Position: Assistant Geneticist/Botanist
Demeanor: Matter-of-fact, Calm, Intelligent.
Nature: Laurel is a woman of science [REDACTED FOR NOW]. In the end though all she wants is to be back to normal, and to be able to continue her research with no one in her way, not even the Foundation, at all costs.
Description: Laurel's a Caucasian female just shy of 5'8 and has dark, brunette hair and brown eyes often behind a pair of glasses. Always wears professional workwear: dress or a blouse/slack combo with a lab coat over it all. Has striations of dark green that jaggedly follow veins out towards her outer limbs and neck, the longest of which reach to halfway up her forearms, three-quarters down her legs, and up her neck to the base of her skull. Veins in her body are tinged a deeper green then normal. The striated skin feel lightly bristly and rough. Smells like an odd mix of fresh and dried flowers.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 2
- Survival: 4
- Academics: 4
- Science: 4
- Medical: 4
- Forced Genetic Meshing: 3. (ANOMALOUS)[insert shit here].
(Functions as a natural regeneration of PHEALTH. Every turn/2 minutes a single 'charge' is generated. Whenever two charges are gained Laurel gains .5 PHEALTH that cannot exceed MAX HEALTH. Charges are not gained when Laurel is at full health, the damage she is trying to regenerate is chemical/fire damage, or is not in sufficient light to illuminate her entire body (So no candles or lighters).)
ANOMALOUS DISADVANTAGE: Like A Moth To A Flame/Slash And Burn Because of Laurel's condition she's been imprinted with a natural draw to light after being submerged into darkness and with an added vulnerability to chemicals and burns. Whenever Laurel has been submerged in full darkness and a form of light appears anywhere in her sight she must roll an MDEF check the DC of which being MDEF. Higher passes and she will resist the natural urge to approach it, while equal or lower will draw her to it with varying effect relative to the result of the roll. The vulnerability to fire and chemicals functions as an automatic lowering of her PDEF to 2 against those sources of damage. Is also unable to consume straight plant matter such as vegetables and fruit. Doing so causes violent retching.
- Progress: 4. Laurel's a scientist through and through, owning a degrees in both botany and genetics. (+2 SCI & ACAD involving early 50's genetics/botany.)
- Cleaning Glass: 3. However while she was smart, she was still forced to do the grunt work of the lab she worked at. She cleaned beakers, fixed lab equipment, and replaced more then one lightbulb. (+3 ENGI towards repairing/maintaining scientific equipment. Cannot be used in combat.)
- Nature: 2. Laurel often spent many nights in foreign forests in order to learn about potential new breeds of plants and other juice finds. (+2 SURV inside temperate forests.)
- Lab coat containing:
- Foundation Identification hanging from the lapel
- A variety of pens
- Gardening shears
- Loose change
- Clothes on her back.
- Gold necklace with a crucifix
- Random notes
- Lots of workwear
- Variety of textbooks on the early works of genetics and more modern texts on botany
- Volumes worth of notes
- Lots of shoes
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 1957. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills (especially specialty skills) are explained. Higher skills need more justification.