Position: Engineering technician
Demeanor: Silent and disheveled
Nature: Organization freak, and rather mentally busy
Description: Refer to Miscellaneous
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 5
- Intimidation: 4
- Melee: 4
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 2
- Science: 4
- Engineering: 6
- Reverse Blueprint Eyes: 5. Jonathan is so adept with devices that he can easily take apart (and reassemble) a lot of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices. Larger devices understandably take more time, but still can be taken apart with the same level of ease. Similarly, he can construct new machines with the same speed.
- Shooting at Skeets: 4. Jonathan is adept at shooting at moving targets with a non-automatic weapon, and is decent at engaging close or far targets.
- Memory Trap: 3. Jonathan has an easy time remembering even minute details, from the small bits of an overheard conversation, to the positioning of objects in a room.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Satchel, with the following:
- Assortment of small tools and measures
- Message pad with writing utensils
- Mechanical Calculator (Certa I)
- Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. II .308 rifle (prototype)
- No. 32 telescopic sight
- M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol
- Backpack, with the following:
- Fire blanket
- Wrenches and prybars
- Field manuals
- Spare ammunition
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Drafting table, with necessary supplies on the side
- Some personal effects
- More books regarding larger machines
- Some clockwork bits here and there
- Toolbox with more tools
- Myford ML7 lathe with bits and arbors
- A small aquarium
- Some plants
- Some homemade projects here and there…
Jonathan's early life from 1926 was not very interesting, having moved from Taiwan to the contiguous United States during the onset of WW2, he has always had a knack for vehicles and other mechanical objects, something his parents (both of whom are farmers), did not necessarily agree with.
During the Second World War, Jonathan, enthusiastic about joining the fighting, lied about his age and joined up with a unit to perform in operations across the Pacific. Prior to being shipped out, however, he was instead assigned from a combat unit to an engineering unit that would stay behind front lines maintaining vehicle pools and equipment.
Sour but not dismayed, Jonathan was eventually shipped to the Pacific, and assisted in keeping vehicles in fighting condition, as well as assisting with mechanical maintenance on the makeshift bases and airfields scattered throughout. Having received some formal training in makeshift vehicle repair, Jonathan excelled at modifying damaged vehicles and keeping them in top fighting condition, earning the respect and admiration of his comrades and colleagues.
After the combat was finished, Jonathan went to school for a few years to get his degree in engineering, but quickly returned to being a technician instead. With the creation of the Foundation, he signed up, with some academic and military experience behind him.
What he looks like (minus the headset):
Jon is predominantly left-handed, but has learned to be ambidextrous.
During the fighting, Jon was caught up in a blast that ended up destroying his vocal cords. At of this day, he speaks silently and softly.
Jonathan reached the rank of Technical Sergeant while serving in WW2 - therefore, his full title would be T/Sgt J. Zhao.
- Luvi: He and I can get alone on a lot of things, especially relating to loss. I like him.
- Emily: She looks out of place within this mess of an organization, but that is probably why others protect her. For some reason, I feel compelled to do the same. Reminds me of Minase.
- Prof Monday: He seems trustworthy. Maybe I can talk to him later on.
- Mathias: That man creeps me out, and has no qualms experimenting on his fellows. I may have to shoot him someday. However, he does have a nice typewriter.
- Capt William Stykes: Man seems a tad bit unstable, even for an officer. However, he is rather easy to get along with.
How much XP your character currently has.