In the Realm of the Forest God

[02:45:01] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall walks back outside.
[02:45:21] <padri> Laura walks cautiously into the forest.
[02:45:23] * Proto_Lost has joined #homeimprovement
[02:45:51] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall sees her. "Ms. Moodie! Do you know what that is?"
[02:46:00] <WetBeard> Solomon somehow finds himself back out side.
[02:46:15] <Wogglebug> The forest is dark, and brooding, like a teenager hoping its parents don't notice the piercing.
[02:46:16] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich exits for some fresh air, seeing the others, he approaches as well
[02:46:20] <padri> "It's the spiders."
[02:46:29] <Proto_Lost> She arrives at the motor pool, looking all frightened. "Sp-spiders?"
[02:46:33] * Nemi has joined #homeimprovement
[02:46:47] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh." She sounds worried, having heard about the reports.
[02:46:58] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at Laura, he remembers her from last night,
[02:46:59] <Wogglebug> SCReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
[02:47:01] <ZombieRaptor> "Should we investigate?"
[02:47:07] <Wogglebug> Dear god that thing is loud.
[02:47:23] <Wogglebug> If anyone has ever been stepped on by an elephant, it's about that loud.
[02:47:23] <WetBeard> Solomon ducks, cautiously.
[02:47:34] <Proto_Lost> She looks out to the forest fearfully, stepping backwards a little. "…mmm…"
[02:47:35] <padri> Laura walks into the forest. She hopes she'll find an ant before she dies.
[02:47:36] <Wogglebug> If loudness was in units of 1/1000 of an elephant.
[02:47:54] <Wogglebug> Laura somehow knows there are no Ants in the forest.
[02:47:59] <Wogglebug> Only death.
[02:48:02] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall follows, ms Moodie shouldn't be on her own.
[02:48:18] <padri> She hopes the death isnt for her.
[02:48:22] <WetBeard> Solomon keeps a hand on his short sword, keeping his distance from the forest.
[02:48:36] <Nemi> Basile is out up at the front of the Site, smoking. Because that is what he do. At the horrible screech, he rises, brushes some snow off his person, and approaches the forest.
[02:48:52] <Wogglebug> Sounds spider-esque, Basile.
[02:49:01] <Proto_Lost> There's a fella with a sword around, and Fran instantly gravitates toward him. Because she sure as hell doesn't.
[02:49:26] <Wogglebug> The woods darken as they make their way towards the shrieks, heading North.
[02:49:40] <WetBeard> Solomon looks to Basile "Any idea what that was?" he continues to approach the forest.
[02:49:56] <padri> Does Laura recognize the way to Abe's?
[02:50:01] <Wogglebug> Dear god woods get dark at night. No one mentions that, in the movies. It's like staring at a wall. Except the wall is black.
[02:50:13] <ZombieRaptor> A sword?(dat ain't practical, which is why Kendall is katana less)
[02:50:20] <Wogglebug> Laura would, get the general idea, probably. There's only one North.
[02:50:53] <Nemi> "Spider," He says, completely comfortable in the woods despite the darkness and spookiness. "Rather large one, I'd say."
[02:50:58] <Wogglebug> Are they all together, now?
[02:51:03] <ZombieRaptor> Yes
[02:51:08] <Wogglebug> Right.
[02:51:10] <WetBeard> As Solomon looks into the darkness of the woods he slowly draws his short sword "Spider…?"
[02:51:21] <ZombieRaptor> "The big spiders?"
[02:51:32] <Nemi> "Oh, yes." Can he determine if it's a screech of pain, or of anger?
[02:51:45] <Wogglebug> It's a screech of spider.
[02:51:58] <Wogglebug> They all walk North for a good long while, until they reach a slight dip in the land.
[02:52:01] <Nemi> There's a point of light indicating Basile's presence. Otherwise he, amusingly enough, blends rather well into the darkness around him.
[02:52:13] <WetBeard> Solomon can't help but grin a bit, finally something to practice on.
[02:52:44] <padri> Laura leads the way. They reach the lake?
[02:52:44] <Wogglebug> From above the lower trees they can see the crater-formerly-known-as-Abe's-hovel, now the -lake-formerly-known-as-Abe's-hovel. Water fills its ridiculously perfect brim.
[02:52:45] * notaglitch has left #homeimprovement ()
[02:53:01] <Wogglebug> Also, a giant dead Spider and a few dozen security personnel.
[02:53:15] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall frowns. "Oh dear."
[02:53:23] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at the lake and then the security personnel "They beet us to it?"
[02:53:25] <ZombieRaptor> "Are you boys alright?"
[02:53:27] <Wogglebug> The Spider, easily two stories tall, is half-submerged at one end of the small lake.
[02:53:30] <WetBeard> *Beat
[02:53:32] <Proto_Lost> She eyes the spider and lets out a shrill scream, before clamping a shaky hand onto her mouth.
[02:53:37] <padri> Laura sighs, happy to see the people alright.
[02:53:44] <Wogglebug> The guards are clustered around its unmoving form, talking.
[02:53:46] <Nemi> "Ah." He walks up to the giant dead spider as close as he can get, humming a wordless, cheerful tune as he goes.
[02:53:50] <Wogglebug> There are several large helicopters nearby.
[02:53:54] <Wogglebug> Three of them.
[02:54:10] <Nemi> If he can touch it, he'll put a hand on a limb or carapce bit.
[02:54:14] <Wogglebug> One of the guards turns and waves at Kendall, signaling them all over.
[02:54:24] <Wogglebug> He could, theoretically.
[02:54:27] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall comes over. "Are you all alright?"
[02:54:33] <padri> Laura eyes the negro suspiciously.
[02:54:41] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at the helicopters and then back at the security personnel and walks over to them and examines the large spider.
[02:54:51] <padri> She walks over to the personnel.
[02:55:02] <Wogglebug> "Well enough. Got a report, came out to see, saw a spider, squashed it. What are you lot doing here?"
[02:55:16] <ZombieRaptor> "We heard the gun reports."
[02:55:21] <padri> "We heard the screams."
[02:55:25] <Proto_Lost> "H-heard a sh-scream of s-some kind."
[02:55:42] <Nemi> "Heard the screech," Basile supplies. "This's one of the.. Other Spiders. They've a different god."
[02:55:47] <Wogglebug> "Ahh. Right. That. Loud, wasn't it. Short work for the boys, though."
[02:55:48] <WetBeard> Solomon frowns and stays quiet, examining his surroundings.
[02:56:00] <Wogglebug> He jerks a thumb at the huge guns on the helicopters.
[02:56:20] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich approachs, glancing up at the helicoptors, after having put his sketchpad away
[02:56:35] <Wogglebug> They're big helicopters.
[02:56:38] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at Basile "The Spiders have gods too?"
[02:56:39] <padri> Laura nods, looking at them.
[02:56:57] <ZombieRaptor> "Are the helicopters foundation owned now?"
[02:57:07] <Proto_Lost> "A-ah…are th-there m-more of th-them?" She looks around at the forest fearfully expecting one to come screaming out of the woods.
[02:57:17] <Wogglebug> "S'more of a partnership type dealy, but to an extent."
[02:57:17] <padri> "Lots."
[02:57:24] <Nemi> "Mm. Might have been the wrong choice of phrasing." He lets out a low chuckle. "I tried to reach out to their spirit, once. It's huge, very powerful, and very old."
[02:57:29] <Wogglebug> The man signals out towards the lake.
[02:57:45] <Wogglebug> "See that thing, sort of shimmering by the rock wall there? They came from it, I think."
[02:57:51] <padri> She looks around, wishing she remembered the way to the web.
[02:57:58] <WetBeard> Solomon was never very religious, but believes gods could exist.
[02:58:08] <Wogglebug> Percep to see the thing he points at.
[02:58:17] <Wogglebug> Might have to squint a bit.
[02:58:18] <padri> 4df+6
[02:58:19] <Glacon> padri: 4 (4df+6=0, 4-, 4-, 0)
[02:58:21] <WetBeard> 4df+8
[02:58:21] <Glacon> WetBeard: 9 (4df+8=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[02:58:23] <Nemi> 4df+7 per
[02:58:24] <Glacon> Nemi: per: 5 (4df+7=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[02:58:27] <Proto_Lost> 4df+3 squints
[02:58:27] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: squints: 3 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[02:58:30] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4
[02:58:30] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 4-, 0)
[02:58:33] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[02:58:33] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 2 (4df+5=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[02:58:50] <Wogglebug> Basile and Soloman can see it, It's sort of like a concave disk, attached to the wall by filaments of glass.
[02:59:10] <padri> "Where?"
[02:59:14] <WetBeard> Solomon raises an eyebrow "What do you think it is?"
[02:59:21] <Wogglebug> "Anyway, it came through, started wrecking shit. We came down, shot it up. Thing is, though…"
[02:59:40] <Nemi> Basile peers toward the object through squinting eyes. He's got rather good night vision. "Well, ain't that something. Looks like some kind of portal." He glances up at the speaking guard. "Yes?"
[02:59:56] <Wogglebug> "Thing is there were two of 'em. This one, and another. Looked liek some big fat bugger, with too many legs. Way too many legs. Ran off after we showed up. Scared, I guess."
[03:00:05] <Wogglebug> The guard nods at Basile vaguely.
[03:00:16] <Wogglebug> "Thing is, though."
[03:00:27] <padri> Laura frowns. Can she roll to remember about anything like this?"
[03:00:37] <WetBeard> Solomon tenses a bit, this may be a bit more than just the practice he was thinking of.
[03:01:00] <Wogglebug> "We came here with four choppers. Fourth one, Buddy was flyin' rushed through after the guy. We thought he was gonna crash."
[03:01:03] <Wogglebug> Laura, no.
[03:01:15] <Wogglebug> "Just went right through, after the thing."
[03:01:16] <padri> kk
[03:01:20] <Wogglebug> "Like a rat chasing a dog."
[03:01:20] <Proto_Lost> Fran is deeply regretting coming out here now…she's a doctor not an exterminator dammit!
[03:01:39] <Nemi> Basile's brows rise. "Aah. Through the shimmering veil. That was very reckless."
[03:01:50] <ZombieRaptor> "Should we go through and make sure they're alright?"
[03:01:55] <Wogglebug> "We tried to call 'im back, over the water, but he just didn't answer. Line was up and all. Just no response."
[03:02:07] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at Fran, he remembers her a bit, he then turns to Basile "You seem to know what's going on, what should we do?"
[03:02:13] <padri> "I think I've been there before."
[03:02:30] <Wogglebug> The man slaps Kendall across the shoulder. "Hell, what'do ya think we're here for. We'll sort 'em, no worries. You all should head on home."
[03:02:37] <Wogglebug> The man stops, and turns to Laura.
[03:02:46] <Wogglebug> "What'do'ya mean, there?"
[03:02:57] <Proto_Lost> "I um..I d-don't think that's…that-that…that that's w-w-ise."
[03:03:08] <padri> "Through the portal. But it was a spiderweb before."
[03:03:11] <Denied_Existence> "Your helicopters vill have problems in the woodlands."
[03:03:27] <Wogglebug> "Did ya now…"
[03:03:34] <Wogglebug> "You lto know anything about the buggers?"
[03:03:37] <Wogglebug> lot
[03:03:58] <padri> "…a bit." ~More than I'd care to admit.~
[03:03:59] <ZombieRaptor> "Well, you guys could use some help I'm sure, why don't you let us tag along?" Can I roll persuasion?
[03:04:09] <Wogglebug> "Hrmm."
[03:04:11] <Nemi> "Something of them. I would caution against following them to their realm.. I have seen the power that resides there. It is oppressive and powerful. I may be able to .. reason with it, but I will need insulation from its wrath."
[03:04:44] <Proto_Lost> "C-can't they h-ha-han-handle this on th-the-their own though?"
[03:04:44] <padri> She looks at the negro, unsure how to deal with him.
[03:04:44] <WetBeard> Solomon frowns at Basile's words, even that sounds a bit /too/ crazy.
[03:04:49] <Wogglebug> "Well, Mike's got room in Bravo. Suppose you all could tag along."
[03:04:58] <Wogglebug> One of the men gives Basile a funny look.
[03:05:04] <Wogglebug> "For advisement, mind."
[03:05:16] <Wogglebug> "Seein' as you lot seemto have been there."
[03:05:19] <Nemi> Basile gives the man a wry look.
[03:05:51] <WetBeard> Solomon just gives a blank look at the man, he then looks back to his short sword.
[03:06:03] <Wogglebug> A man down the beach, near the helicopters, shouts something indistinct to the guard.
[03:06:15] <Nemi> He turns away now, and will attempt to break off a piece of the giant dead spider, withdrawing his knife to ease the job. And then he will carve it into a small talisman, something with which to attract some local spirits— from THIS side, that is— give them a taste of what they're seeing, and perhaps convince them to aid him as he crosses the veil.
[03:06:19] <Proto_Lost> Fran lets out a soft whimper of apprehension.
[03:06:21] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich slings his Stg44 over his shoulder.
[03:06:48] <Wogglebug> "Right, time to go. Load up over there, in Bravo." He waves at a helicopter.
[03:06:57] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall goes and climbs in.
[03:07:00] <Wogglebug> Basile can try at a higher DC fro speed.
[03:07:01] <padri> Laura does.
[03:07:03] <Wogglebug> *for
[03:07:11] <WetBeard> Solomon rushes over to the helicopter and jumps in.
[03:07:25] <Nemi> He'll certainly try.
[03:07:26] <Proto_Lost> Fran looks at the helicopter with more apprehension, but climbs in anyway.
[03:07:32] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich follows the others and boards the helicopter.
[03:07:40] <Nemi> 4df+6 Spirit Calling with Talismanic Focus
[03:07:40] <Glacon> Nemi: Spirit Calling with Talismanic Focus: 3 (4df+6=4-, 0, 4-, 4-)
[03:07:56] <Wogglebug> The helicopter is a simple thing, with wide doors and lots of guns and hooks and straps and things.
[03:07:59] <WetBeard> Solomon smiles at Fran, "I'm glad you've decided to join us"
[03:08:05] <Nemi> Perhaps it is the essence of the obscene spider-thing, or the ur-spirit above it, but he's having trouble.
[03:08:15] <padri> Laura holds on tight.
[03:08:29] <Wogglebug> Basile, you try, but you can't coax them out before the chopper starts roaring to life, scaring the spirits away.
[03:08:51] <Wogglebug> There's two men with large guns in the chopper, smiling as they enter. A man in the front waves back to them.
[03:08:53] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall straps in.
[03:08:56] <Nemi> Nonetheless, he doesn't have time to do it 'right'. And the noise doesn't help. Regrettably, he turns away from his work, keeping the fragment of carapace along regardless. He climbs in.
[03:09:29] <WetBeard> Solomon looks at the group, he seems rather excited for how old he looks.
[03:09:34] <ZombieRaptor> She smiles at the guards and the other agents.
[03:09:41] <Nemi> Perhaps, at the least, he could use this talisman as a shield or currency with the Weaver beyond.. He offers a few silent words to Anansi, to the loa that guard him, and to God.
[03:09:52] <Proto_Lost> Fran sits down, hugging her books on biology close to her chest.
[03:09:57] <padri> Laura really doesn't know how to deal with negros. She stares.
[03:10:21] <Wogglebug> The blades of the helicopter start whirring, some military jargon is shouted over a radio, and the helicopter lifts off the ground, over the lake, proceeding behind the other two.
[03:10:28] <Nemi> Basile offers the others a weary smile. He does have some inward apprehension, but doesn't show it. "Madam, you might wish to save your stares for the spiders' realm."
[03:10:38] <Wogglebug> It's a bit shaky, and deafening.
[03:11:04] <WetBeard> Solomon is still smiling, he looks to Basile, holding on tight to his seat "A man of Religion, it is great honor to have you join us aswell"
[03:11:20] <padri> Laura frowns. She's not sure she approves.
[03:11:30] <Wogglebug> Anyone looking outside can see the other two helicopters ahead, the one ramming the great stone wall and going right on through, with the other on its tail.
[03:11:41] <ZombieRaptor> "Hmm."
[03:11:43] <Wogglebug> It sort of hurts to look at.
[03:11:57] <Nemi> "Ha! I'm just an old man. I do what I can." He watches the Veil ahead, unmoved. Perhaps he's familiar with this sort of thing.
[03:12:14] <padri> Laura has done this before. She's not aprehensive. Wel… not excessively. Well…
[03:12:31] <WetBeard> Solomon feels for his hatchet, …Good… He didn't leave it in his room.
[03:12:50] <Wogglebug> The helicopter slips through the portal low and fast, leaving water to spray up below. The physics of the spray get a little bit weird near the wall.
[03:13:21] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich feels his stomach lurch a bit as they go through, he adjusts his seating position, slightly figity.
[03:13:32] <Wogglebug> The chopper bursts fourth on the other side, the sun shinging down bright above it. They've emerged from a huge waterfall, stretching from one side of sight to the other.
[03:13:38] <padri> Laura looks out at the world around them. Is it familiar?
[03:13:40] <Proto_Lost> Fran is curled up on herself, her knuckles getting white as she held onto the books.
[03:13:48] <Wogglebug> Pause
[03:13:51] <WetBeard> Solomon hangs on tightly, he won't let his stomach get to him.
[03:14:32] <ZombieRaptor> (Padri paws)
[03:14:42] <padri> pawspawspaws
[03:14:52] <padri> heehee
[03:15:12] <Nemi> Basile is holding onto the edge of the door, peering out. He squints and shields his eyes from the sudden sunlight.
[03:15:28] <padri> paws, nemi
[03:15:40] <Wogglebug> The sky is clear, with a few clouds here and there, mostly at the periphery. Far down below flows a huge white river, wide and rapid. There are massive trees everywhere, high and strong, with dark trunks and wide branches. They make up a huge green canopy, in which life would likely flourish.
[03:15:56] <Wogglebug> Down n the trees, though, something bad is happening.
[03:16:00] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall looks around.. "Wow."
[03:16:05] <ZombieRaptor> She looks down next.
[03:16:12] * Wogglebug has kicked ZombieRaptor for no particular reason
[03:16:25] * ZombieRaptor has joined #homeimprovement
[03:17:17] <Denied_Existence> Is the river literally white or figuratively white?
[03:17:23] <Wogglebug> There's smoke coming from out the branches of the towering things, and dark shapes can be seen moving among the branches. Metallic screams and ones of primeval hate fill the air, like some ancient war that no one bother to let know time happened.
[03:17:35] <Wogglebug> Samuel, white river rapids.
[03:18:09] <Wogglebug> In front, the other two helicopters head towards a great tree, filling half the sky.
[03:18:25] <padri> Metalic like ants?
[03:18:28] <Wogglebug> They're chasing after a metallic speck on the horizon.
[03:18:35] <Wogglebug> Yes.
[03:18:37] <Wogglebug> Unpasuse
[03:18:37] <Denied_Existence> "I heard stories of the pacific var. Sort of reminds me of them."
[03:18:52] * WetBeard has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[03:19:07] <padri> "I need to get to the ants," Laura says, pointing.
[03:19:09] <Proto_Lost> "…wh-what? Wh-what're those things?"
[03:19:13] <Nemi> Basile squints, then moves his free hand to point out toward the smoke. "There is.. some kind of war here." He, guardedly, attempts to open his perception to what might wait in the immaterial world about. Just a touch, so as to not attract the presence of that dread force he encountered earlier.
[03:19:44] <Wogglebug> There's a ridiculous amount of spirits here, Basile, all of whom are hiding.
[03:19:59] <Wogglebug> Except something on the horizon, int he direction of the tree.
[03:20:02] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall frowns and looks at her tiny knife.
[03:20:13] <padri> She tries cautiously moving forward to the pilot. "Can you get me to the ants?"
[03:20:16] <ZombieRaptor> ~This isn't much.~
[03:20:18] <Wogglebug> The tree's larger than the Empire State building by several magnitudes of scale, so that's not saying much.
[03:20:32] <Wogglebug> The pilot nods at her, looking confused.
[03:20:39] <Wogglebug> "What Ants?" He shouts over the din.
[03:20:55] <padri> She points. "There!"
[03:21:02] <Wogglebug> They're passing over the forest now, having left the falls behind.
[03:21:06] <ZombieRaptor> "Ants??" Kendall shouts up.
[03:21:15] <Proto_Lost> "…Wh-what?" This is just so confusing and frightening to Fran, who just wanted to see if someone was hurt.
[03:21:15] <padri> She steels herself to reveal her secret to the whole team.
[03:21:32] <padri> She doesn't like it, but she remembers the last time.
[03:21:32] <Wogglebug> The man squints down towards the forest. All he sees is trees and the occasional flicker of smoke. Or something else.
[03:21:40] <Nemi> "The.. spirits are here. They are.. hiding." He furrows his brow. "But there is something ahead.. Toward the tree." He gazes now toward the tree, eyes widening at the sheer scale of it. How he longs to plant his feet on the soil, to take in the immensity of all that is here…
[03:21:55] <Wogglebug> Far up ahead, the metallic speck flickers as it disappears into the high branches of the great tree.
[03:22:19] <padri> "There are metalic ants in there! If I can get to it, I can do… helpful things!"
[03:22:28] <Wogglebug> A moment later, a wave of energy passes through the helicopter, sparking with electric blue energy.
[03:22:48] <Wogglebug> The engines stop, and the whirring ends with the scream of metal on solid sky.
[03:22:57] <Proto_Lost> "Wh-what do you mean ants? Wh-wha…what kind of- !"
[03:23:07] <Wogglebug> The helicopter stops in mid-air, flinging everyone around.
[03:23:11] <Wogglebug> And then it starts to fall.
[03:23:12] <padri> Laura screams.
[03:23:12] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall grabs onto something and makes a scared squeak.
[03:23:23] <Denied_Existence> "Sheisse!" Heinrich yells out as the engines stop, very glad he buckled in.
[03:23:24] <ZombieRaptor> She can't even scream.
[03:23:26] <Wogglebug> If you have a firearm, it discharges in its holster.
[03:23:29] <Nemi> "Ghh! Hold on!" He grasps the edge of the door tightly.
[03:23:35] <Nemi> Basile has no guns! Ha ha.
[03:23:42] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall has a knife.
[03:23:48] <padri> Laura does.
[03:23:50] <Wogglebug> The knife doesn't discharge. no worries.
[03:23:52] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich's rifle puts a bullet into the roof.
[03:24:20] <Proto_Lost> Fran has her books and nerves!
[03:24:22] <Wogglebug> Everything flips upside-down a few times, shaking like some sort of ill-meaning musician.
[03:24:47] <padri> If Laura cursed, she'd be doing quite a bit of it.
[03:24:49] <Wogglebug> And then there is an extremely loud sound, like a helicopter going through five stories of leaves.
[03:25:09] <Wogglebug> The sound most likely came from the helicopter going through five stories of leaves.
[03:25:29] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall screams now.
[03:25:34] <padri> Laura's knuckles go white as she holds on.
[03:25:34] <Wogglebug> The things shrieks to a metallic hault with sudden ferocity, the middle of it bent inward violently.
[03:25:46] <Wogglebug> One of the doors has caved in.
[03:25:52] <Wogglebug> Everything is a bit wobbly.
[03:26:09] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall slowly realizes she isn't dead and stops screaming.
[03:26:11] <Proto_Lost> She pitches forward, the seatbelts cutting into her chest hard enough to bruise.
[03:26:13] <Nemi> "Oh ye little spirits, let us survive this day.." He is hurled from his position into one of the doors, but lands as gracefully as one could hope.
[03:26:13] <padri> Can Laura climb out?
[03:26:17] <Wogglebug> The more astute person might notice they were upside-down, even. With a bit of practice.
[03:26:28] <Nemi> .. On the roof.
[03:26:41] <Wogglebug> They can, presumably, climb out.
[03:26:43] <Proto_Lost> She coughs weakly, deeply regretting leaving her office.
[03:26:54] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich is buckled into a chair now on the new ceiling
[03:27:04] <Wogglebug> Blood is pooling towards the front of the cabin.
[03:27:14] <Denied_Existence> "…" he carefully unbuckles, doing his best to not fall harshely or onto someone else
[03:27:31] <Nemi> With a groan, the old man picks himself up, and tries to let his head stop spinning, before attempting to poke his head out the window and figure out where they are. "That.. that would be Mikey, I suppose," he says with a grimace. "God accept his soul kindly."
[03:27:32] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall unbuckles and falls, putting her hand out to break her shortfall.
[03:27:36] <Wogglebug> One of the men kicks down something large and heavy looking, and pushes himself out of the front portion of the chopper.
[03:27:56] <Wogglebug> He scrambles out the door.
[03:27:56] <padri> Laura almost shrieks again. Can she find out where the blood is from?
[03:27:59] <Wogglebug> "EVERYONE OUT!"
[03:28:09] <Wogglebug> Not if she wants to live.
[03:28:21] <padri> She scurries out.
[03:28:23] <Nemi> Basile shakily pulls himself out of the wreck and attempts to orient himself.
[03:28:27] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich stands, moving out the door with his rifle at hip.
[03:28:45] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall crawls out.
[03:28:47] <Proto_Lost> She struggles with her seatbelt in a panic, barely managing to get out and catch her breath before she scrambles for the door, books tucked under her arm.
[03:28:56] <ZombieRaptor> Are they on ground?
[03:29:06] <Wogglebug> Outside is a mess of leaves and debris. The helicopter is suspended from the branches of some great big tree.
[03:29:24] <Wogglebug> Everything's very green, and the wood below them is very dark.
[03:29:39] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall stands shakily on the (branch)?
[03:29:40] <padri> Are they in a branch?
[03:29:43] <Wogglebug> The branches around seem to stretch for miles in any direction, save down.
[03:29:49] <padri> Or on the ground?
[03:29:59] <Wogglebug> They are on a branch.
[03:30:05] <Wogglebug> A great, big one
[03:30:11] <padri> coolio
[03:30:17] <Wogglebug> About the size of a giant branch, give or take.
[03:30:20] <Denied_Existence> "Mein Gott…" Heinrich mumbles, staring downwards.
[03:30:21] <padri> Laura scrambles out onto it!
[03:30:32] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall is pretty shaky.
[03:30:33] <Proto_Lost> Fran is laying down on the branch, wondering what in God's name possessed her to leave her office in the first place.
[03:30:35] <Wogglebug> Down below the floor of the forest can barely be seen, hundreds of meters away.
[03:30:42] <Wogglebug> The guards is till running, off to one end of the branch.
[03:30:46] <ZombieRaptor> She doesn't look down.
[03:30:51] <padri> Laura follows.
[03:31:07] <Wogglebug> The helicopter is starting to shift slightly.
[03:31:24] <Nemi> Basile orients himself, shakes his head-grateful to have not suffered a concussion-and hurries after the guard. Even when hurried, his movements have a certain languid grace.
[03:31:28] <Denied_Existence> "Get avay from the helicopter!"
[03:31:49] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall goes after the guard with Basile.
[03:31:59] <Wogglebug> It falls, suddenly. No real sliding preamble. One moment it's there, the next it's plummeting to the forest floor far below.
[03:31:59] <padri> She stumbles a bit as she runs, but she keeps running.
[03:32:25] <Wogglebug> The guard stops up ahead, near where two branches meet, bent over to catch his breathe.
[03:32:36] <padri> She doesn't even think about it. The guard ran, so she followed.
[03:32:39] <Wogglebug> "Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fuck!"
[03:32:50] <Denied_Existence> "Vhat the hell happened to the pilots?"
[03:32:58] <Proto_Lost> Fran is well away from the helicpopter, having moved the moment she heard it shift.
[03:33:03] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall runs up and puts a hand on his back. "Sir! Are you alright?"
[03:33:14] <Wogglebug> The man looks up, breathing heavily. "Dead. Something jumped out of place, hit 'em."
[03:33:27] <Denied_Existence> "Sheisse…."
[03:33:38] <Nemi> Basile stands, peering out over the terrain. "And let off some sort of energy pulse that disabled the vehicle, at that."
[03:33:43] <padri> "We got hit be the ants. That's what the blue was."
[03:33:59] <padri> She looks up into the tree above them. Can she see the battle?
[03:34:14] <Wogglebug> Laura, you know what you just said is horridly wrong, somehow.
[03:34:18] <Proto_Lost> "C-can someone p-please tell me wh-what's going on here?!"
[03:34:25] <Wogglebug> There's no movement int he tree above.
[03:34:50] <ZombieRaptor> "We..we should move away from here."
[03:35:04] <padri> She frowns. From experience, it seems to be right. But something else tells her its wrong…
[03:35:06] <Nemi> "A battle, young miss. One that even the spirits fear."
[03:35:12] <Denied_Existence> "Vhat are our options for getting to the ground?"
[03:35:25] <Wogglebug> Down below, they can hear the sounds of battle. They're very loud. Lots of hissing and screaming and shrieking and crunching. It sounds worlds away.
[03:35:26] <Proto_Lost> She looks close to tears now, very unequipped for handling this kind of thing.
[03:35:32] <padri> "Fall. Its a long way down."
[03:35:51] <padri> Laura looks down
[03:35:51] <Nemi> "I would advise not going to ground."
[03:35:55] <Wogglebug> The branches stretch on forever.
[03:36:11] <Nemi> Basile attempts to orient himself to the gigantic tree. It surely can't be too hard to miss.
[03:36:21] <Wogglebug> Roll survival.
[03:36:25] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich takes out his box of pearls and gives them a quick glance.
[03:36:30] <Proto_Lost> Everyone?
[03:36:35] <Wogglebug> Nothing, Heinrich.
[03:36:37] <Wogglebug> Just Basile.
[03:36:43] <Nemi> 4df+6 Survival!
[03:36:43] <Glacon> Nemi: Survival!: 6 (4df+6=0, 4-, 0, 3+)
[03:36:59] <Nemi> Possible penalty due to being unattuned to this world, if desired.
[03:37:05] <padri> Laura looks for a place to go that might get her anywhere.
[03:37:14] <Wogglebug> It's dead North, which you can tell pretty closely. It's a good ways off, but you might be able to make it.
[03:37:44] <padri> What is 'it?'
[03:37:52] <Wogglebug> A breeze floutters by. The air is rich, and strong.
[03:37:53] <padri> Vague pronoun antecedant
[03:38:02] <Nemi> "The other helicopter went North, to the Tree. This way." He gestures. "We may be able to make it. If anything, it is perhaps our best hope of escape."
[03:38:06] <Wogglebug> It was directed at Basile.
[03:38:15] <padri> Ah.
[03:38:29] <Wogglebug> The man nods at Basile.
[03:38:30] <padri> Laura nods and sets off that way.
[03:38:35] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall regains her composure and sets off.
[03:39:31] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich checks his rifle briefly before moving North with the others along the branches.
[03:39:34] <Nemi> "Move carefully and stay together. We are in an alien world, and we do not know what lurks here. Even the spirits are afraid."
[03:39:40] <Wogglebug> As they walk, now that the excitement of the crash has ended, they likely notice that the air is very good here, and the earth seems to tug at them less. Everyone gets +4 to melee, agility, and strenght, as well as conditional modifiers.
[03:40:02] <Proto_Lost> Fran does not, and follows in the back. "I…I…I d-demand an explanation!"
[03:40:15] <Denied_Existence> "Do these trees have any relation to trees on our planet?"
[03:40:18] <Nemi> He takes a deep breath. Ah. It is pleasant, certainly. "For what, young miss?"
[03:40:20] <Wogglebug> The path is rough, but simple enough, a winding trail through the massive canopy of branches and leaves.
[03:40:36] <padri> Laura is calmer in this world. "I'm sorry, Fran. There's no time to give one."
[03:40:41] <Proto_Lost> "F-for ev-…everything!"
[03:40:53] <Wogglebug> A breeze rolls by, in the East.
[03:41:01] <Wogglebug> It's light, and calm.
[03:41:01] <Proto_Lost> "I d-don't u-un-understand any of th-th-this!"
[03:41:16] <Wogglebug> The sounds of the battle seem to not go away, though, no matter how far they go.
[03:41:16] <Nemi> "Aah, and you suppose someone else does."
[03:41:43] <Wogglebug> Everyone, roll perception.
[03:41:47] <Nemi> Basile proceeds calmly along, selecting the most stable branches and deftly leaping about, incredibly deftly for his age.
[03:41:50] <Proto_Lost> She nods, the air slowly calming her down.
[03:41:51] <Nemi> 4df+7 perception
[03:41:52] <Glacon> Nemi: perception: 7 (4df+7=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[03:41:54] <Proto_Lost> 4df+3
[03:41:54] <padri> Perhaps the negro isnt al bad, Laura thinks
[03:41:54] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: 1 (4df+3=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[03:41:54] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[03:41:54] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 3+, 0)
[03:42:00] <padri> 4df+6
[03:42:01] <Glacon> padri: 8 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[03:42:26] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4
[03:42:26] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 8 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[03:42:56] <Wogglebug> Everyone save Frances notices a large amount of dark shapes moving in the East.
[03:43:07] <Wogglebug> They're headed towards their position. There are loads of them.
[03:43:12] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh no."
[03:43:24] <Wogglebug> Basile and Heinrich can see that they are spiders, huge and black.
[03:43:25] <Proto_Lost> "Wh-what is it?"
[03:43:26] <Nemi> Basile focuses his dimly eerie gaze upon the shapes. Can he identify them?
[03:43:27] <padri> Laura stops. Any metal?
[03:43:31] <Wogglebug> No, Laura.
[03:43:40] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall pulls her knife of her pocket.
[03:43:48] <padri> Damn. Super powers would really help.
[03:43:53] <ZombieRaptor> Might as well die with honor.
[03:44:19] <Wogglebug> They're coming. Still a bit of time before they arrive, though.
[03:44:30] <ZombieRaptor> Any escape routes?
[03:44:31] <Nemi> "And so come the Spiders." He draws the talisman, carved from spider-hide, and his knife. And begins to finish carving it, as swiftly as he might. With carvings of dominion, respect, and allegiance.
[03:44:41] <padri> "Lets get to the chopper quickly." She runs.
[03:44:43] <Wogglebug> A tree-trunk is nearby, larger than a city block and filled with dark grooves.
[03:44:55] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall moves swiftly with Laura.
[03:45:07] <Nemi> "O Weaver," he says. "May thy children pass us by, we lonely travelers.."
[03:45:20] <Wogglebug> The talisman explodes with fiery light and hatered.
[03:45:21] <Proto_Lost> She lets out a softt whimper, moving backwards for a bit before she runs after Laura.
[03:45:22] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich looks back at the shapes. Seeing that they do not currently have any tanks or machine-gunners, he elects to run as well.
[03:45:41] <Nemi> He snaps his fingers. Was worth a try. Now, he runs.
[03:48:37] <Denied_Existence> Que Yakety Sax
[03:48:47] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall runs fast
[03:49:02] * Wogglebug has quit (Ping timeout)
[03:49:18] <Proto_Lost> Fran runs okay, she's not used to sprinting…she's more used to scholarly pursuits.
[03:49:43] * Wogglebug has joined #homeimprovement
[03:49:48] * Wogglebug is now known as Guest15903
[03:50:06] <padri> Everyone runs for the chopper
[03:50:30] * Guest15903 is now known as Wogglebug
[03:50:40] * Wogglebug is now known as Wogglebot
[03:50:42] * ChanServ promoted Wogglebot to operator
[03:50:53] * Wogglebot is now known as Wogglebug
[03:51:28] <Wogglebug> You can either roll agility to run, or perception, survival, or sneak to find a place to run.
[03:51:48] <Wogglebug> *place to hide
[03:51:54] <padri> 4df+8 i think agi
[03:51:55] <Glacon> padri: i think agi: 10 (4df+8=3+, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[03:52:04] <Proto_Lost> 4df+4 agility
[03:52:04] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: agility: 2 (4df+4=4-, 0, 0, 4-)
[03:52:06] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+7 agility
[03:52:07] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: agility: 7 (4df+7=3+, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[03:52:16] <Denied_Existence> 4df+10 Verlauf! Schnell!
[03:52:16] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: Verlauf! Schnell!: 9 (4df+10=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[03:53:01] <Wogglebug> Nemi?
[03:53:20] * Sypher has joined #homeimprovement
[03:53:28] <Nemi> 4df+11 perception
[03:53:28] <Glacon> Nemi: perception: 8 (4df+11=4-, 4-, 0, 4-)
[03:53:43] <Nemi> [ oops
[03:53:49] <Nemi> 4df+7 perception it doesn't get boosted by the air!!
[03:53:50] <Glacon> Nemi: perception it doesn't get boosted by the air!!: 4 (4df+7=4-, 4-, 4-, 0)
[03:53:53] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall stays with Fran however. "Come on!"
[03:54:19] <Wogglebug> Basile, there's a place to hide in that tree-trunk over there.
[03:54:30] <Wogglebug> Frances falls to a lower branch, something like twenty feet.
[03:54:40] <Wogglebug> She lands realtively safely.
[03:54:40] <Proto_Lost> "AAAAAGGGGGGGHH!!!"
[03:54:51] <Nemi> Hmm. Not so good when everyone is sprinting away. He winces as Frances falls, and jumps down after her!
[03:54:59] <ZombieRaptor> Can Kendall stay with her? Since she sees her lagging behind Wogglebug?
[03:55:07] <Wogglebug> Roll agility.
[03:55:13] <Wogglebug> And Kendall can try to get to her.
[03:55:18] <padri> she's not lagging, shes falling
[03:55:20] <ZombieRaptor> Roll agil as well?
[03:55:24] <Wogglebug> Yes.
[03:55:25] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+7
[03:55:29] <Nemi> 4df+8 lodsa agi
[03:55:29] <Glacon> Nemi: lodsa agi: 8 (4df+8=3+, 0, 4-, 0)
[03:55:31] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+7
[03:55:32] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 7 (4df+7=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[03:55:33] * TeslaTornado has joined #homeimprovement
[03:55:35] <Wogglebug> The other wo make it out of the path of the incoming horde.
[03:55:44] <Wogglebug> They both land on the branch gracefully.
[03:55:57] <Wogglebug> It's a bit darker down there, but not a proper hiding place.
[03:56:02] <padri> Do they make it to the chopper?
[03:56:05] <Nemi> If he lands safely, he will try to actually pick up Frances with his surprisingly immense strength. "Come, now! I will take you to safety!"
[03:56:10] * padri mildly confused
[03:56:13] <Wogglebug> The chopper is about 20 miles away.
[03:56:15] <Nemi> And then continue fleeing from brance to brance.
[03:56:19] <Nemi> branch to branch, also.
[03:56:30] <padri> thats a long way
[03:56:31] <Wogglebug> Roll strength, then agility.
[03:56:32] <Proto_Lost> She doesn't fight it, she's going into shock from all this crazy.
[03:56:34] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall follows behind Basile.
[03:56:48] <Nemi> 4df+9 i love being strong
[03:56:48] <Glacon> Nemi: i love being strong: 10 (4df+9=3+, 0, 3+, 4-)
[03:56:55] <Nemi> 4df+8 gotta go fast
[03:56:56] <Glacon> Nemi: gotta go fast: 8 (4df+8=0, 3+, 4-, 0)
[03:56:57] <Wogglebug> He lifts her!
[03:57:01] <Wogglebug> And runs!
[03:57:19] <Wogglebug> They barely make it out of the path of the spiders, watching as they sweep through the branches behind them.
[03:57:36] <padri> Laura keeps going toward the chopper!
[03:57:39] <Wogglebug> There are tons of them, in many different sizes, roaring through the branches at all levels.
[03:58:09] <Wogglebug> One almost notices them. Almost.
[03:58:28] <padri> or whatever they were doing
[03:58:28] <Wogglebug> After a solid minute of rumbling spiders, they're gone.
[03:58:54] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall slowly and stops, panting.
[03:59:23] <Wogglebug> The spiders are gone, and the trees are quiet again.
[03:59:35] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich slows down to a gentle walk, controlling his breathing to flatline his adrenaline
[04:00:00] <Nemi> And Basile will attempt to lead Kendall, and take Frances, to meet the others if he can.
[04:00:06] <Wogglebug> The guard is up ahead.
[04:00:26] <padri> of who?
[04:00:33] <padri> The fallen people or lauras group
[04:00:59] <Wogglebug> The only guard who isn't dead or missing.
[04:01:22] <padri> yes, but which group is he ahead of?
[04:01:30] <Wogglebug> The path lies ahead, and all is quiet.
[04:01:48] <Wogglebug> The guard that was in the helicopter with them when it crashed.
[04:03:08] <Wogglebug> Everyone is on a branch now, panting.
[04:03:21] <Wogglebug> "You guys ready to go?" The guard pants.
[04:03:33] <Denied_Existence> "Ja, let's keep moving."
[04:03:48] <Nemi> "Yes." Basile seems to have endless stamina. He gently sets Frances back on her feet.
[04:03:53] <Proto_Lost> Fran is just limp on Basile right now, too spent to panic.
[04:03:59] <Proto_Lost> Oh, never mind.
[04:04:11] <Wogglebug> "Right."
[04:04:13] <Proto_Lost> She sits on the ground, looking lost.
[04:04:19] <ZombieRaptor> "Yea…"
[04:04:25] <Wogglebug> He signals for Basile to lead the way.
[04:04:53] <Nemi> He watches her with a gentle sigh. "Little miss, you'll need to walk. If I fall, I do not wish for you to fall with me." He will then shortly hop from branch to branch ahead, and begin leading the way.
[04:04:58] <padri> laura follows n stuff
[04:05:14] * gumbal1 is now known as gum|logging
[04:05:18] <ZombieRaptor> Isn't it one big branch?
[04:05:31] <Wogglebug> It's amny branches, all intersecting.
[04:05:38] <ZombieRaptor> Ah
[04:05:45] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall steps between them swiftly.
[04:05:52] <Proto_Lost> She lets out a sigh and rubs at her eyes, her hands empty of books now that she left them back on the branch she fell on. Slowly, she follows everyone, looking incredibly tired as she held the rear.
[04:05:54] <Wogglebug> They're all very large, and long, going in many directions.
[04:06:05] <Wogglebug> There's a small group of frogs on one of them.
[04:06:14] <Wogglebug> And a little bush growing somewhere else.
[04:06:20] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall looks at the frogs. "Hmm."
[04:06:26] <padri> normal sized frogs?
[04:06:31] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich occasionally rotates as they walk, keeping up a 360 degree view as best he can
[04:06:36] <Wogglebug> Yes.
[04:06:50] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall pays then no more attention and keeps moving.
[04:06:55] <Wogglebug> The branches stretch on and on and on and on.
[04:07:03] <Wogglebug> They're a good walking surface, though.
[04:07:14] <Wogglebug> Like expensive hardwood, but with better grip.
[04:07:47] <Proto_Lost> Fran doesn't pay it any mind, just slumping along with them just to keep up.
[04:08:19] <Wogglebug> They can see much of the canopy, up there. In between the branches of all the different trees life is everywhere. It seems very subdued though, as if everything with half a mind was hiding form something.
[04:08:21] <Nemi> Basile regards the frogs with amusement, but continues further.
[04:08:31] <padri> Laura likes it here
[04:08:32] <Nemi> He is unsurprised. Even the spirits are afraid.
[04:08:45] <Wogglebug> Eventually, they notice that the light seems to diminish somewhat.
[04:08:50] <Wogglebug> Roll perception.
[04:08:54] <Nemi> 4df+7 per
[04:08:54] <Glacon> Nemi: per: 6 (4df+7=0, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[04:09:05] <padri> 4df+6
[04:09:05] <Glacon> padri: 3 (4df+6=4-, 4-, 0, 4-)
[04:09:13] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4
[04:09:14] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 2 (4df+4=0, 4-, 0, 4-)
[04:09:31] <Proto_Lost> 4df+3
[04:09:31] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: 4 (4df+3=3+, 4-, 0, 3+)
[04:09:44] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[04:09:44] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+5=0, 3+, 0, 4-)
[04:10:28] <Wogglebug> Basile and Kendall can see that up ahead a great wall made of spider's web hangs between the branches before them. It's easily 100 meters wide, and stretches down and down and down.
[04:10:45] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall frowns. "How are we going to get past?"
[04:10:50] <Wogglebug> It's silken, and thin, but there's an enormous amount of it.
[04:11:13] <ZombieRaptor> Does it look cuttable?
[04:11:14] <Nemi> "A web ahead. I've never seen one so great.. Do not disturb it. Spiders can feel through the strands of their webs."
[04:11:18] <Denied_Existence> "Get past va-….Oh."
[04:11:20] <Wogglebug> Possibly cuttable.
[04:11:25] <Nemi> "We shall move around it."
[04:11:37] <ZombieRaptor> "Is it even possible to move around?"
[04:11:40] <Proto_Lost> Fran looks up, and instantly she feels her panic and fear well up again, escaping as a quiet whimper from her.
[04:11:46] <padri> Laura nods. She likes Basile's idea
[04:11:48] <Nemi> Basile will attempt to navigate a path around it, ideally from the western side.
[04:12:08] <Wogglebug> He can do so, with some time and effort.
[04:12:18] <padri> We have time
[04:13:00] <Wogglebug> They make their way slowly around the web, careful of the mass of webbing.
[04:13:17] <Wogglebug> Fran almost trips and falls to her death, presumably.
[04:13:24] <Wogglebug> But they make it around, in time.
[04:13:26] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich takes a swig from his canteen as they go.
[04:13:28] <Proto_Lost> A reasonable assumption.
[04:13:30] <Wogglebug> Below, loud sounds can be heard.
[04:13:44] <Wogglebug> Screaching and crashing and burning.
[04:13:54] <padri> Laura tunes them out.
[04:13:56] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall looks down.
[04:13:57] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich takes a look over the edge.
[04:14:01] <Nemi> "Come, this way. Mind the leaf cover, it conceals a false branch. Use my path."
[04:14:11] <Nemi> "Do not look down."
[04:14:20] <ZombieRaptor> Too late :o
[04:14:21] <padri> Laura folows the big man.
[04:14:33] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall looks back and continues following.
[04:14:35] <Wogglebug> Heinrich, roll perception.
[04:14:58] <Denied_Existence> Any particular bonus?
[04:14:59] <Wogglebug> Also Kendall.
[04:15:05] <Wogglebug> Regular roll.
[04:15:06] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4
[04:15:07] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 5 (4df+4=3+, 0, 3+, 4-)
[04:15:17] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[04:15:17] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+5=4-, 4-, 0, 3+)
[04:15:26] <Wogglebug> Below they can see the forest floor, if they both squint and turn their heads a bit.
[04:15:48] <Wogglebug> There's a massive battle going on, between ants and spiders. They looks tiny, squabbling among themselves.
[04:16:07] <Proto_Lost> Fran trusts Basile, keeping her eyes on his feet, mirroring his motions as best she can.
[04:16:14] <Wogglebug> One of the larger ants fires a laser from its jaws, bifurcating a spider three times its size.
[04:16:29] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh my…"
[04:16:36] <Wogglebug> The smoke spreads across much of the battlefield, which stretches on and on
[04:16:36] <Denied_Existence> "Ants vith energy beams, vunderbar."
[04:16:44] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich deadpans.
[04:17:22] <Wogglebug> Eventually, they reach a somewhat larger tree.
[04:17:36] <Wogglebug> Larger than some anyway. The word large sort of starts to lose its meaning, after a while.
[04:17:57] <Wogglebug> Skyscrapers tend not to have complexes about their height.
[04:18:12] <Wogglebug> Anyone can roll perception.
[04:18:27] <Nemi> 4df+7 Of course.
[04:18:27] <padri> 4df+6
[04:18:27] <Glacon> Nemi: Of course.: 7 (4df+7=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[04:18:27] <Glacon> padri: 5 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 4-, 0)
[04:18:37] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[04:18:37] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 3 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[04:18:46] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4 All around me the hills echo with the sounds of Muuuussiiiccc
[04:18:47] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: All around me the hills echo with the sounds of Muuuussiiiccc: 6 (4df+4=0, 3+, 0, 3+)
[04:18:47] <Proto_Lost> 4df+3 percep!
[04:18:48] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: percep!: 3 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 0, 0)
[04:18:48] <Nemi> Basile only survived this long by being sharp-eyed. Being a sorcerer who can't chuck fireballs willy-nilly almost necessitates it.
[04:19:44] <Wogglebug> Basile, Laura, and Heinrich can see some sort of gigantic nest up ahead. Basile likely notices that there are gleaming heaps and broken black carapaces scattered around its base.
[04:20:12] <Denied_Existence> "Seems like a nest of insects ahead."
[04:20:29] <Nemi> "A nest," he muses aloud, examining it as best as he can. A bird's nest of gigantic scale? Of which sort of bird? The shiny things suggests a corvid..
[04:20:37] <Wogglebug> The nest is made up of what look like twigs but are probably large than oaks.
[04:20:44] <ZombieRaptor> "Should we investigate?"
[04:21:04] <padri> Laura wonders about the birds she saw.
[04:21:10] <Proto_Lost> "…mmm…l-let's just go home."
[04:21:50] <Denied_Existence> "A birds nest? Sheisse, I feel like ein maus."
[04:21:55] <padri> "We can't just go home, Fran. There's no way back yet."
[04:22:30] <Nemi> "I would suggest doing so only with great care, madam," he nods to Kendall. "But if the great bird collects.. ah, shiny things, it may have chosen a helicopter as well."
[04:22:38] <Wogglebug> A soft squawwing sound can be heard from the nest, up ahead.
[04:23:18] <Wogglebug> This tree is larger than others, but not as large as the giant tree the helicopter was near.
[04:23:28] <Denied_Existence> "Considering our size. Perhaps a vorm is a more correct metaphor."
[04:23:42] <Nemi> He chuckles. It's not the proper tree, of course, and his inclination is to avoid it.
[04:24:07] <Wogglebug> That tree would make this one look like a blade of grass.
[04:24:21] <Wogglebug> What do they do next?
[04:24:28] <Proto_Lost> She just bites her knuckle, since losing her books hit her pretty hard.
[04:24:41] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall slowly starts forward.
[04:24:47] <padri> Laura has no idea where to go. She's lost.
[04:25:00] <Wogglebug> There's always down.
[04:25:01] <Wogglebug> Always.
[04:25:11] <ZombieRaptor> Jumping?
[04:25:16] <padri> Down is death
[04:25:20] <Nemi> Basile is content to just move past, letting sleeping birds lie.
[04:25:27] <Wogglebug> Falling, really. A sort of jumping.
[04:25:40] <Wogglebug> Roll perception.
[04:25:49] <Denied_Existence> 4df+4
[04:25:49] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 4-)
[04:25:52] <Proto_Lost> 4df+3 D:
[04:25:53] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: D:: 6 (4df+3=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[04:26:08] <Nemi> 4df+7 perceptor
[04:26:09] <Glacon> Nemi: perceptor: 6 (4df+7=0, 0, 4-, 0)
[04:26:13] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[04:26:13] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 3+)
[04:26:31] <padri> 4df+6
[04:26:32] <Glacon> padri: 7 (4df+6=3+, 3+, 0, 4-)
[04:27:21] <Wogglebug> A bird the size of several double-decker buses bursts from the canopy in front of them, a few meters away. It's black, and glossy, with huge eyes and a beak bigger than anyone present. Man was that a low DC.
[04:27:36] <Wogglebug> It opens its great maw and…..
[04:27:40] <Nemi> Holy nutballs. That's a BIG CROW.
[04:27:49] <Nemi> Basile stands, stoic. If it's going to kill them, it'll do it.
[04:27:57] <Wogglebug> Says, in a voice that would make a really posh guy feel not at all posh "Hello."
[04:28:07] <Nemi> "Hello," says Basile, in response.
[04:28:08] <Denied_Existence> "Uh…Hallo."
[04:28:10] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh…. Hello sir."
[04:28:13] <Nemi> "We're a bit lost."
[04:28:14] <Wogglebug> The thing's mouth doesn't move. It just sort of sits there, open, and the sound comes out.
[04:28:15] <ZombieRaptor> "How are you?"
[04:28:24] <Wogglebug> "Having a stroll, chaps?"
[04:28:33] <Wogglebug> "I'm well. And yourself?"
[04:28:33] <padri> laura is stunned.
[04:28:37] <Proto_Lost> Fran just screams at the sight of the thing.
[04:28:37] <Denied_Existence> "More of ein trek."
[04:28:43] <ZombieRaptor> "We are a bit lost sir."
[04:28:51] <Wogglebug> The thing cocks its head at Fran.
[04:28:53] <Nemi> "Quite. We're trying to reach that rather enormous tree over there, as we've a, well, vehicle there."
[04:29:02] <Nemi> "Assuming it's not lost or destroyed, anyway."
[04:29:04] <ZombieRaptor> "We need a way back to our dimension."
[04:29:11] <Nemi> "As the lady says," he nods.
[04:29:13] <Wogglebug> "Are you? Well."
[04:29:31] * Daedaleft has joined #homeimprovement
[04:29:38] <Wogglebug> "That's quite a lot more a stroll, eh?"
[04:29:40] <Wogglebug> The thing laughs. It's like a laugh track , but far more posh.
[04:29:48] <Nemi> "Yes, bit of a trek."
[04:29:50] * Daedaleft is now known as Daedalus
[04:29:54] <ZombieRaptor> "A journey, yes."
[04:29:54] <padri> Laura gawks at the bird.
[04:29:55] <Wogglebug> A honhonhon hon sound.
[04:30:00] <Proto_Lost> Her hand is shaking violently now, along with the rest of her.
[04:30:28] <Wogglebug> "So, headed for the Tree, are you? The voice is so posh you can hear the capitalization.
[04:30:36] <ZombieRaptor> "I believe so."
[04:30:50] <Wogglebug> "Gone to have a visit? I hear they're not taking guests, right at the moment."
[04:31:01] <Wogglebug> "Might turn you 'round at the gate."
[04:31:11] <Denied_Existence> "Who controls this 'Tree'?"
[04:31:27] <Wogglebug> "Why, the Master of the Realm, of course."
[04:31:30] <Wogglebug> "Who else?"
[04:31:36] <ZombieRaptor> Can Kendall roll persuasion for it to take them?
[04:31:39] <Proto_Lost> "J-Just p-p-please get us home!" She says suddenly, unable to take all this psoh back and forth any longer.
[04:31:41] <Denied_Existence> "Ve have not met him."
[04:31:42] <Wogglebug> Damn, that capitalization thign is freaky.
[04:31:57] <Wogglebug> Kendall, theoretically.
[04:32:42] <Nemi> "What can you tell us of the Master of the Realm?" So eloquent. So well-spoken. Even he manages to verbally capitalize the phrase.
[04:32:42] <Wogglebug> The thing sort of stares,expectantly.
[04:33:36] <Wogglebug> "Well, he's the Master of the Realm. Big man, booming voice, penchant for gardening. Statue-esque, they say. I've not seen him in many years, mind. Just hear about him every once in a while."
[04:34:01] <padri> "Do you mean the God of the Forest?"
[04:34:09] <Wogglebug> "Well, yes."
[04:34:15] <padri> Her capitals are not pronounced
[04:34:24] <Wogglebug> "If you want to be vulgar about it."
[04:34:28] <Nemi> "Ah, I see. Can you tell me anything about this, ah, Weaver who seems to have the spiders up in a tizzy?"
[04:34:38] <Wogglebug> "…"
[04:34:42] <Nemi> "Rather rudely tried to munch my brain earlier."
[04:34:43] <padri> She thinks. "The one… captured by the God of Death?"
[04:34:46] * Atcero has joined #homeimprovement
[04:34:49] <Wogglebug> "Well, I don't associate with that sort, myself."
[04:34:53] <Wogglebug> "Spiders and all."
[04:35:00] <Nemi> "Oh, of course."
[04:35:00] * Atcero has left #homeimprovement ()
[04:35:02] <Wogglebug> "Bit messy, in my opinion."
[04:35:07] <Nemi> "They can be, yes."
[04:35:15] <Wogglebug> It nods over at the nest. Man that's a lot of corpses.
[04:35:19] <ZombieRaptor> "They've been um.. Crossing into our realm lately."
[04:35:26] <Wogglebug> "Oh. How very rude."
[04:35:36] <Wogglebug> "Did they knock, even? I bet not."
[04:35:37] <ZombieRaptor> "A few days ago attacked our home."
[04:35:43] <Wogglebug> "Very rude, that sort."
[04:35:50] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall nods.
[04:35:55] <Wogglebug> "So."
[04:36:15] <Wogglebug> "I presume that at this point you will implore me to take you to the tree, aid in your quest and all that?"
[04:36:30] <Denied_Existence> "Ve vould be fools not to."
[04:36:32] <ZombieRaptor> "Yessir."
[04:36:42] <padri> Laura frowns. this is all very strange.
[04:36:49] <Wogglebug> The Raven shifts its feathers to cover its birdface.
[04:37:00] <Wogglebug> "Oh, well. I could never. I wouldn't think of doing such a thing."
[04:37:13] <Wogglebug> "Much too heroic and brave."
[04:37:20] <Nemi> "Mm? Well, you could not think about it and do it anyway. I won't tell anyone."
[04:37:22] <Wogglebug> "So honorable, such a hting."
[04:37:34] <padri> Laura is baffled by this bird.
[04:37:45] <Proto_Lost> Fran just wants to go home.
[04:37:45] <Wogglebug> The bird stares down at Basile.
[04:37:49] <Wogglebug> "Orrrr?"
[04:38:01] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich thinks this bird is a bit full of itself, but he doesnt say anything.
[04:38:04] <Wogglebug> "You coullllld…"
[04:38:15] <Nemi> Basile gestures, as if saying 'go on'.
[04:38:22] <Wogglebug> Ls shouldn't do that. That's not natural.
[04:38:40] <Nemi> Basile is well-acquainted with unusual consonant sounds.
[04:38:48] <Wogglebug> "Well, it is not to say that I am a single bachelor with a small, comely next int he depths of the woods."
[04:39:10] <Wogglebug> "Or that any passing female bird you might see might be very impressed to hear of my heroics."
[04:39:27] <Wogglebug> "But of course, such things are so /very/ uncommon,"
[04:39:29] <Nemi> "Ah, I understand entirely."
[04:39:32] <Wogglebug> "Hardly likely to happen at all."
[04:39:45] <Proto_Lost> "…O-oh my God…a-are…are you s-se-s-s-serious?"
[04:39:47] <Nemi> "Entirely unlikely."
[04:39:48] <padri> "We could spread a rumor or two."
[04:39:49] <Wogglebug> The bird blushes audibly. Now /that/ isn't even possible.
[04:39:55] <Wogglebug> "Very much unlikely."
[04:39:57] <Wogglebug> "BUT."
[04:40:02] <Nemi> Basile is smiling. "In the off chance.."
[04:40:08] <padri> redact
[04:40:18] <padri> Laura lets basile handle this
[04:40:18] <Wogglebug> "If you so insist, I suppose I could aid you in your noble and most heroic quest to save a princess or whatever."
[04:40:32] <Wogglebug> The bird turns, and stoops.
[04:40:42] <Wogglebug> "Come on, all aboard, choo choo."
[04:40:53] <Nemi> "Yes, let's be off then." He gestures for the others to climb aboard first.
[04:40:57] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall climbs on
[04:41:03] <padri> Laura climbs aboard.
[04:41:16] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich is curious how the bird is aware of the noise a train makes, but climbs aboard silently
[04:41:31] <Proto_Lost> Fran gets on, tugging a little hard since she's shaking all over.
[04:41:54] <Wogglebug> Once everyone's aboard the birdy-go-round, the great dark thing drops very suddenly into a steep dive. It pulls up quickly, and soars through a clearing in the branches, into the clear sky.
[04:42:20] <Nemi> Basile holds on, and is very glad to have a good view of the terrain! Really, he's thrilled. All his life he's wanted to do something like this.
[04:42:30] <Wogglebug> The clouds are thickening. and there's more smoke from the forest below. The towering trees are towered over by the yet more towersome one in the center of the forest.
[04:42:33] <Proto_Lost> She screams for the nth time today.
[04:42:38] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich imagines this was what it was like to be a Stuka pilot like a friend of his.
[04:42:43] <Wogglebug> The Raven flies in that direction, going far too fast.
[04:43:03] <Wogglebug> The wind billows past.
[04:43:15] <Wogglebug> "Hold on, now a—-__fknbdoicvbdis"
[04:43:21] <padri> Laura clutches tight to te feathers.
[04:43:22] <Wogglebug> "Sorry. Bug in my mouth."
[04:43:29] <Nemi> "How was it?"
[04:43:29] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall holds on.
[04:43:29] <padri> She hates flying
[04:43:37] <Nemi> Basile has to shout over the wind.
[04:44:03] <Wogglebug> In the distance, great mountains are barely visible on the horizon.
[04:44:14] <Wogglebug> The tree is blatantly taller than them.
[04:44:22] <Wogglebug> It's more of a Tree, really.
[04:44:29] <Wogglebug> In any case, it's getting closer.
[04:44:43] <Wogglebug> Slowly.
[04:45:17] <Wogglebug> After a good long while of what amounts to cruise-control driving, the Raven begins to descend towards the great tree, somewhere along the side.
[04:45:56] <Nemi> "Ah! Wonderful!" Basile shouts over the wind again.
[04:46:04] <Wogglebug> There's a massive amount of Ants and Spiders killing eachother at the base and up the lower banks of the Tree, blood and fire everywhere for miles and miles and miles and miles.
[04:46:15] <Wogglebug> The ground is blackened with it alkl.
[04:46:38] <Wogglebug> Like a sea of black carapaces and blood, with great blobs of silver in it.
[04:46:42] <Denied_Existence> "Reminds me of Russia…just needs more snow."
[04:46:46] <Nemi> "Goodness, this is a war zone!"
[04:47:12] <Proto_Lost> She buries her face into the feathers instead.
[04:47:14] <Wogglebug> Somewhere to the West an Ant taller than the trees fires a massive later at hundreds of Spiders at a time.
[04:47:26] <Wogglebug> *laser
[04:47:48] <Nemi> Basile gapes at that. Holy moly!
[04:48:15] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall nearly loses her grip. "Lord save me."
[04:48:17] <Wogglebug> There's a large F painted in an old, old script on the visible side of it.
[04:49:13] <Wogglebug> After a good while of nervous circling and a very sudden descent, the Raven lands jarringly on a low branch of the Great Tree.
[04:49:14] <padri> Laura is in shock.
[04:49:30] <Wogglebug> It throws them off, suddenly, and flies away.
[04:49:35] <Wogglebug> What a jerk.
[04:49:36] <padri> Laura nearly loses her grip
[04:49:37] <Wogglebug> "BYE!"
[04:49:37] <padri> er
[04:49:42] <ZombieRaptor> "Hey!"
[04:49:43] <padri> she does lose her grip
[04:49:45] <ZombieRaptor> "Ow!"
[04:49:46] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich is slammed onto the branch painfully.
[04:49:52] <Wogglebug> The voice sounded significantly less posh that time.
[04:49:54] <Nemi> "GOODBYE. Thanks!"
[04:49:58] <Denied_Existence> "…"
[04:50:00] <Proto_Lost> Fran almost forgets to let go, before she slams into the branch hard.
[04:50:13] <Nemi> Basile picks himself up and makes sure that everyone is alright, clearly caring more for their well-being than his own.
[04:50:14] <Wogglebug> The branch is wide, and quiet.
[04:50:29] <padri> Laura sits up, confused.
[04:50:33] <Proto_Lost> She just lays there, completely robbed of the will to continue.
[04:50:45] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich gets up and dusts himself off. "Vell, zat vas only slightly better than New York taxis."
[04:50:48] <Wogglebug> Wider than a city block, and longer than the city itself, most likely.
[04:51:14] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall is awed
[04:51:24] <Wogglebug> At the spot where the tree meets the trunk, a few hundred meters away from their landing point, is a massive door in the trunk.
[04:51:32] <Wogglebug> *branch
[04:51:43] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich looks at the door. "Should ve knock?"
[04:51:44] <padri> Laura stands and walks to it.
[04:51:59] <padri> "I dont see why not."
[04:52:06] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall walks over
[04:52:08] <Wogglebug> It takes a while, getting there.
[04:52:09] <Nemi> "Come along, now. We must keep going." He tries to rouse Frances, but will settle for carrying her if need be, to proceed along with the others.
[04:52:13] <ZombieRaptor> *knock* when she arrives
[04:52:17] <Wogglebug> But they make it. Eventually.
[04:53:08] <Wogglebug> The door is open slightly, and at Kendall's meager knocking, despite the fact that the door is easily bigger than.. well, something absurdly large and unlikely to swing open, it swings open.
[04:53:26] <Wogglebug> The wood is very pretty and ornately carved, but of course no one has time for that.
[04:53:30] <padri> Laura peeks inside.
[04:53:31] <Wogglebug> First they have to dodge the death.
[04:53:48] <Wogglebug> Everyone roll agility.
[04:53:48] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+7 Agility?
[04:53:49] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Agility?: 7 (4df+7=0, 3+, 4-, 0)
[04:53:50] <Nemi> "Well, that was unexpected. Shall we?" He pauses a moment to admire the woodwork.. And then that feeling of terrible dread hits.
[04:53:54] <Nemi> 4df+8 gotta go fast
[04:53:54] <Glacon> Nemi: gotta go fast: 9 (4df+8=3+, 0, 4-, 3+)
[04:54:18] <Denied_Existence> 4df+14 Ohgodwhat
[04:54:19] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: Ohgodwhat: 11 (4df+14=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[04:54:29] <padri> 4df+8 !
[04:54:30] <Glacon> padri: !: 9 (4df+8=4-, 0, 3+, 3+)
[04:54:52] <Wogglebug> 4df+4
[04:54:52] <Glacon> Wogglebug: 3 (4df+4=0, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[04:55:13] <Wogglebug> A wave of two-foot-tall spiders soar through the air above you all, scrambling frantically for your eyes.
[04:55:16] <Wogglebug> They miss, luckily.
[04:55:26] <Wogglebug> A laser follows them.
[04:55:35] <Wogglebug> They all burn, turning to ash as they fall.
[04:55:36] <padri> Laura still screaches.
[04:55:48] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall stabs before she realizes they're gone.
[04:55:54] <Wogglebug> Inside the door is the chaos of below, but much closer.
[04:56:01] <Wogglebug> Dear fuck those ants are huge.
[04:56:12] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh god.."
[04:56:14] <Proto_Lost> Fran sticks close to the door, fearful for whatever's down there.
[04:56:16] <Wogglebug> There are probably a dozen ants, and five times that many spiders of myriad sizes.
[04:56:20] <Nemi> "Oomf!" He dives aside with Fran. There's a pang of sympathy for the spiders, in spite of their murderousness. Anunzu appears, and bops him on the head, and he shakes himself off and rises again.
[04:56:20] <padri> Laura wouldn't mind not going in.
[04:56:24] <Wogglebug> And…. something else.
[04:56:37] <Proto_Lost> "AGH!"
[04:56:46] <Wogglebug> A great lumbering beast is running through the crowd, rapidly.
[04:57:07] <padri> Laura stares at the beast.
[04:57:19] <Wogglebug> Everything that crosses its path dies, although in some cases they take a while to notice.
[04:57:28] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall gapes.
[04:57:41] <Denied_Existence> "…Oh nein…"
[04:57:46] <Wogglebug> It's about ten feet tall, which isn't all that tall, given the surroundings, and four hooves.
[04:57:51] <padri> Could that be the god of death?
[04:57:57] <Wogglebug> It's also got two arms, one of which holds a sword.
[04:58:03] <Wogglebug> It's a centaur, you see.
[04:58:18] <Wogglebug> Sort of like a horse, but more existential and less insane.
[04:58:18] <padri> Or the god of the forest?
[04:58:23] <Wogglebug> To a slight degree, anyway.
[04:58:37] <Proto_Lost> She barely registers it now, growing more and more desensitized and numb to the whole mess.
[04:58:41] * gum|logging is now known as gumbal1
[04:58:46] <Wogglebug> It roars as it swipes at everything around, killing indiscriminately.
[04:59:03] <Wogglebug> "BACK, FOUL BEASTS!"
[04:59:06] <ZombieRaptor> "Um."
[04:59:18] <padri> laura is v impressed
[04:59:21] <ZombieRaptor> "SIR." She yells. If he can hear her.
[04:59:38] <Wogglebug> The giant room filled with monsters is quicklybecoming a ginat room filled with gore.
[04:59:55] <Wogglebug> It can't hear you over the sound of the fact that it's killing things, Kendall.
[04:59:58] <Proto_Lost> She still averts her eyes, looking away from the whole thing.
[05:00:05] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall watches on.
[05:00:25] <Wogglebug> Oh man that horse centaur guy just kicked that Spider's head in! That was awesome!
[05:00:26] <padri> So does Laura
[05:00:45] <Wogglebug> The centaur does a suplex on an Ant.
[05:00:48] <Nemi> A centaur. Basile watches the battlefield with interest, unsure of what to do. He's certainly not one for battle himself. For now, he watches his surroundings, looking for any sign of the chopper.
[05:00:48] <Wogglebug> Because it can.
[05:01:04] <Wogglebug> Nope. No chopper. Nice wood though.
[05:01:10] <padri> She just stands there, awed
[05:01:19] <Proto_Lost> Fuck yeah go Centaur. Fran isn't as hyped, as she'd much rather be at home.
[05:01:23] <ZombieRaptor> Any more spiders come at them?
[05:01:27] <Wogglebug> After a while, there's a loud thumping sound and a cessation of the louder screeching sounds.
[05:01:44] <Wogglebug> All Spiders and Ants lay dead.
[05:01:59] <ZombieRaptor> "Uhh… Sir??"
[05:01:59] <Wogglebug> The Centaur cleans its hooves on something near the door before coming to answer it.
[05:02:02] <ZombieRaptor> She shouts
[05:02:06] <Wogglebug> He sidles up to the door.
[05:02:12] <Wogglebug> "Hello?"
[05:02:15] <Denied_Existence> "Guten tag!"
[05:02:23] <ZombieRaptor> "Hello.."
[05:02:26] <Wogglebug> "Oh. Hello."
[05:02:31] <Wogglebug> "How are you today."
[05:02:40] <ZombieRaptor> "We are looking for a way back to our dimension…. We are well, yourself?"
[05:02:47] <Wogglebug> It remembers to sheath its sword, which is mostly just a big red blob at this point.
[05:02:57] <Nemi> "Hello, sir." Basile bows in greeting.
[05:03:17] <padri> Laura just blinks at the centaur
[05:03:18] <Wogglebug> "Good, good. If you don't mind, I've just woken up, and I ort of need to go wake up my boss."
[05:03:19] <Proto_Lost> Fran looks at the creature properly, and her nerves are soothed slightly by something familiar.
[05:03:38] <Wogglebug> Fran, it's ten feet tall and covered in gore, ichor,a dn something shiny.
[05:04:06] <Nemi> "The Master of the Forest? Can we assist in any way?"
[05:04:14] <Nemi> There he is, with verbal capitalization again.
[05:04:18] <Wogglebug> "If you'd like, you can come in. A bit loud, out there, today."
[05:04:25] <padri> "/You/ have a boss?"
[05:04:31] <Wogglebug> "well yes."
[05:04:36] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall steps in.
[05:04:36] <Wogglebug> "You know."
[05:04:41] <Wogglebug> "The Forest God and all."
[05:04:44] <ZombieRaptor> "Exciting day huh?"
[05:04:58] <Wogglebug> "Nice enough employer. Good benefits. Dental, hoof care, the works."
[05:05:09] <Nemi> "He offers dental? Really?"
[05:05:13] <Proto_Lost> It's a centaur, she's trying to block all the other details that'd probably make her faint.
[05:05:14] <Wogglebug> He ushers them in.
[05:05:27] <Wogglebug> "Come in, before you catch a draft."
[05:05:31] <Nemi> "I should consider signing on. Anansi only offers eye care." He chuckles and steps on in properly.
[05:05:34] <Wogglebug> It maneuvers them around a pile of dead.
[05:05:38] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall a already inside.
[05:06:03] <padri> Laura is just overwhelmed
[05:06:13] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich follows, observing the carnage around the room.
[05:06:45] <Wogglebug> It's a great big cavern, likely only part of the Tree. There's a massive spiraling staircase int he center of the place, and all around it's mostly just what is multiversally recognizable as a room meant for doing nothing but walking into and out of."
[05:06:49] <Wogglebug> *-"
[05:06:59] <Wogglebug> There's lots of dead Spiders and Ants about.
[05:07:30] <Wogglebug> "You see, I feel asleep some number of weeks ago, and I've just now woken up, and I must wake up the boss man, or else he'll never get out of bed."
[05:07:50] <Wogglebug> "Make yourself…. comfortable? I suppose."
[05:07:53] <Proto_Lost> "W-will w-w-wa-waking him up get us home?"
[05:07:58] <Denied_Existence> "How did you sleep through this noise?"
[05:08:30] <Wogglebug> "I think it might be a curse, actually. Felt like one. Like being smothered, sort of. I hope the boss isn't cursed too. That would be difficult."
[05:08:51] <Wogglebug> "He's always grumpy, when he's cursed."
[05:08:59] <Nemi> Basile seems to be taking all this in stride. When he's confident that Fran can walk again, he'll put her back down. "Does this sort of thing happen often? When I last was nearby, ah, a rather massive consciousness attached to those spiders may have attempted to rip my soul out."
[05:09:10] <Nemi> "I do wonder if they're connected."
[05:09:37] <Wogglebug> "Oh."
[05:09:50] <Wogglebug> The thing looks up, vaguely, and then down. Vaguelier.
[05:09:55] <Wogglebug> "Oh my."
[05:09:59] <Wogglebug> "That's not very good."
[05:10:04] * padri has quit (Client exited)
[05:10:09] <ZombieRaptor> "Basile called it a weaver?"
[05:10:15] <Wogglebug> "Tell me, do you know anything about waking gods up? i might need a spot of help."
[05:10:31] <Wogglebug> Just then, a scream, most likely human, can be heard from far above.
[05:10:44] <Wogglebug> Sounds like a guard. They have a sort of universal scream.
[05:10:56] <Denied_Existence> "…Sounds like one of our friends."
[05:11:03] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall sighs.
[05:11:05] <Wogglebug> "Oh my."
[05:11:14] <Wogglebug> "All the more reason to wake up the bossman, I suppose."
[05:11:20] * padri has joined #homeimprovement
[05:11:30] <padri> Retcon laura ever being there
[05:11:35] * padri has left #homeimprovement ()
[05:11:41] <Wogglebug> Laura passed out.
[05:11:45] <Proto_Lost> Fran just shakes again, wondering how she'll get home.
[05:11:46] <Wogglebug> Terribly unfortunate.
[05:11:57] <Nemi> "Oh, bother. Yes. Being that we can't get that high.. I suspect I know where our missing chopper went. I will do what I can, though I admit actually WAKING a god is somewhat tricky."
[05:12:00] <Wogglebug> The guard, who was barely there, takes her off somewhere quiet to rest,
[05:12:02] <Nemi> "I prefer to, ah, gently nudge."
[05:12:03] <Denied_Existence> "Lead the way." Heinrich suggests.
[05:12:21] <Wogglebug> You probably could go up, Basile.
[05:12:33] <Wogglebug> The staircase goes up and down.
[05:12:43] <Wogglebug> The Centaur nods, and gallops towards the stairs.
[05:12:57] <Wogglebug> "Come along!"
[05:13:03] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall follows.
[05:13:05] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich looks back at the group, then turns to follow
[05:13:21] <Nemi> And what's Basile going to do? Die at whatever's killing the armed guards up there? He opts to follow the Centaur.
[05:13:39] <Wogglebug> It runs towards the bottom of the tree, galloping at an absurd pace.
[05:13:47] <Wogglebug> Far too many steps at a time, really.
[05:13:55] <Wogglebug> They're certainly large steps, though.
[05:14:03] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich jogs to keep up as best he can.
[05:14:17] <Nemi> He jogs afterward. This man seems to have infinite stamina. And he's doing it barefoot.
[05:14:33] <Wogglebug> What a champ.
[05:14:35] <Denied_Existence> Darn hippies
[05:14:53] <Wogglebug> Probably has nothing to do with the fact that he's in what is essentially the largest concetration of life energy in several worlds.
[05:14:57] <Proto_Lost> Fran is wearing heels and they are killing her.
[05:14:57] <Wogglebug> Couldn't be that, nope.
[05:15:04] <Nemi> Certainly not.
[05:15:08] * TeslaTornado is now known as Tesla|Away
[05:15:36] <Wogglebug> After a while, the place seems to get darker, which is odd given the distinct lack of light sources.
[05:15:59] <Nemi> Basile lights a cigarette. Without a lighter. Eh, some perks for not being able to huck fireballs.
[05:16:17] <Wogglebug> The fire is a lot bigger than it should be.
[05:16:23] <Wogglebug> Nearly a fireball.
[05:16:47] <Nemi> Basile is grateful for lack of facial hair, because it would be singed. He will miss his eyebrows.
[05:16:55] <Wogglebug> They keep going and going and going and going and going and going.
[05:17:09] <Wogglebug> Dear god this stairway is huge.
[05:17:22] <Proto_Lost> She has half a mind to just drop dead on the stairs and wait for the spiders to eat her.
[05:17:23] <Nemi> Basile has to light up another cigarette. Carefully.
[05:17:32] <Wogglebug> Everntually they reach the bottom of the stairs. Or, at least, a landing. It's dark, there.
[05:17:44] <Wogglebug> "Come, hurry! Something's wrong!"
[05:18:23] <Wogglebug> He rushes along corridors and hallways, following the magical equivalent of his nose.
[05:18:48] <Nemi> And Basile hurries along afterwards, gripping his cig in his teeth.
[05:19:14] <Wogglebug> He leads them to a very very very very big door carved in what appears to be rock, inside a cavern of dark wood large enough to house several super-cathedrals.
[05:19:18] <Proto_Lost> "…Oh dear God…c-can we p-p-p-please just go home." She says, doing her best to keep up.
[05:19:36] <Nemi> "We will once we figure out how, young miss!"
[05:19:51] <Wogglebug> It rushes through the door, breaking a centaur-shaped hole in several meters of hardwood.
[05:20:06] <Nemi> The scale of this place is really rather staggering. Basile is hardly certain how to handle it. He … .. stares at the hole the Centaur made, huffs, and continues afterward.
[05:20:37] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich steps carefully through the hole, hurrying to catch back up with the centaur
[05:20:46] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall runs after it.
[05:20:54] <Wogglebug> They find themselves in a small, sensible cavern, with none of that silliness with synonyms for big.
[05:21:15] <Wogglebug> It's very dark.
[05:21:16] <Proto_Lost> "…h-half expected it to be h-h-huge again."
[05:21:35] <Wogglebug> In the center of the vaguely bowl-shaped cavern stands a great statue.
[05:21:55] <Wogglebug> It's taller than the Centaur by a bit, and looks a hell of a lot more intimidating, which is saying something.
[05:22:01] <Nemi> "Ah, some place almost reasonably sized." He puffs on his cigarette, letting the flame intensify and intensify.. until he has a blazing torch. Next to his face. One eye is closed comically as he quirks the cigarette to one side and approaches the statue.
[05:22:22] <Wogglebug> The statue is of a great, heroic looking man in armor, bearing a great axe.
[05:22:39] <Nemi> "This would be the Master, then?"
[05:22:54] <Wogglebug> The stone is very grey, and bound to the floor of the cavern by dark, oily chains.
[05:23:03] <Wogglebug> The Centaur nods, horror stricken.
[05:23:17] <Wogglebug> "I don't know what happened. You pop off for a nap, and then…"
[05:23:28] <Wogglebug> It plops down in front of the statue.
[05:23:46] <Proto_Lost> "…h-he looks g-g-go-good."
[05:24:06] <Wogglebug> "Something must have bound him…."
[05:24:13] <Wogglebug> "This is /terrible/"
[05:24:14] <Nemi> "Chains, not webs." Basile puzzles over this.
[05:24:31] <Nemi> "Tell me, warrior, what forces are at play here? I'd check for myself but I'd rather not get soulcrushed again."
[05:24:40] <Wogglebug> The chains look like something magic. They sort of floor to the eye."
[05:24:46] <Wogglebug> *-"
[05:25:07] <Wogglebug> "Something dark laid these chains. Only a god could have done this."
[05:25:20] <Wogglebug> That is likely the saddest centaur you've ever seen, Basile.
[05:25:28] <Denied_Existence> "How many 'gods' are there?"
[05:25:52] <Nemi> "Right." Basile, having not seen many centaurs to compare this one to, is still touched. And he approaches the chains, poking at one with the glowing tip of his cigarette.
[05:25:54] <Wogglebug> The Centaur turns its head slightly. "Many, I would think."
[05:25:59] <Proto_Lost> She's suddenly struck with a strange idea. "…d-do you h-ha-have any books on m-magic…th-that d-deal w-w-with this kind of sp-spell?"
[05:26:11] <Wogglebug> The cigarette disassembles itself.
[05:26:24] <Wogglebug> "I am no wizard, thank you very much."
[05:26:28] <ZombieRaptor> "Ms. Moodie said something about a death god."
[05:26:35] <Wogglebug> "It could be."
[05:26:48] <Proto_Lost> "I…I mean b-books! T-tomes I c-ca-can read!"
[05:27:00] <Wogglebug> "The God of Death is known to make such bargains. An eye for the proper price, a tooth for a slightly lower one."
[05:27:15] <Wogglebug> It stares sadly at the statue.
[05:27:28] <Wogglebug> "itdoesntevenlooklikehim"
[05:27:59] <Wogglebug> The Centaur harumphs, and walks over the the statue.
[05:28:03] <Wogglebug> "Have any of you a hammer?"
[05:28:24] * Tesla|Away is now known as teslaTornado
[05:28:36] <Wogglebug> (A Centaur's harumph, by the way, is essentially a whinny.)
[05:29:27] <ZombieRaptor> "I have a knife?"
[05:29:38] <Wogglebug> The Centaur shrugs.
[05:29:52] <Wogglebug> "The chains will need to be broken, I expect."
[05:30:05] <Nemi> Basile steps away from the chain, brushing remnant embers from his fingers. "No doubt. They seem rather inimicable to whatever they contact, however."
[05:30:11] <Wogglebug> It takes out its sword, and swings at a chain.
[05:30:25] <Wogglebug> The sword melts down to something like a puddle.
[05:30:31] <Nemi> "Ah.. Warned you."
[05:30:43] <Wogglebug> The Centaur harumphs again.
[05:30:49] <Wogglebug> "I suppose you did."
[05:31:06] <Wogglebug> It turns, and gives the statue a swift kick in the ass.
[05:31:12] <Nemi> Basile puzzles over the bindings. What to do, what to do… Anything nearby that might offer a clue to a perceptive, grizzled old sorcerer?
[05:31:27] <Wogglebug> At first he rebounds, but then the statue cracks slightly.
[05:31:36] <Wogglebug> Just a slight crack, down the rear.
[05:31:46] <Nemi> "Ah, warrior, you seem to have cracked his buttocks."
[05:31:53] <Wogglebug> "So it would seem."
[05:32:21] <Wogglebug> It kicks again. the crack widens.
[05:32:35] <Denied_Existence> "To be fair, it probably already vas cracked." Heinrich jokes to lighten the mood a little.
[05:32:46] <Nemi> Basile snorts at Heinrich, and then folds his arms to watch.
[05:32:50] <Wogglebug> "Help me with this."
[05:33:00] <Wogglebug> The Centaur kicks again.
[05:33:05] <Proto_Lost> Fran just frowns, wondering how she could help. She'd gotten over her initial shock for the moment.
[05:33:06] <Wogglebug> The crack widens.
[05:33:12] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich takes out his old entrentching tool, stepping forwards.
[05:33:17] <Denied_Existence> entrenching*
[05:33:23] <Wogglebug> The Centaur lets him through.
[05:33:28] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall stabby stabs!
[05:33:37] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+12
[05:33:39] <Denied_Existence> He flips the hatched around to it's flat rear and gives the statue a mighty wallop
[05:33:43] <Wogglebug> Roll strength to attack the statue of a god!
[05:33:51] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+7
[05:33:51] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 8 (4df+7=0, 0, 0, 3+)
[05:34:09] <Denied_Existence> 4df+14
[05:34:09] <Wogglebug> Cracks form down its side.
[05:34:09] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 13 (4df+14=0, 4-, 0, 0)
[05:34:13] <Wogglebug> Woah!
[05:34:28] <Wogglebug> The statue begins to crumble, and the oily chains snap.
[05:34:41] <Wogglebug> A cloud of dust rises to meet them.
[05:35:03] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich covers his mouth and nose with his inner elbow
[05:35:04] <Wogglebug> After it clear, they can see someone standing in the statue's place.
[05:35:29] * Atcero has joined #homeimprovement
[05:35:36] * Atcero has left #homeimprovement ()
[05:35:40] <Nemi> Basile is bemused. "You know, I never would have thought of the direct approach like that."
[05:35:49] <Wogglebug> It's a little old man, probably four feet tall, very shriveled and stooped and funny looking. He's wearing a green robe, and has a little wooden wand.
[05:36:12] <Wogglebug> He smiles at the Centaur, in a senile sort of way.
[05:36:22] <Wogglebug> The Centaur picks him up and hgs him.
[05:36:22] <Proto_Lost> "…I-I c-could've…" She just sighs, knowing full well she didn't have anythng useful to offer.
[05:36:25] <Wogglebug> *hugs
[05:36:38] <Wogglebug> "Oh! We thought you were lost to us!"
[05:36:44] <Wogglebug> "I've been so worried!"
[05:36:52] <Nemi> "Hello!" Basile bows to the little man.
[05:37:01] <Wogglebug> "Now now put me down Basil."
[05:37:22] <Wogglebug> "You're embarrassing us, you big silly."
[05:37:25] <ZombieRaptor> "Hello sir."
[05:37:36] <Proto_Lost> "H-hello….s-sir."
[05:37:39] <Wogglebug> The little man slips out of Basil's grasp and lands in front of them, wobbling slightly.
[05:37:47] <Wogglebug> He smiles eagerly. "Hello!"
[05:37:58] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall walks up and offers her hand. "How do you do?"
[05:38:00] <Wogglebug> "Who are you!"
[05:38:19] <Wogglebug> The little old man shakes her hand. It feels pretty ordinary.
[05:38:26] <Wogglebug> Very small, and wrinkly though.
[05:38:28] <ZombieRaptor> "We are humans… We found our way through a.. A portal."
[05:38:37] <Wogglebug> "Oh."
[05:38:58] <Denied_Existence> "The spiders were encroaching on our dominion."
[05:39:00] <Wogglebug> "Tell me, are thsoe Spiders still out near the borders causing trouble?"
[05:39:02] <Nemi> "Yes. We're a long ways from home. Spider trouble."
[05:39:06] <Wogglebug> "Oh."
[05:39:12] <ZombieRaptor> "They attacked our site in our realm."
[05:39:12] <Wogglebug> "Well then."
[05:39:15] <Proto_Lost> "…th-th-they're i-in your…um…tree."
[05:39:20] <Wogglebug> "I think I understand."
[05:39:26] <Wogglebug> "Well."
[05:39:37] <Wogglebug> "Hmm."
[05:39:42] <Wogglebug> "Right."
[05:39:53] <Wogglebug> "Everyone hang on and all that."
[05:40:34] <Wogglebug> Everything changes, suddenly. There's nothing between A and B. There's just suddenly B. They're at the top of the grand Staircase, somehow, and they somehow know it.
[05:40:40] <Wogglebug> "But sir."
[05:41:01] <Wogglebug> "Not now silly Basil, give an old man a minute to see about his house."
[05:41:28] <Wogglebug> They stand in front of a great door, larger still than the one in the cavern below.
[05:41:51] <Wogglebug> The little old man waises his wand at it, and screws his face up, looking a little silly.
[05:42:02] <Nemi> "Guh!" Despite everything, THAT is a bit disorienting, and Basile spends a moment leaning against a nearby object until the room stops moving. He inhales, shakes his head, and then peers up at the door.
[05:42:12] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich is set a little off by the sudden alteration to the environment around him, but recovers relatively quickly.
[05:42:13] <Wogglebug> He furrows his brows a bit, concentrating very hard.
[05:42:38] <Wogglebug> The door's about 200 feet high.
[05:42:55] <Proto_Lost> Fran tries to remember how they got here, and draws a blank that she finds herself not thnking about too much.
[05:42:56] <Wogglebug> The little old man is staring at it intently, his little wand pointed at it.
[05:43:00] <ZombieRaptor> "Why is everything so large around here?"
[05:43:15] <Wogglebug> "Habit."
[05:43:48] <Wogglebug> The door goes flying off its hinges, several hundred feet into the room beyond, creating a minor shock wave and a whole lot of dust.
[05:44:00] <Wogglebug> The little old man clears his throat.
[05:44:07] <Wogglebug> "Now then."
[05:44:08] <Nemi> "Everything is -suffused- with life here, madam. It's no wonder that everything is enormous." He steps back, startled, and covers his eyes from the dust at THAT show.
[05:44:19] <Wogglebug> He walks through the doorway.
[05:44:34] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall follows.. ~wow~
[05:44:43] <Nemi> Basile coughs, gently, and follows.
[05:44:43] <Proto_Lost> She lets out a soft "…wow." in spite of herself.
[05:44:50] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich follows, not sure of much.
[05:44:56] <Wogglebug> Inside the doorway, besides a lot of squished Spiders is a whole lot more non-squished ones.
[05:45:11] <Wogglebug> The dust settles around them, as they stare at the little old man.
[05:45:20] <Wogglebug> Basil sort of rubs the back of his head awkwardly.
[05:45:21] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall smirks.
[05:45:35] <Wogglebug> "Well. Who's first."
[05:45:40] <Proto_Lost> "…oh dear."
[05:45:46] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh my."
[05:45:49] <Wogglebug> Several of the many hundreds of Spiders rush the little man at once.
[05:45:52] <ZombieRaptor> "This should he quick."
[05:46:04] <Proto_Lost> "L-look out!"
[05:46:07] <Wogglebug> Two of them are the size of apartment buildings, and nearly twice as angry.
[05:46:13] <ZombieRaptor> "I think he's got it…"
[05:46:39] <Wogglebug> The little old man points his wand at them.
[05:46:44] <Wogglebug> And they stop existing.
[05:46:55] <Wogglebug> Turns out they were never spawned. Who knew.
[05:47:11] <Nemi> Basile is briefly puzzled. What had everyone so concerned?
[05:47:13] <Wogglebug> He continues this, for a while, clearing a way through the crowd.
[05:47:36] <Wogglebug> He hums a bit while he does so.
[05:47:48] <Proto_Lost> "…wh-…where d-d-d-did they g-go?"
[05:48:14] <Wogglebug> Eventaully, after a good bit of loud pops and much quieter, more insidious pops, the gigantic cavern is cleared.
[05:48:28] <Wogglebug> It's a massive palce, bigger than a football stadium, and twice as tall.
[05:48:35] <Denied_Existence> "Spring cleaning?" Heinrich offers.
[05:48:43] * Atcero has joined #homeimprovement
[05:48:46] <Wogglebug> At the end opposite the door sits a little chair, just barely visible.
[05:48:48] * Atcero has left #homeimprovement ()
[05:49:03] <Wogglebug> The rest is empty, wood floors for ages and ages.
[05:49:04] <Nemi> "House cleaning," Basile agrees, though he's not sure if there ever were any spiders there to begin with.
[05:49:29] <Wogglebug> Above the chair, a great bay door starts grinding open.
[05:49:34] <Denied_Existence> The German enters the cavern, admiring the place a little.
[05:50:03] <Proto_Lost> She looks at the whole place in awe, her fear gone now now that the spiders were gone.
[05:50:09] <Wogglebug> There ares some birds up there, far away.
[05:50:22] <Wogglebug> "Now then. I must away. Basil, see to the guests."
[05:50:31] <ZombieRaptor> "If only you'd do that to the SCP's.." Kendall mutters.
[05:50:58] <Wogglebug> A bird, pink and silly looking and with very long legs, swoops down and grabs the little old man, carrying him out towards the great bay door.
[05:51:09] <Wogglebug> Basil just sort of stands there awkwardly.
[05:51:12] <Wogglebug> "Sooooo……."
[05:51:17] <Proto_Lost> "O-oh!" She unconsciously reaches out to the man in surprise.
[05:51:25] <Wogglebug> "You mentioned some friends of yours?"
[05:51:45] <ZombieRaptor> "Yes… Some guards for the site in which we reside."
[05:51:51] <Nemi> "Well then. Yes. A helicopter-ah, a flying machine-of hours was last seen near here. And I believe our friends were, ah, screaming earlier."
[05:51:55] <ZombieRaptor> "Our helicopter went down…"
[05:52:18] <Wogglebug> "How terrible. I think I know where they might be, though, if you'd follow."
[05:52:48] <Wogglebug> The Centaur leads them back to the central stairway, and down a passage better suited to major infrastructure.
[05:52:56] <Proto_Lost> Fran's eager to leave, so she quickly follows.
[05:53:01] <Nemi> Basile continues e'er on.
[05:53:06] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall follows.
[05:53:21] <Wogglebug> Eventually, they arrive at a small door, barely a story tall.
[05:53:33] <Wogglebug> Basil pushes it open, eager to get tea put on.
[05:53:42] <Wogglebug> He stops short.
[05:53:43] <Wogglebug> "Oh."
[05:54:11] <Nemi> "Oh?"
[05:54:28] <Wogglebug> Inside is a moderately huge room, a large helicopter lay in a great circle of chalked wood.
[05:54:43] <Nemi> "Well then."
[05:54:59] <Wogglebug> Two Spiders are crouching over it. One, larger, has Far Too Many Legs, and the other ten legs, which is still too many, but somewhat less so.
[05:55:16] <Wogglebug> Basile, the one with ten legs is the Weaver.
[05:55:19] <Proto_Lost> … "…p-please just kill those things."
[05:55:19] <Wogglebug> It stares at you.
[05:55:23] <Wogglebug> Everyone, mdef.
[05:55:33] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
[05:55:34] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, 3+, 3+)
[05:55:49] <Denied_Existence> 4df+10
[05:55:49] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 8 (4df+10=0, 0, 4-, 4-)
[05:56:25] <Proto_Lost> 4df+5 yes
[05:56:25] <Glacon> Proto_Lost: yes: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 4-, 0)
[05:56:47] <ZombieRaptor> How tall are they?
[05:57:01] <Nemi> 4df+6
[05:57:01] <Glacon> Nemi: 7 (4df+6=0, 0, 3+, 0)
[05:57:07] <Wogglebug> 16-feet, probably.
[05:57:10] <Wogglebug> 4df+8
[05:57:10] <Glacon> Wogglebug: 8 (4df+8=4-, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[05:57:37] <Wogglebug> Everyone save Heinrich, you feel an immense pressure on your mind, and the Spiders disappear.
[05:57:38] <Wogglebug> Heinrish, shiiiiiit.
[05:57:47] <Proto_Lost> "Nnngghh…"
[05:58:11] <Nemi> Basile steps back once, hands to his temples. "Ngah. Hello to you, too, Weaver."
[05:58:11] <Wogglebug> The Spider with ten legs is running, somewhere, and the other is running somewhere else.
[05:58:20] <Wogglebug> The somewhere else happens to be where you're standing.
[05:58:33] <ZombieRaptor> "Ngghh."
[05:58:36] <Denied_Existence> "Sheisse!"
[05:58:41] <ZombieRaptor> "What?"
[05:58:44] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich raises his rifle and fires a burst
[05:59:06] <Denied_Existence> 4df+10
[05:59:06] <Glacon> Denied_Existence: 13 (4df+10=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
[05:59:08] <ZombieRaptor> (All the ammo cooked off earlier didn it?)
[05:59:15] <Wogglebug> Yes.
[05:59:28] <Wogglebug> The gun misfires.
[05:59:30] <Wogglebug> And goes flying.
[05:59:55] <Wogglebug> Baisl dives in front of Heinrich, tying to get int he big Spider's way.
[05:59:58] <Wogglebug> *Basil
[06:00:32] <Wogglebug> Basil swings.
[06:00:39] <Wogglebug> 4df+16
[06:00:39] <Glacon> Wogglebug: 16 (4df+16=4-, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[06:00:51] <Wogglebug> 4df+12
[06:00:51] <Glacon> Wogglebug: 10 (4df+12=4-, 0, 4-, 0)
[06:01:00] <Wogglebug> Basil hits the bastard! Hard!
[06:01:06] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich elects to draw his hatchet entrenching tool.
[06:01:07] <ZombieRaptor> So Kendall just sees nothing?
[06:01:14] <Nemi> And this is perhaps the worst idea he's had all day, but Basile is going to open his mind. He doesn't like spiders he can't see. All the while, he's trying to scrabble for any of the little spirits to shield him, because he knows that this is going to suck.
[06:01:43] <Wogglebug> Roll anomaly, Basile.
[06:01:53] <Nemi> 4df+6
[06:01:53] <Glacon> Nemi: 6 (4df+6=4-, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[06:01:56] <Proto_Lost> Fran just makes for the door, shaking badly as her fear comes right the fuck back.
[06:01:59] <Wogglebug> Kendall sees Basil being weird.
[06:02:11] <Nemi> Anunzu smacks Basile in the head. Stop being dumb!
[06:02:24] <ZombieRaptor> "What's happening??"
[06:02:35] <Wogglebug> Basil, something dark and cruel is close, and something much crueler is right behind it.
[06:02:41] <Wogglebug> But they're dwarfed byt he other thing.
[06:03:01] <Wogglebug> It doesn't have a name, not properly, nor does it have any particular malice. Just a whole lot of being.
[06:03:13] <Nemi> "There's.. they're very close, but there's something else.. God above, it's huge.."
[06:03:21] <Wogglebug> You feel something plip through your unconsciousness."
[06:03:25] <Wogglebug> *-"
[06:03:36] <Nemi> Bloop.
[06:03:41] <Wogglebug> The little old man pops out of your head, due to a misunderstanding about personal boundaries.
[06:03:47] <Proto_Lost> She shields herself with her arms, not knowing what else to do.
[06:03:57] <Wogglebug> %"Leave Basil alone!"
[06:04:05] <Wogglebug> "Leave Basil alone!"
[06:04:20] <Wogglebug> The little old man bifurcates the Spider with Too Many Legs.
[06:04:28] <Wogglebug> Thank gods for that.
[06:04:39] <Wogglebug> The illusion lifts.
[06:04:53] <ZombieRaptor> What can be seen?
[06:04:56] <Proto_Lost> She screams as she hears something living getting torn.
[06:05:05] <Denied_Existence> Heinrich jogs over and picks up his rifle. He had no idea /all/ the rounds had gone off.
[06:05:27] <Wogglebug> A Spider the size of a small building being bifurcated by a tiny old man's fist.
[06:05:45] <ZombieRaptor> Where's the others?
[06:05:45] <Nemi> And Basile -exhales-.
[06:05:52] <Nemi> "Where are you now, Weaver?"
[06:06:01] <Wogglebug> Far on the other end of the cavern, which can really describe every room in this place, the Weaver stands.
[06:06:08] <Wogglebug> It looks pretty evil.
[06:06:12] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall pulls her knife.
[06:06:17] <Wogglebug> And so, being a proper villain, runs away.
[06:06:30] <Wogglebug> A small portal pops open, and shuts, as it flees.
[06:06:42] <Wogglebug> "And don't come back you big dumb jerk!"
[06:06:54] <Proto_Lost> Fran has decided that the best course of action was to hug her knees and hope it all ended.
[06:07:06] <Wogglebug> The little old man goes over to comfort Basil. He got a scratch fighting the Spider.
[06:07:09] <Nemi> "That's one way of putting it, Master."
[06:07:09] <ZombieRaptor> "Shouldn't you maybe hunt it down? It's just going to cause trouble later."
[06:07:31] <Wogglebug> The little old man stares at Basile.
[06:07:48] <Wogglebug> Then he stares at the helicopter.
[06:08:02] <Wogglebug> "Yur friends aren't quite dead yet, you know."
[06:08:06] <Wogglebug> *Your
[06:08:14] <Nemi> Basile peers at the chopper, lip quirked. "They're not? Then we need to retrieve them."
[06:08:14] <Denied_Existence> "Vhat are you referring to?"
[06:08:35] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall strolls towards the chopper..
[06:08:38] <Wogglebug> There's a helicopter int he middle of the room.
[06:08:50] <Wogglebug> Some men emerge from it, coughing.
[06:08:55] <Denied_Existence> "Ah…"
[06:09:03] <Wogglebug> They definitely weren't dead a minute ago. Nope.
[06:09:05] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall smiles. "That's good."
[06:09:15] <Wogglebug> Not dead at all.
[06:09:30] <ZombieRaptor> "Are you boys doing alright?"
[06:09:38] <Wogglebug> "Fine. Yourself?"
[06:09:40] <Nemi> Basile is terribly bemused, but grateful. He tips an invisible hat to the wizened man.
[06:09:42] <Wogglebug> The man looks lost.
[06:09:49] <Wogglebug> The man winks.
[06:09:55] <Wogglebug> *little old man winks
[06:10:29] <Wogglebug> "I suppose you all should be getting home, yes?"
[06:10:31] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall looks at the old man. "Weren't there four?"
[06:10:47] <Proto_Lost> "…y-yes please." She says in a voice that was close to a whisper.
[06:11:05] <Denied_Existence> "Ve sort of need to stop the spider problem."
[06:11:11] <Wogglebug> The little old man frowns, scrunches up his face a bit, and three more helicopters, filled with living breathing crews, fall next to the other one.
[06:11:51] <Wogglebug> "Don't you worry about the spiders. I'll handle the spiders. You all just go and rest. You've had a long day, I'm sure."
[06:11:56] <Nemi> "Yes, indeed. We'd best be getting home." Basile is having trouble being surprised anymore.
[06:12:02] <ZombieRaptor> Kendall smiles and turns back to them. "And that's why we tagged along you guys."
[06:12:08] <Wogglebug> The little old man smiles sweetly to them all, and then suddenly it's point C.
[06:12:48] <Wogglebug> Point C is out front of Site19, with four helicopters and 32 guards, most of which definitely weren't dead an hour ago.
[06:13:05] <Wogglebug> Return to #origins-ic2

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License