Spiders, Libraries, and Lexicons

<ShotgunFiend>: Matt goes to the motorpool. He wonders if they'll give him a rifle beforehand.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin is in the motor pool, working on his bike! He is, of course, armed.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack arrives, his med kit backpack on
<ZombieRaptor>: With an awesome tiki in it
<ZombieRaptor>: He has a bowl of noodles
<ZombieRaptor>: *nom*
<Soulless>: Elanor arrives! She's got all her shit with her as per the usual. Today she's wearing a black tourmaline crystal.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt's M1911 is holstered on his waist, but otherwise is lacking his usual armament.
<ShotgunFiend>: "Afternoon, everyone."
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt looks around for a weapon cache of sorts.
<Soulless>: She gives Matt a nodd.
<GMBeard>: There is a buff, well dressed man waiting, and he doesn't appear happy "All right MTF Ladies, everyone is to busy so I've been assigned to you briefing!"
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin's got his pistols. "Evening, gentlemen. Ladies."
<ZombieRaptor>: "Mhmmmhm." Jack says through his noodles
<GMBeard>: The man motions for them to come over.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt's already standing near him, although not looking at him.
<ShotgunFiend>: He wants a damn rifle.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin gives Buffbody a look and puts down his tools, wiping his hands on a rag.
<Soulless>: Elanor crosses her arms and walks to the well-dressed man.
<GMBeard>: "You're all movin' out to MintHill North Carolina to look at some strange goin' on!" The man fumbles with some photos with his thick fingers, but manages to hand them out.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin retrieves the photos and looks his over, then excuses himself. He returns moments later with an M1 from the armory, which he offers to Matt along with ammo.
ZombieRaptor_ is now known as ZombieRaptor
<GMBeard>: The photos show a single large building from different angles "You see this library has been the supposed cause to some disappearances, it has also been victim to a fire a year back!"
<Soulless>: "…" She covers an ear.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt takes it with an appreciative nod.
<ShotgunFiend>: He also looks a little confused, having been told there weren't any to give out in the armory.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin, apparently, has ~ways~.
<GMBeard>: "Alright the objective is simple, find what in hell is causing trouble, and contain it! Got it?"
<TeslaTornado>: "Do you have any more information than that?" Kevin stares at Buffbody grimly. "Like what might have caused the fires or disappearances? Or any other bizarre happenings?"
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack listens and keeps eating
<TeslaTornado>: "We are effectively running in completely blind with what you've given us to work with."
<GMBeard>: The man shrugs, clearly not trained for this line of work. "The Police closed the building a while back, the fire was believed to be caused by some idiot's cig, other than that nothin' too odd"
<TeslaTornado>: "Any other disappearances around town, or just the library? What about a history of the building?"
<GMBeard>: The man shoots Kevin a cold stare, "Nah, it's only three recorded missings, all were vandals who supposedly broke in"
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin isn't about to be trifled with by some buff guy in a suit. "Any building schematics?"
<GMBeard>: The man fumbles his hands in his pockets and curses "I uh… No,"
<ZombieRaptor>: "Aren't you useful mate."
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt just watches. If he didn't have other things on his mind, he might be amused.
<Soulless>: "…Let's just go."
<GMBeard>: The man scowls and clasps his hands and looks at the two other silent members "Alright, any /more/ questions? No? Good. Load up"
<Soulless>: "We'll figure our way out."
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin folds his hands behind his back and stares at the man, unimpressed. "… Very well. Let's get going. Onward to our impending deaths by lack of proper data."
<TeslaTornado>: He climbs onto his bike.
<ShotgunFiend>: "Story of our lives?"
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt goes to the place where he's supposed to go, checking over his rifle, glad to have one again.
<GMBeard>: The man points to the plane "I don't think you wanna ride that bike all the way south to North Carolina"
<TeslaTornado>: There is no plane. There is no airstrip on Site-19.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack claps Kevin on the back. "Well, you folks got me? We'll live."
<GMBeard>: The man is actually pointing to a bus, grumbling "Load up"
<Soulless>: Elanor heads onto the bus.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack climbs on, still eating from the bowl
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin gets off his bike and climbs onto the bus.
<GMBeard>: The bus driver starts the bus, and looks back "We all good?"
ombieRaptor>: "Mhm."
<ShotgunFiend>: "Yeah."
<TeslaTornado>: "No, but I'll have to bear up."
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt continues scrutinizing the rifle.
<GMBeard>: The bus driver turns around and begins the drive to the nearby Military base.
<GMBeard>: In what seems like seconds, the drive is over, as the bus comes to a rough stop.
<ShotgunFiend>: Leeet's do the tiiime waaaarp agaaaaain
<GMBeard>: The base seems to be clear, except for that of a plane waiting for them at the air strip.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack gets off then boards the plane!
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin gets out of the bus and boards the aircraft.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt wanders on over and gets on the plane.
<Soulless>: Elanor follows Matt.
<Soulless>: Tromptromptromp.
<GMBeard>: (Pause for Zombie)
<ZombieRaptor>: (Nop)
<GMBeard>: The plane, of course without seat belts begins it's take off, the trip to Mint Hill shall be a short one.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt sits in a seat.
<ShotgunFiend>: Buckles up.
<ShotgunFiend>: Scrutinizes the rifle harder.
<GMBeard>: Matt Percep.
<ShotgunFiend>: 4df+8
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiend: 7 (4df+8=0, +, -, -)
<Soulless>: "At least with me on the trip, we can hopefully locate the anomaly quickly."
<GMBeard>: The rifles appears to be a normal and standard issue.
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt is worried about the standard issue part.
<ShotgunFiend>: It isn't in as pristine condition as he wants it to be.
<GMBeard>: Everyone! Percep!
<TeslaTornado>: "I hope so. Hopefully you can also grant us a map of the building."
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4 (Perc)
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Perc): 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
<ShotgunFiend>: 4df+8 ~Special eyes~
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiend: ~Special eyes~: 9 (4df+8=-, +, +, 0)
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+5 +5 If visual GMBeard
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: +5 If visual GMBeard: 2 (4df+5=-, -, -, 0)
<Soulless>: 4df+5 percep
<Glacon>: Soulless: percep: 6 (4df+5=0, +, +, -)
<GMBeard>: Jack, Kevin all you see is a gloomy foggy horizon. However! Elanor and Matt see the wonderful town of Mint Hill!
<Soulless>: "We're here."
<GMBeard>: The plane comes to a skittering stop and the doors open.
<TeslaTornado>: "Good." Kevin climbs down from the aircraft.
ZombieRaptor_ is now known as ZombieRaptor
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt follows suit. He's finally not inspecting his rifle anymore, having decided there's nothing to do about it.
<GMBeard>: Through the fog you can see the brightly colored buildings, the streets are quite empty, however, there is a couple walking on the sidewalk.
<TeslaTornado>: Hey, look! Normal people! Kevin walks towards them very calmly, hands in his pockets. He buttons his coat over his shoulder holsters, effectively hiding them.
<Soulless>: Elanor follows, humming.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack left his noodles on the plane
<ZombieRaptor>: He follows
<GMBeard>: The couple continue walking, the lady is humming and the man holds an umbrella, though without rain.
<TeslaTornado>: "Scuse me, folks? I'm afraid I'm a bit lost."
<ShotgunFiend>: Matt wonders around behind them, making himself not seem part of the group.
<GMBeard>: The lady turns around first, "Ah..? Oh.. Wow, I haven't seen new faces in a /long/ time" The man looks over his shoulder and then turns around as well "Heh.. I know what you mean.. Anyways, How can we help you folks?" The couple seem quite calm.
<Soulless>: "We're looking for the library."
<TeslaTornado>: "Yeah, we're pretty new to town, I'm afraid. Shows, don't it?" Kevin puts on a good American accent. "We were just sent here to check out some kinda yeah, that."
<GMBeard>: The lady frowns a bit "Oh.. That old place? Well Um.. It's just right down the street but it's destroyed as far as I'm aware" The man stays silent as his wife explains.
<TeslaTornado>: "'sokay. We were just sent to look around and take some pictures for some two-bit rag of a magazine. Any of it still standin'?"
<GMBeard>: The man shrugs "All of it is standin' since the last timed I checked"
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin pulls out a journal and a pen. "A'ight. Any rumors'r anything else floating around about the place?"
<GMBeard>: The lady giggles "What'd mean?"
<TeslaTornado>: "Y'know, stories. Local flavor. Anything about hauntin's or anything like that."
<ZombieRaptor>: ~I wish I had some food..~
<GMBeard>: "Oh well, between you and me, I heard some gossip a couple of months back about a kid going in there, people thinks he got trapped"
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin writes in his notebook. "How long ago was that?"
<GMBeard>: "Mmmm I don't know" She turns to her husband "Three? Yes. Three months back"
<TeslaTornado>: "Mm." Kevin jots all of this down in his notebook, then smiles and nods. "Thanks, folks. That's about all I have to ask you. Miss Lamb, any questions?" Kevin turns to Elanor.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack whistles to himself a ways away
<Soulless>: "Lamb?"
<Soulless>: She looks to Kevin. "No, I think I'm fine."
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin nods. "We'll be on our way. Stay dry, kids." Kevin whistles sharply at the others and waves them along.
<GMBeard>: The lady smiles "You too"
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt mills along behind them.
<GMBeard>: The only thing that seems left is to go to the Library, as the streets prove bare of any other people.
<Soulless>: "….Hm."
<Soulless>: Elanor heads over, looking a bit concerned.
<GMBeard>: Elanor MDef.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin goes along with her.
<Soulless>: 4df+4 whuh?
<Glacon>: Soulless: whuh?: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack walks along
<GMBeard>: Elanor, the fog retreats, and a feeling of reassurance washes over.
<GMBeard>: Everyone, Percep.
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+8
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
<Soulless>: She smiles to herself.
<Soulless>: 4df+5 percep
<Glacon>: Soulless: percep: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, +, +)
<GMBeard>: The whole team now sees the Library, made of old barn wood, however.. Oddly, it doesn't appear ti be burned, fliers cover the front doors of the Library.
<TeslaTornado>: "… Hm." Kevin walks up to the front doors and pulls one of the fliers down.
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt hangs back still.
<GMBeard>: It reads in a clear bold print "CLOSED DUE TO FIRES" the edges of the flier appear to be weathered.
<Soulless>: "…Well, let's head on inside then."
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4 (Percep) Any dates on the flier?
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Percep) Any dates on the flier?: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
<GMBeard>: The flier has some ruined ink at the bottom, if there was a date, it probably used to be that blob. The door also appears to be weak on the hinges, but locked.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin balls up the flier and puts it in his pocket. He pushes against the wall.
<GMBeard>: Kevin, give me strength.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack's still there n stuff
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+3 Trained for speed, not strength
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: Trained for speed, not strength: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Soulless>: Elanor begins looking around for alternate entrances, looking as nonchalant as she can.
<Soulless>: Broken windows, etc?
<GMBeard>: Elanor, give me Percep.
<GMBeard>: Kevin the door may be weak, but that was poor, you might as well let someone else have a go at it.
<Soulless>: 4df+5 Hhhh
<Glacon>: Soulless: Hhhh: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin shrugs and looks for a lock. He could always just pick the front door.
<TeslaTornado>: Why he didn't think of that first, he'll never guess.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack carries wounded people around Kevin.
<ZombieRaptor>: He's stronk.
<ZombieRaptor>: Though currently he's standing there looking pretty.
<GMBeard>: Elanor, there appears to be a single broken into window, maybe that's how the vandals got in.
<GMBeard>: Jack, Give me strength.
<ZombieRaptor>: He's not pushing
<GMBeard>: Apologies, Kevin, the door clearly has a lock.
<Soulless>: "Ah." She waves to the guys.
<Soulless>: "Excuse me!"
<Soulless>: "Over here!"
<ZombieRaptor>: "What?"
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin looks up. "Found something?"
<Soulless>: "A way in."
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin walks over to her.
<Soulless>: She motions to the broken windoe.
<Soulless>: *window
<ZombieRaptor>: How high up is it?
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin nods. About how high up is it? Could someone climb up or would they need a boost?
<GMBeard>: It's not to high, a running start would be needed though.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack positions himself below the window. "C'mon, I'll help you folks up."
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin nods to Jack. "Alright, I'll take the lead and help the rest through from up there."
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt finally ambles on over.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack gives them each a boost up?
<GMBeard>: After a short session of teamwork, you all manage to get inside the Library, you face a row of books, to your left, there is the front door and a opening in the middle, farther left, are more books, the roof is high for a building without 2nd story.
<Soulless>: Elanor begins to look for any traces of burning.
<GMBeard>: Nothing but Elanor… You notice the oddest thing, all the books, are just bindings with no pages inbetween.
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+8 (Perception + Wards) Kevin feels for signs of magic afoot.
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Perception + Wards) Kevin feels for signs of magic afoot.: 10 (4df+8=+, +, -, +)
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt scratches at the back of his head. "So, uh… Whatre we looking fot?"
<ShotgunFiendM>: For*
<GMBeard>: Kevin, you feel a pull to the opening in the center.
<TeslaTornado>: "Dunno. Guy wasn't very specific. But there's something vaguely magical about that opening." Kevin points at the opening in the center of the floor.
<GMBeard>: The opening, when investigated shows that there is only but the Librarian's desk, with a single book on it.
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+8 Is the book the source of the magical energy?
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: Is the book the source of the magical energy?: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, 0, 0)
<GMBeard>: Kevin, your sense falls you and the source seems distant when you try and focus on the desk itself.
<GMBeard>: Everyone MDef.
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+5
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+5=+, -, 0, 0)
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+4 glacy plis
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: glacy plis: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+11 (MDef + Iceman + With Their Own Weapons) subtract 4 if the source is non-magical
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (MDef + Iceman + With Their Own Weapons) subtract 4 if the source is non-magical: 11 (4df+11=-, +, +, -)
<Soulless>: 4df+4 please kill my mdef
<Glacon>: Soulless: please kill my mdef: 1 (4df+4=-, -, 0, -)
<Soulless>: Yessss
<GMBeard>: Elanor, you can't resist it, you pick up the book strange book.
<GMBeard>: It shines a blue light in your face and opens to a page, on it, there is a picture.
<GMBeard>: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr8u-6ktmt9VZZU3WrUOtdHyJ61ZXyAQe2-7JDKt5UrhotLuzbDg
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin notices this. "Agent Thorne. Drop the book, now."
<GMBeard>: There is a sound from the left side of the Library *Creeeek*
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt looks, rifle raised.
<GMBeard>: A large spider, about 7 feet tall comes out of the darkness:
<ZombieRaptor>: "Uhh.. Shoot it."
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin turns and draws his pistols. "Oh /bloody/ hell, OPEN FIRE!"
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+9 (Ranged + Ungentlemanly) BANG BANG
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Ranged + Ungentlemanly) BANG BANG: 8 (4df+9=0, -, 0, 0)
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack pulls out his knife for all it's worth and stands back
<Soulless>: Elanor be reading the book!
<GMBeard>: 4df+3 The bullets penetrate the armor easily, but an unwelcoming surprise of steam /shoots/ out of the spider in a large spray Everyone! Agility!
<Glacon>: GMBeard: The bullets penetrate the armor easily, but an unwelcoming surprise of steam /shoots/ out of the spider in a large spray Everyone! Agility!: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, +)
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+12 yeah no, Matt says FUCK SPIDERS
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: yeah no, Matt says FUCK SPIDERS: 10 (4df+12=-, 0, -, 0)
<Soulless>: Can Elanor dodge despite being bookspelled?
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+4 Agi.
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: Agi.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+7
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: 7 (4df+7=+, -, -, +)
<GMBeard>: Elanor, Give me MDef.
<Soulless>: 4df+4 huhuehue
<Glacon>: Soulless: huhuehue: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+10 (AGI + Ungentlemanly) Zoop
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (AGI + Ungentlemanly) Zoop: 11 (4df+10=-, +, +, 0)
<GMBeard>: Matt give me PDef.
<GMBeard>: Elanor, you break out of the spell binding just in time, now Elanor, give me Agil.
<Soulless>: 4df+3 huehuehue
<Glacon>: Soulless: huehuehue: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+4
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
<GMBeard>: Elanor, Kevin, Jack, you escape the lethal steam.
<GMBeard>: Matt, you are quickly surrounded by the steam, but you manage to suffer no burns.
<ZombieRaptor>: "Keep firing!"
<Soulless>: "What is that thing?"
<TeslaTornado>: "I don't know!" Kevin shouts over gunfire: "HOSTILE ENTITY, STAND DOWN OR YOU WILL BE DISABLED!"
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+9 MORE BANG BANG
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: MORE BANG BANG: 9 (4df+9=+, 0, -, 0)
<GMBeard>: 4df+5 The spider approaches Matt, being the closes one and attempt to bite him with fangs humming with electricity! Matt give me Agil!
<Glacon>: GMBeard: The spider approaches Matt, being the closes one and attempt to bite him with fangs humming with electricity! Matt give me Agil!: 5 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, +)
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+4 y me
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: y me: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
<Soulless>: Elanor tries to look for a way to disable to spider somehow.
<GMBeard>: Matt, you're too slow, give me PDef!
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack circles around the spider
<ZombieRaptor>: Any switches?
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+4 yay
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: yay: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
<GMBeard>: 4df+5 Kevin! Another Steam blast shoots out, directly to you! Give me Agil!
<Glacon>: GMBeard: Kevin! Another Steam blast shoots out, directly to you! Give me Agil!: 5 (4df+5=-, +, 0, 0)
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+10 ZOOP
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: ZOOP: 11 (4df+10=+, -, 0, +)
<GMBeard>: Matt! It's fang grazes your shirt, and you manage to get away safely.
<GMBeard>: Kevin you lucky bastard, you easily exscape!
<GMBeard>: Jack give me Stealth!
<GMBeard>: Elanor Give me Engineering!
<ZombieRaptor>: Uhh.. He's not sneaking
<ZombieRaptor>: He's quickly darting around
<ZombieRaptor>: Looking for a switch
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt recovers and once he has the opportunity, fires again.
<GMBeard>: (This will determine if the spider switches targets, give me sneak)
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+12 Ranged when applicable.
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: Ranged when applicable.: 12 (4df+12=+, +, -, -)
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+9 Kevin tries to draw the spider's attention, since he is pro dodger
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: Kevin tries to draw the spider's attention, since he is pro dodger: 9 (4df+9=0, 0, -, +)
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df …
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: …: 0 (4df=+, +, -, -)
<GMBeard>: The spider's movements become jerky! and it turns around suddenly to Matt's and Kevin's surprise, Jack give me Agil!
<Soulless>: 4df Elanor has no engineering huehuehueheuheuheu
<Glacon>: Soulless: Elanor has no engineering huehuehueheuheuheu: 3 (4df=+, +, +, 0)
<GMBeard>: 4df+5 Spider Fangs for Jack
<Glacon>: GMBeard: Spider Fangs for Jack: 3 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, -)
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+7 "shoot it in the back!"
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: "shoot it in the back!": 5 (4df+7=0, -, -, 0)
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack's circling around
<GMBeard>: Elanor, it's no use! You see nothing!
<ZombieRaptor>: It's back will
<ZombieRaptor>: Be exposed
<GMBeard>: Jack! PDef!
<Soulless>: "I can't find anything to shut it off!"
<ZombieRaptor>: He rolled high GMBeard…
<ZombieRaptor>: 3vs5 Jack
<GMBeard>: Kevin's attempts to distract it are futile, it's focused on Jack.
<ZombieRaptor>: Higher.*
<GMBeard>: Apologies, you're correct,
<ZombieRaptor>: He keeps it distracted over there, so the team has a chance to examine it's back
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4 (Perception) Let there be vital points
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Perception) Let there be vital points: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
<GMBeard>: 4df+5 The Spider tries at Jack once again, Agil, Jack.
<Glacon>: GMBeard: The Spider tries at Jack once again, Agil, Jack.: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, +, +)
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+7
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+7=-, +, -, 0)
<GMBeard>: Kevin you see nothing!
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+6
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+6
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, 0, 0)
<ZombieRaptor>: Crit neutral!
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+8 percep fir weakpoints.
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: percep fir weakpoints.: 6 (4df+8=0, -, 0, -)
<GMBeard>: Jack! the tip of the fang just /grazes/ you're arm! A crazy painful surge of electricity goes up your arm!
<GMBeard>: Matt you hero! You can see a red light in the center, you suppose it's a weak area!
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack grimaces. "Come on! Shoot it while it's distracted."
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+9 AWESOME MORE SHOOTING
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: AWESOME MORE SHOOTING: 9 (4df+9=0, +, -, 0)
<Soulless>: Elanor can't do much, she don't do good shooty shooty.
<GMBeard>: 4df+3 It shoots some more steam right at you Kevin! Agil!
<Glacon>: GMBeard: It shoots some more steam right at you Kevin! Agil!: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+10 ZOOP
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: ZOOP: 9 (4df+10=-, +, -, 0)
<GMBeard>: Matt it may come to you to tell your team mates about it's weakness!
<ShotgunFiendM>: 4df+12 plis to be sniping weakpoint "SHOOT THE RED LIGHT!"
<Glacon>: ShotgunFiendM: plis to be sniping weakpoint "SHOOT THE RED LIGHT!": 11 (4df+12=-, 0, +, -)
<GMBeard>: Kevin.. You easily dodge it… But Elanor, you'd better watch out. Elanor Agil.
<GMBeard>: Matt.
<GMBeard>: Perfect.
GraemeCracker is now known as GraemeCooker
<GMBeard>: Bravo.
<GMBeard>: Bullseye!
<GMBeard>: With a loud pop and crackle, the Steam Spider shuts down staring at Jack.
<ZombieRaptor>: "That's that then."
<ZombieRaptor>: "Anyone hurt?"
<GMBeard>: Elanor, I still need the Agil!
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt sighs. He slings the rifle over his back. "Fucking spiders…"
<Soulless>: 4df+3 god dammit
<Glacon>: Soulless: god dammit: 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
<GMBeard>: Elanor PDef.
<Soulless>: 4df+3
<Glacon>: Soulless: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
<GMBeard>: Ouch! Elanor! You aren't so luck the steam surrounds you and burns you badly! [2 Damage to Physical Health]
<Soulless>: Elanor makes a high-pitched cry of pain.
<ZombieRaptor>: Jack runs over.
<GMBeard>: The steam quickly clears, leaving a hurt Elanor behind.
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+5 Medical, he unzips how backpack and gets to work on the burns
<ShotgunFiendM>: "Elanor!" Matt goes over, careful not to get in Jack's way.
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: Medical, he unzips how backpack and gets to work on the burns: 6 (4df+5=0, +, 0, 0)
<GMBeard>: Jack, you expertly apply some burn medicine, then wrap the wounds.
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin goes over to the MechaSpider.
<ZombieRaptor>: 4df+3 Now he uses Healer, anomalous
<Glacon>: ZombieRaptor: Now he uses Healer, anomalous: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<ZombieRaptor>: And it's a one
<ZombieRaptor>: What else
<Soulless>: "Don't mind me, just take care of the thing!"
<TeslaTornado>: He takes a closer look at the thing.
<ZombieRaptor>: "I'm a medic, I don't fight."
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4 (Wards) Magic?
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Wards) Magic?: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
<GMBeard>: (Paues)
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt goes over to the spi-
<GMBeard>: Elanor, Jack's bandaging helps, but his magic? Not so much. Kevin, the Spider is not magical, but is not clearly of this world.
<GMBeard>: Matt it is clear the Spider is dead
<GMBeard>: (And.. Unpause)
<Soulless>: "Is it dead?"
<ZombieRaptor>: "Yea."
<GMBeard>: The book lies next to you Elanor, it has a key similar to design, The book:
<TeslaTornado>: Kevin looks the body over for any kind of symbols that would denote a point of origin.
<TeslaTornado>: 4df+4 (Perc)
<Glacon>: TeslaTornado: (Perc): 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
<ZombieRaptor>: "Alright.. We need a team to come clean up the spider.. Anyone have a transmitter?"
<Soulless>: "That was… interesting."
<Soulless>: Can elanor roll her prophecy on the book to discen if it's anomalous and a general nature of it?
<GMBeard>: Kevin, their are some symbols on it that look like ones on the book dials.
<GMBeard>: Sure.
<GMBeard>: Soulless, Elanor may roll.
<Soulless>: 4df+3 Wheee~
<Glacon>: Soulless: Wheee~: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
<GMBeard>: Elanor, there is no doubt, the book is anomalous, it contains much information, some otherworldly, some from the plane, such as /The Art of War/. Though, with this, it is hungry, and must constantly feast on new information.
<GMBeard>: The Psi-7 Team takes the book and key, and load up on the plane.
<Soulless>: "…This is what we're looking for."
<ZombieRaptor>: First, Jack uses the planes radio!
<TeslaTornado>: "Let's bring it on home, then."
<ZombieRaptor>: «We got a cleanup needed in the church.» He signals.
<ShotgunFiendM>: Matt's there.
<TeslaTornado>: "It's a library, Agent Markos."
<ShotgunFiendM>: Totally.
<Soulless>: "…We'll need to feed it."
<Soulless>: Elanor, what?
<TeslaTornado>: "Hm? How do you mean?"
<ZombieRaptor>: "There's a giant spider in the library if ya haven't noticed mate."
<ZombieRaptor>: "Someone needs to clean that up."
<TeslaTornado>: "No, not you, Agent Markos. What do you mean, /feed/ it?"
<GMBeard>: Yes, Elanor, What does that mean? Elanor, MDef.
<Soulless>: 4df+4 Welp
<Glacon>: Soulless: Welp: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
<Soulless>: "What I mean is, knowlege."
<GMBeard>: Elanor you can almost /feel/ it tasting your knowledge, you can almost /feel/ it planning on releasing something.. Just.. To.. Get.. Your.. Head.
<GMBeard>: Either that or you're insane.
<Soulless>: She shudders and puts the book in her bag.
<GMBeard>: You can't tell which.
<Soulless>: "I can feel it."
<Soulless>: Elanor sounds more sure of herself than she feels.
<GMBeard>: The plane lands shortly after, and Agents approach Elanor.
<GMBeard>: They take the book and everyone returns to the MotorPool, and then to #origins-ic
<Soulless>: Elanor hands the book over. "Be careful with it."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License