Position: Imperfect Eldritch Vessel
Demeanor: Most often, people describe Karin with the terms "creepy", "quiet", and "oh God, how horrifying", but her personality among friends and colleagues isn't that awful. She speaks little, preferring to save words for when they have the most meaning, and can actually be rather sweet.
Nature: The entity that is today's Karin Landvik fortunately inherited some measure of her personality. The original Karin was a secluded shut-in who was kind to the few friends she had, and these small kindnesses have carried over well.
Description: Karin is a tall, pale human well over six feet in height who usually wears concealing, dark clothes to hide her appearance, most typically a scarf, dark sunglasses, and a black knit cap. See Personal History for additional details.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 2
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 5
- Intimidation: 5
- Bluff: 1
- Melee: 5 (3+2)
- Academics: 6
- Preternatural Will: 4. Karin's nature and her past of dealing with creatures not far from herself lend valuable experience in defending her mind. Whenever an anomalous force attempts to alter her behaviour, take control of her, etc, Karin gains a +4 bonus on MDEF rolls to resist it.
- Call of the North Seas: 3. The birthplace of her form as it is now means Karin is used to high pressures and cold temperatures, and as such she gains +3 PDEF when resisting cold environments or water pressure, and when determining how long she can hold her breath.
- Things That Should Not Be: 2. Against a target who has not seen her face before, Karin can choose to remove any clothing covering her face for a one-time +2 bonus to intimidate that target. If they fail their MDEF roll by 3 or more, however, they will ignore any instructions given and instead flee and alert their allies, if they have any.
- Song Stealer (Anomalous): 3. If she has line of sight with a target capable of speech, Karin may attempt an opposed MDEF roll against them. If successful, the target cannot speak for a number of hours equal to the difference between her roll result and the target's, and she can permanently, freely use the target's voice herself. If the target defends against the attack, they are immune to this ability for one hour. Karin gains +1 Intimidation against a target when using their voice or that of a friend.
- Facial Fantasia (Flaw): Her appearance unsettling enough to concern most people, Karin takes -4 to Persuasion and -2 to Bluff whenever a significant amount of her face is visible.
- Swiss Army knife
- Ice axe
- Gas mask
- 20 meters of rope
- Various climbing equipment
- Backpack, with compartments to keep books from moving during travel
- Notebook and pen
- Small library of history and mythology books
- A few paintings of the area around her original home
- A WW2 Norwegian officer's uniform
Karin Landvik's known history begins with GOC records of a kidnapping in northern Norway by occupying German forces in early January, 1941. The woman, an unpopular artist, was taken by a group of six soldiers from different units and brought on board a commandeered fishing vessel which sailed into the Greenlandic Sea. By the time the GOC could organise a team to follow the boat, they found it already docked alongside an unusually massive dome iceberg.
Tunnels in the ice led to a seemingly natural central chamber which contained the corpses of the six soldiers (who a coroner later reported had killed one another) and the entity that was formerly Karin Landvik who swam in the waters below. Karin successfully evaded GOC capture by diving below the water's surface and reportedly made her way to Iceland by unknown means, where she subsisted for several years in disguise, making a living by helping dock workers. Foundation agents failed to contain her in the summer of 1951, before finding success in intercepting her upon a return to her former home in Norway in 1954.
Any languages your character speaks. English is required. Languages should be justified by background or academics.
Can sing fairly well!
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|