Run Three- The Most Magical Swamp on Earth

Pre-Run Soft-RP setup.
(09:06:39 PM) ihp: Jacob burns some more white sage in his room.
(09:06:41 PM) Wogglebug: Abe is punching thing in the gymnasium.
(09:06:42 PM) gumbal1: Harlan is in his room, reading his encyclopedia
(09:07:08 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler is reading. He might also be nodding, as he does that a lot.
(09:07:59 PM) NachtRuine: Jed is sharpening and shining his Bowie knife in his room.
(09:10:35 PM) Roget: 1d5
(09:10:36 PM) Glacon: Roget: 3 (1d5=3)
(09:10:41 PM) Roget: Harlan, mdef
(09:10:56 PM) gumbal1: 4df+5 oh crap
(09:10:56 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: oh crap: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, +, -)
(09:11:56 PM) Roget: 4df+5 VISION
(09:11:56 PM) Glacon: Roget: VISION: 6 (4df+5=+, 0, -, +)
(09:12:09 PM) Zolgamax [moc.rr.ser.yncwt.FD7909E4-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.yncwt.FD7909E4-CRInys|tibbiM] entered the room.
(09:13:50 PM) Roget: Harlan… suddenly, you have visions of pink fluttering by, a swirling plastic technicolor dreamcoat. You feel like you'
(09:14:01 PM) Roget: re ankle deep in swamp water, and you see sawgrass all around
(09:14:07 PM) gumbal1: Harlan drops his encyclopedia in shock
(09:14:09 PM) Roget: then, metal flies at your face, and its over
(09:14:21 PM) Roget: the word "Orlando" flies through your head
(09:14:33 PM) Balthazaar [PI.8A1E6D34.A8446648.078090D|tibbiM#PI.8A1E6D34.A8446648.078090D|tibbiM] entered the room.
(09:15:20 PM) gumbal1: "What the fu-" Harlan catches himself. He's not one to swear.
(09:16:19 PM) ihp: Jacob taps his fingers and sighs, rubbing his face. He should have packed some reading material.
(09:16:43 PM) gumbal1: Harlan exits the room, and begins searching for the admin.
(09:17:00 PM) Roget: «Attention all personnel, we believe somebody has had a Navigator vision. Please report to the front of the site if you are prepared to be deployed on a mission, or, uh, or if you had the vision in question.»
(09:17:14 PM) Wogglebug: Abe goes.
(09:17:19 PM) gumbal1: Harlan reports to the front of the site.
(09:17:29 PM) ihp: Jacob blinks, and grumbles, standing up and making his way to the front of the site.
(09:17:37 PM) Roget: The Administrator is there, waiting with a clipboard.
(09:18:10 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler walks towards the front, muttering.
(09:18:34 PM) NachtRuine: Jed checks his calendar. Nope, no repairs appointed today. He holsters his Bowie knife, preps his gear, and gets ready for ADVENTURE.
(09:18:53 PM) gumbal1: Harlan walks up to the admin. "Uh…sir, I think I just had one of those vision things you mentioned."
(09:19:29 PM) Roget: "What, uh, did you see?"
(09:22:10 PM) gumbal1: Harlan clears his throat. "Well, there was this pink thing fluttering by, and I felt like I was standing in a swamp. Then some metal thing thing flew into my face, and I can't think of anything else but the word "Orlando"."
(09:22:33 PM) Roget: "… We're going to need a plane."
(09:22:49 PM) GottaGoFeast left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(09:23:27 PM) ihp: ~I assume the Administrator can pull one out of his rectal region.~
(09:23:38 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Do we have a plane?"
(09:23:46 PM) NachtRuine: "Any chance snacks'll be served on th' way? Gonna be a long trip."
(09:23:47 PM) gumbal1: ~A plane? We have funding for that?~
(09:23:52 PM) Roget: "Excuse, uh, me for a moment, I have to, uh, make a call…"
(09:25:19 PM) Roget: He walks into a back room, and begins ringing the phone quickly
(09:27:21 PM) Roget: He walks back in about 10 minutes later. "Okay, uh… we have a plane, but we need to leave right now. Okay?"
(09:27:32 PM) Wogglebug: Abe nods.
(09:27:40 PM) gumbal1: Harlan also nods.
(09:27:52 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler nods.
(09:28:21 PM) NachtRuine: Jed shrugs with slight indifference.
(09:28:22 PM) ihp: Jacob looks around. "Where are we going to get this plane?"
(09:28:30 PM) Roget: "So, get in the, uh, car. I will have someone in the car to brief you on our Orlando area."
(09:28:40 PM) Roget: "There's an air force base down the road, miles down."
(09:28:53 PM) Wogglebug: Abe gets in.
(09:29:06 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets in the passenger seat
(09:29:12 PM) Roget: The car is an open-top jeep.
(09:29:12 PM) ihp: Jacob gets in the car as well.
(09:29:15 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler gets in back.
(09:29:25 PM) NachtRuine: Jed takes whatever seat is available.
(09:29:37 PM) gumbal1: "I don't think I'm good to drive after the vision."
(09:30:45 PM) Roget: There's a driver already in the car, wearing an army-ish uniform.
(09:30:53 PM) gumbal1: redact
(09:31:47 PM) Roget: Once everyone packs in, the car takes off

Non-split Run
(09:34:44 PM) RogetGMs: The car rambles on down the road, until you eventually see the outline of a base on the horizon
(09:36:02 PM) NachtRuine: Jed wonders aloud, "So where's Orlando anyway?"
(09:36:32 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Florida, I think. Not much out there."
(09:37:38 PM) NachtRuine: "Shouldn'ta brought th' jacket, I suppose."
(09:37:43 PM) gumbal2 left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(09:37:48 PM) RogetGMs: "Basically a big swamp with a few enclaves." the driver begins smoking
(09:37:50 PM) Wogglebug: "I hear it's the most magical place on Earth."
(09:38:12 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Well, it will be when you set foot in it."
(09:38:31 PM) gumbal1: "From what I saw, we're not going anywhere magical."
(09:39:36 PM) ihp: Jacob grumbles slightly. "Aren't swamps incredibly diseased? What could possibly be down there?"
(09:39:50 PM) NachtRuine: "Disease, I bet."
(09:39:52 PM) Wogglebug: "Crocodiles."
(09:39:57 PM) ProcyonLotor: "More boxes."
(09:40:07 PM) gumbal1: "Witches. That'd at least explain the magic."
(09:40:16 PM) Wogglebug: "I bet it's witches."
(09:40:36 PM) RogetGMs: They reach the air force base. There's a plane on the runway, waiting to go!
(09:41:03 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Well. That was impressive for a single phone call."
(09:41:18 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets in the plane.
(09:41:43 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler follows Harlan.
(09:41:51 PM) Wogglebug: Abe goes.
(09:41:55 PM) NachtRuine: "What a time t' have a gen'ral disdain fer planes." Jed gets on despite his complaining words.
(09:42:05 PM) ihp: Jacob gets into the plane, surveying it; is it like a jet-liner, or a military plane or what?
(09:43:25 PM) RogetGMs: It looks like a ww2 boeing plane. With an almost totally stripped cabin
(09:44:05 PM) ihp: Jacob looks at the pilot. "I assume we won't have to parachute in?"
(09:44:38 PM) RogetGMs: "We'll see what the conditions are when we get there." he grins
(09:45:32 PM) ihp: Jacob groans. "Wonderful." He takes a seat and waits for takeoff.
(09:48:00 PM) RogetGMs: Once everyone is on board, the plane begins to take off
(09:48:46 PM) NachtRuine: Jed tries to think about anything other than the takeoff. Like how shiny his Bowie knife probably is at the moment.
(09:49:01 PM) gumbal1: Harlan checks to see if he brought enough Gauze
(09:49:12 PM) RogetGMs: The plane rattles like crazy as it takes off, anyone who isn't comfortable with flying might be white knuckled here
(09:49:39 PM) Wogglebug: Abe naps.
(09:50:04 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler finds a window, and looks out it.
(09:50:28 PM) NachtRuine: Jed is indeed white knuckled - one hand around the hilt of his knife, the other on the armrest.
(09:50:37 PM) RogetGMs: there's lots of clouds out the window
(09:51:01 PM) RogetGMs: The flight is soon in the air, and heading to Florida! (It'll be a bit, maybe pass the time by talking!)
(09:51:22 PM) Wogglebug: Abe naps some more.
(09:51:31 PM) Wogglebug: (And by naps, I mean he pretends to nap.)
(09:51:37 PM) Wogglebug: (Shhhh)
(09:51:38 PM) ProcyonLotor: "So. I've never flown before." Tyler attempts to make terrible conversation.
(09:51:40 PM) gumbal1: "So, anything interesting happen after those boxes attacked?"
(09:51:42 PM) ihp: Jacob looks at Jed. "I don't believe I ever gave you my name."
(09:51:46 PM) Wogglebug: (Nobody tell Jacob.)
(09:52:35 PM) NachtRuine: Jed eyes Jacob quickly, then keeps looking forward in a fit of concentration. "Nope. Probly won't remember it if ya tell me now, how about once we land?"
(09:52:52 PM) ihp: Jacob nods. "Scared of flight?"
(09:53:31 PM) NachtRuine: "Nope, not at all. Scared of sudden not-flight."
(09:53:55 PM) Father_Matthew [moc.retrahc.al.dils.pchd.6C4091EB-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.retrahc.al.dils.pchd.6C4091EB-CRInys|tibbiM] entered the room.
(09:54:06 PM) Balthazaar [PI.8A1E6D34.A8446648.078090D|tibbiM#PI.8A1E6D34.A8446648.078090D|tibbiM] entered the room.
(09:54:30 PM) RogetGMs: There's a bit of turbulance, just a touch enough to make the airplane momentarily seem like it's going to shake into pieces
(09:56:18 PM) NachtRuine: "But y'know, what're my options? Gotta fer chrissa - " The turbulance cuts him off, and he collects himself after a brief moment. "Face it eventually's what I meant by that."
(09:58:46 PM) ihp: Jacob clutches his seat as well. "…how much longer until we get to Orlando, do you think?"
(09:59:19 PM) RogetGMs: «This is the captain, weather approaching Orlando airport seems to be foggy, so we may be leaping to land. You will be informed as we do another pass on our approach.»
(09:59:42 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Oh joy."
(10:00:05 PM) ihp: "…fuck me with a spork. We're jumping?!"
(10:00:10 PM) Wogglebug: Abe laughs.
(10:00:21 PM) Wogglebug: He remembers he was pretending to sleep.
(10:00:24 PM) Wogglebug: He makes snoring noises.
(10:00:25 PM) gumbal1: "Parachuting, eh?" Harlan seems surprisingly unsurprised.
(10:00:31 PM) NachtRuine: "Better'n landing, in my opinion." His white knuckles loosens slightly.
(10:02:11 PM) RogetGMs: «To be prepared, please check in the back of the plane for the individual chutes. Some of you may have to share.»
(10:02:34 PM) Wogglebug: Abe runs to get one.
(10:02:34 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler rushes to claim one.
(10:02:36 PM) gumbal1: ~:|~
(10:02:41 PM) gumbal1: Harlan goes to get one.
(10:02:46 PM) ihp: Jacob does not care all that much for heights. Flying is fine. Standing on a balcony? Okay. But jumping out of a god-damned plane? ~I hope the ground is swampy so that It doesn't look like I've soiled myself…~
(10:02:49 PM) NachtRuine: Jed attempts to get one as well.
(10:02:53 PM) ihp: Jacob reluctantly stands and grabs a paracute, putting it on.
(10:03:03 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler puts his on.
(10:03:10 PM) Wogglebug: Abe puts his on.
(10:03:12 PM) gumbal1: Harlan does as well
(10:03:57 PM) RogetGMs: «Looks like we're short one chute. Somebody is gonne have to share…»
(10:04:01 PM) Eskobear [PI.CBF16B9A.8AA98DC.1D9A743|tibbiM#PI.CBF16B9A.8AA98DC.1D9A743|tibbiM] entered the room.
(10:04:25 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler hugs his close to him.
(10:04:26 PM) gumbal1: "Not it."
(10:04:34 PM) ihp: Jacob looks at Jed, then at Abraham. "…I don't suppose you know a flying spell, do you?"
(10:04:36 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Not it either."
(10:04:46 PM) Wogglebug: "Not one I'd risk."
(10:05:11 PM) ihp: ~Oh, scrotum-maggots~
(10:05:22 PM) ihp: "I don't suppose you'd be willing to share with Jedidiah, then?"
(10:05:26 PM) NachtRuine: "I ain't got a problem with sharing with someone." His voice wavers slightly as he says this.
(10:05:55 PM) Wogglebug: Abe shuffles towards the rear.
(10:06:49 PM) RogetGMs: «Alright, it looks like we're going to be jumping soon… if those who have parachuted before could brief your colleagues, that'd be great»
(10:07:10 PM) ihp: Jacob sighs, looking at Jed. "I don't know how one shares a parachute, exactly…"
(10:07:15 PM) Wogglebug: "I find that doing a backflip helps."
(10:07:33 PM) gumbal1: "Alright then, here's what you should do…" Harlan goes into a parachuting explanation.
(10:08:03 PM) NachtRuine: Jed looks over Jacob. How heavy does he look?
(10:08:20 PM) ihp: Jacob is 200 lbs.
(10:09:07 PM) lurkd [PI.F1BF461F.DF4415B6.7EA1F794|tibbiM#PI.F1BF461F.DF4415B6.7EA1F794|tibbiM] entered the room.
(10:09:14 PM) RogetGMs: Also Ivan was there all along
(10:09:16 PM) RogetGMs: on this plane
(10:09:23 PM) RogetGMs: about to jump off into the void of Orlando, Florida
(10:09:25 PM) Wogglebug: /Waiting/.
(10:09:40 PM) NachtRuine: "Yeah, my plan probably wouldn't work. Stumped." He looks to the group. "Anyone got an idea how t' share a parachute?" The slight tinge of panic hits.
(10:09:56 PM) lurkd: Ivan lights a cigarette and check his equipment.
(10:09:58 PM) RogetGMs: «You hook the hooks together» the pilot chimes in over the radio
(10:10:14 PM) Wogglebug: Abe shuffles towards the release/
(10:10:22 PM) lurkd: *sigh*
(10:10:46 PM) lurkd: Ivan is not a fan of this at all. He stows his glasses.
(10:11:11 PM) NachtRuine: "Alright." He turns to Jacob. "Y'ready?"
(10:11:21 PM) ihp: Jacob does so, nodding at Jed. "As I'll ever be…"
(10:11:31 PM) lurkd is now known as lurktablet
(10:11:51 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Suppose this is happening, one way or another."
(10:12:00 PM) NachtRuine: "Great." Jed works on hooking hooks together.
(10:12:24 PM) lurktablet: "I suppose a conventional runway is out of the question?"
(10:12:39 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Unless the pilot is screwing with us, yes."
(10:13:24 PM) lurktablet: Ivan looks about as worried as an emoitonally inept man can appear.
(10:13:31 PM) RogetGMs: The back drop door begins to… drop open, letting the whistling wind into the cabin
(10:13:44 PM) RogetGMs: it's pretty darn windy
(10:13:44 PM) RogetGMs: and… really high up
(10:13:44 PM) RogetGMs: shit
(10:13:44 PM) Wogglebug: Abe preps for a backflip.
(10:14:10 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets ready to ride the wind.
(10:14:27 PM) NachtRuine: Jed's heart drops as the back door does as well. "On three, then, gents?"
(10:14:39 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler nods
(10:14:45 PM) ihp: Jacob swallows, stepping forward slightly and shutting his eyes. ~Oh fuck oh fuck oh utter burger fuck!~
(10:15:10 PM) Wogglebug: Is the door open?
(10:15:13 PM) lurktablet: *sigh* Ivan mumbles in Russian. ["This is highly irregular for a man in my position."]
(10:15:17 PM) RogetGMs: «You are cleared to jump. Drop zone is the field below. You will be met by an agent to escort you to the outer Orlando area.»
(10:15:26 PM) Wogglebug: Abe does a backflip out.
(10:15:27 PM) gumbal1: Harlan jumps.
(10:15:38 PM) ihp: Jacob jumps as well, screaming as he does so.
(10:15:56 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler jumps. And screams.
(10:15:59 PM) NachtRuine: "Alright. ONE!" And then people start jumping, and Jed just goes with the flow.
(10:16:11 PM) RogetGMs: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
(10:16:20 PM) lurktablet: Ivan staggers forward and awkwardly tumbles out but doesnt make a sound.
(10:16:25 PM) RogetGMs: There's a lot of wind. Those of you who have never jumped before are spinning around like crazy
(10:16:54 PM) lurktablet: He grits his teeth and tries to stabilise.
(10:17:01 PM) gumbal1: Harlan looks to the others.
(10:17:11 PM) Wogglebug: Abe makes his way over to Ivan.
(10:17:24 PM) Wogglebug: He makes ghost noises behind him.
(10:17:42 PM) RogetGMs: They break through the cloud line and… GODDAMN that is high up. Wow. You all are falling fast. Wow. Much speed. Much speed!!!
(10:17:51 PM) lurktablet: Ivan has his eyes shut. "Not amusing!"
(10:17:54 PM) ihp: Jacob is sobbing as he spins around. "Oh god I don't want to die! I want to live to see my next birthday! For the love of god, /DON'T LET ME DIE!/"
(10:18:00 PM) Wogglebug: Abe can't hear him.
(10:18:06 PM) Wogglebug: He continues making ghost noises.
(10:18:16 PM) NachtRuine: Having almost never left ground, Jed is visibly scared, but solemn in the occurences happening. If he dies, he dies.
(10:18:23 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler is taking it, but not well.
(10:18:27 PM) lurktablet: >:[
(10:18:48 PM) gumbal1: Harlan's taking it pretty well, given experience back in the 40s.
(10:18:50 PM) NachtRuine: Then the prospect of death hits and Jed freaks out just a little bit of a lot more.
(10:18:59 PM) RogetGMs: The wind whips around them, and they can see the entire expanse of the state of Florida spread below them, like a big swampy patchwork quilt.
(10:19:27 PM) NachtRuine: ~MAY GOD DAMN YOU FLORIDAAAAA~
(10:20:02 PM) gumbal1: ~Never thought I'd be doing this again.~
(10:20:14 PM) RogetGMs: You can pull your chutes at any time now
(10:20:19 PM) ihp: ~IdontwannadieIdontwannadieIdontwannadie!!!~
(10:20:24 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler pulls his chute.
(10:20:27 PM) Wogglebug: Abe's going for the stealths.
(10:20:32 PM) lurktablet: Ivan is doing derivative in his head to distract himself.
(10:20:36 PM) Wogglebug: He waits till the last second.
(10:20:39 PM) gumbal1: Harlan pulls his at some point.
(10:20:47 PM) lurktablet: He pulls the cord!
(10:20:47 PM) RogetGMs: POOF Tyler is swinging and slowly drifting down in the air
(10:20:59 PM) RogetGMs: POOF Ivan is floating right there with them
(10:21:14 PM) RogetGMs: Harlan POOFS up and makes three's company!
(10:21:35 PM) Gumbal2 [ten.tropyaw.cilbup.FAADE015-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tropyaw.cilbup.FAADE015-CRInys|tibbiM] entered the room.
(10:21:35 PM) ihp: Jacob pulls his cord, sobbing softly.
(10:21:52 PM) Wogglebug: How far till Abe needs to pull his shoot?
(10:22:20 PM) lurktablet: Ivan steadies his hand and attempts to light another cigarette.
(10:22:29 PM) NachtRuine: Jed doesn't have much input, given to the sharing. But cord is pulled and Jed is initially shocked.
(10:22:46 PM) RogetGMs: POOF Jacob and Jed are floating just as softly as Jacob's tears
(10:22:56 PM) RogetGMs: Abe can keep falling for a bit before pulling
(10:23:09 PM) Wogglebug: Abe presumably pulls his cord once he hits the lower limit.
(10:23:37 PM) RogetGMs: Once Abe POOFS, he's floating a distance below the others
(10:23:39 PM) lurktablet: He puts his glasses back on and makes sure nothing tumbled out durig the descent.
(10:23:42 PM) NachtRuine: Jed laughs quietly. "Well, still better than landing," he says to himself.
(10:23:44 PM) RogetGMs: Everyone kinda… drifts
(10:24:39 PM) lurktablet: "Jumping from a perfectly functional aircraft makes little sense."
(10:25:07 PM) Wogglebug: Abe tries to wave up at the others.
(10:25:27 PM) Wogglebug: He looks for danger ont he ground.
(10:25:32 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+4
(10:25:32 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
(10:25:36 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler tries to wave down at Abe.
(10:26:15 PM) lurktablet: Ivan waves at no one.
(10:26:41 PM) NachtRuine: "Y'know, despite the initial fear, jumpin' ain't that bad. Nice 'n calm up here."
(10:26:50 PM) Gumbal2: Harlan looks at the ground.
(10:26:57 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, the ground in the field looks a bit like it's 100% swampy marshland and 0% open field
(10:27:12 PM) Wogglebug: Abe aims for the least swampy bit.
(10:28:51 PM) Gumbal2: 4df+3 look too
(10:28:51 PM) Glacon: Gumbal2: look too: 4 (4df+3=+, +, 0, -)
(10:29:25 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+4 stay dry
(10:29:25 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: stay dry: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, -)
(10:29:42 PM) RogetGMs: You all see what Abe saw
(10:29:55 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler follows Abe's lead.
(10:30:05 PM) lurktablet: Ivan is liking this even less.
(10:30:26 PM) Gumbal2 left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(10:30:36 PM) RogetGMs: Abe splashes down! His parachute quickly covers him up
(10:30:37 PM) gumbal1: ~fuckthis place~
(10:30:46 PM) ihp: Jacob tries to steer himself towards Abe, having calmed down now that they're slowing down.
(10:30:56 PM) Wogglebug: Abe cuts his way out.
(10:31:49 PM) lurktablet: Ivan tires to aim for some solid earth. Dont get mah instruments dirty!
(10:31:57 PM) RogetGMs: Jacob, agility to not land on top of Abe
(10:32:03 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan lands in a mangrove
(10:32:09 PM) Wogglebug: (And Abe's pointy knife.)
(10:32:13 PM) ihp: 4df+3 No owy
(10:32:13 PM) Glacon: ihp: No owy: 4 (4df+3=+, +, 0, -)
(10:32:20 PM) gumbal1: Harlan also attempts to land somewhere clean.
(10:32:22 PM) lurktablet: *oomf*
(10:32:23 PM) RogetGMs: 4df+2
(10:32:24 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, -)
(10:32:35 PM) RogetGMs: Jacob and Jed land next to Abe
(10:32:38 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4d+2 Don't Break anything.
(10:32:41 PM) RogetGMs: Harlan lands in a shrub
(10:32:46 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+2
(10:32:46 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: 5 (4df+2=+, +, 0, +)
(10:32:59 PM) Wogglebug: Abe is standing in his parachute, holding a knife. He has his swordcanestaff in the other hand.
(10:33:11 PM) ihp: Jacob tries to claw his way out from under the parachute as soon as he lands, unstrapping himself from Jed.
(10:33:18 PM) Pihoqahiak [~ac.lleb.lsd.3FC8E4AB-CRInys|muN_emirP#ac.lleb.lsd.3FC8E4AB-CRInys|muN_emirP] entered the room.
(10:33:43 PM) lurktablet: Ivan is relieved to be in one piece, even though his expression doesnt reflect it.
(10:33:50 PM) NachtRuine: Jed works his way to his feet once he is unstrapped. He leisurely works his way out.
(10:34:21 PM) lurktablet: Ivan fires a single flare straight up. *piff*
(10:34:24 PM) RogetGMs: Jed, you're in a big foggy swamp
(10:34:39 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler stands up.
(10:34:42 PM) RogetGMs: There's an…. eerie silence in the air, hanging after their dramatic landing
(10:34:45 PM) RogetGMs: no animal sounds
(10:34:45 PM) Wogglebug: Abe makes his way to Ivan.
(10:34:47 PM) RogetGMs: no water sounds
(10:34:48 PM) gumbal1: Harlan looks around for anything pink or metal.
(10:34:48 PM) ihp: "…did we miss the field?"
(10:34:53 PM) NachtRuine: Scratch leisurely, replace with 'with urgency'
(10:34:55 PM) RogetGMs: just…. gentle wind rustling the sawgrass
(10:35:02 PM) Wogglebug: "There was no field."
(10:35:03 PM) NachtRuine: "This probly is the field."
(10:35:09 PM) gumbal1: "No. We were never supposed to be a field."
(10:35:14 PM) gumbal1: *in a field
(10:35:27 PM) gumbal1: "Neither was whatever we're chasing."
(10:35:28 PM) lurktablet: "Firstly, are we all accounted for, gentlemen?"
(10:35:39 PM) ihp: "I-I'm alive…. somehow…"
(10:35:40 PM) Wogglebug: Abe counts everyone.
(10:35:42 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler counts. "Looks that way."
(10:35:43 PM) Wogglebug: "Looks like it."
(10:35:45 PM) NachtRuine: "Jed's here, and he's not sure why."
(10:35:46 PM) gumbal1: "Present."
(10:36:25 PM) RogetGMs is now known as Roget
(10:36:42 PM) lurktablet: "Hopefully our rendezpus spotted my flare."
(10:36:43 PM) gumbal1: "Right. Now, I saw something pink, then something metal. We should look for anything matching that description."
(10:37:02 PM) lurktablet: rendezous
(10:37:13 PM) Roget: There's a distant… sound
(10:37:24 PM) Silber [~ten.sndscps.sloop.AF771477-CRInys|criordna#ten.sndscps.sloop.AF771477-CRInys|criordna] entered the room.
(10:37:27 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Carefully. Remember last time."
(10:37:28 PM) gumbal1: 4df+3 who da fuck is there
(10:37:28 PM) Wogglebug: Abe listens.
(10:37:28 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: who da fuck is there: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
(10:37:30 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+4
(10:37:31 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
(10:37:33 PM) Roget is now known as RogetGMs
(10:37:35 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+4
(10:37:36 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
(10:37:44 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 listening
(10:37:44 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: listening: 4 (4df+5=-, +, 0, -)
(10:38:00 PM) NachtRuine: 4df+2 Jed unsheaths his Bowie knife, just for certainty.
(10:38:00 PM) Glacon: NachtRuine: Jed unsheaths his Bowie knife, just for certainty.: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
(10:38:32 PM) RogetGMs: It sounds like an engine
(10:38:52 PM) Wogglebug: Abe starts heading towards it.
(10:39:14 PM) RogetGMs: *slosh slosh* Abe makes sloshy noises as he moves
(10:39:27 PM) Wogglebug: Abe tries to go mroe stealthily.
(10:39:29 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+10
(10:39:29 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: 9 (4df+10=-, -, 0, +)
(10:39:41 PM) RogetGMs: *sloshing detensifies*
(10:39:42 PM) gumbal1: "I have a feeling this is will all go terribly wrong."
(10:40:07 PM) lurktablet: Ivan just stays put. "Possibly an airboat."
(10:40:24 PM) RogetGMs: The engine noise gradually gets louder, and… Ivan was on the money! It's an airboat!
(10:40:25 PM) NachtRuine: Jed stays mostly put. "Think this's our meetup?"
(10:40:55 PM) lurktablet: "Highly likely, Mr. Sampson."
(10:41:21 PM) RogetGMs: "Hey! Seems you got blown… quite a ways off course. Lucky you sent that flare up, we might've never found ya!"
(10:41:39 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler breathes a sigh of relief.
(10:41:55 PM) gumbal1: Harlan sighs in relief.
(10:41:56 PM) Wogglebug: Abe stares at the boat.
(10:42:11 PM) NachtRuine: "I blame our pilot. Coulda dropped us lower." Jed internally sighs in relief.
(10:42:17 PM) RogetGMs: it's an airboar
(10:42:36 PM) RogetGMs: "Hey, don't want to arouse suspicion. Lotta air force types around here."
(10:43:44 PM) ihp: Jacob looks at the pilot of the airboat. "So. Are you a local?"
(10:43:50 PM) NachtRuine: "Works fer me." Jed approaches boat, sheathing his knife.
(10:44:01 PM) RogetGMs: "I'm yer contact. Names Bob. Bob Dole."
(10:44:04 PM) lurktablet: Ivan steps aboard.
(10:44:08 PM) gumbal1: Harlan also approaches the boat.
(10:44:20 PM) gumbal1: "Mind if we get on?"
(10:44:23 PM) Wogglebug: Abe boards, stealthily.
(10:44:53 PM) RogetGMs: "No, I'm just gonna drive all the way out to leave you here. 'Course yer welcome on."
(10:44:53 PM) ihp: Jacob gets on the boat. "What exactly is it we're going after?"
(10:45:04 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets on
(10:45:15 PM) RogetGMs: "I dunno, they said one of y'all saw it with some kinda superbinoculars."
(10:45:32 PM) gumbal1: "That was me."
(10:45:39 PM) NachtRuine: Jed follows onto the boat. He has good feelings about this.
(10:45:42 PM) RogetGMs: "Good for you!"
(10:45:54 PM) gumbal1: "To be honest, all I saw was something pink and metal. Possibly two things."
(10:46:04 PM) gumbal1: "Know what that might be?"
(10:46:26 PM) RogetGMs: "Maybe a big, pink, red robot. Or something."
(10:46:49 PM) Wogglebug: ~I hope it's a robot.~
(10:47:14 PM) lurktablet: "Well, that may be beyond my scope of work."
(10:47:17 PM) ihp: Jacob hopes it's some form of artificial intelligence as well; it would at least make him useful.
(10:48:08 PM) gumbal1: Harlan hopes it's not.
(10:48:22 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler just wants something that won't attack.
(10:48:32 PM) NachtRuine: Jed's scope of work is a couple thousand miles away.
(10:48:38 PM) RogetGMs: Is everyone on board?
(10:48:45 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler is.
(10:48:53 PM) gumbal1: Harlan is on
(10:49:01 PM) lurktablet: I think so.
(10:49:05 PM) ihp: Jacob is onboard.
(10:49:16 PM) RogetGMs: Presumably everyone is, so VROOM VROOM Bob Dole takes off like a little speed demon
(10:49:41 PM) lurktablet: Ivan covers his ears.
(10:50:45 PM) gumbal1: ~I don't like Florida~
(10:51:28 PM) RogetGMs: They travel through the swamp, around and around the mangroves, cypress knees, sawgrass and cat tails, until they get to a dock.
(10:52:36 PM) lurktablet: Ivan checks his pocket barometer.
(10:52:52 PM) RogetGMs: It's too dark to read it
(10:53:23 PM) lurktablet: *sigh*
(10:54:17 PM) RogetGMs: "Y'all can get off here! We've got a car to take you to town, where we think the things are."
(10:54:21 PM) NachtRuine: Jed regrets not bringing a more powerful flashlight - he only has one that is meant for being able to see screws and such.
(10:54:38 PM) ihp: Jacob gets off the boat, stepping carefully on to the dock.
(10:54:44 PM) gumbal1: "Anybody get a cut, tell me immediately. The swamp'll probably infect it before too long."
(10:54:44 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler steps out of the boat. "Thank you very much, Mr. Dole."
(10:54:55 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler has a feeling he has not seen the last of Mr. Dole.
(10:54:56 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets off the boat.
(10:54:57 PM) RogetGMs: "You're very welcome!"
(10:54:58 PM) Wogglebug: Abe nods and deboats.
(10:55:26 PM) NachtRuine: Jed departs the boat as well. He makes a mental note of the mention of infection.
(10:55:32 PM) Clocks [~moc.rr.ser.ynts.B4BFF052-CRInys|krowkcolC#moc.rr.ser.ynts.B4BFF052-CRInys|krowkcolC] entered the room.
(10:55:35 PM) lurktablet: Ivan silently steps onto the dock.
(10:56:11 PM) RogetGMs: There's a yellow cab waiting. Some people will have to share seats.
(10:56:23 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler gets in the passenger seat.
(10:56:32 PM) Wogglebug: Abe gets in.
(10:56:36 PM) NachtRuine: Jed will not be sharing at the moment, thanks for asking.
(10:56:39 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets in
(10:57:25 PM) lurktablet: Ivan wanted shotgun. He grumbles as he will now probably have to share.
(10:57:37 PM) RogetGMs: Once everyone is in, they ride!
(10:57:55 PM) RogetGMs: The driver looks at them. "So, you're all the big city big shots from new york town?"
(10:58:21 PM) lurktablet: Ivan smells of foriegn cigarettes and toast.
(10:58:51 PM) RogetGMs: They all also have crazy hair right now
(10:58:53 PM) RogetGMs: just to note
(10:59:04 PM) ProcyonLotor: "I'm from Boston originally, but we've all been spending time in Upstate New York."
(10:59:06 PM) RogetGMs: 1d6
(10:59:06 PM) NachtRuine: Jed smells of swamp. Swamp and the undeniable musk of MAN.
(10:59:06 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: 3 (1d6=3)
(10:59:12 PM) RogetGMs: the silliest hair belongs to Jed
(10:59:34 PM) gumbal1: "I'm actually from a small town in Pennsylvania, but yeah, that's where we came from."
(10:59:42 PM) RogetGMs: "Noice. Funny how, instead of hirin' more people down here, they take all the expense to fly people down here."
(11:00:00 PM) NachtRuine: The originally slick, smooth haircut has become more akin to seaweed.
(11:00:06 PM) lurktablet: "USSR."
(11:00:11 PM) gumbal1: ~how did my kippah stay on the whole time~
(11:00:32 PM) RogetGMs: Harlan, the kippah is inside out, but somehow on the same spot of your head
(11:00:58 PM) NachtRuine: "'m from just outside Salem. Walked to New York while working."
(11:01:14 PM) ihp: Jacob tries to pat down his hair. "And I'm from Georgia, originally. We're here on business. We're trying to, uh… to acquire an item that we're told can only be found in Orlando." ~Well, it's technically true.~
(11:01:28 PM) gumbal1: Harlan adjusts his kippah
(11:01:49 PM) RogetGMs: "Hah! You don't need to be secret keepers with me. I'm a fellow skipper, y'see."
(11:02:07 PM) ihp: "…Skipper? We're not in the Navy."
(11:02:21 PM) RogetGMs: "Don't be uptight, friendo."
(11:02:25 PM) lurktablet: Ivan takes a photo of the cab driver. *click*
(11:02:50 PM) RogetGMs: "… Any reason, besides likin' my handsome mug, that you needed that picture?"
(11:03:34 PM) Wogglebug: Abe sits there, waiting.
(11:03:40 PM) lurktablet: "This is an investigation, is ot not? I like to be thorough."
(11:03:53 PM) lurktablet: *it
(11:04:13 PM) ihp: "So, Skipper… what are we going after? Any idea?"
(11:04:28 PM) RogetGMs: "Sure,su-" suddenly, the car hits something with a CRUNCH! The driver is so surprised, he swerves his car, right into the side of the road where it lands in a ditch. AAAAAAA
(11:05:00 PM) lurktablet: "……"
(11:05:02 PM) gumbal1: ~fuck this place~
(11:05:25 PM) Wogglebug: Can Abe roll agility to escape the car?
(11:05:30 PM) Wogglebug: Like, out the window?
(11:05:33 PM) ihp: ~My god I think I hate Florida! And I'm from bloody Georgia!~
(11:05:37 PM) RogetGMs: pdef to see if you get hurt, Abe can roll that too
(11:05:51 PM) gumbal1: 4df+3 fuck this car
(11:05:51 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: fuck this car: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
(11:05:54 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+6 Escaping!
(11:05:55 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Escaping!: 6 (4df+6=-, 0, +, 0)
(11:05:56 PM) NachtRuine: ~This is not gonna be an easy fix, I know that.~ While internally calm, externally he is in a bit of panic similar to plane fears.
(11:06:07 PM) ihp: 4df+3 owies
(11:06:08 PM) Glacon: ihp: owies: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
(11:06:08 PM) lurktablet: 4df+4 ow
(11:06:08 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: ow: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
(11:06:12 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+2 why
(11:06:13 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: why: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
(11:07:07 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan banged his head on the seat, and Tyler whacks his head on the dash
(11:07:12 PM) RogetGMs: the driver appears to be unconscious
(11:07:24 PM) Wogglebug: Did Abe escape?
(11:07:34 PM) RogetGMs: Oh yeah
(11:07:48 PM) RogetGMs: Abe nimbly escapes from the window, like the wizard he is
(11:07:56 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler checks for bleeding, and sees how his vision is.
(11:07:59 PM) Wogglebug: Abe stands outside the car, swordcanestaff at the ready.
(11:08:06 PM) ihp: What about Jacob? Did he get decapitated?
(11:08:07 PM) gumbal1: "Anyone hurt?"
(11:08:07 PM) Wogglebug: "You guys alright?"
(11:08:12 PM) NachtRuine: 4df+6 ohno
(11:08:12 PM) Glacon: NachtRuine: ohno: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
(11:08:16 PM) RogetGMs: jacob falls into the front of the cab and is probably really dizzy
(11:08:20 PM) lurktablet: He rubs his head. "Mr. Cohen, the driver…" He tries to climb out.
(11:08:54 PM) ihp: Jacob groans, standing up to rub his head. "…Next time we have to go to Florida? I'm staying back at Site 19." He tries to stand up and get out of the car.
(11:08:57 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler continues to check his head.
(11:08:59 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets out to inspect the driver.
(11:09:19 PM) lurktablet: Ivan staggers out to see what they hit.
(11:09:23 PM) Wogglebug: Abe runs off to see what they hit.
(11:09:38 PM) RogetGMs: There's a smashed mass of plastic on the road
(11:09:41 PM) lurktablet: Ivan is with Abe.
(11:09:48 PM) RogetGMs: Pause for description of the area
(11:09:49 PM) Wogglebug: How big is it?
(11:09:53 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler stumbles out and follows the group.
(11:10:16 PM) Eskobear left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(11:10:21 PM) NachtRuine: Jed is presumably fine, and follows flow.
(11:11:08 PM) RogetGMs: The road is a small, two lane affair, with either end expanding past the range of their vision. Around it is a wooded area, with tall, branching trees that seems to extend into one another. A thick fog has rolled into the area, tinting the moonlight above to an almost total blue, and making visibility impossible. In the street, there is a series of (continued
(11:11:45 PM) ihp: Jacob limps out of the car, grumbling to himself. "What in the blazes did we hit?"
(11:11:57 PM) RogetGMs: shattered plastic shards, with most being pink, some being orange, and a few being white. There's also two bent metal rods. Other than the sound of the cars engine humming from the ditch, there's total silence.
(11:12:03 PM) RogetGMs: [/unpause]
(11:12:39 PM) ProcyonLotor: "The hell was… whatever that was- doing here?"
(11:12:52 PM) Optimal [ten.enoeciohc.cor.86EE81B7-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.86EE81B7-CRInys|nhoJ] entered the room.
(11:13:00 PM) lurktablet: "Mr. Sampson, what is the condition of our vehicle?"
(11:13:22 PM) NachtRuine: Jed looks at the car. "Probly useless, given our luck thus far."
(11:13:25 PM) gumbal1: 4df+4 how's the driver?
(11:13:26 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: how's the driver?: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
(11:13:29 PM) Wogglebug: Abe inspects.
(11:13:55 PM) ihp: Jacob tries to riddle out what the hell they hit. Perception roll? Academics?
(11:14:06 PM) RogetGMs: he's got a bleeding head wound, but other than that he's fine looking
(11:14:13 PM) MereObserver left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(11:14:28 PM) RogetGMs: Academics to determine what it might've been, perception to see if there's anything else around
(11:14:28 PM) gumbal1: 4df+4 patch that shit up with disinfectant and gauze
(11:14:28 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: patch that shit up with disinfectant and gauze: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
(11:14:48 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+4 Looking for more.
(11:14:48 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Looking for more.: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
(11:14:53 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+6 wut
(11:14:53 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: wut: 4 (4df+6=-, -, +, -)
(11:14:55 PM) ihp: 4df+3 what was this thing
(11:14:56 PM) Glacon: ihp: what was this thing: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, -, 0)
(11:15:01 PM) lurktablet: 4df+6 SCI using physics to approximate speed of car and force of impact, and possibly where the object emerged from?
(11:15:01 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: SCI using physics to approximate speed of car and force of impact, and possibly where the object emerged from?: 4 (4df+6=+, -, -, -)
(11:15:08 PM) ihp: 4df+3 is there anything else?
(11:15:08 PM) Glacon: ihp: is there anything else?: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
(11:15:24 PM) Geothermal [~PI.1197EFEE.52A56BA2.709EFE44|amrehtoeG#PI.1197EFEE.52A56BA2.709EFE44|amrehtoeG] entered the room.
(11:15:25 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+4 and furthermore…
(11:15:26 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: and furthermore…: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
(11:15:57 PM) lurktablet: oh sorry
(11:16:12 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 academics
(11:16:13 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: academics: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, +)
(11:16:26 PM) NachtRuine: After a brief examination, Jed reports back, "Engine's still good, all I see's a bent chassis. Gonna take some work getting it out, if that's the plan."
(11:16:57 PM) RogetGMs: The man is patched up! Harlan, the bleeding seems to be staunched, and the patient is breathing.
(11:17:28 PM) lurktablet: "And what exactly would that entail? All of us pushing it out, Mr. Sampson?"
(11:18:12 PM) RogetGMs: Abe and Jacob hear noises from the woods, from a long ways off. Anyone trying to figure out what it was, it seems to have been by the side of the road and hit by the tire nearest to the roads edge. It was a hollow plastic thing of some sort
(11:18:21 PM) gumbal1: "You okay?"
(11:18:34 PM) Wogglebug: Abe stealths his way towards the noises.
(11:18:39 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+10
(11:18:39 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: 10 (4df+10=+, 0, -, 0)
(11:18:50 PM) NachtRuine: "We coul' try. But we might wanna figure out everythin' else first."
(11:19:23 PM) RogetGMs: Nobody notices Abe as he slips into the woods
(11:19:25 PM) lurktablet: Ivan sees Abe move and quickly draws his revolver, following him….
(11:19:30 PM) ihp: "…pink and plastic. Did we just kill the SCP-" He pronounces it "Essceepee" - "That we were supposed to retrieve?"
(11:19:36 PM) lurktablet: redact
(11:19:36 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, you are soon alone in the dark woods
(11:19:57 PM) Wogglebug: Abe searches fro the sounds, staying quiet and sneaky.
(11:20:05 PM) lurktablet: "Hardly."
(11:20:31 PM) RogetGMs: After a minute, Ivan realizes his fellow ghostbuster is missing
(11:20:39 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, perception
(11:20:46 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+4 Where are youuuu
(11:20:46 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Where are youuuu: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
(11:20:51 PM) NachtRuine: Jed looks the car over to see how difficult it would be getting it out of the ditch.
(11:20:53 PM) lurktablet: !!!!
(11:21:27 PM) lurktablet: "Mr. Eisenstien?" He quick draws. "Where did he go?"
(11:21:27 PM) RogetGMs: Jed, not too hard. It's a pretty shallow ditch
(11:21:47 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, you see a figure standing perfectly still, silhouetted in moonlight and fog
(11:21:53 PM) Wogglebug: What's he look like?
(11:22:02 PM) Wogglebug: Like a big jerk?
(11:22:04 PM) gumbal1: Harlan turns to the remaining people at the car. "Someone should keep watch so nothing sneaks up on him."
(11:22:10 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 perc, where did he go?
(11:22:10 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: perc, where did he go?: 4 (4df+5=-, -, +, 0)
(11:22:22 PM) RogetGMs: Like a shape standing on thin legs
(11:22:27 PM) NachtRuine: "Anyone up t' get the car out? Shouldn't be too hard."
(11:22:35 PM) Wogglebug: Abe heads back to the group.
(11:22:49 PM) RogetGMs: The trunk also popped open from the crash, but didn't break, and is actually pretty spacious
(11:22:55 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, agility to not die
(11:23:05 PM) Wogglebug: Against what sort of thing?
(11:23:05 PM) lurktablet: "Gentlemen, we are one missing."
(11:23:11 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Abe."
(11:23:11 PM) Wogglebug: A physical attack, or a ranged one?
(11:23:16 PM) RogetGMs: a thing coming from above
(11:23:29 PM) ihp: Jacob looks around, cupping his hands and calling. "Abraham?"
(11:23:40 PM) NachtRuine: "Wonderful." Jed turns his attention from the car, unsheathing his knife once again.
(11:23:41 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+6 If it's a physical attack (like fighting), +5 from swordfighting
(11:23:41 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: If it's a physical attack (like fighting), +5 from swordfighting: 4 (4df+6=+, -, -, -)
(11:23:53 PM) lurktablet: Ivan has his revolver ready if peeps are getting abducted.
(11:24:01 PM) RogetGMs: 4df+3
(11:24:01 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
(11:24:22 PM) gumbal1: Harlan readies his knife incase of pink driversnatchers.
(11:24:23 PM) RogetGMs: Abe manages to roll out of the way as a thin metal rod is driven into the ground
(11:24:32 PM) Wogglebug: Abe flees!
(11:24:40 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler pulls out his pistol. He can't really use it, but it makes him feel better.
(11:24:47 PM) RogetGMs: Abe, you hear things right behind you giving chase!!!
(11:25:08 PM) Wogglebug: Abe runs as stealthily as possible, trying to lose them!
(11:25:12 PM) lurktablet: Ivan cocks the hammer. "Nobody saw him leave?"
(11:25:13 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+10 Fuuuuuck
(11:25:13 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Fuuuuuck: 10 (4df+10=0, 0, 0, 0)
(11:25:37 PM) NachtRuine: "I was lookin' at the car."
(11:25:53 PM) gumbal1: "I didn't. Too busy with he driver."
(11:25:59 PM) gumbal1: *the
(11:26:17 PM) RogetGMs: Pause for description
(11:27:23 PM) RogetGMs: SUDDENLY Abe busts the fuck out of the treeline, tearing out of there like a bat out of hell. Pursuing him are four… pink, plastic flamingos, with their stands raised at perfect stabbin' height, being held aloft by plastic wings beating in the air. The beaks are open in a silent battle cry
(11:27:27 PM) RogetGMs: [/unpause]
(11:27:41 PM) NachtRuine: "What."
(11:27:49 PM) Wogglebug: "Fire forward cannons!"
(11:27:53 PM) Wogglebug: Abe dives for cover.
(11:28:14 PM) ihp: Jacob doesn't question it, after the Box incident yesterday. He raises his pistol and tries to graze the wing of one of the flamingos.
(11:28:26 PM) gumbal1: Harlan does the same, lacking ranged weaponry.
(11:28:30 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 shooty
(11:28:30 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: shooty: 3 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, -)
(11:28:34 PM) Silber left the room (AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com )).
(11:28:41 PM) gumbal1: (same as abe, anyways)
(11:28:51 PM) ihp: 4df+3 bang bang bang bang vamanos vamanos
(11:28:51 PM) Glacon: ihp: bang bang bang bang vamanos vamanos: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
(11:28:56 PM) NachtRuine: Jed is ready to stab a motherfucker if a motherfucker wants to fight.
(11:28:57 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler checks to make sure nobody's in his way, then shoots blindly into the woods.
(11:29:02 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df literally no idea what he's doing
(11:29:03 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: literally no idea what he's doing: -1 (4df=-, -, +, 0)
(11:29:16 PM) RogetGMs: Oh lawdy
(11:29:29 PM) gumbal1: "Make sure to keep at least one alive!"
(11:29:30 PM) lurktablet: ooooh boy
(11:29:49 PM) RogetGMs: Alright….
(11:30:58 PM) RogetGMs: The shots fired by Ivan and Jacob cause wings on two flamingos to explode into plastic shards, and they fall t the ground, spinning and thrashing.Tyler, your shot goes wild, grazing Harlan's head and finally hitting a tree branch.
(11:31:21 PM) RogetGMs: Two flamingos are still armed and dangerous, so now they get to roll
(11:31:27 PM) RogetGMs: 4df+4 STABBIN' TIME
(11:31:27 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: STABBIN' TIME: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
(11:31:28 PM) gumbal1: "Hey, watch what you're doing!"
(11:31:29 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Oh shit! Are you alright, Harlan?"
(11:31:46 PM) ihp: 4df+3 Physical defense a go-go!
(11:31:46 PM) Glacon: ihp: Physical defense a go-go!: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, -, 0)
(11:31:52 PM) RogetGMs: 4df+4 POKEY PRODUCTS INCORPORATED PRESENTS PUNCTURE WOUND 4S
(11:31:53 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: POKEY PRODUCTS INCORPORATED PRESENTS PUNCTURE WOUND 4S: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
(11:32:11 PM) lurktablet: 4df+4 block!
(11:32:11 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: block!: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
(11:32:20 PM) Wogglebug: Who is being atcked?
(11:32:26 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan and jacob
(11:33:52 PM) RogetGMs: Jacob, you get poked in the arm, and it's cold, metal, and painful. You drop your gun. Ivan, the damned thing hits you in the calf, going in deep. That's going to hurt in the morning. -2 physical health to both of you.
(11:34:44 PM) RogetGMs: (-1 actually)
(11:34:45 PM) lurktablet: Ivan winces, but now empties his remaing rounds.
(11:35:03 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 die!
(11:35:04 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: die!: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, -)
(11:35:20 PM) ihp: Jacob curses, clutching his arm. "Abraham, for the love of god, do something! Throw rocks at them!" He fumbles around for his gun, trying to hold it in his other hand.
(11:35:28 PM) Wogglebug: Abe swings to disable the one attached to Jacob.
(11:35:39 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+10 Ka-swordcanestaffthing
(11:35:40 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Ka-swordcanestaffthing: 10 (4df+10=+, 0, -, 0)
(11:35:47 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler holds his pistol out to Jacob
(11:35:50 PM) RogetGMs: 4df+3 well shit
(11:35:50 PM) Glacon: RogetGMs: well shit: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
(11:36:05 PM) NachtRuine: Jed wants to do stuff, but also has a newfound fear of being shot. He waits for the right moment.
(11:36:25 PM) gumbal1: "Try to grab them and keep them from getting away!"
(11:36:34 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets out the gauze
(11:36:49 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan, you blow the head off the one right near you, making your ears ring like crazy and killing the shit out of it. Abe… the blow from your cane-sword thing makes angels weep, and as if the thunders of heaven themselves were guiding you, you shatter that motherfucker into about 345,675 individual shards. Whammy!
(11:37:01 PM) RogetGMs: There are still two injured specimens on the ground
(11:37:02 PM) lurktablet: "This is /highly/ unorthodox!"
(11:37:03 PM) Wogglebug: ~Dammit.~
(11:37:08 PM) gumbal1: "Or kill them."
(11:38:06 PM) NachtRuine: "Shoul' I handle the ones flailing about over there?"
(11:38:11 PM) gumbal1: Harlan gets up and turns to Ivan and Jacob. "Anyways, looks like you two could stand to get those wounds looked at."
(11:38:17 PM) lurktablet: Ivan pops open the revolver to reload, all the shells clink against the asphalt. He limps forward.
(11:38:33 PM) Wogglebug: Abe brushes himself off. "Right then. There's something deeper into the woods. When I got near it, these things attacked me. Looked vaguely humanish."
(11:38:37 PM) ihp: Jacob looks around. Wasn't there another one?
(11:39:30 PM) lurktablet: "This time, let's pretend we are a team and stay in a /group/."
(11:39:39 PM) RogetGMs: jacob, perception to look for it
(11:39:49 PM) ihp: 4df+3 where did that last one go?!
(11:39:50 PM) Glacon: ihp: where did that last one go?!: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
(11:39:54 PM) Wogglebug: Abe shrugs.
(11:40:19 PM) gumbal1: "Need help with that wound right now, Ivan?"
(11:40:28 PM) lurktablet: Ivan lifts his pantleg to expose his wound for Harlan.
(11:40:39 PM) gumbal1: 4df+4 bandage and disinfect that shit
(11:40:40 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: bandage and disinfect that shit: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
(11:40:47 PM) lurktablet: "Please."
(11:41:00 PM) RogetGMs: Jacob, you don't hear anything… but that could be a trap!
(11:41:00 PM) NachtRuine: "Anythin' I should do?"
(11:41:08 PM) RogetGMs: The car is still in a ditch, Jed
(11:41:16 PM) lurktablet: (um, what do i roll?)
(11:41:18 PM) ihp: "…there were four of them! Where's the other?!"
(11:41:19 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Let's get it out."
(11:41:28 PM) Wogglebug: "On the ground, thrashing."
(11:41:40 PM) ihp: Jacob counts the flamingos.
(11:41:41 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan needs to roll 4df+1, since he had 1 damage
(11:41:42 PM) NachtRuine: Jed remembers the car. "Right, yes." He gets into position to get it out of ditch.
(11:41:51 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler aids him.
(11:41:52 PM) RogetGMs: Jacob, two dead, two injured
(11:42:04 PM) ihp: "…I miscounted, then. Well."
(11:42:15 PM) lurktablet: 4df+1
(11:42:15 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: 3 (4df+1=+, 0, 0, +)
(11:42:42 PM) NachtRuine: 4df+6 i strong i push little cart
(11:42:43 PM) Glacon: NachtRuine: i strong i push little cart: 2 (4df+6=-, -, -, -)
(11:42:52 PM) lurktablet: Ivan takes some more pictures. *clicky*
(11:42:54 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4d+2 I weak, but I help
(11:43:00 PM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+2 see above
(11:43:00 PM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: see above: 2 (4df+2=-, -, +, +)
(11:43:03 PM) RogetGMs: Ivan, Harlan masterfully wraps yer wounds
(11:43:30 PM) lurktablet: "Much obliged, Mr. Cohen."
(11:43:54 PM) RogetGMs: Jed and Tyler, weak on their own, but with their powers combined, they become captain uncarditchguys!
(11:44:12 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Huzzah!" He then leans over and pants.
(11:44:35 PM) Geothermal left the room (quit: Quit: ).
(11:44:36 PM) gumbal1: "No problem." He turns to Jacob. "You need a bandaging, too."
(11:44:43 PM) NachtRuine: "Coulda sworn it was gonna be easier th'n that. But 's done."
(11:44:48 PM) lurktablet: "Let us get these injured specimens into the trunk."
(11:44:57 PM) ihp: Jacob nods at Harlan, wandering over to him and rolling down his sleeve to expose his room.
(11:45:01 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Thank God. Sounds like a plan."
(11:45:16 PM) lurktablet: Ivan goes to wrangle one off the ground.
(11:45:24 PM) gumbal1: 4df+4 disinfect and bandage, two great tastes great together
(11:45:24 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: disinfect and bandage, two great tastes great together: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
(11:45:24 PM) Wogglebug: "Anyone up to go deal with the guy in the woods? Any takers? I can do it myself, if you want. Just asking for politeness's sake."
(11:45:36 PM) NachtRuine: Jed follows Ivan to the wrangling.
(11:45:37 PM) ihp: I roll 4df+1 for healing, right?
(11:45:42 PM) Wogglebug: Abe's in a violent sort of mood.
(11:45:44 PM) RogetGMs: yup
(11:45:45 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler turns to face the group. "We can fit those bastards in the trunk, if you can get them to stop."
(11:45:46 PM) ihp: 4df+1
(11:45:46 PM) Glacon: ihp: 1 (4df+1=0, -, +, 0)
(11:46:24 PM) RogetGMs: Harlan wraps the wounds well, keeping the bandages tight and the wounds clean of bacterial menaces!
(11:46:37 PM) lurktablet: Ivan drags one over and tosses ot into the trunkspace.
(11:46:53 PM) NachtRuine: Jed follows suit.
(11:47:17 PM) ihp: "…Abraham, perhaps we should go and look for the person you mentioned in the forest?"
(11:47:26 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler checks to see how secure the trunk is.
(11:47:33 PM) Wogglebug: "Yup. Who's ready? Let's all go."
(11:47:52 PM) lurktablet: "Now then, /what/ did you discover in the woods, Mr. Eisenstien?" He lights a cig.
(11:47:54 PM) ProcyonLotor: "I'll keep watch over the ones we have. Not much help when it comes to blows."
(11:48:04 PM) Wogglebug: "Some guy. Looked creepy."
(11:48:10 PM) Wogglebug: "Humanish, though."
(11:48:18 PM) lurktablet: He trudges on.
(11:48:28 PM) Wogglebug: Abe leads the expedition into the forest.
(11:48:43 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+10 /sneakily/
(11:48:43 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: /sneakily/: 10 (4df+10=+, 0, 0, -)
(11:48:45 PM) gumbal1: "I guess I'll follow. The swamp does wonders infecting wounds."
(11:48:54 PM) lurktablet: "Professor, keep watch if I have to use another flare."
(11:49:09 PM) RogetGMs: Who is following Abe into the woods, and who is staying?
(11:49:20 PM) ihp: Jacob decides to stay behind with the professor.
(11:49:21 PM) gumbal1: Following
(11:49:21 PM) lurktablet: Ivan follows, revolver out.
(11:49:48 PM) NachtRuine: Jed stays behind. He is comfortable with car.
(11:50:00 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler nods. That makes three.
(11:50:33 PM) lurktablet: Ivan turns on his emf detector just in case.
(11:50:37 PM) TwistedGears [ten.xoc.hp.hp.98695BEF-CRInys|aeGdetsiwT#ten.xoc.hp.hp.98695BEF-CRInys|aeGdetsiwT] entered the room.
(11:51:13 PM) RogetGMs: so Abe, Harlan, Jed and Jacob behind, Abe, Ivan and Harlan investigatoring?
(11:51:30 PM) gumbal1: Harlan investigating
(11:51:35 PM) Wogglebug: Sure
(11:51:48 PM) ProcyonLotor: Jed, Tyler, and Jacob are behind.
(11:51:59 PM) ihp: Tyler, Jed and Jacob behind, Harlan, Ivan and Abe investigating.

Stay Behind Split
(11:53:06 PM) NachtRuine: Jed looks over his knife. "Not much use fer a knife in a gunfight, is there?"
(11:53:50 PM) ihp: "At least you have a knife. I have to make do with a doorknob."
(11:53:55 PM) RogetGMs: You all waiting see a car coming up from the road.
(11:54:24 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Do you want my pistol, Jacob? I'm worse than useless with it."
(11:54:32 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Wait- who's that?"
(11:54:48 PM) NachtRuine: Jed turns to look at said car. He wonders, but he sheaths his knife. Keeps his hand on it, but it's sheathed nevertheless.
(11:55:06 PM) ihp: Jacob looks down the road, nodding and taking Tyler's pistol. "If you don't mind… I'll find my gun when I get a chance."
(11:55:15 PM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler nods.
(11:56:11 PM) RogetGMs: The car drives up, then slows down. The window is rolled down. "Say, everything okay here?"
(11:56:19 PM) RogetGMs: guy looks like just some average joe
(11:56:51 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Would you happen to know a Mr. Dole?"
(11:56:59 PM) ihp: More accurate description? Hat?
(11:57:09 PM) ihp: Skin color?
(11:58:07 PM) RogetGMs: white, wearing business clothes and a hat
(11:58:12 PM) RogetGMs: "What?"
(11:58:34 PM) ProcyonLotor: "Do you know a man named Robert Dole in the area?"
(11:59:47 PM) RogetGMs: "… No? I'm just on my way to Miami on business, for mister Flagler. Are you okay, sir?"
(11:59:53 PM) ihp: "He's… he's a business partner of ours. Our car ran off the road, and since we hadn't arrived in town yet, we were wondering if he sent someone to check on us."
(12/29/2013 12:00:37 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler turns to Jed. "Does the car work? Do we need a jump start?"
(12:00:47 AM) RogetGMs: "No, I just passed from town, didn't see nobody heading up this way. You want I should go back, get the sherrif to help?"
(12:01:44 AM) NachtRuine: "The engine's fine, just a lil' fender bender. At least from what I saw."
(12:02:29 AM) NachtRuine: "Lemme double check t' be sure."
(12:02:31 AM) ProcyonLotor: "We should be fine, just wondering after our associate. Thanks for stopping."
(12:02:40 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Hold on a moment, though."
(12:02:49 AM) ProcyonLotor: "/Might/ need a jump-start."
(12:03:04 AM) NachtRuine: Jed goes over and gives the car another look now that it isn't in a ditch.
(12:03:13 AM) RogetGMs: Looks like it should run just fine
(12:03:27 AM) RogetGMs: "Well, I don't got no jumper cables… sherrif might, though."
(12:03:50 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler smiles at the traveler. "We should be fine. Have a safe trip, sir."
(12:04:07 AM) NachtRuine: "Nnnnope. Just fine."
(12:04:50 AM) RogetGMs: "What're you all doing out here at this ungodly hour, anyways?"
(12:05:44 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Looking at some property way out in the swamps. Took a lot longer getting out there than we'd anticipated. Crashing didn't help."
(12:07:13 AM) ihp: should we be doing bluff rolls?
(12:08:01 AM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+3 Why we need property in the swamp, however, is none of your buisiness.
(12:08:01 AM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: Why we need property in the swamp, however, is none of your buisiness.: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
(12:08:13 AM) RogetGMs: Bluff rolls, yes
(12:08:25 AM) RogetGMs: forgot to mention it >.>
(12:08:53 AM) NachtRuine: Jed has not lied at any point.
(12:10:02 AM) ihp: 4df I don't have any points in bluff; for the earlier lie about Bob checking on us
(12:10:02 AM) Glacon: ihp: I don't have any points in bluff; for the earlier lie about Bob checking on us: -1 (4df=0, 0, -, 0)
(12:13:36 AM) RogetGMs: The man raises an eyebrow at Jacob. "You okay, son? You're sweatin'?"
(12:14:08 AM) NachtRuine: "We ain't quite used t' the weather here. We're from up North."
(12:14:31 AM) NachtRuine: Jed has also been sweating due to the jacket he forgot to not bring.
(12:15:40 AM) ProcyonLotor: "A bit shaken up from the crash as well. Pretty surprising."
(12:16:08 AM) RogetGMs: "Really? Why're you buying property down here? It's worthless swampland."
(12:17:06 AM) ProcyonLotor: "You seem an on-the-level guy. Don't go spreadin' this around, but there's a whole bunch of oil out in that murk."
(12:17:19 AM) ProcyonLotor: 4df+3 Or maybe we'll build a theme park.
(12:17:19 AM) Glacon: ProcyonLotor: Or maybe we'll build a theme park.: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
(12:20:20 AM) RogetGMs: 4df+8 he's a local so he knows that's bullshit, and theme parks as a concept don't exist
(12:20:21 AM) Glacon: RogetGMs: he's a local so he knows that's bullshit, and theme parks as a concept don't exist: 5 (4df+8=-, -, -, 0)
(12:20:49 AM) ProcyonLotor: (theme park was just flavor)
(12:20:59 AM) RogetGMs: "Oil? Ain't no oil out there. And why'd you build a park out here, and not on the Dixie?"
(12:21:05 AM) RogetGMs: (no its cool rolling with it)
(12:21:11 AM) RogetGMs: He's sounding slightly suspiciouis
(12:21:19 AM) ProcyonLotor: (kk.)
(12:22:26 AM) Neutronium [tahw.gnitfihs|mgidarap#tahw.gnitfihs|mgidarap] entered the room.
(12:22:31 AM) ProcyonLotor: "No oil? Are you certain? Our associate assured us that…" He feigns thinking for a moment. "I'm going to have to have a nice long talk with Mr. Dole. As for the theme park, well, you have to admit there's a certain magic in the air around here, wouldn't you?"
(12:22:52 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Besides. Cheap as all get out."
(12:23:37 AM) RogetGMs: "… Land is cheap, I'll give you that."
(12:24:11 AM) ihp: Jacob wonders where the hell the other group is.
(12:25:38 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Although you may have saved us even more money, now that we understand there's been a …misunderstanding over the claimed value of our associate's land."
(12:26:12 AM) RogetGMs: "Alright… well I wont keep you gents any longer. My business awaits. Good luck!"
(12:26:16 AM) RogetGMs: he drives off into that good night
(12:27:18 AM) NachtRuine: Once he drives off far enough to ensure he'd never ever hear them, Jed says, "Remind me never t' play poker with ya." He chuckles with relief.

Investigating Split
(11:52:57 PM) RogetGMs: The woods are dark and spooky-wooky
(11:53:00 PM) lurktablet [PI.F1BF461F.DF4415B6.7EA1F794|tibbiM#PI.F1BF461F.DF4415B6.7EA1F794|tibbiM] entered the room.
(11:53:07 PM) Wogglebug: Abe sneakthiefs his way through the forest, leading the troops through the sneakiest bits.
(11:53:59 PM) lurktablet: Ivan has ahamd ona gun and a hand on an emf detector… this is his kind of science.
(11:54:09 PM) RogetGMs: They soon reach the area Abe was attacked… there'
(11:54:14 PM) gumbal1: Harlan has his knife out.
(11:54:16 PM) RogetGMs: s a scuffley-looking area
(11:54:22 PM) RogetGMs: where some fisticuffs may have gone down
(11:54:30 PM) gumbal1: 4df+3 look for shit
(11:54:30 PM) Glacon: gumbal1: look for shit: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
(11:54:32 PM) lurktablet: "….."
(11:55:01 PM) lurktablet: 4df+5 all of my wilderness explorer training… perc i mean
(11:55:02 PM) Glacon: lurktablet: all of my wilderness explorer training… perc i mean: 2 (4df+5=0, -, -, -)
(11:55:15 PM) Wogglebug: 4df+4 Looking for the big jerk.
(11:55:15 PM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Looking for the big jerk.: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
(11:56:55 PM) RogetGMs: There's a clearing up ahead…
(11:57:31 PM) Wogglebug: Abe goes to kill /something/
(11:58:18 PM) lurktablet: Ivan covers him. His overcoat scrapes the ground a bit as he crouches.
(11:58:25 PM) gumbal1: Harlan follows to incapacitate/heal something
(12/29/2013 12:00:01 AM) RogetGMs: There's a hole in the middle of the clearing
(12:00:27 AM) Wogglebug: Abe sneaks over to check it out.
(12:00:50 AM) gumbal1: Harlan checks this hole.
(12:00:59 AM) RogetGMs: There's a skeleton in it
(12:01:27 AM) lurktablet: Ivan waves the detector in the air.
(12:01:40 AM) Wogglebug: Is it alive?
(12:01:54 AM) Wogglebug: Abe detects for magic.
(12:02:02 AM) lurktablet: 4df+6 SCI to determine possible cause of death
(12:02:02 AM) Glacon: lurktablet: SCI to determine possible cause of death: 8 (4df+6=+, 0, 0, +)
(12:02:44 AM) gumbal1: 4df+4 check the skeleton for death cause
(12:02:45 AM) Glacon: gumbal1: check the skeleton for death cause: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
(12:02:59 AM) RogetGMs: Dead as a bone, COD is probably the holes in its head, look like something poked right through the cranium. That is… a lot of force, necessary to do that, wow
(12:03:46 AM) Wogglebug: Abe does a quick perimeter check, because he sees where this is going
(12:03:48 AM) Wogglebug: 4df+4
(12:03:48 AM) Glacon: Wogglebug: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
(12:03:49 AM) lurktablet: "…a nest?"
(12:04:44 AM) gumbal1: (What shape is the hole?)
(12:05:12 AM) RogetGMs: Circular, with bits of wood stuff in it. Nest-like in appearance, in a sort of minimalist way
(12:05:26 AM) RogetGMs: Abe, you see some movement behind you all
(12:05:28 AM) gumbal1: "Looks like it."
(12:05:39 AM) Wogglebug: "Look alive!"
(12:05:46 AM) Wogglebug: Abe bullrushes.
(12:06:01 AM) gumbal1: Harlan turns to where Abe just rushed.
(12:06:10 AM) Wogglebug: Can Abe attack?
(12:06:23 AM) Wogglebug: Or see what it is?
(12:06:27 AM) lurktablet: Ivan whips around gun drawn. "Please stop."
(12:06:56 AM) gumbal1: "Subdue it. The Admin probably want an undamaged one."
(12:07:29 AM) lurktablet: Ivan cocks the hammer back.
(12:07:33 AM) RogetGMs: It's a flamingo! A big one!
(12:07:40 AM) Wogglebug: How big?
(12:08:00 AM) RogetGMs: It comes out of the brush and rushes them like a bat outta hell! Twice as big as the others, so twice the size of an average lawn flamingo
(12:08:09 AM) lurktablet: "….Do not provoke, gentlemen."
(12:08:14 AM) Wogglebug: ~4 foot
(12:08:33 AM) RogetGMs: yeah
(12:08:39 AM) Wogglebug: Abe moves to disable it.
(12:09:04 AM) Wogglebug: Can Abe roll attack?
(12:09:54 AM) lurktablet: Ivan keeps his distance if he needs to put holes in it.
(12:11:30 AM) gumbal1: Harlan keeps his distance, not wanting to provoke it.
(12:14:42 AM) RogetGMs: Abe sure can
(12:14:56 AM) Wogglebug: 4df+10 Trying to incapacitate it
(12:14:56 AM) Glacon: Wogglebug: Trying to incapacitate it: 10 (4df+10=-, +, -, +)
(12:16:33 AM) RogetGMs: 4df+6 GRR I AM BIG
(12:16:34 AM) Glacon: RogetGMs: GRR I AM BIG: 6 (4df+6=+, 0, 0, -)
(12:16:51 AM) RogetGMs: Abe manages to wrestle it down, but it's kicking and putting up a hell of a fight!
(12:17:18 AM) gumbal1: 4df+4 help incapacitate that fucker (Value of Life)
(12:17:19 AM) Glacon: gumbal1: help incapacitate that fucker (Value of Life): 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
(12:17:33 AM) lurktablet: "If only we had rope…"
(12:17:46 AM) gumbal1: The gauze!
(12:17:52 AM) lurktablet: 4df I'll try…
(12:17:52 AM) Glacon: lurktablet: I'll try…: 1 (4df=0, +, +, -)
(12:18:19 AM) gumbal1: 4df+4 THE BIRD IN GAUZE, THE BIRD IN GAUZE
(12:18:19 AM) Glacon: gumbal1: THE BIRD IN GAUZE, THE BIRD IN GAUZE: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, +)
(12:22:14 AM) RogetGMs: With Ivan holding it, and Harlan wrapping it up, they manage to get it down and wrapped!
(12:22:17 AM) RogetGMs: TEAMWORK!
(12:22:29 AM) RogetGMs: They're all muddy and grubby now from rolling in the dirt
(12:22:36 AM) gumbal1: "Gauze never lets me down."
(12:22:39 AM) Wogglebug: "Go team!"
(12:24:08 AM) lurktablet: Ivan feels disgusted now that he's all dirty.
(12:24:43 AM) Wogglebug: Abe looks around. is there anything else?
(12:24:46 AM) lurktablet: He makes sure to get shots of the specimen and the nest. *clicky*
(12:26:17 AM) gumbal1: "Should we bring it back now?"
(12:26:39 AM) lurktablet: "I hope this will be suffecient enough to conclude this endeavor."
(12:27:09 AM) lurktablet: "Yes, let's take it back."
(12:27:19 AM) Wogglebug: Abe begins to drag the thign.
(12:27:36 AM) lurktablet: Ivan brings up the rear.
(12:27:38 AM) RogetGMs: They return to home improvement!

Together Again Run
(12:27:54 AM) Wogglebug: The crew shows up, mummified giant flamingo in tow.
(12:28:06 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Heh. You learn how to bullshit, dealing with other professors."
(12:28:10 AM) Wogglebug: Abe's very smiley.
(12:28:20 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler looks towards Abe's group. "Got some more?"
(12:28:26 AM) lurktablet: Ivan looks muddied up and irritated.
(12:28:26 AM) Wogglebug: "Just the one."
(12:28:28 AM) gumbal1: Harlan is covered in dirt, but smiling.
(12:28:35 AM) ihp: Jacob stares at the flamingo. "…how on earth do you intend to get that back to the Site?"
(12:28:40 AM) Wogglebug: Abe dumps it in the trunk with the others.
(12:28:46 AM) Wogglebug: He pushes it in with his foot.
(12:28:49 AM) NachtRuine: "Trunk's got space."
(12:28:51 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler holds the other flamingos in.
(12:29:09 AM) ihp: "…right. Now… how are we going to get home?"
(12:29:14 AM) gumbal1: "Should I tie those two up, too?"
(12:29:18 AM) ihp: "Does anyone know where the nearest airstrip is?"
(12:29:32 AM) lurktablet: "Any idea where our destination originally was?"
(12:29:35 AM) NachtRuine: "Well, car works. Let's start with that."
(12:29:40 AM) Wogglebug: Abe wonders how hard teleportation would be. Probably pretty hard.
(12:29:46 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Drive into town, if there is one."
(12:30:01 AM) lurktablet: Ivan quickly claims shotgun this time.
(12:30:17 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler drives. (what about the driver?)
(12:30:18 AM) RogetGMs: The driver stirrs in wherever they put him
(12:30:26 AM) RogetGMs: "… What happened?"
(12:30:42 AM) lurktablet: "We crashed."
(12:30:48 AM) NachtRuine: "Job's done."
(12:30:57 AM) ProcyonLotor: "We crashed, had a few scrapes. You'll be fine, but we'll explain when we get into town. You good enough to give directions?"
(12:31:00 AM) lurktablet: Ivan nods.
(12:31:06 AM) gumbal1: "We found some flying lawn flamingos."
(12:31:11 AM) RogetGMs: "Yeah, yeah… to go into town?"
(12:31:18 AM) ihp: Jacob rubs the sore area on his arm and grumbles.
(12:31:19 AM) ProcyonLotor: "Airstrip?"
(12:31:22 AM) NachtRuine: "Wherever we need t' be."
(12:31:31 AM) NachtRuine: Jed gets into the car.
(12:31:36 AM) RogetGMs: "Just into town… if you're done they can fly you back."
(12:31:51 AM) Wogglebug: Abe boards the SS Crashy.
(12:31:57 AM) gumbal1: Harlan gets in the car.
(12:32:05 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler nods, and puts the car into gear. "All aboard?"
(12:32:31 AM) RogetGMs: choo choo
(12:32:36 AM) lurktablet: "I've had my fill of Florida."
(12:33:36 AM) gumbal1: "Can't wait to clean up."
(12:33:37 AM) NachtRuine: "People're nice, that's fer sure. Tad perceptive bunch, but nice."
(12:33:38 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler sets off.
(12:33:52 AM) ihp: "I lived in Georgia, growing up… I can see why father never wanted me to come down further south."
(12:34:23 AM) RogetGMs: They are soon making good time towards town… the fog has let up a bit, so it's easier to see around.
(12:35:12 AM) ProcyonLotor: "I can't see why anybody would ever want to spend time here. Hell on earth."
(12:35:27 AM) lurktablet: "By the way sir, there are three specimens in the trunk."
(12:35:43 AM) RogetGMs: "Oh, okay, works for me, friend."
(12:36:07 AM) RogetGMs: (wrapping up now)
(12:36:12 AM) lurktablet: Ivan lights a cig, startin on his second pack of the day.
(12:36:59 AM) RogetGMs: Soon, they reach town, where they meet up with enough Foundation liason's to get themselves and the newly christened E-1507 on a plane back to New York. A nicer plane, with blackjack and hookers cupholders and upholstered seats.
(12:38:06 AM) lurktablet: He sleeps all the way home.
(12:38:17 AM) NachtRuine: This time around, Jed doesn't freak out as much as he did before. He'd almost be relaxed if he weren't on a plane.
(12:38:39 AM) ProcyonLotor: Tyler continues looking out the window, like a dog.
(12:38:55 AM) ihp: Jacob sleeps as well.
(12:39:22 AM) RogetGMs: They soon reach home, where they are hurried home on another Jeep driven by a different guy. They soon reach the site, and can waltz into it in #origins-ic
(12:39:31 AM) Wogglebug: Abe stares at the sleeping people.
(12:40:11 AM) RogetGMs: creep

Post-run Soft-RP
(12:40:45 AM) Wogglebug: Abe goes off to file the report.
(12:40:53 AM) NachtRuine: "Are all first missions that terrible?"
(12:41:08 AM) gumbal1: "That was our third."
(12:41:29 AM) NachtRuine: "My first. Kept behind and fixed stuff usually."
(12:41:32 AM) RogetGMs is now known as Roget
(12:42:12 AM) ProcyonLotor: "My first went even worse. Almost got eaten by a box."
(12:43:07 AM) NachtRuine: "So no, then?"
(12:43:38 AM) gumbal1: "Nah. Sometimes you get a jar of snakes that only causes a nosebleed."
(12:43:41 AM) lurktablet: Ivan hustles off to the dark room to go get his film developed.
(12:44:39 AM) NachtRuine: "Right. So sometimes. Noted. Also, I don't believe I have you gents' names. Jed."
(12:45:14 AM) gumbal1: "I'm Harlan Cohen." He puts out his hand.
(12:45:38 AM) lurktablet left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(12:46:47 AM) NachtRuine: He takes it and shakes it. My, what large hands Jed has. "Harlan."
(12:47:42 AM) ihp: Jacob goes right the fuck to bed. He'll tell Jed his name some time.
(12:49:07 AM) Optimal: Frederick Ibel settles into his living quarters. After sorting all of his blazers and dress shirts in his closet, he sits on his bed and reads Bradbury's new novel, Fahrenheit 451.
(12:50:26 AM) NachtRuine: Jed notices Jacob going right the fuck to bed. "Guy's yet to give me his name and we've met twice. Even shared a parachute. But y'know." He leaves that hanging.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License