Position: Mafia gunner/Blood expert
Demeanor: Often comes off as snide, with the tendency of using his past, both anomalous and criminal, to try and freak out the people he meets. Calm and rather careless most of the time, much more enthusiastic and excited during combat, especially if blood is shed. May seem obsessed with his job at times.
Nature: Even though his past might imply otherwise, Massimiliano is a loyal man. Those he chooses to let close would find him a rather friendly soul, if made a bit cold by his and his family's actions. The excitement and thrill he feels in combat is mostly bloodlust, yet he can be collected enough as well. The obsession with his job is, in fact, obsession with blood.
Description: A man in his late twenties/early thirties, standing at 179 cm and weighing 68 kg. Light build, tanned skin. Keeps his dark hair cut short and his face shaved. Olive green eyes, and usually seen wearing a grin, made slightly eerie by his pointed teeth, two fangs being dominant. Almost always wears a blue pinstripe suit and fedora. Has deep scars on his sides, as well as his arms and legs, and a large, jagged scar in the middle of his chest.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 2
- Intimidation: 4
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Sneak: 4
- Science: 2
- Medical: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- The Merzallo's send their regards: 2. Massi was a member of the mafia, and thus, honed his skills with the appropriate guns. That is, the Beretta and tommygun. (Bonus to Ranged with these weapons.)
- The juice of life: 6. Massi, during his time as a vampire, became quite the expert on blood. Though his haematomania is not quite a desirable side effect, he is still an expert on all things blood, from judging victim position based on splatters and determining what said blood came from in the field, to more complex tests in a lab environment. (Bonus to various blood related rolls: +3 to science and +3 to medical when dealing with blood in some way.)
- Underground business: 2. Working for the mob takes skill. Getting away from the scene before the cops get there, bluffing your way out of trouble and, if all else fails, getting the folks to back the hell off helps. Having pointy teeth also helps. (Bonus to Stealth when trying to sneak out of a crime scene/mission area, bluff when covering up actions, intimidation when target can see Massi.)
- Fanged Grin (ANOMALOUS): 2.Massi was, and still partially is, a vampire, and can use his bite as a powerful weapon, granting a bonus to melee when biting, and having the chance to cause bleeding. (For every 2 points over his 4df+4 attack, lowers enemy PDef by1. Other effects at GM discretion. Doesn't work on targets that don't bleed.)
- Haematomania (FLAW): Massi likes blood. Matter of fact, he has a rather unhealthy obsessions with it, due to his time as a vampire and work at The Foundation. Whether out on the field or on-site, he will often find himself wandering near the substance, just to get a sample, or maybe a taste. (Upon Massi seeing blood out in the open, the GM can request an MDef roll. If he fails it, he will be compelled to get a blood sample, taste the blood, or, at the very least, approach it.)
- Thompson 1928 (In case on back)
- Beretta M1951 (Hip holster)
- Stiletto (In sheath below his wrist, hidden under his suit sleeve)
- Several glass vials
- Zippo lighter
- Sterile rubber gloves
- Investigator's Cookbook
- A collection of wine, including a crate of bloodwine
- Blood samples
- Case files from the Merzallo case, neatly organized in a cardboard box under the bed.
- Several expensive Italian suits
Massimiliano Merzallo Crocetti was born in January 5th, 1928, to Alfredo Merzallo and his mistress Miranda Crocetti. He was the youngest of Alfredo's children, having two older brothers: Lenny and Alfonzo. Alfonzo was shot and killed by a member of the Gambino family when he was 16.
Massi and his brother grew up learning the art of being a criminal - Lying, hiding, stealing, fighting, killing. He learned fast, as did his brother. Both were fully inducted in the family at the ages of 17, four years apart.
Massi spent 11 years working for the mob as a saldato, doing various jobs, ranging from extortion, threatening and robberies to murder, fights with rival families and kidnapping. He quite liked his job. His brother, Lenny, meanwhile became the consigliere.
It was in late April that things changed drastically for the mob. An anomaly going by the title of 'THE CREATOR' materialized in one of the mob's recently acquired hideouts. Said anomaly transformed several members of the mob into vampires. Merzallo saw the potential usefulness of THE CREATOR, and ordered more and more of his men to be transformed, until his death at the hands of one Antonio Velucci, agents Gwen Bowman and Artyom Elkin.
Velucci, as well as an unknown former mafia member referred to as 'Don' then took over the family, sending Massimiliano and two other soldato to Site-19 to 'avenge Merzallo'. They were then taken in Foundation custody after revealing their position.
Psi-7 proceeded to perform a raid on a mafia warehouse, at the end of which they were introduced to Velucci's new position in the family as the consigliere, Lenny having been transformed into a bloodthirsty anomaly by a cloak created by THE CREATOR.
After finding out Velucci had taken such a position, Massi joined the NYPD and The Foundation in the investigation. He aided in a raid performed on the Merzallo mansion, in which Psi-7 took custody of the Don.
During the final raid on the mob and THE CREATOR, Massi joined Psi-7 in the assault. As they approached the room in which THE CREATOR lied, Lenny and the cloak became active once more back on site, killing Velucci and the Don before materializing outside, almost as a regular person. As the team killed THE CREATOR, Lenny died, turning to dust and bones as the cloak disappeared.
Massimiliano was taken into police custody after the events of the mission. Not wishing for anyone else to carry out his name, he requested that he'd be the one to be trialed for it. The police left the site, and Massi was taken to court, where he plead guilty. A trial to decide his punishment continued, and he was to face either execution or a life in prison, until the Foundation approached him with a proposition: A position in the team in exchange for the chance to live a life outside of a cell. He accepted.
Massi didn't go along with the initial transfer to Site-77, as he was still under watch as an anomaly. He continued his work there as doctor and blood analyst, but didn't go out on any missions during that time. His work there was, for the most part, rather dull. Seeking out more excitement, he asked the higher-ups if he could be placed on a task force once more, and was offered a place on Psi-7 yet again. And best of all, a chance to work in his home country. He saw no reason not to agree.
Massi has haematomania, and still enjoys the taste of blood.
Speaks English, Italian and /very/ little Russian.
Has trouble with lifting heavier things, as well as wielding larger weapons due to his previous chest injury.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Transfer from site-19||+6||?|
|Holiday bonus XP||+1||24/12/2016|
|The Investigator's Cookbook||-8XP|