|Nel, as drawn by an on-Site artist.|
Position: Special Reconnaissance
Demeanor: Generally amicable until someone brings up anything to do with Germany or the Third Reich, she likes to laugh. If you catch her off-guard, however, you may see her staring off into the distance, something obviously on her mind.
Nature: She's always deep in thought, though her mind can skip around. Conversations with her can turn weird very quickly, although they still stay interesting.Description: Short brown hair, dark eyes that have obviously seen too much.
All in all, a pleasant face. Her on-Site outfit and field dress are pictured below.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 5
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 5
- Sneak: 5
- Academics: 3
- Slight frame: 2. Nel's small frame grants her a sneak bonus when further away from her target (+2 SNK when > 30 m away).
- Sighted In: 3. Having a scope to help adjust for range and drop is extremely useful (+3 RNG when using scopes on rifles).
- Standard-Issue: 2. While moving around as the Malak al-Maut, Nel had to learn to act like women were expected to by society. (+2 BLUF while attempting to convince someone of innocence by highlighting her feminism).
- Tutelage: 3. Experience and Johann's smarts have helped her learn a lot of useful things over the years (+3 to ACA while on the subject of Germanic Europe and the Nazis).
- Koninklijke Landmacht Surplus 1.5 L Canteen & Day Pack
- Weapons from room
- Puma Scout Model 6320 (In right boot)
- Battered photograph of Johann
- Small silver key on a ball chain
- Aviator sunglasses with a Polaroid filter
- Lucky Rock
- Modified single-round Mosin Nagant with 4-16x telescopic sight, bipod, and pouches on the stock; strap with loops for rounds
- 2 silenced1 Star Model B .08s, 3 magazines each (21 rounds on backup per pistol); under-arm holsters
- M1917 "Knuckle Duster" engraved with an image of Death2; custom leather sheath
- 1 5,000-Round ammo can for each firearm
- Weapon cleaning kit
- Notebook, fountain pen, inkwell
- Green Venetian mask (from "Pretty Faces on Parade")
Petronella, or "Nel" for short, was born in 1924 to a poor Jewish family in Copenhagen, Nederland. She grew up on the streets and learned to be much tougher than most other young women. She learned to fight; she learned to hide; and she learned to run. She was taken to Westerbork in 1939, before being put on a transport truck which happened to be in the back of the motorcade. The truck flipped over, bursting into flames, and everyone inside was thought dead.
A group of non-Jewish Dutch went to scavenge after the procession had passed, and discovered Nel barely alive; they managed to hide her long enough for her to recover. Her legs are permanently scarred with burns, but she considers it a fine price to pay for God delivering her from the hands of the Nazis. After getting her feet back under her, Nel started back to her home, remembering hearing something about a boy in Copenhagen who had built his life from the bottom up; if he could do it, why couldn't she? She walked the fifteen miles back, only to find it completely destroyed, along with most of the rest of her neighborhood.
Completely dismayed by this, she went to the streets of Copenhagen, stealing food, money, and clothing, before breaking into the wrong apartment. As she turned from the fridge, her satchel full of food, she found herself face-to-face with Johann, who, even then, had a kind smile on his face. Johann, seeing how distressed and disheveled she was, implored her to stop stealing and let him take care of her.
He let her move into his apartment after throwing together a false wall in his closet for her to hide in should soldiers decide to inspect the house. As Johann continued his education, he tutored her in the things she missed in her high school education. Their relationship began to evolve over time, and the two quickly became friends and then lovers. Nel showed an interest in firearms and combat, and Johnny, feeling obligated, bought her as many weapons off the black market as she asked for, listed in the contents of her room.
On March 5, 1945, Gustapo began a sweep of their little apartment building, forcing Nel and Johann to make a decision: Flee or hide? They each chose differently; Nel grabbed her stuff and went down the fire escape in the back of the building, using her Model Bs to take out the sentries; the last thing she heard as she escaped was Johann's voice, followed by a series of gunshots.
Angered by the audacity of the Germans, Petronella began a guerrilla campaign against Nazi supply lines with other renegades she befriended, forming a group called "The Divine Emanations3;" the group grew to almost 50 members, and became a factor of Germany surrendering in May. Johann's "death" still fresh in her mind, and thoroughly angsty (something she's since resolved), she offered her services as an assassin to those with the right motivation—religious oppression, violent uprisings, and the like; her feminine form helped her move around the continent relatively unscrutinized4. The nature of some of her kills, such as [DATA REDACTED] and [DATA REDACTED], lead to the Foundation seeking her out for induction into Psi-7.
- 33 years old
- Birthday on April 16
- Has re-fostered her relationship with Johann
- Still (slightly) traumatized from her first encounter with the Hospital
- Italian (From Site move)
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Tattered Fates||+4||5 February 2016|
|Pretty Faces on Parade||+2||10 February 2016|
|Shanty for Whale Sharks||+2||12 February 2016|
|No World Order||+2||29 February 2016|
|Lucky Rock||-8||29 February 2016|
|Shrimp Pummeling Competition||+3||4 June 2016|
|Total:||5 EXP||4 June 2016|