Bait and Switch

[2014-07-13 21:09:32] <Roget> The Administrator is at the front of the site, holding a set of dossiers and smoking a cigarette.
[2014-07-13 21:10:03] <TeslaTornado> Serge arrives a few moments later, having stopped to get his rifle and his supplies.

[2014-07-13 21:10:35] <Wixelt> Wilson arrives at the front of the site
[2014-07-13 21:10:45] <Wogglebug> Bart is there.
[2014-07-13 21:10:48] <Roget> "Hello there, uh, agents."
[2014-07-13 21:11:31] <TeslaTornado> "Bonjour, monsieur Administrator."
[2014-07-13 21:11:51] <Wogglebug> Bart waves, smiling.
[2014-07-13 21:12:06] <Wixelt> "Good Afternoon Sir"
[2014-07-13 21:12:07] <Sax> Jon arrives.
[2014-07-13 21:12:18] <Balthazaar> Emily wanders out the front, tying her hair back
[2014-07-13 21:12:20] <Roget> "We've got an, uh, different sort of mission for you today."
[2014-07-13 21:12:23] <Vorcha> Mack was in the right place all along what are you talking about
[2014-07-13 21:12:32] <Wixelt> "…Different?"
[2014-07-13 21:12:36] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns
[2014-07-13 21:12:45] <TeslaTornado> Serge's face lights up. "Are we going to the woods?"
[2014-07-13 21:12:58] <ihp> Jacob reports to the front of the site after a fashion, tinkering with a radio.
[2014-07-13 21:13:35] <Roget> "I'm sure you're all aware of the, uh, Insurgency defection. We're not sure what strength they stand at now, since we've got most of their previously accounted for members listed as, uh, dead, after the last encounter with them."
[2014-07-13 21:14:14] <TeslaTornado> "Oh." Serge frowns. He doesn't like thinking about that.
[2014-07-13 21:14:22] <Vorcha> "If we're killing people I uh, am definitely not the best guy for this assignment.
[2014-07-13 21:14:23] <Vorcha> "
[2014-07-13 21:14:24] <TeslaTornado> "They tried to trap the spirit of decay in the forest."
[2014-07-13 21:14:26] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns, his face betraying that he has no idea what the Admin is talking about.
[2014-07-13 21:14:28] <TeslaTornado> "It did not work."
[2014-07-13 21:15:20] <ihp> Jacob tries not to snicker. He just can't take any organization that calls itself the "Chaos Insurgency" seriously. It's like they have zero self-awareness.
[2014-07-13 21:15:49] <Roget> "No, this is infiltration. We've created six identities, and you're going to be posing as defectors, to see what their current capabilities are."
[2014-07-13 21:16:28] <Vorcha> Mackenzie smiles. This he can do.
[2014-07-13 21:16:44] <TeslaTornado> Serge frowns. "Like in France. Oh no."
[2014-07-13 21:16:55] <Wixelt> Wilson nods "I see" An idea of what's going on begins to form in his head.
[2014-07-13 21:17:00] <Wogglebug> Bart waits.
[2014-07-13 21:17:02] <ihp> Jacob frowns. His appearance is a tad… distinctive. He scratches at an ear softly. "So long as I don't have to shoot anything."
[2014-07-13 21:17:24] <Sax> "… I am not a very good liar."
[2014-07-13 21:17:26] <Roget> "Now, we've got a set of six dossiers here. One is for an assistant directot of containment, the rest are support roles."
[2014-07-13 21:17:39] <Vorcha> "I should probably take the lead on this one."
[2014-07-13 21:17:49] <TeslaTornado> "I should be as far from the lead as I can be."
[2014-07-13 21:18:02] <Wogglebug> Bart looks at the new guy, stifling laughter.
[2014-07-13 21:18:07] <Balthazaar> "Well, I'm an actress, if that helps." She grins
[2014-07-13 21:18:10] <ihp> "Likewise. I can't lie for crap."
[2014-07-13 21:18:11] <Roget> "We've only got one female identity" he looks to Emily. "It's an, uh, for a receptionist."
[2014-07-13 21:18:31] <TeslaTornado> Serge goes and stands by Bart, shuffling a little.
[2014-07-13 21:18:34] <Vorcha> Mack looks at Bart. "Somethin' about my suggestion amusing?"
[2014-07-13 21:18:34] <Balthazaar> ~Of course.~ "Okay."
[2014-07-13 21:18:46] <Wogglebug> Bart didn't say anything, or indicate anything.
[2014-07-13 21:18:54] <Wogglebug> He's just standing there, being old.
[2014-07-13 21:19:09] <Roget> http://pastebin.com/y1eYPHkQ these are the identities everyone gets
[2014-07-13 21:19:38] <Wogglebug> Bart looks at this. "Err."
[2014-07-13 21:19:48] <Wogglebug> "What sort of labor am I supposed to be doing?"
[2014-07-13 21:19:52] <Wogglebug> He's at least 90.
[2014-07-13 21:20:09] <Roget> "You look like you could, uh, lift something."
[2014-07-13 21:20:13] <Wixelt> Wilson looks at his new ID "Optometrist, Hmm…"
[2014-07-13 21:20:21] <ihp> Jacob frowns, and looks at Serge's identity. "…you're joking. Do you even know the first thing about a circuit?"
[2014-07-13 21:20:34] <Wogglebug> "I.. err."
[2014-07-13 21:20:39] <TeslaTornado> "No?"
[2014-07-13 21:20:40] <Wogglebug> "Alrighty."
[2014-07-13 21:20:52] <TeslaTornado> "I know they are…" Serge knits his brows together.
[2014-07-13 21:20:53] <ihp> "…Manager. Manager of what? A restaurant?"
[2014-07-13 21:21:00] <Balthazaar> "Maria Doss, right." Emily nods and starts getting into character
[2014-07-13 21:21:07] <TeslaTornado> 4df+0 (Academics + Engineering) what the fuck is a circuit
[2014-07-13 21:21:08] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Academics + Engineering) what the fuck is a circuit: -1 (4df+0=3+, 4-, 4-, 0)
[2014-07-13 21:21:35] <Roget> It's like a cereal
[2014-07-13 21:21:35] <Wixelt> "Steve Brule…"
[2014-07-13 21:21:59] <Wogglebug> Do the identities have pictures attached, or could they trade?
[2014-07-13 21:21:59] <TeslaTornado> "… It is a cereal, no?" Serge says it to cereal.
[2014-07-13 21:22:02] <Wixelt> Wilson turns to Emily "Do I look like I could be a Steve?"
[2014-07-13 21:22:14] <TeslaTornado> "Like the, uh, Cheerios, or what it is that you call them?"
[2014-07-13 21:22:25] <ihp> Jacob stares at Serge. "…Mother of God. /Nobody/ let this man near anything electrical." Jacob look at his cover ID; is there a photo on his, or are they interchangable?
[2014-07-13 21:22:45] <Roget> "If you're all, uh, ready, the car is waiting." there is a photo and physical description
[2014-07-13 21:23:11] <Wogglebug> Bart shrugs, and boards the car.
[2014-07-13 21:23:16] <ihp> Jacob frowns, and closes his photo. "Dang it."
[2014-07-13 21:23:23] <TeslaTornado> "What, they are not cereal?" Serge frowns and climbs into the car.
[2014-07-13 21:23:25] <ihp> His file*
[2014-07-13 21:23:33] <TeslaTornado> As he goes he concentrates very hard on reading.
[2014-07-13 21:23:37] <Balthazaar> Maria looks at Wilson. "Could be if you wanted to be, hon."
[2014-07-13 21:23:39] <TeslaTornado> his file, rather.
[2014-07-13 21:23:41] <Roget> Everyone, hop into tooltime for the transit!
[2014-07-13 21:23:49] <ihp> Jacob sighs, looking over his file. What is he manager /of?/?
[2014-07-13 21:24:04] <Wixelt> 'Steve' climbs into the front passenger seat of the car
[2014-07-13 21:24:33] <Roget> Some buerocratic words
[2014-07-13 23:20:57] <Vorcha> Mack falls against a wall, loosening his tie.
[2014-07-13 23:21:06] <Vorcha> fuck
[2014-07-13 21:24:47] <Vorcha> 4df+12 taggin set of skills for getting into character as a ridiculously goodlooking assistant director who contains good
[2014-07-13 21:24:48] <Glacon> Vorcha: taggin set of skills for getting into character as a ridiculously goodlooking assistant director who contains good: 15 (4df+12=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2014-07-13 21:24:59] <Balthazaar> Emily hops into the car, presumably after having someone open the door for her as is proper
[2014-07-13 21:25:08] <Roget> The car scrunches forward on the gravel and begins heading out. Once everyone is inside, of course.
[2014-07-13 21:26:03] <Wixelt> Wilson looks straight ahead, watching the road passing by.
[2014-07-13 21:26:09] <Roget> "Alright, so yer all gonna be dropped off, at about eighteen and a quarter miles from here. You got a pickup awaiting there."
[2014-07-13 21:26:33] <TeslaTornado> "Okay. Jacob… I need to see into your head. You know about circuit things, right?" Serge looks like he is pleading with you.
[2014-07-13 21:26:55] <ihp> Jacob /frowns/. "God damn it. It's like our roles are all mis-matched. The newbie gets the Head of Containment, the best liar among us is a receptionist, I'm a manager of some bureaucratic thing that would make a member of the IRS cream themselves, and -" Jacob blinks, and sighs. "Let me explain what I can in eighteen miles…"
[2014-07-13 21:26:55] <Wogglebug> Bart decides to pretend to be some sort of Janitor.
[2014-07-13 21:26:59] <Vorcha> Mackenzie was born with the perfect bonestructure of a containment specialist.
[2014-07-13 21:27:26] <ihp> 4df+12 Academics+Engineering+Electrician, capping at 12. Jacob tries to explain basic principles of Electricity to Serge, and some basic things like how to repair a lamp or work a radio.
[2014-07-13 21:27:26] <Glacon> ihp: Academics+Engineering+Electrician, capping at 12. Jacob tries to explain basic principles of Electricity to Serge, and some basic things like how to repair a lamp or work a radio.: 13 (4df+12=3+, 0, 0, 0)
[2014-07-13 21:27:52] <Wogglebug> Bart….. thinks about famous laborers throughout history? Shit.
[2014-07-13 21:27:58] <Wogglebug> Maybe he'll just act like a communist.
[2014-07-13 21:28:15] <TeslaTornado> 4df+3 (Psychic) Serge attempts to information sponge images and words from Jacob's head while Jacob explains.
[2014-07-13 21:28:15] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Psychic) Serge attempts to information sponge images and words from Jacob's head while Jacob explains.: 3 (4df+3=3+, 0, 0, 4-)
[2014-07-13 21:28:21] <Wixelt> Wilson looks at his fake ID
[2014-07-13 21:28:29] <Roget> The fake ID looks back
[2014-07-13 21:28:48] <Wixelt> Wilson finds this disconcerting.
[2014-07-13 21:28:50] <Wixelt> He tries to work out what kind of person 'Steve' is.
[2014-07-13 21:29:07] <Roget> The words "check it out" float through his mind.
[2014-07-13 21:29:18] <Wogglebug> Bart studies his backstory thoroughly.
[2014-07-13 21:29:36] <TeslaTornado> Serge is busy trying to learn electricity in 18 miles.
[2014-07-13 21:29:38] <Wixelt> (Oh, I assumed the ID was simply a card or something)
[2014-07-13 21:29:48] <Vorcha> Mackenzie stares at his portfolio. He is the Zoolander.
[2014-07-13 21:29:50] <Roget> It's a dossier of information
[2014-07-13 21:29:58] <Wixelt> Wilson reads his then.
[2014-07-13 21:30:01] <ihp> Jacob looks over his file intermittently as he explains electricity to Serge. He's now explaining how a battery works.
[2014-07-13 21:30:11] <TeslaTornado> Serge is soaking up this information.
[2014-07-13 21:30:13] <Roget> Bart, says here that Ian never graduated high school, and worked in various labor jobs throughout his life.
[2014-07-13 21:30:15] <Balthazaar> Emily alters her makeup a bit, tucks her blouse into her skirt, and stows her gun in her purse
[2014-07-13 21:30:43] <Wogglebug> 4df+12 If there's one thing Bart's good at, it's reading about extremely boring things.
[2014-07-13 21:30:44] <Glacon> Wogglebug: If there's one thing Bart's good at, it's reading about extremely boring things.: 14 (4df+12=3+, 0, 3+, 0)
[2014-07-13 21:31:01] <Roget> Wilson, it says you graduated from John Hopkins a few years ago, and you've been with the Foundation since then.
[2014-07-13 21:31:20] <ihp> "…and that is why you always wear insulating clothing when working with a live wire."
[2014-07-13 21:31:21] <Balthazaar> Emily reads over her file, quiet
[2014-07-13 21:31:29] <Wixelt> Wilson nods to himself. He should be able to work with this.
[2014-07-13 21:31:42] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks mildly horrified. "Why would people work with things like that?!"
[2014-07-13 21:31:46] <Roget> Emily, yours is pretty plain. Went to secretariat school, became a secretaty, went with your boss when he joined the FGoundation.
[2014-07-13 21:32:02] <ihp> What does Jacob's file say?
[2014-07-13 21:32:40] <ihp> "Because sometimes the wire can't be turned off. In most cases, it's best to trip the breaker or kill the power entirely before working with electricity, but sometimes, that's not an option."
[2014-07-13 21:32:48] <Balthazaar> Emily sighs. Another bread and butter role, nothing that'll get her noticed, just one that'll have the director trying to get her tio come back to his place
[2014-07-13 21:32:51] <Roget> That Heinrich began as a middle manager in human resources, and slowly took on more and more beurocratic jobs until his title became "Second Assistant to the Vice Director of Resupply"
[2014-07-13 21:33:25] <TeslaTornado> Serge shudders. "I like trees better. Trees do not shock you or burn you unless they are on fire." He painstakingly reads through his own file.
[2014-07-13 21:33:39] <ihp> Jacob sighs. "Generic Bureaucrat #2521. "
[2014-07-13 21:34:13] <Vorcha> "Everyone got it down?" Mackenzie is sitting more properly.
[2014-07-13 21:34:26] <Roget> Serge, says here that you've been working as en electrician since the war, and spent some time in Germany as part of the Marshall plan, fixing up electirc rail lines
[2014-07-13 21:34:33] <ihp> Jacob tries a fake German accent, but the best he gets is a real Southern accent.
[2014-07-13 21:34:52] <Wixelt> "Definetely" Wilson replies
[2014-07-13 21:34:57] <TeslaTornado> "Non."
[2014-07-13 21:35:04] <TeslaTornado> "Not at all."
[2014-07-13 21:35:20] <ihp> Jacob explains the Marshall Plan to Serge a bit.
[2014-07-13 21:35:27] <Balthazaar> ""Of course, Mr. Zoolander."
[2014-07-13 21:35:33] <TeslaTornado> Serge nods. "Ohh."
[2014-07-13 21:36:06] <Wogglebug> "Does anyone here have cigarettes or perhaps a cigar? Toothpicks would do."
[2014-07-13 21:36:08] <Roget> Mackenzie, you can see that you worked with Jamie Regal for a number of years, but his personality and the low pay caused you to want to defect from the Foundation. You're supposed to be into money, and a good working environment.
[2014-07-13 21:36:11] <Balthazaar> Emilys voice sounds different, she holds herself different, she basically /is/ Maria Doss
[2014-07-13 21:36:47] <ihp> Jacob stares at Emily. "…how do y'all do that?"
[2014-07-13 21:36:49] <TeslaTornado> Serge is still definitively Serge. You can't take that much French out of somebody.
[2014-07-13 21:37:10] <ihp> Jacob facepalms as he hears "y'all" come out of his mouth. "God fuck these accents…"
[2014-07-13 21:37:21] <Wixelt> Wilson looks at Emily in slight awe. He knew she was a good actor, but he's never seen her in that state of mind until now.
[2014-07-13 21:37:45] <Vorcha> "Okay, Serge.. You don't look like you got anything down really.. Let me give you some pointers on pretending you do?"
[2014-07-13 21:37:47] <TeslaTornado> Serge is unperturbed by Emily's shift in character. He's still worrying about how the hell to become a completely different person.
[2014-07-13 21:38:02] <Wixelt> Wilson's slight British accent comes through no matter what he tries.
[2014-07-13 21:38:04] <TeslaTornado> He looks at Mackenzie in desperation.
[2014-07-13 21:38:16] <Wixelt> He frowns
[2014-07-13 21:38:40] <Vorcha> 4df+12 Tagging set of skills jesus christ are you sure He hasn't been Zoolander this entire time Serge? Take pointers.
[2014-07-13 21:38:40] <Glacon> Vorcha: Tagging set of skills jesus christ are you sure He hasn't been Zoolander this entire time Serge? Take pointers.: 13 (4df+12=4-, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2014-07-13 21:39:04] <ihp> Jacob sighs, thinking 'fuck it all' with the accent. He'll just do his east-coast one he learned so he wouldn't sound like an utter idiot at MIT.
[2014-07-13 21:39:10] <Wogglebug> Bart decides to say fuck it to his cover identity and just be himself.
[2014-07-13 21:39:12] <TeslaTornado> 4df (Academics) LEARNING ANYTHING IS HARD
[2014-07-13 21:39:13] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Academics) LEARNING ANYTHING IS HARD: 1 (4df=3+, 4-, 0, 3+)
[2014-07-13 21:39:14] <Wogglebug> He's a free spirit.
[2014-07-13 21:39:47] <Wixelt> Wilson chooses to roll with his accent. It's only a slight one anyway.
[2014-07-13 21:40:24] <Vorcha> Mackenzie's got a new voice down, his postures different too. He genuinely does have an atmosphere of directing things.
[2014-07-13 21:40:27] <ihp> "So, why are we defecting to the…" Jacob snrks. "Chaos Insurgency?"
[2014-07-13 21:40:50] <Wixelt> Wilson looks at his dossier for clues to Jacob's question
[2014-07-13 21:41:14] <TeslaTornado> Serge is busy trying to learn how to act.
[2014-07-13 21:41:18] <Vorcha> "They pay better and the environment's not more rigid than a stick up a bureaucrat's ass."
[2014-07-13 21:41:18] <Balthazaar> "I'm just going with my boss." Emily smiles pleasantly. "After all, I'm the only one that knows his paperwork inside and out." She chuckles
[2014-07-13 21:42:14] <Wogglebug> Ben has a wonderful idea.
[2014-07-13 21:42:17] <Wogglebug> "I KNOW."
[2014-07-13 21:42:24] <Wogglebug> "If they ask."
[2014-07-13 21:42:29] <ihp> "…well, I /am/ a Bureaucrat."
[2014-07-13 21:42:32] <Wogglebug> "I have laryngitis, and can't talk."
[2014-07-13 21:42:38] <Wogglebug> He winks heavily.
[2014-07-13 21:42:50] <TeslaTornado> Serge nods at Ben. "Oui, and you got me sick."
[2014-07-13 21:42:53] <Wixelt> "That… might work actually"
[2014-07-13 21:42:54] <Wogglebug> (Bart)
[2014-07-13 21:42:58] <TeslaTornado> In his head, he tries to figure out how to say "laryngitis".
[2014-07-13 21:43:07] <Daedalus> (If they ask, /all/ of you have laryngitis)
[2014-07-13 21:43:16] <Vorcha> (Except for the two Actors)
[2014-07-13 21:43:18] <Wogglebug> "Laryngitis is generally spread thr- nevermind."
[2014-07-13 21:43:33] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks at you innocently, Bart. He tilts his head.
[2014-07-13 21:43:36] <ihp> "…what's my excuse for being here? Am I a prisoner or something?"
[2014-07-13 21:43:41] <TeslaTornado> Dear god he really is like an eleven year old.
[2014-07-13 21:43:44] <Wixelt> (Wilson's accent is only faint. He cna probably get away with it)
[2014-07-13 21:44:35] <Vorcha> "Check your folder. Mine says that the head director was a prick and I got better money and a nicer environment with the insurgency."
[2014-07-13 21:44:57] <Wixelt> Wilson checks his folder
[2014-07-13 21:45:05] <ihp> Jacob looks through his folder. Why is he defecting???
[2014-07-13 21:45:11] <Vorcha> we don't know Roget's dead
[2014-07-13 21:45:18] <TeslaTornado> (He'll be back.)
[2014-07-13 21:45:21] <Wixelt> (He might be)
[2014-07-13 21:45:52] <Wogglebug> His router got fucked up.
[2014-07-13 21:45:56] <Wogglebug> By his sister, I think.
[2014-07-13 21:46:00] <Wogglebug> He'll be right back.
[2014-07-13 21:52:37] <Roget> "We're about to the drop point, you all prepped?"
[2014-07-13 21:52:58] <Vorcha> "As we can be."
[2014-07-13 21:53:04] <ihp> ~Somewhat.~
[2014-07-13 21:53:06] <TeslaTornado> Serge gives his file one last desperate reading.
[2014-07-13 21:53:16] <Wixelt> "We'll have to make do"
[2014-07-13 21:53:21] <TeslaTornado> Looking for anything that can help him.
[2014-07-13 21:53:21] <Vorcha> Roget ; Wilson and Jacob are searching for why they defected
[2014-07-13 21:53:44] <Wogglebug> Bart doesn't say anything, but winks a bunch at the people in the van. He looks excited.
[2014-07-13 21:54:10] <Balthazaar> "Of course un." ~Oh dear god he's winking…~
[2014-07-13 21:54:11] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks terrified.
[2014-07-13 21:54:17] <Roget> The car creaks to a stop, and you see a shady limo pull up. "Yer gonna want to get in there. Good luck." Wilson and Jacob were threatend with losing their jobs because of budgetary and necessity reasons
[2014-07-13 21:54:32] <Roget> There are two people in combat fatigues driving the van.
[2014-07-13 21:54:50] <ihp> Jacob frowns, leaving his file in the last van. He doesn't want it to be found on him, in any capacity.
[2014-07-13 21:55:01] <TeslaTornado> Serge gets out of the van and goes to the shady looking limo, looking appropriately terrified. He leaves his own file in the van as well.
[2014-07-13 21:55:08] <Wogglebug> Bart follows.
[2014-07-13 21:55:14] <Wixelt> Wilson, or rather, 'Steve', steps out of the van, leaving the file behind.
[2014-07-13 21:55:16] <Roget> *limo, not van
[2014-07-13 21:55:16] <Wogglebug> Once in the limo, he searches for free booze.
[2014-07-13 21:55:18] <Balthazaar> Emily leaves her file and demurely steps up to the van
[2014-07-13 21:55:19] <Vorcha> Zoolander gets out, walking confidently. He needs no file. He is the Zoolander.
[2014-07-13 21:55:27] <Roget> They're getting in a limo.
[2014-07-13 21:55:44] <Wogglebug> 4df+12 Free booze check
[2014-07-13 21:55:48] <Glacon> Wogglebug: Free booze check: 11 (4df+12=4-, 0, 3+, 4-)
[2014-07-13 21:56:00] <Roget> Nope
[2014-07-13 21:56:01] <ihp> Jacob blinks. ~You are kidding.~ He gets into the limo, flopping down into it. "Where are we going? A portal to Hollywood?"
[2014-07-13 21:56:04] <Wixelt> Wilson gets into the limo
[2014-07-13 21:56:22] <Wogglebug> Bart pantomimes dying a little on the inside.
[2014-07-13 21:56:23] <Roget> "Now, you kids buckle up back there. We don't want anyone getting hurt."
[2014-07-13 21:56:32] <Wogglebug> Bart doesn't buckle up.
[2014-07-13 21:56:33] <TeslaTornado> Serge tries on an American accent. It's… Not as bad as it could be. "Maybe?"
[2014-07-13 21:56:36] <Balthazaar> Emily buckles up
[2014-07-13 21:57:00] <Wogglebug> Bart thinks buckles are a construct put in place by capitalist pigs, to repress the working man.
[2014-07-13 21:57:10] <TeslaTornado> Serge huddles into the closest thing to a corner in the limo.
[2014-07-13 21:57:14] <Wixelt> Wilson buckles up
[2014-07-13 21:57:23] <TeslaTornado> And takes as many buckles as he can and buckles them around himself.
[2014-07-13 21:57:27] <Vorcha> Mack buckles up and winks at Emily.
[2014-07-13 21:57:32] <Roget> The driver floors the accelerator, and the limo roars out onto a back road at a speed several tims what the vehicle was intended to drive at.
[2014-07-13 21:57:41] <Roget> *VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*
[2014-07-13 21:58:13] <Balthazaar> Emily smiles shyly. She hopes Mack will be a good boss
[2014-07-13 21:58:31] <TeslaTornado> ~OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD~
[2014-07-13 21:58:35] <Wixelt> Wilson resists yelping at the sudden change in speed
[2014-07-13 21:58:42] <Wogglebug> Bart shifts his briefcase slightly.
[2014-07-13 21:58:45] <Roget> They tear through the forest, with trees passing by like a blur
[2014-07-13 21:58:48] <TeslaTornado> Serge's eyes go wide.
[2014-07-13 21:58:56] <Vorcha> "There's no booze." He comments dryly.
[2014-07-13 21:59:08] <ihp> "…I THINK THAT ALCOHOL IS THE LAST THING WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT, DIRECTOR."
[2014-07-13 21:59:34] <Roget> They skid around a corner, and dive into an unmarked road. The interior of the car is cast in shadow, and you're not quite sure where you are anymore…
[2014-07-13 21:59:49] <Wixelt> ~…the hell?~
[2014-07-13 21:59:50] <Wogglebug> Bart tries to keep track anyway.
[2014-07-13 21:59:57] <Balthazaar> As an actress, Emily wants to tell Jacob to stop shouting, but as a receptionist, MAria knows it's not her place to do so
[2014-07-13 22:00:09] <Vorcha> "Worry about what you want. I'll let you stiffs get the grey hairs." He chuckles.
[2014-07-13 22:00:31] <ihp> "…I was kidding about that portal…"
[2014-07-13 22:00:34] <Roget> They suddenly come to a screeching halt. "Alright, get out. You'll be escorted inside."
[2014-07-13 22:00:36] <TeslaTornado> Serge, acting or no, looks like he is fearing for his life.
[2014-07-13 22:00:49] <TeslaTornado> "You do not have to tell me twice!" Serge gets out of the limo and all but kisses the ground.
[2014-07-13 22:00:50] <Wogglebug> Bart schuffles out.
[2014-07-13 22:00:55] <Wixelt> "Director, drinking right now would not be good for your eyesight"
[2014-07-13 22:01:08] <Wixelt> Wilson works that fake proffesion.
[2014-07-13 22:01:20] <ihp> Jacob tries to conceal his feelings. He is a soulless bureaucrat. It might work better if he had red hair, but hey. He gets out of the limo.
[2014-07-13 22:01:23] <Vorcha> He steps out and straightens his tie, holding the door for his secretary.
[2014-07-13 22:01:36] <Wogglebug> Bart is already holding the door.
[2014-07-13 22:01:45] <Wogglebug> He stares Mack down.
[2014-07-13 22:01:54] <Vorcha> He stares at the lowly janitor.
[2014-07-13 22:01:55] <Roget> There's a small bunker entrance in front of you.
[2014-07-13 22:02:06] <Wogglebug> ~There's only one door holder in this town motherfucker.~
[2014-07-13 22:02:20] <Vorcha> ~Isn't there a rock that needs sweeping old man~
[2014-07-13 22:02:31] <Wixelt> Wilson gets out of the limo and stares at the bunker entrance concernedly.
[2014-07-13 22:02:52] <ihp> Jacob looks at Mackenzie. "Well, Director?"
[2014-07-13 22:03:14] <Balthazaar> Emily steps out demurely, standing by quietly
[2014-07-13 22:03:22] <Vorcha> "We're waiting on Ms.Doss." He all but growls at this janitors nerve
[2014-07-13 22:03:35] <Wogglebug> His mustache might eat you, Mack.
[2014-07-13 22:03:45] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks at the bunker entrance like it's a gift from god. "Anywhere is better than that car." He hustles through the bunker door.
[2014-07-13 22:04:01] <Vorcha> ~What's he gonna do, gum me to death?~
[2014-07-13 22:04:03] <Roget> A man in a lab coat and a shiny badge emerges from the entrance. "Mister Zoolander and, uh, company, I presume?"
[2014-07-13 22:04:21] <Wixelt> "Mr. Loshe, if you might refrain from challenging your superiors?"
[2014-07-13 22:04:21] <Vorcha> He lets go of the door and smiles at the man. "You presume correctly, Mr..?"
[2014-07-13 22:04:21] <Balthazaar> "Sorry sir! I just had to get my purse in order…" She goes and stands by The Mack attack
[2014-07-13 22:04:43] <Wogglebug> Bart closes the door.
[2014-07-13 22:04:44] <Roget> "My name is Damien Forester, and I'm the Director of Practical Applications."
[2014-07-13 22:05:26] <TeslaTornado> Serge grins. He extends a hand. "I am Harry Blane. It is nice to meet you, mister Forester."
[2014-07-13 22:06:02] <ihp> Jacob just stands back, pushing up his glasses and hmphing. FROWN.
[2014-07-13 22:06:23] <Roget> "You're the electrician, right? Maybe you can look at some of our automatic locks. We've been having some issues with them lately."
[2014-07-13 22:06:26] <Wogglebug> Bart stands by the limo, trying to look communist.
[2014-07-13 22:06:30] <Roget> he shakes "Harry"s hand
[2014-07-13 22:06:32] <TeslaTornado> "I will do what I can."
[2014-07-13 22:06:33] <Vorcha> "Well, let's hurry on with it. Time is money and it's hard to buy patience." He frowns at the lowly Serge, an electrician offering to shake a /directors/ hand?
[2014-07-13 22:06:34] <Vorcha> Blasphemy.
[2014-07-13 22:06:46] <TeslaTornado> Damian might note his hand is being clamped down on like a bear trap has got hold of it.
[2014-07-13 22:07:17] <Wixelt> Wilson just stands there looking as stoic as possible.
[2014-07-13 22:07:23] <Roget> Damien doesn't seem to notice. He looks over and smiles at 'Derek'. "Ah, the man of the hour! Come with me, we can show you the work we've been doing!"
[2014-07-13 22:08:05] <Vorcha> "Fantastic." He grins at Damien.
[2014-07-13 22:08:49] <Roget> Damien turns, and walks into the bunker. "Mind the steps."
[2014-07-13 22:08:59] <ihp> 'Heinrich' frowns. Frooooown. Then again, Jacob usually looks like a grump anyways. He's just a slightly-less-attractive-than-usual grump. He follows them into the bunker, silently.
[2014-07-13 22:09:05] <TeslaTornado> In his head, Serge locks away the phrase "issues with the automatic locks".
[2014-07-13 22:09:48] <Balthazaar> 'Maria' follows after Derek, ready to start her new job
[2014-07-13 22:09:58] <Wogglebug> Bart takes up the rear, looking for escape routes.
[2014-07-13 22:10:04] <TeslaTornado> He goes and looks for… Wires, and stuff.
[2014-07-13 22:10:04] <Wixelt> Wilson relaxes slightly, before following behind the others
[2014-07-13 22:10:05] <Vorcha> Derek follows Damien down, idly smoothing his suit out.
[2014-07-13 22:10:31] <ihp> Jacob whispers some things to Serge, about checking crossed wires and replacing capacitors, before looking around, adjusting his tie.
[2014-07-13 22:10:45] <Roget> They walk down a considerable flight of stairs, until they come out to a work area. Technicians scurry this way and that, fixing computers up and installing walls and doors. There are painters, and builders, all working in a huge construction site.
[2014-07-13 22:10:45] <ihp> In the back of his head, he's thinking about how much this is going to suck.
[2014-07-13 22:10:55] <Roget> "Sorry for the mess. We're still getting settled in our new lodgings."
[2014-07-13 22:11:17] <TeslaTornado> Serge tries to remember what that capacitor thing is. He walks and looks around.
[2014-07-13 22:11:25] <Roget> "But this is just the ground floor, the lower holding areas and adminstrative offices are nearly complete."
[2014-07-13 22:11:58] <Vorcha> "It's fine. Ian was talking about how much he was looking forward to help with the heavy lifting, weren't you Ian?"
[2014-07-13 22:12:03] <Roget> You all can see some familier faces among the workers. Former coworkers, maybe. Or maybe you see the face of a man who drove you to a mission, intercut amongst the strangers.
[2014-07-13 22:12:04] <Vorcha> He looks at Bart all smarmy
[2014-07-13 22:12:13] <Wogglebug> Bart notes everything's locations, and plans escape routes.
[2014-07-13 22:12:19] <Roget> "That's good to hear! We need every hand on deck these days."
[2014-07-13 22:12:44] <Roget> "Saving humanity with our power isn't going to happen without a little work, is it?" he chuckles.
[2014-07-13 22:13:09] <ihp> Jacob's nose wrinkles at the scent of paint.
[2014-07-13 22:13:36] <Wixelt> Wilson looks aroundas he walks, making sure to take in any important details about the area
[2014-07-13 22:13:50] <ihp> He's probably largely unrecognizable to anyone he recognizes. A year's worth of lycahthropic transformations will do that to a person's appearance.
[2014-07-13 22:13:51] <Roget> It looks like a big construction site.
[2014-07-13 22:14:12] <Vorcha> "I'm just glad to finally be working with a bunch of honest men after doing my time with the holier than thou Foundation."
[2014-07-13 22:14:16] <ihp> Part of him wonders if… Tyler is alive. If they brought him back.
[2014-07-13 22:14:28] <TeslaTornado> Serge blew up. He's definitely unrecognizable. He just looks around.
[2014-07-13 22:14:33] <Roget> "Preaching to the choir, brother."
[2014-07-13 22:14:53] <Wogglebug> Bart is just some old guy.
[2014-07-13 22:14:54] <Vorcha> He chuckles.
[2014-07-13 22:14:56] <Wogglebug> He's hunching.
[2014-07-13 22:14:58] <Roget> "Now, let me take you down to the lower level. We have something interesting to show you. A recent transfer here."
[2014-07-13 22:14:58] <TeslaTornado> 4df+8 (Perception + Vive la Resistance) Looking for structural weaknesses, using his knowledge from the old Maquis days
[2014-07-13 22:14:59] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: (Perception + Vive la Resistance) Looking for structural weaknesses, using his knowledge from the old Maquis days: 8 (4df+8=0, 0, 4-, 3+)
[2014-07-13 22:15:14] <Roget> The walls look pretty half-baked. You could plow right through them if you tried.
[2014-07-13 22:15:25] <Balthazaar> Emily wonders if they have her fathers guns here, inside she is hating these people. But on the outside she's Maria, and Maria is a hpyy person, excited for her new job
[2014-07-13 22:15:37] <Wogglebug> Bart looks around. Is there anything anomalously significant about the place?
[2014-07-13 22:15:50] <Vorcha> "Oh? I do hope you'll give me more information, spoil some of the surprise."
[2014-07-13 22:16:01] <Roget> No. At least, not this part. You're still not quite sure how you got there, Bart.
[2014-07-13 22:16:08] <Roget> "Well, it's going to help a lot of people eat."
[2014-07-13 22:16:32] <ihp> ~Recent Transfer?~ "Hmph. It'll cut down on food costs, at the very least."
[2014-07-13 22:16:52] <TeslaTornado> Serge tilts his head a bit. He doesn't like the sound of that. He notes that the walls are terrible as well.
[2014-07-13 22:16:56] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns ~If they have an anomalous object…~
[2014-07-13 22:17:13] <Roget> He pushes a button, and the walls slide open to reveal an elevator. "Come on in, I can show you right now."
[2014-07-13 22:17:17] <Roget> He walks into the elevator.
[2014-07-13 22:17:21] <Wogglebug> Bart follows.
[2014-07-13 22:17:23] <Vorcha> "That's great to hear. The Foundation would've locked the thing up for pretenses of safety while honest men starved." He steps in, still smiling smugly.
[2014-07-13 22:17:39] <TeslaTornado> ~The Foundation locks things up because they are not safe~
[2014-07-13 22:17:48] <TeslaTornado> Serge follows nervously.
[2014-07-13 22:17:53] <Wixelt> Wilson follows close behind.
[2014-07-13 22:18:00] <Wixelt> He hides his frown
[2014-07-13 22:18:05] <Vorcha> "How is everyone settling in here?" He looks at Damien. "I hope it's not too hard to get comfortable."
[2014-07-13 22:18:28] <Roget> "Well, some better than others, but most people are very excited to see what's going to happen next."
[2014-07-13 22:18:42] <Balthazaar> Emily goes through her purse, gets out lipstick and gets to applying it
[2014-07-13 22:18:48] <Vorcha> "As they should be."
[2014-07-13 22:19:02] <Roget> Once everyone is in, the elevator doors hum closed. It starts going down.
[2014-07-13 22:20:07] <TeslaTornado> Serge taps one of his feet nervously. He doesn't like elevators. He likes stairs.
[2014-07-13 22:20:10] <Vorcha> "I couldn't help but notice that drinks weren't provided in the limo." He sighs, making idle talk
[2014-07-13 22:20:29] <Roget> The elevator doors whoosh open, and Damien steps out into an observation chamber. "Come in, they're about to finish up the testing."
[2014-07-13 22:20:42] <Balthazaar> It the elevator has mirrors in it, Emily uses them to sheck out her make up, smiling and making a happy noise, pleased with her work
[2014-07-13 22:20:48] <ihp> Jacob steps out onto the chamber, adjusting his tie again.
[2014-07-13 22:20:49] <Wogglebug> Bart follows.
[2014-07-13 22:21:00] <Wixelt> Wilson does also.
[2014-07-13 22:21:12] <Balthazaar> Emily follows
[2014-07-13 22:21:23] <Vorcha> He looks at Bart and Serge. "Shouldn't you two have stayed behind to help everyone set up?"
[2014-07-13 22:21:30] <Roget> Damien steps up to a glass partition. Below him, three men are attempting to feed a parcel of food through a giant funnel. There is a pile of miniature food, and a pile of giant food on either side of them.
[2014-07-13 22:22:10] <TeslaTornado> "Maybe the electricity is spotty down here." Serge shrugs.
[2014-07-13 22:22:11] <Wogglebug> Can Bart roll to see if he recognizes it?
[2014-07-13 22:22:22] <Roget> "You see, this device, it miniaturizes anything that goes through the big end, and maximizes the size of anything through the small end. It can be used to make the transporation of food so much easier, without losing nutritional value!"
[2014-07-13 22:22:23] <Roget> Sure
[2014-07-13 22:22:34] <Wogglebug> 4df+12 Anomalous historian. Maybe it's from Atlantis.
[2014-07-13 22:22:35] <Glacon> Wogglebug: Anomalous historian. Maybe it's from Atlantis.: 11 (4df+12=3+, 4-, 0, 4-)
[2014-07-13 22:22:40] <ihp> "…what happens if something goes in the large end?"
[2014-07-13 22:22:42] <Roget> Nope
[2014-07-13 22:22:51] <ihp> redact
[2014-07-13 22:23:14] <TeslaTornado> Serge stares at it.
[2014-07-13 22:23:23] <TeslaTornado> This is already beyond his comprehension.
[2014-07-13 22:23:30] <ihp> Jacob tries not to drool at the sight of the giant food.
[2014-07-13 22:23:55] <Vorcha> "Are there any problems when someone eats the miniature food? Like sudden expansion or such?"
[2014-07-13 22:23:56] <Wixelt> Wilson looks at the machine in awe.
[2014-07-13 22:24:04] <ihp> "…have you tried testing… humans on it?"
[2014-07-13 22:24:22] <Roget> "No, and… not yet."
[2014-07-13 22:24:28] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks at Jacob in horror.
[2014-07-13 22:24:28] <Wogglebug> Bart hmmmmms.
[2014-07-13 22:24:43] <TeslaTornado> "Wh… Why would… People?!"
[2014-07-13 22:25:01] <Wixelt> "Really Mr. Spieler, really?!"
[2014-07-13 22:25:06] <Roget> "Well, they'd be volunteers. To further the cause of science!"
[2014-07-13 22:25:11] <Vorcha> "What happens when you put non-edible objects in?"
[2014-07-13 22:25:24] <Roget> "Their size changes as well. It happens to all matter."
[2014-07-13 22:25:28] <TeslaTornado> Serge blubbers impetuously and windmills his arms.
[2014-07-13 22:25:34] <Vorcha> "Interesting.."
[2014-07-13 22:25:57] <Roget> "We feel the food angle is the best way to use it." Damien casts a side glance at Serge. "Are you quite alright, Mister Blane?"
[2014-07-13 22:26:36] <Vorcha> "..What about putting ore or other things through..?"
[2014-07-13 22:26:38] <TeslaTornado> "People?!"
[2014-07-13 22:26:51] <TeslaTornado> Serge just flails. Eventually he stops.
[2014-07-13 22:26:59] <ihp> "…Mr. Blane is simply squeamish about human testing."
[2014-07-13 22:27:05] <Roget> "That could be a practical application. Maybe you can oversee a test!"
[2014-07-13 22:27:12] <Roget> "Well, hope he gets used to it."
[2014-07-13 22:27:23] <Wixelt> Wilson looks a little ill at the thought of putting people through that thing
[2014-07-13 22:27:24] <TeslaTornado> Serge lets out a tiny squeak.
[2014-07-13 22:27:30] <Wogglebug> Bart hmmmms some more.
[2014-07-13 22:27:37] <Wogglebug> Being a giant could be fun, for working man.
[2014-07-13 22:27:42] <ihp> "Poor man had a cousin in the camps during the war."
[2014-07-13 22:27:58] <Vorcha> He rubs his chin, deep in thought.
[2014-07-13 22:28:10] <Roget> "Now, if you're all done here… Mister Zoolander, do you mind if your associates come to your meeting with our dear leader, Lynx?"
[2014-07-13 22:28:39] <ihp> Jacob tries /so damn hard/ not to laugh. Not only are they called the Chaos Insurgency, but their leader is /Lynx/. ~This IS a bad comic book.~
[2014-07-13 22:28:51] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks a little stunned. "I should… Really see about… Those d-door locks…"
[2014-07-13 22:28:57] <ihp> He disguises it as a coughing fit, however.
[2014-07-13 22:29:13] <Vorcha> "I think.. Ian would much rather get to work.. Help calm his nerves."
[2014-07-13 22:29:32] <Roget> "Is that true?"
[2014-07-13 22:29:35] <Wogglebug> Bart hasn't moved.
[2014-07-13 22:29:41] <Wogglebug> He looks perfectly calm.
[2014-07-13 22:29:42] <Balthazaar> "Shall I take notes for you, Mr. Zoolander?"
[2014-07-13 22:29:48] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns "Mr. Spieler, are you alright?"
[2014-07-13 22:30:04] <Vorcha> "Yes please Ms.Doss."
[2014-07-13 22:30:58] <ihp> "I'm fine. I must be catching whatever Loshe has. My voice will be shot soon, too."
[2014-07-13 22:31:11] <Wogglebug> (Bart is Ian.)
[2014-07-13 22:31:17] <Roget> "Mister Loshe?"
[2014-07-13 22:31:22] <Balthazaar> Emily nods, smiles, and takes out her notebook and pen
[2014-07-13 22:31:25] <Wogglebug> "Hrmm?"
[2014-07-13 22:31:35] <Wogglebug> Bart shakes his mustache.
[2014-07-13 22:31:51] <TeslaTornado> "Mister Loshe has laryngitis."
[2014-07-13 22:31:57] <Roget> "Do you want to work, or accompany Mister Zoolander to his meeting?"
[2014-07-13 22:32:04] <Wogglebug> Bart "Hrmm" int he afirmative.
[2014-07-13 22:32:16] <Wogglebug> (My god, the spelling.)
[2014-07-13 22:32:29] <Vorcha> "Mr.Blane, perhaps you and Mr.Loshe should go check the place out..? I don't want any issues."
[2014-07-13 22:32:34] <Wogglebug> Bart "Hrmm"s in the affirmative.
[2014-07-13 22:33:10] <Roget> Damien's radio buzzes. He listens to it, and frowns.
[2014-07-13 22:33:26] <TeslaTornado> Serge nods at Mackenzie.
[2014-07-13 22:33:30] <Roget> "Lynx wants the entire group to come up… so, I suppose our choice in the matter has been cast aside."
[2014-07-13 22:33:51] <Wixelt> Wilson frowns internally ~This doesn't bode well~
[2014-07-13 22:33:52] <Vorcha> He catches the frown. "If Lynx insists, I'm sure there are good reasons."
[2014-07-13 22:33:56] <Wogglebug> Bart shrugs, as the common man so often does.
[2014-07-13 22:34:05] <TeslaTornado> Serge frowns.
[2014-07-13 22:34:08] <Roget> The elevator door slides open again. "Alright, once more into the breach!"
[2014-07-13 22:34:12] <Roget> Damien steps inside
[2014-07-13 22:34:22] <TeslaTornado> ~I do not like this~ He follows Damien into the elevator, hands in his pockets.
[2014-07-13 22:34:26] <Wixelt> Wilson follows.
[2014-07-13 22:34:29] <Vorcha> He follows him in.
[2014-07-13 22:34:42] <ihp> Heinrich steps inside.
[2014-07-13 22:35:10] <Wogglebug> Bart follows.
[2014-07-13 22:35:57] <Balthazaar> Maria steps into the elevator
[2014-07-13 22:36:20] <Roget> the elevator doors shut, and it begins heading down again.
[2014-07-13 22:36:42] <TeslaTornado> Serge notes that the elevator is going down, which means Administrative is in the bottom parts of the site.
[2014-07-13 22:37:13] <Wogglebug> Bart tries to estimate the number of levels.
[2014-07-13 22:37:48] <Roget> About five or six. The doors ding open, revealing a large empty conference room with a speaker in the middle.
[2014-07-13 22:37:52] <Balthazaar> "I hope the other girls working here are nice…" Maria wonders out loud idly
[2014-07-13 22:38:33] <Vorcha> He walks out, pulling a chair out for Maria.
[2014-07-13 22:38:37] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks at the speaker box, and refrains from asking if Lynx is a speaker.
[2014-07-13 22:38:40] <Roget> The lights turn on. Damien stands by the elevator. "Please, have a seat."
[2014-07-13 22:39:03] <TeslaTornado> He looks to Damien. "I-I am sorry… Do you mind if I stand?"
[2014-07-13 22:39:05] <Wogglebug> Bart stands against a wall.
[2014-07-13 22:39:22] <Roget> "That's up to the leader."
[2014-07-13 22:39:23] <Wixelt> Wilson takes a seat close to the room's exit.
[2014-07-13 22:39:59] <TeslaTornado> Serge scuffs his feet.
[2014-07-13 22:40:00] <Wogglebug> Bart scopes out the room for details and escape routes.
[2014-07-13 22:40:07] <Wogglebug> 4df+12 Perception.
[2014-07-13 22:40:08] <Glacon> Wogglebug: Perception.: 12 (4df+12=4-, 3+, 0, 0)
[2014-07-13 22:40:22] <Roget> The speaker crackles on. "Mister Forester, leave us."
[2014-07-13 22:40:28] <Roget> the only entrance or exit is the elevator
[2014-07-13 22:41:00] <Balthazaar> Maria sits. "Thank you sir." She smiles
[2014-07-13 22:41:14] <Vorcha> He sits down next to her.
[2014-07-13 22:41:27] <Roget> Damien bows, and walks back into the elevator, leaving Psi-7 alone with in the Lynx's lair.
[2014-07-13 22:41:45] <Roget> "Hello, Mister Zoolander. It is nice to finally meet you." the voice is scrambled, but vaguely feminine.
[2014-07-13 22:41:49] <Wixelt> 'Steve' looks at the spekaer expectently.
[2014-07-13 22:42:27] <Balthazaar> Emily takes notes
[2014-07-13 22:42:39] <Vorcha> "Likewise, I trust I haven't failed your expectations?"
[2014-07-13 22:42:51] <ihp> Jacob just stays silent, remaining as set dressing.
[2014-07-13 22:42:55] <TeslaTornado> Serge is mildly uneasy. He knows plenty about lynxes.
[2014-07-13 22:43:40] <Roget> "You seem to be adjusting well."
[2014-07-13 22:44:56] <Vorcha> "It's a much more pleasant environment to be in."
[2014-07-13 22:45:10] <Roget> "Indeed. Did Damien show you some of our projects?"
[2014-07-13 22:45:25] <Vorcha> "The most recent arrival, yes."
[2014-07-13 22:45:26] <Wixelt> Wilson just sits in his chair. He shares Serge's internal unease about the situation.
[2014-07-13 22:48:44] <Wogglebug> Roget'll be right back.
[2014-07-13 22:48:45] <TeslaTornado> Serge stands at parade rest. He clasps one hand in the other hand.
[2014-07-13 23:02:32] <Vorcha> <Vorcha> "The most recent arrival, yes."
[2014-07-13 23:02:32] <Vorcha> <Wixelt> Wilson just sits in his chair. He shares Serge's internal unease about the situation.
[2014-07-13 23:02:32] <Vorcha> * GraemeCracker (~ten.elbacwahs.mf.8FEFB825-CRInys|arCemearG#ten.elbacwahs.mf.8FEFB825-CRInys|arCemearG) has joined
[2014-07-13 23:02:32] <Vorcha> <TeslaTornado> Serge stands at parade rest. He clasps one hand in the other hand.
[2014-07-13 23:02:49] <Roget> "I presume Damien showed you the funnel?"
[2014-07-13 23:03:16] <Vorcha> "You are correct."
[2014-07-13 23:04:17] <Roget> "What did you make of it?"
[2014-07-13 23:06:08] <Vorcha> "I certainly think it'd be a quick way to handle resources."
[2014-07-13 23:06:52] <Roget> "It is, it is… but it's just the start. Would you like to see what we're working on next?"
[2014-07-13 23:07:06] <Vorcha> "Certainly."
[2014-07-13 23:07:07] =-= GraemeCracker is now known as Graemeats
[2014-07-13 23:07:27] <Wixelt> Wilson's eyebrow raises at this. His curiousity peaks.
[2014-07-13 23:07:35] <Wixelt> Though his unease remains
[2014-07-13 23:08:06] <TeslaTornado> Serge just stands still in the back.
[2014-07-13 23:08:10] <Roget> The walls recess into the ground, revealing that the room is much larger.There are more doors now, on the walls, and a glass seperator where some scientists are standing on the other side.
[2014-07-13 23:08:41] <TeslaTornado> Serge hurls himself to the ground, assuming that the world is literally falling apart around him.
[2014-07-13 23:08:56] <Vorcha> He looks around. Does it look like /they/ are that project, Roget?
[2014-07-13 23:08:57] <ihp> Jacob blinks, and frowns, toying with his hand just in case.
[2014-07-13 23:09:06] <Balthazaar> Emily notes things down
[2014-07-13 23:09:16] <Wogglebug> Bart looks sleepy.
[2014-07-13 23:09:16] <Roget> They look like they're holding a black box, which is moving a bit. That's probably the project there."
[2014-07-13 23:09:17] <Balthazaar> Yay for being a receptionist
[2014-07-13 23:09:20] <Roget> -"
[2014-07-13 23:09:28] <Wixelt> Wilson looks around in complete awe.
[2014-07-13 23:09:42] <Vorcha> He approaches the glass. "What is it?"
[2014-07-13 23:09:46] <Roget> "It uses nanotechnology, light years ahead of our time, to create an active protection shield."
[2014-07-13 23:10:15] <ihp> ~Nanotechnology?~
[2014-07-13 23:10:18] <Vorcha> "A shield..? Against what, in particular?"
[2014-07-13 23:10:23] <TeslaTornado> ~What the hell is a nanothingy~
[2014-07-13 23:10:27] <Roget> "Anything that might try to bother you."
[2014-07-13 23:10:46] <Roget> The container opens up, and what looks like a swarm of bees comes out, surrounding one of the scientists.
[2014-07-13 23:10:46] <Wixelt> "Where did you obtain this technology, out of interest?"
[2014-07-13 23:10:56] <Vorcha> He hmmmms audibly.
[2014-07-13 23:11:30] <TeslaTornado> Serge sits on the floor. He doesn't like thiiiiis.
[2014-07-13 23:11:45] <Roget> The other scientist pulls out a rather large rifle, and aims at the swarmed scientist.
[2014-07-13 23:11:55] <Roget> He fires, but the bullets don't seem to get past the cloud.
[2014-07-13 23:12:24] <Wixelt> Wilson flinches a little at this.
[2014-07-13 23:12:29] <Vorcha> "..Interesting. What happens when you reach into the cloud from either side?"
[2014-07-13 23:13:41] <Roget> Before Lynx can answer, the scientist inside the cloud begins panicking, and clawing at his face. A swarm of the little nanomachines comes out of him, and he begins bleeding profously.
[2014-07-13 23:13:50] <Roget> An alarm sounds, and the speaker shuts off.
[2014-07-13 23:14:17] <Balthazaar> Emily whimpers in fright and her hands go to her face
[2014-07-13 23:14:18] <Vorcha> Okay now Mack is visibly perturbed. Visibly perturbed as fuck
[2014-07-13 23:14:34] <Wogglebug> Bart doesn't move.
[2014-07-13 23:14:38] <Wixelt> Wilson stands from his chair, ready to bolt.
[2014-07-13 23:14:46] <Roget> The other scientist begins pounding on the glass, screaming. The swarm approaches him.
[2014-07-13 23:14:58] <Roget> It quickly devors him, then begins pressing against the glass divider.
[2014-07-13 23:14:58] <TeslaTornado> Serge moves back toward the elevator.
[2014-07-13 23:15:03] <Wixelt> "Yeah, we're going, now!"
[2014-07-13 23:15:08] <TeslaTornado> Then he starts pounding the elevator summon button.
[2014-07-13 23:15:10] <Vorcha> "Try and open the fucking elevator!"
[2014-07-13 23:15:14] <Wogglebug> Bart looks around, to see if there's anything he could do to help.
[2014-07-13 23:15:16] <ihp> Jacob frowns, looking around the room. "Not until that thing's deactivated."
[2014-07-13 23:15:17] <Roget> The elevator is sealed shut. But there are the other doors that the falling walls revealed…
[2014-07-13 23:15:32] <Wixelt> Wilson turns to look at said doors.
[2014-07-13 23:15:37] <Vorcha> He looks at whoever looks like they can lift things. "Can you move the chairs and stuff in front of the window?"
[2014-07-13 23:15:46] <Roget> There's one on every available wall, so that makes two.
[2014-07-13 23:15:55] <Wogglebug> Bart nods, and starts moving chairs.
[2014-07-13 23:15:58] <TeslaTornado> Serge bodyslams one of the doors.
[2014-07-13 23:15:58] <ihp> "If it's electronic, an EMP should fry it." Can Jacob roll Academics+Engineering+electrician to see how he could possibly construct an EMP>
[2014-07-13 23:16:11] <Wixelt> Do we assume one of them leads to the 'bees'?
[2014-07-13 23:16:38] <Roget> Serge, the door gives way immediately to a dark room
[2014-07-13 23:16:39] <Vorcha> He helps move the chairs. Is the table bolted to the ground?
[2014-07-13 23:16:40] <Wixelt> "That might work"
[2014-07-13 23:16:43] <Roget> Jacob sure can
[2014-07-13 23:16:44] <Roget> Yes it is
[2014-07-13 23:16:48] <Balthazaar> Emily follows after Serge, gun out in a flash
[2014-07-13 23:16:54] <Wixelt> "What do we have to work with in here?"
[2014-07-13 23:16:54] <ihp> 4df+12 It's hit the cap, so I'm rolling that.
[2014-07-13 23:16:55] <Glacon> ihp: It's hit the cap, so I'm rolling that.: 13 (4df+12=0, 3+, 0, 0)
[2014-07-13 23:17:14] <Wogglebug> Bart wonders why everyone is breaking cover when they're still under observation.
[2014-07-13 23:17:19] <TeslaTornado> Serge looks into the dark room. He strikes one of the matches from the box in his backpack.
[2014-07-13 23:17:30] <Vorcha> Mack is taking deep breaths. "I have a few tools." He hasn't broken cover.
[2014-07-13 23:17:34] <Roget> There's nothing you can really assemble an EMP here, realistically, but you could probably use the radio signal in the speaker to do… radio stuff?
[2014-07-13 23:17:40] =-= ShotgunFiend_ is now known as ShotgunFiend
[2014-07-13 23:18:00] <TeslaTornado> Fuck cover, technology is in the middle of an uprising. He's acting like any normal man would in his situation.
[2014-07-13 23:18:06] <Roget> Serge, you start feeling like the room is pulling you in. The air around you feels like it's being sucked inside.
[2014-07-13 23:18:17] <Roget> Everyone, you feel the air being pulled into the room.
[2014-07-13 23:18:25] <Vorcha> He walks to Jacob and hands him a few swiss army knives with various scissors and "Oh god dammit."
[2014-07-13 23:18:27] <TeslaTornado> "Shhh…." Serge tries to retreat back into his own room!
[2014-07-13 23:18:30] <ihp> Jacob stumbles back. "SHUT THE DAMN DOOR!"
[2014-07-13 23:18:38] <TeslaTornado> 4df+5 (STR) SHUT THE DAMN DOOR, SERGE
[2014-07-13 23:18:39] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: (STR) SHUT THE DAMN DOOR, SERGE: 3 (4df+5=4-, 0, 0, 4-)
[2014-07-13 23:18:40] <Wogglebug> "Hrmm."
[2014-07-13 23:18:47] <Balthazaar> Emily tries to brace againts something
[2014-07-13 23:18:49] <Wogglebug> Bart looks for an escape route.
[2014-07-13 23:18:51] <Wogglebug> 4df+12
[2014-07-13 23:18:55] <Glacon> Wogglebug: 13 (4df+12=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[2014-07-13 23:19:02] <Roget> The door isn't budging. Everyone, agility to not be sucked in!
[2014-07-13 23:19:13] <Roget> Bart, the only way out is the door sucking everyone in.
[2014-07-13 23:19:14] <ihp> 4df+3 well. This sucks.
[2014-07-13 23:19:14] <Glacon> ihp: well. This sucks.: 6 (4df+3=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[2014-07-13 23:19:18] <Wogglebug> 4df+2 He's a very fat man.
[2014-07-13 23:19:18] <TeslaTornado> 4df+3 Hell.
[2014-07-13 23:19:19] <Glacon> TeslaTornado: Hell.: 3 (4df+3=3+, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[2014-07-13 23:19:19] <Glacon> Wogglebug: He's a very fat man.: 3 (4df+2=0, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[2014-07-13 23:19:28] <Wixelt> 4df+3 Agility Spud
[2014-07-13 23:19:30] <Glacon> Wixelt: Agility Spud: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 4-)
[2014-07-13 23:19:30] <Vorcha> 4df+6 tagging live on the rush because this is some fucking adrenaline shit on this bitch
[2014-07-13 23:19:30] <Glacon> Vorcha: tagging live on the rush because this is some fucking adrenaline shit on this bitch: 6 (4df+6=3+, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[2014-07-13 23:19:31] <Roget> The nanobots toss a dead scientist against the glass, cracking it.
[2014-07-13 23:19:45] <Roget> 4df+7 VACCUUUUUUM
[2014-07-13 23:19:46] <Glacon> Roget: VACCUUUUUUM: 7 (4df+7=3+, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[2014-07-13 23:19:50] <Vorcha> well fuk
[2014-07-13 23:20:13] <Roget> Everyone gets pulled in! and they find themselves in…. the hall outside the commons, in ic1?
[2014-07-13 23:20:14] <Balthazaar> 4df+8 agility
[2014-07-13 23:20:14] <Glacon> Balthazaar: agility: 11 (4df+8=3+, 3+, 3+, 0)
[2014-07-13 23:20:21] <Roget> Except Emily. Who is left in the room alone.
[2014-07-13 23:21:50] <Roget> Emily, you just saw all your allies get pulled into that room! The nanobots are coming! What do you do?
[2014-07-13 23:22:13] <Balthazaar> Emily doesn't know what to do. She's terrified, thinking her friends were just eaten by a vortex room, in a base filled with the people that killed her father and best friend. She needs to get out of here and get back to her husband. She goes to the elevator and hammers on the open buton
[2014-07-13 23:22:39] <Roget> The door opens into a gaping black maw. Agility to not tumble in!
[2014-07-13 23:23:29] <Balthazaar> 4df+8
[2014-07-13 23:23:30] <Glacon> Balthazaar: 11 (4df+8=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
[2014-07-13 23:24:07] <Roget> 4df+7
[2014-07-13 23:24:23] <Vorcha> no spaces after the number roget
[2014-07-13 23:24:28] <Vorcha> 4df+7
[2014-07-13 23:24:29] <Glacon> Vorcha: 8 (4df+7=0, 0, 3+, 0)
[2014-07-13 23:24:36] <Roget> 4df+7
[2014-07-13 23:24:37] <Glacon> Roget: 8 (4df+7=0, 3+, 0, 0)
[2014-07-13 23:24:48] <Roget> Emily, you teeter, but don't fall. It's another void!
[2014-07-13 23:25:00] <Roget> The glass is cracking behind you, and the alarms are blaring all around.
[2014-07-13 23:25:22] <Balthazaar> Emily frantically looks for another way out, drawing her guns
[2014-07-13 23:25:52] <Roget> the floor around the elevator and the door begin to collapse, into the darkness. The glass is on the verge of shattering!
[2014-07-13 23:27:25] <Balthazaar> Emily desperately looks for a way out, trying to get away from the crumbling floor and the breaking glass. She's almost certain she's going to die
[2014-07-13 23:27:55] <Roget> The floor breaks away beneath her, the glass shatters all around and she falls… into ic1.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License