Position: Computer Engineer
Demeanor: Stoic, Quiet, Asocial.
Nature: Shy and moody individual who prefers to work alone.
Description: While on missions, he wears a brown tweed coat which is kept unbuttoned. His dark hair is neatly combed upward, though he leaves it messy on some days. Martin is somewhat tall with an athletic build. He is very awkward when it comes to conversation and tries to avoid interaction, if he can. He also has bad habit of mumbling when he speaks.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 4
- Melee: 4
- Science: 5
- Engineering: 5
- Does Compute: (4) With knowledge in how to fix things, comes logic on how to fix problems. Martin is somewhat good at fixing most malfunctioning or nonfunctioning machines.(Can repair damaged computers or electrical systems, provided that repair is possible. Martin cannot perform repairs while in combat or if he is not carrying any tools on hand. If the machine had stopped working or is working incorrectly, Martin will require a second engineer to assist him.)
- Cryptography: (4) Martin's experience with repairing and maintaining computers have given him significant knowledge on how to break into them. Or really, decipher their code, since it's the 1950's. (Used when deciphering computer code.)
- Street Fighter: (4) Martin has minor experience in unarmed combat thanks to spending a reasonable amount of time fighting other people in the backstreets of New York. (Can only be used against unarmed human enemies. This does not work against anomalous enemies or enemies using weapons.)
- One (1) monkey wrench(used more as a weapon than anything else).
- One (1) strange wrench(Acquired from Racing Ratchets run. Used for repairs).
- One (1) prescription bottle of antidepressants.
- One (1) leatherback journal, in which Martin writes his personal thoughts, records his current mental state, and jots down repair logs for the mainframes.
- One (1) trinket containing a four(4) inch long larva fang(Given to him by Lacey, following the events of the Evolutionary Boogaloo run).
- One (1) Brick. An ordinary brick.
- One (1) Kneecapper. An anomalous wooden baseball bat that causes damage to the knees of any living entity it strikes. (Requisitioned from Unlockable Equipment.)
- One (1) Elbow Capper. An anomalous aluminum baseball bat that functions similarly to the Kneecapper, but instead transfers damage to the elbows of living entities, potentially disarming them. (Requisitioned from Unlockable Equipment.)
- One (1) alarm clock, resting on the bedside table.
- Two (2) motivational posters, one of which being a Keep Calm and Carry On(the original quote) poster from Britain, and the other being a Hang In There, Baby! cat poster.
- One (1) framed picture of Martin, his wife Johanna, and his son Mike standing in front of their old home, smiling.
- One (1) set of Wizard robes, complete with hat. (Acquired from MoonWizardventures run. Kept for special occasions.)
- One (1) set of Monk robes. (Acquired from second Moonwizardventures run. Kept for special occasions.)
- Two (2) magic books. One an ordinary wizard's tome, the other a book on the fundamentals of wizardry. (Acquired from MoonWizardventures run. Kept for studying and research.)
Born on January 30th, 1924 in New York City, Martin was the younger of two children born to an American woman and a German immigrant man. He and his older brother, Lucas, who was 10 when Martin was born, both had different interests and hobbies. Lucas enjoyed to play outside and participate in sports whereas Martin preferred to stay inside and read. Lucas was loud and obnoxious and loved to pick fights with other kids while Martin was quiet and sensible and tried to avoid confrontation as much as possible. While Lucas loved pretending to fire a gun, Martin was more interested in figuring out how a computer worked. Lucas was their father's favorite while Martin was the apple of his mother's eye.
Martin, Lucas, and their family lived a normal life until Lucas turned 18. At that point, he was drafted into the military. Seven years later, World War II was declared and Lucas company was deployed off to Europe. While their parents awaited Lucas' safe return home with bated breath, Martin tried not to worry about his brother too much and focused on his studies. Then, Lucas was killed while fighting in North Africa. Their parents were devastated when news of Lucas' death reached them. Martin was even more devastated, not to mention traumatized. After two years of grief, Martin attempted to honor Lucas while still staying true to his own life. He went to fight with other people in New York's backstreets while at the same time attend college and major in Computing. While in college, he met Johanna, whom he married a year and half later. Johanna soon gave birth to their first and only child, Michael, but unfortunately died during childbirth.
Struck by two deaths in his family, and already fearing a third involving Mike, Martin went into a deep depression. Despite struggling with his depression, Martin managed to finally graduate college. After that, he was soon recruited by the Foundation for his talents. He now, to this day, resides in Site-19.
Although Martin has depression, he tries his best not to let it show when he is around other people. Still, that doesn't mean he is prone to sudden drops in mood. For that reason, he must take prescription antidepressants.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Kneecapper||-6 XP||May 22, 2015|
|Shrimp Pummeling Competition||+3 XP||June 4, 2016|
|Moon Wizardventures III||+2 XP||June 4, 2016|
|The Gift of Service||+2 XP||July 1, 2016|
|Elbow Capper||-12 XP||July 31, 2016|
|Brick||-1 XP||July 31, 2016|
|Wumpus Hunt||+3 XP||September 18, 2016|
|There Isn't Going To Be A 1959||+3 XP||January 2nd, 2017|
|Remolded, Repurposed||+3 XP||January 3rd, 2017|
|Holiday Bonus XP||+8 XP||January 3rd, 2017|
|Total:||18 XP||September 18, 2016|