Position: Traditional Doctor
Demeanor: Izumi is a bright, talkative, and honest person. She tends to give off a motherly vibe at times due to her work as well as just her personality. (Though some say she is more like a little sister instead.) She likes to take care of people and make sure that everyone is doing well. She doesn't get sarcasm and some jokes will go over her head. But she will usually try to go with the flow or take things at face-value. Her demeanor goes into her work- she is a good doctor and a caring one- she is said to have a great bedside manner unless the patient is actively fighting against her or ignoring her which she will not take well.
Nature: Izumi is naturally curious about the world outside of Japan. She is also curious of the world outside the world she thought she always knew- finding it exciting. As a result, she tends to ask a lot of questions and tries to deepen her understanding of these new worlds through her conversations with others and her studies. She does also fear it too- it'd be strange if she didn't.
But- she is also pretty judgmental even if she doesn't show it often. She has a strong sense of inner feelings and outer facade and tends to take the Japanese approach to solving issues (extremely roundabout and sometimes passive aggressive). She dislikes conflict between team members so being so brash or outwardly confrontational is something she likes to avoid. She is job-oriented. She will do whatever she can to care for those under her and around her- even if it means not taking care of herself. Izumi often works long hours continuing to study or making sure there is a decent enough supply of medicine so that if anything happens she can be prepared. The only time you will likely see her worked up is if you doubt her abilities, don't listen to her instructions if you are under her care, or if her roundabout ways didn't work and she finally cannot take it anymore.
Description: Female, 5'7, 130lbs. Japanese with dark brown hair often worn up in a bun or other upstyle arrangement. Izumi has brown eyes. Izumi lost both her arms after the new years in 1958, but they were replaced by an anomaly. After kit fashioned metal casings for them, they grew new skin. The skin on her arms are an ashy grey and it is rough to the touch.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 4
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 4
- Science: 4
- Medical: 6
- Tradition: 4 Izumi comes from a long line of doctors who have practiced Japanese Traditional Medicine. While she knows Modern Applications, Izumi is well-versed enough to apply traditional methods to modern situations extending from medicinal cooking, herb identification, traditional remedies, and medicine making. In order to gain the +4 bonus to Medical from Tradition, Izumi most first make a roll of either Academics or Science to apply her knowledge at the moment. This roll can be buffed by Herbal Knowledge at GM discretion. For every point the roll exceeds the base roll that was made, the following Medical roll will gain a bonus of the same value. A negative roll will receive no bonus. This cannot be used in combat
- Herbal Knowledge: 4 Because of her expertise in herbal and traditional medicine, Izumi is well versed on the effects of various substances on the body. She can create medicines, poisons, and antidotes. She also can identify plants easily so long as they aren't anomalous. (+4 Academics/Science when making or identifying poisons or antidotes using herbology This cannot be used in combat)
- On the Knife's Edge: 4 Also harkening back to her knowledge in medicine; Izumi knows various areas to cut and inflict max damage should she get close enough. She is very precise and accurate in her movements when in close range and using sharpened tools like knives or needles. (+4 Melee In a Sneak Attack)
- Mauser gun and Ammo
- First Aid Kit
- Notepad and Pens
- Grandfather's Pocketwatch
- Bag to hold most of the above items
- First Aid Manuel/ Advanced Field Guide
- Various Japanese Medicinal Herbs, Supplies and Seeds
- Japanese Food Ingredients
- A Variety of Japanese tea including Shizuoka Green Tea and stuff to prepare said tea
- Photograph of both her family and her hometown
- Bookshelf of books, including a blank journal she draws in.
- Japanese and English medicine books
- Murata's Recipe Book (For Medicine, Antidotes, Poisons)
- Set of watercolors, pens, and pencils
- Japanese/English Dictionary
- Japanese/Italian Dictionary
- Beginner's Italian Book
- Small sewing kit
- A small bear plush
Izumi was born to the Murata family on September 18th, 1931. Both her father and mother belonged to families that specialized in medicine. As a result, from a very young age Izumi was exposed to both traditional medicine (Kampō) and modern medicine (since Japanese government pushed to modernize medicine before Izumi was born).
Kampō is the Japanese study of Traditional Chinese Medicine and as a result the overlap is inevitable. The Japanese version of this will often utilize Chinese therapies for example: Acupuncture and moxibustion. But for a large amount will mostly rely on things such as the study and knowledge of herbs.
Izumi's family lived in the mountains of Shizuoka Prefecture. There she grew up in a fairly small town while her father commuted to the larger cities to work at his practice. During World War Two Izumi was largely kept away from the cities for her protection unless on errands which proved to be wise. Shizuoka was bombed in 1945 when she was 13 years old.
Throughout her life, her mother and father as well as all of her family members kept a constant pressure on her to continue her studies as well as learn how to properly care for a house and family- things that would be expected of her to know once she was married. However, Izumi's passion still lay with medicine. She became exceptionally good at growing and identifying certain herbs. And her accuracy when it came to medicinal procedures and diagnosis soon began to rival her parents.
When Izumi was 18 she went to go study medicine in the city. She worked in American military hospitals. While interacting with the Americans and in the modern setting- Izumi began to grow a desire to learn more about medicine and the world beyond her small town in the mountains and soon beyond the hospital in the city.
Izumi was approached with a job offer from the Foundation when she was 23 years old- with it was a chance to see and do things outside of Japan. So Izumi decided to take the job instead of getting married and settling down like her family had wanted her do. Izumi was sent to a Foundation Training Site where she underwent special medicine training, arms training, and intensive English lessons. Now she has finally gotten her first real assignment at Site-77
- Japanese (Native)
- English (Second Language/Professional Working Knowledge)
- Italian (Elementary/Intermediate)
- Izumi is a very good cook when it comes to Japanese cooking. Western style cooking still leaves a lot of room for improvement.
- When it comes to mixing herbal teas- this goes right in with Izumi's work. She rather enjoys tea and prefers it over coffee. However she is getting more used to the taste.
- Izumi does smoke.
XP: 5How much XP your character currently has. Also list any XP you have received or spent, and where it came from or where it went.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Roget Run of Doom||+5||7/7/16|
|Lady Katie's Island Run||+2||9/10/16|
|Balthazaar's Ioanna Run||+4||11/11/16|
|Daed's Japan Run Oni||+3||12/29/16|
|Roget Bone Bowe Run||+3||1/02/17|
|DSJ Body Horror Run||+2||1/03/17|
|Dead's Mirror Run||+4||1/09/17|
|Tal's Set Up Run where people get screwed (Shadow Games)||+3||1/15/17|
|Getting First Aid Manuel/Advanced Field Guide||-12||1/15/17|
|A Web of Stories||+2||1/16/17|