Position: Security, long range recon/marksman, scout.
Demeanor: Generally calm, even under pressure, but can become irritable if things are not to up to his standards.
Nature: A perfectionist through and through. Calm and collected under most circumstances, but becomes irritable and obsessive when things are not to his personal liking.
Description: Matt stands at an above-average six feet tall, and weighs around 170 lbs, and is 33 years old. He generally keeps his dark brown hair close-cropped military-style, accenting his dark blue eyes. Three long white scars start at the base of his left wrist, and end about three inches up his arm, caused by an animal attack in the forests of Burma during his deployment. His usual attire consists of an olive drab t-shirt and cargo pants, accompanied by an olive drab jacket in colder weather.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 4
- Strength: 5
- Melee: 4 (+2 from STR)
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 3
- Sneak: 5
- Devout Marksman: 6. Multiple years of rifle training and use has molded Matt into a renowned marksman on and off the battlefield when using his trusty Springfield, or other comparable marksman rifles. Grants half the bonus to most any other ranged weapon (Shotguns, Handguns, anything firing full-auto) (Ranged)
- Precision Vision: 3. Always one to spot something misplaced, out of the ordinary, or simply well-hidden, Matt's eyes are tuned for finding that one thing everyone else might seem to miss. (Perception)
- Battleground Veteran: 3. Having been put through two wars performing scouting and reconnaissance, Matt has a respectable amount of knowledge in various environments and locales. He knows how to read the terrain and is exceptionally good at remaining undetected in natural environments. (Survival, Stealth)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Scoped M1903 Springfield
- Colt M1911
- Binoculars (Kept enclosed on a waist pouch)
- Springfield and M1911 ammunition
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Scoped FN FAL (Bought to possibly replace his aging Springfield, exchangeable with Springfield) Stolen in the raid of the site.
- Engraved BAR (Gift from Emily, exchangeable with Springfield) Stolen in the raid of the site.
- Albert's Remington Rolling Block rifle (Left to Matt in Albert's will)
- Hand-made ghillie suit, made for use specifically in Site-19's surrounding forest. (No bonuses)
- A pair of Aviator sunglasses
- Notebook w/ Pencil (Notebook primarily filled with pencil sketches, occasional page of actual notes)
- Tri-fold Wallet
- Various pictures of family (In wallet)
- A small collection of personal art pieces
Matt was born in Tennessee in the fall of 1921 to Barry and Maria Harrison. Throughout his childhood, Matt was frequently noted by his parents, teachers, and peers as being irritable, especially in the classroom and at home, often becoming very upset if he didn't score perfectly on a test or if things weren't just so at home.
These emotions eventually led Matt through school with near-perfect grades, earning him a number of scholarships that he used to attend university with the intent of majoring in mathematics. This hope however, was dashed after just a year in college when the US entered the Second World War in 1941, in which Matt signed up.
Exemplary performance in boot camp granted Matt the opportunity to join the Alamo Scouts program, a top-secret scout and reconnaissance division that infiltrates deep behind enemy lines to gather information and recover POWs, all after nine six-week training periods in nine different locations designed to help the team operate under pressure, in unfamiliar circumstances, and operate their weapons and equipment efficiently.
Matt served with the Alamo Scouts until the end of the war and was placed into the Army Reserves after being decorated with the Expert Marksman Badge in the Rifle category, among other service medals. During this time, Matt returned home to finish his college education, which was nearly interrupted again by the onset of the Korean War. Matt was taken out of the Reserves and returned to active duty in 1950 and shipped off the South Korea after being assigned to Task Force Smith, a small forward element the 24th Army Division.
Matt's experience from the Korean War differed wildly from his experience from the Second World War. Straight away, Matt's squadron was destroyed by the better armed and armored KPA. His squad-mates were either killed or taken captive, only him and one other making it back to the Pusan perimeter. Despite this, Matt pushed onward, joining another squadron from the 24th and aiding in the Pusan-Perimeter Counter Attack. After which, Matt completed numerous more search and rescue and infiltration sorties.
Matt returned home once more with the advent of the Demilitarized Zone, this time hanging up his fatigues for what he thought would be the last time when he retired from active service entirely, nearly two years later in late 1954. The Foundation on the other hand, had other plans for Matt. Six months after his official retirement, Matt was recruited and brought to Site-19 to fulfill security and reconnaissance details.
Matt's father is a physician, and the owner of a drug store in Chicago, where his mother works for him.
Matt's scar is the result of one of only three major injuries reported in the entire 138 man division over the entire course of the war.
The engraving on Matt's BAR reads: "To my Matt. May this protect you when I can't - Emily"