Position: Freedom Fighter
Demeanor: On the fly, impulsive, take your pick. Marcel seems to live his life from one moment to the next. Also loyal to those around him, he's in firm believer in no man being left behind.
Nature: Marcel tries to take care in his actions, he's just awful at it, or simply forgets to plan ahead. He's fairly laid back, taking a shitstorm to really provoke him.
Description: Marcel is a short 5'6" with a lean build. He has dark brown hair that he keeps slicked back with grease and brown eyes. Marcel is usually dressed in his old military fatigues, worn and faded from a decade of use as well as combat boots.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 2
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 4
- Sneak: 1
- Medical: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Subterfuge 3 Growing up in the face of German occupation and eventually as a member of the Belgian resistance Marcel is rather keen at reading the expressions of others, making him excellent at talking his way out of a bad situation. Applicable to Bluff or Persuasion in generally more dire circumstances than say, talking at lunch.
- Rural 2 Growing up in a more rural area of Belgium, Marcel had been raised in a hunting family, becoming attentive to his surroundings in the wilderness. Applicable to tracking, hunting, or general knowledge of the wilderness. Survival.
- Armed Resistance 3 Although often undesirable, sometimes members of the resistance were forced to use a firearm in extreme situations. In addition to this, Marcel further became familiar with military firearms in the fourth fusilier battalion after Beglium was liberated. Applicable to common weapons used by resistance forces, Ranged.
- Bugging Out 2 Sometimes, survival just came to getting to safety, and getting there the fastest. Being fairly athletic, Marcel has no problem with doing just that. Applicable to Agility
- Impromptu Medicine 2 Marcel is capable of providing basic first aid, but serious injuries are beyond his capabilities other than just staunching the wounds and keeping them alive as long as he can. Applicable to minor injuries or stabilizing wounded teammates. Medical
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Sten gun
- FN GP35 (pistol)
- Pack of smokes
- Combat knife
- Light winter jacket.
- Small medical kit
- Star of David
- Also mine…
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Bren gun
- Also mine…
Marcel was born in 1935 on October 3rd, near the small town of Reppe, Belgium. His father was a hunter, providing for his family through this, selling off any excess in the town market. Marcell as such was brought up to do the same. However, as Germany broke Belgian neutrality and steamrolled across the country, Marcel soon took to the Resistance movement in early 1941, doing his part in the 'Comet' Line as allied forces stepped up bombing campaigns in mainland Europe. Other members of the resistance taught him much of what he knows in the present, basic medical aid, how to handle a military firearm, and how to simply stay alive moving from safehouse to safehouse with allied pilots in tow. Of course, this wasn't always the smoothest ride, most allied pilots hardly knew french or dutch and were a liability if stopped by any member of the german military, luckily, Marcel was able to talk his way out of these rare occasions without his companion ever having to speak at all. This continued until the allied liberation of Belgium, an immense day of celebration for himself and everyone in the resistance movement. From there he took up the call and served in the quickly formed 4th Fusilier Battalion, assisting the 9th Army in their push through Germany to the Rhine, seeing limited combat until the German surrender. From there he returned to his home in Belgium, soon taking up a security job in the Belgian military, this soon bringing him into a winding series of events that brought him into the Foundation's eye. For his part in the resistance, he was brought over as an advisor to U.S. military forces in the invasion of Korea, this bringing him into Foundation view. Soon after the war in Korea ended, he received an offer to keep his entire family well provided for, if only he join…
So of course he took the job, flying out to somewhere in New York soon after.
(Pictured Left: Marcel Louette, Right: Bill Grosvenor.)
1 - Ice Wambles