Sugar in Saltville

Home Improvement
<ihp> Jacob reports to the pool of motors, doing some final adjustments to his headlamp, just in case.
<lurkd> R.H. tromps in with his safari garb and gigantic elephant gun. *guffaw* "Finally some action!"
LemurLord (ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement
Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.A86E9F5-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.A86E9F5-CRInys|nhoJ) has joined #homeimprovement
<ihp> Jacob stares at the man with his elephant gun. "…sir, I don't think we're going to be hunting any pachyderms on this mission."
<gumbal1> An extremely bored-looking man in a blue suit is present.
<lurkd> "Isn't that right?" He gives a hefty and weighty slap against Jacob's back.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan enters, with a fruity drink.
<Optimal> Frederick arrives in the motorpool. Late it seems.
<ihp> Jacob thinks the drink suits Dan.
<lurkd> "I like to be prepared, sport!"
<gumbal1> "I assume you've all heard about the injured agent we brought back yesterday."
<ihp> "…no?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Hello R.H, I have not seen you in a while."
<Optimal> Said with a friendly tone. "Hey Dan."
<lurkd> "Yes well… I've been catching up on my reading so to speak and patrolling the outer perimeters."
<Sirgoldfish> "Hey Freddy."
<gumbal1> "Alright then." He pulls up some papers and reads from them. "An agent investigating a cult in Saltville was discovered for a spy by the cult and infected with some sort of anomalous substance."
<Sirgoldfish> The drink Dan is sipping stings right in R.H's britishness.
<ihp> "…Saltville? I was on the Saltville mission."
<ihp> "I thought the threat was eliminated…"
<Sirgoldfish> "Wait, saltville?"
<Nemi> More cults. Good thing Luvi isn't here, he'd explode.
<Sirgoldfish> "I thought we cleaned that place out?"
<Optimal> "Infected?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I was fucking there."
<gumbal1> "You're job is to investigate what this cult is doing and possible retrieve the anomalous substance, if possible."
<gumbal1> "Apparently not."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Any info on the cult? Iconography, where they meet, anything?
<ihp> "They're not meeting in the church, are they?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Does this have to do with this Queen bull shit? I met her brother."
<Sirgoldfish> "He was not the most pleasant person."
<Optimal> "Uhhh….. I remember that mission…."
<gumbal1> "The cult calls itself the 'Children of the Unseelie Queen.' They have numerous places of operation around Saltville."
<gumbal1> "The abandoned church has been torn down."
<lurkd> "Sounds like an adventure!"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Fred. "Oh, you were with Kendall's group, weren't you?" Jacob frowns. "That was the thing that was supposed to be… what, the grandmother of the Mark?"
<Sirgoldfish> "What do we know about the anomalous substance?"
<Optimal> "Yes… yes it was."
<gumbal1> "It turned an agent blue, immobolized him, and lowered his body temperature."
<Sirgoldfish> "Turns them into a cold cartoon character?"
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…don't tell me we're dealing with a freeze ray."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan snarks
<Optimal> "Interesting."
<gumbal1> "The agent also possess a mild mind-affecting property we have yet to investigate further."
<ihp> "…anything else useful you can tell us? Like, places the cult might operate?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I love it when you people are vague."
<gumbal1> "We suggest asking around town."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Maybe that Johnathan fellow will still be around."
<gumbal1> "We're not the type to jump to conclusions, Mr. Pinkerton."
<ihp> Jacob heads to the car. "I
<ihp> "I'm driving"*
<gumbal1> "One more thing: Don't get caught. You're dealing with a cult here, not just one person."
<Optimal> "Asking the public about an anomalous substance seems a little counter productive…"
<gumbal1> Jacob finds an envelope on the seat.
<ihp> Jacob looks at the envelope, and opens it. What are its contents?
<Optimal> "Reconnaissance. Got it."
<gumbal1> "Then you should ask them whther they have noticed anything odd."
<gumbal1> "Considering the history of Saltville, this will likely not arouse suspicion."
<gumbal1> Jacob, it's a map to Saltville.
<Sirgoldfish> "I know some information on these cults."
<ihp> "…hopefully this time, a cult won't have taken over the entire town," Jacob mumbles, getting into the car and looking at R.H. "You! Can you navigate?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think the Unseelie Queen wants my head."
<gumbal1> "Any more questions before I send you off?"
<lurkd> "Of course. I live off of maps."
<lurkd> He gets in and puts his gun on the dash.
<Optimal> "Are firearms recommended?"
<gumbal1> "They are highly discouraged. Use them only as a last resort."
<ihp> ~I would gladly let her take your head, Pinkerton, if it meant an end to your insufferable-~ Several other unpleasant thoughts cross his mind, before he looks at R.H. "I'm Wexley, by the way. Jacob Wexley. I take it you're some form of big game hunter?"
<Optimal> "Good. Hopefully it won't get to that point."
<lurkd> "No worries… I'm not trigger happy on the hunt."
<ihp> Jacob looks at his silver candlestick, remembering that it was an anniversary present.. it's probably badly dented by now, but it's served him well.
<Sirgoldfish> "Do you think I should be concerned? I did help one of the cults biggest enmies."
<lurkd> "And yes… all up and down Mother Africa."
<gumbal1> "Did you tell them who you were."
<Sirgoldfish> "I don't think I did."
<gumbal1> "Then no."
<ihp> Jacob honks the horn of the car.
<lurkd> "All aboard?"
<Optimal> "I'm with horn guy. Let's get going."
<ihp> Jacob looks at R.H. "I overheard your name… what's it stand for?"
<Sirgoldfish> "They might know me regardless. Cults have a sort of metaphorical hive mind."
<Optimal> Fred calls backsies.
<ihp> "R.H. I mean."
<Sirgoldfish> ~I still have my sliver lighter.~
<ihp> Jacob starts up the car and drives out, with R.H. presumably navigating. He watches the way he navigates (ha ha ha ha ha).
<lurkd> "Rupert Huxley. My father shortened it to just R.H. though when I was a lad."
<ihp> "Good to meet you, Rupert."
<lurkd> "Likewise." He navigates gud.
<gumbal1> The jeer moves faster as the road becomes more defined
<Sirgoldfish> Dan sits by Fred
<ihp> Jacob tunes the radio to a local news station.
<gumbal1> "I GOT SPURS. THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE"
<gumbal1> "JINGLE JANGLE"
<ihp> "…oh lord this song." Jacob groans. "Where's a proper news station when you need it?"
<gumbal1> They pass the Saltville welcoming sign, coming to the small town.
<Sirgoldfish> "I always loved this song."
<ihp> Jacob smiles. He tries to remember the name of the man who helped them last time. Johnathan… something.
<lurkd> *humming*
<gumbal1> They eventually drive up to the town square. Seems like a good place to get off, if they want to.
<Sirgoldfish> He sings "JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE" in a surprisingly good voice.
<gumbal1> 1d10
<Glacon> gumbal1: 1 (1d10=1)
<gumbal1> No
<gumbal1> He is terrible
<ihp> ~Harper! John Harper.~ Jacob stops the car and gets out.
<gumbal1> pause for description
<Sirgoldfish> One of the things with Dan is that he has a good singing voice.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks around wondering if there are still no children around.
<gumbal1> The town square is like that of any small town. In the middle is some statue of some soldier-looking guy. Nearby, two women are selling plants at a stand near "Joe's Diner", which seems to be condemned. A couple is arguing near a jewlry shop.
<ihp> Jacob gets out of the car, frowning at the couple; perception to overhear what they're saying?
<Optimal> "Reminds me of home…"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think we should go to the diner."
<gumbal1> "…for our anniversary? I thought you had something planned!"
<Sirgoldfish> "Act as tourist and order a meal."
<ihp> Jacob looks at the candlestick, then at the couple, and sighs. "…the Diner is /condemned/ Pinkerton."
<Optimal> "Heh, I could do that."
<Sirgoldfish> redact
<Optimal> redact as well
<ihp> Jacob looks at R.H. "…I have something I need to attend to. Mind accompanying me?"
<gumbal1> "Don't give me that 'it was those satanists' excuse! You aren't the type to pass out at ghosts!"
<lurkd> "Of course." He follows.
<ihp> Jacob looks at the names on the candlestick.
<Sirgoldfish> "Lets visit the flower shop. To gather information, or we could go to the library?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. "We split up. I'll take R.H., you take Frederick."
<Sirgoldfish> He nods.
<gumbal1> {To my Dearest Anna. Love, Garret)}
<Optimal> "Sure thing."
<Sirgoldfish> "Okay, lets start at the flower shop."
<ihp> Jacob walks over to the arguing couple. "Pardon me, but… do either of you an Anna or a Garret?"
<gumbal1> Flower stand is #tooltime
<gumbal1> The woman stops. "…that's my name."
<ihp> Jacob holds the candlestick out to her. "I overheard you arguing about an anniversary, and… I found this about a month back, during the fogging. It was in the middle of the floor of the library."
<lurkd> R.H. just lets Jacob do the talking.
<gumbal1> Anna looks at it. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why'd you steal that?"
<ihp> "It… was needed to neutralize the fogging. We needed to make sure it didn't happen again." Jacob looks ashamed. "I haven't had a chance to return it before now. I'm sorry."
<gumbal1> "It's fucking dented. How'd you get it like that hitting ghosts?"
<ihp> "…it fell down some stairs." Jacob cringes at this. He's horrible at lying, so I'm not going to bother rolling bluff.
<lurkd> R.H. has no idea what they are talking about..
<lurkd> 4df+6 Persuasion + Charisma "Terribly inexcusable… I know. Please forgive us."
<Glacon> lurkd: Persuasion + Charisma "Terribly inexcusable… I know. Please forgive us.": 6 (4df+6=0, 0, 0, 0)
<gumbal1> 4df+4 You. Broke. My. Gift.
<Glacon> gumbal1: You. Broke. My. Gift.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
<gumbal1> "…fine. You could at least help pay the damages back to Garret."
<gumbal1> Garret looks somewhat sheepish.
<ihp> "If it's any comfort… this saved several lives." Jacob hands the candlestick back and nods. "Certainly."
<ihp> Jacob takes out his wallet. "How much?"

  • Denied_Existence (~PI.6B44BDFE.84C4CF6D.5D816CF3|xE_deineD#PI.6B44BDFE.84C4CF6D.5D816CF3|xE_deineD) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> "20 dollars."
<ihp> Jacob digs out a 20 dollar bill and hands it to Anna. "Again. Apologies… and now…" He looks down. "The reason why we're here in the first place. We've been told that things are happening in Saltville again."
<gumbal1> "Things always happen in Saltville. What sort of thing do you mean?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Anna. "…can we talk somewhere privately?"
<gumbal1> "If we are, Garret's coming. He won't tell a thing, trust me."
<ihp> Jacob looks at Garret. "…very well."
<ihp> "Back of the Library should be private enough."

  • Daedalus (~moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj#moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> The library isn't near here, but they can go into an alley.
<ihp> Jacob goes into the alley, then. "…okay. Have…" He looks around, and says in a hushed tone, "Have you ever heard of the Children of the Unseelie Queen?" (Is that the right name of the cult?)
<gumbal1> They follow
<gumbal1> "No. We have cults, but I just thought they were satanists."
<lurkd> R.H. picks up the rear, being generally polite as usual.
<ihp> Are they bluffing?
<lurkd> "Ah, pagans… troublesome to authority, but boy can they throw a party." *guffaw*
<gumbal1> no. They sound genuine
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "You'll forgive me if I don't trust you implicitly… is there anywhere we could find out about these 'satanists'?" ~Also, "Cults"? /Plural?!/ What on Earth…~
<gumbal1> "Eh, ask around the bar. Bound to be one person."
<lurkd> "Ah, I'm parched. Could use a brandy."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Bar it is… where is it?"
<gumbal1> "Take a left from the front of this store till you hit Green Street. First thing you see."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Thank you. Again, I'm sorry about your gift." He starts walking to Green Street.
<lurkd> R.H. follows. "They seem nice."
<ihp> "I'm going to miss that candlestick… maybe I could find some iron piping or something."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes around to look for the rest of the group.
<Optimal> As does Fred. Such a follower.
<Sirgoldfish> Putting the roses in the car, and carrying the weird plant.
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. "…what do you have there?"
<gumbal1> They find the group going to Green Street
<gumbal1> It looks like a blue flattened mushroom
<gumbal1> Slightly blue, not full out
<lurkd> "My… strange foliage."
<gumbal1> More gray than blue, really
<lurkd> 4df+4 survival to identify plant somewhat
<Glacon> lurkd: survival to identify plant somewhat: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
<Optimal> "An ugly little thing, isn't it?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think it looks nice."
<ihp> Jacob crosses his arms. "You bought flowers…" He shakes his head. "What's it called, then?"
<gumbal1> You don't identify it.
<Optimal> "Really? Maybe it's because I've been around mushrooms my entire childhood."
<Sirgoldfish> "Root of Titania"
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "That name sounds familiar… Shakespeare, maybe?"
<gumbal1> The team makes it to the "Wheatgrass Bar".
<ihp> (Ack should I have rolled academics? If so redact)
<gumbal1> (nah, you're good)
<Sirgoldfish> "This thing cost 9 dollars, it must be valuable to them."
<Optimal> "Precisely."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Queen of the Fairies. Fairies, fairies…. Oberon and Titania…" Jacob paces. Roll academics to see if he can come up with anything?
<Sirgoldfish> "I am going to take a wild guess and say this has to do with the 'substance'." Dan never makes wild claims like this
<gumbal1> yeah
<ihp> 4df+4 please don't crit fail…
<Glacon> ihp: please don't crit fail…: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
<lurkd> 4df+4 perc
<Glacon> lurkd: perc: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
<Sirgoldfish> "Unseelie Queen is kind of like a queen of fairies?"
<gumbal1> Wasn't Titania traditionally the Seelie Queen? Not the Unseelie?
<Sirgoldfish> "She is a 'fae' after all."

  • SiGoldfishy has quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)

<ihp> Jacob frowns, looking at everyone. "…I'm going to the library. R.H., go with Pinkerton and make sure he doesn't get himself glassed."
<lurkd> "Glassed?"
<ihp> Jacob mimes someone taking a bottle and smashing it over someone else's head.
<Sirgoldfish> "The library seems like a good place to go."
<ihp> Jacob looks at Frederick. "To the library, both of us."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan carries the plant with him.
<Sirgoldfish> And follows Jacob.
<gumbal1> Anyone going to the library, go to tooltime
<gumbal1> Unless everyone is going to the library

  • Optimal has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)

<lurkd> "Alright… lead the way oh fearless leader."

  • Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.8985689A-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.8985689A-CRInys|nhoJ) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob leads the way to the library.
<ihp> He should remember the town well enough from last time.
<Sirgoldfish> "I think the role of court jester is more befitting of Jacob."
<Optimal> Frederick walks with.
<Sirgoldfish> "Mister, lets SMELL our way to the SCP."
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for something to hit Dan over the head with for that comment.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for something to hit Dan over the head with for that comment.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, +, 0)
<gumbal1> They walk to the library.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a discarded teddy bear on the street.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan enters the Library.
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the teddy bear, picking it up. ~Katie would have liked this… maybe.~ Jacob pockets it, just in case. He goes into the library following this.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes up to any librarian
<gumbal1> The librarian looks up.
<ihp> 4df+4 (Perception) Jacob looks around for any books involving fairies or cults.
<Glacon> ihp: (Perception) Jacob looks around for any books involving fairies or cults.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
<gumbal1> Jacob, the teddy bear is missing an eye.
<Optimal> Frederick is also in the library!
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a copy ogf the sam French book, in better condition.
<ihp> Jacob grins at this familiar book, and takes it, along with a French-to-English dictionary.
<Sirgoldfish> "Hello, I am theologist, and I was wondering if you had any information on local religions?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Any book would be nice."
<gumbal1> Jacob finds one.
<ihp> Jacob sits down and sets about to translating stuff regarding the unseelie queen, again. He skips over the parts he already knows…
<gumbal1> "Do you have any particular religion in mind?" The librarian stifles a yawn.
<ihp> Roll academics?
<gumbal1> Jacob, one part catches your eye. It's about animated cloth dolls with spindly black limbs that looks like a human when viewd directly.
<Sirgoldfish> "I have been hearing something about a unseelie queen."
<ihp> Jacob frowns at this part, looking for anything that might have their name or their weaknesses.
<ihp> I.e. if mirrors will allow him to see them.
<ihp> Or, say, glasses, which he is wearing.
<gumbal1> It alks about how they're identifiable through their reflections, or their appearence in photographs.
<lurkd> "…subtle…" *chuckle*
<Sirgoldfish> "So, do you have any books on the subject?"
<gumbal1> "Talk with Barney. He frequents this place. Or go ask that weird guy over there, he seems interested." She points to Jacob
<ihp> ~Weird guy?~ Jacob ignores this, looking for any way to defeat these dolls, should it be necessary.
<gumbal1> They're flammable
<ihp> ~That's useful.~ Jacob looks through the book some more; does anything else catch his eye?
<Sirgoldfish> "All right! One more thing." Dan brings out the plant. "Does this look familiar to you? I have not seen anything like it."

  • LemurLord is now known as LemurDinner

<gumbal1> It talks of seven more odd things. Incorporeal harpies, witches without the need to breathe, quadrupedal plague-spreaders, aquatic humanoids, a "Grand High Priestess", the Fault Entities, and pxies with simialr attributes to the fault entities.
<gumbal1> "Not really. Haven't seen it before."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods
<ihp> Jacob's attention is caught by the pixies and the grand high priestess. He takes out his notebook and copies down as much information from the book as he can.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes up to Jacob "What have you found? And would you like help searching."
<ihp> He hopes he isn't breaking any French plagiarism laws.
<ihp> "…dolls that look human if you look at them directly, unless they're in a reflection."
<ihp> "The entities we fought last time are in this book as well."
<gumbal1> The grand high priestess appears human, but possesses incredible strength. The pixies are apparently blue, small, and weak to iron, suagr, and magnesium fires.
<Optimal> "Wonderful."
<gumbal1> *sugar
<Optimal> (They're weak to suagr=swagger XD)
<Sirgoldfish> "Then we need to get a mirror."
<ihp> "…iron instead of silver, sugar instead of salt, and magnesium instead of incense."
<lurkd> "Hmmmm…"
<gumbal1> The pixies also possess the mind-affecting sound the entities have.
<Sirgoldfish> "Sugar?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at the non-breathing witches, copying down their entry last.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan smells the plant. "Do you think this would work."
<Sirgoldfish> The plant smells like sugar.
<ihp> He then looks at the title of the book, to see if he can requisition it at Site 19.
<lurkd> "What is it with you and that plant?"
<gumbal1> They look human, but a picture of one shows that it lacks lungs.
<ihp> "Clearly, the spores are affecting him."
<ihp> Jacob copies down the title of the book.
<Sirgoldfish> "Fine then I'll just break it."
<gumbal1> The Title is "La Lror"
<Sirgoldfish> "It smells like sugar, so I thought it would."
<gumbal1> Lror is not a typo
<gumbal1> Out of universe, anyways
<Sirgoldfish> "But if it is annoying you that much. I'll get rid of it."
<ihp> "…all right then." Jacob rubs his forehead. "…let's see if we can find anything about this 'cult' in the newspaper archives."
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+5 Dan goes off to find info on the cult in the newspaper section
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: Dan goes off to find info on the cult in the newspaper section: 7 (4df+5=+, +, -, +)
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for the newspaper section (perecption)
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for the newspaper section (perecption): 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> (LEL)
<gumbal1> Dan finds a paper from last Sunday, stating the one Barney Monroe noticed odd blue lights at a nearby abandoned factory.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds jack shit of interest, besides stuff about foggings.
<ihp> Jacob sighs. "Obsolete… you having better luck, Pinkerton?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Look over hear."
<Sirgoldfish> "Barney? The Librarian was mention him earlier."
<Optimal> Frederick looks at the paper as well.

  • You are now known as ProcyonGone

<ihp> Jacob frowns at the article, and starts looking around for Mr. Monroe.
<Sirgoldfish> "She was mentioning something about him frequenting this place. Could that be a coincidence?"
<gumbal1> A twitchy man sits at one of the tables, reading something.
<ihp> Presumably, there was a picture in the paper.
<gumbal1> HHe matches the image
<Optimal> "Coincidence? Not in this line of work."
<Sirgoldfish> "I think that is our guy."
<lurkd> "Probably."
<Sirgoldfish> "I am going to talk to him."
<ihp> Jacob walks over to Barney, the French book in hand, trying to see what he is reading.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes up to the Barney. "Hello, there good sir."

  • Atcero (ten.tsewq.ogrf.E09CD57A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsewq.ogrf.E09CD57A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> He looks at Dan.
<gumbal1> Jacob, he's readin A Midsummer Night's Dream

  • gumbal1 (retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug#retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug) has left #homeimprovement (Aaaaaaaand gone.)
  • gumbal1 (retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug#retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob smiles at him. "Shakespeare? Good taste, my man."
<gumbal1> He eyes Jacob, eventually settling his gaze on the French book.
<ihp> Jacob sits in front of Barney, opening to the passage about Pixies.
<Sirgoldfish> "I am writing a essay about strange occurrences in the U.S, and I was wondering about the blue lights. This news paper says you were there for the event."
<Sirgoldfish> "Would you mind an interview?"
<ihp> Jacob just /glares/ at Dan. Just…. /glares/.
<gumbal1> "You're interested, you folks, aren't you?"
<Sirgoldfish> Persuasion or bluff.
<Sirgoldfish> "Yes, I really need to get this paper done."
<gumbal1> "Very well."
<ihp> "…interested in the town, yes."
<Sirgoldfish> "So first of all, is this town known for strange things?"
<Optimal> Frederick pretends he's not with Dan.
<ihp> Jacob looks like he's about to bean Dan over the head with the book. :|
<gumbal1> "This town lives with strange things. they say it's just those satanists, but I know better."
<gumbal1> He eyes Fred. "You're with him, right? Why so shy?"
<Sirgoldfish> "What do you mean?" Dan acts clueless.
<Sirgoldfish> "What do you know better?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. ~Stop it with your inept con.~
<gumbal1> "Faeries. Ghosts. Pizza crooks."
<Optimal> "Huh? Oh, no. Looking for a book on plants."
<ihp> "…I was here during the ghosts," says Jacob. "I… helped stop them."
<gumbal1> He looks back at Fred. "For your boss here? Sure, sounds fine."
<Sirgoldfish> "Interesting, would you mind going on?"
<gumbal1> "This place attracts all sorts of the weird. Cultists have their hands in multiple spots. Some even think Mayor Craig consorted with them."
<gumbal1> "Well, former mayor. Someone shot him during the trial."
<gumbal1> "Hardly fit to be one now."
<Sirgoldfish> "Trial? What kind of trial?"
<gumbal1> "They thought he was a satanist. Seen him go to the orchard and factory outside the town."
<gumbal1> "Maybe he was a cultist. But they sure as Cain ain't worshipping Nick."
<ihp> ~Sure as Cain?~
<ihp> "…Nick?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "About the factory, you said you saw strange lights? Would you mind explaining?"
<gumbal1> "Old Nick. Satan. Belzebub. Rockerfeller."
<lurkd> "Rockerfeller?"
<gumbal1> "Aye. Strange, blue lights, lighting up the windows. Once it was purple."
<Sirgoldfish> "Do you think the lights could have to do with the mayor?"
<gumbal1> "Nah. Even after his…incident, they've been flashing."
<gumbal1> "Of course. Everyone knows John D. Rockerfeller was Satan."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "Anything else?"
<gumbal1> "Women have been acting odd of late. More cheerful, as if Saltville is actually a nice place to live."
<Sirgoldfish> "The town is not in the best of states. Are you sure there is nothing more on the blue lights."
<gumbal1> "My guess? They're fae. No human would enjoy living here."
<Sirgoldfish> "And could you tell me where this factory is?"
<gumbal1> "Blue lights happen at the factory, but occasional emenate from some of the plants ont he windows of houses."
<ihp> Jacob frowns, opening up to the passage about the cloth dolls. He then decides to look around for any women in the library.
<Sirgoldfish> "And, where is this factory?"
<gumbal1> "Outside of town, South entrance."
<gumbal1> One of them's listening intently to this conversation. She looks fascinated.
<Sirgoldfish> "Okay, is that is Billy?" Dan looks to Jacob
<ihp> Jacob looks at the woman from the corner of his eye.
<gumbal1> "Just told you. Outside the town's South entrance."
<Sirgoldfish> (Opps, sorry)
<gumbal1> She looks much paler when you do this.
<ihp> Jacob looks at her again; note that he's wearing glasses, if that counts as being 'indirect'.
<gumbal1> percep
<Optimal> 4df+6
<ihp> 4df+4 please don't give me -2
<Glacon> ihp: please don't give me -2: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
<Glacon> Optimal: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
<gumbal1> Just jacob
<Optimal> (sorry)
<gumbal1> Jacob, you don't notice much, and she's looking at you now.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan being sly lights a cigarette and points the reflective sliver lighter toward the woman. Testing the theory.
<Sirgoldfish> Precp?
<gumbal1> Dan, it's one of the cloth dolls.
<gumbal1> "Why are you staring?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Oh, no reason."
<ihp> Jacob gets up and walks towards the entrance.
<gumbal1> Jacob, your eyes stared so harge they slightly bulged
<gumbal1> *hard
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers into Jacob's and Fred's ear. "This woman is one of the dolls."
<Sirgoldfish> And H's ear
<ihp> "Thank you, Daniel, I kind of gathered that…" He taps the side of his face and whispers back, going to Fred and R.H.
<Optimal> "Understood."
<ihp> "We're leaving."
<Optimal> "Sure thing."
<gumbal1> "Talk to yah soon." Barney waves back
<Sirgoldfish> "Bye, Barney."

  • Proto_Lost (~PI.BB7E9F93.D5CD8115.506F9659|alliztahc#PI.BB7E9F93.D5CD8115.506F9659|alliztahc) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob walks out the front door, heading back to the town square.
<Sirgoldfish> They leave?
<ihp> He looks for more of the dolls out of the corners of his eyes. Perception again?
<gumbal1> You head back to town swaure. The couple is gone, and the flower stand girls look at the jeep.
<gumbal1> The flower stand girls look much paler when you do this.
<Optimal> Frederick follows, noticing the flower girls.
<ihp> Can Jacob try to see the girls for what they are?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan uses the same strategy on the flower girls lighting the cigarette.
<Sirgoldfish> precep?

  • ZombieRaptor (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.E0381A08-CRInys|paReibmoZ#moc.rr.ser.xtas.E0381A08-CRInys|paReibmoZ) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> Dan, they're cloth dolls, too.
<ihp> 4df+4 Glacon, I will kiss you if you do this right.
<Glacon> ihp: Glacon, I will kiss you if you do this right.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
<gumbal1> Jacob, you notice the paleness as well.
<Sirgoldfish> He whispers to the group. "Looks like, all the girls are dolls."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Thank you, Daniel." He looks at everyone. "We've already exposed ourselves; we can't afford to do it anymore."
<ihp> "We walk."
<gumbal1> To where?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks with Jacob. "To the factory, yes?"
<Sirgoldfish> He whispers.
<ihp> Jacob is saying all of this in a hushed voice. "We walk to the /north/ of town, yes." Jacob pretends to have dust in his eye as he winks.
<Optimal> "I was thinking the same as well."
<Sirgoldfish> "All right, Fred?"
<Optimal> "Yes?"
<Sirgoldfish> They walk to the factory?
<ihp> Jacob makes them take the most circuitous route.
<gumbal1> If they head North, they're going away fromt he factory
<ihp> (He's saying they head north when they're really heading south)
<Sirgoldfish> Dan leaves the plant in the jeep.
<ihp> (He knows people are probably listening)
<gumbal1> Dan, agility
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this does not involve dodging
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this does not involve dodging: 6 (4df+6=+, +, -, -)
<gumbal1> 4df+4 They know
<Glacon> gumbal1: They know: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
<gumbal1> You deftly dodge a burst of ink from under the car
<Sirgoldfish> "OH, god!"
<ihp> Jacob looks like he's about ready to deck Dan in the face.
<Sirgoldfish> He leaves the plant in the jeep.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes the other group mates. "We should call the site. We need replacement vehicles."
<gumbal1> The jeep is fine
<Sirgoldfish> redact
<gumbal1> The pass through town, eventually finding getting to the South town exit
<Sirgoldfish> "They know, guys."
<gumbal1> They make it to the factory. There is a door at the front.
<ihp> Jacob glares at Dan. "Of course they know. You know why they know?" He says in a hushed voice. "It's because you decided to just start talking to Barney in front of people."
<Sirgoldfish> "HEY you wanna go somewhere private with strangers who you have never met?"
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for a rock.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for a rock.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
<gumbal1> How loud are they talking?
<ihp> Hushed voices.
<Sirgoldfish> Hushed
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a piece of metal pipe
<Optimal> Irritated hushed voices.
<Sirgoldfish> "You're a socially inept clown, Jacob."
<Sirgoldfish> "Now lets go."
<gumbal1> The pipe is titanium, for some reason. Who even uses that metal?

  • Sypher (ten.tsacmoc.ro.1dsh.A431E6AE-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.ro.1dsh.A431E6AE-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob frowns at the pipe. ~Not iron…~
<ihp> Ar there windows in the factory?
<gumbal1> Yep
<gumbal1> You see the occasions glowing ball of light
<Sirgoldfish> "Wow."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks for a way in precp+urbansubterfuge?
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob crouches and tries to look in the window.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob crouches and tries to look in the window.: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
<gumbal1> Dan finds a back door, slightly ajar.
<gumbal1> The windows are too high up, Jacob
<ihp> Redact.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…who here is light on their feet?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan steps up.
<Sirgoldfish> "Why?"
<gumbal1> The door leads to a crowded storage room, witha door leading somewhere farther in
<ihp> "Because I have two left feet, and I don't want to expose us."
<Optimal> "Not me. I believed I've proved that one."
<Sirgoldfish> Can Dan try to climb to get a better look in the window?
<gumbal1> yes
<ihp> "…actually…"
<ihp> Can Jacob try to look for an open window and a ladder?
<gumbal1> Jacob can. Probs in the storage room Dan found.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+8 urban subterfuge+agility Dan climbs to look in the window
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: urban subterfuge+agility Dan climbs to look in the window: 10 (4df+8=0, +, +, 0)
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks in the storage room for a ladder.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks in the storage room for a ladder.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
<gumbal1> Dan deftly climbs upa window.
<gumbal1> Pause for descrip
<gumbal1> also jacob find s aladder
<gumbal1> Dan can see that, inside, much of the factor has been converted into a growing area for many odd blue plants. Milling about the factory floor are people, mostly women. At one area, a woman is tied up and put under two spotliughts. She's glowing slightly purple.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Wow~
<gumbal1> Dan can also see walkways above the groundfloor.
<gumbal1> Most connected to staircases
<ihp> Jacob brings the ladder to the window. "…what do you see?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes to Jacob and Fred. He describes what is going on.
<gumbal1> Jacob sees the same, except he's in the position to spot a lone sentinel on the walkway, probably passed out drunk.
<Sirgoldfish> Are these plants the same ones Dan bought?
<gumbal1> Considering the bottles of wine around her.
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the sentinel. Can he open the window?
<gumbal1> Some are, and most aren't.
<gumbal1> Strength, Jacob
<ihp> :(
<ihp> 4df+2 dammit.
<Glacon> ihp: dammit.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> (PWHAHA)
<gumbal1> Jacob fails to open the window.
<Optimal> "Jesus. Should we try and slip inside?"
<gumbal1> Does Dan try to open it?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan holds in laughter.
<gumbal1> Dan, mdef
<Sirgoldfish> "I think Jacob has the right idea."
<ihp> Jacob tries to put a hand over Dan's mouth.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive.
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
<gumbal1> Dan stifles the laugh.
<Sirgoldfish> "Get your fingers off of me."
<gumbal1> Does Jacob want to take ten ont he window?
<Sirgoldfish> (NERD)
<ihp> If he can.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 partial tagging urban subterfuge Dan tries to to what Jacob did
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: partial tagging urban subterfuge Dan tries to to what Jacob did: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
<gumbal1> With much struggle, Jacob manages to open the widnow with his nerd arms. He fins in leads right to one of the walkways.
<Sirgoldfish> except less falling
<gumbal1> Dan, roll agility
<Optimal> "Are we all going in?"
<ihp> Jacob crouches and crawls on the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+4
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> Should I add urban subterfuge?
<gumbal1> Dan opens it, and losses his grip a bit.
<gumbal1> He almost falls off and shatters his ass.
<gumbal1> Roll agility to climb into the window, Dan.
<gumbal1> Jacob is now inside the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> 4d+4
<gumbal1> The sneinel appears to be snoring.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df_4
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+4
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
<gumbal1> *sentinel
<gumbal1> Dan barely crawls inside
<ihp> Jacob tries to get his belt off and gag the sentinel, in case she wakes up.
<Optimal> Should Fred try to crawl inside?
<gumbal1> What does he use for the job?
<ihp> His belt? >_>
<Sirgoldfish> Dan could help Fred up?
<gumbal1> Like, stuffing the thing down her mouth?
<ihp> …I was thinking more "ball gag".
<gumbal1> What's the ball?
<ihp> The belt buckle.
<Optimal> Nah. Frederick just waits outside. He is afraid he might alert someone.

  • Wogglebug (ainavlyselggoW.ellivselggoW.grebelggoW|gubelggoW#ainavlyselggoW.ellivselggoW.grebelggoW|gubelggoW) has joined #homeimprovement
  • ChanServ gives channel operator status to Wogglebug

<gumbal1> Roll agility, Jacob.
<ihp> 4df+3 oh lord this is gonna suck.
<Glacon> ihp: oh lord this is gonna suck.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, 0, -)
<ihp> …I just /love/ this bot.
<gumbal1> She wakes, and is slightly daze. "who…are you?"
<ihp> Jacob stares. ~Shit…~ " He tries looking at her out of the corner of his eye.
<gumbal1> She's normal. Just piss drunk, it appears.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "What are you doing here?" He whispers.
<Sirgoldfish> Where can Dan walk to?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks to Jacob?
<gumbal1> "I should ask you? Shouldn't you be ceremony for the waiting? Was that today?"
<ihp> Jacob mimes at Dan to /get the fuck down before he's spoted/.
<ihp> "…I just got transferred here from Thorson's Falls."
<ihp> Jacob looks for a non-empty bottle of wine.
<gumbal1> "A Unity convert, eh? Nice to meet you."
<gumbal1> She slowly stands up and puts out her hand. "Rachel Clotter."
<gumbal1> Jacob finds one.
<ihp> ~Okay, she fell for it.~ "Yeah, I thought that the Queen was a better option." He looks over the balcony at the woman, and hands a bottle of wine to her. "So… these plants are all Titania's Roots?"
<gumbal1> "yeah. that bitch trapped the fun pixie things in the plants, and when the queen comes out, she'll assign everyon a plant."
<gumbal1> "i hope i get that neat flower one."
<ihp> "…when she comes out of the girl over there?" He points to the sacrifice, or who he assumes is the sacrifice.
<gumbal1> "say, have you been cleared with the headcounter yet? i could put in a good word."
<gumbal1> "you're a smart one, aren't you. yeah, her."
<ihp> "…I was cleared with him, yeah." He looks at the sacrifice out of the corner of his eye.
<ihp> ~Why is she glowing? Is it just the lights?~
<ihp> (gumbal1?)
<gumbal1> "say, which division were you guys placed. i'm in the 8s."
<Sirgoldfish> I assume Dan is listening into the conversation.
<ihp> ~Eights? Um…~ Jacob decides to pick a number below eight. "6s."
<gumbal1> "bless your souls, you have to deal with those mudsticks." She points to something on the ground floor that isn't there
<ihp> Jacob nods… "We heard something about some… non-members who were trying to stop this. We need to know what we have to do to stop them from stopping this… if that makes sense." He smiles at Rachel
<gumbal1> "say, were your uniforms too itchy or something? you dont have them"
<gumbal1> "just keep the gal safe."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Make sure she doesn't die before all of this is done? And to answer your question… they were out of uniforms." He looks at her and bites his lip. "Sorry to ask, but can I borrow yours? I don't want to be caught out of it."
<gumbal1> "eh, eagle feathers are hard to come by." She stops and furrows her brow. "why do you need mine? I could, you know, get some for you, but they'd be 8s."
<ihp> Jacob realizes his flub and shakes his head. "Nevermind. I'll check with the head of the 6's. Thanks for your help." He looks at the wine and thinks of something…
<ihp> Jacob stands up and walks over to Dan, writing out on his notepad: ~We need to stop the girl from being sacrificed. I think.~
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods, and writes ~I was listening~
<Sirgoldfish> ~Do you have any plans on doing this?~
<ihp> ~Good. So…~ Jacob looks around, and says, "Make sure not to burn anything down, okay? We don't want those non-members getting in."
<gumbal1> "sacrafice starts at 9, man. tell your friend"
<ihp> Jacob nods at Rachel, and writes, ~9:00. So…~ He looks at the girl again. Re-describe what she looks like?
<Sirgoldfish> ~Guns blazing is not an option. perhaps luring some of the workers out?~
<ihp> The sacrifice, I mean.
<Sirgoldfish> He was listening he knows the gist of the situation
<ihp> Jacob looks around for any members of the factory that aren't women… also where's Frederick?
<gumbal1> She seems to be in her early twenties, brunette, and obviously scared.

<Optimal> Fred is standing outside, keeping watch.
<gumbal1> There's some men on the groundfloor.
<ihp> Jacob paces, and looks at the men. ~Let's take their uniforms.~
<Optimal> Outside?
<ihp> ~I'll let you handle it, Pinkerton. As I said, I have lead feet.~ Inside.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Great minds think alike.~ He nods.
<gumbal1> What looks to be one of the cultists ascends the stairs to the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan pulls out two rags one for him and the other for Jacob he puts a liquid on each of the rags. Dan writes ~It is chloroform~
<ihp> Jacob nods, and takes the rag.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Use at your own discretion~
<Sirgoldfish> So, is there any locker rooms?
<Sirgoldfish> *Visible locker rooms
<ihp> There's a uniformed cultist going up the stairs, I'm assuming they're uniformed.
<gumbal1> She walks up to Jacob. Her uniform exposes her stomach, which appears to be exposed to the air and hollowed out of all organs, save for a tiny ball fo flesh attatcheted to several wire things.. *throat clear*
<gumbal1> "What are you doing out of uniform?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan is stoned face, but he baby vomits.
<Sirgoldfish> Are the women wearing the same outfits as the men?
<ihp> ~…oh shit.~ "It was damaged. I was trying to find a new one, but I got lost. Just transferred from Thorson's Falls you see; not familiar with this place yet."
<gumbal1> The outfits vary, presumabnly according to division.
<gumbal1> "Oh really? And why is the window open? We told you idiots not to screw with them."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Not entirely sure. Maybe Rachel opened it to throw up? She's stone-faced drunk." He goes over and closes the window.
<gumbal1> "Ugh, her. No idea why she's in my division. Now, what division are you in again?"
<ihp> "6s."
<Sirgoldfish> "6s"
<gumbal1> She stops frowning. "Alright then, hold on a minute."
<ihp> Jacob swallows. ~There…. was nothing I could see when she pointed to the 6s.~
<gumbal1> She descends the stairs
<Optimal> Fred notices the window close.
<ihp> …Fred wasn't inside? >_>
<Optimal> No. Like I said, he outside standing guard.
<gumbal1> Fred may have been looking at the window from the ground.
<Optimal> ^
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers to Jacob. "Should we bring him in?"
<gumbal1> She comes back with two robes. There appear to be hawk feathers sewn into the insides. "Put these on."
<ihp> "Too late," Jacob whispers back.
<ihp> Jacob nods, and takes the robes, smiling at her. "Thank you, Madam."
<Sirgoldfish> "Thanks you so much. Keep up the good work.'
<gumbal1> She storms off after leaving the robes with them. "Idiot mundanes…"
<ihp> "How long until 9:00? We should probably get into positions, shouldn't we?"
<gumbal1> 14 minutes
<Sirgoldfish> *gulp*
<ihp> Jacob looks at the girl who's the sacrifice. ~I hope we can save her.~
<ihp> He starts down the stairs, and looks for the supply cupboard.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds once near the bottom.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks down with him.
<ihp> Jacob gives a sharp rap on the door that Fred can hopefully hear.
<gumbal1> As he goes near the supply cabinet, he is accousted by a fellow 6. "Hey, how'd you do that? You just walked through one of them."
<gumbal1> "It was cool, but odd."
<ihp> Jacob blinks. "…we're new converts. Used to be Unity."
<Optimal> Fred turns around at the knock on the door. He quickly runs and hides somewhere, expecting someone to come out.
<gumbal1> "But you're a 6. Surely you saw the Harpy?"

  • Denied_Existence has quit (Ping timeout: 188 seconds)

<Sirgoldfish> "I just joined, but could you remind me about the harpy?" Persuasion bluff?
<ihp> "I saw her. But they're /incorporeal/, aren't they?" Jacob remembers what he read in the book.
<Sirgoldfish> *so could you
<gumbal1> "Oh, so if you think that, it becomes true? Cool!"
<gumbal1> He walks off, leaving the supply cabinet to you.
<ihp> Jacob wipes his brow, and looks at Dan. "Go get Frederick. We need a distraction, see if we can delay this."
<gumbal1> He bumps into something invisible. "But i believed…eh, i'll try again."
<Sirgoldfish> Fred is hiding though.
<ihp> Jacob groans, looking at the sacrifice. ~Eight minutes… shit.~
<gumbal1> Fred, nobody comes out,
<ihp> Jacob opens the supply closet.
<Sirgoldfish> So, can Dan just walk out and get Dan?
<gumbal1> Jacob, among other useless shit is a bag of white stuff. On it is a ntoe to "throw out later"
<Sirgoldfish> *Fred
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the white stuff. Science to identify?
<gumbal1> The bag is rather heavy and conspicouos.
<gumbal1> It looks like either salt or sugar.
<ihp> Jacob sticks his finger in and tastes it.
<gumbal1> It's sugar.
<Sirgoldfish> gumbal1? Can Dan get Fred?
<gumbal1> Yes
<Sirgoldfish> "I know what could clear this place out."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes out to find Fred.
<ihp> Jacob grins, and takes several handfuls of sugar, stuffing it into his pockets under the robe with some difficulty. "Don't. We have sugar. Put it on the roots."
<Optimal> Fred looks up. After seeing that no one came out, he heads back to the door.
<Optimal> And sees Dan.

  • Wogglebug is now known as Wogglebugout

<ihp> Jacob looks at Fred. "We have sugar! Get as much of it as you can and find some way to put it on the roots!" He says all of this in a hushed tone.
<Sirgoldfish> "Fred, I need you to yell. 'The Whale king is coming' as loud as you can."
<Sirgoldfish> "We need you as a distraction…."
<Optimal> "Shall I flail my arms as well?"
<Optimal> "And run in circles?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods "Yes, say he is attacking the town."
<ihp> "Yes, just do whatever!" Jacob stats sprinkling sugar over the roots as best as he can, trying to be inconspicuous.
<Sirgoldfish> "Lure them all to town, WE ONLY HAVE THREE MINUTES."
<Optimal> "Gotcha."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan says sharply
<Sirgoldfish> "Do it now."
<Sirgoldfish> Two minutes
<Optimal> Fred erupts in a series of screams. "THE WHALE KING IS COMING! THE WHALE KING IS COMING!"
<gumbal1> The plants glow much less.
<Optimal> "HOLY SHIT THE WHALE KING IS ATTACKING THE TOWN!"
<gumbal1> The cultists turn, then make their way to Fred

  • You are now known as ProcyonLotor

<ihp> Jacob does this as many times as he can in the two minutes provided, while everyone is distracted.
<Sirgoldfish> "Run."

  • You are now known as ProcyonGone

<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes to hide.
<gumbal1> The sacrifice starts squirming

  • You are now known as ProcyonLotor

<ihp> Jacob looks at the sacrifice. ~…oh dear.~ Has everyone cleared out?
<Optimal> Frederick runs towards town. "OH MY GOD, THERE'S A GIANT FUCKING WHALE ATTACKING THE TOWN!"
<gumbal1> yep
<ihp> Jacob goes up to the sacrifice and tries to untie her.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan yells to the side. "ARM YOUR SELVES!"
<gumbal1> The cultists look at the town
<gumbal1> The clock strikes 8
<gumbal1> *9
<ihp> "Run. Run as fast as you can, we only have a minute."
<Optimal> "FOLLOW ME! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS SHIT!"
<ihp> "…shit."
<gumbal1> She starts running, before falling down in pain.
<ihp> "…oh no. Oh no oh no oh _no_.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes into the factory. "What do you need me to do!"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen starts growing larger
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks to Jacob.
<ihp> "Oh _fuck!_"
<ihp> Jacob stares, and tries to shove sugar down her torat.
<ihp> Throat*
<ihp> It's the only thing he can think of.
<Optimal> Frederick is running into town, presumably with everyone following him.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan tries to chloroform the sacrifice.
<gumbal1> It stops just befor eher abdomen bursts, but she's passed out from the trauma.
<Sirgoldfish> He shoves more sugar down her throat.
<Optimal> "THE WHALE KING IS COMING! SONG HIM SONGS! ILL START! HURDURDURDURHERDEDUR!!!!"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen glows bright purple
<ihp> Jacob pants. "…oh god no."
<gumbal1> The cultists look at Fred with confusion
<Sirgoldfish> "Should we kill her?"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen begins bleeding, as if cut by something from the inside.
<Sirgoldfish> "I refuse to a the executioner again."
<gumbal1> "What re you on, man?" Asks a male cultist to Fred
<Sirgoldfish> "Jacob…."
<Optimal> "YOU GUYS AREN'T SINGING! SING BEFORE HE KILLS US WITH HIS KING FLIPPERS!!!"
<ihp> Jacob lifts up his section of titanium piping, before lowering it. "…the best we can do now is get sugar on all the plants."
<gumbal1> the force of the blow forces something purple outside of her abdomen. It screams. mdef
<ihp> 4df+4 craaap
<Glacon> ihp: craaap: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
<ihp> CRAP
<Optimal> "What am I own? WHAT ARE YOU ON?!?!?! THERE'S A GIANT FUCKING WHALE DOING MAGIC ON THE PIZZERIA!!!"
<Optimal> *on
<gumbal1> 4df+5 OH GOD THE WHALELORDS
<Glacon> gumbal1: OH GOD THE WHALELORDS: 3 (4df+5=-, -, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)

  • Wogglebugout is now known as Wogglebug

<gumbal1> Jacob, rmember the Slatville ghosts? This sounds 9 times as horrible. -1 mind, a headache, and a nosebleed.
<Sirgoldfish> (ALL PRAISE GLACON JESUS)
<Optimal> "SING HIM SONGS OF TANKARDS AND KRILL!!!"
<ihp> Jacob grunts at this, clutching his head. The cold metal pipe next to it is soothing, at least. He wipes his nosebleed. "…oh jesus."
<gumbal1> Dan suddenly, for a brief moment, transcends this earth and has a vision of God. God appears to be smoking a joint and listening to music, before the vision stops.
<gumbal1> The thing crawls over to Jacob, screaming at him in French.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan makes a circle of sugar around the sacrifice.
<ihp> Jacob tries to throw more sugar on it.
<gumbal1> It looks vaguely insectine, but you can't tell
<gumbal1> It curls into a basll and shrieks in pain
<Optimal> "Dance with meh!" Fred does a hearty jig in the town square while singing the song from the jeep earlier.
<gumbal1> The cultists reetner the factory
<Optimal> "CLICKITY CLACKITY OR SOMETHIN LIKE THATERY!"
<gumbal1> Was Jacob still throwing sugar after the scream?
<ihp> He was not.
<Optimal> "Hey, where are you guys going?!?!"
<gumbal1> They look at Jacob. "…what has become of our beautiful queen?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan made a circle of sugar around the sacrifice.
<Optimal> "DAMMIT COME BACK HERE!"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan pulls out his silver lighter.
<Sirgoldfish> "COME THE FUCK HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS."
<ihp> Jacob points at Dan. "He defiled her! He defiled our beauteous queen!" ~Sorry about this, Pinkerton…~
<gumbal1> "What happened with the sugar? Why are the plants so sleepy? Why isn't our queen beautiful?"
<gumbal1> Dan, you see a thousand eyes turn to you, or maybe less, but still a fuckton.
<ihp> "He grabbed the sugar and spread it around the plants! He used it on the queen too!" He spits in Dan's direction. "Heretic!"
<gumbal1> Dan, agility
<Sirgoldfish> "This asshole fucked shit up!" Dan points to Jacob. "I have seen god!"
<gumbal1> redact
<gumbal1> They turn to Jacob.
<Sirgoldfish> "But he is merely a pawn! This was the act of the whale king!"
<Optimal> Frederick runs back to the factory after he sees everyone left his sideshow.
<gumbal1> "Why would you do this? This goes beyond simple heresy…"
<Sirgoldfish> "We must find him, and make him pay for what he has done to our queen."
<ihp> "It is he who is the pawn!" He point at Dan. "What reason would I have to defile O Great Titania (forgive me for speaking your name)?"
<gumbal1> "Oh…" One of the hollowed stomach ones steps forward. "Allow me."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks to Jacob. "Do not hurt him. for he is a pawn, and deserves mercy!"
<gumbal1> "No. Not the Whale King. That tyrant Titania…"
<ihp> Jacob hopes to /fuck/- oh. Oh shit. He… got the religions mixed up.
<gumbal1> The hollowed stomach one looks at Dan, her hands suddenly glowing blue. "And why not?"
<ihp> Jacob tries to take up the queen while people are distracted with Dan.
<Sirgoldfish> "Why not what? Hurt the poor man he was controlled! He wants vengeance along with us!"
<gumbal1> Jacob, pdef
<ihp> 4df+3 welp. I'm dead.
<Glacon> ihp: welp. I'm dead.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
<gumbal1> 4df+6 IMMA BITE YOU
<Glacon> gumbal1: IMMA BITE YOU: 5 (4df+6=-, -, +, 0)
<ihp> Jacob's hands probably still have sugar on them.
<gumbal1> It bites down hard on your hand. -2 body
<ihp> Because it's sticky like that.
<gumbal1> It screams and falls off.
<Sirgoldfish> Persuasion, so they don't hurt Jacob?
<gumbal1> Sure
<gumbal1> "How do you know this., brother?"
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+9 "We must not make the enslaved suffer!"
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: "We must not make the enslaved suffer!": 8 (4df+9=0, 0, 0, -)
<Sirgoldfish> "We are better then any tyrant or whale king!"
<gumbal1> 4df+4 Hang the weakminded high!
<Glacon> gumbal1: Hang the weakminded high!: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)

  • Wogglebug is now known as Wogglebugout

<gumbal1> "…you're right, then." She turns to Jacob. "But to regain your status, you must performa simple task."
<ihp> Jacob looks at the hollow-chested woman. "Anything to regain status with the Unseelie Queen."
<ihp> He tries to put on his best glazed look in his eyes.
<gumbal1> "To regain your standing with Lror, you must find the four interlopers in town and kill them."
<Sirgoldfish> ~FUCK~

  • LemurDinner is now known as LemurLord

<gumbal1> "We know not what they look like, but you can ask aroudn town. It is reccomended you steal their jeep before they can escape."
<Sirgoldfish> "But isn't the queen more important than vengeance? I know of a group of followers who want the queen returned to her hold status! Please let her with us>"
<Optimal> Frederick is hiding outside of the door, listening into the hulabaloo.
<ihp> Jacob nods. "…I shall. Praise Lror."
<gumbal1> "They left the keys in, but our dutiful cloth servants can't drive, unfortunately."
<Sirgoldfish> "I can drive!"
<gumbal1> "The queen will stay with us until we can find those interlopers."
<Sirgoldfish> Roll persuasion? to see if they let us take the plants and queen?
<gumbal1> It's in the factory.
<Sirgoldfish> "But don't you want the queen to be her beautiful self?"
<ihp> "May we at least take some of the roots? I have a colleague who is a botanist, and he is an adherent. He may be able to nurse them back to health."
<gumbal1> "The queen will progress naturally with us. We have done our part, and it is time to do yours. You may take some roots with you, if you haven't destroyed them thoroughly."
<ihp> Jacob pales as he realizes something: /Dan Had One Of The Roots In The Car./
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods.
<ihp> Jacob takes up some of the healthier-looking roots and bows in thanks to the cult, before heading out the back door.
<Sirgoldfish> (Oh, bacon tits on fucking mars.)
<Sirgoldfish> (We could be fucked.)
<Optimal> Frederick backs up around the corner of the building before any of them come outside.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "Shall we go Billy?" Dan looks to Jacob.
<gumbal1> The queen shouts something in apparent anger, but it is only gibbrish, the product of excess emotion.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. ~Why does he keep calling me Billy?~ He heads out, making his way across town, back to the jeep.
<gumbal1> "My Queen, please be silent. They mean no harm."
<Optimal> Fred follows in the shadows.
<Optimal> Unless it's just them.
<Sirgoldfish> "Oh, one more thing. The whale king has found a avatar, you may want to deal with that."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan leaves with Jacob
<Sirgoldfish> ~I can't wait to see a cult fight.~
<gumbal1> "Our Queen has found hers. I'm sure we can deal witha lowly scoundrel like the Scarlet Brother."
<ihp> Jacob goes to the jeep; he looks in the windows. Is there anything in there?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks at his plant.
<gumbal1> The plant is. It looks slightly more blue than before.
<Sirgoldfish> Is it normal?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan takes the plant.
<Sirgoldfish> "I will be taking care of this."
<ihp> Jacob nurses his bleeding hand as he climbs in the passenger seat.
<Optimal> Frederick appears coming out of an alley.
<Optimal> "So did you guys have a fun time?"
<ihp> Jacob sighs. "We failed. We didn't stop a cult from resurrecting its god."
<ihp> "Or 'queen'."
<Optimal> "That wasn't our mission though, was it? The mission was to grab the substance."
<Optimal> "We do have the substance right?"
<Sirgoldfish> "We slowed them. We could send solders to deal with them."
<Sirgoldfish> "The god is not well, we have given the foundation space to strike them."

  • Wogglebugout is now known as Wogglebug

<Sirgoldfish> "This was a success as far as I am concerned."
<gumbal1> Do they drive back?
<ihp> Jacob sighs, rubbing his hand. "Let's just… get home."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan drives them back. "I don't want you to get hurt."
<gumbal1> Dan drives them back to #origins-ic2<ihp> Jacob reports to the pool of motors, doing some final adjustments to his headlamp, just in case.
<lurkd> R.H. tromps in with his safari garb and gigantic elephant gun. *guffaw* "Finally some action!"

  • LemurLord (ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement
  • Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.A86E9F5-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.A86E9F5-CRInys|nhoJ) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob stares at the man with his elephant gun. "…sir, I don't think we're going to be hunting any pachyderms on this mission."
<gumbal1> An extremely bored-looking man in a blue suit is present.
<lurkd> "Isn't that right?" He gives a hefty and weighty slap against Jacob's back.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan enters, with a fruity drink.
<Optimal> Frederick arrives in the motorpool. Late it seems.
<ihp> Jacob thinks the drink suits Dan.
<lurkd> "I like to be prepared, sport!"
<gumbal1> "I assume you've all heard about the injured agent we brought back yesterday."
<ihp> "…no?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Hello R.H, I have not seen you in a while."
<Optimal> Said with a friendly tone. "Hey Dan."
<lurkd> "Yes well… I've been catching up on my reading so to speak and patrolling the outer perimeters."
<Sirgoldfish> "Hey Freddy."
<gumbal1> "Alright then." He pulls up some papers and reads from them. "An agent investigating a cult in Saltville was discovered for a spy by the cult and infected with some sort of anomalous substance."
<Sirgoldfish> The drink Dan is sipping stings right in R.H's britishness.
<ihp> "…Saltville? I was on the Saltville mission."
<ihp> "I thought the threat was eliminated…"
<Sirgoldfish> "Wait, saltville?"
<Nemi> More cults. Good thing Luvi isn't here, he'd explode.
<Sirgoldfish> "I thought we cleaned that place out?"
<Optimal> "Infected?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I was fucking there."
<gumbal1> "You're job is to investigate what this cult is doing and possible retrieve the anomalous substance, if possible."
<gumbal1> "Apparently not."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Any info on the cult? Iconography, where they meet, anything?
<ihp> "They're not meeting in the church, are they?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Does this have to do with this Queen bull shit? I met her brother."
<Sirgoldfish> "He was not the most pleasant person."
<Optimal> "Uhhh….. I remember that mission…."
<gumbal1> "The cult calls itself the 'Children of the Unseelie Queen.' They have numerous places of operation around Saltville."
<gumbal1> "The abandoned church has been torn down."
<lurkd> "Sounds like an adventure!"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Fred. "Oh, you were with Kendall's group, weren't you?" Jacob frowns. "That was the thing that was supposed to be… what, the grandmother of the Mark?"
<Sirgoldfish> "What do we know about the anomalous substance?"
<Optimal> "Yes… yes it was."
<gumbal1> "It turned an agent blue, immobolized him, and lowered his body temperature."
<Sirgoldfish> "Turns them into a cold cartoon character?"
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…don't tell me we're dealing with a freeze ray."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan snarks
<Optimal> "Interesting."
<gumbal1> "The agent also possess a mild mind-affecting property we have yet to investigate further."
<ihp> "…anything else useful you can tell us? Like, places the cult might operate?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I love it when you people are vague."
<gumbal1> "We suggest asking around town."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Maybe that Johnathan fellow will still be around."
<gumbal1> "We're not the type to jump to conclusions, Mr. Pinkerton."
<ihp> Jacob heads to the car. "I
<ihp> "I'm driving"*
<gumbal1> "One more thing: Don't get caught. You're dealing with a cult here, not just one person."
<Optimal> "Asking the public about an anomalous substance seems a little counter productive…"
<gumbal1> Jacob finds an envelope on the seat.
<ihp> Jacob looks at the envelope, and opens it. What are its contents?
<Optimal> "Reconnaissance. Got it."
<gumbal1> "Then you should ask them whther they have noticed anything odd."
<gumbal1> "Considering the history of Saltville, this will likely not arouse suspicion."
<gumbal1> Jacob, it's a map to Saltville.
<Sirgoldfish> "I know some information on these cults."
<ihp> "…hopefully this time, a cult won't have taken over the entire town," Jacob mumbles, getting into the car and looking at R.H. "You! Can you navigate?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think the Unseelie Queen wants my head."
<gumbal1> "Any more questions before I send you off?"
<lurkd> "Of course. I live off of maps."
<lurkd> He gets in and puts his gun on the dash.
<Optimal> "Are firearms recommended?"
<gumbal1> "They are highly discouraged. Use them only as a last resort."
<ihp> ~I would gladly let her take your head, Pinkerton, if it meant an end to your insufferable-~ Several other unpleasant thoughts cross his mind, before he looks at R.H. "I'm Wexley, by the way. Jacob Wexley. I take it you're some form of big game hunter?"
<Optimal> "Good. Hopefully it won't get to that point."
<lurkd> "No worries… I'm not trigger happy on the hunt."
<ihp> Jacob looks at his silver candlestick, remembering that it was an anniversary present.. it's probably badly dented by now, but it's served him well.
<Sirgoldfish> "Do you think I should be concerned? I did help one of the cults biggest enmies."
<lurkd> "And yes… all up and down Mother Africa."
<gumbal1> "Did you tell them who you were."
<Sirgoldfish> "I don't think I did."
<gumbal1> "Then no."
<ihp> Jacob honks the horn of the car.
<lurkd> "All aboard?"
<Optimal> "I'm with horn guy. Let's get going."
<ihp> Jacob looks at R.H. "I overheard your name… what's it stand for?"
<Sirgoldfish> "They might know me regardless. Cults have a sort of metaphorical hive mind."
<Optimal> Fred calls backsies.
<ihp> "R.H. I mean."
<Sirgoldfish> ~I still have my sliver lighter.~
<ihp> Jacob starts up the car and drives out, with R.H. presumably navigating. He watches the way he navigates (ha ha ha ha ha).
<lurkd> "Rupert Huxley. My father shortened it to just R.H. though when I was a lad."
<ihp> "Good to meet you, Rupert."
<lurkd> "Likewise." He navigates gud.
<gumbal1> The jeer moves faster as the road becomes more defined
<Sirgoldfish> Dan sits by Fred
<ihp> Jacob tunes the radio to a local news station.
<gumbal1> "I GOT SPURS. THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE"
<gumbal1> "JINGLE JANGLE"
<ihp> "…oh lord this song." Jacob groans. "Where's a proper news station when you need it?"
<gumbal1> They pass the Saltville welcoming sign, coming to the small town.
<Sirgoldfish> "I always loved this song."
<ihp> Jacob smiles. He tries to remember the name of the man who helped them last time. Johnathan… something.
<lurkd> *humming*
<gumbal1> They eventually drive up to the town square. Seems like a good place to get off, if they want to.
<Sirgoldfish> He sings "JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE" in a surprisingly good voice.
<gumbal1> 1d10
<Glacon> gumbal1: 1 (1d10=1)
<gumbal1> No
<gumbal1> He is terrible
<ihp> ~Harper! John Harper.~ Jacob stops the car and gets out.
<gumbal1> pause for description
<Sirgoldfish> One of the things with Dan is that he has a good singing voice.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks around wondering if there are still no children around.
<gumbal1> The town square is like that of any small town. In the middle is some statue of some soldier-looking guy. Nearby, two women are selling plants at a stand near "Joe's Diner", which seems to be condemned. A couple is arguing near a jewlry shop.
<ihp> Jacob gets out of the car, frowning at the couple; perception to overhear what they're saying?
<Optimal> "Reminds me of home…"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think we should go to the diner."
<gumbal1> "…for our anniversary? I thought you had something planned!"
<Sirgoldfish> "Act as tourist and order a meal."
<ihp> Jacob looks at the candlestick, then at the couple, and sighs. "…the Diner is /condemned/ Pinkerton."
<Optimal> "Heh, I could do that."
<Sirgoldfish> redact
<Optimal> redact as well
<ihp> Jacob looks at R.H. "…I have something I need to attend to. Mind accompanying me?"
<gumbal1> "Don't give me that 'it was those satanists' excuse! You aren't the type to pass out at ghosts!"
<lurkd> "Of course." He follows.
<ihp> Jacob looks at the names on the candlestick.
<Sirgoldfish> "Lets visit the flower shop. To gather information, or we could go to the library?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. "We split up. I'll take R.H., you take Frederick."
<Sirgoldfish> He nods.
<gumbal1> {To my Dearest Anna. Love, Garret)}
<Optimal> "Sure thing."
<Sirgoldfish> "Okay, lets start at the flower shop."
<ihp> Jacob walks over to the arguing couple. "Pardon me, but… do either of you an Anna or a Garret?"
<gumbal1> Flower stand is #tooltime
<gumbal1> The woman stops. "…that's my name."
<ihp> Jacob holds the candlestick out to her. "I overheard you arguing about an anniversary, and… I found this about a month back, during the fogging. It was in the middle of the floor of the library."
<lurkd> R.H. just lets Jacob do the talking.
<gumbal1> Anna looks at it. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why'd you steal that?"
<ihp> "It… was needed to neutralize the fogging. We needed to make sure it didn't happen again." Jacob looks ashamed. "I haven't had a chance to return it before now. I'm sorry."
<gumbal1> "It's fucking dented. How'd you get it like that hitting ghosts?"
<ihp> "…it fell down some stairs." Jacob cringes at this. He's horrible at lying, so I'm not going to bother rolling bluff.
<lurkd> R.H. has no idea what they are talking about..
<lurkd> 4df+6 Persuasion + Charisma "Terribly inexcusable… I know. Please forgive us."
<Glacon> lurkd: Persuasion + Charisma "Terribly inexcusable… I know. Please forgive us.": 6 (4df+6=0, 0, 0, 0)
<gumbal1> 4df+4 You. Broke. My. Gift.
<Glacon> gumbal1: You. Broke. My. Gift.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
<gumbal1> "…fine. You could at least help pay the damages back to Garret."
<gumbal1> Garret looks somewhat sheepish.
<ihp> "If it's any comfort… this saved several lives." Jacob hands the candlestick back and nods. "Certainly."
<ihp> Jacob takes out his wallet. "How much?"

  • Denied_Existence (~PI.6B44BDFE.84C4CF6D.5D816CF3|xE_deineD#PI.6B44BDFE.84C4CF6D.5D816CF3|xE_deineD) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> "20 dollars."
<ihp> Jacob digs out a 20 dollar bill and hands it to Anna. "Again. Apologies… and now…" He looks down. "The reason why we're here in the first place. We've been told that things are happening in Saltville again."
<gumbal1> "Things always happen in Saltville. What sort of thing do you mean?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Anna. "…can we talk somewhere privately?"
<gumbal1> "If we are, Garret's coming. He won't tell a thing, trust me."
<ihp> Jacob looks at Garret. "…very well."
<ihp> "Back of the Library should be private enough."

  • Daedalus (~moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj#moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> The library isn't near here, but they can go into an alley.
<ihp> Jacob goes into the alley, then. "…okay. Have…" He looks around, and says in a hushed tone, "Have you ever heard of the Children of the Unseelie Queen?" (Is that the right name of the cult?)
<gumbal1> They follow
<gumbal1> "No. We have cults, but I just thought they were satanists."
<lurkd> R.H. picks up the rear, being generally polite as usual.
<ihp> Are they bluffing?
<lurkd> "Ah, pagans… troublesome to authority, but boy can they throw a party." *guffaw*
<gumbal1> no. They sound genuine
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "You'll forgive me if I don't trust you implicitly… is there anywhere we could find out about these 'satanists'?" ~Also, "Cults"? /Plural?!/ What on Earth…~
<gumbal1> "Eh, ask around the bar. Bound to be one person."
<lurkd> "Ah, I'm parched. Could use a brandy."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Bar it is… where is it?"
<gumbal1> "Take a left from the front of this store till you hit Green Street. First thing you see."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Thank you. Again, I'm sorry about your gift." He starts walking to Green Street.
<lurkd> R.H. follows. "They seem nice."
<ihp> "I'm going to miss that candlestick… maybe I could find some iron piping or something."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes around to look for the rest of the group.
<Optimal> As does Fred. Such a follower.
<Sirgoldfish> Putting the roses in the car, and carrying the weird plant.
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. "…what do you have there?"
<gumbal1> They find the group going to Green Street
<gumbal1> It looks like a blue flattened mushroom
<gumbal1> Slightly blue, not full out
<lurkd> "My… strange foliage."
<gumbal1> More gray than blue, really
<lurkd> 4df+4 survival to identify plant somewhat
<Glacon> lurkd: survival to identify plant somewhat: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
<Optimal> "An ugly little thing, isn't it?"
<Sirgoldfish> "I think it looks nice."
<ihp> Jacob crosses his arms. "You bought flowers…" He shakes his head. "What's it called, then?"
<gumbal1> You don't identify it.
<Optimal> "Really? Maybe it's because I've been around mushrooms my entire childhood."
<Sirgoldfish> "Root of Titania"
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "That name sounds familiar… Shakespeare, maybe?"
<gumbal1> The team makes it to the "Wheatgrass Bar".
<ihp> (Ack should I have rolled academics? If so redact)
<gumbal1> (nah, you're good)
<Sirgoldfish> "This thing cost 9 dollars, it must be valuable to them."
<Optimal> "Precisely."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Queen of the Fairies. Fairies, fairies…. Oberon and Titania…" Jacob paces. Roll academics to see if he can come up with anything?
<Sirgoldfish> "I am going to take a wild guess and say this has to do with the 'substance'." Dan never makes wild claims like this
<gumbal1> yeah
<ihp> 4df+4 please don't crit fail…
<Glacon> ihp: please don't crit fail…: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
<lurkd> 4df+4 perc
<Glacon> lurkd: perc: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
<Sirgoldfish> "Unseelie Queen is kind of like a queen of fairies?"
<gumbal1> Wasn't Titania traditionally the Seelie Queen? Not the Unseelie?
<Sirgoldfish> "She is a 'fae' after all."

  • SiGoldfishy has quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)

<ihp> Jacob frowns, looking at everyone. "…I'm going to the library. R.H., go with Pinkerton and make sure he doesn't get himself glassed."
<lurkd> "Glassed?"
<ihp> Jacob mimes someone taking a bottle and smashing it over someone else's head.
<Sirgoldfish> "The library seems like a good place to go."
<ihp> Jacob looks at Frederick. "To the library, both of us."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan carries the plant with him.
<Sirgoldfish> And follows Jacob.
<gumbal1> Anyone going to the library, go to tooltime
<gumbal1> Unless everyone is going to the library

  • Optimal has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)

<lurkd> "Alright… lead the way oh fearless leader."

  • Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.8985689A-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.8985689A-CRInys|nhoJ) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob leads the way to the library.
<ihp> He should remember the town well enough from last time.
<Sirgoldfish> "I think the role of court jester is more befitting of Jacob."
<Optimal> Frederick walks with.
<Sirgoldfish> "Mister, lets SMELL our way to the SCP."
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for something to hit Dan over the head with for that comment.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for something to hit Dan over the head with for that comment.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, +, 0)
<gumbal1> They walk to the library.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a discarded teddy bear on the street.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan enters the Library.
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the teddy bear, picking it up. ~Katie would have liked this… maybe.~ Jacob pockets it, just in case. He goes into the library following this.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes up to any librarian
<gumbal1> The librarian looks up.
<ihp> 4df+4 (Perception) Jacob looks around for any books involving fairies or cults.
<Glacon> ihp: (Perception) Jacob looks around for any books involving fairies or cults.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
<gumbal1> Jacob, the teddy bear is missing an eye.
<Optimal> Frederick is also in the library!
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a copy ogf the sam French book, in better condition.
<ihp> Jacob grins at this familiar book, and takes it, along with a French-to-English dictionary.
<Sirgoldfish> "Hello, I am theologist, and I was wondering if you had any information on local religions?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Any book would be nice."
<gumbal1> Jacob finds one.
<ihp> Jacob sits down and sets about to translating stuff regarding the unseelie queen, again. He skips over the parts he already knows…
<gumbal1> "Do you have any particular religion in mind?" The librarian stifles a yawn.
<ihp> Roll academics?
<gumbal1> Jacob, one part catches your eye. It's about animated cloth dolls with spindly black limbs that looks like a human when viewd directly.
<Sirgoldfish> "I have been hearing something about a unseelie queen."
<ihp> Jacob frowns at this part, looking for anything that might have their name or their weaknesses.
<ihp> I.e. if mirrors will allow him to see them.
<ihp> Or, say, glasses, which he is wearing.
<gumbal1> It alks about how they're identifiable through their reflections, or their appearence in photographs.
<lurkd> "…subtle…" *chuckle*
<Sirgoldfish> "So, do you have any books on the subject?"
<gumbal1> "Talk with Barney. He frequents this place. Or go ask that weird guy over there, he seems interested." She points to Jacob
<ihp> ~Weird guy?~ Jacob ignores this, looking for any way to defeat these dolls, should it be necessary.
<gumbal1> They're flammable
<ihp> ~That's useful.~ Jacob looks through the book some more; does anything else catch his eye?
<Sirgoldfish> "All right! One more thing." Dan brings out the plant. "Does this look familiar to you? I have not seen anything like it."

  • LemurLord is now known as LemurDinner

<gumbal1> It talks of seven more odd things. Incorporeal harpies, witches without the need to breathe, quadrupedal plague-spreaders, aquatic humanoids, a "Grand High Priestess", the Fault Entities, and pxies with simialr attributes to the fault entities.
<gumbal1> "Not really. Haven't seen it before."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods
<ihp> Jacob's attention is caught by the pixies and the grand high priestess. He takes out his notebook and copies down as much information from the book as he can.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes up to Jacob "What have you found? And would you like help searching."
<ihp> He hopes he isn't breaking any French plagiarism laws.
<ihp> "…dolls that look human if you look at them directly, unless they're in a reflection."
<ihp> "The entities we fought last time are in this book as well."
<gumbal1> The grand high priestess appears human, but possesses incredible strength. The pixies are apparently blue, small, and weak to iron, suagr, and magnesium fires.
<Optimal> "Wonderful."
<gumbal1> *sugar
<Optimal> (They're weak to suagr=swagger XD)
<Sirgoldfish> "Then we need to get a mirror."
<ihp> "…iron instead of silver, sugar instead of salt, and magnesium instead of incense."
<lurkd> "Hmmmm…"
<gumbal1> The pixies also possess the mind-affecting sound the entities have.
<Sirgoldfish> "Sugar?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at the non-breathing witches, copying down their entry last.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan smells the plant. "Do you think this would work."
<Sirgoldfish> The plant smells like sugar.
<ihp> He then looks at the title of the book, to see if he can requisition it at Site 19.
<lurkd> "What is it with you and that plant?"
<gumbal1> They look human, but a picture of one shows that it lacks lungs.
<ihp> "Clearly, the spores are affecting him."
<ihp> Jacob copies down the title of the book.
<Sirgoldfish> "Fine then I'll just break it."
<gumbal1> The Title is "La Lror"
<Sirgoldfish> "It smells like sugar, so I thought it would."
<gumbal1> Lror is not a typo
<gumbal1> Out of universe, anyways
<Sirgoldfish> "But if it is annoying you that much. I'll get rid of it."
<ihp> "…all right then." Jacob rubs his forehead. "…let's see if we can find anything about this 'cult' in the newspaper archives."
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+5 Dan goes off to find info on the cult in the newspaper section
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: Dan goes off to find info on the cult in the newspaper section: 7 (4df+5=+, +, -, +)
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for the newspaper section (perecption)
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for the newspaper section (perecption): 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> (LEL)
<gumbal1> Dan finds a paper from last Sunday, stating the one Barney Monroe noticed odd blue lights at a nearby abandoned factory.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds jack shit of interest, besides stuff about foggings.
<ihp> Jacob sighs. "Obsolete… you having better luck, Pinkerton?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Look over hear."
<Sirgoldfish> "Barney? The Librarian was mention him earlier."
<Optimal> Frederick looks at the paper as well.

  • You are now known as ProcyonGone

<ihp> Jacob frowns at the article, and starts looking around for Mr. Monroe.
<Sirgoldfish> "She was mentioning something about him frequenting this place. Could that be a coincidence?"
<gumbal1> A twitchy man sits at one of the tables, reading something.
<ihp> Presumably, there was a picture in the paper.
<gumbal1> HHe matches the image
<Optimal> "Coincidence? Not in this line of work."
<Sirgoldfish> "I think that is our guy."
<lurkd> "Probably."
<Sirgoldfish> "I am going to talk to him."
<ihp> Jacob walks over to Barney, the French book in hand, trying to see what he is reading.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes up to the Barney. "Hello, there good sir."

  • Atcero (ten.tsewq.ogrf.E09CD57A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsewq.ogrf.E09CD57A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> He looks at Dan.
<gumbal1> Jacob, he's readin A Midsummer Night's Dream

  • gumbal1 (retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug#retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug) has left #homeimprovement (Aaaaaaaand gone.)
  • gumbal1 (retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug#retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob smiles at him. "Shakespeare? Good taste, my man."
<gumbal1> He eyes Jacob, eventually settling his gaze on the French book.
<ihp> Jacob sits in front of Barney, opening to the passage about Pixies.
<Sirgoldfish> "I am writing a essay about strange occurrences in the U.S, and I was wondering about the blue lights. This news paper says you were there for the event."
<Sirgoldfish> "Would you mind an interview?"
<ihp> Jacob just /glares/ at Dan. Just…. /glares/.
<gumbal1> "You're interested, you folks, aren't you?"
<Sirgoldfish> Persuasion or bluff.
<Sirgoldfish> "Yes, I really need to get this paper done."
<gumbal1> "Very well."
<ihp> "…interested in the town, yes."
<Sirgoldfish> "So first of all, is this town known for strange things?"
<Optimal> Frederick pretends he's not with Dan.
<ihp> Jacob looks like he's about to bean Dan over the head with the book. :|
<gumbal1> "This town lives with strange things. they say it's just those satanists, but I know better."
<gumbal1> He eyes Fred. "You're with him, right? Why so shy?"
<Sirgoldfish> "What do you mean?" Dan acts clueless.
<Sirgoldfish> "What do you know better?"
<ihp> Jacob looks at Dan. ~Stop it with your inept con.~
<gumbal1> "Faeries. Ghosts. Pizza crooks."
<Optimal> "Huh? Oh, no. Looking for a book on plants."
<ihp> "…I was here during the ghosts," says Jacob. "I… helped stop them."
<gumbal1> He looks back at Fred. "For your boss here? Sure, sounds fine."
<Sirgoldfish> "Interesting, would you mind going on?"
<gumbal1> "This place attracts all sorts of the weird. Cultists have their hands in multiple spots. Some even think Mayor Craig consorted with them."
<gumbal1> "Well, former mayor. Someone shot him during the trial."
<gumbal1> "Hardly fit to be one now."
<Sirgoldfish> "Trial? What kind of trial?"
<gumbal1> "They thought he was a satanist. Seen him go to the orchard and factory outside the town."
<gumbal1> "Maybe he was a cultist. But they sure as Cain ain't worshipping Nick."
<ihp> ~Sure as Cain?~
<ihp> "…Nick?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "About the factory, you said you saw strange lights? Would you mind explaining?"
<gumbal1> "Old Nick. Satan. Belzebub. Rockerfeller."
<lurkd> "Rockerfeller?"
<gumbal1> "Aye. Strange, blue lights, lighting up the windows. Once it was purple."
<Sirgoldfish> "Do you think the lights could have to do with the mayor?"
<gumbal1> "Nah. Even after his…incident, they've been flashing."
<gumbal1> "Of course. Everyone knows John D. Rockerfeller was Satan."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "Anything else?"
<gumbal1> "Women have been acting odd of late. More cheerful, as if Saltville is actually a nice place to live."
<Sirgoldfish> "The town is not in the best of states. Are you sure there is nothing more on the blue lights."
<gumbal1> "My guess? They're fae. No human would enjoy living here."
<Sirgoldfish> "And could you tell me where this factory is?"
<gumbal1> "Blue lights happen at the factory, but occasional emenate from some of the plants ont he windows of houses."
<ihp> Jacob frowns, opening up to the passage about the cloth dolls. He then decides to look around for any women in the library.
<Sirgoldfish> "And, where is this factory?"
<gumbal1> "Outside of town, South entrance."
<gumbal1> One of them's listening intently to this conversation. She looks fascinated.
<Sirgoldfish> "Okay, is that is Billy?" Dan looks to Jacob
<ihp> Jacob looks at the woman from the corner of his eye.
<gumbal1> "Just told you. Outside the town's South entrance."
<Sirgoldfish> (Opps, sorry)
<gumbal1> She looks much paler when you do this.
<ihp> Jacob looks at her again; note that he's wearing glasses, if that counts as being 'indirect'.
<gumbal1> percep
<Optimal> 4df+6
<ihp> 4df+4 please don't give me -2
<Glacon> ihp: please don't give me -2: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
<Glacon> Optimal: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
<gumbal1> Just jacob
<Optimal> (sorry)
<gumbal1> Jacob, you don't notice much, and she's looking at you now.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan being sly lights a cigarette and points the reflective sliver lighter toward the woman. Testing the theory.
<Sirgoldfish> Precp?
<gumbal1> Dan, it's one of the cloth dolls.
<gumbal1> "Why are you staring?"
<Sirgoldfish> "Oh, no reason."
<ihp> Jacob gets up and walks towards the entrance.
<gumbal1> Jacob, your eyes stared so harge they slightly bulged
<gumbal1> *hard
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers into Jacob's and Fred's ear. "This woman is one of the dolls."
<Sirgoldfish> And H's ear
<ihp> "Thank you, Daniel, I kind of gathered that…" He taps the side of his face and whispers back, going to Fred and R.H.
<Optimal> "Understood."
<ihp> "We're leaving."
<Optimal> "Sure thing."
<gumbal1> "Talk to yah soon." Barney waves back
<Sirgoldfish> "Bye, Barney."

  • Proto_Lost (~PI.BB7E9F93.D5CD8115.506F9659|alliztahc#PI.BB7E9F93.D5CD8115.506F9659|alliztahc) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob walks out the front door, heading back to the town square.
<Sirgoldfish> They leave?
<ihp> He looks for more of the dolls out of the corners of his eyes. Perception again?
<gumbal1> You head back to town swaure. The couple is gone, and the flower stand girls look at the jeep.
<gumbal1> The flower stand girls look much paler when you do this.
<Optimal> Frederick follows, noticing the flower girls.
<ihp> Can Jacob try to see the girls for what they are?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan uses the same strategy on the flower girls lighting the cigarette.
<Sirgoldfish> precep?

  • ZombieRaptor (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.E0381A08-CRInys|paReibmoZ#moc.rr.ser.xtas.E0381A08-CRInys|paReibmoZ) has joined #homeimprovement

<gumbal1> Dan, they're cloth dolls, too.
<ihp> 4df+4 Glacon, I will kiss you if you do this right.
<Glacon> ihp: Glacon, I will kiss you if you do this right.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
<gumbal1> Jacob, you notice the paleness as well.
<Sirgoldfish> He whispers to the group. "Looks like, all the girls are dolls."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Thank you, Daniel." He looks at everyone. "We've already exposed ourselves; we can't afford to do it anymore."
<ihp> "We walk."
<gumbal1> To where?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks with Jacob. "To the factory, yes?"
<Sirgoldfish> He whispers.
<ihp> Jacob is saying all of this in a hushed voice. "We walk to the /north/ of town, yes." Jacob pretends to have dust in his eye as he winks.
<Optimal> "I was thinking the same as well."
<Sirgoldfish> "All right, Fred?"
<Optimal> "Yes?"
<Sirgoldfish> They walk to the factory?
<ihp> Jacob makes them take the most circuitous route.
<gumbal1> If they head North, they're going away fromt he factory
<ihp> (He's saying they head north when they're really heading south)
<Sirgoldfish> Dan leaves the plant in the jeep.
<ihp> (He knows people are probably listening)
<gumbal1> Dan, agility
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this does not involve dodging
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this does not involve dodging: 6 (4df+6=+, +, -, -)
<gumbal1> 4df+4 They know
<Glacon> gumbal1: They know: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
<gumbal1> You deftly dodge a burst of ink from under the car
<Sirgoldfish> "OH, god!"
<ihp> Jacob looks like he's about ready to deck Dan in the face.
<Sirgoldfish> He leaves the plant in the jeep.
<Sirgoldfish> He goes the other group mates. "We should call the site. We need replacement vehicles."
<gumbal1> The jeep is fine
<Sirgoldfish> redact
<gumbal1> The pass through town, eventually finding getting to the South town exit
<Sirgoldfish> "They know, guys."
<gumbal1> They make it to the factory. There is a door at the front.
<ihp> Jacob glares at Dan. "Of course they know. You know why they know?" He says in a hushed voice. "It's because you decided to just start talking to Barney in front of people."
<Sirgoldfish> "HEY you wanna go somewhere private with strangers who you have never met?"
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks around for a rock.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks around for a rock.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
<gumbal1> How loud are they talking?
<ihp> Hushed voices.
<Sirgoldfish> Hushed
<gumbal1> Jacob finds a piece of metal pipe
<Optimal> Irritated hushed voices.
<Sirgoldfish> "You're a socially inept clown, Jacob."
<Sirgoldfish> "Now lets go."
<gumbal1> The pipe is titanium, for some reason. Who even uses that metal?

  • Sypher (ten.tsacmoc.ro.1dsh.A431E6AE-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.ro.1dsh.A431E6AE-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Jacob frowns at the pipe. ~Not iron…~
<ihp> Ar there windows in the factory?
<gumbal1> Yep
<gumbal1> You see the occasions glowing ball of light
<Sirgoldfish> "Wow."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks for a way in precp+urbansubterfuge?
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob crouches and tries to look in the window.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob crouches and tries to look in the window.: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
<gumbal1> Dan finds a back door, slightly ajar.
<gumbal1> The windows are too high up, Jacob
<ihp> Redact.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…who here is light on their feet?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan steps up.
<Sirgoldfish> "Why?"
<gumbal1> The door leads to a crowded storage room, witha door leading somewhere farther in
<ihp> "Because I have two left feet, and I don't want to expose us."
<Optimal> "Not me. I believed I've proved that one."
<Sirgoldfish> Can Dan try to climb to get a better look in the window?
<gumbal1> yes
<ihp> "…actually…"
<ihp> Can Jacob try to look for an open window and a ladder?
<gumbal1> Jacob can. Probs in the storage room Dan found.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+8 urban subterfuge+agility Dan climbs to look in the window
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: urban subterfuge+agility Dan climbs to look in the window: 10 (4df+8=0, +, +, 0)
<ihp> 4df+4 Jacob looks in the storage room for a ladder.
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob looks in the storage room for a ladder.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
<gumbal1> Dan deftly climbs upa window.
<gumbal1> Pause for descrip
<gumbal1> also jacob find s aladder
<gumbal1> Dan can see that, inside, much of the factor has been converted into a growing area for many odd blue plants. Milling about the factory floor are people, mostly women. At one area, a woman is tied up and put under two spotliughts. She's glowing slightly purple.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Wow~
<gumbal1> Dan can also see walkways above the groundfloor.
<gumbal1> Most connected to staircases
<ihp> Jacob brings the ladder to the window. "…what do you see?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes to Jacob and Fred. He describes what is going on.
<gumbal1> Jacob sees the same, except he's in the position to spot a lone sentinel on the walkway, probably passed out drunk.
<Sirgoldfish> Are these plants the same ones Dan bought?
<gumbal1> Considering the bottles of wine around her.
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the sentinel. Can he open the window?
<gumbal1> Some are, and most aren't.
<gumbal1> Strength, Jacob
<ihp> :(
<ihp> 4df+2 dammit.
<Glacon> ihp: dammit.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> (PWHAHA)
<gumbal1> Jacob fails to open the window.
<Optimal> "Jesus. Should we try and slip inside?"
<gumbal1> Does Dan try to open it?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan holds in laughter.
<gumbal1> Dan, mdef
<Sirgoldfish> "I think Jacob has the right idea."
<ihp> Jacob tries to put a hand over Dan's mouth.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive.
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
<gumbal1> Dan stifles the laugh.
<Sirgoldfish> "Get your fingers off of me."
<gumbal1> Does Jacob want to take ten ont he window?
<Sirgoldfish> (NERD)
<ihp> If he can.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 partial tagging urban subterfuge Dan tries to to what Jacob did
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: partial tagging urban subterfuge Dan tries to to what Jacob did: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
<gumbal1> With much struggle, Jacob manages to open the widnow with his nerd arms. He fins in leads right to one of the walkways.
<Sirgoldfish> except less falling
<gumbal1> Dan, roll agility
<Optimal> "Are we all going in?"
<ihp> Jacob crouches and crawls on the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+4
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> Should I add urban subterfuge?
<gumbal1> Dan opens it, and losses his grip a bit.
<gumbal1> He almost falls off and shatters his ass.
<gumbal1> Roll agility to climb into the window, Dan.
<gumbal1> Jacob is now inside the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> 4d+4
<gumbal1> The sneinel appears to be snoring.
<Sirgoldfish> 4df_4
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+4
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
<gumbal1> *sentinel
<gumbal1> Dan barely crawls inside
<ihp> Jacob tries to get his belt off and gag the sentinel, in case she wakes up.
<Optimal> Should Fred try to crawl inside?
<gumbal1> What does he use for the job?
<ihp> His belt? >_>
<Sirgoldfish> Dan could help Fred up?
<gumbal1> Like, stuffing the thing down her mouth?
<ihp> …I was thinking more "ball gag".
<gumbal1> What's the ball?
<ihp> The belt buckle.
<Optimal> Nah. Frederick just waits outside. He is afraid he might alert someone.

  • Wogglebug (ainavlyselggoW.ellivselggoW.grebelggoW|gubelggoW#ainavlyselggoW.ellivselggoW.grebelggoW|gubelggoW) has joined #homeimprovement
  • ChanServ gives channel operator status to Wogglebug

<gumbal1> Roll agility, Jacob.
<ihp> 4df+3 oh lord this is gonna suck.
<Glacon> ihp: oh lord this is gonna suck.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, 0, -)
<ihp> …I just /love/ this bot.
<gumbal1> She wakes, and is slightly daze. "who…are you?"
<ihp> Jacob stares. ~Shit…~ " He tries looking at her out of the corner of his eye.
<gumbal1> She's normal. Just piss drunk, it appears.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "What are you doing here?" He whispers.
<Sirgoldfish> Where can Dan walk to?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks to Jacob?
<gumbal1> "I should ask you? Shouldn't you be ceremony for the waiting? Was that today?"
<ihp> Jacob mimes at Dan to /get the fuck down before he's spoted/.
<ihp> "…I just got transferred here from Thorson's Falls."
<ihp> Jacob looks for a non-empty bottle of wine.
<gumbal1> "A Unity convert, eh? Nice to meet you."
<gumbal1> She slowly stands up and puts out her hand. "Rachel Clotter."
<gumbal1> Jacob finds one.
<ihp> ~Okay, she fell for it.~ "Yeah, I thought that the Queen was a better option." He looks over the balcony at the woman, and hands a bottle of wine to her. "So… these plants are all Titania's Roots?"
<gumbal1> "yeah. that bitch trapped the fun pixie things in the plants, and when the queen comes out, she'll assign everyon a plant."
<gumbal1> "i hope i get that neat flower one."
<ihp> "…when she comes out of the girl over there?" He points to the sacrifice, or who he assumes is the sacrifice.
<gumbal1> "say, have you been cleared with the headcounter yet? i could put in a good word."
<gumbal1> "you're a smart one, aren't you. yeah, her."
<ihp> "…I was cleared with him, yeah." He looks at the sacrifice out of the corner of his eye.
<ihp> ~Why is she glowing? Is it just the lights?~
<ihp> (gumbal1?)
<gumbal1> "say, which division were you guys placed. i'm in the 8s."
<Sirgoldfish> I assume Dan is listening into the conversation.
<ihp> ~Eights? Um…~ Jacob decides to pick a number below eight. "6s."
<gumbal1> "bless your souls, you have to deal with those mudsticks." She points to something on the ground floor that isn't there
<ihp> Jacob nods… "We heard something about some… non-members who were trying to stop this. We need to know what we have to do to stop them from stopping this… if that makes sense." He smiles at Rachel
<gumbal1> "say, were your uniforms too itchy or something? you dont have them"
<gumbal1> "just keep the gal safe."
<ihp> Jacob nods. "Make sure she doesn't die before all of this is done? And to answer your question… they were out of uniforms." He looks at her and bites his lip. "Sorry to ask, but can I borrow yours? I don't want to be caught out of it."
<gumbal1> "eh, eagle feathers are hard to come by." She stops and furrows her brow. "why do you need mine? I could, you know, get some for you, but they'd be 8s."
<ihp> Jacob realizes his flub and shakes his head. "Nevermind. I'll check with the head of the 6's. Thanks for your help." He looks at the wine and thinks of something…
<ihp> Jacob stands up and walks over to Dan, writing out on his notepad: ~We need to stop the girl from being sacrificed. I think.~
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods, and writes ~I was listening~
<Sirgoldfish> ~Do you have any plans on doing this?~
<ihp> ~Good. So…~ Jacob looks around, and says, "Make sure not to burn anything down, okay? We don't want those non-members getting in."
<gumbal1> "sacrafice starts at 9, man. tell your friend"
<ihp> Jacob nods at Rachel, and writes, ~9:00. So…~ He looks at the girl again. Re-describe what she looks like?
<Sirgoldfish> ~Guns blazing is not an option. perhaps luring some of the workers out?~
<ihp> The sacrifice, I mean.
<Sirgoldfish> He was listening he knows the gist of the situation
<ihp> Jacob looks around for any members of the factory that aren't women… also where's Frederick?
<gumbal1> She seems to be in her early twenties, brunette, and obviously scared.

<Optimal> Fred is standing outside, keeping watch.
<gumbal1> There's some men on the groundfloor.
<ihp> Jacob paces, and looks at the men. ~Let's take their uniforms.~
<Optimal> Outside?
<ihp> ~I'll let you handle it, Pinkerton. As I said, I have lead feet.~ Inside.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Great minds think alike.~ He nods.
<gumbal1> What looks to be one of the cultists ascends the stairs to the walkway.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan pulls out two rags one for him and the other for Jacob he puts a liquid on each of the rags. Dan writes ~It is chloroform~
<ihp> Jacob nods, and takes the rag.
<Sirgoldfish> ~Use at your own discretion~
<Sirgoldfish> So, is there any locker rooms?
<Sirgoldfish> *Visible locker rooms
<ihp> There's a uniformed cultist going up the stairs, I'm assuming they're uniformed.
<gumbal1> She walks up to Jacob. Her uniform exposes her stomach, which appears to be exposed to the air and hollowed out of all organs, save for a tiny ball fo flesh attatcheted to several wire things.. *throat clear*
<gumbal1> "What are you doing out of uniform?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan is stoned face, but he baby vomits.
<Sirgoldfish> Are the women wearing the same outfits as the men?
<ihp> ~…oh shit.~ "It was damaged. I was trying to find a new one, but I got lost. Just transferred from Thorson's Falls you see; not familiar with this place yet."
<gumbal1> The outfits vary, presumabnly according to division.
<gumbal1> "Oh really? And why is the window open? We told you idiots not to screw with them."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Not entirely sure. Maybe Rachel opened it to throw up? She's stone-faced drunk." He goes over and closes the window.
<gumbal1> "Ugh, her. No idea why she's in my division. Now, what division are you in again?"
<ihp> "6s."
<Sirgoldfish> "6s"
<gumbal1> She stops frowning. "Alright then, hold on a minute."
<ihp> Jacob swallows. ~There…. was nothing I could see when she pointed to the 6s.~
<gumbal1> She descends the stairs
<Optimal> Fred notices the window close.
<ihp> …Fred wasn't inside? >_>
<Optimal> No. Like I said, he outside standing guard.
<gumbal1> Fred may have been looking at the window from the ground.
<Optimal> ^
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers to Jacob. "Should we bring him in?"
<gumbal1> She comes back with two robes. There appear to be hawk feathers sewn into the insides. "Put these on."
<ihp> "Too late," Jacob whispers back.
<ihp> Jacob nods, and takes the robes, smiling at her. "Thank you, Madam."
<Sirgoldfish> "Thanks you so much. Keep up the good work.'
<gumbal1> She storms off after leaving the robes with them. "Idiot mundanes…"
<ihp> "How long until 9:00? We should probably get into positions, shouldn't we?"
<gumbal1> 14 minutes
<Sirgoldfish> *gulp*
<ihp> Jacob looks at the girl who's the sacrifice. ~I hope we can save her.~
<ihp> He starts down the stairs, and looks for the supply cupboard.
<gumbal1> Jacob finds once near the bottom.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan walks down with him.
<ihp> Jacob gives a sharp rap on the door that Fred can hopefully hear.
<gumbal1> As he goes near the supply cabinet, he is accousted by a fellow 6. "Hey, how'd you do that? You just walked through one of them."
<gumbal1> "It was cool, but odd."
<ihp> Jacob blinks. "…we're new converts. Used to be Unity."
<Optimal> Fred turns around at the knock on the door. He quickly runs and hides somewhere, expecting someone to come out.
<gumbal1> "But you're a 6. Surely you saw the Harpy?"

  • Denied_Existence has quit (Ping timeout: 188 seconds)

<Sirgoldfish> "I just joined, but could you remind me about the harpy?" Persuasion bluff?
<ihp> "I saw her. But they're /incorporeal/, aren't they?" Jacob remembers what he read in the book.
<Sirgoldfish> *so could you
<gumbal1> "Oh, so if you think that, it becomes true? Cool!"
<gumbal1> He walks off, leaving the supply cabinet to you.
<ihp> Jacob wipes his brow, and looks at Dan. "Go get Frederick. We need a distraction, see if we can delay this."
<gumbal1> He bumps into something invisible. "But i believed…eh, i'll try again."
<Sirgoldfish> Fred is hiding though.
<ihp> Jacob groans, looking at the sacrifice. ~Eight minutes… shit.~
<gumbal1> Fred, nobody comes out,
<ihp> Jacob opens the supply closet.
<Sirgoldfish> So, can Dan just walk out and get Dan?
<gumbal1> Jacob, among other useless shit is a bag of white stuff. On it is a ntoe to "throw out later"
<Sirgoldfish> *Fred
<ihp> Jacob frowns at the white stuff. Science to identify?
<gumbal1> The bag is rather heavy and conspicouos.
<gumbal1> It looks like either salt or sugar.
<ihp> Jacob sticks his finger in and tastes it.
<gumbal1> It's sugar.
<Sirgoldfish> gumbal1? Can Dan get Fred?
<gumbal1> Yes
<Sirgoldfish> "I know what could clear this place out."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes out to find Fred.
<ihp> Jacob grins, and takes several handfuls of sugar, stuffing it into his pockets under the robe with some difficulty. "Don't. We have sugar. Put it on the roots."
<Optimal> Fred looks up. After seeing that no one came out, he heads back to the door.
<Optimal> And sees Dan.

  • Wogglebug is now known as Wogglebugout

<ihp> Jacob looks at Fred. "We have sugar! Get as much of it as you can and find some way to put it on the roots!" He says all of this in a hushed tone.
<Sirgoldfish> "Fred, I need you to yell. 'The Whale king is coming' as loud as you can."
<Sirgoldfish> "We need you as a distraction…."
<Optimal> "Shall I flail my arms as well?"
<Optimal> "And run in circles?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods "Yes, say he is attacking the town."
<ihp> "Yes, just do whatever!" Jacob stats sprinkling sugar over the roots as best as he can, trying to be inconspicuous.
<Sirgoldfish> "Lure them all to town, WE ONLY HAVE THREE MINUTES."
<Optimal> "Gotcha."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan says sharply
<Sirgoldfish> "Do it now."
<Sirgoldfish> Two minutes
<Optimal> Fred erupts in a series of screams. "THE WHALE KING IS COMING! THE WHALE KING IS COMING!"
<gumbal1> The plants glow much less.
<Optimal> "HOLY SHIT THE WHALE KING IS ATTACKING THE TOWN!"
<gumbal1> The cultists turn, then make their way to Fred

  • You are now known as ProcyonLotor

<ihp> Jacob does this as many times as he can in the two minutes provided, while everyone is distracted.
<Sirgoldfish> "Run."

  • You are now known as ProcyonGone

<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes to hide.
<gumbal1> The sacrifice starts squirming

  • You are now known as ProcyonLotor

<ihp> Jacob looks at the sacrifice. ~…oh dear.~ Has everyone cleared out?
<Optimal> Frederick runs towards town. "OH MY GOD, THERE'S A GIANT FUCKING WHALE ATTACKING THE TOWN!"
<gumbal1> yep
<ihp> Jacob goes up to the sacrifice and tries to untie her.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan yells to the side. "ARM YOUR SELVES!"
<gumbal1> The cultists look at the town
<gumbal1> The clock strikes 8
<gumbal1> *9
<ihp> "Run. Run as fast as you can, we only have a minute."
<Optimal> "FOLLOW ME! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS SHIT!"
<ihp> "…shit."
<gumbal1> She starts running, before falling down in pain.
<ihp> "…oh no. Oh no oh no oh _no_.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan goes into the factory. "What do you need me to do!"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen starts growing larger
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks to Jacob.
<ihp> "Oh _fuck!_"
<ihp> Jacob stares, and tries to shove sugar down her torat.
<ihp> Throat*
<ihp> It's the only thing he can think of.
<Optimal> Frederick is running into town, presumably with everyone following him.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan tries to chloroform the sacrifice.
<gumbal1> It stops just befor eher abdomen bursts, but she's passed out from the trauma.
<Sirgoldfish> He shoves more sugar down her throat.
<Optimal> "THE WHALE KING IS COMING! SONG HIM SONGS! ILL START! HURDURDURDURHERDEDUR!!!!"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen glows bright purple
<ihp> Jacob pants. "…oh god no."
<gumbal1> The cultists look at Fred with confusion
<Sirgoldfish> "Should we kill her?"
<gumbal1> Her abdomen begins bleeding, as if cut by something from the inside.
<Sirgoldfish> "I refuse to a the executioner again."
<gumbal1> "What re you on, man?" Asks a male cultist to Fred
<Sirgoldfish> "Jacob…."
<Optimal> "YOU GUYS AREN'T SINGING! SING BEFORE HE KILLS US WITH HIS KING FLIPPERS!!!"
<ihp> Jacob lifts up his section of titanium piping, before lowering it. "…the best we can do now is get sugar on all the plants."
<gumbal1> the force of the blow forces something purple outside of her abdomen. It screams. mdef
<ihp> 4df+4 craaap
<Glacon> ihp: craaap: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
<ihp> CRAP
<Optimal> "What am I own? WHAT ARE YOU ON?!?!?! THERE'S A GIANT FUCKING WHALE DOING MAGIC ON THE PIZZERIA!!!"
<Optimal> *on
<gumbal1> 4df+5 OH GOD THE WHALELORDS
<Glacon> gumbal1: OH GOD THE WHALELORDS: 3 (4df+5=-, -, 0, 0)
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+6 minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: minus that by two if this is not mentally invasive: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)

  • Wogglebugout is now known as Wogglebug

<gumbal1> Jacob, rmember the Slatville ghosts? This sounds 9 times as horrible. -1 mind, a headache, and a nosebleed.
<Sirgoldfish> (ALL PRAISE GLACON JESUS)
<Optimal> "SING HIM SONGS OF TANKARDS AND KRILL!!!"
<ihp> Jacob grunts at this, clutching his head. The cold metal pipe next to it is soothing, at least. He wipes his nosebleed. "…oh jesus."
<gumbal1> Dan suddenly, for a brief moment, transcends this earth and has a vision of God. God appears to be smoking a joint and listening to music, before the vision stops.
<gumbal1> The thing crawls over to Jacob, screaming at him in French.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan makes a circle of sugar around the sacrifice.
<ihp> Jacob tries to throw more sugar on it.
<gumbal1> It looks vaguely insectine, but you can't tell
<gumbal1> It curls into a basll and shrieks in pain
<Optimal> "Dance with meh!" Fred does a hearty jig in the town square while singing the song from the jeep earlier.
<gumbal1> The cultists reetner the factory
<Optimal> "CLICKITY CLACKITY OR SOMETHIN LIKE THATERY!"
<gumbal1> Was Jacob still throwing sugar after the scream?
<ihp> He was not.
<Optimal> "Hey, where are you guys going?!?!"
<gumbal1> They look at Jacob. "…what has become of our beautiful queen?"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan made a circle of sugar around the sacrifice.
<Optimal> "DAMMIT COME BACK HERE!"
<Sirgoldfish> Dan pulls out his silver lighter.
<Sirgoldfish> "COME THE FUCK HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS."
<ihp> Jacob points at Dan. "He defiled her! He defiled our beauteous queen!" ~Sorry about this, Pinkerton…~
<gumbal1> "What happened with the sugar? Why are the plants so sleepy? Why isn't our queen beautiful?"
<gumbal1> Dan, you see a thousand eyes turn to you, or maybe less, but still a fuckton.
<ihp> "He grabbed the sugar and spread it around the plants! He used it on the queen too!" He spits in Dan's direction. "Heretic!"
<gumbal1> Dan, agility
<Sirgoldfish> "This asshole fucked shit up!" Dan points to Jacob. "I have seen god!"
<gumbal1> redact
<gumbal1> They turn to Jacob.
<Sirgoldfish> "But he is merely a pawn! This was the act of the whale king!"
<Optimal> Frederick runs back to the factory after he sees everyone left his sideshow.
<gumbal1> "Why would you do this? This goes beyond simple heresy…"
<Sirgoldfish> "We must find him, and make him pay for what he has done to our queen."
<ihp> "It is he who is the pawn!" He point at Dan. "What reason would I have to defile O Great Titania (forgive me for speaking your name)?"
<gumbal1> "Oh…" One of the hollowed stomach ones steps forward. "Allow me."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks to Jacob. "Do not hurt him. for he is a pawn, and deserves mercy!"
<gumbal1> "No. Not the Whale King. That tyrant Titania…"
<ihp> Jacob hopes to /fuck/- oh. Oh shit. He… got the religions mixed up.
<gumbal1> The hollowed stomach one looks at Dan, her hands suddenly glowing blue. "And why not?"
<ihp> Jacob tries to take up the queen while people are distracted with Dan.
<Sirgoldfish> "Why not what? Hurt the poor man he was controlled! He wants vengeance along with us!"
<gumbal1> Jacob, pdef
<ihp> 4df+3 welp. I'm dead.
<Glacon> ihp: welp. I'm dead.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
<gumbal1> 4df+6 IMMA BITE YOU
<Glacon> gumbal1: IMMA BITE YOU: 5 (4df+6=-, -, +, 0)
<ihp> Jacob's hands probably still have sugar on them.
<gumbal1> It bites down hard on your hand. -2 body
<ihp> Because it's sticky like that.
<gumbal1> It screams and falls off.
<Sirgoldfish> Persuasion, so they don't hurt Jacob?
<gumbal1> Sure
<gumbal1> "How do you know this., brother?"
<Sirgoldfish> 4df+9 "We must not make the enslaved suffer!"
<Glacon> Sirgoldfish: "We must not make the enslaved suffer!": 8 (4df+9=0, 0, 0, -)
<Sirgoldfish> "We are better then any tyrant or whale king!"
<gumbal1> 4df+4 Hang the weakminded high!
<Glacon> gumbal1: Hang the weakminded high!: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)

  • Wogglebug is now known as Wogglebugout

<gumbal1> "…you're right, then." She turns to Jacob. "But to regain your status, you must performa simple task."
<ihp> Jacob looks at the hollow-chested woman. "Anything to regain status with the Unseelie Queen."
<ihp> He tries to put on his best glazed look in his eyes.
<gumbal1> "To regain your standing with Lror, you must find the four interlopers in town and kill them."
<Sirgoldfish> ~FUCK~

  • LemurDinner is now known as LemurLord

<gumbal1> "We know not what they look like, but you can ask aroudn town. It is reccomended you steal their jeep before they can escape."
<Sirgoldfish> "But isn't the queen more important than vengeance? I know of a group of followers who want the queen returned to her hold status! Please let her with us>"
<Optimal> Frederick is hiding outside of the door, listening into the hulabaloo.
<ihp> Jacob nods. "…I shall. Praise Lror."
<gumbal1> "They left the keys in, but our dutiful cloth servants can't drive, unfortunately."
<Sirgoldfish> "I can drive!"
<gumbal1> "The queen will stay with us until we can find those interlopers."
<Sirgoldfish> Roll persuasion? to see if they let us take the plants and queen?
<gumbal1> It's in the factory.
<Sirgoldfish> "But don't you want the queen to be her beautiful self?"
<ihp> "May we at least take some of the roots? I have a colleague who is a botanist, and he is an adherent. He may be able to nurse them back to health."
<gumbal1> "The queen will progress naturally with us. We have done our part, and it is time to do yours. You may take some roots with you, if you haven't destroyed them thoroughly."
<ihp> Jacob pales as he realizes something: /Dan Had One Of The Roots In The Car./
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods.
<ihp> Jacob takes up some of the healthier-looking roots and bows in thanks to the cult, before heading out the back door.
<Sirgoldfish> (Oh, bacon tits on fucking mars.)
<Sirgoldfish> (We could be fucked.)
<Optimal> Frederick backs up around the corner of the building before any of them come outside.
<Sirgoldfish> Dan nods. "Shall we go Billy?" Dan looks to Jacob.
<gumbal1> The queen shouts something in apparent anger, but it is only gibbrish, the product of excess emotion.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. ~Why does he keep calling me Billy?~ He heads out, making his way across town, back to the jeep.
<gumbal1> "My Queen, please be silent. They mean no harm."
<Optimal> Fred follows in the shadows.
<Optimal> Unless it's just them.
<Sirgoldfish> "Oh, one more thing. The whale king has found a avatar, you may want to deal with that."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan leaves with Jacob
<Sirgoldfish> ~I can't wait to see a cult fight.~
<gumbal1> "Our Queen has found hers. I'm sure we can deal witha lowly scoundrel like the Scarlet Brother."
<ihp> Jacob goes to the jeep; he looks in the windows. Is there anything in there?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan looks at his plant.
<gumbal1> The plant is. It looks slightly more blue than before.
<Sirgoldfish> Is it normal?
<Sirgoldfish> Dan takes the plant.
<Sirgoldfish> "I will be taking care of this."
<ihp> Jacob nurses his bleeding hand as he climbs in the passenger seat.
<Optimal> Frederick appears coming out of an alley.
<Optimal> "So did you guys have a fun time?"
<ihp> Jacob sighs. "We failed. We didn't stop a cult from resurrecting its god."
<ihp> "Or 'queen'."
<Optimal> "That wasn't our mission though, was it? The mission was to grab the substance."
<Optimal> "We do have the substance right?"
<Sirgoldfish> "We slowed them. We could send solders to deal with them."
<Sirgoldfish> "The god is not well, we have given the foundation space to strike them."

  • Wogglebugout is now known as Wogglebug

<Sirgoldfish> "This was a success as far as I am concerned."
<gumbal1> Do they drive back?
<ihp> Jacob sighs, rubbing his hand. "Let's just… get home."
<Sirgoldfish> Dan drives them back. "I don't want you to get hurt."
<gumbal1> Dan drives them back to #origins-ic2

Tooltime:
Mar 07 17:30:46 <Sirgoldfish> Dan goes up to the flower stand waiting to be tended to.
Mar 07 17:30:48 <Optimal> Fred arrives at the flower stand.
Mar 07 17:31:08 <Sirgoldfish> Is anyone there?
Mar 07 17:31:16 <gumbal1> Two young women are cheerfully attending the stand.
Mar 07 17:31:39 <gumbal1> "Hello! Good day." The blonde one says.
Mar 07 17:32:11 <Optimal> "Hello! Hey, by any chance do you have any Jurema Preta?"
Mar 07 17:32:24 <Sirgoldfish> "Hello, were tourist from out of, and I was looking to buy some flowers."
Mar 07 17:32:54 <Sirgoldfish> "I also would like to know if you guys know anything odd that has been going on around town."
Mar 07 17:32:58 <Sirgoldfish> ?
Mar 07 17:33:10 <gumbal1> "What kind of flowers do you want, kind customer?" says the brunette one
Mar 07 17:33:51 <Optimal> "I've heard it was rare but, I would love a set of Jurema Preta."
Mar 07 17:33:59 <Sirgoldfish> Dan throws 10 bucks onto the counter (90 dollars present time.)
Mar 07 17:34:11 <Sirgoldfish> "What can I buy with this?"
Mar 07 17:34:19 <gumbal1> The brunette one stops. "…I'm sorry, we don't have those."
Mar 07 17:34:31 <Optimal> "Ah, darn…"
Mar 07 17:35:06 <gumbal1> Blonde: "Well. This!" She places an odd plant that looks more like a flattened mushroom.
Mar 07 17:35:07 <Sirgoldfish> "So, has anything odd been going on? I am sorry, but I just love to here about this kind of stuff."
Mar 07 17:35:23 <Sirgoldfish> Is it pretty?
Mar 07 17:35:34 <gumbal1> blonde: "Not much!"
Mar 07 17:35:44 <gumbal1> Depends. It's tinged blue.
Mar 07 17:36:07 <Sirgoldfish> "How about roses?"
Mar 07 17:36:08 <Optimal> "What is this called? I like it."
Mar 07 17:36:30 * padri is now known as padinner
Mar 07 17:36:33 <Sirgoldfish> Dan makes a connection.
Mar 07 17:36:48 <Sirgoldfish> "I'll by the mushroom plant and roses please."
Mar 07 17:37:29 <gumbal1> Brunnette: "It's a Root of Titania, one of the most beautiful plants found on Earth. It costs 9 dollars."
Mar 07 17:37:51 <gumbal1> Blonde: "And 1 for roses!" she brings up a boquet.
Mar 07 17:38:03 <Sirgoldfish> Dan puts down the money for Titania and roses.
Mar 07 17:38:15 <Optimal> "Root of Titania. A beautiful name for a beautiful plant."
Mar 07 17:38:38 <Sirgoldfish> "So, this root of Titania. That sounds like a very storied plant."
Mar 07 17:38:48 <Sirgoldfish> "Who was Titania?"
Mar 07 17:38:48 * LemurLord (ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #tooltime
Mar 07 17:38:52 * LemurLord (ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM) has left #tooltime
Mar 07 17:38:54 <gumbal1> Brunette: "It is quite beautiful, isn't it."
Mar 07 17:39:02 <gumbal1> percep
Mar 07 17:39:08 <Sirgoldfish> 4df+5
Mar 07 17:39:08 <Glacon> Sirgoldfish: 5 (4df+5=+, -, -, +)
Mar 07 17:39:15 <Sirgoldfish> ICall
Mar 07 17:39:16 <Optimal> 4df+6
Mar 07 17:39:16 <Glacon> Optimal: 7 (4df+6=-, +, +, 0)
Mar 07 17:40:06 <gumbal1> Frederick, both of them very slightly wince.
Mar 07 17:40:53 <Optimal> Fred notices with a bit of curiosity. That's not a normal reaction for a plant question.
Mar 07 17:41:01 <Sirgoldfish> Dan repeats. "So, who was Titania?"
Mar 07 17:41:28 <Sirgoldfish> Dan presumably takes the plants after giving the money
Mar 07 17:41:34 <gumbal1> "…well, haven't you read Shakespeare?"
Mar 07 17:41:49 * Daedalus (~moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj#moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj) has joined #tooltime
Mar 07 17:41:50 <gumbal1> Fred, her voice shows the slightest tinge of suspect
Mar 07 17:42:44 <gumbal1> "Titania was the queen of the fey."
Mar 07 17:43:07 <Sirgoldfish> "I doubt it is named after that, but if you having nothing to say, I am going to take my purchases and leave." Dan says this looking insulted
Mar 07 17:43:25 <Optimal> Fred covertly whispers in Dan's ear. "Seeming off. Might suspect."
Mar 07 17:44:00 <Sirgoldfish> Dan whispers back. "Should we leave."
Mar 07 17:44:01 <Optimal> "…Caution"
Mar 07 17:44:02 <Sirgoldfish> ?
Mar 07 17:44:33 <Optimal> "Tone down on questions."
Mar 07 17:44:33 <gumbal1> Are either of your characters wearing glasses?
Mar 07 17:44:45 <Sirgoldfish> "Well, I think that is everything we need, right?" Dan looks to Fred
Mar 07 17:44:53 <Sirgoldfish> Not Dan.
Mar 07 17:45:04 <Optimal> Nope.
Mar 07 17:45:24 * padinner has quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
Mar 07 17:45:30 <gumbal1> Then nothing happens.
Mar 07 17:45:30 <Optimal> "Yep, I'm good."
Mar 07 17:46:06 * LemurLord (ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.nozirev.soif.jnndmc.6ED07E52-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #tooltime
Mar 07 17:46:44 <gumbal1> If they go back, return to #hoem improvement
Mar 07 17:46:44 <Sirgoldfish> Dan exits the store, and signs to Fred that he wants to talk to him.
Mar 07 17:47:24 <Optimal> Fred goes to Dan and raises eyebrows.
Mar 07 17:47:41 <Sirgoldfish> "I think we should visit the library quickly, and then return to the group."
Mar 07 17:47:56 <Sirgoldfish> "Or maybe we should show this weird plant to the others."
Mar 07 17:48:30 <Optimal> "Hm… Both are good ideas. I think we should report the plant first."
Mar 07 17:48:42 <Sirgoldfish> Dan nods.
Mar 07 17:48:55 <Sirgoldfish> Dan smells the plant quickly.
Mar 07 17:49:10 <gumbal1> It smells sugary
Mar 07 17:49:19 <Sirgoldfish> "hmm, that is odd."
Mar 07 17:49:31 <Sirgoldfish> Dan goes off to find the others.
Mar 07 17:49:42 <Optimal> Fred follows/

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License