Position: Lab Assistant
Demeanor: Kind, shy, friendly.
Nature: Marissa is easy to get along with, but can be considered childish and naive, although she can be troublesome when she isn't given anything to do.
Description: Marissa stands at 4'10" tall, and 130lbs. She has somewhat tan skin, and dark, auburn hair, with hazel eyes and white-reflective pupils. Her voice is soft and high-pitched. Her hair reaches to her lower back.
Marissa often speaks as though she's extremely confused about what she's saying, using "Like", "Um", and "Uh" excessively. She also has a slight stutter.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 4
- Bluff: 5
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 2
- Academics: 2
- Science: 4
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Gaze Of The Gorgon: 3. Marissa has the anomalous ability to paralyze nearly any individual as long as she maintains eye contact, human or otherwise. (If Marissa is looking into the eyes of a living entity, they must roll MDEF. If they fail to resist her gaze, the target is paralyzed for a single turn. On a critical success of her anomaly, the target would be turned to stone, instead of paralyzed. Ability has a 20 foot range.)(ANOMALOUS)
- Troublesome Teen: 4. Marissa had a troubled life, and is used to having to pose as someone else to survive. (Marissa gets bonuses to bluff rolls as long as she's disguised as someone else.)
- Shiv: 3. Marissa grew up with little more than a knife to defend herself. She's learned the best places to strike with a shank to inflict the most, or least damage. (Marissa gains bonuses to combat rolls involving knives, daggers, and shivs.)
- Friendly Demeanor: 2. Marissa is as easy to like as she is to hate. She often tries to make the best first impression she can, rather than not try at all. (Marissa gains bonuses to persuasion rolls on individuals that are not hostile.)
ANOMALOUS DISADVANTAGE: If Marissa rolls below a 3 for "Gaze Of The Gorgon", her power backfires, and leaves her paralyzed for one turns, instead. As well, Marissa also becomes sluggish in the cold, due to the reptilian nature of her Gorgon blood. (-1AGI in extremely low temperatures.)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Blue sun dress
- M1911 Hand Gun
- Ka-Bar Knife
- Dancing Shoes
- Sache of ornate throwing knives
- Pyrotic Lighter
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Picture books
- School books
- Pile of stuffed animals
- Dresses full of fancy dresses and clothing
- Zhyr's Rifle
- SPC Brass Knuckles
Marissa was born Boston, Massachusetts, on February 5th, 1934. She spent most of her life homeless after her father was arrested for assaulting a police officer in 1944. She managed to stay with friends throughout her life up until she was put arrested for assaulting a minor.
The Foundation caught wind of Marissa's existence when the officer that had attempted to place her in custody was discovered entirely encased in a layer of stone. Marissa was soon identified and acquired by the Foundation.
She was acquired on October 24th, 1956.
- Marissa likes to squeeze stuffed animals to help relieve stress
- Her favorite color is magenta
- Marissa's favorite animal is the mouse
- She's a very adamant reader
- Her favorite food is lasagna
- She's very good at skipping rocks
- Ever since she was given housing and proper clothes by the Foundation, Marissa has been enamored by fashion, including dresses and bright colors
- She loves to dance to swing music
- Marissa sometimes sheds little patches of skin
- While she was being observed and tested in a lab before joining Psi-7, Marissa gained in interest in science. She hopes to help Site-19 in the labs, one day.
- Marissa enjoys drawing quite a bit, but she doesn't think she's that good at it.
- Marissa's throwing knives were a christmas present from Jo!
Randall Clymer: Marissa is super interested in Randall's work. He inspires her to be a better person!
Andy Elrod: He's rather nice! Andy likes her, and she's interested in him somehow. She doesn't know in what way, though.
May Gremire: Marissa can talk to May! They're both anomalous so they get along pretty well.
Jo Ikuto: Marissa is totally into the Jo train.
Amelie Zelinka: Marissa thinks Amelie needs help, and she's willing to give it!
Pierre Allard: Marissa is okay with Pierre, he admitted his mistake.
Gwen Bowman: Marissa is scared of Kit…
How much XP your character currently has.
TOTAL = 53
CURRENT = 1
+3XP for being innocent in How Angels Fall From Heaven
+4XP for spearing a wizard with a throwing knife in Elora
+4XP for becoming a woman in Mayflies
+4XP for daggerstorms in Revelations
+2XP for being royalty in Tear In My Heart
+2XP for hurting a child in Silly Psi-7! __ Are For Kids!!
+4XP for getting brainscatterd in Something Wicked This Way Comes
+2XP for getting a run-ending critical success in Mother Knows Best
+2XP for being right about snakey cats in The Sounds Of Pages Turning
+3XP for getting captured in Grey Dawn
+2XP for getting shot in It's Always Better
+3XP for hurting a team mate again in Angels In The Dark
+3XP for questioning herself in Mythical Beasts
-8XP for +1SCI
-8XP for +1SCI
-8XP for +1SCI
-9XP for +1SCI
-4XP for the Pyrotic Lighter