Fun in the Sun

<TeslaTornado> Serge plods into the Motor Pool, carrying his patched satchel and his rifle and pistol.
<Riemann> The sight that greets everyone is an awkward looking man in a loose suit, carrying a clipboard

  • padri (~ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon#ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon) has left #homeimprovement

<ShotgunFiendM> Matt is there! He looks ready for action.
<Riemann> It is recognisable as Geoff
<ZombieRaptor> "Who are you?"

  • padri (~ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon#ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon) has joined #homeimprovement

<ZombieRaptor> (Who?)
<Sax> Jon arrives, wearing a shop jacket, as well as his satchel and Colt.
<ihp> Susan walks into the Motor Pool, and has no idea who Geoff is.
<TeslaTornado> "Monsieur."
<ShotgunFiendM> Geoff, Regals intern.
<Riemann> Geoff looks about at the agents, and pipes up in a tiny voice "Hello, everyone, we've had a string of reports about shared hallucinations, so we're going to go investigate."

  • Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.5C92E1C4-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.5C92E1C4-CRInys|nhoJ) has joined #homeimprovement

<TeslaTornado> Serge nods. "What kind of hallucinations?"
<ShotgunFiendM> Or summat.
<ZombieRaptor> "The dreams?"
<Sax> "Dreams?"
<Riemann> "D-d-dreams? No, not dreams, hallucinations. There's a neighborhood that's reporting them."
<Riemann> "Everyone has the same hallucinations, too."
<ihp> "…so, Folie a Deux?." Susan looks at Luvi. "What dreams?"
<Riemann> "So, Mr. Regal has told me to round you up, and investigate."
<Sax> "What were they hallucinating?"
<ZombieRaptor> "An SCP visiting myself and Lis Susan."
<ZombieRaptor> "Doesn't matter right now."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt crosses his arms and pays attention.
<Riemann> "It varies everytime, I'm afraid. No pattern. Just events in the past."
<Riemann> "If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them."
<ihp> Susan nods, taking out her notepad and writing down theories. Among them are /LSD Experiment?/ and /Weird time-thing/.
<Riemann> "Otherwise, the jeeps are right there."
<ihp> "Have non-anomalous possibilities been explored? Such as exposure to LSD in the water supply?"
<ShotgunFiendM> "Do you have an estimate on how many are affectes?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods at the LSD theory.
<ShotgunFiendM> Affected*
<Riemann> "Well, locals checked the water main, and it's the entire neighborhood. 30, 40 people."
<Sax> "Any potential hazard to ourselves?"
<Riemann> Geoff looks at the group, and motions towards the jeeps, then wipes the sweat from his brow
<ihp> "It wouldn't be in the water main. Probably easier to stick it under sinks." How does she know this? "And what do you mean 'of the past'? Memories, or just looks back in time?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at John. "You are /really/ new here, are you not?"
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi takes the drivers seat of a jeep when they go over to them. (Speeding the whole way ftw)
<Riemann> As he begins to answer Jon, he drops his clipboard, and fumbles to pick it up
<Riemann> "I, I really don't know."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt carries 35 rounds on his person at any given time. He calculates odds in his head quietly.
<Sax> "A few days, yeah."
<Riemann> "I was just told to gather you all."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt takes shotgun with Luvi.
<Riemann> "So, if you could, please?"
<Riemann> Geoff is practically begging the agents
<TeslaTornado> Serge sits in the back of the jeep.
<ihp> Susan gets into a jeep, in the driver's seat.
<Sax> Jon loads a magazine into his Colt, and hops into an available jeep.
<TeslaTornado> (Addition: Susan's Jeep)
<Riemann> Geoff scurries off, and can be heard muttering "This is not my job, this is not my job."
<Riemann> The jeeps roar into life, and the team is off!
<ihp> Susan starts up the car and looks at whoever's in the Jeep. "Mr. Harkess is driving the other one… who all's in here?"
<ihp> She means 'what are your names I don't think I know any of you'.
<Riemann> It's not too eventful a journey, but allows for some smalltalk
<Sax> (Assuming Jon's in Susan's jeep) "T/Sgt Jonathan Zhao."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi floors it!
<TeslaTornado> Serge waves from the shotgun seat of Susan's jeep. "Serge. We met once."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt grins. He loads a clip into his Springfield and chambers the first round with a satisfying 'click'
<ihp> "Ah, yes… apologies. I have a poor memory at times." She looks at Zhao, analyzing him. "…you seem rather young for a soldier, if you don't mind me saying."
<Riemann> Psi-7 realises they are nearing their destination, as they look out the window to see houses beginning to pop up randomly
<Sax> "Yes, I do look rather young."

  • AxNinjaX (PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|tibbiM#PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement
  • AxNinjaX has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

<Riemann> It's a growing little suburbia
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi slows down a bit.
<ihp> Susan looks around for any signs of what this town is called.
<Sax> Jon looks at the architecture, as well as the surroundings.
<Riemann> "Sunshine Meadows!" proudly displays a sign they pass
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at the sign and barely manages to read the sign.
<ihp> "…what an atrocious name for a town up north. It's like naming a town in Kansas "Everest Peaks"."
<Riemann> There isn't much architecture, as there aren't many buildings. Those that do exist, are quaint little houses with whitewashed fences, green lawns, and everyonce in a while, a doghouse

  • AxNinjaX (PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|tibbiM#PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<Riemann> There are winding roads that lead to flat plots of land, the seeds of little houses ready to grow
<ihp> "Okay… what neighborhood did he say it was in?"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt notes the lack of decent vantage points.
<Riemann> The head of the convoy stops near a cluster of houses, all complete. It would seem that this is "The Neighborhood"
<ihp> Susan stops the jeep and turns it off, getting out of the car.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi stops and turns off the jeep, he jumps out.

  • padri (~ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon#ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.D03F7014-CRInys|ydobon) has left #homeimprovement

<Sax> Jon hops out.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt climbs out, letting his rifle hang from its sling.
<TeslaTornado> Serge steps down from the Jeep, looking at the suburban houses. If ever there was a hell for Serge, this would be it.
<Riemann> The head of the convoy, an angry looking man named Robert, begins to speak
<Riemann> "We've moved the people out of their homes for right now, under some pretense."

  • Optimal is now known as Optimal|WritesFunnyTale

<Riemann> "This thing happens shortly after sundown, so, you might be on a timer or something."
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods. "Have you narrowed down a search area within the neighborhood?"
<ShotgunFiendM> "So if no ones here, what are we looking for?"
<ihp> Susan starts looking through her purse, pulling out an FBI badge. She looks at Robert. "Sir, if possible, I'd like to question some of the people who were hallucinating, just in case."
<Riemann> "It's one of these two houses, here." Robert motions towards the two houses he is parked between

<Sax> Jon takes a look at the houses. "These were built recently?"
<Riemann> Robert looks at Susan's badge, then responds "They aren't here right now, Miss. They've been moved offsite."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi still has the fake FBI badge from the Septimus run.
<ihp> ~One of two houses? It was an entire damn neighborhood, they said.~ Susan puts away her badge and frowns. "Fair enough."
<ZombieRaptor> "Let's search the houses.."
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at one of the houses, mentally doing a game of eenie-meenie-minee-moe to pick which house to cover first.
<Riemann> "Reports indicate that the hallucinations are most vivid in these, and yes, they were built recently."

  • Optimal|WritesFunnyTale is now known as Optimal

<Riemann> Satisfied that he has answered all the question, Robert leans back, and begins to smoke
<ZombieRaptor> "Do we have gas masks on hand?"
<Sax> Jon pulls out a clipboard.
<Riemann> "Did ya bring any?" He grunts
<ihp> "LSD can't be a gas, Mr. Harkess. So if it is that, the protection will be insufficient."
<ZombieRaptor> "Who says it's LSD?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge had his respirator from the Anomallama incident, but it doesn't have any oxygen.
<Sax> "Is there schematics of the houses available?"

  • AxNinjaX (~PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|alliztahc#PI.69597B4F.F775D6DB.C27F6CCD|alliztahc) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> "I prefer to go to a more rational explanation before jumping to conclusions, Mr. Harkess."
<Riemann> The sun, gently setting behind the houses, casts looming shadows over the jeep and Robert
<ZombieRaptor> "You don't work for a company that specializes in rational."
<TeslaTornado> Serge sets off towards the house to the left of the parked vehicles.
<Riemann> "They're all the same house." Robert grumbles, and indeed, they are
<ihp> Susan starts following Serge.
<ZombieRaptor> "Don't set your mind on it being LSD, if closes your mind to any other options."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads into the house.
<Riemann> The house that greets them would be cheery, under other circumstances
<Sax> Jon follows behind with a light.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls his pistol.
<ZombieRaptor> Is the door unlocked?
<Riemann> The foyer is decently sized, tile spreading out before them, leading into other unseen rooms
<Riemann> The door is not locked
<ihp> Susan is far from closing her mind. LSD is just the first option on her list. "Don't pull your bloody pistol; what are you going to shoot at, a wall? They're /hallucinations/."
<TeslaTornado> Serge begins an inspection of the current level of the house, room by room, his flashlight out.
<ihp> Her voice takes on a distinct British slant when she says the word "bloody".
<ZombieRaptor> "Susan, /stop/ I've been on 13 containment runs… I know what I'm doing."
<Riemann> The lights are off, golden rays of sunlight coming to land on the floor and walls, sneaking in from the windoes
<ZombieRaptor> "I am being fucking cautious."
<Riemann> windows*
<Sax> Jon is also searching for anything that could be potentially out of place.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt stays outside. He's providing overwatch!
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls his flashlight.
<Riemann> Flashlights are not really necessary
<ihp> Susan rolls her eyes, and enters the house. She searches for a light switch.
<ZombieRaptor> Redact
<Sax> Jon's using a small light for drawers and nooks and crannies.
<Riemann> The first door leads to a living room
<ZombieRaptor> Perception?
<Riemann> Go
<ihp> Susan starts looking for the kitchen.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 What're we looking at
<Riemann> Anyone that wants to search, perc and specify room

  • Glacon (gro.kafp.43289D78-CRInys|hkr#gro.kafp.43289D78-CRInys|hkr) has joined #homeimprovement

<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 (Perc, living room)
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Perc, living room): 2 (4df+4=-, -, -, +)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
<ihp> 4df+3 Searching the kitchen for anything that could cause hallucinations
<Glacon> ihp: Searching the kitchen for anything that could cause hallucinations: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
<TeslaTornado> (fuq u)
<ZombieRaptor> Foyer
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+8 Percep+Precision Vision. Matt keeps an eye on things outside. Overwatch and all that.
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Percep+Precision Vision. Matt keeps an eye on things outside. Overwatch and all that.: 10 (4df+8=+, 0, 0, +)
<Sax> 4df+5 Living room
<Glacon> Sax: Living room: 6 (4df+5=0, +, 0, 0)
<Riemann> No one in the house finds anything useful.
<Riemann> Matt, on the other hand
<Riemann> Matt notices that the backyard, which creeps around to the side of the house, looks recently renovated
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads upstairs, if there is one.
<ihp> Susan sighs, looking out the window of the kitchen, presumably where the sun is setting. "Hallucinations of the past… they couldn't have been any more specific?"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt goes up to the front door. He calls inside. "Check the backyard!"
<TeslaTornado> Serge hears it and heads through the house to the backyard.
<Sax> "On it." Jon heads to the backyard, putting away the light.
<ihp> Susan blinks as she hears Matt, and starts heading out the back.
<ihp> 4df+3 Checking the backyard. Glacon don't screw me over.
<Glacon> ihp: Checking the backyard. Glacon don't screw me over.: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks out of an upstairs window.
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 anything?
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: anything?: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 (Perc) Hey, look, a backyard
<Sax> d10+5 Anything back here?
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Perc) Hey, look, a backyard: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, -)
<Glacon> Sax: Anything back here?: 7 (d10+5=2)
<Sax> 4df+5 Wrong dice!
<Glacon> Sax: Wrong dice!: 5 (4df+5=0, +, -, 0)
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt heads back to his vantage point on the jeep.
<Riemann> Susan thinks that it's a rather nice backyard
<Riemann> Luvi can make out a small, odd looking structure, that warrants investigation
<Riemann> Jon, the sharpest of them, notices a pedestal that looks very out of place
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads downstairs. "Over there." He points to it.
<ZombieRaptor> He heads to the structure.
<TeslaTornado> Serge dodders off after him.
<ihp> Susan heads towards the structure as well.
<Sax> Is the pedestal also near the structure?
<Riemann> Same thing, poor choice of words
<Sax> Jon approaches, alongside Luvi, Serge and Susan.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at it
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 anything off about it particularly ?
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: anything off about it particularly ?: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
<Riemann> The pedestal is made of worn stone, rising from the ground to culminate in a flat surface, upon which rests an interesting looking sundial

  • ZombieRaptor is now known as Zomb|Eating

<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 Serge looks at dat sundial
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Serge looks at dat sundial: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
<Sax> Jon sketches out the general structure, as well as its positioning.
<Zomb|Eating> Luvi touches it hesitantly.
<Sax> And its composition.

  • GraemeCracker is now known as GraemeBRB

<ihp> Susan stays away from the sundial; if that's what's causing the anomaly, she wants nothing to do with it.
<Riemann> The sundial is made of wrought iron, cast in a 17th century manner. The numbers are well worn, but you can make out, just barely, something that looks like "scientia portentia est"
<Riemann> Roll percep!
<ihp> (Wouldn't translation be academics?)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 Perception!
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Perception!: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
<ihp> 4df+3 perception again
<Sax> 4df+8 Memory Trap: Any change in the surrounding?
<Glacon> ihp: perception again: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<Glacon> Sax: Memory Trap: Any change in the surrounding?: 10 (4df+8=+, 0, 0, +)
<ShotgunFiendM> (Even Matt? He's not in the backyard)
<Riemann> Understanding the phrase would be academics
<Riemann> Seeing it, not so
<Riemann> (pause for descrip)
<Riemann> And yes, even Matt
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+5 Percep!
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Percep!: 6 (4df+5=+, 0, -, +)
<Riemann> Everyone notices an odd flash off in the distance, behind the clouds that float near the sun
<Riemann> As everyone watches
<Riemann> The last rays of the sun, having traveled their vast distance, rest on the sundial, forming a straight line between our dear sun, and Serge Maillard.

  • AxNinjaX has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.90.1 [Firefox 26.0/20131205075310])

<TeslaTornado> Serge freezes like a deer caught in headlights.
<Zomb|Eating> "Serge move!"
<Zomb|Eating> Luvi runs at him. *push*
<Riemann> (Ah'm not done)
<Zomb|Eating> Ah
<Riemann> This is a lot of describing
<Zomb|Eating> Redact
<Riemann> The sun dips below the clouds, leaving a gray wake in it's absence, as the flashes continue
<Riemann> As you focus on the distance, the twinkle in the distance becomes your world, space and time twisting and stretching so that you and the point exist on a 2 dimensional plane, an infinitely unknown distance separating you.
<Riemann> One last blinding flash, and the world goes gray.
<Riemann> Roll mdef
<ihp> 4df+4 Glacon hates me.
<Glacon> ihp: Glacon hates me.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Mdef) Be a brick, Serge!
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Mdef) Be a brick, Serge!: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
<ihp> (ack her mdef is only 3 subtract one)
<Zomb|Eating> 4df+4
<Glacon> Zomb|Eating: 5 (4df+4=-, +, 0, +)
<Sax> 4df+3 And my luck runs out here!
<Glacon> Sax: And my luck runs out here!: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+4 Matt Mdef champion
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Matt Mdef champion: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
<Riemann> Matt wakes up first, a short distance from everyone else
<Riemann> Susan, Jon, and Luvi are all stirring, but Serge will need a slap
<ShotgunFiendM> He tries to stand, looking around.
<Zomb|Eating> Luvi walks up.
<Zomb|Eating> *slap slap*
<ihp> Susan blinks awake, clutching her head. "God damn it…"
<Riemann> Serge, when you awaken, you've got a splitting headache
<Sax> "What the hell was that?"
<TeslaTornado> "Merde—ah!" Serge doesn't even bother sitting up. He just stays on the ground.
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+8 percep
<Riemann> You find yourself in a town, cold and dreary
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: percep: 8 (4df+8=0, 0, +, -)
<ShotgunFiendM> Looking for things out of the ordinary
<Riemann> The most notable feature about the city in front of you, is that it has no features. Grey falls from the sky in sodden clumps, coating the town in apathy.
<Riemann> Not your everyday apathy, the monster that stops you from getting out of bed, but the kind that sinks into the bones, slowly turning every day into a struggle just to put one step forward.
<Riemann> The apathy, miraculously, has formed into buildings, grey hovels that squat along the shoddy road, providing some level of mental comfort to the denizens, the various holes certainly failing to shelter them physically.
<Zomb|Eating> (Oh my god if it's this one I'm thinking.)
<Zomb|Eating> Luvi grimaces, he has felt this before.
<Zomb|Eating> He takes his binoculars out and looks around.
<ihp> "…All right, so what? Did we suddenly enter a Dashiell Hammett novel? Because I haven't seen this much grey since I watched The Maltese Falcon…"
<TeslaTornado> Serge slowly pulls himself to his feet. He looks around.
<Zomb|Eating> 4df+4 any bonus to perception for binoculars ?
<Riemann> Lumps of gray trudge in the muddy snow, leaving tracks, not unlike slime
<Glacon> Zomb|Eating: any bonus to perception for binoculars ?: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
<ihp> Susan looks at herself; is she grey as well? Or has she retained her color?
<Riemann> Psi-7 is washed out, not from anything anomalous, but from the sheer drear of the town
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 What's this about?
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: What's this about?: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
<Sax> 4df+4 Any evidence of an exit?
<Glacon> Sax: Any evidence of an exit?: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
<ihp> 4df+3 may as well roll perception too
<Glacon> ihp: may as well roll perception too: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
<Zomb|Eating> "Alright… Explore the town?"
<Riemann> (wait)
<TeslaTornado> (brb, 1 min)
<Riemann> You all see a town, full of low buildings, the architecture very, very french
<Riemann> There are several exits to the town
<Riemann> Serge, however, recognises the town

  • Zomb|Eating is now known as ZombieRaptor

<ShotgunFiendM> Matt keeps his rifle at the ready. No siree is this a good situation.
<ihp> Susan frowns at Matt. "Are you mad? This is a town, not a war zone. Put that thing away."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi is next to him, searching with his binoculars. Sniper team!
<TeslaTornado> (back)
<Riemann> Serge, this is it
<Riemann> This is where /it/ happened
<Riemann> Bordeaux
<TeslaTornado> "… No."

  • GraemeBRB is now known as GraemeCracker

<Sax> "You alright?" Jon to Serge.
<ihp> Susan looks at Serge. "…are you saying he should keep his rifle drawn?"
<ShotgunFiendM> "I'm sorry but I won't but my only defense away in an unfamilar place."
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks very, very distant. "Yes. He should."
<Sax> Jon reaches for his pistol, and takes it out.
<Riemann> Psi-7 is in a small alley, a small town square visible in the distance. People make their way through, flashes of red visible every once in a while
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi puts away his binoculars and pulls his K98 out.
<Riemann> Someone is approaching. He looks less beaten than everyone else, and seems friendly

  • AndroUser2 (~ten.ralugnicym.415064B6-CRInys|criordna#ten.ralugnicym.415064B6-CRInys|criordna) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Susan puts her hand on the trench knife in her purse. She steps forward to the man. "Hello?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge remains rooted to his spot.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi turns towards him. "Halt!"

  • AndroUser2 is now known as ShotgunFiendM_

<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 (Perc) Do I remember you?
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Perc) Do I remember you?: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
<Riemann> "You can't do that!" the man hisses, pointing at their weapons
<ZombieRaptor> "Do what!"
<ShotgunFiendM_> "Cant do what?"
<Riemann> "They'll kill you if they think you're part of the Resistance!"
<TeslaTornado> "Everyone shut up." Serge hisses.
<Riemann> "Your weapons!"
<ihp> "Put away your damn weapons, idiots." Susan blinks. ~Resistance?~
<ZombieRaptor> "Is this a French town?"
<Riemann> Serge does not remember this man
<ihp> Roll academics to see what he's talking about?
<Riemann> Sure, or ask Serge nicely
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi frowns, he's thinking hard.
<Sax> 4df+3 Academics
<Glacon> Sax: Academics: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
<ihp> 4df+6 tagging in between the lines.
<Glacon> ihp: tagging in between the lines.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
<ShotgunFiendM_> ~I can sure as hell blow your brains out, old man.~ Matt has a stern look. He makes no move to put his weapon away.
<Riemann> "I don't know who you are, but what the hell are you doing!" He hisses again
<TeslaTornado> "Everyone. Put your /fucking/ weapons away. /Now/." Serge is getting angry.
<ZombieRaptor> "Is this a French town.."
<TeslaTornado> This is uncharacteristic for him.
<Sax> Jon's pistol is holstered.
<Riemann> Jon remembers several revolutions, but all he can say is that this one happened in Europe
<ShotgunFiendM_> "…" Even if Matt did, it would be in plain fucking sight.

  • ShotgunFiendM has quit (Ping timeout)

<ihp> Susan takes her hand out of her purse, but doesn't zip it up.
<Riemann> Susan thinks back to her history lessons, and the flashes of red and black click.
<Riemann> The French Revolution
<TeslaTornado> "This is Bordeaux." Serge says bluntly.
<Riemann> Erm
<Riemann> Resistance, against the Nazis
<Riemann> This is Vichy France, Susan
<ZombieRaptor> Should Luvi know this?
<ZombieRaptor> That it's occupied by his guys
<Riemann> No
<ZombieRaptor> Roll academics?
<Riemann> He has not pieced it together yet
<Riemann> But roll, yes
<ShotgunFiendM_> 4df+4 Matt academics
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM_: Matt academics: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+6 tagging fast learner
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: tagging fast learner: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)

  • ShotgunFiendM_ is now known as ShotgunFiendM

<Riemann> Luvi pulls a blank, but Matt realises where they are
<ZombieRaptor> "Resistance to what?"
<Riemann> "Now, would you all /please/?" the man whispers
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt silently curses.
<ihp> Susan looks at Luvi, and whispers to him, "We're in the 1940s. Take a wild guess."
<Riemann> The man stands in front of them, looking agitated that they're idly chatting
<ShotgunFiendM> He swings his rifle around to his back, pulling the sling tight. It's pulled against his back, out of reach. It's the best he can do.
<ihp> Susan looks at the man. "My apologies… your English is very good for a Frenchman."
<TeslaTornado> "We are in France. In 1942. Think, monsieur." Serge directs this at Luvi.
<ZombieRaptor> "… I was a german soldier. I will keep my weapons out."
<Riemann> "It was a different time, when I learned it." He replies to Susan
<Riemann> The man is named Claude, and I will refer to him as such from now on
<ZombieRaptor> "I was an Onterroffizier Anwärter."
<ihp> Susan looks at Luvi. "That was during World War /one/ though, Mr. Harkess. You're simply a refugee from that awful place now, are you not?" She winks at Luvi, hoping he will get the message.
<Riemann> Claude does a double take at Luvi's words, but calms a bit when Susan speaks.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi whispers to Susan. "I can pass for a German soldier now if any pass us."
<ZombieRaptor> Redact
<ZombieRaptor> "Yes…"
<TeslaTornado> Serge turns to the young man. In French: «I must apologise for my friends, kind sir. They are not well, we have traveled a great distance seeking shelter from the Germans.»
<Sax> Jon whispers to Matt: "Didn't that Geoff say that these hallucinations are linked to someone's past?"
<ZombieRaptor> "That's why I said /was/."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt nods.
<Sax> "Is it possible that this can be one of ours?"
<Riemann> Claude replies. «Then welcome to Bordeaux, we've hit hard times. With the Nazi forces and all.»
<Riemann> «Are you part of the Resistance?»
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi frowns. "I need a place to stow my weapons."
<ihp> Roll academics to understand them?
<ShotgunFiendM> "I would guess at it being Serge's" He whispers back.
<Sax> Jon nods.
<Riemann> Unless Susan took French classes, no roll
<ihp> Nevermind then.
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods. «I am a /maquisard/, yes. I am bringing these men and women here to give them a better chance.»
<Sax> "But we still have to play it well… they never said if the hallucinations resulted in real-life manifested damage."

  • You are now known as ProcyonBRB

<Riemann> Claude turns to Luvi, "Give it to me, I can put it in my home for now."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt nods again. He'd rather avoid Serge having more mental health issues.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi hesitantly hands him his rifle. "Is a crossbow conspicuous?"
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls his mini crossbow.
<Sax> ~At least it is his memories, and not mine~
<ZombieRaptor> He keeps his pistol hidden on his side, behind his coat.
<ihp> Susan's weapon stays in her purse.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt is extremely hesitant to even offer up his weapons.
<Riemann> «We need your help, Mr! They don't know you! We need someone to aid our sabotage!»
<Sax> Jon's weapon remains underneath his jacket.
<Riemann> Claude accepts the rifle, then eyes the crossbow "If you can keep it hidden…"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt sighs. He hands over his rifle too.
<TeslaTornado> «Sabotage? What do you mean?» Serge really hopes he means something different. He hopes it's something else. /Anything/ else.
<ZombieRaptor> "I can say it's for hunting?"
<Riemann> "What is there to hunt? Did you not see the countryside?"

<ihp> (Sabotage is a cognate. Might they be able to understand that?")
<Riemann> «Sabotage, of a German supply line!»
<Riemann> Susan recognises the word 'cognate'
<ihp> :|
<ZombieRaptor> It is very similar…
<Riemann> Susan can gather that Serge and the stranger are discussing sabotage
<TeslaTornado> Serge gets very quiet.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi hands the man the crossbow. Can he look around town?
<ihp> Susan frowns. ~Might be able to help with that…~
<Riemann> «Please, sir!»
<Sax> ~Sabotage… I can definitely help out~
<TeslaTornado> Serge stands still, thinking. He lets out a slow sigh. «… We will do what must be done.»
<Riemann> «The office is just across the square! They won't hurt you if they think you're moving from another town!»
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt feels out of place without his rifle.
<ZombieRaptor> "If you need a sharpshooter to drive them out.. I am a master."
<Riemann> Claude's excitement is almost palpable, and adds an air of colour to the dreary town
<ZombieRaptor> Redact the last part
<TeslaTornado> Serge stands still. «I will do what I can.»
<Riemann> Claude motions for them to follow, and he arranges the various weapons he's holding, to look less conspicuous
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi follows.
<Riemann> He heads out of the alley and towards the square
<Sax> Jon follows.
<TeslaTornado> Serge follows Claude.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt follows, looking around as he does.

  • Lumberjack (yalpelor.siht.ni.gniraeppa.ton|ris#yalpelor.siht.ni.gniraeppa.ton|ris) has joined #homeimprovement

<ihp> Susan looks at Serge. "What's going on here? Why are they talking about the S-word?"
<Riemann> As the exit the alley,
<Riemann> They notice the silence
<Sax> ~not good!~
<Riemann> The town is silent, the guilty kind that lurks around corners, waiting to jump out at conspirators. It is the silence of some great and terrible secret, hidden just below the occasional words that interrupt it.
<ZombieRaptor> "Are there any high points in town?"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt is extremely vigilant. This does not bode well whatsoever in his book.
<ZombieRaptor> "I wish to survey it."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt wonderd the same question as Luvi
<Riemann> As Claude passes the entrance to the square, three cracks shatter the cold wintry air, ignored by the populace. Claude, however, winces
<ihp> Susan just digs in her purse, cursing the fact that she never learned German.
<TeslaTornado> "The Germans would have them all guarded."
<Riemann> "The highest point is there," He motions dejectedly to a well kept building proudly waving the German flag
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt's hand hovers over his concealed pistol before he becomes more casual again.
<Riemann> Feel free to roll perc for the cracks
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 wouldn't Luvi know they're gunshots?
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: wouldn't Luvi know they're gunshots?: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+5 Matt as well
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Matt as well: 5 (4df+5=0, +, 0, -)
<Sax> 4df+5 Cracks?
<Glacon> Sax: Cracks?: 4 (4df+5=0, +, -, -)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 Serge sighs at the cracks.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Serge sighs at the cracks.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
<ihp> Susan looks at Serge. "…you know what's going on, I assume?"
<ZombieRaptor> "I was a German soldier… Is there anything I can do for you involving the occupies?"
<ihp> 4df+3 Susan's ears perk at the sound of the cracks.
<Glacon> ihp: Susan's ears perk at the sound of the cracks.: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
<Riemann> The cracks fade as they bounce around the square, and everyone except for Susan can hear three soft, wet thumps
<Sax> ~Execution?~
<Riemann> The sound of a nice steak being placed on the counter, in a nicer world
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt sighs slowly.
<TeslaTornado> Serge turns his head away from the source of the sound and keeps following Claude.
<Riemann> Or the sound of three former people being overcome by the weight of the lead in their brains

  • GraemeCracker has quit (Quit: CGI:IRC)
  • GraemeCracker (~ten.elbacwahs.mf.8FEFB825-CRInys|criigc#ten.elbacwahs.mf.8FEFB825-CRInys|criigc) has joined #homeimprovement

<Riemann> Claude glares at Luvi "I don't know why you were a soldier for /them/, but you're a French citizen now."
<Riemann> The disgust in his voice is evident
<ZombieRaptor> "I was a citizen… It was my duty as a French soldiers duty was."
<TeslaTornado> "Luvi, shut /up/."
<TeslaTornado> Serge's voice gets colder with every syllable.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi glares at Serge.
<Riemann> Claude stops suddenly. "Do you know when my family last ate?"
<TeslaTornado> He's bordering on Kevin levels of emotional detachment.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt damn near facepalms.
<ihp> Susan takes out her pen and uncaps it. "Mr. Harkess, do I have to give you /treatment/ for your mental condition again? I have the prescription right here."
<Riemann> Claude is now looking at Luvi, disgust playing around his face
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt steps between Susan and Luvi.
<ZombieRaptor> "Susan, if you attack me you will regret it."
<ShotgunFiendM> He glowers at Susan.
<ZombieRaptor> "Stop threatening me Susan.."
<Sax> To Claude: "What is your exact plan?"
<ZombieRaptor> "I am not your enemy Claude, nor am I a reason for your plight, I am here to help you."
<TeslaTornado> Serge whispers with a heretofore-unheard ferocity. "Both of you. Shut up, stop posturing at each-other. You are making a scene, and if you continue to do so I will kill both of you where you stand, so help me /God/ I will."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks a serge
<ZombieRaptor> It's a look that's 'god help me I will kill everything in sight.'
<TeslaTornado> «Claude, keep going. We will debate my friend's mental stability once all of us are safe and away from town.»
<Sax> Jon is ignoring them, instead trying to formulate a sabotage plan that may help them escape.
<Riemann> Claude spits on the ground, then returns his attentions to Jon "We need you to enter the office, there, and find their shipment schedules."
<Sax> "Alright."
<Riemann> "After that, I can help you get out of here, to the best of my ability."
<Sax> "Thank you for your assistance."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt's hand curls into a fist. Why can't these idiots just do /one/ thing right?
<ihp> Susan looks at Claude. "Um…" She looks at Luvi. "How do you say "I need shipment schedules" in German? I'm a better liar than any of you."
<Riemann> "No, no, thank you." Claude has tears in his eyes
<Sax> Jon smiles, and places a hand on Claude's shoulder.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi tells her. [I need the shipment schedules.]
<TeslaTornado> Serge wraps Claude up in a big bear hug.
<ihp> Susan asks for another few phrases in German, such as [My name is] and [It is urgent, orders from the commander.]
<Riemann> Claude allows himself a moment of weakness, for Jon and Serge, before stepping back
<ihp> Also [I outrank you.]
<TeslaTornado> … And in a voice lower than anyone can hear but him and Claude: «You need to leave town, as soon as we are done. Please leave.»
<ihp> Just in case.
<ZombieRaptor> He tells her.
<Riemann> "Now, you should all stick together. I don't trust them."
<Riemann> Claude steps back, looks at them, hope shining in his eyes. Against the gray backdrop, they are a brilliant blue
<ihp> Susan then looks at Claude. "Is there any way I could get an insignia of some kind with that on it?" She points up at the flag, a secondary idea forming in her head.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi's eyes stay a murky hazel.
<Riemann> Claude shakes his head at Susan, "I'm afraid not. Here in Bordeaux, they are not handed out."
<Riemann> "Now, I wish you all Godspeed, but I must resume my patrol."
<TeslaTornado> Serge grabs Claude's shoulder and looks him in the eye. «Remember my advice, Claude.»
<Riemann> Claude begins to march away, but can be seen looking back at the group, one last time
<TeslaTornado> (inb4 Claude walks away)
<ihp> Susan frowns. "Blast. That makes things a fair bit more difficult. I can manage, I suppose." She looks at everyone else. "If I tap in the window of the office three times in succession, do whatever you can to tear down the flag." Susan starts for the office.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt just looks at him. He still has his rifle.
<ZombieRaptor> "That will get us shot."
<Riemann> Matt is probably safer without it
<ihp> Susan frowns. "Then create a distraction somehow!"
<ShotgunFiendM> But he /wants/ it.
<Riemann> Nazis don't take kindly to people marching into their offices with weapons

  • Optimal (ten.enoeciohc.cor.5C92E1C4-CRInys|nhoJ#ten.enoeciohc.cor.5C92E1C4-CRInys|nhoJ) has left #homeimprovement (May your life take you to brilliant heights of excitement.)

<ihp> "Luvi, come in and say that there's a riot or something if I give the signal."
<ZombieRaptor> "No."
<ihp> "…no?"
<ZombieRaptor> "You will be shot, and everyone else."
<Sax> "… there must be a better way…"
<ShotgunFiendM> You're damn right they don't! Matt didn't like them twelve years ago and he doesn't like them now.
<ZombieRaptor> "You can't walk up and take it."
<TeslaTornado> "Monsieur Harkess. How good is your Gestapo impression?"
<ZombieRaptor> "I don't know… I however speak the best German here.. Obviously."
<TeslaTornado> Serge, in fluent German: «I will be the judge of that, Luvi.»
<ihp> "That's why I said create some kind of distraction. I didn't say it /had/ to be tearing down the flag." She blinks at Serge. "…impressive."
<ZombieRaptor> [I am a natural born German you fool.]
<TeslaTornado> «I lived on the border between your country and ours my entire life. I can speak it just as well as you can.»
<ShotgunFiendM> "/Enough/ you two."
<ihp> "Regardless, I do suppose a woman asking for official documents would be suspicious. Now if we could stop this penis-measuring competition… both of you go in."
<Sax> Jon looks to Matt. God help us.
<ShotgunFiendM> "Yes. Both of you. Cover eachother, I can back you up from out here."
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at Luvi. «We have the best chance.»
<ZombieRaptor> [Whats the plan then]
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt looks at Jon with a face that says 'I'm surrounded by idiots'
<Sax> Jon knows that face, and nods sagely.
<ZombieRaptor> (Is Matt even contributing? :p )
<Riemann> If by contributing, you mean not telling people he's a German soldier, then yes
<TeslaTornado> «We need new identification, perhaps? That would get us into the clerk's offices»
<ShotgunFiendM> (No, but neither is he pointlessly bickering. And he did know to look in the back yard.
<ihp> Susan looks at the two of them. "…what do you need?"
<Riemann> As the group talks in the square, the wheels of the Nazi machine turn
<ZombieRaptor> Nazi machine?
<TeslaTornado> (The war machine)
<Riemann> Metaphoer
<Riemann> Metaphor*
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt is all too well aware of the fact that they're wasting time.
<TeslaTornado> Serge gestures to Luvi. «Come on.»
<Riemann> An officer stamps a paper somewhere, and thousands more die
<TeslaTornado> He gestures to Susan as well. Just in case.
<Riemann> It's true what they say about the banality of evil
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi follows, he walks upright, authoritatively.
<ihp> Susan follows after them.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt is left with Jon. He looks for a good place to stay out of sight
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+8 lookiiing
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: lookiiing: 7 (4df+8=+, -, -, 0)
<Sax> 4df+5 Also looking
<Glacon> Sax: Also looking: 3 (4df+5=-, -, 0, 0)
<ZombieRaptor> [Susan should stay back shouldn't she? We had no women officers]
<Riemann> Matt and Jon see a street leading off from the square. It curves, and provides a good place to hide
<Riemann> It's also close to the building, just in case
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi says to Serge.
<TeslaTornado> «Fair enough.»
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt motions Jon over. It's a good place to be.
<Sax> Jon follows.
<TeslaTornado> "Susan, remain here. If we need help, we will let you know somehow."
<ZombieRaptor> "Susan stay back, we had no women in positions of authority."
<ShotgunFiendM> He walks to the side street.
<Riemann> Female secretaries weren't uncommon
<ZombieRaptor> But not high ranking.
<TeslaTornado> «I could bluff her in as my girlfriend or wife.»
<ZombieRaptor> [Sure.]
<ihp> ~When I get back to base, I'm taking a German correspondence course…~
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt leans back against a wall, trying to look inconspicuous.
<Riemann> The offices of the regime are warm and bustling, people with papers moving around in the background
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 Serge looks around for a place that would have timetables for supply shipments
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Serge looks around for a place that would have timetables for supply shipments: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 Luvi keeps a watch out for any suspicion coming their way.
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Luvi keeps a watch out for any suspicion coming their way.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
<Riemann> Serge realises that the important papers wouldn't be handled here. They need to go further in
<Riemann> Luvi, you don't see anyone suspicious. But people look funny in the corner of your eye.
<TeslaTornado> Serge tilts his head towards Luvi and Susan, indicating they need to keep moving towards the back.
<Riemann> You can't place it, but there's something different
<ihp> Susan heads back some more…
<Riemann> Until the group is stopped by an angry looking man
<Riemann> [What do you think you're doing?!] He asks in German
<ihp> ~Bollocks~
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt taps his foot on the ground. "I don't like this…" he mutters.
<TeslaTornado> In German: «Pardon me, sir, my wife here needs to have her ID renewed.»
<TeslaTornado> «Could you direct me towards the relevant office?»
<Riemann> A small child notices Matt, and attempts to scamper towards him
<Sax> "Neither do I."
<Riemann> Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have enough energy to scamper, and the result is almost heartbreaking
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt looks at the child. He frowns.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 (Vive la Revolution! in lieu of bluff)
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Vive la Revolution! in lieu of bluff): 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
<Riemann> She looks back at him. Her dirty hair falls around her face, smudges darkening her features
<Riemann> She's wearing tattered clothing, and looks at Matt and Jon balefully
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi sneakily pulls out an iron cross, (cause he killed a lot of people to get it) a medal he was never proud of, and pins if to his uniform.
<Riemann> Luvi, the man is right in front of you
<ZombieRaptor> He stands tall behind Serge.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt reaches into a pocket. He still has a bagel wrapped up in a napkin from breakfast. He kneels down and hands it to the girl.
<Riemann> 4df+3 No. Nazis.
<Glacon> Riemann: No. Nazis.: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
<ZombieRaptor> He puts it on anyways. Are they inside?
<Riemann> [Oh really? What does she have to say about this?]
<ihp> ~Oh shit.~
<TeslaTornado> «She can't speak German, so I am not sure. She is from north of here.»
<ZombieRaptor> [She is suffering from an infection of the larynx, she cannot talk. I apologize.]
<Riemann> The little girl looks at the bagel, then at Matt. She can hardly believe- No, she can't believe it
<TeslaTornado> (REDACT)
<Riemann> Nope
<Riemann> Trust me
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt smiles. It's a sincere gesture. "Go on, take it." The sound of an American voice
<ShotgunFiendM> It's extremely reassuring.
<Sax> Jon also smiles at her.
<Riemann> [Slow down your French.] The man says to Serge, then to Luvi [And who are you?]
<Riemann> Because it's been established that «words» is French
<Riemann> The girl hesitantly takes it, then runs, worried that they'll rescind their offer
<Sax> "Poor kids, caught in an occupation"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt frowns slightly, then stands back up. "It's awful seeing people like that."
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at Luvi.
<ZombieRaptor> [I am an escort for this man. You can never be too safe with the resistance in the area.] Ich bin Onterroffizier Anwärter. (NCO)
<ZombieRaptor> Harkess*
<ZombieRaptor> After the Anwärter
<Sax> "Especially children."
<Riemann> I'm going to let you roll Wehrmacht Sniper in place of bluff
<Sax> "Maybe her parents were the ones dropped earlier."
<ZombieRaptor> Add it to bluff skill?
<ShotgunFiendM> MAtt nods in agreement.
<Riemann> Add 2 to bluff
<ShotgunFiendM> He frowns. "It would be terrible, but… it's possible."
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+5
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
<Riemann> 4df+ 3
<Riemann> 4df+3
<Glacon> Riemann: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
<Riemann> The man nods. [The offices you're looking for are over there] He motions
<Riemann> He leaves Luvi, Serge, and Susan
<ihp> Susan looks at them, and gets out a notepad, writing, in English, /Now what?/
<ZombieRaptor> "We continue."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt goes back to leaning on the wall.
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods at Luvi. He goes.
<ShotgunFiendM> "I almost wish I had been able to keep my rifle."
<Riemann> The three are unattended in the offices
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi follows.
<Sax> "That may have been a help, provided we remain in cover."
<Riemann> The doors are helpfully labeled in German
<TeslaTornado> Serge checks the labels of each door individually.
<Riemann> Chatter envelops the three as they search
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt nods. "Too bad the best vantage point was pretty much a German monolith."
<Riemann> Roll Percep
<ihp> 4df+3 Glacon's gonna kill me.
<Glacon> ihp: Glacon's gonna kill me.: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, 0)
<Riemann> Luvi and Serge can distinctly hear the words "Serge Maillard"
<TeslaTornado> Serge freezes again.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi frowns.
<Sax> To Matt: "I wonder how they are doing…"
<Riemann> It originates behind an important looking door, not labeled
<TeslaTornado> He reads the office labels again, almost painfully slowly. Like, finger-on-the-letters slowly.
<TeslaTornado> (redact)
<ShotgunFiendM> "I wonder too… But we haven't heard gunfire so it can't be going too poorly.
<TeslaTornado> Serge goes to the important, unlabeled door.
<ShotgunFiendM> "*
<Riemann> Matt and Jon, the sound of footsteps approach you
<ihp> Susan frowns, following them.
<Riemann> These are not a child's footsteps
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt shuts up. He looks towards wherr the sound is coming from.
<Riemann> (I'll be back in a moment)
<Sax> Jon places his left hand on his holster.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt nudges Jon with an elbow. Don't be so obvious!
<Sax> He shifts to his pockets.

  • Daedalus (~moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj#moc.rr.ser.lacos.8FDB40BE-CRInys|enahtanoj) has joined #homeimprovement

<ZombieRaptor> Riemann?
<Riemann> A man with a swastika band on his arm stops in front of Matt and Jon
<ShotgunFiendM> ~Shit.~ Matt looks down at the ground, saying nothing.
<Riemann> Serge et al can hear German conversation, but nothing distinct
<Sax> Jon is simply slack against the wall.
<TeslaTornado> Serge listens harder.
<ZombieRaptor> Is Matt within earshot of Luvi?
<ihp> Susan… doesn't even bother listening. She can't understand a god-damn word of German. and she's Ex-CIA! ~Disgraceful.~
<Riemann> Serge can begin to make out certain words, such as supply, Resistance, and train
<Riemann> Matt is not
<ShotgunFiendM> They're way the fuck outside.
<ZombieRaptor> Switch that
<Riemann> The man in front of Matt and Jon has shiny shoes, Matt can note
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt and Jon are outside in what's basicslly an alley.
<TeslaTornado> Serge listens closer, looks over at Susan. "Check the offices. Luvi, try to help her."
<Riemann> "Heil!" he shouts, expecting Matt and Jon to do the same
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi walks with Susan.
<ihp> Susan sighs, and writes down, /I should just go outside. I don't understand any of this./
<Sax> ~Shit… what do?~
<Riemann> Luvi and Susan find the office labeled "shipments" fairly easily
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt looks up. The urge to shoot him is strong… he almost can't bring himself to do it, but…. "Heil!"
<ZombieRaptor> "In here."
<Sax> "Heil!" Jon follows Matt in close succession.
<Riemann> mdef, Matt
<ihp> Susan nods, and enters the shipments office as discreetly as she can.
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+4 Matt is still the Mdef champion!
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Matt is still the Mdef champion!: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
<TeslaTornado> Serge listens at the door.
<Riemann> Matt, you manage not to jump at the sight of the Nazi
<Riemann> He has no eyes
<Riemann> Where they would be, there are instead bottomless black pits, covering more of his face than any eyes have the right to
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 Gotta hear more
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Gotta hear more: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi enters the shipments office.
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt keeps a firm, but not agressive face. He will not show more weakness.
<Riemann> Serge hears nothing, but senses that someone is almost waiting for him
<TeslaTornado> Does it want him to go into the office?
<Riemann> It seems to
<Riemann> Matt, the black eyed Nazi nods at you after the salute, then moves on
<TeslaTornado> 4df+8 (Sneak + Vive la revolution!) Serge goes into the office as stealthily as he can.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Sneak + Vive la revolution!) Serge goes into the office as stealthily as he can.: 5 (4df+8=-, 0, -, -)
<Riemann> Luvi and Susan are in the shipments office, and should roll percep to find them
<ihp> 4df+3 it's going to be a 1. I'm calling it right now. 1 or negative one.
<Glacon> ihp: it's going to be a 1. I'm calling it right now. 1 or negative one.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, +, -)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt exhales slowly once the Nazi leaves.
<Riemann> Jon has noticed nothing unusual about the Nazi
<Sax> To Matt: "You alright?"
<Riemann> Tough luck, Serge. A man in a Nazi uniform stares directly at you, his eyes blacker than the darkest nights on the front
<ShotgunFiendM> "Just… That was close is all."
<Riemann> Susan, against all luck, finds the papers
<Sax> "Hang in there, Matt… they're almost done…"
<TeslaTornado> Serge immediately swings the door shut behind him and stares at the man with the black eyes.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi stands at the door.
<TeslaTornado> [What do you want.]
<ihp> Susan grins at Luvi, and hides them under her coat.
<ZombieRaptor> He nods outside. 'Lets go'
<Riemann> A glasgow smile spreads across his face at the sight of Serge.
<Riemann> "Good evening, Mr. Maillard."
<ShotgunFiendM> "I'll be fine." That really brought a new meaning to 'don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes.'
<TeslaTornado> Serge struggles to keep his voice level. [What. Do you want.]
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads to where serge was, he tries the door.
<ihp> Susan keeps the papers concealed as she looks around for Serge.
<ZombieRaptor> [Lets go!]
<Riemann> Serge is nowhere to be found
<Riemann> "Nothing at all. In fact, I was just talking about you, Serge."
<ihp> Susan frowns, and heads over to the unmarked door. That's where she last saw Serge..
<ZombieRaptor> ^
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi is trying the handle.
<Riemann> It is not locked
<TeslaTornado> [And what did you do?]
<TeslaTornado> *talk about
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi opens it. [Serge?]
<ihp> Susan sticks her hand in her purse, pen in one hand, trench knife in the other.
<TeslaTornado> Serge doesn't register anyone else. Just Mister Glasgow.
<Sax> "Should we go check up on them?"
<Riemann> Luvi and Susan see a man in a Nazi officer uniform, sitting at a desk. He has no eyes, but rather large black pits that engulf his face
<ShotgunFiendM> "No. We can't risk blowing their cover." Matt looks likr he wants to, but knows it's a bad idea.
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at him. Iron Cross on his chest still.
<ihp> 4df+3 I'm going to assume that's an Mdef situation.
<Glacon> ihp: I'm going to assume that's an Mdef situation.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
<Riemann> YEs
<Sax> "Understood."
<Riemann> Yes*
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
<Riemann> 4df+4
<Glacon> Riemann: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
<Riemann> Susan, this is not ok
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
<Riemann> Serge, you're already freaking out
<TeslaTornado> (Figured)
<Riemann> Luvi, this is odd, but not terrifying
<ZombieRaptor> "Who are you?" Luvi says in an authoritative voice.
<Riemann> "Ah, welcome, Luvi and Susan."
<Riemann> He ignores Luvi's voice
<ihp> "…oh, good. You speak English." Susan frowns. "Where's Serge?"
<ZombieRaptor> Serge is there…
<Riemann> "I was discussing train shipments with a colleague, Serge."
<TeslaTornado> Serge is standing right there in front of you.
<Riemann> "I'm sure you're familiar with them."
<ZombieRaptor> "Have you ever been on a first class train?"
<TeslaTornado> [I know.]
<Riemann> (Who is Luvi talking to?)
<TeslaTornado> [And I am going to make sure you die for talking about it.]
<ZombieRaptor> Nazi
<TeslaTornado> [/Painfully/.]
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi inconspicuously edges forward. Roll stealth?
<TeslaTornado> Serge pulls a knife from his pocket and just straight up stabs a bitch in the gut.
<Riemann> Well, no need to roll stealth, Luvi
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi punches the man in the neck. Double teaming.
<Riemann> Black liquid begins to flow from the knife wound, and the officer looks up and Serge
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+9 melee
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: melee: 8 (4df+9=0, -, +, -)
<Riemann> He's been stabbed
<ihp> Susan decides a second knife in the gut would be overkill.
<ZombieRaptor> And now punched
<Riemann> mdef, everyone
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 oh god
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: oh god: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, -)
<ihp> 4df+3 It's going to be a critfail
<Glacon> ihp: It's going to be a critfail: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
<Riemann> ShotgunFiendM, Sax?
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+4 sorry typing ooc
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: sorry typing ooc: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
<Sax> 4df+3 Oh fuck
<Glacon> Sax: Oh fuck: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
<TeslaTornado> Serge just keeps stabbing the whole time bad shit starts to happen
<Riemann> Serge, you hear the man speak in your head, devoid of emotion "Alexylva"
<Riemann> Everyone else
<Riemann> As the blood flows down the body of the man, the world itself becomes liquid
<Riemann> The walls begin to run, colours mixing, combining
<Sax> "…"
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt gets his ass off the wall.
<Sax> Jon is already standing…
<Riemann> Even the sky and the air itself begins to run
<TeslaTornado> Stab. Stab. Stab. /Twist/. Stab. Stab. Twist. Stab.
<Riemann> Eventually, the last drops fall, and you are all standing in front of the sundial
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi grabs Serge. [Stop!]
<Riemann> Except for Matt and Jon, who are a distance aways
<TeslaTornado> Serge is stabbing open air in front of the sundial.

  • Atcero (ten.tsewq.ogrf.6A08916A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsewq.ogrf.6A08916A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #homeimprovement

<ShotgunFiendM> Huehuehue.
<Riemann> Percep, sundial people
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
<ihp> 4df+3
<Glacon> ihp: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
<ZombieRaptor> (Yay ihp)
<Sax> 4df+8 Memory Trap
<Glacon> Sax: Memory Trap: 7 (4df+8=+, 0, -, -)
<Riemann> Susan, you notice a ring on the ground. It's made of gold, and you remember that the man was wearing it
<ihp> Susan takes up the ring and inspects it.
<TeslaTornado> (Sax, you're still in the memory right now)
<Riemann> Sax is not
<Riemann> No one is anymore
<TeslaTornado> (Oh)
<Riemann> The ring has nothing inscribed on it
<Riemann> As Susan moves, she notices the shuffle of papers in her coat
<ihp> Susan blinks, taking the papers out. ~What on Earth…~
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt just kind of stands by the jeep like 'uhn yeah that just happened… can we go home' look on his face.
<Riemann> They are the papers she picked up from the offices
<TeslaTornado> Serge eventually just drops his knife.
<Sax> Jon shakes his head.
<TeslaTornado> He doesn't even bother picking it up. He just stands there staring.
<Riemann> The sundial sits on a pedestal, moonlight gently resting upon it
<Sax> "That was one hell of a travel."
<ZombieRaptor> Can we pick it up?
<ihp> "…okay. So. Not a Hallucination." Susan stares. "…did we just travel back in time?"
<Riemann> The sundial is inert
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi tries lifting it!
<Riemann> It lifts!

  • You are now known as ProcyonLotor

<ShotgunFiendM> "… Yeah."
<ZombieRaptor> He walks to the jeeps, setting it in one.
<Riemann> Luvi can feel words on the bottom as he lifts
<ZombieRaptor> What are they?
<ZombieRaptor> Nvm
<Riemann> He'd have to turn it over
<ZombieRaptor> He looks at them as he lays it on its side as he puts it on the jeep.
<Riemann> Robert is waiting by the jeeps, which are running and ready to go
<Riemann> The words read: "ALEXYLVA UNIVERSITY HISTORY DEPT"
<ZombieRaptor> "Huh."
<ihp> Susan walks over to the jeeps, holding on to the ring and papers, looking stunned. "…it's not a hallucination. It's a time machine. A bloody. /Fucking/. Time Machine!"
<ZombieRaptor> Robert can now see the iron cross on Luvi's uniform. I dare him to have prejudice :p
<ZombieRaptor> Coat*
<TeslaTornado> Serge eventually stops staring into the sunset, picks up his knife and walks to the jeep. He holds his hand out to Susan for the papers and the ring.
<Riemann> Serge, if he heard those words, would disagree. Nothing they did changed what happened to him
<ihp> Susan blinks at Serge. "…why do you want these? They're inert."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt climbs in the jeep. Does he have his rifle back? (Please say no)
<Riemann> It's also nighttime, Serge
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi needs his stuff back.
<ZombieRaptor> (Crossbow..(
<Sax> To Matt: "We should secure a means of transporting the entire setup, if possible."
<TeslaTornado> Serge just stands there with his hand out.
<Riemann> Matt is without his rifle, as is Luvi. If they searched, they might find it
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks around..
<ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt groans.
<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
<ihp> "…I would like an explanation as to why, first. Seeing as I do not speak a fucking word of german."
<ShotgunFiendM> He stands up.
<Riemann> Luvi sees nothing
<ZombieRaptor> "Calm down Susan."
<ShotgunFiendM> 4df+8 Perception god
<Glacon> ShotgunFiendM: Perception god: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, -, 0)
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi does a long slow search…
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks grimly at her.
<Riemann> Matt finds things, though!
<TeslaTornado> He starts to recite the contents of the paper to her. He's not looking at the paper, though—direct eye contact.
<Riemann> Matt spies a glint in the distance, and finds all the weapons
<ShotgunFiendM> "Luvi!" Matt goes to them and waves him over.
<Riemann> Unfortunately, they are rusted and unkept, as if a decade had passed without them being attended
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi grabs his weapon. "Thanks.."
<ihp> Susan stares. "…oh." She looks up at him. "You… were part of the resistance. You were there when… when the supply line was disrupted?" (Roll academics to see if she knows anything about that particular day?)
<ZombieRaptor> What about his poison bolts?
<ShotgunFiendM> "No problem." Matt takes his own.
<ShotgunFiendM> He heads back to the jeeps.
<TeslaTornado> "I was not just there. I led them."

  • Atcero (ten.tsewq.ogrf.6A08916A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsewq.ogrf.6A08916A-CRInys|tibbiM) has left #homeimprovement

<Riemann> Not broken, but it's going to be annoying to clean. The poison bolts are still poisonous
<TeslaTornado> "And the supply line was never disrupted."
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi sets them in his pouch.
<ShotgunFiendM> ?
<ShotgunFiendM> Oops.
<ZombieRaptor> He walks back to the jeep, sundial in back. "Let's get moving!"
<Sax> "Let's get out of here."
<ShotgunFiendM> Matt reclaims his seat.
<ihp> "…oh." Susan sighs, handing over the documents. "Nazis knew about the… attack?" Susan just assumes it was an attack.
<ShotgunFiendM> And does whatever else needs to be done because his player is out!
<TeslaTornado> Serge pauses, still looking at Susan. "It wasn't an attack. It was an ambush." He goes to get his weapons and his satchel, slips the ring over his pinky and puts the documents into his pocket.
<TeslaTornado> Then he sits in the jeep.
<ihp> "…your ring?"
<ZombieRaptor> Luvi drives once everyone's in.

  • ShotgunFiendM has quit

<Riemann> When everyone sits down, the jeeps rumble to life, and drive away
<TeslaTornado> "No. Claude's."
<ihp> "…oh." Susan suddenly looks mournful, and just returns to the cars, not sure of what else to say.
<Riemann> You may return to #origins-ic now

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License