Position: Senior Field Agent
Demeanor: Generally positive and cheerful.
Nature: Outwardly optimistic and good-natured, but inwardly fatalistic and despairing, tempered by necessary pragmatism and a certain ruthlessness that can only come from her (un)life experiences. Very goal-focused and mission-focused, and a professional about high-priority tasks.
Description: After being reforged by Die Glocke after quite the adventure by Branko, Seymour, Harris, and Murray, Lis physically matches both her own self-image and that encoded in the Solution. While she has some minor visual anomalies, like faint segmentation visible in the joints and small metallic ports and like protrusions, she otherwise looks much as she did before.
Unlike her previous incarnation, this Lis is quite tall and well-shaped, with the build of someone with great athleticism. Her skin is still ghastly white and her hair sleek and glossy black, and her eyes, lips, and inner mouth still have that faint ice blue glow, but she otherwise can pass for a living human. On the inside, there's a few oddities- her heart is actually an occult Lightning Crystal, which simultaneously provides her with energy and protects her flesh from discharge.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 6
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 4
- Persuasion: 4
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 3
- Sneak: 4
- Academics: 2
- Science: 2
- Engineering: 3
- Survival: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Resistance Operative: 4. Lis is skilled in covert actions; gunplay, stealth, and navigation in the field. (Ranged, Sneak, Agility, Pdef)
- Fast Learner: 4. Lis learns -fast-. She's generally clever, excels in academia, and is eminently trainable. She picks up on many things quickly and easily, even if she doesn't always retain it. (Academics, Science, Engineering, Perception)
- Rjukan Solution: 6. Being an imprint upon electrically-sensitive anomalous material has given Lisabet tremendous power to absorb, amplify, and emit electricity.
- Reanimated: Lisabet is effectively an unliving body animated by electrical current flowing through the Rjukan Solution and sparked through her CNS. The Rjukan Solution attempts to force foreign material to fit the Lis template; she can effectively be repaired by grafting meat to her body if injured. She has regained natural healing, though she does not have circulating blood, and she is able to easily absorb and direct electricity without harm.
- Integrated High Intensity Arc Charger: See below. 35 exp item. Stat modifications are already applied in the above statblock.
- Passive: Lis' AGI remains at 4, the weight of her internal components generally offset by the aid of her and Carlisle's augmentations. In addition, she gains 1 STR. Having perfected the closed circuit, Lis will no longer feel tired unless she forces a discharge in either of the two fashions mentioned below, and will have to recharge with significantly less frequency. However, due to the fact that she now has clicky metal bits and other such moving parts inside her torso as well as some exterior mechanical parts, she loses 1 Stealth.
- Passive: Augmented Discharge: Lis gains +2 to her Rjukan Solution ability, due to the increased focusing capacity afforded by having a lightning rod inserted into one of her arms connected to what is, effectively, a massive battery powered by her own body. However, as the discharge comes straight from Lis' energy reserves, she will immediately feel the effects of the shot.
- Active: Reflex Boost: For one turn per run, Lis can channel her body's energy into the HIAC's components, creating an overload effect that grants her either +2 AGI or +2 STR, at player discretion. The after-effect of using this ability are analogous to using one of her discharges. May be used more than once with GM permission, consequences at their discretion (suggested PDEF rolls to maintain consciousness/avoid musculoskeletal trauma)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Small bag of Tootsie Rolls
- Pack of batteries
- A Kongsberg Colt, a Norwegian-licensed Colt 1911 handgun (Lost after encountering The Old Man)
- Mechanically-powered flashlight
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Sketchbooks containing art of mediocre quality
- English and Norwegian-language novels of various genres, approximately 2 dozen. Mostly fantastical, especially the works of Lovecraft and Howard and similar. She doesn't really 'get' that they're horrendously racist, instead enjoying the idea of the unknown and exciting.
- English pulp magazines and comics. She has a fondness for serial stories of the bizarre and frightening.
- Various salvaged technical manuals and books on engineering and architecture
- Half-full diary
- Assorted bits of mechanical and electrical junk kept tidily in a box
- Black and white reindeer-patterned wool scarf
- Collection of patterned wool blankets from home
- Various ominous-looking canned seafood products (also from home, sent as a joke)
- Cheap acoustic guitar, collecting dust
- An iPod. It's filled with somewhat offbeat music from the early 2010s, recordings of 'game sessions', a video featuring a baby and a pug dog being adorable, and the like. It lacks headphones.
- OCTOPUS SOCKS.
- An extension cord keyed for her neck socket. Now defunct.
- Toy Robot from Carlisle
- CLOUDSEED's documentation and decommissioning memos
- A kickin' rad stereo set from Emily, with turntable, big speakers, and amplifier
- Toy owl, from Emily
- Big ol' box o' choco from Emily!
- Wooden Bear carved by Serge, her brother-in-adversity
- Saxon Knight Armor
Lisabet Aina Tande was born in the Norwegian town of Rjuken, which existed primarily to staff and support the Vemork hydroelectric facility. Her father, Albin Tande, was an electrical engineer who worked at the plant, and continued to do so even after the German invasion and occupation. Lis, for her part, was mostly insulated from the worst of the war. She went to the local school, she witnessed the town's young men pulled from their homes and shot when the Resistance was acting up, she carried messages for Resistance cells, and she read her father's books and technical manuals. A canny youth, she swiftly evidenced talents in electrical engineering, making simple devices at home despite the hardships of the occupation.
As the Allies and the Resistance began actively working to sabotage the Vemork plant to deny the Germans its heavy water, vital to Germany's nuclear weapons program, Lis began taking a more active role as a saboteur. The youth's contributions were minor but helped to hone her covert skills. She even learned to shoot— a little, but still. All the while, she excelled in her schooling and dabbled in art and music in her spare time. Only her family and Resistance comrades were aware of her double life.
Then she started getting sick. In fact, several locals in Rjukan did. All the victims were either plant workers or Resistance members who frequently found themselves in or near Vemork. While she would never learn the truth, Vemork concealed a dire secret: The German SS Special Projects Division had established a laboratory complex beneath Vemork where they studied anomalous materials. Radiation from the project had affected her greatly, and she only realized that something was truly wrong when she failed to discharge a capacitor from a television and it gave her a shock… that made her feel better.
Worried, she concealed this from her family. After the war's close, she moved with them to America, where her father got a job with General Electric in upstate New York. After finishing schooling, she became a research assistant with GE before the Foundation, having learned about the Vemork Incident, contacted her.
She opted to offer the Foundation her talents, figuring it'd be interesting.
Research by Laura Moodie and, more recently, Hermann Austerlitz has revealed that the Rjukan Solution she was exposed to during the course of the Vemork incident has aggravated her condition through its own propagation within her body.
Work with one Doctor Carlisle has led her to be Psi-7's first cyborg, incorporating the internals of a High-Intensity Arc Charger into her body. This has supercharged her abilities and more importantly allowed for greater continuous operation.
During Adrian Coxwell's abrupt betrayal of the Foundation, Lisabet emitted an unstable arc flash that killed many of Coxwell's commandos and caused critical damage to her own body, revealing her status as an imprint upon the Rjukan Solution that was animating her corpse.
After much effort by Dr. Austerlitz, the services of Branko Silvinski, Murray Eichmann, Harris Southey and Seymour Whitman, and the patience of Annabelle Montag, Lis was rebuilt using an occult artifact known as Die Glocke. After recovery, she resumed active service.
On May 16th, 1956, Lisabet Tande vanished in an enormous electrical arc blast in the city of Diane, Florida.
- Lis speaks Norwegian and writes Bokmål. Additionally, she is fluent in English and knows a smattering of German, Russian, French, Italian, and Spanish. She knows a tiny bit of Finnish- not enough to be useful, but enough to make continuous double-entendres and understand some crude jokes.
- Her ID number is 16900617.
- She has a bunch of Banganashi coins! 5000 to be precise.
- She has found the card of Patience. On the backside is a design in black with gold trim. On the face is the illustration of a King with a shield sitting on his throne as his enemies surround him, only to be caught in traps. There's a caption at the bottom in fancy gold letters reading 'PATIENCE'.
- PRIDE: It's a card with ornate black with gold trim. The other side is a picture of a king on a high crumbling tower, and a thief stealing his crown while his head is turned. The caption reads 'PRIDE'.
Note to self: Track exp like on Cait in the future. Get things straight re: guest GM exp grants. Math is challenging.
Half EXP transferred to Amelie (death transfer).