Position: Occult Researcher
Demeanor: Eccentric, but kindly, and always eager to talk about his work whether you want to or not.
Nature: Deeply interested in his work, so much so that he sometimes forgets to do anything else. Kind at heart, and happy to make friends with anyone, really.
Description: Exactly like his photo. Yefim usually dresses in simple, practical clothing, unless work requires otherwise. Yefim has runic tattoos on his back, chest, and upper arms, though these are usually covered. Walks with a cane.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 1
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 4
- Survival: 3
- Academics: 6
- Science: 4
- Medical: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Occult Knowledge: 3 Yefim has spent the majority of his life studying magic and the occult. He gains a bonus to Science or Academics rolls involving this.
- Siberian Blood: 3 Yefim is from Siberia, and knows the cold. He gains a bonus on Survival rolls in it.
- A Trained Mind: 3 Due to years of study and more practical work, Yefim is no stranger to the nastier side of magic. He knows how to avoid tricks of the mind, and so gains a bonus to MDef against illusions
- Rune Mage (Anomalous): 3 Nobody knows exactly how old Yefim is, including himself. His studies into runes have managed to freeze him unaging in time, although he now relies upon these to function. He also has the ability to create runes for a large variety of purposes, such as unlocking a door, translating unknown text, or re-enforcing a barricade. In practice, this allows him to pass any skill check (barring combat based, physical based, or anomalous rolls), by GM purview. This takes approximately 5 minutes, though may again take longer by GM purview, and can only be used 3 times per run, as the materials required are rare and valuable.
- Anomalous Flaw: Yefim is only alive because of magic, facilitated by his runic tattoos. If these are damaged, he rolls with a debuff of -1,-2, or -3 on physical rolls, depending on the damage. Movement and physical exertion are more taxing, and Yefim visiably ages. If the tattoos are entirely removed, he becomes all but immobile, with a frail husk of a body. The tattoos will heal given time, and scarring does not occur over them, but only resting on medical- field medicine will not help.
- Warm, simple clothes
- Simple wooden walking cane
- Rune-making equipment
- Research notes
- Occult texts and literature
- More notes
- Various magical artifacts
Nobody is entirely sure how old Yefim is- he doesn't remember, and there aren't any accurate records. What is known is that he was born to a farmer in the late 1600s, in Siberia. He worked on the farm until he was a young man, teaching himself to read and write. Around 1700, he decided to travel to Moscow, getting a job working in a small bookshop. Here, he picked up texts on the occult and magic, and began to teach himself this. Yefim grew knowlegable, and it was not long until he whe became able to use magic himself. He travelled across Russia and Europe, learning of the magic arts, and became proficient in their use and study. In his late sixties, with death creeping near, Yefim grew afraid and looked for a way to preserve his life, finding it in a now lost Icelandic spellbook. He was able to preserve himself, and spent the next two centuries travelling, before being taken in by the Foundation in 1954. He was offered a job, due to his knowledge and expertese, and in 1957 was transferred to Psi-7, in Italy.
- Italian (Rough)
Yefim doesn't let on how old he is until he knows you well.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|