Escalation

<Balthazaar> The sound of heavy machinery firing up fills the commons
<DrSavage> "…"
<Balthazaar> It sounds poorly maintained
<Balthazaar> Grinding and scraping away
<DrSavage> "…"
<Balthazaar> PERCEPTION
<DrSavage> 4df+8
<Glacon> DrSavage: 9 (4df+8=3+, 0, 3+, 4-)
<Balthazaar> You hear /very/ heavy footsteps. Getting closer
<Balthazaar> Also, it's getting colder and you can smell blood
<DrSavage> "…Hmmm." He stands up, tentacles emerging.
<Balthazaar> The lights flicker a lot, becoming quite dim
<Balthazaar> Holy crap is it cold. You can see your breath
<Balthazaar> A very large figre lumbers into the doorway
<Balthazaar> It's hidden by the shadows of the lighting, but appears overbearingly strong, holding an enormous sickle in each hand and with chains dragging along the ground behind it. It's nearly 8 ft tall
<DrSavage> "Death, I'd presume?"
<Balthazaar> It twitches its head at Randall spasmodically. It looks like someone pulled some tight flesh over its face. You can see the mouth moving underneath the flesh. It lumbers towards Randall
<DrSavage> Randall steps back. "BACK OFF."
<Balthazaar> It's pace quickens. The room is icy cold. Frost is building up on all the glass and concrete and metal
<DrSavage> 4df+7 Intimidate "I SAID BACK OFF, NOT MY TIME!"
<Glacon> DrSavage: Intimidate "I SAID BACK OFF, NOT MY TIME!": 7 (4df+7=4-, 3+, 0, 0)
<Balthazaar> It sort of stops in its tracks.
<DrSavage> "That's right. I've spoken to Death before. We have an arrangement. Back down, or face my fury."
<Balthazaar> It lets out a long, pained sounding groan
<Balthazaar> Then lashes out with a sickle
<Balthazaar> 4df+10
<Glacon> Balthazaar: 10 (4df+10=3+, 0, 0, 4-)
<DrSavage> 4df+7 Not winning this fight!
<Glacon> DrSavage: Not winning this fight!: 10 (4df+7=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
<DrSavage> Oh wow
<Balthazaar> The sickle swings in a lethal arc, but a poorly aimed one. It tears tthrough Randalls clothes with the tip scratching along his belly. About the equivalent of a cat scratch.
<DrSavage> 4df+7 Intimidate Randall just bellows in rage.
<Glacon> DrSavage: Intimidate Randall just bellows in rage.: 7 (4df+7=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
<Balthazaar> This thing doesn't have the brains to be intimidated. It swings again
<Balthazaar> 4df+10
<Glacon> Balthazaar: 9 (4df+10=4-, 0, 4-, 3+)
<DrSavage> 4df+7 Not winning this fight either
<Glacon> DrSavage: Not winning this fight either: 4 (4df+7=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
<Balthazaar> This slash cuts deep into your shoulder, Randall and rakes down your chest, effectively splitting him open. It hurts a /lot/
<DrSavage> "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
<Balthazaar> It looks over Randall, then steps over him. Heading to the corner of the commons
<DrSavage> "Leave them alone…they're….my family…"
<Balthazaar> There's a shriek as it reaches down and picks up a little girl, hiding behind a chair. Randall might recognize her as the daughter of that redheaded agent from the other day.
<DrSavage> "N-NOOOOOOOO!" Randall crawls savagely forward and stabs at it with his tentacles. "STOP!"
<Balthazaar> Roll melee to get it with the tentacles!
<DrSavage> Tentacle aspect applicable?
<DrSavage> 4df+3 "LET HER GOOOOOOOOOO!"
<Glacon> DrSavage: "LET HER GOOOOOOOOOO!": 2 (4df+3=0, 4-, 0, 0)
<Balthazaar> Not so much. drugs don't work on dead flesh so well.
<Balthazaar> The tentacles fall short of the thing, but do manage to wrap around the girls wrist
<DrSavage> "LEAVE HER ALONE!" Randall tries to pull her free.
<Balthazaar> Strength+ tentacles!
<DrSavage> 4df+6 "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"
<Glacon> DrSavage: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!": 3 (4df+6=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
<Balthazaar> Randall, you fail to wrench the girl from the monsters grasp
<DrSavage> Randall begins crying, trying to hold her back from the monster. "Please…let her go…"
<Balthazaar> The monster stands still holding the girl, it's head pointed at Randall… It seems you have its attention
<DrSavage> "Don't take her…she's just a girl…please…what did she do wrong?" He sobs.
<Balthazaar> The monster stands stock still for a bit, holding the girl by the ankle. Then it drops her and starts on its way out
<Balthazaar> The girl immediately cries out and goes to hug Randall
<DrSavage> "Wait..what…what's?" Randall holds her gently.
<Balthazaar> The little girl is absolutely bawling, scared out of her mind
<DrSavage> Randall holds her gently. "Shhhh…"
<Balthazaar> The thing lumbers out of the room. It grows warmer as it leaves
<DrSavage> "Thank you…thank you…"
<Balthazaar> The little girl sobs and sobs
<Balthazaar> The wound on Randall bleeds a fair bit, but doesn't look like it'll be fatal
<DrSavage> "Where's your mom?"
<Balthazaar> "I-I-In bed…"
<DrSavage> He begins carrying her.
<Balthazaar> There is a door labelled "Sutherland."
<DrSavage> Randal knocks on it.
<Balthazaar> After a bit, Agent Sutherland opens the door with a dressing gown around her. "Agent Clymer? What're you- Lucy!?"
<DrSavage> Randall looks woozy. "Death…tried to take her…stopped him…won't let them take anyone…"
<Balthazaar> Sutherland takes her daughter. "Thank you… Thank you so much!"
<DrSavage> "Secure, Contain, Protect…" Randall slumps on the wall a bit.
<Balthazaar> "Shit… Lucy, stay here!" She closes the door with Lucy in the room. "We need to get you to medical, come on!"
<DrSavage> "No…no…keep her safe…I'll be okay."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License