Jakey looks to Nate and Avery. "That's what they claomed the apparition looked like. That must be it."
[2018-09-08 20:22:47] <Krydderi> "They said they had something and then- Oh Eris it must have gotten to Command.."
[2018-09-08 20:23:14] <Sax|Cloud> «Command, Audley here.»
[2018-09-08 20:23:50] <Soulonphone> “It came. With the lightning.”
[2018-09-08 20:23:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nothing at first. Then, «This is command. We had you on standby what's going on?»
[2018-09-08 20:24:19] <Sax|Cloud> «Had an encounter with the anomaly.»
[2018-09-08 20:24:33] <Sax|Cloud> «Lightning's the key.»
[2018-09-08 20:25:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> «Welcome to party. Cancel your route. Get to the museum…we have security camera footage.»
[2018-09-08 20:26:14] <Sax> «Audley rogers all, falling back.»
[2018-09-08 20:27:03] <Soulonphone> Avery is up. He gets ready to go, but he is very cautiously behind Jakey.
[2018-09-08 20:27:17] <Sax> "One moment."
[2018-09-08 20:27:29] <Sax> Nathan goes into the house, and locates the baby from a safe angle.
[2018-09-08 20:28:06] <Krydderi> Jakey follows from a distance.
[2018-09-08 20:28:14] <Krydderi> Doesn't interfere.
[2018-09-08 20:28:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> The mother is purposefully pressed up against the wall so that the baby can't really be seen from a particularly safe angle. You'd have to get close to look around her.
[2018-09-08 20:28:51] <Sax> "No safe way to recover."
[2018-09-08 20:28:58] <Sax> "It is cruel to leave an infant to starve."
[2018-09-08 20:29:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Is Nate gonna pop this infant?)
[2018-09-08 20:29:58] <Sax> He is debating.
[2018-09-08 20:30:10] <Sax> And given the difficulty, he knows he's going to have to use Veronica and drill the mother to do so.
[2018-09-08 20:30:18] <Soulonphone> Avery goes back.
[2018-09-08 20:30:27] <Soulonphone> “It May be possible to undo the process.”
[2018-09-08 20:30:35] <Sax> "How long is may?"
[2018-09-08 20:31:22] <Krydderi> "We shouldn't be basing our actions on a maybe."
[2018-09-08 20:31:29] <Soulonphone> “If we cannot find a way to reverse it before we return to HQ, we should circle back and kill the baby.”
[2018-09-08 20:31:59] <Sax> Nathan considers… then leaves the building.
[2018-09-08 20:32:05] <Sax> "Mark this one down for possible survivor."
[2018-09-08 20:32:10] <Sax> "Let's move and regroup."
[2018-09-08 20:32:27] <Soulonphone> “Yes.”
[2018-09-08 20:32:29] <Krydderi> "Command is already aware. We were told to go to the museum."
[2018-09-08 20:32:40] <Sax> "Let's move."
[2018-09-08 20:32:51] <Sax> Nathan takes point, and leads with Veronica, using his scope to see far out ahead of him.
[2018-09-08 20:33:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> The rain continues to fall and pour. Nate you continue to hear whispers. Jakey, you continue to hear Midnight Sonata and steam engine sounds. And Avery, lightning continues to flash but the entity doesn't appear again. You make your way to the museum
[2018-09-08 20:33:30] <Sax> Nathan holds short on the museum, and scouts out with Veronica.
[2018-09-08 20:33:33] <Soulonphone> Avery ducks behind Jakey, tending at every lightning flash.
[2018-09-08 20:33:43] <Soulonphone> Tensing*
[2018-09-08 20:34:32] <Veiedhimaedhr> You arrive at the local museum. Through the bursts of light you can make out the name : "Brakerman's Rest: Caliburn Express Museum." Foundation personnel are standing guard by the doors, nervous and just as tense with every flash of lightning. Some are idly humming classical music
[2018-09-08 20:34:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander is outside the doors, smoking and waiting for you
[2018-09-08 20:34:56] <Sax> Nathan leads the way, nodding to the commander.
[2018-09-08 20:35:06] <Krydderi> Jakey steps over to the commander, giving a small wave.
[2018-09-08 20:35:07] <Sax> "Looks like your luck was just as well as ours."
[2018-09-08 20:35:35] <Soulonphone> Avery does not look anyone in the eye.
[2018-09-08 20:37:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander doesn't seem to hear you at first and just hums Schubert for a bit. He blinks and sees you, "What? Oh that's right. Luck…well our lucks about to get better. I think what's in here will be enough to get us out of here. Mind the new entrance exhibit, it's a little bit early for halloween." he dryly laughs, not chuckles, and walks inside
[2018-09-08 20:37:33] <Sax> Nathan follows cautiously.
[2018-09-08 20:37:42] <Krydderi> Jakey follows behind Nathan.
[2018-09-08 20:37:51] <Soulonphone> Avery follows, footsteps unbearably light.
[2018-09-08 20:39:00] <Krydderi> Jakey is erratically ticking at this point, typing on his CMI about the sounds.
[2018-09-08 20:39:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> Inside the museum, you are greeted to the museum's security guard. A portly man, he's floating in the air, feet several inches off the ground, and his hands around unseen 'things' around his neck. He is frozen in black and white. Conical streaks are everywhere, and there are multiple tourists and visitors frozen in place all over the small museum
[2018-09-08 20:39:52] <Sax> Nathan keeps his gaze to the floor.
[2018-09-08 20:41:26] <Soulonphone> Avery looks at sources. “What we met did not attack us. Something else must have happened…”
[2018-09-08 20:41:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> In addition to the grisly, black and white scenery. There are the other parts of the museum. Mostly small train related artifacts, some rail sections on display. But dominating the main room is a giant steam locomotive. It looks heavily damaged in some way, and there's a plaque in front of the red rope surrounding it
[2018-09-08 20:42:05] <Krydderi> Jakey murmurs something and keeps his head low.
[2018-09-08 20:43:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander stomps out his cigarette, "Whatever this thing is, it seems to have taken a break from freezing people and now just scares people. Hey, taken a break? Brakerman's Rest? I'm hilarious." he llghts another cigarette with trembling hands
[2018-09-08 20:46:00] <Sax> "…"
[2018-09-08 20:46:20] <Sax> Nathan inspects the locomotive's plaque.
[2018-09-08 20:46:23] <Soulonphone> “The footage you mentioned.”
[2018-09-08 20:47:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nathan you can read the plaque if you want. An engineering, Science or Perception check will work on the locomotive to inspect the damage
[2018-09-08 20:47:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> The plaque reads: "“The engine displayed was intended to serve as the front of a luxury railway extending alongside the British west coast. However, faults in the gas lighting system doomed the Caliburn Express to disaster on its first voyage in 1835.”
[2018-09-08 20:48:16] <Sax> 4df+5 Baseline perception
[2018-09-08 20:48:17] <Glacon> Sax: Baseline perception: 8 (4df+5=3+, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 20:49:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate, while the Engine has suffered extreme fire damage, there's no gas-lamp system in existence that could generate the heat or inferno needed to warp the metal and machinery in this way. Especially since the gas lamps for old trains are in the passenger cars, not the steam engine itself
[2018-09-08 20:49:37] <Soulless> 4df+8 phd in anomalies science
[2018-09-08 20:49:38] <Glacon> Soulless: phd in anomalies science: 11 (4df+8=3+, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 20:49:56] <Krydderi> 4df+6 Engineering is fun
[2018-09-08 20:49:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> the commander blinks at Avery, "Hm? Oh that's right. There's a security camera in this room, we haven't seen the footage yet but we're hoping you can be with us when we do."
[2018-09-08 20:49:58] <Glacon> Krydderi: Engineering is fun: 8 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 20:50:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery and Jakey are you both inspecting the train engine?
[2018-09-08 20:50:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> (also may I just say, Glacon has just been an absolute pleasure tonight)
[2018-09-08 20:50:41] <Krydderi> Jakey is!
[2018-09-08 20:50:52] <Krydderi> (Don't jinx it!)
[2018-09-08 20:51:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, you didn't read the plaque but you get the same impression. It must've been a colossal fire that put this engine in the state it's in now
[2018-09-08 20:52:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you inspecting the engine too?
[2018-09-08 20:52:18] <Sax> Nathan's inspecting the entire locomotive.
[2018-09-08 20:52:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> So it's only the engine on display here. There are no passenger cars or things like that. The fire damage is pretty consistent
[2018-09-08 20:54:15] <Soulless> Avery is indeed inspectin.
[2018-09-08 20:54:27] <Sax> Indication of explosion?
[2018-09-08 20:55:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> All righty. Avery, you see the same extreme fire damage. But here's the interesting thing. The fire damage isn't….right. The metal seems to be warping upwards, as though the fire that consumed it was burning /above/ the train.
[2018-09-08 20:55:26] <Veiedhimaedhr> Sax: no explosion marks. Just a raging inferno
[2018-09-08 20:55:46] <Sax> "This isn't right."
[2018-09-08 20:56:01] <Sax> "Most locomotive failures of this time era tend to result in steam explosions."
[2018-09-08 20:56:59] <Krydderi> "…and this was no steam explosion. This was a massive fucking inferno."
[2018-09-08 20:57:39] <Soulless> Avery speaks, softly. "The fire started from above."
[2018-09-08 20:57:48] <Soulless> "…The lightning…?"
[2018-09-08 20:58:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df The commander looks at the train with you.
[2018-09-08 20:58:13] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The commander looks at the train with you.: -1 (4df=4-, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 20:58:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> "What are you three talking about?"
[2018-09-08 20:59:09] <Sax> "Damage to the engine."
[2018-09-08 20:59:19] <Sax> "Inconsistent with most engine failure modes of the time."
[2018-09-08 20:59:21] <Soulless> "Do we have security footage?"
[2018-09-08 21:00:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> "It's a train. The train engine isn't going around freezing people, let's go to the surveillance room, eh?" He leaves and gestures for you to follow
[2018-09-08 21:01:17] <Sax> "Solace, go to surveillance and take a look."
[2018-09-08 21:01:44] <Soulless> He heads over to the security area and looks for footage.
[2018-09-08 21:01:54] <Soulless> *He follow Jakey.
[2018-09-08 21:02:31] <Veiedhimaedhr> If you folks aren't sticking together, I need the surveillance room peeps to head over to HI2 for some fun times
[2018-09-08 21:02:45] <Sax> Nathan stays at the locomotive within the main hall.
[2018-09-08 21:02:49] <Sax> And continues to inspect it.
[2018-09-08 21:02:53] <Krydderi> Jakey heads to see the footage.
[2018-09-08 21:02:59] <Sax> Would he have also taken a look at the metal damage?
[2018-09-08 21:04:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> He would also have seen the metal damage. But noticed only the intensity of the heat, not the indications as to the heat's source
[2018-09-08 21:05:14] <Sax> Metal can tell a lot of the heat source depending on how it strains and fails.
[2018-09-08 21:06:15] <Sax> (going afk for a bit, taking a much-needed shower)
[2018-09-08 21:10:18] * Sax → Sax|Shower
[2018-09-08 21:30:10] ⇐ TeslaTornado quit (~enirgerep.latigid|enirgereP#enirgerep.latigid|enirgereP): Ping timeout: 183 seconds
[2018-09-08 21:39:16] <Sax|Shower> (Back)
[2018-09-08 21:39:19] * Sax|Shower → Sax
[2018-09-08 21:41:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> The metal damage is consistent with what Avery noticed earlier. The metal warped downwards, as though the fire were above it.
[2018-09-08 21:41:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> (welcome bak)
[2018-09-08 21:41:55] <Sax> Nathan notes this, making some notes and basic calculations.
[2018-09-08 21:42:05] <Sax> Definitely not a typical failure mode.
[2018-09-08 21:42:52] <Sax> He moves to examine the conductor's compartment.
[2018-09-08 21:43:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> Oooo
[2018-09-08 21:43:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll perception
[2018-09-08 21:43:37] <Sax> 4df+5 Baseline perception
[2018-09-08 21:43:38] <Glacon> Sax: Baseline perception: 6 (4df+5=0, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 21:44:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> The conductor's compartment looks burnt to shit. Any glance will reveal that. But by the power of 6 perception points, Nate looks up at the compartment ceiling and notices…a shape against the warped metal
[2018-09-08 21:44:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> The shape of a human body
[2018-09-08 21:45:13] <Sax> He notes this.
[2018-09-08 21:45:24] <Veiedhimaedhr> (that didn't get phrase right. It's the imprint of a human body there's not one actually in the metal)
[2018-09-08 21:45:34] <Sax> ~So the conductor burned with the train?~
[2018-09-08 21:45:42] <Sax> ~Or did something stranger happen?~
[2018-09-08 21:45:48] <Sax> He sketches this out and notes it in his FMP.
[2018-09-08 21:47:32] <Sax> He looks at the remnants of the control levers and panel.
[2018-09-08 21:48:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> They're locked in whatever passes for full speed in ye olden days
[2018-09-08 21:48:28] <Sax> "So this conflagration started at full speed… but did not result in a boiler explosion."
[2018-09-08 21:48:41] <Sax> "Whatever started the conflagration started on top of the locomotive."
[2018-09-08 21:49:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> By the way, roll a quick Anti-Psy would you?
[2018-09-08 21:49:45] <Sax> 4df+5
[2018-09-08 21:49:46] <Glacon> Sax: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 21:50:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 the hazard
[2018-09-08 21:50:28] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the hazard: 5 (4df+5=4-, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 21:51:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate you feel a sensation, like multiple worms suddenly crawling out of your brain and pressing against the interior of your skull. But the pressure is weak and it fades. But now the whispers are louder, and are full on chants in Latin. Multiple voices
[2018-09-08 21:51:52] <Sax> He stops.
[2018-09-08 21:51:55] <Sax> "Oh boy…"
[2018-09-08 21:59:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> For flavor, roll one History to see how much of this chant you can recognize if presented with later
[2018-09-08 22:00:24] <Sax> 4df+1 Trololololol
[2018-09-08 22:00:25] <Glacon> Sax: Trololololol: 1 (4df+1=4-, 3+, 0, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:00:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> 10% of the latin noises are now stored in your memory banks
[2018-09-08 22:01:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now, you're in the museum lobby. Roll a perception now
[2018-09-08 22:01:27] <Sax> 4df+5 Baseline perception
[2018-09-08 22:01:28] <Glacon> Sax: Baseline perception: 4 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:01:47] * Workocoa → Cocoa
[2018-09-08 22:02:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> Where are you in relation to the steam engine?
[2018-09-08 22:03:57] <Sax> In the conductor's compartment.
[2018-09-08 22:04:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> Well, the burn damage in the conductors compartment seems to be….undoing itself. The metal is unwarping, and you begin to hear wheels start to turn.


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 21:03:32] <Soulless> Avery follows Jakey into hi2.
[2018-09-08 21:04:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> The surveillance room is remarkably advanced considering it's in a countryside village. A containment team tech is already at the monitor, waiting for you all
[2018-09-08 21:05:13] <Krydderi> "Ok. Let's get this over with."
[2018-09-08 21:05:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander nods and the tech turns towards the screen, "All right let's scroll back the footage."
[2018-09-08 21:06:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> Buttons are pressed and the tape begins to rapidly rewind
[2018-09-08 21:07:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> All the way to afternoon
[2018-09-08 21:07:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tape is paused and the screen shows a still. The visitors examining the exhibits, the security guard reading the paper at his desk. It looks quite normal at this point.
[2018-09-08 21:08:52] <Krydderi> "Here's hoping this doesn't turn us into film noir stills…"
[2018-09-08 21:10:16] <Soulless> Avery watches, utterly quiet.
[2018-09-08 21:10:18] * Sax → Sax|Shower
[2018-09-08 21:10:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> (pause until Sax comes back or watch the surveillance footage?)
[2018-09-08 21:10:37] <Sax|Shower> (I'll just catch up on backlog)
[2018-09-08 21:10:40] <Sax|Shower> (Don't mind me)
[2018-09-08 21:11:07] <Krydderi> (Let's watch some security tapes!)
[2018-09-08 21:12:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> (all right. let's watch the thing)
[2018-09-08 21:12:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tech cautiously resumes the footage. And you all begin to watch the museum go about it's normal day
[2018-09-08 21:12:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> For no particular reason, how close are you two to the screen?
[2018-09-08 21:13:44] <Krydderi> Jakey is leaning against the far wall, hoping no one hears his erratic ticking.
[2018-09-08 21:13:52] <Soulless> Avery is very close.
[2018-09-08 21:13:54] <Soulless> Leaning in.
[2018-09-08 21:14:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> All righty then.
[2018-09-08 21:14:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> The footage continues
[2018-09-08 21:15:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> And then, all of a sudden, as though frames of transition were cut out, the entity appears in the Museum lobby.
[2018-09-08 21:15:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tech jumps forward and hits pause, "holy shit, he mutters."
[2018-09-08 21:16:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll Perception to analyze the entity. Avery, you can get a +2 to that roll since you saw it already.
[2018-09-08 21:17:02] <Krydderi> 4df+4 ~Did he seriously..?~
[2018-09-08 21:17:30] <Krydderi> (Glacon isn't here)
[2018-09-08 21:17:43] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Glacon nooo)
[2018-09-08 21:17:48] <Soulless> 4df+4 perc
[2018-09-08 21:17:56] → Glacon joined (~ten.ztilbsohpos|nocalg#ten.ztilbsohpos|nocalg)
[2018-09-08 21:17:58] <Soulless> 4df+4 perc
[2018-09-08 21:17:58] <Glacon> Soulless: perc: 2 (4df+4=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 21:18:22] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Taking it from the top…
[2018-09-08 21:18:23] <Glacon> Krydderi: Taking it from the top…: 5 (4df+4=0, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 21:21:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey and Avery, you both see the entity for all that it is. It's back as to the camera. It stands at 7 foot 9 in a giant, tattered dark greatcoat. It's arms are long, but it's head is not a bright light. It's head, is one of these https://www.iels.org/assets/19/A09994_l.1.jpg_resized_380_.jpeg
[2018-09-08 21:21:39] <Soulless> "…Makes more sense.."
[2018-09-08 21:21:43] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, by the power of 3 extra perception points, you notice that the tatters on its coat are not tears, but burns
[2018-09-08 21:23:25] <Krydderi> "…Something tells me our friend here had something to do with the train, too. I'm not saying it's the burns on his coat but it's definitely the burns on his coat." He ticks.
[2018-09-08 21:23:51] <Soulless> "A camera."
[2018-09-08 21:24:09] <Soulless> "Keep the tape going."
[2018-09-08 21:24:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tech looks to the commander, who nods, and he hesitantly resumes the tape
[2018-09-08 21:25:55] <Veiedhimaedhr> Almost as soon as the tape starts the entity instantly appears in front of the security guard, wraps its hands around his throat and lifts him into the air. There's a flash, and you all see the coloration change, outwards from the camera-head. The security guard freezes in place, in the air
[2018-09-08 21:27:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> Immediately, in the next frame, camera-head is in the back of the museum and tourists at the back are frozen in place. The next frame, camera-head is back at the front of the museum and another batch of civilians are frozen in place. In less than 10 frames, the entire museum's populace is frozen. The Tech pauses the tape again just as the last batch get's the
[2018-09-08 21:27:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> statue makeover
[2018-09-08 21:27:43] <Soulless> "But it did not do it to us."
[2018-09-08 21:28:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tech turns away from the screen, "It wasn't raining at that time, and no lightning flashes that much that quickly."
[2018-09-08 21:29:32] <Krydderi> Tick tick tick… "Fire and light- maybe the rain keeps it from functioning properly.."
[2018-09-08 21:31:18] <Soulless> "I wonder why tuching these entities spread… what spreads… But that means, in this moment, we have a chance to capture it."
[2018-09-08 21:31:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander comes forward, "This is getting out of hand. I'm more confused now than before I called you specialists in. We have to get out of here, while some of us still have quiet heads to enjoy. Jameson," he nods to the tech, "see what you can do about making a copy of that tape."
[2018-09-08 21:34:12] <Soulless> "We have a chance to contain it."
[2018-09-08 21:34:52] <Krydderi> "Everything is confusing because we have metaphorical puzzle pieces and no picture on the damn bo- Avery. It appears and vanishes before we can interact. How are we supposed to contain it as we are now?"
[2018-09-08 21:35:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander chews on his lip and gestures, "Can I talk to the two of you over here for a moment?" he moves away from the monitor and to the corner of the room
[2018-09-08 21:35:47] <Krydderi> Jakey simply nods and follows the Commander.
[2018-09-08 21:35:58] <Soulless> He follows.
[2018-09-08 21:36:03] <Krydderi> Tick tick tick…
[2018-09-08 21:37:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> The commander's voice is low, "The woman, the one who first tipped us off about this place. She just got frozen in place in her holding cell. No color left in her either."
[2018-09-08 21:38:19] <Krydderi> Jakey looks to Avery, then to the commander. "Has anyone been frozen who isn't from this particular town?"
[2018-09-08 21:38:33] <Soulless> "…did anyone see anything?"
[2018-09-08 21:38:35] <Krydderi> Plain question, no sass.
[2018-09-08 21:39:19] * Sax|Shower → Sax
[2018-09-08 21:40:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> "No." to Jakey's question, "so far the relative who came to visit is the only outsider to receive this treatment." To Avery, "Yes, actually. There was a camera in the cell. She just stopped moving out of nowhere. Medics came in just as the color drained out of her feet. Rest of the room still has color. That /thing/ never appeared."
[2018-09-08 21:42:18] <Soulless> "What did the camera capture?"
[2018-09-08 21:42:28] <Krydderi> "The rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper, doesn't it." Jakey shakes his head, murmuring.
[2018-09-08 21:43:08] <Veiedhimaedhr> "Just that. She was moving one moment, then she wasn't. Point is, all she did do was /be/ in this town for a moment. Do you know how long all of us have been standing in this hot zone?" He looks really tense
[2018-09-08 21:43:32] <Soulless> Avery chews his index finger.
[2018-09-08 21:45:15] <Krydderi> Tick tick tick… "I've never hated Moonlight Sonata more than I do right now… I want to say 'we all need to fucking bail' but- would it do any good? Honestly? Doubt it."
[2018-09-08 21:46:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> "I agree. We get out with that tape, let the eggheads analyze it, while we all enjoy some nice decontamination protocols. Jameson, how's that tape going?!"
[2018-09-08 21:46:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> The tech says nothing. Roll Perception please
[2018-09-08 21:47:09] <Krydderi> 4df+4 [Internal screaming]
[2018-09-08 21:47:10] <Glacon> Krydderi: [Internal screaming]: 6 (4df+4=3+, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 21:49:10] <Soulless> 4df+2 no perc
[2018-09-08 21:49:11] <Glacon> Soulless: no perc: 4 (4df+2=3+, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 21:50:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> All 3 of you turn towards the tech, whose sitting at the monitor. Not moving. Jakey, you notice the color slowly draining out him. Not fading away, but quite literally draining down his body and through the floor beneath his feet
[2018-09-08 21:53:23] <Krydderi> "Guys. Our tech friend is draining of color so I think we should probably radio in the situation, pick a God, and get praying. Pagan Goddesses are applicable just we need to fucking GO." Jakey says very calmly, at first. He says the last bit through gritted teeth.
[2018-09-08 21:54:04] <Soulless> Avery attempts to see if it's draining to somewhere in particular.
[2018-09-08 21:54:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> Oh yeah, you also notice something else. Both of you. On the screen, camera-head has turned around and its head is pressed up against the screen
[2018-09-08 21:55:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery the color isn't draining on to the floor like a puddle. It's just going through the floor
[2018-09-08 21:55:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, both of you do me a lovely and roll antipsy
[2018-09-08 21:55:31] <Soulless> 4df+8 burned through
[2018-09-08 21:55:32] <Glacon> Soulless: burned through: 7 (4df+8=3+, 4-, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 21:55:41] <Krydderi> 4df+6 Tick…
[2018-09-08 21:55:42] <Glacon> Krydderi: Tick…: 6 (4df+6=0, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 21:55:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 The Anchor
[2018-09-08 21:55:59] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Anchor: 3 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 21:57:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> The screen flashes and both of you feel an intense amount of pressure beneath your skulls, like pieces of your brain writhing in your skulls. The sensation fades. On top of anything you may or may not be hearing at the moment, add chanting latin on top
[2018-09-08 21:57:39] <Soulless> "Hello."
[2018-09-08 21:57:48] <Soulless> "I wish to communicate, if possible."
[2018-09-08 21:58:09] <Veiedhimaedhr> Do any of you have latin written on your PC sheets?
[2018-09-08 21:58:19] <Soulless> Avery does not!
[2018-09-08 21:58:40] <Krydderi> Jakey continues ticking erratically, his hand twitching and his head sorta leaning to the side.
[2018-09-08 21:58:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, the multiple voices chanting Latin seem to playing on loop. You may not understand it but the same sounds are repeating.
[2018-09-08 21:58:52] <Krydderi> Jakey does not know latin.
[2018-09-08 21:59:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> For flavor, roll one History to see how much of this chant you can recognize if presented with later
[2018-09-08 22:01:07] <Krydderi> (Like 4df+1 or our actual # in history I wanna be sure lol)
[2018-09-08 22:01:17] <Soulless> 4df+2 history
[2018-09-08 22:01:18] <Glacon> Soulless: history: 5 (4df+2=3+, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:01:45] <Krydderi> 4df+3 Tick tock…
[2018-09-08 22:01:46] <Glacon> Krydderi: Tick tock…: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:01:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Let's do the 4df since everyone else is doing it)
[2018-09-08 22:02:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you now will remember 50% of this chant, even if you dont understand it
[2018-09-08 22:02:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, 40% for you
[2018-09-08 22:02:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> Think of it like remembering a tune, not like something got injected into your heads
[2018-09-08 22:03:05] <Soulless> Avery notes what he can down.
[2018-09-08 22:03:24] <Veiedhimaedhr> Behind you both, the commander collapses to his knees and then falls face first on to the floor that is quickly being deprived of color
[2018-09-08 22:03:33] <Soulless> Avery watches the commander die.
[2018-09-08 22:03:42] <Soulless> Then he says, "You do not need to do this to them."
[2018-09-08 22:04:01] <Krydderi> Jakey grabs Avery and runs
[2018-09-08 22:04:18] <Krydderi> Doesn't say anything, just grabs him and bolts from the room.
[2018-09-08 22:04:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> You enter the lobby. Return to HI
[2018-09-08 22:05:28] <Soulless> Avery follows.


HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 22:06:02] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery and Jakey, roll Perception as soon as you arrive
[2018-09-08 22:06:24] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Tick.
[2018-09-08 22:06:26] <Glacon> Krydderi: Tick.: 4 (4df+4=3+, 0, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 22:07:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, the color's being ripped out of this room at an alarming pace. And the train that Nate's standing in? The fire damage is quickly undoing itself, and the wheels are beginning to spin
[2018-09-08 22:09:17] <Sax> Nathan quickly realizes that hopping off a moving train may result in ending up under the train.
[2018-09-08 22:09:24] <Sax> He takes a seat in the conductor's seat!
[2018-09-08 22:09:29] <Krydderi> In perhaps the loudest and most angry voice he can muster, Jakey declares the following: "If you don't intend to answer the age old debate about Heaven, We need to fucking GO AND GO NOW!"
[2018-09-08 22:09:30] <Sax> "TIME TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A TRAIN BABY!"
[2018-09-08 22:09:55] <Krydderi> "NATHAN DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN I SWEAR-"
[2018-09-08 22:10:09] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train's not moving it's just driving in place almost. It's still within the confines of the plaque and the red rope
[2018-09-08 22:10:22] <Sax> Redact that, I thought the train was moving forward.
[2018-09-08 22:10:24] <Sax> Nathan hops off.
[2018-09-08 22:10:27] <Sax> "Bad shit? Bad shit."
[2018-09-08 22:10:30] <Sax> "Let's go!"
[2018-09-08 22:10:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you got a Perc role you want to try?
[2018-09-08 22:10:46] <Sax> "What happened to everyone else?"
[2018-09-08 22:11:07] <Krydderi> "Drained of color. Dead. Let's run."
[2018-09-08 22:12:09] <Sax> "Running!"
[2018-09-08 22:12:16] <Sax> He slings Veronica over his shoulder, and gets moving!
[2018-09-08 22:12:22] <Sax> He gets on the horn while running.
[2018-09-08 22:12:34] <Soulless> 4df+2 perc!
[2018-09-08 22:12:34] <Glacon> Soulless: perc!: -1 (4df+2=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 22:12:38] <Soulless> lol
[2018-09-08 22:12:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery the train looks better than it did when you walked in
[2018-09-08 22:12:55] <Veiedhimaedhr> Before any of you can run out
[2018-09-08 22:13:00] <Sax> «All units, all unit, this is Audley. Command has been wiped out - anyone listening on this frequency is to evacuate the cordon immediately!»
[2018-09-08 22:13:20] <Sax> «I say again, all units listening on this frequency, evacuate the cordon immediately!»
[2018-09-08 22:14:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train's lamp repairs itself and it's whistle blows. It sounds normal, then it reverberates, growing deeper, and deeper and deeper. And suddenly, the museum lobby has no color at all, and everything outside the glass doors to the museum is sucked into a pitch black abyss. The radios are dead
[2018-09-08 22:14:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> And then silence
[2018-09-08 22:14:29] <Soulless> Avery just follows, concerned.
[2018-09-08 22:14:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll Perception again now that you are in a very different scene
[2018-09-08 22:14:55] <Sax> 4df+5 Baseline perception
[2018-09-08 22:14:56] <Glacon> Sax: Baseline perception: 3 (4df+5=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 22:15:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Uh oh, Glacon picked a good time to start being mean again)
[2018-09-08 22:15:59] <Krydderi> 4df+4 Jakey keep erratically ticking…
[2018-09-08 22:16:01] <Glacon> Krydderi: Jakey keep erratically ticking…: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:16:33] <Soulless> 4df+2 perc
[2018-09-08 22:16:34] <Glacon> Soulless: perc: 4 (4df+2=3+, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:17:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey and Nate, nothing has color anymore. But you can hear still, and the train behind you still has color.
[2018-09-08 22:17:26] <Sax> "Train!"
[2018-09-08 22:17:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, you notice that the plaque in front of the train looks…..strange
[2018-09-08 22:17:42] <Soulless> Avery goes to read the plaque.
[2018-09-08 22:17:55] <Veiedhimaedhr> It reads: “The casket of flesh displayed was intended God is the strength of murderers and agony the bequeathed birthright front of a luxury railway too rich and bloated like quails west coast. However, WRETCHED PACK doomed her sweet and undeserving too early first voyage unceasing.”
[2018-09-08 22:18:16] <Soulless> Avery reads this outloud.
[2018-09-08 22:18:33] <Sax> "… what the fuck does any of that mean."
[2018-09-08 22:19:01] <Krydderi> "Bad news." Jakey looks around for the way out because he's still set on bailing.
[2018-09-08 22:19:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> At the front of the lobby, the security guard that was hovering in mid-air falls to the ground with a reverberating thud. And begins to rise
[2018-09-08 22:20:37] <Sax> Nathan unslings Veronica and keeps the weapon pointed.
[2018-09-08 22:21:40] <Krydderi> Jakey pulls out his concealed carry, eyes trained on the guard.
[2018-09-08 22:22:20] <Soulless> 4df+6 Avery atgtempts to hide. (sneak)
[2018-09-08 22:22:21] <Glacon> Soulless: Avery atgtempts to hide. (sneak): 8 (4df+6=3+, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:23:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> The security guard turns around, his eyes are wide open but replaced with flashing lights. Like camera flashes going off repeatedly, and erratically. It draws a pistol and a combat knife. Strange weapons for a countryside guard, but real enough.
[2018-09-08 22:23:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 does the thrall spot Avery?
[2018-09-08 22:23:44] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: does the thrall spot Avery?: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:23:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you manage to duck behind an exhibit before it fully turns around
[2018-09-08 22:24:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll for initiative
[2018-09-08 22:24:29] <Sax> (What rolls again?)
[2018-09-08 22:24:32] <Krydderi> (Acro right?)
[2018-09-08 22:24:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> (lol I'm actually checking right now)
[2018-09-08 22:27:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> All right. Tie breaker between 3 Avery and 3 Nate goes in favor of Avery due to higher intelligence. Tie breaker between Jakey and the Thrall goes to coinflip.
[2018-09-08 22:27:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch T, J
[2018-09-08 22:27:04] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: J
[2018-09-08 22:27:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> Initiative order: Avery, Nate, Jakey, The Engine, The Thrall
[2018-09-08 22:28:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> For the record, I consider education rolls free moves so long as you can justify their use IC
[2018-09-08 22:29:35] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, you're up to bat. The Eye-flash thrall is slowly walking towards Nate and Jakey, and the Engine behind everyone is whistling incessently, and it's wheels are spinning, and steam is pouring from its chimmney
[2018-09-08 22:35:34] <Soulless> Avery sneaks to the train- is it being driven by anyone?
[2018-09-08 22:36:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nope. The levers aren't even moving; they're stuck in full-speed-ahead mode
[2018-09-08 22:36:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> The engine also isn't going to Perception check you
[2018-09-08 22:39:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate?
[2018-09-08 22:39:52] <Soulless> Avery sneaks up into the train and attempts to pull the lever into 'stop'.
[2018-09-08 22:39:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> (Oh woops sorry)
[2018-09-08 22:40:36] <Veiedhimaedhr> The lever doesn't move. Also, the train still doesn't take any actions. Avery roll Sneak to stay hidden now that you are technically within view of the Thrall via the conductor compartment window
[2018-09-08 22:40:57] <Soulless> 4df+6 sneaking
[2018-09-08 22:40:58] <Glacon> Soulless: sneaking: 6 (4df+6=4-, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:41:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 the eyes are blinding
[2018-09-08 22:41:18] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the eyes are blinding: 7 (4df+6=0, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 22:41:21] <Soulless> Shit
[2018-09-08 22:41:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall's eyes snap to you Avery but it continue steadily walking towards the team.
[2018-09-08 22:42:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> /now/ it's nate's turn
[2018-09-08 22:42:24] <Sax> Nate takes a kneel, shouldering Veronica, and begins to target the Thrall on its slow advance.
[2018-09-08 22:42:37] <Sax> 4df+6 The ting go SKKRAAAAAAAA
[2018-09-08 22:42:38] <Glacon> Sax: The ting go SKKRAAAAAAAA: 7 (4df+6=3+, 0, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:43:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 wretched advance
[2018-09-08 22:43:13] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: wretched advance: 4 (4df+5=4-, 4-, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:44:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll for damage plx
[2018-09-08 22:44:02] <Sax> 2d3
[2018-09-08 22:44:03] <Glacon> Sax: 5 (2d3=3, 2)
[2018-09-08 22:44:45] <Veiedhimaedhr> The bullet goes right through the Thrall's forehead. Flesh and bone erupts out the back of the former security guard's head but still it continues to walk forward, eyes flashing like cameras
[2018-09-08 22:45:04] → DSJ joined (~PI.CB0980C3.D308B0AD.A79B7A7B|31tahCdnA#PI.CB0980C3.D308B0AD.A79B7A7B|31tahCdnA)
[2018-09-08 22:45:04] * ChanServ set +o DSJ
[2018-09-08 22:45:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey you're up
[2018-09-08 22:47:00] <Krydderi> Jakey takes aim, attempting to shoot the damn thing in the knee because clearly it won't just die.
[2018-09-08 22:47:02] <Krydderi> 4df+3 (ranged+light bonus)
[2018-09-08 22:47:04] <Glacon> Krydderi: (ranged+light bonus): 4 (4df+3=3+, 0, 0, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:47:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 wretched advance
[2018-09-08 22:47:17] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: wretched advance: 6 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:47:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> The bullet goes clean through the the Thrall's knee, but it's stride isn't even broken
[2018-09-08 22:48:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> (In case it's important, Wretched advance is just spooky skary way to say resiliance)
[2018-09-08 22:48:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now it's the Engine's turn
[2018-09-08 22:49:00] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch 1,2
[2018-09-08 22:49:00] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 1
[2018-09-08 22:50:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train's whistle goes off again and reverberates throughout the lobby. The sounds wriggle into your ears and explode like dynamite.
[2018-09-08 22:50:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 The Hazard Unleased
[2018-09-08 22:50:29] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Hazard Unleased: 7 (4df+6=4-, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:50:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll antipsy please
[2018-09-08 22:50:45] <Soulless> Everyone?
[2018-09-08 22:50:56] <Soulless> 4df+8 antipsy rip everyone
[2018-09-08 22:50:57] <Glacon> Soulless: antipsy rip everyone: 9 (4df+8=4-, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:50:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> woops
[2018-09-08 22:51:02] <Sax> 4df+5 Oh Boy
[2018-09-08 22:51:02] <Glacon> Sax: Oh Boy: 6 (4df+5=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-08 22:51:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch A, J, N
[2018-09-08 22:51:05] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: J
[2018-09-08 22:51:08] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey roll
[2018-09-08 22:51:22] <Krydderi> 4df+6 Tick tock..
[2018-09-08 22:51:24] <Glacon> Krydderi: Tick tock..: 8 (4df+6=4-, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:51:34] <Soulless> Oh nvm then
[2018-09-08 22:51:44] <Veiedhimaedhr> yeah sorry about that one :p
[2018-09-08 22:52:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, you feel your limbs tense up for a moment, but you are freed from whatever happened. However, Multiple Moonlight Sonatas are now going full blare in your head, along with the Latin chanting, and the steam engine noises, and all the noises outside your head
[2018-09-08 22:53:07] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now it is the Thrall's turn
[2018-09-08 22:53:26] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, A, N
[2018-09-08 22:53:26] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: A
[2018-09-08 22:54:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall is suddenly in the conductor's compartment with Avery and it plunges its combat knife downwards.
[2018-09-08 22:54:25] ⇐ Sax|Cloud quit (sretaw.peed.gnidih.ksa|m#sretaw.peed.gnidih.ksa|m): Quit: Connection closed for inactivity
[2018-09-08 22:54:26] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 stab
[2018-09-08 22:54:27] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: stab: 7 (4df+6=4-, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:54:35] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll acro or resiliance
[2018-09-08 22:55:44] <Soulless> 4df+3 acrobatics rip
[2018-09-08 22:55:44] <Glacon> Soulless: acrobatics rip: 4 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 22:56:17] <Veiedhimaedhr> 1d5 combat knife of evil
[2018-09-08 22:56:18] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: combat knife of evil: 2 (1d5=2)
[2018-09-08 22:56:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall's blade is slow, it is more the surprise of it suddenly being next to you that catches you as the blade slices through your shoulder as it's moving out of the way
[2018-09-08 22:59:10] <Sax> "BARRETT! SHOOT OUT THAT WHISTLE!"
[2018-09-08 22:59:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> I believe it is now Nate's turn now that we have cycled back
[2018-09-08 22:59:36] <Sax> (I thought it was Avery's)
[2018-09-08 22:59:48] <Veiedhimaedhr> (my mistak)
[2018-09-08 22:59:57] <Veiedhimaedhr> Did I say now Nate's turn? I meant it is now Avery's turn
[2018-09-08 23:02:43] <Soulless> Avery scrambles away and attempts to hide!
[2018-09-08 23:03:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll sneak
[2018-09-08 23:03:55] <Soulless> 4df+6 sneaking
[2018-09-08 23:03:56] <Glacon> Soulless: sneaking: 7 (4df+6=4-, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:04:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 the eyes
[2018-09-08 23:04:11] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the eyes: 7 (4df+6=4-, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:05:18] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall slowly steps out of the conductor's compartment and doesn't notice you, Avery, as you duck out of sight
[2018-09-08 23:05:38] <Soulless> Avery covers his mouth with both hands, to hide his pain.
[2018-09-08 23:06:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now Nate, it is your turn
[2018-09-08 23:06:32] <Sax> 4df+6 Veronica is thirsty! THIRSTY FOR YOUR BLOOD
[2018-09-08 23:06:33] <Glacon> Sax: Veronica is thirsty! THIRSTY FOR YOUR BLOOD: 6 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:06:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> What you shooting at
[2018-09-08 23:06:54] <Sax> Thrall
[2018-09-08 23:07:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 wretched advance
[2018-09-08 23:07:11] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: wretched advance: 3 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:07:15] <Sax> 2d3
[2018-09-08 23:07:15] <Glacon> Sax: 3 (2d3=1, 2)
[2018-09-08 23:07:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> How many shots did you fire? This isn't a mechanical question this is just for flavor
[2018-09-08 23:08:06] <Sax> Two shots, aiming for the pelvic bones/sacral wings.
[2018-09-08 23:08:17] <Sax> Nathan's trying to remove its ability to reliably walk and dodge.
[2018-09-08 23:09:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> The bullets go right through those parts and blood spurts out of the Thrall. Two giant holes suddenly get ripped into the train engine behind it and steam pours out of the engine
[2018-09-08 23:09:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> Some of the fire damage from before return to the engine as well
[2018-09-08 23:09:59] <Sax> "BARRETT! SHOOT THE ENGINE!"
[2018-09-08 23:10:11] <Veiedhimaedhr> Well Jakey, it is your turn. What do?
[2018-09-08 23:10:14] <Sax> Nathan points out the engine, and hopes that whatever Barrett is using is enough to punch through a pressure vessel.
[2018-09-08 23:11:33] <Krydderi> Considering Jakey is wielding a pistol, that isn't probably going to work. He aims at the train whistle, because the bullets got a better chance of fucking that up and it may stop that mental attack bullshit that hit him.
[2018-09-08 23:11:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> all right. Shoot
[2018-09-08 23:11:57] <Krydderi> 4df+3 Pew.
[2018-09-08 23:11:59] <Glacon> Krydderi: Pew.: 3 (4df+3=0, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:12:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+20 The Hazard Made Manifest
[2018-09-08 23:12:47] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Hazard Made Manifest: 22 (4df+20=0, 3+, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:13:01] <Sax> OH JESUS CHRIST ON THE BREADSTICK CROSS
[2018-09-08 23:13:20] <Veiedhimaedhr> The bullet(s) melt on contact
[2018-09-08 23:13:42] <Sax> "NEVERMIND, DON'T SHOOT THE ENGINE!"
[2018-09-08 23:13:52] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now it's the engine's turn
[2018-09-08 23:13:54] <Krydderi> "NOTED."
[2018-09-08 23:14:13] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch 1, 2
[2018-09-08 23:14:14] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 2
[2018-09-08 23:15:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> The lamp on the train and the Thrall's eyes suddenly flash a blindingly intense hue at the same time.
[2018-09-08 23:15:24] <Sax> Nathan looks down to avoid getting blinded.
[2018-09-08 23:15:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 Emyreal Flashbang
[2018-09-08 23:15:38] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: Emyreal Flashbang: 7 (4df+5=0, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 23:15:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> Everyone roll Antipsy
[2018-09-08 23:16:14] <Sax> 4df+5 OH SHI
[2018-09-08 23:16:14] <Glacon> Sax: OH SHI: 6 (4df+5=0, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:16:31] <Krydderi> 4df+6 Going insane the slow way
[2018-09-08 23:16:31] <Glacon> Krydderi: Going insane the slow way: 5 (4df+6=0, 0, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:17:21] <Soulless> 4df+8 antipsy
[2018-09-08 23:17:21] <Glacon> Soulless: antipsy: 9 (4df+8=0, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:18:48] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, the blind doesnt do anything to you. Heck, your vision doesn't even blur
[2018-09-08 23:18:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> 1d4 For the other two
[2018-09-08 23:18:59] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: For the other two: 4 (1d4=4)
[2018-09-08 23:19:50] <Soulless> rip

~~~~~~

Note from the Logger: This is where Nathan and Jakey go still and are affected by the anomaly. For continuity purposes, it is moved down and organised with HI2 logs. ~Wink

~~~~~

[2018-09-08 23:24:13] <Soulless> Avery internally remembers what it was like, during the second breach. How it swept right through him, and all his co workers, and all his co workers.
[2018-09-08 23:24:23] <Veiedhimaedhr> In the real world, it is the Thrall's turn
[2018-09-08 23:24:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, A, N
[2018-09-08 23:24:30] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: A
[2018-09-08 23:24:33] <Soulless> He keeps his mouth covered.
[2018-09-08 23:25:00] <Veiedhimaedhr> Oh wait, it hasn't seen Avery
[2018-09-08 23:25:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, N
[2018-09-08 23:25:06] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: N
[2018-09-08 23:25:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+4 aim pistol
[2018-09-08 23:25:41] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: aim pistol: 3 (4df+4=0, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:26:07] <Sax> 4df+2 Resilience
[2018-09-08 23:26:08] <Glacon> Sax: Resilience: 5 (4df+2=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:26:11] <Soulless> Avery O_O


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 23:21:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate and Jakey, your vision goes white. And your hearing goes blank. Your eyes open again and you're in a train car, one moving across the countryside of Britain. You're in Victorian clothes and top-hats, good music is playing, and you see other people talking and laughing and otherwise sitting around you
[2018-09-08 23:22:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, you see Nate and Jakey freeze in place
[2018-09-08 23:22:43] <Sax> May Nate roll determination to force-stay back in realworld?
[2018-09-08 23:23:13] <Sax> (and take a regular unconsciousness turn instead)
[2018-09-08 23:23:46] <Krydderi> …Do they remember everything before winding up in the train?
[2018-09-08 23:23:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> Not at this exact moment. (and this might not be what you expect)
[2018-09-08 23:23:57] <Sax> "… what."
[2018-09-08 23:23:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> Yes of course. And you two are sitting next to each other

[Some turns later…]

[2018-09-08 23:27:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> The shot impacts with ballistic protection gear. Nate, in your train-scape, you feel a bullet impact your stomach but it doesn't break skin. The bruise tho…
[2018-09-08 23:27:30] <Sax> "Huh?!"
[2018-09-08 23:27:33] <Sax> Nathan looks down.
[2018-09-08 23:28:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate as you have experience being shot at, I'll say you can recognize the sensation
[2018-09-08 23:29:08] <Sax> "OH FOR FUCK's SAKES"
[2018-09-08 23:30:43] <Krydderi> Jakey is erratically ticking, but he looks to Nate in the trainscape with a confused expression.
[2018-09-08 23:31:05] <Sax> "I GOT FUCKIN' SHOT AGAIN
[2018-09-08 23:35:35] <Krydderi> "…I should have gotten us out faster. 's a mistake I won't make twice, if we get out." Jakey twitches, ticking and ticking away like an erratic clock.
[2018-09-08 23:37:12] <Sax> "No need to fret."
[2018-09-08 23:37:23] <Sax> "Wasn't your mistake, but rather a poor strategic decision."
[2018-09-08 23:37:34] <Sax> "Why else would we all gather in a museum?"
[2018-09-08 23:39:28] <Krydderi> "If we had run when the tech guy had dropped, we may have made it out. Those few moments cost us." Tick.
[2018-09-08 23:41:02] <Sax> "We need to focus on breaking out of this illusion."
[2018-09-08 23:41:52] <Krydderi> "…You're right. I can lament when we get back." Jakey twitches, smirking. "Till then- let's make sure that 'if' stays a 'when'."
[2018-09-08 23:43:19] <Sax> "Then harden your brain and focus on breaking out."
[2018-09-08 23:43:35] <Sax> Nathan thinks hard, remembering… and attempting to break free of the illusion.
[2018-09-08 23:45:33] <Krydderi> Jakey places a hand over his wrist, remembering IV lines and clockwork. He ticks erratically, and breathes. ~I've escaped the impossible before… I will do it again.~


HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 23:31:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> It is now Avery's turn again.
[2018-09-08 23:31:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> (does the Thrall Perc check you since you're still in sneak or nah?)
[2018-09-08 23:31:39] <Soulless> Avery looks for anything explosive.
[2018-09-08 23:32:03] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's a museum
[2018-09-08 23:32:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> No explosive things nearby
[2018-09-08 23:33:07] <Soulless> Are there explosives on the equipment of his pals?
[2018-09-08 23:33:18] <Sax> Nope!
[2018-09-08 23:33:23] <Sax> (not on Nate, at least)
[2018-09-08 23:33:24] <Krydderi> Nope.
[2018-09-08 23:34:23] <Soulless> Dang.
[2018-09-08 23:34:44] <Soulless> Avery attempts to unclasp the red containing the train.
[2018-09-08 23:35:34] <Veiedhimaedhr> You do so. The velvet red rope falls (for at least the section you unclasp). And nothing happens. I'll make that a free move
[2018-09-08 23:36:15] <Soulless> 4df+8 (science) he attempts to consider a weakness!
[2018-09-08 23:36:16] <Glacon> Soulless: (science) he attempts to consider a weakness!: 7 (4df+8=3+, 4-, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:36:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> That's with the PHD spec right?
[2018-09-08 23:39:18] <Soulless> yes!
[2018-09-08 23:39:33] <Veiedhimaedhr> Things begin to make sense. Bullets melting on impact. Holes appearing in the train as holes get torn into the Thrall. Avery, you come to an understanding. While you can't exactly pin down what the train is, or where you all are. You do comprehend that the Thrall is the anchor keeping the train lodged in your psyches. The Thrall. Is. The. Train.
[2018-09-08 23:40:36] <Soulless> Avery has no way to take down The Train. He looks for some sort of water or liwuid.
[2018-09-08 23:41:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> Well there's a water fountain but that would involve moving over unobstructed floor
[2018-09-08 23:43:39] <Soulless> 4df+6 he attempts to move, silently, to collect the water from the fountain in a containment cup made for holding blood or other fluids.
[2018-09-08 23:43:39] <Glacon> Soulless: he attempts to move, silently, to collect the water from the fountain in a containment cup made for holding blood or other fluids.: 6 (4df+6=3+, 0, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:44:01] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 The Eyes
[2018-09-08 23:44:02] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Eyes: 8 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:44:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall turns and begins walking towards you
[2018-09-08 23:44:48] <Soulless> Can Avery still do anything or is that his turn?
[2018-09-08 23:44:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> That's the turn


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 23:45:24] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now it is Nate's turn. Nate can roll a determination to break out of the train-scape
[2018-09-08 23:46:08] <Glacon> Sax: Tagging Unyielding - Nate will not be dissuaded from completing this mission.: 10 (4df+7=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:46:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 stay inside young man
[2018-09-08 23:46:42] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: stay inside young man: 5 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:48:05] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate fades out of view and now you are alone
[2018-09-08 23:48:21] <Veiedhimaedhr> On a train full of victorian era people.
[2018-09-08 23:49:32] <Krydderi> Jakey sees Nathan fade, grins this Manic smile. The impossible is possible, and it's time to leave this dream behind.


HomeImprovement

[2018-09-08 23:47:52] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate, you focus inside the train until you feel the veins in your forehead protrude. And suddenly, your vision is white again. You're back in play but your vision is compromised. For this turn cycle, -3 Acro and -2 Ranged
[2018-09-08 23:48:47] <Veiedhimaedhr> You can take a turn
[2018-09-08 23:48:56] <Sax> He groans… and switches to his pistol.
[2018-09-08 23:49:05] <Sax> 4df+6 Thrall eat .45
[2018-09-08 23:49:05] <Glacon> Sax: Thrall eat .45: 7 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-08 23:49:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+4 the Wretched Shuffle
[2018-09-08 23:49:42] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the Wretched Shuffle: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:49:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> How many shots you fire
[2018-09-08 23:50:49] <Sax> Two, into the thoracic region.
[2018-09-08 23:50:49] <Sax> 1d4
[2018-09-08 23:50:50] <Glacon> Sax: 1 (1d4=1)
[2018-09-08 23:51:47] <Veiedhimaedhr> The shots go through the Thrall and two small, steam fuming holes are punctured into the train engine. It's whistling is erratic now, more burn warps are reappearing and the latin in your head is getting quieter
[2018-09-08 23:52:17] <Soulless> "The thrall is the anchor! Kill it and we are out!"
[2018-09-08 23:52:49] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey, it's your turn to attempt the escape


HomeImprovement2

[2018-09-08 23:53:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> roll that tasty Determination, you know you want to
[2018-09-08 23:53:42] <Krydderi> 4df+6 ~Even a child has to leave a dream behind.~
[2018-09-08 23:53:43] <Glacon> Krydderi: ~Even a child has to leave a dream behind.~: 8 (4df+6=3+, 0, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 23:53:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 stay inside young man
[2018-09-08 23:53:59] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: stay inside young man: 6 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 3+, 0)
[2018-09-08 23:50:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train passes through a tunnel and it goes black. When light returns, all the people are gone, and sitting across from you is the giant. Camera-Head
[2018-09-08 23:51:34] <Krydderi> "Hello hello.." He covers his eyes, still smiling.
[2018-09-08 23:52:11] <Krydderi> It's almost childlike, like a young kid mimicing a parent playinf peekaboo.
[2018-09-08 23:52:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> Camera head doesn't move. He just sits there across from you. Watching through his single eye
[2018-09-08 23:54:12] <Krydderi> "I'd love to stay and chat…" He waves goodbye.
[2018-09-08 23:54:39] <Veiedhimaedhr> You begin to fade and Camera-Head reaches out and grabs you. You re-solidify
[2018-09-08 23:55:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> With one, giant finger, it pushes it's finger into your chest, and then removes it
[2018-09-08 23:55:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> You begin to fade again as it sits back down in its chair
[2018-09-08 23:56:06] <Krydderi> Tick. "…Tag, eh? Next time, then." He gives a two finger salute.


[2018-09-08 23:55:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey your vision is white again. You're back in play but your vision is compromised. For this turn cycle, -3 Acro and -2 Ranged
[2018-09-08 23:57:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> You have turn to do things
[2018-09-08 23:58:10] <Krydderi> He shakes his head, "Camera man says Hello, by the way." Jakey cannot reliably aim, and does not risk it. Skipping this turn.
[2018-09-08 23:58:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> The engine cometh
[2018-09-08 23:58:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch 1, 2
[2018-09-08 23:58:42] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 1
[2018-09-08 23:58:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, A, N
[2018-09-08 23:58:57] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: J
[2018-09-08 23:59:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 The Hazard Unleashed
[2018-09-08 23:59:42] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: The Hazard Unleashed: 7 (4df+6=3+, 0, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-08 23:59:46] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll antipsy
[2018-09-08 23:59:54] <Krydderi> 4df+6 ~I guess that game is going to come sooner than I intended.~
[2018-09-08 23:59:55] <Glacon> Krydderi: ~I guess that game is going to come sooner than I intended.~: 5 (4df+6=4-, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:00:08] <Veiedhimaedhr> 1d4
[2018-09-09 00:00:09] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 3 (1d4=3)
[2018-09-09 00:02:06] <Veiedhimaedhr> The eyes of the Thrall flash. And the moonlight sonata in your brain reaches a horrifying volume. You see Camera-Head appear before you again, he pushes his finger into your head this time…and it /hurts/. Then vision returns to normal
[2018-09-09 00:02:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, I meant the train's light, not eyes of the thrall. My b for the typo
[2018-09-09 00:03:29] <Veiedhimaedhr> Now it's the Thrall's turn.
[2018-09-09 00:03:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch, J, A, N
[2018-09-09 00:04:14] <Krydderi> ~…That isn't how tag works, Camera. I hope that name doesn't bother you.~ Jakey just starts twitching, smirking and ticking erratically. He's lost almost half his MH and it's beginning to show.
[2018-09-09 00:04:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, A, N
[2018-09-09 00:04:42] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: N
[2018-09-09 00:04:49] <Soulless> Avery is a concern.
[2018-09-09 00:05:12] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall manifests next to Nate and slashes with it's knife
[2018-09-09 00:05:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 slash
[2018-09-09 00:05:23] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: slash: 4 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:05:31] <Sax> 4df+2 Res
[2018-09-09 00:05:31] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate roll defense
[2018-09-09 00:05:31] <Glacon> Sax: Res: 1 (4df+2=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:05:36] <Sax> Merp.
[2018-09-09 00:05:43] <Veiedhimaedhr> 1d5
[2018-09-09 00:05:44] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: 5 (1d5=5)
[2018-09-09 00:06:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> The blade cuts across your belly, just below where the thickest ballistic gear ends. Ouch
[2018-09-09 00:07:15] <Veiedhimaedhr> It is Avery's turn again
[2018-09-09 00:07:19] <Sax> "GRR"
[2018-09-09 00:07:28] <Sax> Nathan tanks the slash - he's been through worse
[2018-09-09 00:08:27] <Soulless> 4df+6
[2018-09-09 00:08:39] <Soulless> Avery sneaks up to the thrall and attempts to tie his shoes together.
[2018-09-09 00:08:45] <Soulless> 4df+6 snk
[2018-09-09 00:08:45] <Glacon> Soulless: snk: 4 (4df+6=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:08:47] <Soulless> rip
[2018-09-09 00:08:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 the eyes
[2018-09-09 00:09:00] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the eyes: 4 (4df+6=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:09:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> I was told that tiebreaks go to the attacker and Avery is the attacker. So tie away m8
[2018-09-09 00:09:59] <Soulless> The fellow may be wuite alarmed upon his next menacing step now!
[2018-09-09 00:10:47] <Sax> That means he can't dodge well?
[2018-09-09 00:11:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> Well the Thrall was mostly using its RES to defend but yeah it can't dodge very well. The thrall attempts to continue walking towards Jake and/or Nate but it falls on its face. It's legs do not stop the walking animation.
[2018-09-09 00:11:56] <Sax> Nathan considers this a freebie.
[2018-09-09 00:11:57] <Veiedhimaedhr> Also, Nate, your penalties from escaping the train-scape have expired so feel free to shoot with the full force of your stats
[2018-09-09 00:12:21] <Sax> 4df+6 Nathan switches to Veronica, and performs a point-blank execution with her
[2018-09-09 00:12:21] <Glacon> Sax: Nathan switches to Veronica, and performs a point-blank execution with her: 7 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 0, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:12:42] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+5 the wretched wriggle on the floor
[2018-09-09 00:12:43] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: the wretched wriggle on the floor: 4 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-09 00:12:53] <Veiedhimaedhr> Roll for damage
[2018-09-09 00:12:56] <Sax> 2d3
[2018-09-09 00:12:57] <Glacon> Sax: 6 (2d3=3, 3)
[2018-09-09 00:13:13] <Sax> Worthy of an execution.
[2018-09-09 00:13:38] <Sax> 5+3+1+6 = 14… don't tell me this thing is nigh immortal.
[2018-09-09 00:13:43] <Sax> Or nigh invulnerable.
[2018-09-09 00:14:40] <Veiedhimaedhr> The Thrall's head explodes and the front of the train explodes outwards spontaneously. Color begins to leak into the room and the train is melting. Classical music courses through the air, Latin Chanting turns to whispering and cracks appear in the ceiling. But the Thrall's limbs continue to automate
[2018-09-09 00:15:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train's wheels have started to spin at a snail's pace and it's whistle is weak and distorted
[2018-09-09 00:15:27] <Veiedhimaedhr> Jakey you're up
[2018-09-09 00:17:12] <Krydderi> Jakey opts to do the doctor thing and patch up Nate before things possibly go to Hell again. He's a shit shot anyhow. Tick.
[2018-09-09 00:18:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> All right. Do your thing doc
[2018-09-09 00:18:27] <Krydderi> 1d4
[2018-09-09 00:18:28] <Glacon> Krydderi: 4 (1d4=4)
[2018-09-09 00:18:49] <Krydderi> Jakey does his job quickly, and precisely. Ticking all the while.
[2018-09-09 00:19:27] <Sax> Hooray - Nate's now 11/12
[2018-09-09 00:20:04] <Veiedhimaedhr> It is the train's turn
[2018-09-09 00:20:18] <Soulless> Avery clutches his hurt shoulder but says nothing. He's been pretty quiet.
[2018-09-09 00:20:22] <Veiedhimaedhr> .ch J, A, N
[2018-09-09 00:20:23] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: N
[2018-09-09 00:20:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+4 Wretched Echo (4th Turn Proc)
[2018-09-09 00:20:52] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: Wretched Echo (4th Turn Proc): 3 (4df+4=4-, 0, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-09 00:20:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> roll antipsy
[2018-09-09 00:21:15] <Sax> 4df+5 NYEH
[2018-09-09 00:21:16] <Glacon> Sax: NYEH: 4 (4df+5=0, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[2018-09-09 00:21:16] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate
[2018-09-09 00:21:26] <Veiedhimaedhr> (WHEW)
[2018-09-09 00:22:37] <Veiedhimaedhr> The train's cracked light flashes RED and you feel the two hemispheres of your brain pull apart from each other for just a moment before you shrug it off. No other effects proc
[2018-09-09 00:23:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery you up
[2018-09-09 00:23:47] <Soulless> Avery shoot the corpse.
[2018-09-09 00:23:53] <Soulless> 4df+5 aaaaa (light weap)
[2018-09-09 00:23:53] <Glacon> Soulless: aaaaa (light weap): 5 (4df+5=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[2018-09-09 00:24:19] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 wretched wriggle on the floor
[2018-09-09 00:24:20] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: wretched wriggle on the floor: 7 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-09 00:24:54] <Sax> Nathan switches to his .45.
[2018-09-09 00:24:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery your bullet(s) hit the thrall in the hand. A small dent appears on the engine
[2018-09-09 00:24:58] <Sax> Time to finish this.
[2018-09-09 00:25:20] <Sax> 4df+8 .45 to the Thrall's body
[2018-09-09 00:25:21] <Glacon> Sax: .45 to the Thrall's body: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, 4-, 0)
[2018-09-09 00:25:32] <Veiedhimaedhr> 4df+6 wretched wriggle on the floor
[2018-09-09 00:25:33] <Glacon> Veiedhimaedhr: wretched wriggle on the floor: 5 (4df+6=4-, 0, 3+, 4-)
[2018-09-09 00:25:37] <Sax> 1d4
[2018-09-09 00:25:38] <Glacon> Sax: 3 (1d4=3)
[2018-09-09 00:25:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> it has no head so where you shoot?
[2018-09-09 00:26:01] <Sax> Into its torse.
[2018-09-09 00:26:14] <Sax> Letting the hollowpoint rounds do their destruction.
[2018-09-09 00:27:30] <Veiedhimaedhr> You hit something important. The Thrall stops moving and the Train stops moving as well. All the music, all the chanting, all the other noises that have been in all of your heads. It ceases, and your vision starts to spin as you all fall to the floor.
[2018-09-09 00:27:49] <Sax> Nathan breaks his fall by falling to a knee instead.
[2018-09-09 00:27:59] <Veiedhimaedhr> You wake up in the museum lobby. There's color, and the security guard is just as he was, floating by the doors. The train is also where it was.
[2018-09-09 00:28:50] <Sax> As for the rest of the people?
[2018-09-09 00:28:58] <Veiedhimaedhr> There's no signs of the combat. And there are no wounds on you, even though you feel them. You feel the bruises and knife wounds and so on, but the skin isn't torn or blemished
[2018-09-09 00:29:25] <Veiedhimaedhr> The glass doors are there and it's still raining outside. You can make out the Foundation guards standing outside
[2018-09-09 00:29:47] <Krydderi> Jakey looks to the ceiling, chuckling to himself. "What are you playing at Snapshot…"
[2018-09-09 00:30:10] <Sax> Nathan slowly stands.
[2018-09-09 00:30:16] <Sax> "Are you guys alright?"
[2018-09-09 00:30:20] <Sax> He looks for the incident commander.
[2018-09-09 00:30:25] <Soulless> Avery doesn't say anything.
[2018-09-09 00:30:28] <Veiedhimaedhr> There's drool coming out of your mouths, and you all have serious raccoon eyes
[2018-09-09 00:30:39] <Sax> Nathan wipes his off quickly with his shemagh.
[2018-09-09 00:30:56] <Veiedhimaedhr> The incident commander isn't in the lobby. But the radio is pinging y'all
[2018-09-09 00:31:02] <Soulless> «Yes.»
[2018-09-09 00:31:14] <Sax> «Audley in.»
[2018-09-09 00:31:28] <Krydderi> «Barrett here..»
[2018-09-09 00:31:50] <Veiedhimaedhr> It's the briefing officer from earlier, «This is the recovery team from Site-15. All of you need to get out of Brakerman's Rest now. We're evacuating the area.»
[2018-09-09 00:32:10] <Sax> «Audley rogers all, preparing for exfil.»
[2018-09-09 00:32:20] <Sax> "Alright people, we cannot stay!"
[2018-09-09 00:32:38] <Veiedhimaedhr> You all hear helicopters outside the museum, and one lands right outside the museum on the road
[2018-09-09 00:32:40] <Sax> "Everyone get moving!"
[2018-09-09 00:32:57] <Sax> Nathan makes his way outside.
[2018-09-09 00:33:20] <Krydderi> Jakey just smirks, "Aye… Goodbye Snapshot, I'm it." Jakey follows along.
[2018-09-09 00:33:57] <Veiedhimaedhr> You see Foundation personnel with Site-15 fatigues scrambling the containment team into choppers. The briefing lady waves you over hurriedly
[2018-09-09 00:34:11] <Soulless> Avery follow.
[2018-09-09 00:34:16] <Sax> Nathan hauls ass, and ducks low as he enters the rotary wing.
[2018-09-09 00:34:22] <Soulless> He remains utterly silent.
[2018-09-09 00:34:43] <Krydderi> Jakey is last to get in. He's hurried but stumbles a tad.
[2018-09-09 00:34:51] <Soulless> He supports Jakey.
[2018-09-09 00:35:25] <Sax> Nathan helps them on, especially as the helo takes off.
[2018-09-09 00:35:51] <Veiedhimaedhr> The briefing lady gets in the cockpit, "We're dropping by a decontamination site first. You'll be able to tell agent Angelo all about it, she's already there getting treatment." The helicopter begins to rise
[2018-09-09 00:35:51] <Soulless> He then finds the most corner-y place to settle into and curl up, watching everyone else.
[2018-09-09 00:36:14] <Veiedhimaedhr> Lightning flashes. Avery, roll me one final Perception check as the sensation of being watched strikes again
[2018-09-09 00:36:21] <Soulless> 4df+2 no perception lol
[2018-09-09 00:36:22] <Glacon> Soulless: no perception lol: 5 (4df+2=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2018-09-09 00:36:25] <Soulless> oh ok
[2018-09-09 00:36:35] <Sax> "Is the containment team accounted for?"
[2018-09-09 00:36:44] <Sax> "And how about the rest of the civilians?"
[2018-09-09 00:37:41] <Veiedhimaedhr> Avery, lightning flashes and Camera-Head is sitting in the helicopter with all of you. He's not doing anything, and he's hunched over so he doesn't hit the ceiling. But he just sits. And stares at you, long after the lightning flash has ended
[2018-09-09 00:38:21] <Veiedhimaedhr> Nate, the briefing agent says, "Incident commander's KIA. Aneurysm. We're getting the rest out, even the infant. Jaws of life."
[2018-09-09 00:40:04] <Sax> "Noted."
[2018-09-09 00:40:22] <Sax> Nathan allows himself to rest as they are taken for decon and debrief.
[2018-09-09 00:40:49] <Soulless> Avery stares back.
[2018-09-09 00:41:02] <Soulless> "…Hello?"
[2018-09-09 00:41:11] <Soulless> No, he doesn't say anything, redact
[2018-09-09 00:42:14] <Soulless> He stares back, with some amount of purpose, and then mouths 'later'. when he thinks no one's looking. Then he settles back down and adds it internally to his report.
[2018-09-09 00:42:30] <Veiedhimaedhr> Camera Head's lens eye isn't flashing. It looks like just glass. After a moment of staring, Camera-Head leans forward and puts a hand on Avery's shoulder, then rises. He walks out of the chopper, through the sky and vanishes with the next lightning strike.
[2018-09-09 00:43:10] <Veiedhimaedhr> The chopper flies away from Brakerman's Rest, and it's a long ride back to Site-15
[2018-09-09 00:43:54] <Veiedhimaedhr> FIN

End of Run

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License