Demeanor: She comes off as stoic, and unassuming, when she does speak she is often brusque and to the point, but not rude. She speaks with a thick russian accent.
Nature: Kind, a little cynical, but always there to protect or help when she sees someone in need. Very no nonsense.
Description: 6'0" close cropped graying hair, a faint scar from her left cheekbone diagonally down to the middle of her chin that crosses the corner of her lips. light blue eyes. She has a slim, athletic build that is often hidden by fatigues of some kind, which are usually somewhat baggy and roomy. Almost never smiles. Speaks with a distinct russian accent.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 6
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 2
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 6
- Survival: 2
- Sneak: 5
- I've Been Through Worse: -2- Growing up poor in russia, during the russian revolution, was an experience, but it doesn't compare to what she saw while conscripted into the Russian military during WW2. She was at Smolensk when it got taken and saw nearly everyone in her division killed, she was one of the 300,000 russian soldiers taken captive there, even after escaping the POW camp, she didn't escape the war and she saw horrors in Stalingrad that shook her to her very core. Drawing on these experiences, very little shakes her any more (+2 Mdef when dealing with blood/gore/death/horrifying things)
- Sniper: -4- She shoots guns, that was her job in the military, as one of the millions of young people who were conscripted into the Soviet military in WW2, she was a good enough shot that she actually got to have one of the working, loaded guns. She trained and practiced and shot often, and honed her talent to a razor edge. (+4 Ranged combat when at a range of 100 Meters or more, must succeed at sneak attempt to get bonus)
- Tough as Nails: -1- Having survived life as a prisoner of war, Niko's raw willpower can get her through some pretty gruesome blows and get her back into action faster. (Niko can weather nasty blows, and as such, has a +1 threshold against being knocked unconscious. Bringing the amount of physical damage needed to knock her unconscious to 4 in one hit and the amount of mental damage to 3)
- Shaken, Not Stirred: -1- Niko is about as tough as a brick, and she's been through enough rough-and-tumble not to be dissuaded from explosions or rocky rides. There's not much that can keep this Russian down! (Niko is tough against trauma, and gains +1 PDef against explosions, crashes, and blast/shock waves.)
- Death From Above: 4 Nikolai was a sniper, and she spent most of her time on roofs, hills, in trees, anything to get above her enemy, as such she learned to use that elevation to her advantage. (+2 to Perception while at an elevation equal to or higher than the roof of a one story home and +2 to Sneak while at a higher elevation than her enemy.)
- Colt M1911 pistol with shoulder holster
- SVT-40 rifle with scope and sling
- 1 extra magazine for both
- Ka-Bar combat knife
- Survival Pack (Binoculars, canteen, rations, compass, rope)
- One, torn, patched, floppy stuffed rabbit
- clothes, mostly fatigues.
- Multiple landscape paintings
- An old family photo
- Extra ammunition for her firearms
Nikolas was named for her father who wanted a boy. The family was poor and her father lost his job at the factory he was in when his arm got crushed in the machinery. She had to pick up the slack around the house and go out to find work. She dressed up as a boy, cutting her hair and putting on mens clothing. She found various odd jobs and work around her hometown of Smolensk. People generally thought she was male unless they'd seen her at home, and when she was 19 in 1940 the Soviet army went through town conscripting all the men of fighting age, she somehow got lumped in.
In the army, no one noticed her gender until halfway through their (two weeks) of basic training, but she had proven herself an excellent shot, and with a knack for hand to hand combat, her superiors overlooked the mistake, they needed the bodies on the front against Germany anyways. At first she was stationed at Volkovysk, but When the defenses there fell her platoon was relocated back to her hometown of Smolensk (with 50% casualties) where they were absorbed into the Soviet 19th Army. The Soviet defenses at Smolensk were crushed with the overwhelming force of the german tanks combined with the cripplingly under trained, and under equipped army. 70% of the 19th, 20th, and 16th armies were slaughtered with 300,000 being taken captive, among those 300,000 was Niko.
After witnessing the brutal deaths of everyone else from her division, and only managing to survive by hiding under the corpse of one of her comrades, Niko is captured by the German infantry who thankfully take her for a man and lock her away with the rest of the captured soviet troops in a POW camp. She received the scar in her face at the POW work camp from a Nazi officer that lashed out at her with his knife when she spat on his boots. In the work camp, her strength and her quickness were developed with vast amounts of physical labor under harsh conditions.
During her time in the POW camp Niko promised herself that she would escape and that once she did, she would help bring down the Nazis and win this war. After almost a year she manages to escape the camp and over a few months make her way through the wilderness, hunting, trapping, and making her own shelter all the way until she finds her way to a city, the first city she finds her way to being Stalingrad.
In Stalingrad they are preparing to face the German offensive at the time, Nikolas rejoins the military there, prepared to fight to her last breath There she was given the very same Colt M1911 and SVT-40 that she continues to use to this day. She fought through the entire battle, stationed in Stalingrad, starting out as a sniper on one of the roofs, but as the fighting dragged on she was pulled into the savage, house-to-house fighting that began and lasted for nearly three months, only surviving through, a mixture of skill, and sheer luck. By the end of those three months she was exhausted, wounded, and a decorated war hero, having single-handedly racked up more kills than any three of her comrades put together (for the most part). After those three months were over, Soviet reinforcements were sent in to surround the city and cut the German forces off, Niko made her way to the Soviet lines where her wounds were tended to properly.
After the war ended, Nikolas was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, as were all surviving soldiers that participated in the battle of Stalingrad. She continued on in service with the Army for about 8 years after the end of the war, her superiors and most of her comrades were uncomfortable that a female was serving actively in the military and when Stalin died and a new regime took place during the aftermath she was 'asked' to retire from active duty with the Soviet military and started looking about for other work, she decided that the USSR was no longer the place from her and snuck across the border into the rest of Europe. She traveled for roughly five years, going from private security to unemployed, then back again, then, around February 1958 she caught the SCP's eye…
Any languages your character speaks. English is required. Languages should be justified by background or academics.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|