Position: Research Coordinator
Demeanor: Jolly, grim-humored, cheerful
Nature: Lorna takes her job seriously, though she's almost always chipper and upbeat. She cares an awful lot about what she does, and is willing to fight to protect her work. A bit sarcastic at times, Lorna can be seen as crude or down-right insensitive when it comes to humor, making her a bit difficult to get along with, at times.
Description: Lorna stands at 5'6", and weighs around 150lbs. She has pale skin, and long, black hair. Her eyes are cedar-brown.
Lorna has a soft Irish accent, and a cheerful inflection.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 3
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Academics: 3
- Science: 5
- Engineering: 2
- Paralyzing Strike: 4. Lorna has a good deal of knowledge of the human body. Though she's not a good fighter, Lorna can pick out pressure points and folding points to disable her attacker. (Lorna can make a physical special attack against human opponents. This is rolled as a special MEL attack, and does no lethal damage. On a successful strike, the opponent is stunned for a short time.)
- Research And Development: 3. Lorna graduated the top of her class, studying advanced technology. She has a love for developing new, interesting machines and weapons. (Bonus to rolls involving SCIENCE for researching technology in cooperation with one or more team mates.)
- Lethal Strike: 4. Though not necessarily a fighter, Lorna is not harmless. She'll defend herself before her enemy gets a chance to even attack, if she needs to. (Bonus to rolls involving small pistols as long as she attacks first.)
- Field Mechanic: 1. Relatively well-versed in field repairs, Lorna is willing to get her knees dirty and her palms greasy if her team's tech breaks down. Even under fire, she hardly breaks a sweat! (Bonus to rolls involving ENGINEERING to repair vehicles or firearms on the field.)
- Luger PO8
- Walther PPK Sleeve-Gun
- Loose white flower-print t-shirt
- Loose jean pants
- Black dress shoes
- Straw wide-rim hat
- Black acoustic guitar
- Pictures of her family
- Various record books
- Files and data
- Research material
- Dresser of clothes
- Ironing board and iron
- Tennis racket
- Small box of tennis balls
- Hockey stick
Lorna was born in Dublin, Ireland, in 1920. She was raised by her parents, Maria and Duncan Hollands. Her childhood was considerably positive, as she found happiness in music, and learned to play a variety of string instruments. In 1922, Lorna and her family moved out of Ireland to Leicester, in England.
In the mid 1930's, Lorna had managed to find her way into a prestigious scientific university, in London. She graduated as the top of her class in developmental technologies. Unfortunately, Lorna was unable to find a job directly after her graduation in her field, and took to writing music.
By 1940, Lorna managed to find work as an assistant in a weapons lab for the British army, where she applied her skill for the first time out of a schooling environment.
In 1944, Lorna was hired by the Foundation, who came to her home personally, and made the offer to work in their research and development wing for a new site. Lorna gladly accepted their offer, and got to work less than a week later.
In 1950, Lorna managed to quickly work her way up to coordinator of her sub-department, managing small teams on the development of advanced technology. She was recruited for Psi-7 in 1957, after more than a decade of work for the Foundation.
- Though not necessarily a soldier, Lorna has basic knowledge of firearms.
- Lorna is an excellent cook.
- Lorna is scared of heights.
- Lorna enjoys playing acoustic guitar, and is very good at it.
- She rather enjoys sports of many kinds.
- Lorna dabbles in Paganism.
- She prefers having her hair shaggy and loose when not working.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|