Position: Intelligence/Field Interviewer
Demeanor: Wiley is often sarcastic or impolite when speaking to those he does not know, but adopts a more placid -if still sarcastic- tone when speaking with those he knows well. He is considered highly persuasive, and is able to pass polygraph tests, even when being dishonest. He will often use this to mask his true emotions, making him highly unpredictable.
Nature: Wiley considers himself to be a humanist, and genuinely cares about those he becomes attached to. He will joke around in a sarcastic or snarky way, and is generally considered to have a cruel sense of humor. After his time in the original site of Psi-7, he has become more mellow and easygoing, generally trying to get along with other agents, and keep things together.
Description: Wiley is 32 years old, roughly 170 cm. tall, weighing around 59 kg. He has blonde hair and green eyes. He speaks with a Manchester accent. Typically, Wiley wears business attire, with the exception of his brown trench coat. Despite professing to not care what he looks like, he will not tolerate any damage to his trademark trench coat.
Wiley will never be seen without his favorite deck of cards (a normal kind, not his metal deck.), and will shuffle them as a nervous habit. Because of his unflappable demeanor, this can often be the only way to see if he is bluffing. From his years as a conman, he has developed a very persuasive tone, and is highly manipulative. While he functions well with a team, he truly feels at home on the streets and back alleys. Though he no longer needs it most of the time, he still often carries food with him. You can always count on him to have a bag of crisps or teabags.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 2
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 4
- Bluff: 3
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 3
- Survival: 3
- Sneak: 4
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Mentalism: 3. Wiley is a people's person. He can see and recognize the habits of someone nervous, lying, or otherwise. Maybe they're in grief. Just knowing what to say in those positions can really help or hurt someone. The GM sets up a PERC DC for Wiley to beat, and if he beats it or manages to break even then he'll get an automatic +1. If he rolls higher than one on the PERC DC, he'll get the same number of points added on to his PERS check, capped at 3. But if he fails the PERC DC, however much he failed it by will be subtracted from his base PERS. (Applies only to persuasion.)
- Giving them the Slip: 2. As a conman, Wiley is very good at blending into crowds and appearing unassuming. Bonus to sneak while he is in the middle of a crowded area, or hiding something from the authorities.
- Knife Nut: 3. After realizing that bladed cards may not be the most practical weapon, Wiley has begun learning to use knives, both for throwing and melee. Bonus to ranged combat with his throwing knives, bonus to melee with his regular knives. If Wiley hits with a throwing knife and does damage, the skill gains one point for throwing knives only. It can go up to 7 if he hits repeatedly, but resets to 3 if he misses once. For instance, a base roll would be 4df+3. After a successful hit, it would be 4df+4, after another successful hit it would be 4df+5, and so on. (This applies to ranged only.)
- Hyper-sensitivity: 4. Wiley's hyper-senses have begun to fade, and now only activate during stressful circumstances high enough to get an adrenaline rush. When his hyper-senses have been activated, he has increased perception (able to see better in the dark, only for intense situations like combat.) Bonus to percep, obviously.
- At least one of his regular knives and at least one throwing knife.
- Deck of Cards (regular)
- Sunglasses (For his hyper-senses; now carried just in case, as they will not activate most of the time.)
- Portable drink/food cooler
- Personal Journal
- Deck of cards (steel) as a keepsake.
- The rest of his throwing knives and his other regular knife.
- A dartboard. With a few metal cards stuck in it.
Wiley Davitt was born in Manchester, in the United Kingdom. As his mother was unfit to care for herself (paralyzed from the waist down) and his father was absent, he was left to become the breadwinner for his family. Unknown to his mother, he volunteered to participate in a series of scientific experiments conducted by a military science program in return for money to support his family.
These experiments were designed to give humans heightened senses by altering their genetics, to be able to deal with extranormal (possibly anomalous) threats. Halfway through the experiment, Wiley refused to participate further, as he had overheard them speaking of extending the testing period. In retaliation, he was constantly monitored, until he escaped, leaving his mother and the military tests behind. However, unknown to him, the effects of the experiment were limited, and have now begun to fade. Slowly. Now they can only be activated under stressful circumstances, and only increase his sense of sight.
Learning to support himself by living off the street and exploiting others, he quickly became a wanted criminal throughout much of the United Kingdom. For nearly 12 years, he lived avoiding the authorities, until, looking for a job, he signed up at a Foundation Recruitment Drive.
During his stay on the original site, he conducted field interviews, and assisted other site members during missions, including the first mission to rescue the administrator from the clutches of the Serpent's Hand. Shortly after the GOC was kicked out of the site, he was dispatched on a mission that took far longer than expected, and was only recently able to return to Psi-7.
Very basic Spanish and French.
He is highly skilled in card tricks, and uses his steel cards as projectile and melee weapons. Though, more recently, he's taken an interest in other forms of weaponry… He is also very skilled in street 'magic' (not sorcery) and sleight of hand.
First member of Psi-7 to kill a Docent! Woo hoo!
His Trench coat has a habit of being put in harms way. It has a few singe marks around the edges, and a few holes. He still refuses to part with it, though.
The tea he's always drinking is really sweet, and has a slight spearmint flavor. Drinking it almost makes you feel full!
He has a few scars on his hands, from learning to use his new knives.
After activating his hyper senses, he will usually be famished, as he previously required a higher calorie intake due to his increased metabolism.
THEME SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnjIcd4L8M
1 (Un-nomalous event)
2 (Dances with Vines)
2 (Who's Knocking on that Wall?)
4 (Daed run about aliums)
2 (Duct Tape Fixes Nothing)
Total XP: 11