Position: Systems Engineer
Demeanor: A stranger in a strange land, Zhou seems oblivious to social etiquette, preferring to begin conversation with strange observations or personal questions. He tends to ramble if left to his own devices, and may not be entirely coherent if captured in a moment of deep thought. Ever the keen observer and critical thinker, Zhou is always interested in anything he hasn't learnt yet
Nature: Fascinated by the world around him, Zhou is prone to frequent daydreaming and lapses of attention when the subject at hand gets too dull for him. He tends to be more hands on and eager to focus on his projects, though he is not above requesting aid from those he finds capable. An idealist and optimist first, Zhou is often challenged by the reality
of the situation he faces.
Description: With thin dark brown eyes, framed by a pair of wire spectacles he uses when working, Zhou sports short black hair characteristic of his Asian ethnicity. His skin is tanned from his years under the sun,with a toned body. Standing at 5'7", Zhou is slightly taller than most men his race, though still shorter than most other staff. Lining his stomach, Zhou sports 4 circular scars as the result of his wartime trauma.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 3
- Survival: 3
- Sneak: 2
- Academics: 2
- Science: 5
- Engineering: 6
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Line Em' Up: 4 given very little time, Zhou can rig a temporary containment facility to attempt to contain an object, and when even given proper access to facilities and resources, can devise appropriate permanent storage methods. ( Roll 4df+4 when attempting to physically secure an object )
- Teach Me The Way Things Go: 4 Zhou works better when there's something to reference back on, and the more aid he gets, the better he is at his job. (with immediate guidance of a reference (person or item) Zhou gets a +4 engi to repair mechanical devices. Attempting to repair a mechanical device after receiving the guidance without the presence of the reference will grant Zhou a +2 engi. If no prior guidance or reference is received, this bonus is negated entirely. All references/guidance given must pertain to the device Zhou is attempting to repair.)
- Hot Hot Hot: 2 After years of tinkering, accidents are bound to happen in the process of work,and Zhou is familiar with some of the common injuries that occur enough to minimize personal risk. (+1 Pdef and +1 Mdef vs non-firearm Mechanical hazards Zhou is aware of. Hazards include sparks, electrical fires and/or getting crushed by gears.)
- Waste Not: 2 coming from an underdeveloped colony has taught Zhou to value and work with all available material in producing a containment measure (+2 bonus to Perception and Survival when attempting to look for building material/ suitable cover)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Fountain pen and Artist's sketchbook
- Leather Satchel
- Duct tape
- Set of tools (Wrench, Pliers, Tongs, Hammer, Nails)
- Land-Line Transmitter (Collected from helping Director Gerthart 22/8/16)
- Thank you note in Engimagraph (Collected from helping Director Gerthart 22/8/16)
- Field Containment Kit
List everything your character keeps in their room at Site-77. Anything that's not listed here or in the sections above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Record Player
- Misc Music Records
- Mathematical Instruments
- Blueprint paper
- Slanted writing desk
- Box of tea from the homeland (supposedly with Izumi)
- Engineering Textbooks
Born in the British colony of Malaya in 1935, Zhou spent the early years of his life in the neighboring colony of Singapore. Being ethnically Chinese, he was subjected to cruel treatment under Japanese occupation of the island. Following the horrors of war, the young boy took the opportunities the British provided, getting his advanced education in systems engineering at the department of engineering in the university of Cambridge
Self-described as a "hands-on" person, Zhou was absent for most of his lectures, though he could be found in the library reading books on all sorts of miscellaneous subjects. Zhou entered foundation interest after publishing his thesis on structural reinforcement, highlighting an internal reinforcement method capable of tripling structural integrity. In the interest of containing increasingly dangerous anomalies , Zhou was recruited fresh out of university to serve the foundation.
Any languages your character speaks. English is required. Languages should be justified by background or academics.
- Asian Dialects (Hokkien,Cantonese and Teochew)
- Basic Japanese
Zhou has a natural hatred for anyone of Japanese descent, after spending his childhood under their tyrannical reign. (He's best pals with Izumi and Jo, so it's all peachy now!)
XP: 8How much XP your character currently has. Also list any XP you have received or spent, and where it came from or where it went.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date (DD/MM/YY)|
|William Dearheart Switt||+4 XP||27/08/16|
|Slaves To The Hypnoboat||+4 XP||10/09/16|
|Field Containment Kit||-6 XP||12/09/16|
|Tunnels Incident||+2 XP||24/10/16|
|Christmas XP||+7 XP||25/12/16|
|Birthday XP||+3 XP||11/04/16|