Position: Machine Gunner
Demeanor: Intimidating, generally calm but never quite relaxed. Very clearly ex-military, always looking for threats.
Nature: Surprisingly kind, and willing to go to hell and back for his teammates.
Description: About 6'2, broad shoulders, muscular build. Eyepatch over missing left eye, with heavy scarring along the left side of his face. Short, dark hair and scruffy beard. Left arm is mechanical (see below).
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 6
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 4
- Intimidation: 2
- Melee: 3 (+2)
- Ranged: 6
- Survival: 2
- Engineering: 3
- Combined Arms: 2 Time spent in the Marines, as well as with the Foundation, has left Will with a solid understanding of small-unit combat. +2 ranged when using automatic weapons in a team-support role (not the only person firing), and +2 to melee with knives for defending himself or a teammate.
- Mountain Man: 4 Born in rural Wyoming, living through the lean years of the Depression meant learning to live off the land to an extent. Will learned hunting and tracking out of necessity at a young age, skills he would later hone in the Pacific jungle and Korea. In practice, he's adept at locating potential traps and ambushes, and can often tell when something is "wrong" in a natural environment. (Applies to survival and certain perception rolls in nature)
- Improvise: 4 Both as a result of growing up in mining country and spending years in the Marines, Will has learned how to get things done with less-than-ideal equipment. He can usually hack together a field-expedient solution for simpler mechanical things (think engines or small arms, not nuclear reactors) that will at least work enough to get the job done. They won't be pretty or all that long-lasting, however. (Engineering)
- Physique: 2 Carrying around a BAR builds muscle, and firing an MG42 on the move takes serious strength. +2 Strength for upper-body activity. His mechanical arm also has its benefits, as it feels no pain, doesn't get tired and is much harder to damage than flesh. In practice, he can use it to handle hazardous objects (such as extremely hot or cold materials, corrosive agents and the like) without injury, though it can still be damaged.
- Modified MG42, plus ammo and a spare barrel
- Greatsword purchased in Banganash, made of anti-magic alloy. +1 melee vs. magic. Carried only when mission briefing suggests it will be useful.
- Lighter and pack of whatever cigarettes he can get
- Fighting knife
- Fairbairn-Sykes dagger engraved with 2/1st Marines insignia
- FN FAL 50.42 automatic rifle, carried when the MG42 would be impractical
- An advanced prosthetic arm to replace the one he lost. It’s an electro-mechanical unit, with a three-fingered hand, finished inside and out in hard chrome for corrosion resistance.
- Magic-sensing optics, integrated into a custom-made eyepatch. Using an assembly of seer stones and sewn-in runes, allows him to visualize ambient magical energy, and categorize it roughly based on its effects.
- Heavily-engraved LeMat revolver, .44 Magnum/12-gauge, with inlaid rune arrays and thaumaturgic focusing leads. +2 vs magical entities and defenses at GM discretion.
- Silver bullets: a supply of silver and casting molds to make silver rounds for the above revolver.
- Dress uniform (kept in room)
- Dark-iron longsword, picked up while fighting a dragon in Banganash.
- Small collection of mementos from before joining the Foundation, including photos, medals and an old Ka-Bar knife.
Born to a working-class family in Wyoming, it was basically a given that Will would follow in the family business and become a miner. That is, until 1941 and the entry of the US into WWII. Enlisting shortly after Pearl Harbour, Will soon found himself shipping off to the Pacific Theater as part of the 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines. There he saw action at several key battles, including Guadalcanal, Peleliu, and Okinawa. Deciding to make a career of it, he remained in the Corps and proceeded to serve in Korea. His service came to an early end at the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir, however, when a Chinese mortar shell took out his left eye. Given the choice between an administrative posting and a medical discharge, Will grudgingly retired in 1951. Several years later, he was approached by a Foundation recruiter and offered a position as a task force operative, which he accepted, seeing it as a second chance. In early 1956, he was transferred to MTF Psi-7.
- Voice is noticeably gravelly, both from smoking and spending time around flamethrowers in the Pacific.
- Lost his left arm below the elbow during an expedition into Luna's mind. Proceeded to build a replacement with help from Sofia and Dr. Vayl. The replacement is an electro-mechanical unit, with a three-fingered hand, finished inside and out in hard chrome for corrosion resistance.
- Current Banganash currency reserve: 26,000
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|The Virgin Lands Campaign||4||18/05/2016|
|Pretty Lights in the Sky||2||14/06/2016|
|Côtes de Genève||4||17/06/2016|
|The Dead City's Radio||4||03/07/2016|
|You Have Been Warned||2||05/07/2016|
|Ghosts of Christmas Past||4||04/01/2017|