Position: Anomalous Agent
Demeanor: Uncaring, but not totally apathetic. He has a general dislike towards people who try to put him down or intimidate him. This could potentially lead to him teasing or attempting to scare those whom he dislikes. Fear is something he has known since a child. It might not be easy to actually scare him, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be afraid if the moment to be does arise.
Nature: While he seems uncaring and somewhat apathetic on the surface, Kane is actually more empathetic to those who are suffering. Most of the time, though, his empathy is confused for teasing or sarcasm. Kane actually has a soft spot for suffering children or animals; a weakness that could be easily exploited in any emotional state.
Description: Kane's human form is a handsome man of Native American descent. He has long, black hair and amber eyes. Kane stands about 5'6", weighs about 143 pounds and has a very fit frame. He generally wears a black button-up shirt and a bead necklace he got from his father. He doesn't often wear anything other than jeans or slacks.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 4
- Intimidation: 5
- Melee: 4+2 (From STR)
- Ranged: 4
- Sneak: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Dread Visage: (Anomalous) 3. Kane can make sometimes the fearless run for cover. The air around him could make people nervous. A look could make wolves run with their tails between their legs. When an attack is directed against Kane, he may attempt to intimidate the attacker. If he is successful then their roll suffers a -3 penalty. The anomalous intimidation uses the three points in this stat. Regular intimidation works separately.
- A Strong Yet Weak Mind: (Flaw) Kane's mind has been torn and weakened by his experience in Wihtikow Cave. If a successful mental attack does land, it does twice the amount of damage than it normally would.
- Secrets of Wihtikow: 3. When is poorly lit areas such as dark rooms or caves, Kane has a better chance of sneaking up upon his target. This can only be tagged when sneaking in low-lit areas. SNK
- Fear, A Simple Emotion: 4. Fear is an emotion Kane deals with every day. He knows it well and it's difficult to make him feel it. This can only be tagged in situations where he is being attacked/intimidated through means of fear. MDEF
- Bodyguard Training 2. Kane has both been taught and has self-learned how to use a pistol and a knife in combat situations. This can only be tagged when using a pistol or knife weapon. MEL or RNG
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Emergency Radio
- Ka-Bar Knife
- Colt M1878
- .40 Colt Cartridges
- A Pack of Cigarettes
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A Hunting Knife
- Birdcage (Empty)
- A Key (To Birdcage)
- Book on Falconry Training and Techniques
- Falconry Equipment
- A Hood
- A Bell and Identity Band
- A Gauntlet
- A Creance
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 1954. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills (especially specialty skills) are explained. Higher skills need more justification.
Kaneonuskatew was born in the Native American Reservation, Mingan, Quebec, on February 17, 1923. He was the oldest of two siblings, Alsoomse and Nadie, both sisters. Most of his childhood was spent before and in the beginning of the reform when Native American numbers began to dwindle. As a child, Kane and his sisters were very close. They would play in the woods often. Their parents always told them to stay away from Wihtikow Cave. A place riddled with superstition and curses. Although he was told to stay away, he would often stand at the mouth of the cave and try to scare his sisters about falling in and never returning. It was a joke, but he would never know how serious it could be.
When he was 17, Marshall Carter and Dark came to his reservation to hire guides to find an old 'sacred ground' in the forest nearby. It was Wihtikow Cave. Kane was one of those people who helped them, as he knew quite well where it was located. When they had gotten to the cave, MC&D had pulled out firearms and ordered them to enter the cave. Most of them refused to enter, it was a place that was feared among them. One by one, they shot down the guides, until only one was alive. Kane decided to enter the cave. It was either that, or face certain death. About an hour later, Kane reemerged… but his life had been changed completely. Something had latched onto him. Some… entity. He felt it. He emerged from the cave with this thing. That was when MC&D had taken him in and hauled him off.
Kane was kept in a cage. Treated poorly, fed only enough to keep him alive. Marshal, Carter & Dark were unable to replicate the curse that Kane had gained onto anyone else. Thus, they turned him into a commodity for sale.
It didn't take long until he was bought by a highly wealthy man named Richard Borden who used him as a bodyguard around his estate and kept him in line using another MC&D artifact that ensured the man could not be intimidated or scared by Kane as long as no harm came to him. Richard was not a good man and did not respect Kane, calling him a 'filthy savage'. Kane hated him with a passion… but there wasn't much he could do.
Eventually, Richard died of cerebral hemorrhaging due to excessive alcohol consumption. Then, Kane was free. Free of any bods for that brief moment. He wondered where he should flee, until he caught wind of one of MC&D's biggest enemies, the SCP Foundation. Kane decided to join them, in spite of Marshal, Carter and Dark.
- Kane actually wanted to take up falconry since he was eight, but he never got the time to actually get into it.
- Technically, Kane isn't an American citizen as he was born in Quebec, Canada. Hell, it's not like the Foundation cares.
- Kane prefers to read science fiction books over any other. He is very much interested in technology, but he keeps this interest tucked away inside him.
- Kane's full name (Kaneonuskatew) is pronounced (Ka-neo-nus-ka-tew)
- The beads around his neck are actually an heirloom handed down to him from his father, who had gotten it from his father and so forth. They go back at least five generations, back to Kane's Great Great Grandfather.
- His sympathy/empathy towards suffering things derives from his own suffering under the capture of Marshall, Carter & Dark.
- A lot of his people's traditions are still with him. Although, he doesn't practice it, because while Kane was born before the Native American Christian reform, he grew up during the reform. Tradition is still with him, but he doesn't practice it.
- He really likes falcons.
Opinions of Other Agents:
- Emil Drescher: He's a liar and a faggot. I don't know what else to say about him. If he felt the need to hide something so trivial from me, then I do not need to trust him.
- Fae Webber: Probably the only person on the Site I want to call 'friend'. She isn't afraid of me, or so she says. It could be that she likes the challenge of being afraid. I've met people like that. Those who fall for their weakness.
How much XP your character currently has.