A Hero Is Born

[18:29:21] <gumbal1> Danielle reports, trying not to grin.
[18:29:44] <lurkd> Ivan zips back into medical from the hallway.
[18:30:25] <padri> As you arrive in medical, you see the administrator standing next to a nurse. Beside the nurse is a cart with medical supplies on it. In a bed nearby sits Laura, Katie cradled in her arms. Laura looks panic stricken; she coos to and rocks her daughter. Katie, for her part, is fast asleep—dead to the world.
[18:30:46] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Well, don't Harley feel like a total shit now.
[18:31:01] <lurkd> "Status?"
[18:31:12] <ZombieRaptor_> Luvi heads into medical.
[18:31:17] <lurkd> Ivan slips on his overcoat and gets into professional ass kicker mode.
[18:31:37] <Roget> The Admin has a neutral expression.
[18:31:40] <ZombieRaptor_> He looks at Laura confusedly then sees Katie. His eyes widen. "What happened??"
[18:31:49] <Nemi> Lis arrives, most likely with Harley, to see the scene. She… almost immediately releases Harley's hand and covers her mouth. "Oh, neg.."
[18:32:00] <lurkd> (wow, such opportunity of some deep dialogue… :P )
[18:32:09] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "…Oh…oh what the fuck."
[18:32:31] <gumbal1> "What's a little girl doing in a place like this?"
[18:32:58] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He glares at the new girl, frowning.
[18:32:59] <Roget> "So is, uh, is everyone here?"
[18:33:02] <ZombieRaptor_> Luvi walks over to Laura, looking over Katie.
[18:33:04] <gumbal1> She furrows her brow.
[18:33:07] <lurkd> "Yes."
[18:33:11] <lurkd> B|
[18:33:29] <padri> Laura looks up at Luvi balefully.
[18:33:32] * padri is now known as padruns
[18:34:00] <ZombieRaptor_> Luvi puts an arm around Laura comfortingly. "What happened?" He looks a little worried.
[18:34:04] <Proto_Lost_Deux> After a moment of weakness for Katie, he reassumes a serious face for now. "Looks like it sir."
[18:34:20] <padruns> Laura rests her head on Luvi's shoulder.
[18:34:53] <padruns> The nurse waits patiently for the administrator to cue her to do her thing.
[18:35:26] <Nemi> Lis nods at the Administrator, lowering her hands and otherwise composing herself. She watches Laura, Luvi and Katie. And she frowns.
[18:36:16] <lurkd> Ivan checks his equipment in his coat pockets real quick.
[18:36:20] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He lowers his hat a little over his eyes. "Right, so what's the matter with Katie?"
[18:36:24] <Roget> "So…. I believe, uh, Katie has been affected by an, uh, anomaly."
[18:36:35] <lurkd> "Elaborate, sir."
[18:36:51] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Perfect."
[18:37:38] <Roget> "She's uh, in a fantasy world… called A Hero Is Born."
[18:37:47] <Roget> "It is a trap of the, uh, trap of the mind."
[18:37:47] <lurkd> Ivan now loads his revolver.
[18:37:49] <ZombieRaptor> "What?"
[18:38:00] <lurkd> "….."
[18:38:09] <lurkd> "How do we break her condition?"
[18:38:11] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He smiles, lighting up a cigarette. "Oh, this sounds good."
[18:38:49] <padruns> d6
[18:38:51] <Glacon> padruns: 2 (d6=2)
[18:39:15] <padruns> The nurse comes up to Danielle, ushering her to an empty bed.
[18:39:27] <gumbal1> Danielle follows the nurse.
[18:39:40] <Roget> "It, uh, is swords, sorcery, that sort of world. We'll need to send you in to, er, to break it."
[18:39:55] <padruns> The nurse brings with her the cart. "Give me your arm, hon."
[18:40:00] <ZombieRaptor> "Then send us in now."
[18:40:11] <gumbal1> Daniell gives her right arm
[18:40:13] <lurkd> "I'm ready."
[18:40:14] <ZombieRaptor> /now/ *
[18:40:25] <Roget> "For background… we found it in, uh…"
[18:40:29] <padruns> The nurse stabs her with a needle. (After all the disinfectant and all that shit.)
[18:40:30] <lurkd> Ivan hangs up his overcoat.
[18:40:36] <Nemi> "So ve're going to.. a fantastical realm? That sounds like an adventure!" Lis doesn't sound terribly cheered by that, but seems intrigued.
[18:40:40] <padruns> Laura: "It was in our room. It doesn't matter how."
[18:40:52] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley's pretty excited though. "Now that sounds like an adventure."
[18:40:59] <lurkd> "Ms. Tande, you need to be serious."
[18:41:04] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi checks over his weapons, making sure his 13 left poison bolts are with him.
[18:41:04] <padruns> Laura picks up a dark green book from beside her. "This is it."
[18:41:08] <padruns> d6
[18:41:09] <Glacon> padruns: 5 (d6=5)
[18:41:12] <gumbal1> Danielle cringes
[18:41:20] <padruns> Next, the nurse calls Marty over.
[18:41:28] <padruns> He gets his own bed as well.
[18:41:36] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi turns to see Marty. "Marty is coming?"
[18:41:43] <lurkd> "Ms. Moodie, how did she get obtain it?"
[18:41:54] <padruns> Laura shakes her head. "I have no idea."
[18:42:02] * lurkd is now known as lurkdrun
[18:42:03] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He eyes Marty with suspicion.
[18:42:07] <padruns> Nurse: "I don't have all day, hon."
[18:42:42] <Nemi> "I am," she sounds it.
[18:42:47] <Roget> Marty walks over, anxiously
[18:42:57] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi kisses Laura's cheek. "We'll get her out."
[18:42:57] <Roget> He looks nervouseer than usual
[18:43:11] <padruns> Nurse: "Take a seat and give me the arm."
[18:43:14] <Nemi> Lis inhales and watches the others laid down. She eyes the needles with a little bit of apprehension.
[18:43:29] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He smiles a bit at Lis. "Hey, it's just naptime shots…nothing to worry about."
[18:43:30] <lurkdrun> Ivan steps up to Laura. "Ms. Moodie, I'm not returning without her. Please ensure my will is in order."
[18:43:36] <padruns> Nurse: "This would go a lot faster if y'all just all went ahead and sat down."
[18:43:37] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He places a gentle hand on her shoulder.
[18:43:43] <padruns> Laura nods. "Thank you, Ivan."
[18:43:44] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi lies down.
[18:43:49] <lurkdrun> Ivan laies down.
[18:43:53] <lurkdrun> *lies
[18:43:57] <Nemi> She gives Harley a wry smile, then .. goes to take a convenient seat.
[18:43:59] <ZombieRaptor> "Hurry up and inject me with whatever the hell it is."
[18:44:01] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley then heads to his own bed and sits down as well.
[18:44:06] <padruns> She shoots up Marty, then moves on to Luvi.
[18:44:26] <padruns> "It's not whatever the hell, it's a sedative." Prick.
[18:44:56] <padruns> Next, it's Lis' turn. "Arm?"
[18:45:25] <padruns> Danielle, you're starting to get pretty sleepy.
[18:45:35] <Roget> Marty lays down and crosses his arms across his chest
[18:45:39] <lurkdrun> Ivan rolls up his sleeve.
[18:45:48] <Nemi> Lis .. removes her coat and offers her arm.
[18:45:58] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at Marty, confused why a guard is going with them.
[18:46:10] <padruns> The nurse gives her the sedative. Marty, it's starting to affect you now.
[18:46:13] <Nemi> Lis bites her lower lip, but is otherwise stoic, as the needle approaches. She shuts her eyes before impact.
[18:46:22] <ZombieRaptor> "Is Marty cleared for the field?"
[18:46:22] <Nemi> And then! She lies down and waits.
[18:46:42] <padruns> She goes over and does Ivan next. "Thank you for being prepared." Luvi, aren't you having trouble keeping your eyes open?
[18:46:46] <lurkdrun> Ivan gives no fucks who is going, he'll drag Katie out of hell if he has too, team be damned.
[18:46:59] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi lies back.
[18:47:00] <gumbal1> Danielle closes her eyes involuntarily
[18:47:13] <lurkdrun> Ivan closes his eyes and lets the drug work.
[18:47:17] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi does whatever the sedative makes him.
[18:47:21] <padruns> Next is Harley's turn. "Let's see those muscles."
[18:47:33] <padruns> Sleeeeeeep, Luvi. Sleeeeeeeeep.
[18:47:45] <ZombieRaptor> He sleeps.
[18:47:51] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He chuckles. "I should go on these dream ops more often then." He rolls back his sleeves, exposing his modest guns.
[18:48:15] <padruns> The nurse couldn't give a fuck. She stabs him with the needle just like everyone else.
[18:48:29] <padruns> "Sweet dreams!" The nurse takes the cart and leaves.
[18:48:36] <Nemi> Lis doesn't even try to keep her eyes open. She's sleepy as it is.
[18:48:45] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Thankfully, Harley's used to napping, and he assumes a comforable position on the bed, leaning on the headboard as he closes his eyes.
[18:48:54] <gumbal1> Danielle falls asleep
[18:49:30] <padruns> When you fall asleep, instead of darkness, you see a bright world. You stand in a wide field of green grass under a blue sky dotted with clouds. Off on the horizon is a range of mountains. All around you are yellow dandelions. Each color is vivid and distinct; it’s as if you’ve taken off a pair of dirty glasses that you didn’t need anyway.
[18:49:41] <padruns> Next you notice that not only did you end up somewhere strange, but also did your personal things change. You are dressed like characters out of an epic fantasy—the men wear mail and boots; the women wear elegant gowns. All guns have been changed into bows or crossbows. (NB: In this world, you seem to have knowledge and experience with this new weapon to match that that you had with your…
[18:49:43] <padruns> …gun. Treat rolls—both modifiers and tags—accordingly.)
[18:49:53] <ZombieRaptor> So Luvi's crossbow is the same?
[18:50:10] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Does Harley have the equivalent of a cool hat?
[18:50:23] <ZombieRaptor> What did Luvi's fedora change into :p
[18:50:24] <lurkdrun> Ivan inspects the crossbow.
[18:50:28] <padruns> Yes. He has black feathered arrows/bolts for his "gun" and the poison ones are purple.
[18:50:47] <ZombieRaptor> "Looks like my crossbow is unchanged…"
[18:50:54] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls it out of his holster.
[18:50:56] <Roget> What color is Marty's clothing?
[18:51:04] <ZombieRaptor> Does his knife turn into a sword?
[18:51:07] <padruns> Luvi's fedora is a well worn helmet; Harley's hat is an archer's cap.
[18:51:08] <Nemi> "Oh.. wow," Lis turns this way and that breathlessly, taking in the sights and the surroundings. It's so… pretty here. She makes for a somewhat spooky fantastical maiden, and almost doesn't even notice the slim recurve shortbow that's found its way into her hands.
[18:51:09] <lurkdrun> "Medeival weaponry… be on the look out for fictional entities."
[18:51:14] <padruns> Knife stays a knife.
[18:51:19] <padruns> Marty's clothes are purple.
[18:51:20] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley's hands fly up to his head the moment he's aware. "…Aw fuck."
[18:51:29] <padruns> Lis!
[18:51:38] <ZombieRaptor> "Well… My hat turned into a helmet…"
[18:51:44] <padruns> When you turn around, you see an old man wearing a dark green robe.
[18:51:44] <gumbal1> Danielle blinks
[18:51:48] <ZombieRaptor> "I need another fedora again! Damnit!"
[18:51:49] <lurkdrun> Ivan wastes no time. He cups his hands over his mouth. "KATIE!!"
[18:51:58] <padruns> He has a beard halfway down to his waist.
[18:51:59] <ZombieRaptor> "Ivan shut the fuck up!"
[18:52:01] <padruns> He clears his throat.
[18:52:05] <Nemi> Lis halts, peering at the man. "Hello, sir?" she inquires, attention rather abruptly garnered.
[18:52:06] <padruns> *ahem*
[18:52:16] <padruns> "This is highly unorthodox."
[18:52:22] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Better than nothing I suppose." He inspects his tiny little handheld crossbow and sighs, before resolving to stick with his fists. He turns to Lis, before spotting the man. "Whoa…who's the hippy?"
[18:52:24] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at him, he loads a poisoned bolt.
[18:52:38] <ZombieRaptor> "Have you seen a girl?"
[18:52:42] <lurkdrun> Ivan turns to the old man.
[18:52:42] <ZombieRaptor> "A child."
[18:52:54] <padruns> "Of course I have. You've just invaded her adventure.
[18:52:56] <padruns> "
[18:53:01] <gumbal1> Danielle turns to the man.
[18:53:03] <lurkdrun> "Take us to her."
[18:53:11] <gumbal1> "Adventure?"
[18:53:13] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Her adventure? How far along is she in her quest?"
[18:53:20] <Roget> "…"
[18:53:24] <ZombieRaptor> "We are here to aid her, and get her out.."
[18:53:35] <padruns> "/I/ can't take you to her. Your adventure is to find her."
[18:53:45] <lurkdrun> "Where do we begin?"
[18:53:51] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley's read shit like this, he knows how it works. "Right, never that easy."
[18:54:12] <Nemi> "I see.. Where do w" she quiets as Ivan speaks up first. As the others talk, she resumes taking in their surroundings, but now with purpose she's looking for Objects of Interest.
[18:54:30] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks around. Roll perception?
[18:54:36] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He flips his scarf, assuming it still exists, over his shoulder.
[18:54:39] <gumbal1> "Can you at least tell us where we are?"
[18:54:41] <padruns> "Of course it's not going to be easy. If it's easy, then it's not an adventure. And as to where you begin …" He gestures to something behind them. "You begin at the beginning, of course."
[18:54:50] <padruns> No need, Luvi.
[18:54:55] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi turns around.
[18:55:04] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 Ivan looks
[18:55:05] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Ivan looks: 4 (4df+5=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[18:55:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He turns around as well, tapping Lis to make sure she knows what's up.
[18:55:14] <padruns> Anyone who looks behind them will see there is a spiraling road made out of golden bricks.
[18:55:15] <gumbal1> Danielle turns around
[18:55:29] <padruns> As it comes out of the spiral, it heads off towards the mountains.
[18:55:30] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts jogging. "Lets fucking go."
[18:55:30] <Roget> Does Marty have pockets?
[18:55:39] <padruns> Two.
[18:55:40] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "…good Lord."
[18:55:43] <padruns> The old man sighs.
[18:55:49] <Roget> Marty puts his hands in his pockets.
[18:55:52] <padruns> "… highly unorthodox."
[18:56:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He turns to the old man. "You coming with us? We could use a beardy old guy to be the wizard."
[18:56:31] <padruns> The old man shakes his head. "It's not my adventure, young man. This is yours."
[18:56:48] <Nemi> "A yellow brick road," Lis says, inwardly delighted.
[18:56:50] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is a good ways ahead of the people standing there at this point.
[18:57:00] <gumbal1> Danielle follows Luvi
[18:57:01] <Nemi> "Hey!" Lis gives chase!
[18:57:15] <lurkdrun> "Yes. Let's hustle."
[18:57:15] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He just grins, tipping his hat to him. "Fair enough old timer, you take care now."…before he follows after Lis.
[18:57:36] <padruns> Y'all gunna run the whole way?
[18:57:37] <lurkdrun> Ivan speed walks, crossbow up.
[18:57:50] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley's just following them, holding the rear.
[18:58:05] <lurkdrun> Ivan doesn't take point, that's for Luvi.
[18:58:11] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is jogging. :p
[18:58:14] <Roget> Marty takes up the rear, taking his hands out of his pockets and… actually taking up a combat pose.
[18:58:28] <padruns> Luvi, roll agility.
[18:58:30] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He watches Marty, looking at him strangely.
[18:58:34] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+3
[18:58:36] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+3=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[18:58:53] <padruns> You're a little tired by the time you reach the mountains.
[18:59:02] <Nemi> Lis doesn't have infinite stamina by any means, so she'll fall back to a jog once she catches up with Luvi.
[18:59:14] <padruns> The mountains are, for the most part, densely wooded.
[18:59:18] <lurkdrun> Ivan keeps a steady pace as a speed walker.
[18:59:27] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts walking.
[18:59:31] <Roget> Perception to look for anything important?
[18:59:39] <padruns> There is, however, one wide path through that looks to be mostly clear.
[18:59:40] <padruns> Yes!
[18:59:43] <padruns> Everyone perception.
[18:59:44] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[18:59:44] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[18:59:45] <lurkdrun> "Objectives, extract subject."
[18:59:46] <Roget> 4df+3 special eyes
[18:59:46] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha?
[18:59:46] <Glacon> Roget: special eyes: 3 (4df+3=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[18:59:47] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha?: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
[18:59:49] <lurkdrun> 4df+5
[18:59:50] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 8 (4df+5=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[18:59:54] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+11 eye for detail baby
[18:59:55] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: eye for detail baby: 13 (4df+11=0, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[18:59:56] <lurkdrun> \o/
[18:59:57] <padruns> And if anyone has survival, roll that.
[18:59:58] <Nemi> 4df+8 eyes! I have good eyes!
[18:59:59] <Glacon> Nemi: eyes! I have good eyes!: 8 (4df+8=#4-#, #3+#, 0, 0)
[19:00:18] <Nemi> Survival? Lis can't live in the woods. Are you crazy?
[19:00:32] <padruns> Ivan and Nemi see large round indentations into the ground in the wide clear path.
[19:00:37] <padruns> They could be footprints.
[19:00:42] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Oh wait, make that a 10 for Harley, it's just 8
[19:00:45] <lurkdrun> How big?
[19:00:51] <padruns> Harley sees these, too.
[19:00:58] <padruns> The size of a dinner plate?
[19:00:58] <lurkdrun> "Tracks."
[19:01:10] <Nemi> Lis briefly halts and points out the footprints. "Look at those.. Something big came by!"
[19:01:13] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi waits for everyone.
[19:01:19] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Wonderful…we should've brought that bear in a safari outfit with us."
[19:01:19] <Roget> Survival to check tracks?
[19:01:28] <padruns> Yes!
[19:01:34] <lurkdrun> 4df+6 SCIENCE to determine what animal it's closest to
[19:01:35] <Glacon> lurkdrun: SCIENCE to determine what animal it's closest to: 5 (4df+6=#4-#, 0, 0, 0)
[19:01:36] <Roget> 4df+4
[19:01:49] <Roget> 4df
[19:01:50] <Glacon> Roget: -1 (4df=#4-#, #3+#, 0, #4-#)
[19:01:50] <Roget> =
[19:01:54] <padruns> Ivan: Elephant.
[19:01:54] <Roget> Gr
[19:01:57] <Roget> 4df+4
[19:01:58] <Glacon> Roget: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, 0, 0)
[19:02:16] <Roget> Marty leans in to inspect the tracks
[19:02:19] <padruns> I'll take the second one. Marty, you can tell there was more than one.h
[19:02:20] <lurkdrun> "A pachyderm produced these tracks."
[19:02:30] <Roget> "More… T-than one…"
[19:02:35] <ZombieRaptor> "English Ivan."
[19:02:37] <gumbal1> "Pachyderm?"
[19:02:38] <Nemi> "A packyderm?"
[19:02:43] <lurkdrun> "A herd then. Of elephants."
[19:02:44] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "More than one elephant huh."
[19:02:45] <Nemi> "Oh!"
[19:03:04] <Nemi> Lis peers again at the tracks, lip quirked. On one hand, she's curious. On the other, elephants are big.
[19:03:22] <lurkdrun> "These crossbows are not sufficient enough to kill one."
[19:03:25] <Roget> Marty stands, brushing dirt off his pants. "w-we should be ca-careful…"
[19:03:31] <padruns> Ivan, it doesn't look like a herd of elephants came through here.
[19:03:32] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He watches Lis for a bit, smiling lightly at the quirked lip.
[19:03:33] <ZombieRaptor> "Mine is Ivan."
[19:03:38] <ZombieRaptor> "My poison bolts."
[19:03:42] <padruns> The path isn't wide enough for a herd.
[19:03:56] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads up the path, walking.
[19:04:01] <lurkdrun> "You take point, Mr. Harkess."
[19:04:04] <padruns> It's wide enough for a couple elephants to come through single file, but what kind of elephants do that?
[19:04:07] <Nemi> "Are you sure you want to waste them on elephants? They might be better used on wizards," Lis notes! She proceeds after Luvi, sticking close.
[19:04:13] <lurkdrun> Ivan trails behind him.
[19:04:27] <gumbal1> "Then how will we deal with them?"
[19:04:29] <Roget> Marty retakes the rear
[19:04:44] <ZombieRaptor> "Poison them."
[19:04:48] <gumbal1> Danielle follows behind.
[19:04:49] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley stays with Lis, intent on protecting her.
[19:04:50] <padruns> Luvi and Ivan are in front, yes?
[19:04:51] <lurkdrun> "I'm theorizing that there are only a few pachy- elephants… walking single file perhaps."
[19:04:52] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi pats his crossbow.
[19:04:53] <ZombieRaptor> Yes
[19:05:03] <lurkdrun> Yup
[19:05:09] <Roget> Survival to know how to kill elephants?
[19:05:12] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Like in the circus."
[19:05:12] <padruns> Let's have Luvi and Ivan roll perception then.
[19:05:18] <padruns> Sure, Roget.
[19:05:20] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:05:21] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, 0, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:05:27] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 B|
[19:05:28] <Glacon> lurkdrun: B|: 5 (4df+5=0, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[19:05:47] <Roget> 4df+4 I survive
[19:05:48] <Glacon> Roget: I survive: 5 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[19:05:51] <Nemi> "Well hopefully we don't -have- to kill them," She sniffs.
[19:05:57] <padruns> Luvi, you see elephant poo. Don't step in it. It's enormous.
[19:06:07] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi goes around it.
[19:06:08] <Roget> "It's…. n-not real…"
[19:06:11] <padruns> Ivan, you see the elephants up ahead. They're walking away, all single file.
[19:06:13] <Roget> To Lis
[19:06:25] <Roget> Padri, knowledge of elephants?
[19:06:30] <padruns> Marty, you know elephants are generally peaceable.
[19:06:34] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Oh agreed, I always liked the damn things." He turns to Marty. "We're in a book kid, they're as real as we are."
[19:06:39] <lurkdrun> Ivan holds up a fist.
[19:06:46] <padruns> You could probably shoot em a couple dozen times and kill em.
[19:06:47] <Nemi> ".. maybe, but still!" She sees Luvi edging around something and so does the same.
[19:06:49] <lurkdrun> Expecting everyone to hush.
[19:07:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi keeps walking.
[19:07:07] <gumbal1> "I've never actually seen an elephant, so I don't know what to expect."
[19:07:20] <lurkdrun> He grabs Luvi's shoulder and points ahead at the elephants.
[19:07:22] <Roget> Would poison be effective at all?
[19:07:23] <padruns> Anyone who pays attention and gets the elephants pointed out to you, roll perception.
[19:07:26] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks.
[19:07:27] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He holds a finger to his lips, signalling to both Lis and Marty.
[19:07:30] <padruns> Probably, marty.
[19:07:31] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:07:32] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:07:37] <gumbal1> 4df+4 Danielle looks up.
[19:07:37] <Glacon> gumbal1: Danielle looks up.: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[19:07:38] <Nemi> "Neither have I.." Lis whispers. She quiets, and looks on ahead.
[19:07:38] <Roget> 4df+3
[19:07:39] <Glacon> Roget: 4 (4df+3=#4-#, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[19:07:41] <Nemi> 4df+8 per
[19:07:42] <Glacon> Nemi: per: 5 (4df+8=0, #4-#, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:07:47] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley does the same.
[19:07:51] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+8
[19:07:52] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: 9 (4df+8=0, #3+#, 0, 0)
[19:07:54] <lurkdrun> (whew, fast pacing)
[19:08:09] <Roget> 4df+3 sneak to get close to the elephants
[19:08:09] <padruns> Danielle can't tell how many elephants there are.
[19:08:10] <Glacon> Roget: sneak to get close to the elephants: 2 (4df+3=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, 0)
[19:08:20] <padruns> Marty, you step on a twig.
[19:08:22] <padruns> It snaps.
[19:08:32] <padruns> But the elephants really don't care.
[19:08:41] <padruns> Lis, you can tell there are eight elephants.
[19:08:42] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley glares at Marty, before checking over to the elephants.
[19:08:45] <gumbal1> "How many elephants are we up against?"
[19:08:47] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi walks towards them.
[19:08:54] <padruns> Harley, you see something on the first elephant. Is that … a person?
[19:09:08] <Roget> Marty looks away from Harley, ashamed
[19:09:25] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Hold up! Fuck it…Luvi!" He says in a hushed shout. He points to the figure on top of the elephant. "Someone's up there."
[19:09:33] <lurkdrun> "Who?"
[19:09:43] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks, what did his binoculars turn into?
[19:09:44] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 focus!
[19:09:46] <Nemi> "Hum, eight of them," Lis says, half to herself.
[19:09:46] <Glacon> lurkdrun: focus!: 5 (4df+5=0, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[19:09:48] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "…can't tell from here, too far."
[19:09:50] <padruns> Telescope.
[19:09:55] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls it out
[19:10:02] <ZombieRaptor> Does he get a perception bonus?
[19:10:07] <Roget> 4df+4 looking at person
[19:10:08] <Glacon> Roget: looking at person: 5 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[19:10:10] <Nemi> Lis is kind of awestruck by the huge beasts. Such majesty! So weird!
[19:10:22] <padruns> If you use the telescope, you don't need to roll.
[19:10:30] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks then.
[19:10:32] <Nemi> She's biting at the corner of her lip again.
[19:10:46] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley watches Liz for a bit, noting that he has to take her to the circus or the zoo some time.
[19:10:52] <padruns> It's a man. He wears a turban. Roll academics to learn more about him.
[19:10:53] <gumbal1> "Are elephants usually belligerent?"
[19:10:55] <lurkdrun> Ivan primes a bolt.
[19:11:01] <lurkdrun> "Depends."
[19:11:03] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+6
[19:11:04] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 8 (4df+6=#3+#, #3+#, 0, 0)
[19:11:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "You keep biting that lip of yours, you're going to get hurt."
[19:11:14] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 academic
[19:11:14] <Glacon> lurkdrun: academic: 6 (4df+5=0, #3+#, 0, 0)
[19:11:18] <Roget> 4df+4 academic
[19:11:18] <Glacon> Roget: academic: 7 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[19:11:22] <Roget> Dayum
[19:11:23] <padruns> Just luvi!
[19:11:32] <padruns> Luvi's the only one who looked in the telescope!
[19:11:34] <ZombieRaptor> Silly y'all
[19:11:55] <padruns> Luvi, he looks like what you'd expect from ancient Carthage.
[19:12:11] <ZombieRaptor> Is it Hannibal?
[19:12:11] <Nemi> She gives Harley a wry look. "How else do you think my lips are so red?" Then she giggles and turns back toward the elephant caravan!
[19:12:17] <padruns> You may even remember that there was this dude once who was famous for riding elephants into rome.
[19:12:32] <ZombieRaptor> "Holy hell, it's Hannibal."
[19:12:38] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He shakes his head with a smile, before continuing to keep an eye on the elephants. "…what?"
[19:12:43] <ZombieRaptor> How far away are the elephants?
[19:12:50] <Roget> "… Hannibal?"
[19:12:50] <padruns> They're gettin pretty far away now.
[19:12:54] <padruns> They didn't stop with y'all.
[19:12:56] <Nemi> "Hannibal? Really?"
[19:13:02] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi sets off after them.
[19:13:05] <ZombieRaptor> "Let's go!"
[19:13:08] <Roget> Marty hustles to keep up
[19:13:23] <Roget> 4df+7 tagging agile
[19:13:24] <Glacon> Roget: tagging agile: 7 (4df+7=0, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[19:13:29] <gumbal1> Danuielle hurridly follows.
[19:13:33] <padruns> Marty has no trouble keeping up.
[19:13:33] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is going at a fast run.
[19:13:36] <lurkdrun> Ivan hustles with.
[19:13:40] <padruns> He doesn't have much trouble catching up.
[19:13:45] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Aw shit, more running." He picks up the pace, keeping up with everyone while also waiting for Lis.
[19:13:49] <padruns> d6
[19:13:50] <Glacon> padruns: 6 (d6=6)
[19:13:58] <lurkdrun> *whelp*
[19:14:09] <gumbal1> "Wait, who's Hannibal?"
[19:14:16] <Nemi> Lis runs afterwards! She's deceptively quick.
[19:14:22] <ZombieRaptor> "A great military leader!"
[19:14:40] <lurkdrun> "He was a Punic Carthaginian military commander, generally considered one of the greatest military commanders in history. "
[19:15:07] <padruns> You've caught up with the elephants, but they're still ambling along.
[19:15:18] <gumbal1> "I'm afraid I'm not well versed in ancient military history."
[19:15:24] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi calls out. "Lord Hannibal!"
[19:15:52] <padruns> The man on the first elephant reacts like he's not sure he heard something.
[19:15:53] <lurkdrun> Ivan walks next to Luvi.
[19:15:58] <Roget> "He-he rode w-war elephants o-over the alps…"
[19:16:21] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi yells. "Hannibal!"
[19:16:50] <padruns> Hannibal looks down. "My goodness! The second time today I've been stopped by travelers!"
[19:16:56] <padruns> He slows his elephant.
[19:17:04] <ZombieRaptor> "Have you seen a little girl?!"
[19:17:07] <Nemi> "The second time today?" she asks, trying to sound respectful.
[19:17:17] <padruns> Hannibal nods. "Do you know her?"
[19:17:18] <ZombieRaptor> "We are on some damn adventure to save her."
[19:17:19] <lurkdrun> Ivan watches.
[19:17:24] <lurkdrun> "Katie is her name."
[19:17:25] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He takes note of that, opening his mouth to ask before Luvi blurts it out.
[19:17:49] <ZombieRaptor> "Katie is my woman's daughter, I /must/ retrieve her."
[19:17:57] <padruns> "An adventure? Well then! Climb aboard!" Hannibal stops the elephants.
[19:18:09] <lurkdrun> Ivan raises an eyebrow at Luvi's statement.
[19:18:12] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi frowns then climbs up.
[19:18:16] <gumbal1> "She's your daughter?"
[19:18:18] <lurkdrun> *sigh*
[19:18:24] <gumbal1> Ddanielle climbs up.
[19:18:28] <ZombieRaptor> "She is not /my/ daughter."
[19:18:31] <lurkdrun> Ivan is hesitant to get on the elephant.
[19:18:39] <lurkdrun> "Could I just walk?"
[19:18:39] <padruns> "I have met this Katie. But tell me about yourselves, why don't you? And your woman? I do love a good story."
[19:18:56] <padruns> "I'm afraid the elephants would step on you!" He laughs.
[19:18:57] <Nemi> ".. Alright!" Lis peers at the elephants, gauging them. This is so neat! She excitedly clambers aboard! This is SO COOOOOOL.
[19:19:00] <ZombieRaptor> "I wish we could have kept our guns…"
[19:19:01] <gumbal1> "Then why-" She stops herself.
[19:19:07] <padruns> Anyone trying to climb up, roll agility.
[19:19:11] <lurkdrun> *grumbles*
[19:19:13] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+3
[19:19:14] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+3=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[19:19:14] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley grins like a lunatic and heads over to the nearest elephant, doing his best to climb up.
[19:19:16] <gumbal1> 4df+4 LIVE TO WIN
[19:19:17] <Glacon> gumbal1: LIVE TO WIN: 4 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:19:17] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+3 oh dear
[19:19:19] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: oh dear: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:19:20] <padruns> Luvi makes it up!
[19:19:25] <padruns> Danielle makes it up!
[19:19:28] <padruns> Harley makes it up!
[19:19:29] <lurkdrun> 4df+2 "…for Katie…."
[19:19:30] <Glacon> lurkdrun: "…for Katie….": 0 (4df+2=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:19:31] <Nemi> 4df+8 agilipede
[19:19:32] <Glacon> Nemi: agilipede: 6 (4df+8=0, 0, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:19:34] <ZombieRaptor> "You are a bit cheery for the greatest military commander in history."
[19:19:35] <padruns> Sorry, Ivan.
[19:19:44] <ZombieRaptor> "Plus the lack of your army.."
[19:19:46] <padruns> Lis makes it up!
[19:19:53] <padruns> "I'm on holiday!"
[19:20:03] <Roget> Marty hops on an elephant
[19:20:13] <padruns> Roll agility to do that, Marty.
[19:20:14] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He bursts into laughter once he sees Ivan eat shit and fail to get on.
[19:20:15] <ZombieRaptor> "Well… You kind of fought non stop then died…"
[19:20:26] <lurkdrun> He glares at Harley.
[19:20:29] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi slaps Harley.
[19:20:30] <gumbal1> "Nice to meet you, Monsieur Hannibal."
[19:20:36] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Agh!"
[19:20:37] <padruns> "Yes, but this is a dream. Can a great hero not have a vacation in a dream?"
[19:20:45] <ZombieRaptor> "Why not…"
[19:20:47] <Nemi> Lis peers now toward Hannibal. "My name is Lis.. I once helped stop some evil men from making a terrible weapon, and now I am here to help find Katie!" It's vastly oversimplified. She winces at the falling Ivan and slap and shoots Luvi a glare.
[19:20:51] <lurkdrun> padruns, I failed, what do?
[19:20:52] <padruns> Luvi cannot reach Harley. They're on different elephants.
[19:20:57] <ZombieRaptor> ah
[19:21:03] <Nemi> Inwardly, though, she's super excited about elephant riding.
[19:21:09] <padruns> Walk.
[19:21:15] <padruns> Or convince someone to help you.
[19:21:28] <lurkdrun> Ivan is much better at that. Elephants are revolting creatures.
[19:21:29] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley wonders if he can goad this thing into crushing something.
[19:21:31] <padruns> Geez, your teammates are kinda selfish. : P
[19:21:35] <lurkdrun> "I'm walking."
[19:21:42] <padruns> "Suit yourself!"
[19:21:43] <ZombieRaptor> Ivan wanted to walk.
[19:21:50] <padruns> No one said he couldn't.
[19:21:57] <Nemi> Lis would help but she is not strong enough to haul someone aboard!
[19:22:09] <gumbal1> "My name is Danielle."
[19:22:10] <ZombieRaptor> "I would prefer we get to Katie as soon as possible."
[19:22:13] <padruns> Hannibal starts the elephants moving again.
[19:22:13] <lurkdrun> Ivan keeps a fair distance from being squashed.
[19:22:20] <ZombieRaptor> Is Luvi on Hannibal's elephant?
[19:22:21] <lurkdrun> "Of course."
[19:22:25] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley would help too, but that was funnier.
[19:22:35] <padruns> "I will show you where she went. What is your story, Danielle?" Everyone should be riding their own elephant.
[19:22:50] <lurkdrun> Ivan needs halp then!
[19:22:58] <padruns> Ivan can walk.
[19:23:03] <lurkdrun> kk
[19:23:10] <lurkdrun> Walking intensifies.
[19:23:11] <Nemi> "Thank you, lord Hannibal," she says, smiling.
[19:23:14] <padruns> But he's going to have trouble hearing anything that is said.
[19:23:23] <Roget> Marty looks to Ivan. "…"
[19:23:26] <gumbal1> "I was looking for a safe line of work after losing a finger in a factory. Guess I picked the wrong job."
[19:23:41] <lurkdrun> "What is it Agent Beller."
[19:23:46] * ShotgunFiend is now known as Shotgun|Away
[19:23:48] <padruns> Hannibal leads the elephants around in a circle to double back on their path.
[19:23:58] <padruns> "Lost a finger? Oho!"
[19:24:41] <Roget> "… D-do you…. ne-need an elephant…?"
[19:25:08] <Nemi> And Lis is back to surveying their surroundings with wonder. It's so dang #pretty.
[19:25:17] <padruns> "And you, man with the fiery temper. What is this about your woman?"
[19:25:39] <ZombieRaptor> "Her daughter is in a coma because of this, we are here to retrieve her."
[19:25:40] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley is still cracking up about Ivan walking.
[19:25:55] <lurkdrun> *sigh* Ivan pauses a long time. "………………….yes." He grumbles.
[19:26:00] <padruns> "A coma?"
[19:26:06] <padruns> Luvi, perception.
[19:26:11] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:26:12] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:26:24] <padruns> You hear someone clear their throat on an elephant behind you.
[19:26:33] <Roget> Does Marty need to give his up to have Ivan ride, or can Ivan ride with him
[19:26:36] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks behind him.
[19:26:48] <lurkdrun> (prolly a strength roll)
[19:26:53] <padruns> The old man is sitting on the elephant behind him.
[19:27:01] <ZombieRaptor> "What."
[19:27:13] <padruns> "I would not put a girl in a coma, and I'm offended that you would say such a thing."
[19:27:28] <ZombieRaptor> "Then be offended, she didn't wake up."
[19:27:50] <padruns> "Because she is not finished. It's hardly fair, waking her up before she's had a chance to finish her adventure."
[19:28:05] <ZombieRaptor> "Can this adventure kill her?"
[19:28:11] <Roget> Padri strength roll to put Ivan and Marty on one elephant?
[19:28:18] <Nemi> "Asking the scary questions," Lis says to herself.
[19:28:19] <padruns> Roget: go for it.
[19:28:24] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He looks over at the old man, smiling a bit. "Before you answer that, mind telling us how long these adventures last?"
[19:28:43] <Roget> 4df+2
[19:28:44] <Glacon> Roget: 3 (4df+2=#3+#, 0, 0, 0)
[19:29:04] <padruns> The old man turns back to Harley. "Until they are through." He turns back to Luvi. "I suppose, I suppose."
[19:29:12] <padruns> Marty pulls Ivan onto his elephant.
[19:29:13] <lurkdrun> Ivan reaches for Marty's hand.
[19:29:20] <lurkdrun> And takes a seat.
[19:29:27] <ZombieRaptor> "Then be fucking offended, you don't go and kill a child."
[19:29:31] <lurkdrun> "GAH!"
[19:29:47] <lurkdrun> He wraps his arms around Marty's waist.
[19:29:54] <Nemi> "What kind of adventures are there?" Lis asks the old man, carefully ignoring Ivan's own elephant adventures.
[19:29:55] <lurkdrun> "Revolting creatures."
[19:29:57] <Roget> Ivan, every muscle on Marty's body is super tense.
[19:30:00] <padruns> "I would never harm a child. Anyone can die in their adventure, though. Otherwise, it's not much of an adventure, now, is it?"
[19:30:00] <ZombieRaptor> (Ooooo party on the back elephant)
[19:30:11] <Roget> Marty blushes when grabbed
[19:30:14] <ZombieRaptor> "Well if she dies you killed a child."
[19:30:26] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Luvi drop the testosterone overdose will you? Man's just being an entertainer."
[19:30:27] <gumbal1> "Why did that woman bring her child here, anyways? Seems a bit irresponsible."
[19:30:35] <padruns> The old man turns to Lis. "All kinds. Whatever I can come up with to suit the dreamer."
[19:30:41] <ZombieRaptor> "I don't want to be entertained, I want Katie to be safe."
[19:30:46] <padruns> The man turns back to Luvi. "Aaah, but is that so?"
[19:30:53] <padruns> *about the killing thing
[19:31:10] <ZombieRaptor> "If she dies here does she die in real life?"
[19:31:11] <padruns> everyone roll perception
[19:31:15] <Nemi> "I see! So you made this for us? Why is Hannibal here? To help us on our way, or is he here to.."
[19:31:19] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:31:20] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:31:21] <Nemi> 4df+8 Eye see
[19:31:22] <Glacon> Nemi: Eye see: 9 (4df+8=#4-#, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[19:31:24] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Yeah she's definitely safe with you around." He says under his breath.
[19:31:25] <lurkdrun> Ivan holds on for dear life
[19:31:31] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+8 eye for detail
[19:31:31] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: eye for detail: 10 (4df+8=0, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[19:31:39] <lurkdrun> 4df+5
[19:31:40] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 4 (4df+5=#4-#, 0, #4-#, #3+#)
[19:31:47] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha
[19:31:47] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha: 4 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:31:52] <Roget> 4df+8 tagging in the details
[19:31:53] <Glacon> Roget: tagging in the details: 4 (4df+8=#4-#, #4-#, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:31:56] <Roget> Fffffff
[19:32:24] <padruns> Marty gets dirt in his eyes and needs to wash it out before he can roll at full perception again.
[19:32:29] <padruns> Till then, -1.
[19:32:44] <Roget> Marty rubs his eyes
[19:33:03] <padruns> Lis and Harley see the man clap and sort of fold up into not being there anymore. Harley, to you it looks a little like closing a book.
[19:33:18] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "…Huh, nifty."
[19:33:22] <padruns> Hannibal: "Who was your friend there?"
[19:33:50] <Nemi> "Aw," She sighs. "He didn't answer my question.. Interesting exit, though. Folding, huh.." She swivels her head toward Hannibal. "I have no idea! Maybe a storyteller. He seems to design adventures, at least."
[19:34:04] <lurkdrun> Ivan grips tighter. "Agent Beller, I need you to steer this thing!"
[19:34:30] <Roget> "T-trying…" Marty tries to steer. Survival?
[19:34:38] <padruns> There is no steering the elephants. They just follow Hannibal. "Calm down, scared man. We're nearly there.
[19:34:38] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "He's the guy who runs the joint I think."
[19:34:51] <padruns> Nope. There is no steering. They just sorta follow the first elephant.
[19:35:12] <Nemi> "I'm going to call him the Storyteller," Lis says, with some finality. You can almost hear the capitalization.
[19:35:14] <padruns> "Why don't you tell me your story in the last few minutes until we get there, scared man?"
[19:35:40] <lurkdrun> "Me?"
[19:35:56] <padruns> "You!"
[19:36:04] <padruns> "Why are you on this adventure?"
[19:36:05] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He chuckles, looking at Lis. "Why not Book Fella? It's simpler."
[19:36:38] <lurkdrun> "I'm here to get my friend back. She's… she's more important."
[19:36:49] <padruns> "Than what?"
[19:37:03] <Nemi> "Bookfella.." Lis mulls that over. "I like that. Bookfella."
[19:37:09] <lurkdrun> "…than me."
[19:37:15] <Roget> Marty watches Hannibal.
[19:37:46] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Glad you do, Storyteller sounds a little too up there for me."
[19:37:59] <Roget> Perc to see anything interesting?
[19:39:00] <padruns> The elephants are cresting the top of a mountain. The other side doesn't go nearly as far down as the side you came up. In fact, it doesn't go all the way down. There are several mountains getting in each other's way, and the result is a bowl in the middle of this wide clearing. The bowl is full of water, creating a lake whose surface is smooth as glass. Yes, perception.
[19:39:17] <Roget> 4df+4
[19:39:18] <Glacon> Roget: 5 (4df+4=0, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:39:23] <lurkdrun> 4df+5
[19:39:25] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 5 (4df+5=0, #3+#, #4-#, 0)
[19:39:32] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+8
[19:39:33] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: 9 (4df+8=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[19:39:49] <Nemi> 4df+8 waht do we have here
[19:39:50] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:39:50] <Glacon> Nemi: waht do we have here: 6 (4df+8=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:39:51] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 3 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, 0)
[19:39:57] <Nemi> Lis doesn't see as much as she could.
[19:40:11] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha
[19:40:12] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, 0)
[19:40:14] <ZombieRaptor> "Hannibal are you coming with us on the entire adventure?"
[19:41:42] <padruns> Lis and Harley see something shining in the middle of the lake. Harley sees that it is something gold, and something small. Everyone can see that there is a boat on the bank of the lake without sail nor oar, about big enough for one person to ride in—if they found a way to make it go.
[19:42:08] <ZombieRaptor> Are they next to the lake?
[19:42:20] <Nemi> "Hey— there's something in the lake." Lis cranes her neck and holds a hand over her eyes, peering toward it. She can't quite see what it is, though…
[19:42:35] <padruns> Hannibal laughs as he stops the elephants in a grassy part of the clearing. "Oh no. This is as far as I can take you. Once you all climb down, I must leave you." Once they climb off their elephants, they will be.
[19:42:40] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at the boat. "Hannibal, got any paddles by any chance?"
[19:42:42] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "It;s a boat! Doesn't have any sails though…or oars I think."
[19:42:45] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi climbs off.
[19:42:57] <padruns> "Me? Only elephants."
[19:43:00] <lurkdrun> Ivan tries to climb down.
[19:43:05] <gumbal1> Danielle climbs off.
[19:43:05] <padruns> Roll agility not to fall on your ass.
[19:43:13] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi sits in the boat and waits for the others to get it.
[19:43:14] <gumbal1> 4df+4 feck me
[19:43:14] <Glacon> gumbal1: feck me: 6 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #3+#, #3+#)
[19:43:16] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+3
[19:43:17] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+3=#3+#, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:43:17] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley slips down.
[19:43:20] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+3
[19:43:20] <lurkdrun> 4df+2
[19:43:21] <Roget> Can Marty roll to help Ivan
[19:43:21] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: 3 (4df+3=#3+#, 0, #4-#, 0)
[19:43:21] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 4 (4df+2=#4-#, #3+#, #3+#, #3+#)
[19:43:23] <ZombieRaptor> To get in*
[19:43:33] <padruns> Ivan's fine.
[19:43:39] <Roget> Kk
[19:43:46] <padruns> Everyone gets down fine.
[19:43:54] <Nemi> Lis nimbly hops off. "Thank you, Hannibal!"
[19:43:59] <padruns> Hannibal salutes you. "Good luck on your quest!"
[19:44:02] <Roget> Marty nods to Hannibal
[19:44:06] <padruns> He and the elephants amble off.
[19:44:16] <ZombieRaptor> How far away is the thing,
[19:44:17] <Nemi> And she approaches the boat, frowning. "There's only room for one person, Luvi. Can you swim well?"
[19:44:21] <ZombieRaptor> Swimming distance?
[19:44:24] <lurkdrun> Ivan brushes himself off. "I'm grateful that we aren't really riding elephants."
[19:44:25] <gumbal1> "Do elephants always act like that?"
[19:44:26] <padruns> nuuu
[19:44:38] <lurkdrun> *shudder*
[19:44:51] <ZombieRaptor> (No swimming? :< )
[19:44:59] <padruns> Well, you could try.
[19:45:13] <Roget> "…"
[19:45:15] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley waves to the man, before looking across the lake…roll perception to see if there's anything over therE?
[19:45:20] <ZombieRaptor> "I could swim."
[19:45:23] <Nemi> "I mean.. to dive."
[19:45:38] <lurkdrun> Ivan adjusts his glasses to see the boat.
[19:45:40] <Nemi> "There's something IN the lake, which is probably Significant in a narrative sense!"
[19:45:46] <Nemi> "But it's in the water."
[19:45:53] <Roget> Marty tosses a rock in
[19:46:11] <lurkdrun> Ivan watches the rock splash
[19:46:24] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi takes a step into the water, taking off his mail, helmet and boots.
[19:46:42] <padruns> Whacha thinkin, Luvi?
[19:46:46] <padruns> Talk to me.
[19:46:53] <ZombieRaptor> Swim to it and grab whatever it is.
[19:47:00] <ZombieRaptor> Come back.
[19:47:12] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley's trying to spot somewhere they can dock that's not too far.
[19:47:17] <padruns> You can't only be thinking such duty driven things.
[19:47:24] <padruns> What else is on your mind?
[19:47:43] <ZombieRaptor> He's thinking about getting Katie as quickly as possible, before she can come to harm.
[19:48:15] <Roget> Marty stands on the shore
[19:48:17] <lurkdrun> Ivan inspects the boat.
[19:48:30] <padruns> What do you think about that? What if you don't get to her?
[19:48:33] <Nemi> Lis opts to crouch near the boat and stare out over the lake, just taking in the beauty of the place.
[19:48:38] <lurkdrun> 4df+10 to derive propulsion
[19:48:39] <Glacon> lurkdrun: to derive propulsion: 9 (4df+10=0, #4-#, #4-#, #3+#)
[19:48:40] <gumbal1> Danielle inspects the perimeter of the lake. Percep?
[19:48:46] <lurkdrun> (science roll)
[19:48:53] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi doesn't consider it a possibility, he /will/ save her.
[19:48:56] <padruns> It's a wooden boat.
[19:49:04] <padruns> So he's determined?
[19:49:08] <ZombieRaptor> Yes.
[19:49:18] <ZombieRaptor> Very
[19:49:19] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He decides that they can busy themselves with thinking about how they'd move, he was a little content just skipping stones across the lake.
[19:49:26] <padruns> The surface of the water around Luvi slowly begins to solidify. He can't swim through that.
[19:49:46] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is surprised! He steps on it.
[19:49:48] <lurkdrun> "Look."
[19:49:57] <lurkdrun> Ivan rushes to Luvi.
[19:50:10] <gumbal1> Danielle does the same.
[19:50:13] <Roget> "…?"
[19:50:13] <padruns> There's water between you and luvi.
[19:50:18] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts walking?
[19:50:19] <padruns> You can't walk out there.
[19:50:23] <padruns> Mdef, Luvi.
[19:50:26] <Roget> Marty dives in after Luvi
[19:50:28] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:50:29] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=#4-#, 0, 0, #3+#)
[19:50:34] <padruns> Marty, whacha thinkin?
[19:50:36] <Roget> Luvi is his friend. He will be okay.
[19:50:50] <padruns> You hope so, but what if you're not?
[19:51:02] <Roget> That would be bad
[19:51:12] <lurkdrun> Ivan watches them.
[19:51:12] <padruns> You scared of that?
[19:51:19] <Roget> That would be intolerable
[19:51:27] <padruns> Mdef.
[19:51:31] <padruns> Just marty.
[19:51:34] <Nemi> Lis straightens up and peers at the water. She looks baffled. But also makes no move to actually approach the water. In fact, she seems to deliberately stray from it.
[19:51:39] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi keeps walking?
[19:51:41] <Roget> 4df+4
[19:51:42] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Oh jesus, what the fuck is this now."
[19:51:42] <Glacon> Roget: 7 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, 0)
[19:51:45] <padruns> Luvi can walk.
[19:51:59] <ZombieRaptor> He begins to walks to the center of the lake.
[19:52:14] <lurkdrun> 4df+6 Ivan steps in after them.
[19:52:15] <padruns> Marty catches up to Luvi's solid ground, and the moment he touches it, it turns from something springy to something solid as concrete.
[19:52:15] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Ivan steps in after them.: 7 (4df+6=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[19:52:20] <gumbal1> Danielle decides to follow them.
[19:52:21] <padruns> No he doesn't.
[19:52:26] <padruns> One at a time.
[19:52:32] <lurkdrun> kay
[19:52:40] <ZombieRaptor> (We don't need everyone going after it do we?)
[19:52:41] <padruns> Ivan, first give me an academics. You can tag ghost stuff.
[19:52:41] <Roget> Marty runs to catch up to Luvi "…!"
[19:52:55] <lurkdrun> 4df+10 ghosts
[19:52:56] <Glacon> lurkdrun: ghosts: 8 (4df+10=#4-#, 0, 0, #4-#)
[19:52:57] <Roget> Marty doesn't even know what it is, he's just trying to help his friend
[19:53:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks back at Marty, he slows to let him catch up.
[19:53:20] <ZombieRaptor> "I didn't know you were a field agent Marty."
[19:53:22] <padruns> This pool is reacting kinda like ectoplasm, Ivan.
[19:53:36] <gumbal1> Danielle steps onto the pool
[19:53:37] <Roget> Marty slows down when he catches to Luvi. "…. A-are you o-okay?"
[19:53:38] <padruns> If too many people with different emotions jump in it, it could confuse it with disasterous results.
[19:53:43] <ZombieRaptor> "I'm fine."
[19:53:45] <padruns> Danielle, whacha thinkin?
[19:53:55] <padruns> Luvi, another mdef
[19:53:57] <lurkdrun> Ivan cups his hands around his mouth. "AGENT HARKESS, THE WATER IS PSYCHO-KINETIC!"
[19:53:59] <gumbal1> This is pretty cool.
[19:54:00] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[19:54:01] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, #4-#, #3+#)
[19:54:06] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks back…
[19:54:18] <ZombieRaptor> "LIKE BARRY??"
[19:54:19] <padruns> The water starts to lose its solidity. Roll mdef, Danielle.
[19:54:27] <lurkdrun> "PRECISLEY!"
[19:54:30] <gumbal1> 4df+4 feck
[19:54:30] <Glacon> gumbal1: feck: 5 (4df+4=#3+#, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[19:54:46] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi thinks of Russia momentarily before going back to thinking of his mission.
[19:54:54] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley waves Lis back from the water, in case it started doing something dangerous.
[19:55:01] <padruns> Roll opossing mdef, Luvi.
[19:55:09] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 Woo!
[19:55:10] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Woo!: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[19:55:13] <ZombieRaptor> (Oh no)
[19:55:17] <Roget> Marty just sticks to covering Luvi
[19:55:28] <lurkdrun> Ivan exactly knows how to handle these kind of substances.
[19:55:31] <padruns> The surface turns like jelly. Marty and luvi, your legs sink into it. It's hard to move forward.
[19:55:34] <Nemi> Lis just stares blankly from the shore. She edges further away from the slimey water and stays near Harley.
[19:55:49] <padruns> Ivan, you remember this is a dream. Not everything works /exactly/ as you'd suspect.
[19:55:50] <lurkdrun> (Mdef with ghost specialty?)
[19:55:59] <ZombieRaptor> "Damnit! I need to get to Katie!" Luvi presses forward as fast as possible.
[19:56:11] <padruns> Is Danielle still in the water?
[19:56:14] <gumbal1> yep
[19:56:21] <Roget> "…!" agility to deal with it?
[19:56:22] <padruns> She makes no progress forwards.
[19:56:25] <padruns> Ivan, you can.
[19:56:28] <lurkdrun> "CLEAR YOUR MIND! CONCENTRATE ON MAKING IT SOLID!"
[19:56:42] <lurkdrun> 4df+11 Ivan helps.
[19:56:44] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi thinks of Katie and Laura.
[19:56:44] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Ivan helps.: 9 (4df+11=#4-#, #4-#, 0, 0)
[19:56:50] <padruns> She's kinda stuck. It's like she's in a lake full of Marshmallow stuff.
[19:57:03] <padruns> Whacha thinkin now, Danielle?
[19:57:04] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He eyes the boat, wondering if he can simply push Lis across.
[19:57:19] <Roget> Marty tries to think of… making it solid. Just thinking about solid stuff. Solid things are good.
[19:57:25] <padruns> Nope. The boat isn't gunna go through that kinda water.
[19:57:31] <lurkdrun> Ivan thinks of how he loves Katie.
[19:57:38] <gumbal1> ~What'd the Soviet say again. Make it solid?~
[19:57:41] <lurkdrun> He holds onto that feeling.
[19:57:49] <padruns> The solidity gets a little bouncy, but stays solid.
[19:57:59] <lurkdrun> And steps in.
[19:58:10] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts bouncing across!
[19:58:13] <padruns> What're you thinkin, Danielle? You're stuck in a solid lake.
[19:58:16] <ZombieRaptor> Is he near it yet?
[19:58:19] <padruns> Luvi, you reach the middle.
[19:58:25] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks down.
[19:58:26] <padruns> Marty too.
[19:58:35] <gumbal1> (In the lake?)
[19:58:37] <lurkdrun> Ivan walking across?
[19:58:39] <Roget> Marty does as Luvi does
[19:58:47] <padruns> Yes, in. It solidified around you.
[19:58:54] <gumbal1> ~Oh fuck.~
[19:59:04] <padruns> roll mdef against …
[19:59:05] <padruns> d5
[19:59:06] <Glacon> padruns: 4 (d5=4)
[19:59:08] <Nemi> "I wonder if that stuff's conductive?" Lis wonders aloud.
[19:59:13] <padruns> against ivan
[19:59:16] <gumbal1> 4df+4 hegh?
[19:59:17] <Glacon> gumbal1: hegh?: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, #3+#)
[19:59:18] <padruns> Probably, Liz
[19:59:21] <padruns> Stays solid.
[19:59:26] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "I'd rather we didn't find out with our friends still in it.
[19:59:28] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "
[19:59:32] <padruns> In the middle!
[19:59:35] <Nemi> "Exactly." She nods.
[20:00:03] <gumbal1> Danielle trys to wiggle out of the lake.
[20:00:12] <padruns> There is a hand sticking out of the water. It's made of gold, shaped like someone reaching for the sky.
[20:00:19] <lurkdrun> 4df+11 mindstrong
[20:00:19] <Glacon> lurkdrun: mindstrong: 13 (4df+11=#3+#, #3+#, 0, 0)
[20:00:23] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi grabs the hand hesitantly.
[20:00:35] <Roget> Marty points his bow at it, warily
[20:00:52] <padruns> On the ring finger is a ring, cut out of a solid ruby.
[20:01:08] <ZombieRaptor> Nothing happens as he grabs it?
[20:01:10] <ZombieRaptor> The hand
[20:01:11] <padruns> Danielle, you're pretty solidly stuck.
[20:01:12] <padruns> Nope.
[20:01:17] <padruns> It's just a gold hand.
[20:01:21] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi takes the ring. "Hmm."
[20:01:33] <padruns> Luvi! Once you take the ring, the hand moves!
[20:01:40] <padruns> It is now pointing due north.
[20:01:44] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley simply spectates for now.
[20:01:45] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks.
[20:01:48] <ZombieRaptor> Perception?
[20:01:52] <padruns> Perception, everyone but Luvi and Marty.
[20:02:03] <padruns> actually, redact
[20:02:13] <padruns> Perception, Danielle, Harley, and Liz.
[20:02:19] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+8
[20:02:20] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: 10 (4df+8=0, #3+#, 0, #3+#)
[20:02:32] <gumbal1> "Bit of help. here?"
[20:02:38] <Nemi> 4df+8 per!
[20:02:39] <Glacon> Nemi: per!: 9 (4df+8=#4-#, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:02:48] <lurkdrun> (can Ivan help her?)
[20:02:52] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha?
[20:02:53] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha?: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[20:02:57] <padruns> Not while she's stuck in a solid lake.
[20:03:14] <padruns> Danielle, you're too distracted by being stuck.
[20:03:31] <padruns> However, Harley and Lis notice orcs rushing out of the forest from the west!
[20:03:38] <padruns> There are four of them!
[20:03:43] <Roget> !!!!
[20:04:20] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Finally! Something to fucking hit!"
[20:04:22] <padruns> Once spotted, they give up on stealth. "AAAAARRGGGGHHH!" They charge, waving their battleaxes!
[20:04:29] <ZombieRaptor> Does Luvi hear it?
[20:04:35] <padruns> Everyone does.
[20:04:40] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley cracks his knuckles loudly, beaming.
[20:04:41] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi turns, he aims.
[20:04:50] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11 *twang*
[20:04:50] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: *twang*: 10 (4df+11=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[20:04:55] <Roget> Marty, bow already drawn, fires
[20:04:57] <Nemi> "Um! Green .. burly.. angry men!"
[20:05:01] <gumbal1> Danielle scowls.
[20:05:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "You hang back Lis, I got these mooks."
[20:05:11] <Roget> 4df+5
[20:05:12] <Glacon> Roget: 7 (4df+5=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:05:13] <padruns> Fire at number 1,2,3,or4
[20:05:22] <ZombieRaptor> 3
[20:05:34] <Roget> 2
[20:05:42] <Nemi> Lis raises her bow, and with uncanny grace and precision nocks, draws and releases an arrow at Orc 1. She remains near the lakeside.
[20:05:43] <padruns> 4df+5 Against Luvi!
[20:05:44] <Glacon> padruns: Against Luvi!: 6 (4df+5=0, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:05:44] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 at 1
[20:05:45] <Glacon> lurkdrun: at 1: 6 (4df+5=0, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:05:46] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+11 Harley charges number4 and swings low…right into the orc jewels.
[20:05:47] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: Harley charges number4 and swings low…right into the orc jewels.: 13 (4df+11=#4-#, #3+#, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:05:51] <ZombieRaptor> It's a poison bolt padri
[20:05:54] <ZombieRaptor> padruns*
[20:06:02] <Nemi> 4df+7 thock!
[20:06:03] <Glacon> Nemi: thock!: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:06:04] <padruns> Which orc, harley
[20:06:09] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Number 4
[20:06:22] <gumbal1> Danielle starts to think of being unstuck.
[20:06:27] <padruns> 4df+5 Against Marty!
[20:06:28] <Glacon> padruns: Against Marty!: 7 (4df+5=#3+#, #4-#, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:06:35] <Roget> Ffff
[20:06:46] <padruns> Which one, Nemi?
[20:06:57] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi finishes reloading and shoots number 2
[20:07:00] <gumbal1> Wait, can I roll bluff against the attackers?
[20:07:09] <Nemi> [ Orc 1 ]
[20:07:10] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11
[20:07:11] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 11 (4df+11=#4-#, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:07:17] <padruns> wait a sec, luvi
[20:07:33] <padruns> Orcs don't care what you have to say, Danielle.
[20:08:07] <padruns> 4df+5 Against Harley!
[20:08:08] <Glacon> padruns: Against Harley!: 7 (4df+5=#3+#, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:08:55] <lurkdrun> Ivan got a 6 on Orc 1
[20:09:10] <padruns> 4df+6 Against Lis!
[20:09:10] <Glacon> padruns: Against Lis!: 7 (4df+6=0, 0, #3+#, 0)
[20:09:22] <padruns> 4df+6 Against Ivan!
[20:09:23] <Glacon> padruns: Against Ivan!: 7 (4df+6=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[20:10:07] <lurkdrun> 4df+4 Pdef?
[20:10:08] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Pdef?: 4 (4df+4=#4-#, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:10:15] <padruns> no, that was pdef
[20:10:18] <padruns> now they're gun attack
[20:10:20] <lurkdrun> ah
[20:10:28] <ZombieRaptor> Which ones die?
[20:10:37] <padruns> Nothing's dead yet.
[20:10:38] <Roget> Did Marty hit anyone?
[20:10:44] <padruns> Nope.
[20:10:48] <ZombieRaptor> (Cause the poison, if hit, should drop it rather soon padruns?)
[20:10:52] <padruns> Luvi did the most damage.
[20:10:56] <padruns> I've got it covered.
[20:11:00] <padruns> it'll do dot
[20:11:23] <padruns> Number four swings his ax at you, Harley!
[20:11:27] <padruns> 4df+5
[20:11:28] <Glacon> padruns: 6 (4df+5=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:11:29] <lurkdrun> (what did Ivan's other gun turn into? The prototype one.)
[20:11:33] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+3 ah jeez
[20:11:34] <padruns> Pdef!
[20:11:34] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: ah jeez: 5 (4df+3=#3+#, #3+#, 0, 0)
[20:11:42] <padruns> (A fancy ass crossbow)
[20:11:50] <lurkdrun> (lol kay)
[20:11:59] <padruns> You got a slash on your arm!
[20:12:03] <padruns> -1 body!
[20:12:16] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Agh! Motherfuck!"
[20:12:16] <padruns> Number 3 slashes at Liz!
[20:12:20] <padruns> 4df+5
[20:12:21] <Glacon> padruns: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 0)
[20:12:38] <gumbal1> Danielle tries breaking out of the lake once again.
[20:12:53] <Nemi> "Yeep!"
[20:13:09] <padruns> Pdef!
[20:13:21] <Nemi> 4df+7 wauu
[20:13:22] <Glacon> Nemi: wauu: 7 (4df+7=0, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[20:13:26] <padruns> Number Two throws an ax at Ivan!
[20:13:31] <padruns> Lis is unscathed!
[20:13:37] <padruns> 4df+4 at ivan
[20:13:37] <lurkdrun> (can I try an academics roll?)
[20:13:38] <Glacon> padruns: at ivan: 5 (4df+4=#3+#, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:13:38] <Nemi> Fortunately, Lis is quick and dodgy! Though she REALLY wants to avoid getting ax'd, as that hurts.
[20:13:49] <lurkdrun> 4df+4 Pdef
[20:13:50] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Pdef: 5 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, 0, #3+#)
[20:14:02] <padruns> No damage!
[20:14:06] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Lis!"
[20:14:11] <padruns> Number one runs onto the lake!
[20:14:18] <padruns> d4
[20:14:19] <Glacon> padruns: 4 (d4=4)
[20:14:42] <padruns> 4df+7 roll opposing mdef, Ivan!
[20:14:43] <Glacon> padruns: roll opposing mdef, Ivan!: 6 (4df+7=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[20:14:44] <Roget> Marty takes aim at it
[20:14:48] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi shoots the stupid orc who thought he could take the great Luvi Harkess! Number one
[20:14:56] <lurkdrun> 4df+11 mindstrong
[20:14:57] <ZombieRaptor> (Can I shoot? :p )
[20:14:57] <Glacon> lurkdrun: mindstrong: 9 (4df+11=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[20:15:20] <padruns> Nothing happens! You can all shoot now! But tell me which orc in your roll.
[20:15:28] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11 number one
[20:15:28] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: number one: 13 (4df+11=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:15:38] <Roget> 4df+4 number one
[20:15:39] <Glacon> Roget: number one: 3 (4df+4=0, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:15:43] <padruns> 4df+6 luvi
[20:15:43] <Glacon> padruns: luvi: 5 (4df+6=0, 0, #4-#, 0)
[20:15:51] <padruns> 4df+6 marty
[20:15:52] <Glacon> padruns: marty: 6 (4df+6=0, #3+#, 0, #4-#)
[20:16:09] <Proto_Lost_Deux> 4df+11 Harley rushes at the one cornering Lis(number 3), and cold cocks him on the side of the head.
[20:16:10] <Glacon> Proto_Lost_Deux: Harley rushes at the one cornering Lis(number 3), and cold cocks him on the side of the head.: 10 (4df+11=0, #4-#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:16:16] <Nemi> Lis is now thoroughly distracted by the orc warrior up in her grille, and so she backs well away, almost to the edge of the water, with a graceful cartwheel. She comes to her feet with arrow nocked and lets fly!
[20:16:22] <Nemi> 4df+7 @Number3
[20:16:24] <Glacon> Nemi: @Number3: 7 (4df+7=#3+#, 0, 0, #4-#)
[20:16:33] <padruns> 4df+5 harley
[20:16:34] <Glacon> padruns: harley: 3 (4df+5=0, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[20:16:40] <padruns> 4df+5 lis
[20:16:40] <Glacon> padruns: lis: 4 (4df+5=0, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:16:45] <padruns> 3 falls!
[20:16:53] <padruns> Ivan, do you shoot?
[20:17:02] <ZombieRaptor> Is one dead?
[20:17:07] <padruns> Nope.
[20:17:10] <padruns> It's still comin.
[20:17:16] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Fuck yeah! Eat shit jolly green giant!"
[20:17:24] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi stabs it once it reaches him.
[20:17:28] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 at 2
[20:17:30] <Glacon> lurkdrun: at 2: 3 (4df+5=0, #4-#, #4-#, 0)
[20:17:35] <padruns> Wait, Luvi.
[20:17:43] <ZombieRaptor> (I knows)
[20:17:44] <padruns> 4df+5 ivan
[20:17:45] <Glacon> padruns: ivan: 6 (4df+5=#3+#, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[20:17:47] <Nemi> And her arrow finds its mark— as Harley clonks Orc 3 in the noggin, he staggers right into her arrow, which makes him do a totally unrealistic backflip and land on his face, arrow protruding from the back of his neck like a steel flower.
[20:17:53] <lurkdrun> (wait, can I roll Mdef to manipulate the dream water?)
[20:18:09] <padruns> Nemi: that's canon.
[20:18:11] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is on it please don't.
[20:18:14] <padruns> lurkdrun: yes you can.
[20:18:25] <padruns> So is Ivan, Marty, and Danielle is in it.
[20:18:42] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley dusts himself off, tipping his hat to Lis. "We make a good team there lis." Any of the orcs still on their side of the lake?
[20:19:20] <padruns> Yus! Number 4! And number two is only just now charging off onto the lake. But wait a moment.
[20:19:27] <Nemi> "Haha, yeah!"
[20:19:28] <lurkdrun> 4df+11 Ivan uses all of his willpower to drown the orcs closest to the water, making tendrils that grab them and pull them under.
[20:19:29] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Ivan uses all of his willpower to drown the orcs closest to the water, making tendrils that grab them and pull them under.: 12 (4df+11=0, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:19:36] <Roget> "…"
[20:19:44] <lurkdrun> >.<
[20:19:44] <Nemi> Lis flexes, bow in hand. Onlookers are probably reminded of wiggly spaghetti.
[20:19:48] <padruns> 4df+5 Mdef of 2
[20:19:49] <Glacon> padruns: Mdef of 2: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:20:00] <padruns> Two goes under and is sealed under the lake.
[20:20:00] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Sexy wiggly spaghetti though…damn.
[20:20:05] <padruns> 4df+5 1
[20:20:05] <Glacon> padruns: 1: 2 (4df+5=#4-#, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[20:20:37] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi curses, he wasted his poison bolts.
[20:20:37] <padruns> The leader explodes as a tentacle squeezes him too tightly. Everyone on the lake is covered with orc goo.
[20:20:39] <gumbal1> "How did you do that?"
[20:20:47] <ZombieRaptor> "Goddamnit."
[20:20:58] <lurkdrun> "…quiet… need… to… focus…"
[20:20:59] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley just cracks up. "Oh God! That's just gold!"
[20:21:04] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi fires at number four, regular bolt?
[20:21:07] <Nemi> "Auu! What! Eeew!" She sees orc gobbets splat nearby. Fortunately for her she wasn't ON the lake.
[20:21:07] <padruns> Number four sees its leader explode and runs for the hills.
[20:21:10] <padruns> Sure.
[20:21:13] <padruns> Go for it, Luvi.
[20:21:23] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11 "Get back here you pussy!"
[20:21:24] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: "Get back here you pussy!": 14 (4df+11=#3+#, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:21:49] <padruns> 4df+5 Runnnnn!
[20:21:49] <Glacon> padruns: Runnnnn!: 2 (4df+5=#4-#, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[20:22:08] <gumbal1> "Focus?"
[20:22:10] <padruns> You shoot it in the back and it topples over, dead.
[20:22:25] <Roget> "……" Marty doesn't even with this goo He wipes his eyes.
[20:22:27] <ZombieRaptor> "Alright, we're heading north."
[20:22:32] <gumbal1> 4df+4 Daielle tries to "focus" herself out of the water
[20:22:33] <Glacon> gumbal1: Daielle tries to "focus" herself out of the water: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:22:41] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi brushes some of the goo off Marty and heads onwards.
[20:22:43] <Nemi> Lis looks around, then rubs her nose. "Um— where's Danielle?"
[20:22:46] <padruns> d3
[20:22:47] <Glacon> padruns: 2 (d3=2)
[20:22:51] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Get the little lady out of the lake first, before we talk about leaving."
[20:22:56] <padruns> Marty, roll mdef.
[20:22:57] <Roget> Marty nods to Luvi and follow shim
[20:23:01] <Roget> 4df+4
[20:23:03] <Glacon> Roget: 5 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, 0, #3+#)
[20:23:10] <padruns> Stays solid. Sorry, danielle.
[20:23:20] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi thinks of Russia.
[20:23:26] <padruns> Roll mdef.
[20:23:32] <gumbal1> *eyetwitch*
[20:23:37] <padruns> d3
[20:23:37] <Glacon> padruns: 3 (d3=3)
[20:23:40] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+2 -2 cause Russia
[20:23:40] <gumbal1> 4df+4 feck
[20:23:40] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: -2 cause Russia: 1 (4df+2=#4-#, 0, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:23:41] <Glacon> gumbal1: feck: 4 (4df+4=#3+#, 0, #4-#, 0)
[20:23:44] <lurkdrun> Ivan clears his mind and steps back onto shore.
[20:23:48] <lurkdrun> *panting*
[20:23:50] <padruns> No minus two. You got at three.
[20:23:55] <padruns> No mdef, danielle
[20:24:04] <padruns> Ivan, mdef to oppose Luvi.
[20:24:21] <Nemi> Lis just.. stares as everyone bumbles about with the weird psychic lake.
[20:24:23] <ZombieRaptor> Why is Ivan opposing Luvi? He's getting Danielle out.
[20:24:41] <Nemi> She… sort of forgets the sploded orc. And her halted fistpump.
[20:25:07] <padruns> If Ivan wants to think about russia, ivan can, buti don't think him thinking about russia would be the same as luvi.
[20:25:08] <padruns> roll mdef.
[20:25:30] <lurkdrun> 4df+6
[20:25:31] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 6 (4df+6=0, #3+#, 0, #4-#)
[20:25:45] <lurkdrun> is that right?
[20:25:49] <padruns> The lake is starting to get confused. Tendrils come up in random places.
[20:25:54] <padruns> perfect, lurkd
[20:26:05] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts walking off.
[20:26:09] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley moves closer to her, looking out over the lake. "Well, this certainly beats breakfast."
[20:26:11] <gumbal1> 4df+4 Danielle is thinking about kicking the creator of the lake in the groin
[20:26:12] <padruns> They wave around in the air like they aren't sure what's going on.
[20:26:12] <Glacon> gumbal1: Danielle is thinking about kicking the creator of the lake in the groin: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:26:23] <padruns> d3
[20:26:23] <Glacon> padruns: 2 (d3=2)
[20:26:27] <Nemi> Lis -swiftly- nods. "Much more interesting, yes. Um. Luvi! We can't just leave her!"
[20:26:29] <padruns> marty, mdef
[20:26:32] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi isn't
[20:26:39] <Roget> 4df+4
[20:26:40] <Glacon> Roget: 3 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[20:26:41] <ZombieRaptor> He's getting off the damn lake.
[20:26:57] <Roget> Marty is following Luvi
[20:26:58] <padruns> Also, tell me if you start thinking something new. Like if Marty's confused or something.
[20:27:22] <padruns> Nothing changes, except the tendrils grow. They start grasping at the air. Luvi, you're nearly off the lake.
[20:27:27] <Roget> Marty is just continuing to focus on Luvi, thinking about following him. Also about how weird this water stuff is.
[20:27:30] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is thinking about the lake turning to water so we can all just go, he needs to get to Katie.
[20:27:46] <padruns> then mdef, luvi
[20:27:46] <gumbal1> Danielle starts screaming horrid things in French.
[20:27:52] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[20:27:53] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 6 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:27:55] <padruns> Oppose danielle
[20:28:05] <gumbal1> 4df+4
[20:28:06] <Glacon> gumbal1: 5 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, 0)
[20:28:28] <padruns> It is a little more jelly-y, but not enough. A tendril grabs Ivan.
[20:28:34] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley just winces at the swearing.
[20:28:38] <lurkdrun> "One at a time, people!"
[20:28:40] <padruns> Roll agility if you want to try to avoid it, Ivan.
[20:28:51] <lurkdrun> 4df+2
[20:28:52] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 0 (4df+2=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, #4-#)
[20:28:56] <lurkdrun> -_-
[20:29:07] <padruns> 4df+2 Not fully aware yet …
[20:29:08] <Glacon> padruns: Not fully aware yet …: 4 (4df+2=#3+#, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:29:46] <padruns> It grabs you. Tightly. You can't breath, but then … it throws you. Now you can breath, but you're being hurtled across the lake. Pdef, Ivan.
[20:29:51] <padruns> 4df+4
[20:29:51] <Glacon> padruns: 1 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, 0, #4-#)
[20:30:03] <lurkdrun> "AAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhh!!!"
[20:30:15] <lurkdrun> 4df+4 *oomf*
[20:30:15] <Glacon> lurkdrun: *oomf*: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:30:22] <padruns> Luvi, Marty, you are off the lake.
[20:30:34] <gumbal1> 4df+4 Danielle thinks of all the things she'll do to the creator of this world after she gets out.
[20:30:34] <Glacon> gumbal1: Danielle thinks of all the things she'll do to the creator of this world after she gets out.: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, 0, 0)
[20:30:45] <padruns> Ivan, you're not hurt. You bounce on the surface of the lake, tendrils grasping at you. You come to a stop just beside the bank.
[20:30:56] <Nemi> And Lis just opens her mouth, then closes it. "Doctor Zakharov..!" And then she smacks her hand against her face. An audible facepalm.
[20:31:04] <lurkdrun> Ivan brushes himeslf off.
[20:31:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He's just yukking it up now, clutching his belly.
[20:31:14] <padruns> Does he climb of the lake finally?
[20:31:19] <lurkdrun> "…I'm done with this lake."
[20:31:22] <padruns> Cause if he does, Danielle doesn't even need to roll.
[20:31:37] <lurkdrun> Yes he does.
[20:31:45] <gumbal1> Anybody who understands French will realize that Danielle is cursing several people's mothers
[20:31:57] <Roget> Academics to understand?
[20:32:00] <padruns> Okay, danielle, the water's liquid. But it's also starting to get very hot very quickly.
[20:32:09] <Roget> Marty studied french, he would know
[20:32:12] <Roget> He did art stuff
[20:32:14] <gumbal1> Danielle rushes out
[20:32:18] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads north. "Daylight is wasting peoples!"
[20:32:20] <padruns> Then he can just know.
[20:32:42] <ZombieRaptor> "If there even is night here…"
[20:32:43] <lurkdrun> Ivan nods. "Yes. Let's move, posthaste."
[20:32:44] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "You're the chumps who decided to get stuck in a pool of living jell-o you know." He reminds Luvi helpfully.
[20:32:47] <Roget> Marty blushes at the cursing. He follows Luvi, keeping his bow at the ready
[20:32:48] <padruns> Luvi still have the ring?
[20:32:52] <ZombieRaptor> Yes he does.
[20:32:57] <padruns> Awesome.
[20:33:01] <gumbal1> "Harley. Don't."
[20:33:11] <ZombieRaptor> "You're the one that stayed on the shore and did /nothing/."
[20:33:12] <Nemi> And Lis hurries along northward as well, sighing long-suffering.
[20:33:16] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts jogging!
[20:33:19] <gumbal1> "I am about to kill someone."
[20:33:24] <lurkdrun> "Agent Harkess, can I examine the jewelry?"
[20:33:28] <padruns> Although staying on the shore was probably the best plan.
[20:33:29] <lurkdrun> Ivan keeps up.
[20:33:35] <gumbal1> Danielle starts following Luvi.
[20:33:36] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hands it to him.
[20:33:41] <Proto_Lost_Deux> He follows them, smiling. "Last time I checked, me and Lis murdered the fuck out of an orc."
[20:33:56] <lurkdrun> 4df+10 ghost+academics
[20:33:57] <Glacon> lurkdrun: ghost+academics: 12 (4df+10=0, 0, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:34:06] <padruns> Ghost does not apply.
[20:34:12] <ZombieRaptor> "And Ivan killed two, your point?"
[20:34:15] <lurkdrun> 7 then
[20:34:32] <padruns> It's nothing you recognize. It's just a ring. But you can roll perception to examine it.
[20:34:49] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "My point is, check your facts before I wreck your ass."
[20:34:55] <padruns> When you get to the top of the hill on the other side, you see much of the landscape.
[20:35:33] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 Luvi looks through his telescope.
[20:35:34] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Luvi looks through his telescope.: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, 0, 0)
[20:35:37] <Nemi> Lis peers out over the landscape! She.. really rather likes this place. The view is pretty.
[20:35:59] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley stays back, making sure no orcs were gonna shoot out of the ground or something."
[20:36:01] <Proto_Lost_Deux> *-"
[20:36:09] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 looking at ring
[20:36:10] <Glacon> lurkdrun: looking at ring: 6 (4df+5=#3+#, #4-#, #3+#, 0)
[20:36:14] <padruns> To the northeast is a great desert; there is a waterfall on the mountain just east of you; the river runs mostly north but slightly east going through a town. There is a mountain, all by its lonesome, to the north.
[20:36:36] <ZombieRaptor> "To the mountain."
[20:36:50] <ZombieRaptor> "The finger poured north."
[20:36:52] <lurkdrun> "What about the town?"
[20:36:53] <ZombieRaptor> Pointed*
[20:37:00] <padruns> One circular edge of the ring is smooth, but the other is jagged, sort of like a key.
[20:37:16] <Nemi> "None of you happen to have a compass, would you?" Lis smiles.
[20:37:27] <lurkdrun> "This ring is important. Keep it close."
[20:37:31] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi pulls out his compass.
[20:37:36] <Roget> Survival to know which way is north- oh
[20:37:38] <gumbal1> "I doubt it works here."
[20:37:39] <Roget> Damnit Luvi
[20:37:41] <padruns> The mountain is due north.
[20:37:44] <ZombieRaptor> (Which he uses to not get lost when taking spiders.)
[20:37:46] <Nemi> "But this is an -adventure-. There's rules!"
[20:37:48] <padruns> Compass does work.
[20:37:59] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts running. "To the mountain."
[20:38:00] <lurkdrun> "Dreamscapes are not definite."
[20:38:01] <Nemi> Lis now peers toward the mountain.. and sets off.
[20:38:08] <Nemi> "Let's go, then!"
[20:38:08] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Why don't we just rest at the town first?"
[20:38:12] <lurkdrun> Ivan follows.
[20:38:20] <ZombieRaptor> "No."
[20:38:24] <lurkdrun> "Rest? Are you serious?"
[20:38:38] <ZombieRaptor> "Katie could die while you're lazing Harley."
[20:38:42] <Roget> "… w-we need to go…"
[20:38:51] <Nemi> "Resting in a dream, huh, wonder how that works," Lis wonders aloud as she hurries toward the peak.
[20:38:53] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi is running!
[20:38:56] <lurkdrun> Ivan hustles with Luvi.
[20:39:25] <gumbal1> Danielle follows
[20:39:31] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley rolls his eyes. "Then you need to have more faith in her!"
[20:39:34] <padruns> Everyone heads to the mountain?
[20:39:41] <Nemi> Indeed!
[20:40:02] <Roget> Marty is taking up the rear
[20:40:08] <Roget> He is also walking in the back
[20:40:14] <padruns> Perception! Someone can take Luvi's telescope if he's not here to use it.
[20:40:24] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 Luvi is here still
[20:40:25] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Luvi is here still: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, 0)
[20:40:29] <ZombieRaptor> Telescope too.
[20:40:30] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha
[20:40:30] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:40:58] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 looksee
[20:40:59] <Glacon> lurkdrun: looksee: 6 (4df+5=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[20:41:03] <Nemi> 4df+8 per!
[20:41:04] <Glacon> Nemi: per!: 7 (4df+8=#4-#, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:41:11] <padruns> Did luvi use his telescope?
[20:41:15] <ZombieRaptor> He did
[20:41:28] <Roget> 4df+4
[20:41:29] <Glacon> Roget: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, #3+#)
[20:41:31] <padruns> Then I'm giving that a bonus.
[20:42:02] <padruns> Luvi and Lis notice a flat place perhaps a mile up the mountain. There's a sort of a cave there.
[20:42:12] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi sets off towards it.
[20:42:15] <Nemi> "I see a cave!"
[20:42:17] <Nemi> "That way!"
[20:42:27] <Nemi> Lis is so thoughtful, pointing out where they're going as she sets off.
[20:42:28] <lurkdrun> "Of course."
[20:42:32] <Roget> Marty follows. Survival to know info about the cave?
[20:42:47] <padruns> There's not much you can tell from this far.
[20:42:49] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "If books have taught me anything, is that caves are rarely unoccupied."
[20:42:51] <lurkdrun> (roll science to improvise torch on the way?)
[20:43:03] <padruns> Sure.
[20:43:07] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi has his flashlight?
[20:43:12] <ZombieRaptor> What did it turn into.
[20:43:15] <gumbal1> Danielle follows.
[20:43:16] <padruns> Nope! But Luvi has matches.
[20:43:27] <ZombieRaptor> "I have matches."
[20:43:37] <lurkdrun> 4df+6 Torch improvisation
[20:43:38] <Glacon> lurkdrun: Torch improvisation: 7 (4df+6=0, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[20:43:54] <Nemi> Lis had her crank flashlight.. what did THAT turn into?
[20:44:12] <padruns> You end up with a strip of cloth wrapped around a stick.
[20:44:16] <lurkdrun> (crank flashlight in the 50's)
[20:44:32] <padruns> That turned into a lantern. No fuel, tho.
[20:44:58] <lurkdrun> "Does anyone have an ignition source so I can use this torch when we get there?"
[20:45:04] <padruns> Luvi does!
[20:45:07] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hands him the matches.
[20:45:13] <padruns> Y'know what, you guys get there.
[20:45:15] <lurkdrun> "Much obliged."
[20:45:23] <padruns> You can roll survival now.
[20:45:46] <Roget> 4df+4
[20:45:47] <lurkdrun> Ivan lights the torch and stands at the mouth of the cave.
[20:45:47] <Glacon> Roget: 8 (4df+4=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, #3+#)
[20:45:48] <Nemi> Lis unhooks her lantern from her belt. She looks at it. Knowing how it worked in the Real World.. she tries to 'charge' it. Just an effort of will and a release from her hand. Let's see if she can make a light.
[20:46:01] <padruns> Mdef.
[20:46:08] <padruns> Just liz.
[20:46:32] <Nemi> 4df+4
[20:46:33] <Glacon> Nemi: 4 (4df+4=#4-#, #3+#, 0, 0)
[20:46:42] <padruns> Marty: You've noticed nothing alive on this mountain, and no signs of life, either.
[20:47:13] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads in.
[20:47:16] <Roget> "… No wildlife…"
[20:47:22] <lurkdrun> Ivan lights the way.
[20:47:23] <Roget> "…. Could all be int-the cave…"
[20:47:34] <Roget> "… Bears…. L-lions…."
[20:47:36] <ZombieRaptor> "Katie!" Luvi calls out.
[20:47:38] <padruns> The cave is really shallow. There's a round hole in it, though.
[20:47:44] <Roget> "….. B-be careful…"
[20:47:56] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi jumps in.
[20:47:57] <Proto_Lost_Deux> Harley follows them in, looking around suspiciously.
[20:48:07] <padruns> No, just the size of a finger.
[20:48:09] <gumbal1> Danielle looks down the hole
[20:48:11] <padruns> In the back wall.
[20:48:18] <lurkdrun> "Agent Harkess, your ring."
[20:48:26] <Nemi> Does Lis' experiment work?
[20:48:26] <ZombieRaptor> Oh
[20:48:29] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi puts it in.
[20:48:38] <lurkdrun> Ivan looks at the wall with the torch.
[20:48:45] <padruns> Lis' experiment works, but only barely.
[20:48:47] <Roget> Marty hangs back at the mouth of the cave
[20:48:49] <lurkdrun> Any inscriptions or drawings?
[20:48:51] <padruns> The light is very dim.
[20:49:04] <padruns> The wall scrapes away to the side.
[20:49:14] <padruns> There is a tunnel behind it!
[20:49:14] <lurkdrun> "…."
[20:49:20] <Nemi> "Good thinking, doctor Zakharov!" She's pleased to see that she's managed to produce SOME light from the lantern. It drains her a little, but light is light. She carries it carefully and peers down the tunnel.
[20:49:38] <padruns> It's long and dark.
[20:49:46] <lurkdrun> "Seems that this entire environment is pscho-kinetic."
[20:50:08] <lurkdrun> "Better to be cautious when using that to our advantage."
[20:50:09] <Roget> Thats what she said
[20:50:17] <Roget> Marty follows up in the rear
[20:50:24] <Nemi> "Let's keep going," Lis whispers, and proceeds down, using the lantern to light her path. It's enough for that, at least!
[20:50:25] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi heads down.
[20:51:04] <Proto_Lost_Deux> "Now that's some real cloak and dagger crap." He says as the wall slides away. He turns to Lis, his eyebrows raising in surprise. "You got fuel?"
[20:51:05] <gumbal1> Danielle follows.
[20:51:13] <padruns> There's something bright at the end of the tunnel.
[20:51:25] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks at it, he raises his crossbow.
[20:51:27] <ZombieRaptor> "Katie??!"
[20:51:28] <Nemi> Lis winks at Harley, the illumination just enough to make that obvious. She says nothing.
[20:51:41] <padruns> How loud was that, Luvi?
[20:51:46] <padruns> Did you yell?
[20:51:54] <ZombieRaptor> Yes.
[20:52:03] <lurkdrun> Ivan peers at it.
[20:52:04] <Nemi> She peers now further down the corridor, focusing on the shiny thing! And proceeds toward it, lightfooted.
[20:52:52] <padruns> The end of the tunnel suddenly gets brighter and the whole tunnel gets unbearably hot.
[20:53:01] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi grimaces.
[20:53:11] <gumbal1> "Wait."
[20:53:12] <padruns> Something moves at the end of the tunnel and a giant eye takes up the entire inner exit.
[20:53:23] <ZombieRaptor> "Oh great, a damn eye."
[20:53:25] <padruns> *Who?*
[20:53:26] <Nemi> Lis .. sweats and blanches. Between what making light took out of her, the fighting, and THIS.. SHe's not having a fun time. The eye makes it worse.
[20:53:29] <gumbal1> "Are we in something's mo-" she stops when she sees the eye.
[20:53:30] <padruns> The voice is immense.
[20:53:36] <ZombieRaptor> "We search for Katie Moodie!"
[20:53:49] <lurkdrun> Ivan holds fast.
[20:53:49] <lurkdrun> <.<
[20:54:10] <Nemi> Lis quavers in the immensity of the voice— and the creature itself. She shrinks as best she can.
[20:54:12] <padruns> *I know of no names. If I knew a Katie Moodie, it was as my dinner. Come in and dine with me.*
[20:54:21] <Roget> ~pay no attention to the man behind the curtain~
[20:54:34] <ZombieRaptor> "It was a little girl…"
[20:54:51] <gumbal1> "What's for dinner?"
[20:54:56] <padruns> *Come in. Take a look.*
[20:55:03] <gumbal1> Persuasion?
[20:55:05] <ZombieRaptor> "How can we trust you?"
[20:55:10] <padruns> Go for it, gumbal1
[20:55:18] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi takes a cautious few steps forward.
[20:55:26] <Nemi> Lis puts on her Big Girl shoes and takes a breath— for what little good it does her. She steels herself and advances toward the distant light. She hopes she won't regret it.
[20:55:44] <Roget> Can marty do persuasion?
[20:55:44] <gumbal1> 4df+9 (You can trust me) I don't know, I might be allergic. Mind telling me what it is?
[20:55:44] <Glacon> gumbal1: (You can trust me) I don't know, I might be allergic. Mind telling me what it is?: 9 (4df+9=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[20:55:46] <padruns> *You can't!* The chuckle that follows it is so deep it knocks loose rocks from the ceiling and walls.
[20:55:50] <lurkdrun> Ivan consideders going full blown wizard right now.
[20:56:20] <padruns> The eye looks vaguely serpentine, or perhaps cat like. It never blinks.
[20:56:28] <Nemi> Lis remembers a saying her father told her: Courage isn't being fearless. It's being terrified and doing it anyway. She hopes he's proud.
[20:56:32] <lurkdrun> "Sauron?"
[20:56:41] <Nemi> "A dragon," Lis whispers.
[20:56:45] <padruns> *I care not if you are /allergic/*
[20:57:07] <gumbal1> "I'm also technically Jewish, so it may go against kosher."
[20:57:16] <padruns> The eye moves briefly and there is a puff of hot smoke sent down the tunnel. The eye returns.
[20:57:27] <lurkdrun> "Where is the girl!?!"
[20:57:44] <padruns> *Come look! If you can find her, I'll let her go.*
[20:58:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi starts forward. "Fuck it."
[20:58:07] <lurkdrun> Ivan steps forward.
[20:58:09] <padruns> The dragon chortles.
[20:58:16] <ZombieRaptor> "Stop that."
[20:58:18] <gumbal1> Danielle goes into the tunnel.
[20:58:25] <padruns> The chortle turns into a laugh.
[20:58:25] <Nemi> Lis trusts in her quavering light and keeps pressing forward. "Come on, Luvi, Ivan. All together."
[20:58:32] <Roget> Marty moves forward. Agility to go quickly?
[20:58:39] <padruns> No need.
[20:58:51] <padruns> Once you get to the end, the eye moves back to let you in.
[20:58:55] <Nemi> This is the first time she's said 'Ivan' instead of 'Doctor Zakharov.' She IS feeling courageous.
[20:59:03] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi steps inside.
[20:59:10] <ZombieRaptor> His crossbow is pointed at the things eye.
[20:59:12] <lurkdrun> Ivan is in.
[20:59:13] <Nemi> Lis enters.
[20:59:18] <padruns> You see that the glitter you saw at first was gold; mounds and mounds and mounds of gold.
[20:59:29] <padruns> So much gold you can't begin to imagine.
[20:59:32] <gumbal1> "I can't digest gold."
[21:00:05] <padruns> The dragon guffaws. *Take a look. There are no Katies in here.*
[21:00:05] <Nemi> Lis holds her lantern aloft. There's something to the phrase, that when you see something too much it stops seeming real. All this gold— there's just too much. She remembers it's a dream.
[21:00:07] <padruns> Perception.
[21:00:12] <Nemi> 4df+8 Per
[21:00:13] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[21:00:13] <Glacon> Nemi: Per: 6 (4df+8=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:00:14] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 5 (4df+4=0, #3+#, 0, 0)
[21:00:15] <lurkdrun> 4df+5
[21:00:16] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 4 (4df+5=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, 0)
[21:00:21] <Roget> 4df+8 tagging all in the details
[21:00:22] <Glacon> Roget: tagging all in the details: 9 (4df+8=#4-#, #3+#, 0, #3+#)
[21:00:23] <ZombieRaptor> With telescope if the room is large enough
[21:00:25] <gumbal1> 4dF+4 wha
[21:00:26] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha: 3 (4dF+4=#4-#, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[21:00:35] <padruns> The room is huge.
[21:00:36] <lurkdrun> "Is your name Smaug?"
[21:01:08] <ZombieRaptor> He looks with the telescope then.
[21:01:13] <padruns> The dragon narrows his eyes and moves his face down to Ivan's. *And how would you know that, little morsel?*
[21:01:27] <ZombieRaptor> "Ivan I haven't gotten that far in the book yet…"
[21:01:30] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi grumbles.
[21:01:45] <lurkdrun> "You are a well known character."
[21:02:04] <lurkdrun> "We can also make a deal."
[21:02:26] <Roget> Marty just watches Ivan and Luvi talk
[21:02:28] <Nemi> Lis' eyes widen. "It.. Oh got. It IS Smaug." Realization hits her like a sledgehammer and she she almost stumbles.
[21:02:30] <padruns> Marty sees Katie! She's being super stealthy on a ledge just down the wall. She has her finger to her lips, motioning Marty to be quiet as she approaches a tunnel.
[21:02:44] <padruns> *A deal? What could you give me that I would want?*
[21:02:56] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi continues looking with his telescope.
[21:03:11] <padruns> Katie is dressed like a member of the rogue class.
[21:03:16] <gumbal1> "Smaug?"
[21:03:17] <lurkdrun> "Gold."
[21:03:27] <Roget> Marty nods to her a little and takes a few steps back. Sneak to hide?
[21:03:43] <padruns> Smaug turns his big eye right on Ivan. *Where is this gold?*
[21:03:46] <padruns> Go for it, Marty.
[21:03:55] <Roget> 4df+3
[21:03:56] <Glacon> Roget: 3 (4df+3=0, #4-#, 0, #3+#)
[21:04:00] <ZombieRaptor> (Man if I had time to fight Luvi would smash smash, hide in the gold and shoot away)
[21:04:09] <ZombieRaptor> Smaug*
[21:04:20] <Nemi> Lis watches Ivan warily. ~Don't deal with dragons.. What're you -planning-?~
[21:04:23] <lurkdrun> "We just came from a lake. I can transfrom an entire lake into gold for you. /IF/ you help us."
[21:04:28] <padruns> 4df+6 Big eyes
[21:04:29] <Glacon> padruns: Big eyes: 5 (4df+6=0, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[21:04:42] <ZombieRaptor> "Where is she.."
[21:04:47] <padruns> Smaug blows a blast of hot smoke your way, Marty.
[21:04:50] <gumbal1> "Alright, what's a Smaug?"
[21:05:07] <padruns> *I will take the lake. You will get to live. This is all.*
[21:05:13] <Roget> Marty dives to the ground.
[21:05:35] <ZombieRaptor> Does Luvi eventually spot her?
[21:05:41] <lurkdrun> "/NO/ You kill us, you can't get the gold."
[21:05:51] <lurkdrun> "We /will/ have a deal."
[21:05:55] <ZombieRaptor> He didn't say that
[21:05:55] <padruns> */I/ am Smaug!* The dragon shouts at Danielle.
[21:06:16] <padruns> Didn't say what?
[21:06:35] <Nemi> Lis presses back against the wall at the shout. Her eyes are huge. She has courage, but not THAT much courage.
[21:06:43] <ZombieRaptor> Nevermind
[21:06:45] <padruns> Luvi can eventually spot her, if he's still searching. But if he is, he'll have to roll bluff to hide it from Smaug.
[21:06:53] <gumbal1> Danielle winces
[21:07:02] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+3 Luvi hides his surprise.
[21:07:03] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: Luvi hides his surprise.: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:07:07] <ZombieRaptor> Goddamnit
[21:07:38] <lurkdrun> "Smaug, do we have a deal?"
[21:07:46] <padruns> Smaug sees Katie as she enters the tunnel. *This, then, is a Katie.* He reaches out and scoops her up in his claws. *And now the deal has changed.*
[21:07:55] <padruns> Katie screams.
[21:07:59] <Roget> "!!!"
[21:08:02] <ZombieRaptor> "I will shoot you with this poison arrow you fuck!"
[21:08:06] <lurkdrun> "STOP!!!"
[21:08:15] <lurkdrun> "You'll hit her!"
[21:08:16] <ZombieRaptor> "I will cause you pain and kill you slowly!"
[21:08:21] <ZombieRaptor> "I don't miss!"
[21:08:36] <gumbal1> "Alright, what the hell, how do you people know who this 'Smaug' reptile is?"
[21:08:36] <padruns> The dragon chortles. *Arrows bounce off my beautiful scales.*
[21:08:40] <Roget> Marty looks for a way to stop Smaug. Percception?
[21:08:45] <lurkdrun> "SMAUG, THE GIRL FOR A LAKE OF GOLD!"
[21:08:46] <padruns> go for it!
[21:08:48] <ZombieRaptor> (Should we fight at this point??)
[21:09:07] <padruns> *The girl for gold … Yes. I could do this.*
[21:09:10] <Nemi> "There's one weakness," Lis murmurs. "One scale missing on his hide.." She looks for the soft spot!
[21:09:20] <Nemi> 4df+8 per if appropriate
[21:09:20] <padruns> It's there, Liz!
[21:09:21] <Glacon> Nemi: per if appropriate: 9 (4df+8=0, #3+#, 0, 0)
[21:09:21] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks with his telescope
[21:09:25] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4
[21:09:26] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, 0, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:09:35] <padruns> If you have already read the book, you can find the scale missing.
[21:09:41] <Nemi> Lis edges against Luvi. "There— on his stomach, under his left leg.."
[21:09:44] <lurkdrun> Ivan steps up to Smaug. "Now let her go and take me with you, I will show you where the lake is."
[21:09:47] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi looks.
[21:09:51] <ZombieRaptor> "Shoot?"
[21:09:54] <padruns> Smaug reaches out and grabs all of you in his claws, except Ivan.
[21:10:00] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi fires
[21:10:03] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+11
[21:10:04] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: 12 (4df+11=#3+#, 0, 0, 0)
[21:10:04] <lurkdrun> "…."
[21:10:06] <ZombieRaptor> Right into it.
[21:10:10] <ZombieRaptor> Hopefully
[21:10:19] <Roget> Marty yelps
[21:10:26] <ZombieRaptor> Poisoned arrow too.
[21:10:27] <lurkdrun> >.>
[21:10:34] <ZombieRaptor> Bolt*
[21:10:34] <padruns> 4df+7
[21:10:34] <Glacon> padruns: 3 (4df+7=#4-#, #4-#, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:10:40] <Nemi> "Yeep!" Lis attempts to avoid bein' grabbed, and also tries to locate Katie, in case … well, Luvi's shot hits home, and Katie gets dropped… She wants to be there to catch her. Or at least cushion the fall.
[21:10:46] <ZombieRaptor> (Hell yes son)
[21:10:49] <lurkdrun> ( ZR, really wants to poison something today. )
[21:10:55] <ZombieRaptor> (I really do)
[21:11:10] <ZombieRaptor> (Glacon agrees)
[21:12:02] <gumbal1> Danielle squirms and starts swearing agian.
[21:12:17] <padruns> You hit. The bolt goes all the way in, the poison infecting him directly in the heart. The dragon roars, fire going everywhere. The walls of the cave turn black. Gold melts. The air boils. Smaug's wings flap, buffeting you around the cave, but not lifting him off the ground. Pdef not to get boiled or bashed.
[21:12:36] <Nemi> 4df+7 use dat agility
[21:12:37] <Glacon> Nemi: use dat agility: 7 (4df+7=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, #3+#)
[21:12:41] <ZombieRaptor> 4df+4 "YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG LUVI HARKESS."
[21:12:42] <Glacon> ZombieRaptor: "YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG LUVI HARKESS.": 5 (4df+4=0, 0, #3+#, 0)
[21:12:52] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wargh
[21:12:52] <Glacon> gumbal1: wargh: 5 (4df+4=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[21:13:12] <Roget> 4df+5 eep
[21:13:12] <Glacon> Roget: eep: 3 (4df+5=#4-#, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:13:32] <lurkdrun> 4df+4
[21:13:42] <padruns> 4df+6 SMAUG'S SWAN SONG
[21:13:43] <Glacon> padruns: SMAUG'S SWAN SONG: 4 (4df+6=#4-#, 0, #4-#, 0)
[21:13:53] <lurkdrun> 4df+4
[21:13:54] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 5 (4df+4=0, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[21:14:13] <padruns> Marty, you're burned lightly. -1 body.
[21:14:15] <Nemi> And through it all, Lis is trying to catch Katie and get her somewhere safe. She has no real connection to the girl, but it's Necessary.
[21:14:35] <Roget> Marty winces
[21:14:37] <lurkdrun> Ivan is on the ground looking for Katie.
[21:14:42] <padruns> Katie is nowhere near the ground. She's being flailed about by the dragon.
[21:14:55] <padruns> Agility, everyone, to not be crushed by collapsing dragon.
[21:15:02] <lurkdrun> 4df+2
[21:15:03] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 2 (4df+2=#3+#, 0, #4-#, 0)
[21:15:15] <Nemi> 4df+8 agility! Ha ha! Gotta go fast!
[21:15:17] <Glacon> Nemi: agility! Ha ha! Gotta go fast!: 7 (4df+8=0, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:15:22] <Roget> 4df+4 speed
[21:15:23] <Glacon> Roget: speed: 2 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, #4-#)
[21:15:31] <gumbal1> 4df+4 ffffffffffffffff
[21:15:32] <Glacon> gumbal1: ffffffffffffffff: 5 (4df+4=0, #4-#, #3+#, #3+#)
[21:16:38] <padruns> Marty and Ivan are trapped under it's jaw.
[21:16:53] <padruns> Pdef.
[21:17:06] <Roget> 4df+5 *squealing*
[21:17:07] <Glacon> Roget: *squealing*: 2 (4df+5=#4-#, 0, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:17:17] <lurkdrun> 4df+4
[21:17:18] <Glacon> lurkdrun: 5 (4df+4=0, #3+#, 0, 0)
[21:17:31] <padruns> 4df+6 Giant fuckin dragon
[21:17:32] <Glacon> padruns: Giant fuckin dragon: 5 (4df+6=0, #3+#, #4-#, #4-#)
[21:17:57] <padruns> Ivan, you get a bruise. Marty, you get bashed up a bit more. -1 more.
[21:18:28] <lurkdrun> Ivan pulls drags Marty from the maw of Smaug and glares at Luvi.
[21:18:34] <Nemi> Lis tumbles and bounces with startling athleticism— the last reserves of energy, spent in desperation. As she rolls to her feet amidst the cascading gold and falling stones, she is intent on one thing: Finding Katie.
[21:18:51] <padruns> Perception to find Katie.
[21:18:56] <Roget> Marty is a bit dazed. They dont train you for this
[21:19:00] <lurkdrun> "KATIE!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!"
[21:19:01] <padruns> (Before she finds you, anyway.)
[21:19:08] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 eyes
[21:19:09] <Glacon> lurkdrun: eyes: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, #3+#, #4-#)
[21:19:10] <gumbal1> Danielle is still scowling, and is looking for a person
[21:19:17] <padruns> "I'm right here!" Katie comes out from under one of smaug's wings.
[21:19:33] <lurkdrun> "Are you injured?!?"
[21:19:34] <padruns> She looks pissed.
[21:19:45] <padruns> redact
[21:19:49] <padruns> Mildly irritated.
[21:19:53] <Nemi> 4df+8 eye see
[21:19:53] <Glacon> Nemi: eye see: 10 (4df+8=0, #3+#, 0, #3+#)
[21:19:59] <ZombieRaptor> Luvi hugs Katie. Knock him out now plz
[21:20:04] <gumbal1> "No, really, how did he know Smaug and his weak point?"
[21:20:09] <padruns> "I had it under control until you guys came blundering in."
[21:20:27] <Nemi> Lis exhales in relief. Which is approximately when she decides to take a kneel. "He didn't. I told him."
[21:20:29] <lurkdrun> "Agent Harkess?" Ivan taps his shoulder.
[21:20:42] <gumbal1> "Then how'd you know?"
[21:20:43] <padruns> She hugs Luvi and Ivan anyway.
[21:20:57] <Nemi> ".. points for reading fantasy." She half-grins at Danielle.
[21:21:02] <lurkdrun> Ivan has Katie stand to the side for a bit.
[21:21:13] <lurkdrun> He waits a sec.
[21:21:14] <gumbal1> "This has been an odd two days."
[21:21:19] <ZombieRaptor> Something hits Luvi's head, he drops. *WHAM*
[21:21:32] <Roget> "!!!"
[21:21:35] <lurkdrun> Ivan punches Luvi in the face.
[21:21:37] <Nemi> ".. I'm glad you're safe, um. Katie." She peers at the girl whom she had never met, but had heard so much about. And then she peers at the devastation wrought by Smaug's defeat.
[21:21:43] <lurkdrun> That's what knocks him cold.
[21:21:48] <Nemi> "Thank you, Ivan."
[21:22:04] <lurkdrun> He shakes his hand. "….ow…"
[21:22:13] <gumbal1> "Ivan, why did you do that?" She's more confused than angry at this point.
[21:22:22] <padruns> Katie: "Why are you even here, Doc?"
[21:22:25] <Roget> Marty looks more than a little shocked
[21:22:35] <padruns> Katie seems to be unworried about Luvi.
[21:22:52] <lurkdrun> "Cause he nearly killed everyone. Agent Beller is not doing that well."
[21:23:02] <lurkdrun> *sigh*
[21:23:13] <padruns> Katie turns to Marty. "Hi Mr Marty."
[21:23:31] <lurkdrun> "Anyway, Katie, we came to get you out."
[21:23:35] <Roget> Marty… gives a little wave, before going to check on Luvi.
[21:23:50] <padruns> Luvi's … alright enough.
[21:24:08] <Nemi> Lis bobbles back to her feet and tucks her lantern under her arm. She surveys the scene again, before approaching Katie.
[21:24:09] <padruns> Katie sighs. "Alright then. Let me just go grab something."
[21:24:13] <lurkdrun> Ivan's hand hurts a bit from that punch.
[21:24:21] <Roget> "… H-he's okay…" Marty sounds relieved.
[21:24:26] <lurkdrun> "Grab what, Miss Katie?"
[21:24:28] <Nemi> "It's not the Arkenstone, is it?"
[21:24:33] <padruns> Katie goes back under the wing, then comes out holding a crown. "This."
[21:24:43] <lurkdrun> "I…. see."
[21:24:44] <Nemi> Lis peers at the crown, curiously!
[21:25:14] <padruns> It's an ornate gold crown. "Now we have to take this to the fountain in town, and then the snake will send us home."
[21:25:32] <Nemi> "Okay. Let's do that. And then let's go home."
[21:25:43] <Nemi> Lis smiles, wearily.
[21:26:02] <padruns> Katie nods. "I don't think I can get back up to the tunnel I used anymore. Let's go out that one." She points to the tunnel y'all game through."
[21:26:04] <padruns> -"
[21:26:50] <Roget> Marty picks up Luvi
[21:27:07] <Nemi> Lis nods! She glances around and picks up a single piece of relatively-unscathed gold. A souvenir for dreams. Then she gives a wry smile and starts that way. "Someone get Luvi, please? And.. Let's go. By the way, Katie. My name is Lisabet. It's nice to finally meet you."
[21:27:10] <lurkdrun> Ivan reaches for Katie's hand and follows.
[21:27:27] <lurkdrun> "I'm not letting go till we get back."
[21:27:36] <gumbal1> Danielle follows.
[21:27:43] <padruns> Katie takes Ivan's hand. "Nice to meet you, Ms Lisabet." Katie looks like a bad-ass 11 year old rogue.
[21:28:10] <lurkdrun> "I'll be glad to remove this chainmail."
[21:28:17] <gumbal1> "So, Katie, what happened? I'm Danielle, by the way."
[21:28:35] <padruns> "Hi Ms Danielle. I was just doing the quest."
[21:28:36] <Nemi> "But Doctor, it suits you." She grins as she proceeds through the tunnel.
[21:28:40] <gumbal1> "Excuse the yelling, earlier. I try to keep calm."
[21:28:44] <Roget> Marty huffs a bit as he carries Luvi out
[21:28:56] <lurkdrun> "Agent Beller, can you manage?"
[21:29:08] <padruns> They get through the tunnel. "You can leave him here. He'll end up getting back."
[21:30:09] <Roget> Marty nods
[21:30:17] <lurkdrun> "Miss Katie, you are positive you are unharmed?"
[21:30:44] <padruns> She nods. She has a gash on her arm, but she looks entirely unconcerned about it.
[21:30:50] <gumbal1> "For the record, anyone who speaks French should forget my earlier comments in that language."
[21:31:04] <Nemi> "Don't worry, Danielle. I don't speak a word."
[21:31:05] <padruns> It's not long until they reach the outskirts of town.
[21:31:06] <Roget> "…. Okay."
[21:31:10] <Roget> Marty blushes
[21:31:21] <Nemi> Lis peers about town as they approach, trying to get a feel for it before proceeding.
[21:31:33] <lurkdrun> Ivan follows along.
[21:31:34] <padruns> There are four roads that go into the town, one of which is relatively near them.
[21:31:59] <Nemi> Lis shall lead the party to that road and enter town that way!
[21:32:51] <padruns> Katie follows. "The snake is waiting for me. He'll be surprised when he sees all of you, too." You see, straight up that road, the fountain that Katie was talking about. This seems to lead straight to the town square.
[21:32:54] <gumbal1> Danielle follows along
[21:33:07] <Roget> Marty huffs and puffs, trying to keep up
[21:33:14] <lurkdrun> "Very well."
[21:33:29] <padruns> Katie pulls Ivan back, taking Marty's hand.
[21:33:36] <lurkdrun> "Agent Beller?"
[21:33:44] <padruns> She slips the crown over her wrist to carry it.
[21:33:45] <lurkdrun> Ivan is pulled.
[21:33:57] <Nemi> "Since our Adventure was to help you with yours, Katie.." Lis slows for the sake of the others. She's not doing super well herself, so the repriee is, admittedly, welcome.
[21:34:06] <Roget> "…. I'm okay…"
[21:34:16] <padruns> Perception to notice the snake upon arriving at the fountain.
[21:34:25] <lurkdrun> 4df+5 look
[21:34:26] <Glacon> lurkdrun: look: 7 (4df+5=#3+#, #3+#, #3+#, #4-#)
[21:34:33] <Roget> 4df+4
[21:34:34] <Glacon> Roget: 4 (4df+4=#4-#, #4-#, #3+#, #3+#)
[21:35:37] <padruns> Ivan sees it. It's a tiny little golden snake. Katie sees it, too. "Here you go, Mr Snake." She sets down the crown.
[21:35:52] <Nemi> 4df+8 looks
[21:35:53] <Glacon> Nemi: looks: 10 (4df+8=#3+#, #3+#, #4-#, #3+#)
[21:35:56] <Roget> Marty sets Luvi down in the nearest comfortable place
[21:35:58] <lurkdrun> "Was this your quest, Miss Katie?"
[21:36:00] <padruns> Lis sees it.
[21:36:05] <padruns> Katie nods.
[21:36:09] <gumbal1> 4df+4 wha
[21:36:11] <Glacon> gumbal1: wha: 3 (4df+4=#3+#, #4-#, #4-#, 0)
[21:36:14] <Nemi> Lis seeeees the snek. She tilts her head, watching it with a weary smile.
[21:36:16] <lurkdrun> "Good."
[21:36:43] <padruns> "And now the snake will send us home." She reaches down and the snake wraps itself around her wrist. Everyone can see it now.
[21:37:15] <padruns> Snake: "Yesss. Whomever I touch, I ssend back to the earth from whensss he came."
[21:37:29] <Roget> Marty grabs Luv by the shoulder, keeping close to him.
[21:37:46] <lurkdrun> Ivan holds onto Katie's hand and touches the snake.
[21:38:13] <lurkdrun> "I hope you are truthful, serpent."
[21:38:13] <padruns> Katie: "All of us?" Snake: "All of you." Marty can roll survival to know things about the snake, if he wants.
[21:38:36] <Nemi> Lis bites at her lip. This seems to be a common habit. She extends her hand, but does not yet touch Snek.
[21:38:38] <padruns> The snake turns to Ivan. "I can carry you farther than any ship could take you."
[21:39:00] <lurkdrun> "Then return us to Site-19."
[21:39:10] <Nemi> "Yes. Let's go home."
[21:39:43] <padruns> The snake opens its mouth and bites Katie. Katie reaches out to take Marty's hand, and the snake moves over to him.
[21:39:52] <padruns> Katie collapses.
[21:40:09] <lurkdrun> "…."
[21:40:26] <padruns> The snake wraps around Marty's wrist. "Are you ready, Man?"
[21:40:28] <lurkdrun> "I hope that sent her back home, otherwise I will rend you, serpent."
[21:40:46] <gumbal1> Danielle offers her hand
[21:41:06] <Nemi> Lis blinks. Then takes a breath.
[21:41:14] <Roget> "…"
[21:41:16] <Roget> Marty nods
[21:42:08] <padruns> The snake bites him.
[21:42:26] <padruns> Ivan, Katie's not breathing.
[21:42:46] <lurkdrun> "…Katie… Miss Katie!!!"
[21:42:48] <padruns> The snake moves on, slithering over Danielle's shoe. "And you, Eve-child?"
[21:42:57] <lurkdrun> Ivan drops and cradles her head.
[21:43:13] <gumbal1> "I prefer 'Danielle'. And yes."
[21:43:25] <padruns> She is bitten.
[21:43:46] <padruns> The snake doesn't even ask Lis. Marty, you die.
[21:44:05] <Roget> Marty falls and is still
[21:44:08] <Nemi> Lis wordlessly looks from Katie, to the snake, to Ivan, to the snake. She seems as if she's about to run— but then is bitten. She looks resigned.
[21:44:26] <padruns> Lis feels the bite, and then the snake moves to Ivan. "And you are the lasst."
[21:45:08] <padruns> Danielle, you die.
[21:45:21] <Nemi> Lis trembles and looks at her hand, at the bite.
[21:45:30] <padruns> Ankle, lis.
[21:45:36] <Nemi> Oh!
[21:45:48] <Nemi> Redact. She stares downward, foot out to look at the bite.
[21:45:51] <padruns> 'sokay, i wasn't clear.
[21:46:00] <padruns> Feelin woozy, Liz.
[21:46:06] <Nemi> "… See you on the other side," she mumbles.
[21:46:16] <padruns> Ded.
[21:46:39] <padruns> The snake wraps itself around Ivan's wrist.
[21:47:02] <Nemi> And that's when everything gives out and she hits the ground like a pile of wet noodles. Black and white stand in sharp contrast to the brilliantly green grass and grey pavestones.
[21:47:07] <Nemi> Ded.
[21:47:37] <lurky> Ivan still there?
[21:47:40] <padruns> The snake wraps itself around Ivan's wrist. "And you are the lasst."
[21:48:06] <Nemi> The gold coin Lis took as a souvenir rolls in a tiny circle on the stones beside her.
[21:48:19] <lurky> "I want to /know/ that you sent Miss Katie."
[21:48:27] <lurky> >.>
[21:48:44] <padruns> "You will know." Ivan, you are bitten. 30 seconds later, you die.
[21:49:03] <lurky> x_x
[21:49:09] <padruns> Everyone wakes in medical. Laura is holding Katie so tightly, and Katie doesn't seem to like it much.
[21:49:23] <padruns> The administrator and the nurse have gone.
[21:49:28] <lurky> *GASP* Ivan jolts up.
[21:49:29] <padruns> You have been given a blanket.
[21:49:43] <padruns> No damage has been done to anyone.
[21:49:50] <Nemi> Lis' eyes flutter open. She looks unduly groggy.
[21:49:51] <padruns> Everyone is in perfect condition.
[21:49:53] <lurky> >.>
[21:49:56] <lurky> <.<
[21:49:58] <padruns> You are well rested.
[21:50:06] <lurky> "……."
[21:50:09] <lurky> "Is she?"
[21:50:10] <padruns> You may return to #origins-ic
[21:50:12] <Nemi> Being well-rested is little comfort for Lis, of course, but that's nice.
[21:50:20] <padruns> Katie is awake and a-okay.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License