Position: Combat operative, underworld contacts.
Demeanor: Energetic, brazen, welcoming.
Nature: Her warm and energetic exterior belie the fact she is, in fact, a hardened criminal. Internally she is suspicious of those around her, and becomes remarkably cold around security personnel and former police officers. As expected for an individual such as herself, money is a strong motivator.
Description: Rebecca is Eurasian, standing at about 5'8" with a rangy build. She has tanned skin, black hair and green eyes, appearing to be in her early 20's. Her hair and skin feature wood ash-coloured flecks scattered around at random, though they appear in higher concentrations around the tips of her hair and around her hands and feet. She usually has leather wraps around her forearms, and often wears fingerless gloves. As of the incident with the vampires she now features a pair of vampiric fangs.
EDIT: As of her exposure to some strain of the Tear Drinkers, she is now very pale, almost white, her spots have faded to light grey, dark smokey colouration exists around her eyes, beginning to spread down her face like tear-ruined mascara, her lips are stained darker, and her hair is beginning to bleach white at the roots. The tips of her fingers are beginning to stain black. She's also gained 4 inches of height.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7/7
- Mental Health: 7/7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 4
- Persuasion: 2
- Intimidation: 2
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 4 (2 + 2 from Strength)
- Ranged: 5
- Sneak: 5
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Firefight Dancer: 3. Violence in Hong Kong was often sudden and quick-paced. If you didn't react fast enough, or spot the threat soon enough, you often wound up dead. This has honed her reflexes and her situational awareness. +3 to AGI to avoid danger.
- Gunslinger: 4. Gang violence favours high volumes of fire or indiscriminate blasts, often delivered by SMGs or shotguns at close range. Rebecca has trained heavily with these weapons, often favouring paired machine pistols. +4 to RNG when using SMGs, pistols and shotguns. This spec does not apply during long range firefights.
- Criminal Activities: 2. A sloppy criminal is not a free one for long. Extortion, trafficking, racketeering, Powell is adept in these and more. +2 to non-combat skill checks involving activities typical of criminals.
- Streetfighting: 3. Sometimes you've just got to make do with what you can scrounge up. Or, you ran out of ammo and your only course of action now is to pistol-whip him. Regardless of the circumstances, being able to hold your own in a scrap armed with nothing but your fists, a bootknife and whatever you can find on the ground is a useful skill in the crime-torn streets. +3 to melee when unarmed or fighting with knives, bayonets or improvised weapons.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Two Uzi submachine guns
- Remington 870 Shotgun
- Colt Python Revolver
- Bolo knife
- Boot knife
- Balisong knife
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Spare clothes
- Weapon cleaning kits
- Spare ammo
- Sawn-off break-action shotgun
- Shoulder-pad/insignia from Bloodcreed assassins in Oaexumat
- Plushie Hammerhead Shark from One Last Punch for the Road
Born in 1931 on October the 3rd to a British expat and a Chinese woman in Hong Kong, Rebecca grew up in close proximity to the criminal underworld. Her father was a trusted 'accountant' of the Sun Yee On Triad in Hong Kong, and as a result his daughter was exposed to the seedier parts of life from a young age, and was inducted into the gang as soon as she was deemed ready. Outside the gang activities, she received education at a Hong Kong school that emphasised trilingual proficiency.
In the Triad she quickly picked up the skills of the trade, and showed natural talent as a racketeer and fighter. She became a terror in gang warfare, rapidly closing to short range and dispatching rival gangmembers, often with whatever weapons she could source after running out of ammo. She was picked up by the Foundation after being exposed to an anomaly. The anomaly was being smuggled into the States by the rival Wo Shing Wo Triad, and the convoy was attacked by her Triad. During the ensuing firefight the crate containing the anomaly was perforated by gunfire, exposing Rebecca Powell. The only long-lasting effects of this exposure are the ash-coloured flecks that dot her body, and the anomaly was contained after the fight by a Foundation team. She was offered employment in exchange for not being handed over to the authorities, and she accepted readily after hearing her new salary.
Known languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Chinese name: Zhāng Rui
Kill Count: 62
Bronze Service Ribbon:
Scrambled Eggs Ribbon:
+3 from The Flesh is Weak
+2 from Russian for the Goal
+2 from Cosa Nostra
+2 from Oaexumat
+4 from Ultimo Atto
+4 from Psalm 137:1
+2 from Camp Eternal Summer
+3 from A Simple Test
+4 from The Name of the Game
+4 from And To Reap
+3 from One Last Punch for the Road
+2 from The Chukotka Connection
+2 from Golden Sunrise
+2 from Equation
+4 from The Story of a Lifetime
+2 from Refinement
+2 from The Battle of Scholars
+3 from Jaguar's Den
+3 from How Angels Fall From Heaven
+4 from Mayflies
+3 from Shedding Tears
-8 (+1 Perception)
-10 (+1 Sneak)
-9 (+1 Perception)