Demeanor: Relatively cheery, willing to chat with most people about most things. He's usually calm enough, but he's liable to get sidetracked on certain issues.
Nature: Joseph prides himself on being rational, but in situations of panic he tends to react first and ask questions later. Joseph genuinely wants to help people, especially people he considers friends. He just isn't usually sure how to do it, and ends up being conciliatory at best over their various issues.
Description: Joseph is a 5'8" man, with a pronounced limp and prematurely greying brown hair. He's not very remarkable, but his eyes are bright and with a good beard he could be considered passably attractive. Unfortunately, he shaves. He dresses well, but not extravagantly, preferring bland suits, mostly gray. He doesn't have any notable scars aside from his limp, and the scars on his injured knee.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 4
- Persuasion: 3
- Ranged: 5
- Academics: 6
- Melee: 4
- Necromancer of Dead Languages : 5. Through his many days at Cambridge University, Joseph had many classes in dead and dying languages. He is almost entirely fluent in all of them, and can translate them on the spot. +5 ACAD to any rolls involving translating ancient languages.
- Improv(need better name) : 3. Joseph used to be quite the actor in his early youth, and while his talent didn't carry on to be much use later in life, he can still manage to convince strangers with his acting, occasionally. +3 PERS on civilians, twice per run.
- Nature Boy: 4. In his peaceful childhood in the country, Joseph went on many long walks, just to look at, and later identify, the flora and fauna. He later in adult life poured over wildlife and plant identification books, and can easily identify many of them. +4 PERC for flora and fauna identification.
- Mauser C96
- Wooden Cane with a 4 inch blade stored in the handle
- A large collection of encyclopedias, varying in thickness
- A novelty cane, with a nonfunctional revolver as the handle
Joseph was born into a relatively well to do family in the countryside of England. His life was relatively calm and simple, and it wasn't until September, 1939, that that changed. He at the time was 29, and while he was well on his way to getting his second degree, he enlisted in the army.
He proved to be a decent shot in training, his only prior experience being a slight amount of hunting with his father. A month before deployment however, he was shot through the kneecap accidentally by one of his fellow soldiers.
This injury sent him home early, and left him with a permanent limp. He would go on to finish his degree in Ancient Cultures, from which he went on to teach a class in Latin at the same university where he learned, Cambridge University.
During his years teaching, he was contacted by a group, who wanted to hire him for "Translation services". After years of a stable but relatively boring job, he welcomed this job offer, leaving his teaching position for a much more exciting and dangerous one at Site 19.
- Rudimentary French
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Point Buy (+1 PDEF)||-8||Unknown|
|Defend your honor!||3||1/21/17|
|Point Buy (+1 AGI)||- 8||3/27/17|