Disneyland Part Deux

<ihp> Jacob reports to the front of the site.
<TeslaTornado> Serge arrives shortly thereafter.
<Daedalus> Hermann follows behind.
<Bunton> Pauline arrives in time with Hermann!
<lurkd> (waiting for Vol)

  • Vol (~ten.labolgcbs.xttsua.deepsthgil.7D4E7CE6-CRInys|taemtaC#ten.labolgcbs.xttsua.deepsthgil.7D4E7CE6-CRInys|taemtaC) has joined

<lurkd> There's a well dressed man in black as well as a security guard. "This everyone?"
<Bunton> Pauline scratches the back of her neck at him.
<Bunton> "Yeah?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge glances around. "I think so."
<Vol> Quinna circumspects the room and shrugs.
<lurkd> "Alright follow me out." He starts walking.
<ihp> Jacob looks at the well-dressed man in a weird way.
<lurkd> "I've already cleared details with your Administrator."
<ihp> Jacob frowns, and follows them out. Frooooown. "What's going on?"
<Daedalus> Hermann follows and listens quietly.
<Bunton> Pauline follows, cautiously.
<Bunton> "Yeah, what /is/ going on?"
<Vol> Quinna trails behind, eyes darting around the other agents.
<ihp> Froooooooown.
<lurkd> The man leads to 4 large black sedans. Each with a chauffer. "Dr. Wexely, correct?"
<lurkd> "I will ask that you refrain from discussing the previous mission till we arrive."
<Bunton> "Are we all taking a different Sedan?"
<Daedalus> "Where exactly are we heading?"
<Bunton> She glances at Jacob.
<ihp> Jacob blinks. "…oh. So this /is/ about that."
<TeslaTornado> Serge also glances at Jacob, but the glance is quickly retracted when he sees the cars. A spark of hope enters his eyes.
<ihp> "Also, it's Wexley."
<ihp> "Not Wexely."
<lurkd> "Alright, pile in whichever car you like. I was expecting more, honestly." He gets in the first car.
<Bunton> Pauline watches Jacob.
<ihp> Jacob piles into a car. "…son of a bitch."
<Bunton> She glances at Serge.
<lurkd> "Hurry hurry, we can't keep him waiting. Plane takes off in thirty minutes."
<Bunton> Pauline shrugs and gets in a car.
<Daedalus> Hermann boards the last car.
<TeslaTornado> Serge folds himself into one of the cars.
<Vol> Quinna walks over to the sedan that Jacob entered, inspects it thoroughly and gets in. She finds a seat and puts on her seatbelt. "Can't be that bad, Jacob."
<lurkd> Seats be comfy. Very high end luxury.
<lurkd> (pause)
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "It's a long story involving a certain Foundation benefactor."
<Bunton> PAWS
<lurkd> The cars take you to an unfamiliar airfield where a luxury prop plane waits with it's engines on idle. The man steps out. "Alright, it's a decent flight, so let's all get aboard before the in flight meal gets cold."
<lurkd> (unpause)
<TeslaTornado> Serge's eyes bulge at the sight of an airplane. ~My mortal enemy…~
<ihp> Jacob frowns, getting on the plane.
<TeslaTornado> He crosses himself, closes his eyes, and sprints onto the airplane.
<Bunton> Pauline gets on!
<Daedalus> Hermann grins internally and boards the plane.
<lurkd> The man ushers people in and talks with the pilot on the ground. "Tell him we're on our way now." Pilot nods.
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks over at Pauline. "The last time I was on a plane, it went very fast and landed in Antarctica."
<TeslaTornado> "I almost died."
<Bunton> "Oh."
<TeslaTornado> "Oui."
<ihp> Jacob sighs. "…this is going to Anaheim. Not Antarctica."
<TeslaTornado> He purses his lips and buckles himself into the seat. "It is the same to me. Man was not meant to fly."
<lurkd> Big comfy chairs are positioned in spaceful positions around the plane. A perky stewardess is handing out mimosas. "Mimosa anyone!"
<lurkd> :D
<Bunton> "Well, this time should be fine. This is a Boeing 707-138."
<Bunton> (I don't know if it is, I just made that up)
<Vol> Quinna enters the plane and takes a mimosa. "Thank you," she says with her first broad smile in a long time.
<Daedalus> "Is there an in-flight meal, or was that a jest?"
<Vivax> The plane is strikingly dissimilar from the modern plane experience. People are like… friendly and helpful.
<Bunton> Pauline sits down next to Serge.
<TeslaTornado> Serge has the armrests of his seat locked in a White-Knuckle Death Grip. They aren't even off the ground yet and he's having a fit.
<lurkd> The stewardess perks up even higher. "Of course! Your choice of Alaskan salmon or corn-fed sirloin!"
<Bunton> "Uh…"
<ihp> "…I prefer not to drink before a mission," Jacob says to a stewardess. "But I'll have the sirloin."
<Bunton> Pauline sort of awkwardly pats Serge on the hand.
<Bunton> "It'll be okay. Hey, if something goes wrong, who'd be better to have on-board than me?"
<Daedalus> "I'll take the sirloin, thank you. And if you have any scotch, that would be exellent."
<Bunton> She awkwardly chuckles.
<TeslaTornado> Serge doesn't remove his eyes from the back of the seat in front of him. He noticeably calms down when Pauline pats him on the hand. "… Yes. You are right. Thank you, Pauline."
<lurkd> The man piles in and heads for the cockpit before turning around briefly to address them. "Alright, everyone get comfy. Should be long flight to the other side of the country."
<Bunton> Pauline smiles tiredly at him.
<Vol> Quinna makes sure to find an isolated seat. "I'll take a steak as well."
<lurkd> Stewardess takes orders down.
<Bunton> Pauline also asks for a steak.
<Bunton> Come on, chop chop.
<lurkd> (pause again and time jump)
<TeslaTornado> Serge breaks his staring contest with the next row of seats long enough to flash one of his characteristic grins at Pauline before stoically returning to his previous occupation.
<Bunton> (The Doctor Who music plays as the plane flies through a vortex)
<Vivax> There is no in-flight movie.
<Vivax> Aside from one about airplane crashes
<TeslaTornado> Serge's fear of aircraft is cemented for life.
<lurkd> A hop skip and 10 hour flight later, everyone arrives in an airfield in Anahiem California. It's early morning as the sun is coming up and everyone feels the warm SoCal air. Eventually you all are driven up to the steps of an impressive studio with the sign: "Walt Disney Pictures."
<lurkd> (unpause)
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…can I talk about it now?" He asks the man.
<TeslaTornado> Decades from now, a gaggle of young Maillards will adamantly refuse to board an airplane departing from Paris, and their grandfather will look down at them and smile.
<Bunton> Pauline yawns as they arrive.
<lurkd> The man yawns and opens the door. "Walk and talk, Wexley. You're on /his/ time now. It's the big office down the hall."
<TeslaTornado> Serge bails out of the car and kisses the ground. Literally plants his face on the ground and nuzzles it affectionately.
<Bunton> Pauline glares at Jacob and the man. "What /is/ going on?"

<ihp> Jacob nods, getting out of the car and walking. "To make a long story short- Maillard, don't be so undignified- Walt Disney is a benefactor to the Foundation. I did some work for him involving getting rid of golem-" He pronounces it Goh-lem- "That was invading Disneyland."<Bunton> Pauline frowns.
<ihp> "I am not even /remotely/ making that up."
<Bunton> "I see."
<TeslaTornado> "I am not undignified, I am thankful to be alive."
<Vol> Quinna suppresses a simper as she sees the name on the building. She perks up at the word golem. "Clay and magic or flesh and spirits?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge pries himself off the ground and follows.
<ihp> "…lampposts and junk."
<Bunton> "Was it mechanical?"
<Bunton> Pauline walks and talks.
<Daedalus> "Disney? My children were fans. And a golem as well… hmmm. Did it have a symbol on its forhead?"
<ihp> "Something like that…"
<Daedalus> Hermann walks and talks as well.
<lurkd> Everyone hears yelling from down the hall that gets progressively louder. "…RKO wants to renew their contract! Tell them to pound sand! The price of film my asshole!"
<Vol> Quinna sighs. Machines aren't exactly her strong suit, the inner workings of firearms notwithstanding.
<ihp> "…that would be Mister Disney."
<TeslaTornado> "He sounds angry," Serge contributes helpfully.
<ihp> "Don't say anything. And don't ask for autographs."
<lurkd> "Goddamn it, Ralph! How did you even pass the fucking bar?!?! Can't you countersue them or something!?!"
<TeslaTornado> "Why would I want his autograph?" Serge tilts his head, confused.
<TeslaTornado> It's not a statement of rudeness but of genuine ignorance.
<lurkd> The man rushes past the group and stands in front of the door, telling them to stop. "W-wait here for a second, guys."
<Bunton> Pauline shrugs at Serge.
<ihp> Jacob walks up to the door to the office and leans against the wall, waiting.
<Daedalus> Hermann begins smoking his pipe. "His blood pressure must be astounding."
<lurkd> "I WRITE THE CHECKS! I DON'T WAIT AROUND FOR A BUNCH OF HOLLYWOOD KYKES TELLING ME HOW TO RELEASE A GODDAMNED CARTOON!"
<ihp> Jacob /stares/.
<lurkd> The man's face: :S
<lurkd> "Uhhh…."
<lurkd> *ahem*
<Vol> Quinna giggles softly.
<TeslaTornado> Serge begins smoking his own pipe, his mind satisfyingly empty.
Soulless> Elanor is here! :V
<lurkd> Fiat: she was there the whole time and waits with the group in front of Walt Disney's office.
<Soulless> ok
<Vol> (God I love this time period) Quinna extracts a cigar from her pocket and fumbles for a lighter. She glances at Pauline. "Hit me with a light, dear?" she asks around the cigar in her teeth.
<Bunton> Pauline glares at him.
<Soulless> Elanor helpfully lights Quinna's cigar.
<Daedalus> Hermann checks his gun and camera, "I wonder if cartoons are so stressful to make."
<Bunton> She looks angry.
<Bunton> Or at least unpleased.
<Soulless> Normally such things are for candles and burning sage, but in a pinch, burning cigars will do as well. She watches passively.
<Bunton> Oh.
<Bunton> Quinna is a woman, right.
<Bunton> Redact, then.
<lurkd> The man peeks his head in. "Um… sir?" Walt: "Oh for fucks sake! Can you just get them fucking in here?!? Seriously, I have nothing better to do than waiting on daisies blooming. Christ Jimmy, who the hell hired you?!?!"
<lurkd> "Y-yes sir."
<lurkd> He ushers them inside.
<lurkd> A very red Walt Disney stares at all of them while he lights his 30th cigarette of the day.
<ihp> Jacob frowns, walking inside. Note: He looks quite a bit different than when Disney saw him last. Longer fingers, sharper teeth, pointier ears, and yellow eyes.
<lurkd> "Jimmy, is that… you know who here this time?"
<Soulless> Elanor watches him, quiet and curious, open for whatever paranormal stuff may abound.
<lurkd> "You mean a Mr…. Harlan Cohen?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge is ushered. He looks ridiculous, standing at 5'10", tipping the scales at over 200, and dressed in shabby homespun clothing. He blows smoke rings from his pipe.
<lurkd> Walt: "Yes………………..him."
<lurkd> Man: "N-no sir."
<lurkd> Walt: "Good."
<Daedalus> Hermann walks in and sits down if he can.
<Bunton> Pauline stands.
<TeslaTornado> Serge also stands.
<Vol> Quinna grimmaces and puts the cigar back in its case. "Another time then," she mutters to herself as she steps inside and leans against the doorframe.
<Soulless> Elanor remains standing, one hand on her strange necklace/pendant/rune thing.
<ihp> Jacob tries not to gag on the cigarette smoke.
<lurkd> "Close the goddamn door. My lawyer is going to go over the skinny." He ushers a weasley looking man over to the conference table. *fingersnap*
<lurkd> The lawyer starts handing out very thick Non-disclosure forms to each person. "These all need to be signed in triplacet."
<Bunton> Pauline reads through them.
<Daedalus> Hermann begins to read his.
<Soulless> Elanor begins scaning the non-disclosure form.
<Bunton> Hers, at least.
<ihp> "…wonderful." Jacob grips a pen awkwardly in his elongated fingers and reads through the contract.
<Bunton> "Why didn't you give us these on the plane?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge can barely read.
<Daedalus> "A good point."
<TeslaTornado> He stares, dumbfoundedly, at the paper.
<lurkd> Walt: "While they are signing them… can you… ya know… TELL THEM WHY THE HELL THEY ARE HERE?!?!" He deathglares the lawyer.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+0 (Academics) TRANSLATE LEGALESE
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Academics) TRANSLATE LEGALESE: 0 (4df+0=+, 0, 0, -)
<lurkd> Serge: seriously… this is Greek.
<Bunton> Pauline just signs hers and puts it down.
<lurkd> Lawyer: "Y-yes. *ahem*
<Daedalus> 4df+5 [Academic] What is this all about?
<Glacon> Daedalus: [Academic] What is this all about?: 7 (4df+5=+, +, -, +)
<TeslaTornado> Serge purses his lips and frowns at the document.
<TeslaTornado> "I cannot read this," he says bluntly.
<Vol> Quinna stares at the form. She can barely read, let alone read English.
<TeslaTornado> "Is this even English?"
<lurkd> Hermann: it's a piece of paper that makes you promise never to talk about today ever again… take to the grave so to speak.
<Bunton> "Are we dealing with stuff you could even bring up in court?"
<Vol> 4df+0 quoi? (Academics
<Glacon> Vol: quoi? (Academics: 1 (4df+0=+, -, +, 0)
<Bunton> "I mean, isn't this a bit stupid?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks over at Quinna, then back at his paper.
<ihp> 4df+3 Jacob tries to read the document as well, looking for anything that would screw him over. ~Where's Wambles when you need him?~
<Glacon> ihp: Jacob tries to read the document as well, looking for anything that would screw him over. ~Where's Wambles when you need him?~: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
<lurkd> Lawyer: "Let me start from the beginning perhaps. You see, last week was our grand opening to Disneyland. Perhaps you read about it?"
<ihp> (Erk. Academics is 4. Add 1 to that)
<Soulless> Elanor is satisfied with her reading, assuming there is no giving of souls or abilities or so.
<ihp> "…Saw it on TV, actually," Jacob says.
<Vol> Serge might catch the tiniest expression of helplessness for a second, if he's perceptive enough.
<ihp> "Looked like quite the event."
<lurkd> Jacob: It's more for covering their ass than screwing you.
<Soulless> She quietly signs.
<TeslaTornado> He does. He gently places a hand on Quinna's shoulder and gives her a knowing look.
<Soulless> 4df+5 Elanor gives Serge and Quinna a quick summary of the non-disclosure agreement.
<Glacon> Soulless: Elanor gives Serge and Quinna a quick summary of the non-disclosure agreement.: 6 (4df+5=0, +, 0, 0)
<ihp> Jacob signs the documents. In triplicate.
<Soulless> It's a pretty good summary.
<ihp> And hands them back to Disney's lawer.
<ihp> lawyer, even.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (MDEF) Blatant ignorance
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (MDEF) Blatant ignorance: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
<lurkd> Walt: "IT WAS A GODDAMNED TRAINWRECK IS WHAT IT WAS!!! Fucking Jew reporters!!! I'll buy every last newspaper in this fucking town and convert them to make park maps!!! Jimmy!! Get on that will you! Call my real-estate agent and set something up!"
<TeslaTornado> Serge gives Elanor a look. "I did not understand any of that."
<Bunton> Pauline glares at Disney.
<ihp> Jacob blinks, wincing at the shouting. ~Hurts…~
<lurkd> Jimmy: "Yes sir, right away sir!" He runs out.
<Soulless> "…Serge."
<Soulless> She taps the side of her head a moment in indication.
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods.
<Daedalus> Hermann signs, and is slightly knocked back by the level of ignorance in the room.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Psychic) lol k
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Psychic) lol k: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
<Bunton> "Why are we here."
<lurkd> Lawyer: *ahem* "Yes, the first day was wrecked with problems.. we had a security breach in the park that day and had to close early. We tried to pawn it off as a gas leak."
<Soulless> Elanor lets Serge in and gives a thought-version of the summary, right quick, with all the connotations and need-to-know.
<Soulless> Brains!
<ihp> "…let me guess. The security breach was an anomaly."
<TeslaTornado> Serge understands! He signs his document after what seems like /ages/.
<lurkd> Lawyer: "We… we aren't sure. We think that our imagineers were behind it. Walt Disney scoffs. "Imagineers… who came up with that prissy title?"
<Vol> Quinna smirks. "So this means we get to shoot something, right?" she asks while signing her document.
<Soulless> Elanor kicks Serge out after that.
<lurkd> Lawyer: "Y-you did sir?"
<Soulless> Mentally, I mean.
<lurkd> Walt: "Fired… other lawyer what's your face! Get in here and take over." The degraded lawyer leaves the office and a snappy new lawyer comes in.
<TeslaTornado> Serge watches the Lawyer Shuffle go down. "… That was rude, monsieur."
<Bunton> Pauline looks really annoyed.
<Daedalus> "What in Gott's name is an imagineer?" Hermann says as he takes another puff of his cigar, "And what are we doing here?"
<Bunton> She looks tired and she has a headache.
<Daedalus> *pipe
<lurkd> Lawyer2: "So… anyways…. it seems the remaining imagineers are all held up in the other air hangar behind this studio. Our own security can't shake them out."
<lurkd> "We need you to go in and apprehend them."
<Bunton> Pauline frowns.
<Bunton> "Uh…"
<Soulless> "…"
<ihp> "…so, we're your prison force all of the sudden?"
<Soulless> Elanor feels like a pinkerton. Gross.
<TeslaTornado> "We are not policemen, monsieur."
<Daedalus> "Agreed. Why did you not just contact the authorities?"
<lurkd> Walt: "I hire security for their grit, not brains. It's not as simple as guns blazing, sonny. I need to know how to get them out of that rat's nest. It's all booby-trapped."
<Bunton> "With what?"
<TeslaTornado> ~Booby-trapped?~ Serge looks at Pauline.
<lurkd> "Traps.. you know!"
<Bunton> Pauline suddenly looks interested.
<lurkd> "And the police?!?! You're fucking joking right?"
<lurkd> "That's the last thing I need is more bad press!"
<Bunton> "Mines, bear traps, what?"
<Soulless> She puts a hand on her temples, getting a headache at this man's constant shouting.
<lurkd> "I don't know, Missy! You think I'm going to walk over there and find out. I pay people to do walking for me."
<Bunton> "This is stupid."
<Vol> Quinna perks up. Bear Traps. "I know a thing or two about disarming traps."
<Bunton> "How do you even know it's trapped?"
<Daedalus> "Herr Disney, you must understand. We are an anomaly containment force: we do not do things on the whim of a man, no matter how powerful. Unless there is something anomalous we should know about, your problems are not ours."
<lurkd> Walt strokes his pencil thin mustache and slides a briefcase across the table. "Money talks. There's 50 Kay in there."
<Bunton> Pauline looks at the suitcase.
<Bunton> "Uh…"
<lurkd> "Get the imagineers out, find out what they used to make my park shutdown, and leave."
<ihp> "…" Jacob is not ever going to watch a Disney film again after seeing the man behind them. :|
<lurkd> "What's fucking hard about this?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge doesn't understand how financial benefaction works.
<ihp> "Fine. But if I break my arm again, you're paying for hospital expenses."
<Bunton> Pauline picks up the suitcase and tries to open it.
<Daedalus> Hermann leans over to Elanor, "What is a Kay?"
<lurkd> "Sonny, I can buy you a new arm."
<lurkd> "In fact I can buy you if I wanted."
<ihp> ~If only you could buy yourself a heart.~ "Psi-7, move out."
<lurkd> "Glad to see some goddamned initiative."
<TeslaTornado> "But whyyyyyy…" Serge protests all the way out of the room.
<Bunton> Pauline puts down the case, makes a face at Disney, and walks out with the rest of them.
<lurkd> Walt turns to his Lawyer: "You… we're done here… get me something to sign and hurry." Lawyer "Right away!"
<Vol> Quinna shrugs on her way out. She looks at Serge. "I don't get it. The Foundation takes care of everything we need, what's money to us?"
<Daedalus> Hermann stands, "If I might have one condition, Herr Disney." He snaps a picture of him with his polaroid and holds up the photo, "Would you sign this for me?"
<lurkd> (Foundation is still a new entity in the 50's. 50,000 tax free cash money is welcomed)
<Vol> (Thank you for clarifying)
<TeslaTornado> (Serge literally doesn't understand money)
<lurkd> He looks at Hermann. "You serious?!?" He looks at the lawyer. "Is he serious?!?"
<TeslaTornado> Serge goes back and drags Hermann out of the room by the shoulders.
<Bunton> "We need a rock on a string."
<lurkd> He snags the photo from Hermann's hand, signs it, and gives it back. "Blow."
<Daedalus> "Thank you!" He says ask he's dragged off by Serge.
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "I told you not to ask for autographs. Now come on."
<lurkd> Men show you to the hangar where about twenty cowardly guards keep their distance.
<TeslaTornado> Serge produces a stick and a rock for Pauline.
<Bunton> Pauline takes them and weighs them in her hand.
<Bunton> "Thanks."
<Soulless> Elanor heads with everyone else, looking over.
<Bunton> "What now?"
<lurkd> The hangar is pretty quiet.
<Daedalus> Hermann approaches the guards, "What is the status?"
<lurkd> Some light clanging noise is all that can be heard.
<Soulless> Can she try to discern the booby traps or if they're anomalous or so with her prophecy?
<Soulless> (i.e. if she can discern the anomalousness of the area, potenially anomalous traps)
<lurkd> There's a airfield firetruck and mechanic's truck acorss the way.
<lurkd> Soulless, does she roll for it or is it inherent?
<Soulless> She rolls
<lurkd> Guard: "I'm not going near it. Frank was snatched up and dragged inside."
<lurkd> Roll then
<Soulless> It can be inherent if a GM wants to overwhelm her or something like that
<lurkd> Naw, just roll
<Bunton> Pauline looks at him.
<Bunton> "What?"
<ihp> "…dragged inside?"
<Soulless> 4df+3 Elanor closes her eyes and tries to discern the ambient magic of the area.
<Bunton> "By what?"
<Glacon> Soulless: Elanor closes her eyes and tries to discern the ambient magic of the area.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
<Daedalus> "By what, if I may ask?'
<Soulless> Oh, ok.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Psychic) Serge reaches towards the imagineers' improvised bunker, searching for presences of both Imagineers and… Anything else lurking in there
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Psychic) Serge reaches towards the imagineers' improvised bunker, searching for presences of both Imagineers and… Anything else lurking in there: 5 (4df+3=+, +, -, +)
<lurkd> Elanor is being blocked by something.
lurkd> Serge picks up something very disturbing. Very unnatural and cold.
<Soulless> "…"
<Soulless> She opens her eyes and rubs her temples.
<Soulless> "There's something wrong."
<lurkd> Guard: "Looked like a cable… or an arm… I don't know!"
<Bunton> Pauline sighs takes her revolver out of her handbag.
<ihp> "…wonderful."
<lurkd> *grindingnoise*
<Bunton> She gives the guards a look.
<Bunton> 4df+4 Intimidate
<Glacon> Bunton: Intimidate: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
<Daedalus> Hermann approaches the hanger carefully.
<lurkd> 4df+5 Imma guard… I've seen things
<Glacon> lurkd: Imma guard… I've seen things: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
<Daedalus> He has his gun out.
<Soulless> She turns to the othes. "Hey! Be careful! Something's wrong."
<Vol> Quinna examines the hanger from a distance.
<TeslaTornado> Serge shivers. "Yes. Something definitely not right. Something cold."
<Soulless> "There's… something blocking my abilities to figure out the place. I don't like t."
<Soulless> *it
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "This could get messy. Maillard, Wis-wisen- Pauline, you take point."
<lurkd> the noise stops and returns to a rythmic clanging
<Daedalus> Hermann pulls his gun out and approaches carefully.
<Bunton> She looks at Jacob as if to say
<Bunton> What the fuck?
<Vol> 4df+6 Enhance. Enhance! ENHANCE! (Perception tag
<Glacon> Vol: Enhance. Enhance! ENHANCE! (Perception tag: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, +, -)
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "Fine. I'll take point."
<TeslaTornado> Serge takes point as well.
<Soulless> Elanor holds tightly to her necklace as she follows with Jacob and Serge.
<Bunton> Pauline follows in at the back.
<ihp> Jacob pulls out his 9mm pistol, sniffing at the air for any sign of what the anomaly might be.
<ihp> 4df+7 Perception+Lycanthropy
<Glacon> ihp: Perception+Lycanthropy: 5 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, -)
<TeslaTornado> He opens his eyes but keeps his mind open to his surroundings. Everyone assembled around the entrance to the stronghold; Psi-7 agents and guards alike, can hear whispers vaguely similar to Serge's voice in their heads.
<lurkd> Quinna, there is the slightest crack in the siding and you see many bodies moving around. For sure more than 10.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+7 (Perception + Psychic combined roll) I can see what you can't
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Perception + Psychic combined roll) I can see what you can't: 9 (4df+7=+, -, +, +)
<Vol> Quinna kneels down and readies her rifle.
<lurkd> Serge, same thing. Jacob, you smell them. And it smells like metal.
<ihp> "…it's…. very metallic." Sniff sniff. "Hrm."
<Vol> "At least 10, probably more."
<TeslaTornado> Serge cautiously removes his scope from his rifle and shoulders it up. "Oui. Very cold and not right still."
<Daedalus> Hermann holds his gun in one hand and a camera in the other.
<Soulless> "…We should be very careful."
<Soulless> Elanor feels a bit blind without her second sight, so to speak.
<Bunton> "This is a bad idea."
<Bunton> "We shouldn't be doing this."
<Bunton> She sounds sort of frightened.
<lurkd> (pause)
<lurkd> Here's the scoop just to reiterate. Hangar full of peeps and stuff. Outside is rigged with traps. On the left are some vehicles, airfield firetruck and a mechanic service truck.
<lurkd> (unpause)<Bunton> "We should… I don't know, try and tempt them out or something."
<ihp> Jacob frowns. "…Pauline, check out that mechanic's truck."
<Bunton> Pauline frowns at him, then goes over to it.
<Daedalus> Hermann looks to the firetruck, "Perhaps we can use the hose on that truck to force them out?"
<Vol> Quinna studies the traps. "If I knew for sure I could do it with cover, I could go out and manually disarm the traps."
<lurkd> Mechanic truck: All the tools, compressed air tank, generator, lots of machine grease."
<Bunton> Pauline takes the tank and a few toolboxes.
<Bunton> She forgot to bring her own.
<Vol> She grimmaces. "Besides, if some are explosive, we might not be able to get the truck close enough to use it as a distraction."
<lurkd> Pauline, that tank is bolted to the truck.
<Bunton> She leaves the tank, then.
<Bunton> For now.
<Bunton> 4df+4 engineering to determine what the traps are
<Glacon> Bunton: engineering to determine what the traps are: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
<Bunton> Er.
<Bunton> That should be 5.
<Bunton> She has +6 in engineering.
<TeslaTornado> Serge keeps on psychic-ing, the whispers persisting. He goes to the mechanic's truck and posts up, reattaching the scope to his rifle and keeping an eye on the studio doors, as if anticipating someone to come out.
<lurkd> You can't see any traps, but you guess that if they are nabbing people, they must have a winch or something.
<ihp> 4df+5 same as Pauline. Add +4 if they're at all electrical.
<Glacon> ihp: same as Pauline. Add +4 if they're at all electrical.: 4 (4df+5=+, 0, -, -)
<ihp> :I
<TeslaTornado> 4df+4 (Vive la Resistance) Maquisards know some shit about traps
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Vive la Resistance) Maquisards know some shit about traps: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
<Bunton> So that's a 4 and two 5s.
<Bunton> Not bad, team.
<Vol> Quinna keeps her K98K trained on the hangar.
<lurkd> Jacob, you come to the same conclusions, plus you don't see electrical wires coming off the old hangar which would indicate that they don't have power.
<Bunton> Pauline makes her way back.
<Vol> 4df+5 Let's take a looksie (survival
<Glacon> Vol: Let's take a looksie (survival: 3 (4df+5=-, -, +, -)
<ihp> "…no power in there, so the traps must be mechanical."
<Daedalus> Hermann sighs and walks around the the hanger to try and find a back entrance.
<ihp> "…assuming they aren't anomalous."
<Bunton> "They might have a winch."
<Bunton> "Or it could be an anomaly."
<lurkd> Serge and Quinna, dem traps are similar to things you've seen used for snagging legs.
<Soulless> "Something is certainly anomalously blocking me."
<Bunton> Pauline puts down the tools and throws some rocks outside.
<Bunton> Er.
<Bunton> Onto the area where the traps are.
<Bunton> The front of the hangar, I guess?
<Soulless> "I think I should go as bait, maybe draw them out.
<Soulless> *"
<lurkd> .ch 0,1
<Glacon> lurkd: 0
<lurkd> The rock goes thunk on the ground.
<TeslaTornado> Everyone hears a voice in their heads: Snare traps. Stand clear of them.
<lurkd> Nothing happens.
<Daedalus> Is there a back entrance?
<Bunton> Pauline screatches her head.
<Bunton> Then she raises her revolver and fires a shot at the door.
<lurkd> Person: "….you hear something?"
<Daedalus> Hermann jumps at the sound of Serge in his head.
<lurkd> Person1: "Shit that was something for sure!"
<TeslaTornado> That person, specifically, hears: {{Sorry, that was me. Serge. I am with the team.{{
<Vol> Quinna looks at Serge, mouthing "Was that you?"
<lurkd> Person2: "Get it out of here, then!"
<TeslaTornado> Serge nods back at Quinna.
<Bunton> Pauline looks at Serge.
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at Pauline.
<Bunton> "Uh… hm."
<Bunton> "Who's got the most intimidating voice?"
<Bunton> I guess we're just redacting the whole "firing a shot at the door thing."
<Daedalus> Hermann joins the group, "As far as I can tell, there's no back way into the Hanger."
<Bunton> Probably for the best.
<Vol> Quinna affects an evil laugh, "Fear me, mortals!"
<lurkd> Bunton, too late
<Soulless> Elanod nods at the whisper.
<Soulless> *Elanor nods
<Bunton> "Uh… try yelling that we have them surrounded."
<ihp> Jacob just looks at Quinna like :|
<Bunton> "Maybe we can get them to panic."
<lurkd> 3…
<lurkd> 2…
<lurkd> 1…
<Soulless> If they're robotic, I don't think so."
<Soulless> *"
<lurkd> everyone roll agility
<Bunton> 4df+4
<Glacon> Bunton: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
<ihp> 4df+3 way to go, Quinna, Serge.
<Glacon> ihp: way to go, Quinna, Serge.: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
<Bunton> Pauline raises her eyebrows. "Roboti-"
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 Oh god
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: Oh god: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
<Daedalus> "Dummkopfs! We have you surrounded!"
<Daedalus> 4df
<Glacon> Daedalus: 2 (4df=0, +, +, 0)
<Vol> 4df+3 Ah putain (agility
<Glacon> Vol: Ah putain (agility: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
<lurkd> Rifles poke out of the holes of the hangar siding and start firing at them.
<Soulless> 4df+3 !!! agi
<Glacon> Soulless: !!! agi: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
<lurkd> 4df+3 average shooters
<Glacon> lurkd: average shooters: 1 (4df+3=-, -, -, +)
<Vol> (rofl)
<Bunton> "Cipa!"
<Bunton> Pauline runs for the nearest cover.
<lurkd> Bullets whiz by everyone.
<ihp> Jacob runs for the cover of the mechanic's truck.
<Bunton> So does Pauline!
<lurkd> Person: "Prepare for your demise!!!"
<TeslaTornado> Serge was already posted behind the mechanic's truck!
<ihp> "Okay, how the hell do we get in there?" Question: what's the ground around here like?
<Vol> Quinna rolls over to the truck, making a point of hiding behind a wheel well.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+9 (Ranged + VLR) Return fire!
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged + VLR) Return fire!: 7 (4df+9=-, -, 0, 0)
<Bunton> Wait.
<Bunton> Hang on.
<Daedalus> Hermann hits the ground, "Scheiß drauf!" He tries to get into one of the trucks.
<Bunton> Is "Person" one of the guards?
<lurkd> The roof suddenly blows open. Large tin plates fly to the ground as something emerges.
<Bunton> Or is he inside the hangar?
<lurkd> Bunton, person, people in the hangar
<Bunton> Oh.
<Bunton> That "I thought I heard something" thing makes a lot more sense now.
<lurkd> 4df+6 I have cover
<Glacon> lurkd: I have cover: 8 (4df+6=0, +, 0, +)
<lurkd> Serge doesn't hit anyone.
<ihp> Jacob stares at the roof getting blown open.
<Soulless> Elanor tries to call out.
<Daedalus> Hermann looks up at it.
Bunton> Pauline strains to see what the thing is from under the truck.
<Soulless> 4df+4 (bluff) "Hey! Come out! We're here to help!"
<Glacon> Soulless: (bluff) "Hey! Come out! We're here to help!": 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
<Soulless> Oh ok.
<lurkd> It's a large uninflated bag slowly filling with gas.
ihp> "…son of a bitch they have a hot-air balloon."
<lurkd> 4df+2 Mdef
<Glacon> lurkd: Mdef: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
<Bunton> Pauline fires a shot at it.
<Bunton> 4df+4 It's hard to miss a hot-air balloon.
<Glacon> Bunton: It's hard to miss a hot-air balloon.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
<ihp> Jacob looks at Pauline. "Give me that compressed air cylinder. I have an idea."
<lurkd> Person2: "Piss off heretics!"
<lurkd> 4df+0 because baloon
<Glacon> lurkd: because baloon: 0 (4df+0=0, -, +, 0)
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks at Jacob. "The cylinder is attached to the truck."
<lurkd> *PSSSSSS*
<Bunton> Pauline scrambles to her feet.
<lurkd> The balloon starts to lose air.
<Vol> 4df+10 Quinna takes Pauline's lighter and lights her cigar, putting the lighter back in Pauline's pocket. (Sneak + Wasn't me
<Glacon> Vol: Quinna takes Pauline's lighter and lights her cigar, putting the lighter back in Pauline's pocket. (Sneak + Wasn't me: 11 (4df+10=0, +, 0, 0)
<Bunton> Pauline doesn't noticew.
<Daedalus> Are there keys in the truck?
<TeslaTornado> He looks at Hermann, then at the fire truck, then at Quinna. "The fire truck!"
<lurkd> 4df+2 hard to see through a wall
<Bunton> Although if she had, she'd have commented that this really isn't the time.
<Glacon> lurkd: hard to see through a wall: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
<TeslaTornado> "If we hit the hangar with the hose we can suppress them!"
<Bunton> What wasw that roll for?
<lurkd> redact that rool actually
<Bunton> Oh.
<Soulless> Elanor backs up to try and set up the truck for Serge's idea.
<Daedalus> "I suggested that not ten minutes ago!" Hermann says angrily from the truck.
<lurkd> Person1: "Shit! SHIT!!!"
<Bunton> Are there keys in the truck?
<TeslaTornado> "I know, that is why I looked at you!" Serge pouts at Hermann.
<lurkd> Yes, keys are in the truck.

  • Nemi (seeB.seeB.seeB|heveraz#seeB.seeB.seeB|heveraz) has joined

<Vol> Quinna bites down on the cigar and heads over to the firetruck, hopping in the back.

  • ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nemi

<Daedalus> Hermann starts the truck up, revving the engine.
<lurkd> 4df+3 another volley!
<Glacon> lurkd: another volley!: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
<lurkd> Everyone agility again.
<Bunton> 4df+4 Agility!
<Glacon> Bunton: Agility!: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+7 (AGI + VLR) Serge runs for the fire truck, trying to dodge the incoming fire
<Daedalus> 4df
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (AGI + VLR) Serge runs for the fire truck, trying to dodge the incoming fire: 7 (4df+7=+, -, 0, 0)
<Glacon> Daedalus: 1 (4df=+, -, +, 0)
<Vol> 4df+3 Goddamnit, I can dodge this! (Agility
<Glacon> Vol: Goddamnit, I can dodge this! (Agility: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
<Bunton> Oh dear.
<lurkd> Hermann is shot through the windshield!
<lurkd> Quinn is shot, or rather grazed.
<ihp> 4df+3 agility
<Glacon> ihp: agility: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
<lurkd> -1 HP.
<lurkd> Both
<Vol> Quinna winces. "Putain!" she hisses.
<Vol> (That's French for FUCK!"
<Soulless> 4df+3 agi
<Glacon> Soulless: agi: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
<Vol> )
<TeslaTornado> Serge: "I didn't know you spoke French!"
<Bunton> Pauline stays by the mechanic's truck until all the shooting stops.
<Bunton> The heroics are on the more brave people now.
<Vol> Quinna chuckles around her cigar. "We've had this discussion before, mon tonneau de whisky."
<Vol> (my Whiskey Barrel)
<TeslaTornado> "Oh! Oui, I forgot!" Serge squats behind the fire truck's cab and looks inside for the keys.
<ihp> Jacob stays with Pauline as well, thinking.
<Bunton> "Hurry up!" Pauline yells encouragingly.
<Soulless> "You guys handle the truck, I'll try to keep the fire on me."
<Soulless> She heads out into the kinda-open. "Hey"
<Soulless> *!
<Daedalus> "Ficken Arschlöcher! Du auf mich geschossen!" Hermann shouts, "Scheiß drauf!!!" He starts up the engine.
<Soulless> "Over here, morons!"
<Bunton> Pauline gapes at her.
<lurkd> Person2: "The balloon isn't going to work! Plan B."
<TeslaTornado> Serge would dispute the effectiveness of Pauline's strategy, but he's too busy trying to figure out if this truck will run, and if he can turn on the hoses.
<lurkd> Firetruck is started. *VRUM*
<lurkd> Person1: "The truck! Aim for the truck!"
<lurkd> Who's in the truck?
<TeslaTornado> Serge attempts to get the hose on them first.
<Soulless> Elanor curses a bit under her breath.
<TeslaTornado> Currently he's climbing out of the cab.
<Vol> (Quinna is. I'm asking you a question, Lurk)<Daedalus> Hermann's still in the truck.
<Bunton> Pauline looks at Jacob. "What should we do?" she shouts.
<lurkd> So Hermann and Serge?
<lurkd> Soulless: roll to distract them.
<TeslaTornado> Hermann and Serge and Quinna.
<ihp> "We can at least give them some covering fire. Are there any nails in those toolboxes?"
<Soulless> 4df+6 (bluff+acting) Elanor fires a warning shot with her pistol, trying to act like she's going to run in and make trouble or something. Or at least a bigger threat.
<Glacon> Soulless: (bluff+acting) Elanor fires a warning shot with her pistol, trying to act like she's going to run in and make trouble or something. Or at least a bigger threat.: 7 (4df+6=+, +, -, 0)
<lurkd> Soulless?
<Soulless> (warning shot into the air)
<Bunton> Pauline opens some toolboxes. Are there?
<Daedalus> "Serge! The mechanism for the hose is on the side of the truck!" Hermann shouts to him.
<lurkd> 4df+2 Mdef
<Glacon> lurkd: Mdef: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
<Soulless> "Pay attention or I'm going to blow the whole thing down!"
<lurkd> All guns suddenly get pointed at Elanor. *clicking*
<Vol> Quinna readies her rifle and aims at a figure inside the Hangar.
<TeslaTornado> Serge gets to the hose pump control panel and starts to push buttons.
<lurkd> Elanor, what roll?
<Bunton> Shall we just say that there are?
<lurkd> She's in front of a firing squad.
<Vol> 4df+12 She's a goddamn gun god (Ranged + E!E!E!
<Glacon> Vol: She's a goddamn gun god (Ranged + E!E!E!: 13 (4df+12=0, -, +, +)
<lurkd> What are you tagging here, Vol?
<Bunton> "Yes! Why!"
<Vol> Oh, redact, I just realized something))
<ihp> "Give them to me!" Jacobs says as the takes the hose from the compressed air cylinder. "I'm going to make a nail gun!"
<Soulless> 4df+6 (out of the box) Elanor, in all her crazy ideas, gets the crazy idea to zig-zag towards them, or at least away from the others.
<Glacon> Soulless: (out of the box) Elanor, in all her crazy ideas, gets the crazy idea to zig-zag towards them, or at least away from the others.: 9 (4df+6=+, +, 0, +)
<Soulless> (agility)
<Bunton> She empties the nails on to the ground.
<lurkd> 4df+10 wall of boolits
<Glacon> lurkd: wall of boolits: 12 (4df+10=0, +, 0, +)
<Bunton> 4df+6 Engineering to help!
<Glacon> Bunton: Engineering to help!: 5 (4df+6=-, 0, -, +)
<Vol> 4df+6 She's just kind of shooting I guess (ranged
<Glacon> Vol: She's just kind of shooting I guess (ranged: 3 (4df+6=0, -, -, -)
<lurkd> Elanor is more or less gunned.
<Soulless> She hopes her team is fast.
<Soulless> How much damage?
<Daedalus> 4df+5 [Engineering] Hermann, frustrated, gets out of the truck and goes to activate the hose.
<Glacon> Daedalus: [Engineering] Hermann, frustrated, gets out of the truck and goes to activate the hose.: 4 (4df+5=-, +, -, 0)
<lurkd> -3 to Body
<Bunton> "Why don't we just use our actual guns!" Pauline yells at Jacob.
<ihp> "Because I am a horrible shot!"
<TeslaTornado> 4df (Engineering) FUCKFUCKFUCK
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Engineering) FUCKFUCKFUCK: -2 (4df=-, 0, -, 0)
<Bunton> "Oh!"
<lurkd> 4df+1 The big red lever
<Glacon> lurkd: The big red lever: 3 (4df+1=+, 0, +, 0)
<ihp> Jacob and Pauline, presumably, make up a makeshift nail gun.
<lurkd> Hermann turns the hose on! Water sprays out in great force at the hangar!

  • Sax (nus.eht.otni|gninnur#nus.eht.otni|gninnur) has joined

<lurkd> *PSSSHHHHHH*
<Daedalus> "Gott sei Dank." Hermann sighs in relief.
<Vol> "Because the gods hate me apparently."
<Soulless> Elanor makes a noise of pain and gets herself some cover to let everone else take care of things.
<lurkd> The opposite side of the hangar blows out with about 12 other people running out, pulling a big metal thing on wheels.
<Soulless> She clutches at her wounds. Damn they hurt.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+7 (AGI + VLR) Now that the hose is on, Serge sprints to recover Elanor and drag her to cover.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (AGI + VLR) Now that the hose is on, Serge sprints to recover Elanor and drag her to cover.: 4 (4df+7=0, -, -, -)
<ihp> "…what is that what is that WHAT IS THAT?!"
<lurkd> It's… a big clunky thing of gears.
<Daedalus> (If it's a cannon I swear to god)
<TeslaTornado> Serge is too busy running right now.
<lurkd> "Get it out of here! Away form water!!"
<Bunton> Pauline runs over to the firetruck.
<Bunton> 4df+12 tagging engineering and trained engineer to know how to disable the big thing.
<Glacon> Bunton: tagging engineering and trained engineer to know how to disable the big thing.: 14 (4df+12=+, 0, 0, +)
<Daedalus> Hermann gets in the firetruck and drives after them.
<Vol> 4df+12 tagging ranged and fucking Enhance tag that's too long to fucking type
<Glacon> Vol: tagging ranged and fucking Enhance tag that's too long to fucking type: 14 (4df+12=+, +, +, -)
<lurkd> Pauline, you've never seen anything like it. It's clockwork, so maybe jamming it with something?
<Bunton> Pauline grabs some wrenches from the toolkit and just throws them.
<lurkd> Vol, what are you shooting at?
<Bunton> She's out of ideas at this point.
<Bunton> 4df+4 ranged!
<Glacon> Bunton: ranged!: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
<Vol> One of the people pulling out the machine
<lurkd> Pauline, they are pretty much swallowed up in the gears as you throw them.
<lurkd> Lots a sparks.
<Soulless> Elanor is dragged. "T-thanks, Serge. Don't worry about me, just get to the others."
<lurkd> But no effect.
<Daedalus> Hermann aims the hose at them.
<TeslaTornado> Serge drags her back to the fire truck.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) Shoot and drag
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) Shoot and drag: 2 (4df+5=-, -, 0, -)
<TeslaTornado> (Aiming at the men around the gear thing)
<lurkd> The machine whirs agrily and hops off it's cart and tetters toward the firetruck.
<Vol> (so with a 14 is there even a counter roll?)
<lurkd> Person1: "My Lord! NOOO!!!"
<TeslaTornado> Serge looks up and sees this, and immediately goes for the cab of the truck.
<lurkd> Quinn guns down a man.
<TeslaTornado> "COVER ME!"
<lurkd> He dead.
<lurkd> *CLUNK* *CLUNK*
<Daedalus> Hermann goes to the drivers seat and throws the truck in reverse.
<Bunton> Pauline shoots!
<lurkd> Machine advances on firetruck… almost hungrily.
<Bunton> 4df+4 BANG BANG BANG
<Glacon> Bunton: BANG BANG BANG: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
<lurkd> 4df+1000 dude, big metal machine
<Glacon> lurkd: dude, big metal machine: 1002 (4df+1000=-, +, +, +)
<TeslaTornado> Serge climbs the superstructure of the fire truck and adjusts the hose, trying to spray the approaching machine with it.
<Bunton> At the men.
<Bunton> Not the machine.
<Bunton> In fact, redact, I misunderstood.
<lurkd> 4df+4 Pdef
<Glacon> lurkd: Pdef: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) HOSE 'EM DOWN
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) HOSE 'EM DOWN: 6 (4df+5=0, -, +, +)
<Daedalus> Hermann reverses the truck quickly as Serge hoses the thing down.
<lurkd> Water enters the machine and the gears whine with tremendous noise. Though it does little to slow it down. Behind you a guard shack is getting dangerously close to your rear bumber.
<lurkd> *bumper
<lurkd> The people are all running after the machine.
<TeslaTornado> Serge continues hosing the machine, La Marsellaise playing in his head for some reason. "HERMANN! TURN THE TRUCK!"
<Daedalus> Hermann turns and directs the truck away from the shack.
<lurkd> The machine looks like a clump of gears, cables, and pulleys about 3 meters in any direction since it's a box.
<lurkd> *SKREEEEEEEE*
<lurkd> The machine lunges and crashes into the shack, crushing it to splinters. *CRASH*
<Vol> Quinna has an epiphany. She takes her cigar, puffs on it once, and tosses it at the machine.
<lurkd> All the other people left rush to the machines aid. "My Broken God!!!"
<Vol> 4df+6 Rolling ranged for throwing (ranged
<Glacon> Vol: Rolling ranged for throwing (ranged: 4 (4df+6=0, -, -, 0)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (ranged) Serge turns the hose on the screaming idiots running toward the 290 psi firehose
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (ranged) Serge turns the hose on the screaming idiots running toward the 290 psi firehose: 4 (4df+5=0, -, 0, 0)
<Soulless> Elanor looks for something to somehow jam into the machine.
<lurkd> They all trip over themselves… except for one. He throws himself into the machine and is drawn in and crushed by gears in a shower of gore. The machine is appeased and whirs to life again! *wwwwwwhhhhhiiRRRRRRR*
<Soulless> Roll percep?
<Bunton> Pauline runs her hands frantically through her hair.
<Bunton> "Christ!"
<TeslaTornado> "PUTAIN!" Serge turns the hose on the thing again.
<Soulless> Elanor makes a wince at the sound of men being crushed in gears.
<Bunton> Pauline rel
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) "HERMANN KEEP BACKING UP KEEP BACKING UP KEEP BACKING UP"
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) "HERMANN KEEP BACKING UP KEEP BACKING UP KEEP BACKING UP": 3 (4df+5=0, 0, -, -)
<Bunton> *reloads her revolver.
<Daedalus> Das Lied der Deutschen plays in Hermann's head for some reason as he backs up.
<Vol> 4df+4 just regular non-tag perception
<Glacon> Vol: just regular non-tag perception: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
<Bunton> Pauline shoots at the cultists.
<Bunton> 4df+4 Dąbrowski's Mazurka runs through her head for some reason as she guns other human beings down.
<Vol> (she's trying to see how the machine works)
<Glacon> Bunton: Dąbrowski's Mazurka runs through her head for some reason as she guns other human beings down.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
<lurkd> 4df+4
<Glacon> lurkd: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
<Daedalus> "Scheiße!"
<lurkd> Pauline shoots another and there are like 9 more left.
<Vol> If she had any knowledge of engineering, Quinna could probably figure out what was going on.
<Bunton> She runs to the mechanic's truck with the intention of just running the fucker's over, holy shit.
<Bunton> *fuckers
<Bunton> Punctuation is important.
<Vol> 4df+6 Ranged (they're too close to snipe now)
<Glacon> Vol: Ranged (they're too close to snipe now): 7 (4df+6=+, 0, +, -)
<Soulless> "We need to keep the people from the machine!"
<lurkd> Vol, try rolling an academic or something if you don't have ENG.
<lurkd> "Take me My Lord!"
<Soulless> "Can you use the hose to keep the people back?"
<Soulless> *?!
<Bunton> Can she run the feckers over?
<lurkd> People try to make for it!
<Vol> (lol nope. She's like Serge)
<TeslaTornado> Serge shouts down from the top of the truck: "We need to keep /everything/ away from the machine!"
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) Turning the hose on the shrieking assholes again
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) Turning the hose on the shrieking assholes again: 4 (4df+5=-, -, +, 0)
<lurkd> Bunton… roll me agility to hit and run.
<lurkd> 4df+4
<Daedalus> Hermann drives the truck away from the giant chunk of metal.
<Glacon> lurkd: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
<Bunton> 4df+4 Oh dear.
<Glacon> Bunton: Oh dear.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
<lurkd> Serge misses people.
<Vol> 4df+6 Shoot more of them! Because I can and I have a goddamn K98K!
<Glacon> Vol: Shoot more of them! Because I can and I have a goddamn K98K!: 9 (4df+6=+, +, 0, +)
<lurkd> The mechanic truck is slow and heavy. It's hard to hit moving targets.
<lurkd> 4df+4
<Glacon> lurkd: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
<Bunton> Does she get any of them?
<lurkd> Quinna shoots 2 more.
<lurkd> Bunton, no.
<Vol> Quinna grins. "Ptew ptew…gotcha."
<Bunton> Oh.
<Bunton> Jeszcze Polska nie umarła…
<lurkd> 7 more. The machine turns on Pauline's truck now.
<lurkd> *CLUNK* *CLUNK*
<TeslaTornado> Serge hits the machine with the hose again.
<Bunton> Pauline tries to back up.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) HOOOOOOOOOSE
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) HOOOOOOOOOSE: 3 (4df+5=0, 0, -, -)
<lurkd> There's one wayward soul about ready to plung into the machine!
<Vol> 4df+6 I can do this all day! Shooting the sacrifice
<Glacon> Vol: I can do this all day! Shooting the sacrifice: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Psychic) Serge does something unprecedented and shouts a HALT command into the guy's head, if Quinna misses.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Psychic) Serge does something unprecedented and shouts a HALT command into the guy's head, if Quinna misses.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
<Soulless> 4df+4 (Bluff) "Hey over here!" Elanor tries to distract the wayward soul.
<Glacon> Soulless: (Bluff) "Hey over here!" Elanor tries to distract the wayward soul.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
<lurkd> 4df+6 agility + zealot!
<Glacon> lurkd: agility + zealot!: 6 (4df+6=0, +, -, 0)
<Daedalus> 4df+4 Hermann attempts to shoot anyone else trying to throw themselves into certain death.
<Glacon> Daedalus: Hermann attempts to shoot anyone else trying to throw themselves into certain death.: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
<lurkd> He makes it into the machine and gets ground up.
<lurkd> *SPLORCH*
<Soulless> She winces again. God dammit.
<lurkd> The machine advances on the truck with greater fervor and latches onto the mechanic truck.
<Vol> Quinna spots the closest cultists. She glares and aims again, this time at the machine.
<lurkd> *CRUNCH*
<Vol> 4df+6 I don't like thingamatrons!
<Glacon> Vol: I don't like thingamatrons!: 4 (4df+6=-, -, +, -)
<TeslaTornado> "NO!" Serge shouts down to Hermann: "STOP!"
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (ranged) Focusing on the machine exclusively now
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (ranged) Focusing on the machine exclusively now: 6 (4df+5=+, 0, -, +)
<lurkd> The truck is slowly getting swallowed by the machine!
<Daedalus> Hermann brakes hard. Serge might be thrown off balance.
<Vol> 4df+3 Oh shit, momentum!
<Glacon> Vol: Oh shit, momentum!: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
<lurkd> Bunton, any last words>
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (AGI) To not be thrown off balance
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (AGI) To not be thrown off balance: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
<lurkd> *?
<Bunton> Pauline just screams.
<Vol> Quinna slams into the back of the cab hard.
<lurkd> The machine squeals and starts to fall apart, letting go of the truck cab. *SCREEEEEE*
<lurkd> Gears start to rust over pretty quickly.
<TeslaTornado> Serge screams back the machine, bracing the hose with one hand, the other gripping the superstructure of the cab.
<TeslaTornado> back at the machine*
<lurkd> The cultist run over to sacrifice themselves once more!
<Vol> 4df+6 Oh no you don't!
<Glacon> Vol: Oh no you don't!: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
<lurkd> 4df+2 cuz tired of running around an airfield
<Glacon> lurkd: cuz tired of running around an airfield: 6 (4df+2=+, +, +, +)
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) Still focusing on keeping the machine shut off
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) Still focusing on keeping the machine shut off: 3 (4df+5=+, -, -, -)
<Daedalus> 4df+4 shooting cultists out a firetruck window
<lurkd> They are shot at but still advance.
<Glacon> Daedalus: shooting cultists out a firetruck window: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
<Soulless> 4df+3 Elanor tries to help shoot to disable, at the knees and suckh.
<Glacon> Soulless: Elanor tries to help shoot to disable, at the knees and suckh.: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
<Soulless> *sucj
<Soulless> **such
<Vol> 4df+6 Goddamnit, just die already.
<Glacon> Vol: Goddamnit, just die already.: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
<lurkd> ok, i think i need to roll once more
<lurkd> 4df+2 tired
<Glacon> lurkd: tired: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
<lurkd> Some are shot, some just stop. They see they are defeated. They begin to weep for their machine god that's falling apart in front of them.
<lurkd> the mechanic truck cab is completely smashed in.
<lurkd> "My Lord!" *sob*
<Daedalus> Did pauline get out in time?
<TeslaTornado> Serge throws the hose down, keeping it pointed towards the machine, and sprints to the cab of the truck.
<lurkd> The thing seazes up finally and then sluffs into a pile of gears, leaving only one harded component still ticking away.
<lurkd> Pauline is still in there.
<lurkd> Serge, you see blood dripping out the side.
<Soulless> Elanor heads ovr to the gears. Oh no.
<Vol> 4df+3 Quinna hops off of the truck.
<Glacon> Vol: Quinna hops off of the truck.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, -, 0)
<Vol> …and falls on her face.
<lurkd> -1 Body Quinn
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (STR) Serge begins hauling bent metal away from the cab access, attempting to get in.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (STR) Serge begins hauling bent metal away from the cab access, attempting to get in.: 7 (4df+5=+, +, 0, 0)
<lurkd> He… pulls off the broken door and sees Pauline's arm sticking out of the twisted metal.
<Vol> Quinna picks herself up and limps over to the truck as fast as he can.
<TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Psychic) PAULINE
<lurkd> The rest of her is locked inside.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Psychic) PAULINE: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
<lurkd> Serge, she's not there.
<lurkd> She's gone.
<Daedalus> Hermann carefully gets out of the fire truck and goes over to Serge.
<TeslaTornado> Serge stops dead where he is. One by one his thoughts start to shut off. The happy grin fades. His shoulders slump.
<Soulless> "Serge… Serge, is she..?"
<TeslaTornado> How many of the imagineers are left?
<Vol> Quinna squints slightly, attempting to hide her empathy.
<lurkd> The little typewriter sized box ticks away on top of the pile of gears, someone should really take that before it reassembles itself.
<lurkd> 5 are left. 3 are wounded.
<Daedalus> Hermann takes it and wraps it in his coat.
<lurkd> *ticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick8
<Vol> Quinna hands Serge her rifle and some clips.
<lurkd> Hermann, it's heavy but you manage."
<lurkd> "Don't take our God! Please!"
<TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (Ranged) Serge takes his own rifle - Pauline's rifle - places it against one of their chests and dumps the magazine into them.
<Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Ranged) Serge takes his own rifle - Pauline's rifle - places it against one of their chests and dumps the magazine into them.: 4 (4df+5=0, +, -, -)
<Soulless> "…Sorry, this wil be coming with us."

  • ihp (~moc.rr.ser.oen.4467D5B7-CRInys|alliztahc#moc.rr.ser.oen.4467D5B7-CRInys|alliztahc) has left

<Daedalus> Hermann looks to them, "Your God is broken." He says, going over to Serge, "We need at least one alive."
<Vol> Quinna nods. This is his fight, not hers.
<Soulless> Elanor takes out some resin and charcoal, setting up a little pile of sadness to burn. She quietly goes on to set the resin on fire.
<Soulless> *on fire in front of the hunk of metal and Pauline.
<TeslaTornado> Serge moves from one cultist to the next. He releases Pauline's rifle, switches to Quinna, annihilates another, drops Quinna's rifle, slits the third's throat with his knife, drops his knife, pulls out his hatchet and stoves in the fourth's with the blunt end.
<TeslaTornado> He takes the fifth and slams their head into the hood of the fire truck until they are rendered fully unconscious.
<lurkd> Take prisoners, arrive back yourselves. Assume it's a long depressing plane ride home with Pauline's remains.
<TeslaTornado> Prisoner.
<TeslaTornado> Singular.
<lurkd> #origins-ic
<Vol> Just don't forget to leave one alive, Quinna thinks to Serge, hoping he hears her.
<Soulless> Elanor says her prayers, wishing the soul of Pauline a safe journey.
<lurkd> Ok one prisoner.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License