Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer/Technical Researcher
Usually cold, but talkative around friends
Semi-organized, easily distracted,
Description: What your character looks like, etc. Pictures can either be linked here or posted under Miscellaneous, but don't display the image here.
Short black hair, brown eyes, usually dressed in a plain, comfortable shirt and pants. 5'11, with thin rimmed glasses. Usually emotionless, and with a perpetual neutral expression, except when with friends. On missions, Jonathan is usually in a uniform with either a hat or a helmet. When off duty, he wears a baseball cap. Does not like wearing bright colours.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 2
- Agility: 4
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 2
- Intimidation: 0
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Survival: 0
- Sneak: 0
- Academics: 3
- Science: 2
- Engineering: 6
- Medical: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Seabee: 4. As a former Major in the Seabees, Jonathan is an excellent engineer, with a good intuition for how things are constructed, and consequently, how to take them apart… with any means necessary. Jonathan also is good at avoiding getting hurt while busy working on something, and is good at combat with firearms. [Bonus to PDef, Ranged]
- Well Read: 3. Reads at over 9000 160 wpm, and can remember pretty much anything read, with the exception of things Jonathan has no interest in. Remembers a lot in his favourite topics, e.g. Military history, Architecture, etc. Also remembers lots of seemingly useless trivia. Learns quickly. [Bonus to Academics and Science]
- Repairman: 3. Can repair anything, given parts… or parts for an improvised solution. "If it ain't broke, it hasn't been issued to the infantry". Generally has better results if a schematic, diagram, or manual is also given. [Bonus when repairing and taking things apart]
- Photographic Memory: 2. Has a photographic memory.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Mapping tool with compass and ruler
- Small binoculars
- ID & (On-site) Security pass
- Wallet with multiple currencies
- Notebook with pencil, pen, and eraser.
- Small pistol
- KA-BAR knife
- Spare eyeglasses
- Glasses cloth
- Challenge Coins, including one from the Secretary of Defense, after [REDACTED]
- Duct Tape
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Various books on Mathematics, Architecture, Engineering, History, and Technology
- Recent magazines including Popular Mechanics, and other useful magazines
- Dog tags
- Various stationary
- Well used Bible
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 1954. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills (especially specialty skills) are explained. Higher skills need more justification.
Jonathan was born in 1926 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Jonathan graduated from [REDACTED] High School at the age of 17. Jonathan then went to the University of Minnesota, where he studied civil and electrical engineering, and eventually obtained a master’s degree in engineering, as well as a bachelor’s degree in science. After graduating, Jonathan got a job as a Civil Engineer at [REDACTED], a leading firm in its field, and joined the US Navy Reserve. After the outbreak of war, Jonathan deployed to Korea, where he was a part the initial wave at Inchon, and received the Navy Cross for extraordinary valour during the landings.
After the war ended, Jonathan was recruited by the Foundation after its formation as an experienced civil engineer with combat, demolitions, and electrical/mechanical experience.
Any other information you think would be interesting.
(Will complete later)
How much XP your character currently has.