|Dr. Stanek, ███████, Československo|
Position: Field Surgeon / Medical Staff
Demeanor: Stanek, in his age, has learned how to be one of the coolest heads under pressure, and prefers to stay that way at all times. It's rare to see him crack.
Nature: Osvald likes to keep himself cool and calculated, but has occasional trouble with stubborn patients, people that make snappy demands, and idiots. He admits to having a drinking problem, despite not actually drinking all that often. The admission remains on record.
Description: Stanek is a stout man, weighing in at 68 kg at a not-so-astounding 168 cm tall; he might be a bit large for his size, but he's far from unhealthy. He keeps his hair neatly trimmed. Stanek also speaks with an odd accent, a blend between German and Czech; he is also known to use idiomatic phrases and words from both languages.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 3
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Academics: 4
- Medical: 5
- Welcome to My Clinic: 4. Working during war shows some seriously gruesome injuries, and Stanek is no stranger to the worst of it. Stories say he's brought people back from the brink of death. (Stanek gains a +4 to Medical rolls when a teammate drops to 2 PHealth or below.)
- Just Ignore the Rats: 3. Working underground can prove to be a real challenge, especially when all manner of things come across the slab. From hanging guts to young corpses, Stanek has seen his fair share. (+3 to MDEF rolls for keeping sane while in unsanitary conditions or while in the presence of gore1.)
- Thank You, Come Again: 3. When the Germans came knocking, there were rules to follow: be polite, be curt, and most importantly, know what to say. (+3 to Bluff or Persuasion rolls (depending on the situation) while dealing with non-hostile NPCs that are suspicious of Stanek or his teammates.)
- I'm A Surgeon, Not a Mortician: 2. Helping patch up the Czech resistance requires some serious strength when it comes to pulling people out of the fight. (+2 to Strength rolls involving some form of rescue.)
- Briefcase (contains medical supplies)
- Labcoat (Name is embroidered as 'Oswald Standek')
- Beretta M1951
- Leather-bound journal (carried in briefcase)
- A photo-journal of patients, some pictures more gruesome than others.
- (More goes here…)
Osvald Stanek, originally █████ ████████, was born to the ████████2 family in Dresden, Germany. Family life for Stanek was centered around academia, as both parents taught at the local university; Stanek did not fall far from the tree; he obtained two degrees, in Medicine and Education respectively, in order to teach at the same university.
These plans changed, however, when the Nazi party began shifting its weight in 1938; War loomed, and Stanek believed it to be in his best interest to leave Germany and flee to Czechaslovakia. After a brief stint of peace, annexation began, and with annexation came rebellion. Stanek kept to himself, shrugging off the politics in favor of helping wounded on either side when they came through town… but even that began to change. Slowly, the help shifted to the Czech resistance, helping with anything that was necessary- from gun running to people smuggling and wound dressing, Osvald did it all. He had to help- it was what he was good at.
Years later, after the defeat of the Axis at the hands of the Allies, Osvald came out of hiding along with the rest of the resistance. Silently, he took his leave to the United States, hoping to restart his life once more. He had just set up his new practice when the Foundation came knocking; they needed capable hands, especially in the Medical staffing. Osvald accepted, and joined the Foundation in 1947. He has recently been assigned to Site-77 as assistance to its Medical staff.
Despite being so calm, Osvald swears like a sailor.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|