Burninating the Countryside/All the Peasants/Thatched roof cottages

<Recursive> Wiley watches out the window as they drive.

<RogetGMs> The countryside whips by, and the GOC guys aren't good company. Their armour is all uncomfortable to sit by, and their big weapons are bulky.

<Recursive> Wiley looks to the rest. "How've you all been keeping, then?"

<Optimal> Doug feels the wind blow through his non-existent hair.

<Optimal> Doug yells over the wind to Wiley. "I'M DOING GOOD."

<ZombieRaptor> Jay's looking over the UN guys.. I assume they exude a but more of a professional and bad ass sense than normal UN soldiers?

<RogetGMs> yee

<Soulless> Elanor rubs her temples some more.

<Soulless> She is otherwise quiet.

<RogetGMs> They approach a small run down shack, with the truck slowing down as it approaches

  • ProcyonPing (taerG.sI.nnameiR|ycorP#taerG.sI.nnameiR|ycorP) has joined
  • ChanServ gives channel operator status to ProcyonPing
  • ProcyonLotor has quit (Ping timeout: 185 seconds)

<RogetGMs> As they pull in, the GOC guys silently hop off, and grab equipment from under the truck, heading towards the shack.

<Optimal> Doug takes a gander. "Looks pretty normal to me." Doug goes to the back of the truck and jumps off with bravado and enthusiasm.

<Recursive> Wiley hops off, and almost trips, but he recovers and manages to look confident.

  • ProcyonPing is now known as ProcyonLotor

<ZombieRaptor> Jay disembarks, following them. "Seems like the middle of nowhere tah me." Though he doubts they just stopped for a piss break

<RogetGMs> They approach the entrance, and one of them kicks the door in. The interior looks to be packed with books, but they're all rotten, moldy and falling apart. There's a desk with a lit candle in the middle of the room.

<RogetGMs> "Place used to be a way. Boys, get in position." barks a GOC soldier.

  • gumbal1 has quit (Connection reset by peer)

<Recursive> Wiley observes the dudes, as was his mission. "Candles in the middle of dark rooms in the middle of nowhere. That's probably good."

  • gumbal1 (retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug#retal.xobdnas.ym.raelc.lliw.1l|bmug) has joined

<RogetGMs> "It's a way from the Library, but looks like it hasn't been active in a long time."

<Optimal> Doug keeps his hand on his holstered sidearm, as if he's expecting a big baddie to come rushing out of the shack and execute it gunslinger style.

<RogetGMs> The GOC soldiers take up positions around the shack. "Foundation personnel, move in and make sure the structure is clear. Then… I'd advise you take a step back, kids."

<Recursive> Wiley nods, and goes towards the door. He enters after Doug, as he has a gun.

<Optimal> "On it." Doug moves in towards the entrance, his gun now out pointing ahead of him.

<RogetGMs> The room isn't terribly big, but it's absolutely packed with ragged documentation. There's a desk with a lit candle in the middle of the room.

<Optimal> Doug slowly walks over to the desk in the middle of the room. Anything on it except the candle?

<ZombieRaptor> Jay swings about his carbine and takes up the rear.

<Recursive> Wiley takes a look at some of the documents, to see if he can discern any of it.

<RogetGMs> There's some papers.

<RogetGMs> The ones on the shelves literally fall to mush as soon as you grab them

<Optimal> Doug tries to read the papers on the desk.

<Recursive> Wiley huffs at them, a bit disappointed.

<RogetGMs> Doug, roll perception.

<Optimal> 4df+3

<Glacon> Optimal: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)

<RogetGMs> You get distracted by a cobweb on the roof.

<ZombieRaptor> "This place has been here a while.." Jay moves about the room, eventually ending up at the desk, scanning it.

<Recursive> Wiley follows them over, taking in the room.

<Optimal> Doug wants to get outta there now because ew spiders. Doug looks to the other two Foundationeers, then yells "All clear."

<RogetGMs> Jay, perception as you look at the papers Doug has.

<ZombieRaptor> 4df+6 tagging hawk eye

<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: tagging hawk eye: 7 (4df+6=0, +, -, +)

<RogetGMs> Jay, you are distracted in a very familiar way… these papers came from an Enigmagraph.

<ZombieRaptor> He rubs his eyes with his free hand, squinting at them before figuring it out.. "Y'all.. These were written by that.. Enigmagraph machine we got." (Is there more than one?)

<Recursive> Wiley looks over. "Enigmagraph?"

<RogetGMs> More than one

<Optimal> "What's an Enemagraph?"

<Recursive> Wiley's brain gets retconned into remembering what an Enigmagraph is. "Sort of like a coding device." He explains to Doug

<Optimal> "Coding device… okay."

<RogetGMs> (It makes messages only readable by an intended recipient, everyone else gets distracted)

<Optimal> "Well, if you don't mind…" Doug steps out of the shack. "It's all clear."

<Recursive> Wiley follows him out, brushing some dust off his trench coat.

<RogetGMs> "Okay, get anything you want to keep and skeddadle, kids."

<Recursive> Wiley finds a paper clip on the ground. ~Ah, why the heck not?~

<Optimal> "Pfft… what would I do with an Enemagraph…"

<RogetGMs> Is everyone clear of the building/did anyone take the papers?

<Recursive> Wiley is, and no papers.

<Soulless> Elanor is here she is following.

<Optimal> Doug didn't take any papers.

<Soulless> If Elanor has the opportunity she could take some papers. >_>

<Soulless> If not is ok.

<RogetGMs> Elanor has the papes in hand, then, as everyone watches the GOC guys let loose with flamethrowers, causing the whole shack lights up.

<RogetGMs> *Burnination*

<Soulless> Elanor looks… unhappy?

<Soulless> Unhappy. Distinctly. But she hides it well a moment later.

<Recursive> Wiley's jaw drops for a second, but then he gets over it.

<Soulless> She instead sheafs through the papers.

<Recursive> "That was… unexpected."

<Optimal> Doug howls. "Wooooo, yeah! Shit's burnin hot!"

<Soulless> Elanor stays quiet lest her big mouth say anything and continues sheafing through papers.

<Soulless> She doesn't even lookat the fire.

<ZombieRaptor> ".. Damn, haven't seen a flamethrower used since Korea." Jay's forgotten how intensely hot they are.

<RogetGMs> Elanor, yer distracted by the fire.

<RogetGMs> There's… something in there.

<RogetGMs> perc

<Optimal> "Heh. Wouldn't let me carry one in the Philippines. They're damn cool tho…"

<Optimal> 4df+3 Perc

<Glacon> Optimal: Perc: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)

<ZombieRaptor> "Explode like a bomb when shot though, I wouldn't want tah carry one."

<Soulless> 4df+5 perc

<Glacon> Soulless: perc: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, -)

<Soulless> Elanor looks to the fire then!

<Soulless> She narrows.

<Soulless> *narrows her gaze

<RogetGMs> Elanor, you see a shifting humanoid shape in the middle of the blazing inferno.

<RogetGMs> Doug, you see movement in the fire.

<Soulless> She drops her papes and starts screaming.

<Optimal> "Wait…"

<Soulless> "STOP! STOP! THERE'S A PERSON IN THERE!"

<Soulless> "STOP STOP STOP STOP"

<Soulless> She starts running.

<Optimal> Doug pulls out his firearm and points his gun towards the figure.

<Recursive> Wiley looks, and presumably sees it, and follows Elanor.

<Soulless> Elanor is running to the fire.

<Soulless> Elanor. You idiot.

<RogetGMs> The soldiers all yell a variant of "What? You said it was clear!"

<RogetGMs> They shut off the flamethrowers though

<ZombieRaptor> Jay looks, bringing up his rifle. "It /was/ clear!"

<Soulless> "THERE'S A PERSON IN THERE! PUT OUT THE FIRE! PUT IT OUT!"

<Optimal> "It WAS clear!"

<RogetGMs> Elanor, roll pdef as you approach the fire

<Soulless> 4df+3

<Recursive> Wiley looks around for water, or something.

<Glacon> Soulless: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)

<Optimal> Doug holds his gun on the being. "That ain't a person!"

<Soulless> Presumably no one stopping her, she tries to enter the fire.

<RogetGMs> A giant black arm sideswipes Elanor as she gets close to the fire, knocking her away.

<Optimal> Doug yells out to the commanding officer. "The being is attacking out personnel! Should I open fire sir?"

<Soulless> "I'm not here to hurt you! Please come out, we won't hurt you!"

<Recursive> Wiley stops looking for water, and rushes to help Elanor.

<Optimal> *our

<RogetGMs> "Open fire!"

<ZombieRaptor> Jay fires. "Elanor!" *crackcrack*

<RogetGMs> An ashey humanoid figure rises from the now-less intense fire. It buoys in the wind

<Optimal> 4df+4 (yay) Boom Boom!

<ZombieRaptor> 4df+6 Pewpew?

<Glacon> Optimal: (yay) Boom Boom!: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)

<Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Pewpew?: 4 (4df+6=-, -, -, +)

<Soulless> She is knocked away.

<RogetGMs> 4df+3 omg stahp

<Glacon> RogetGMs: omg stahp: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)

<Soulless> "Wait why are you shooting? WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING?"

<Soulless> "STOP!"

<Recursive> "Uh, Elanor, it may have just attacked you. It seems to be hostile."

<RogetGMs> The boolits from Jay's gun blows up a huge cloud of ash. It thrashes around

<Soulless> "No it's not you utter gun-toting excuse for a person!"

<Soulless> She gets up and approaches it further. Can she use her prophecy to get an idea of what it is?

<Optimal> "Elanor! What the fuck are you doing?"

<Recursive> "I'm literally the only one not shooting. Except for you."

<ZombieRaptor> Are the UN guys not shooting anymore?

<ZombieRaptor> Or did they shoot at all?

<Soulless> Elanor wansn't looking at the shooters herpa herpa Elanor is silly. She huffs. "Then the other shooters!"

<Optimal> "Get outta the damn way!"

<RogetGMs> Yeah, it's not really alive, it just kind of… exist. The GOC is standing down and watching Psi-7

<Soulless> Can Elanor use her prophecy to figure out what it is?

<RogetGMs> Sure

<Recursive> Wiley watches Elanor and shakes his head.

<RogetGMs> The fire has almost gone out, without the fuel from the flamethrowers

<Soulless> 4df+3 Elanor reaches out soft. "Shh it's okay it's okay, please calm down, come out of the fire dear…"

<Glacon> Soulless: Elanor reaches out soft. "Shh it's okay it's okay, please calm down, come out of the fire dear…": 6 (4df+3=+, 0, +, +)

<Soulless> She closes her eyes and tries to concentrate.

<ZombieRaptor> Jay has his gun aimed right at whatever the thing has for a head, but isn't firing anymore.

<RogetGMs> It's fading away with the fire, Elanor. It's not really a living thing, just a reaction to an old Way being destroyed.

<Soulless> She sighs. "Okay, leave it be to burn."

<Recursive> Wiley steps back behind the guys with guns.

<Soulless> "It's not a person, it's just a… reaction."

<Soulless> She says quieter. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

<RogetGMs> As she says that, it wisps away. The GOC all begin filing back towards the truck.

<Soulless> Elanor collects some ashes to remember it by.

<Recursive> Wiley follows, taking glances back at the burning… thing.

<Soulless> She goes back and collects the papers again.

<RogetGMs> The GOC guys file into the truck. "Let's get a move on!"

<Recursive> Wiley hops back in.

<Soulless> Elanor slowly steps back in, her emotions going from relieved, to angry.

<ZombieRaptor> Jay lowers his rifle and heads back to the truck.. "You alright there Elanor?" She did take a hard hit

<Soulless> She quietly fumes and sheafs through the papers, putting the ashes awya.

<Optimal> Doug lowers his gun and puts it back into his holster. "Goddammit…"

<Optimal> He climbs into the back of the truck.

<Soulless> "Yes. I'm fine. Please don't talk to me for the rest of the trip. I do hope we can be better strangers from this point on"

<Soulless> She sheafs quietly.

<Soulless> (remove the "I do hope we can be better strangers" bit)

<ZombieRaptor> "…" He frowns a bit but doesn't speak

<RogetGMs> The truck starts up and heads back… to ic1, where they will be debriefed later!

<Recursive> "Ouch." Wiley chuckles a bit towards Doug.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License