Position: HUMINT specialist
Demeanor: Cool, calm, condescending.
Nature: Secretive, shell shocked.
Description: Tall, thin, with short blonde hair and blue eyes. Dressed in the latest high-end fashion of the 50s. Almost always smoking a cigarette with one of those cool long cigarette holders. Looks young for her age, closer to early 20s than mid 30s.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Persuasion: 6
- Bluff: 3 +3 = 6
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 3
- Sneak: 3
- Academics: 2
- Spycraft: 5. Information gathering. Cryptography. Communications tech. Lie detection. World knowledge. Writing reports. Disguise. Getting into places she shouldn't be. Newspaper hiding.
- Socialite: 4. Manners. Current events. Interacting with the rich. Abusing the poor. Biting wit. Being classy as fuck. Not giving a damn.
- In Possession of all the Facts: 3. Years of operating a stressful, unpredictable conditions have made Sarah a bit suspicious of her surroundings. She's always on high alert for traps, double crosses, two-timings, reversals of fortune, and the like, and is good at finding them. Sometimes she goes a bit overboard though.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .38 Special + Ammo. If it's clearly going to be a more combat-oriented mission, switches is out for a Thompson Machine Gun and ammo.
- A hundred dollars, give or take.
- Lockpick kit.
- Various fake IDs and passports, as appropriate.
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here will be difficult for them to get a hold of.
- Books, mostly historical/academic.
- A large selection of fashionable outfits.
- A record player and various CDs.
- A journal.
Sarah was born in Britain in 1918 into an old money family. Her father was the owner of the largest communications company in the nation, and her mother was the heiress to a large fortune. With them, she learned the ins and outs of the complex structure of high society, the subtleties of social interaction, and how to bend people to her will. Her skills were further honed when her parents sent her to the esteemed Magdalene Catholic School for Young Women ("Mag's" to its students). She lived there for five years, coming home for the summers, and felt a growing detachment from the people around her. After graduation, she traveled the world for 2 years, mostly Africa and Europe, gaining an impressive amount of world knowledge. This, combined with her independent spirit and rough attitude, brought her to the attention of the SOE when the war broke out. They trained her in various skills, such as weapon usage, survival, first aid, and others. During the war she spent four years in France, posing as the wife of a rich businessman while she conducted her missions.
During those years she saw things she never expected: men murdered, men betrayed (often by her), depravity on a scale she never could have expected. Her already cynical worldview grew even more hardened, and to this day she struggles with the trauma of what she's seen and done.
Suffers from frequent nightmares.
Fluent in French and German.
Her mother died two years ago. She talks with her father about monthly, and doesn't feel any special connection to him.
Goes to the movies frequently.
Has a decent amount of contacts from her old line of work.