Position: Occult Consultant
Demeanor: Quiet and reserved, Johanna mostly keeps to herself and is careful not to get in the way of people who know what they're doing.
Nature: Johanna is wholly uncomfortable with what she can do, but does not lament her lot in life. Walks on eggshells around others because she believes they are also uncomfortable with what she is.
Description: A pale young woman with white hair and soft features.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 4
- Strength: 2
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Sneak: 5
- Academics: 5
- Medical: 5
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Blinder Eifer ist Feuer ohne Licht: 3 ACAD There's not much to do when you're being held prisoner, so any literary escape from her cell was a welcome one. (+3 On academic checks regarding literary knowledge)
- Der Gesunde weiß nicht, wie reich er ist: 3 MED Far more than raising the dead, Johanna enjoys preventing people from dying altogether. She's learned what she could from the doctors that occasionally experimented on her. (+3 to Medical checks on anyone at or below 3 health.)
- Aus den Augen, aus dem Sinn: 3 SNK Often times Johanna was shunned because of what she looked like, which also often meant she was denied basic comforts such as food and shelter. She managed to find a way to get by, however, while also staying out of sight. (+3 to Sneak and survival checks in rural areas.)
- Hexe (Anomalous): 3 In her native village, Johanna was called a witch, and they were right. Born under the harvest moon during a dark ritual, she possesses the power to reach over the line between life and death. (Her anomaly can only be rolled twice per run.)
- Listen: Johanna can concentrate to hear the whispers of lingering spirits to gain more information about obscure subjects or certain deaths. Any roll above or below the base of 3 inflicts -1/2 damage directly to MHealth while the total number determines the quality of the information.
- Learn: The souls of the dead are not the only ones she can affect; Johanna has learned to tear hers from her body. Roll to have temporary out of body experience that lasts at most 3 turns at the cost of -1/2 total roll to Mhealth and Phealth, with -1 Mhealth taken per turn. In this form she cannot take damage or be damaged, but can roll anomaly to manipulate objects. If her body is attacked while in this form full damage is taken without a Pdef roll.
- Awaken: Raising a dead creature is no simple task, and comes at great cost. Roll to turn a single dead creature (GM determines if the creature is eligible) into a soulless thrall that will follow her simple commands. Every positive die transfers 1 point of PHealth directly from Johanna to the undead creature, with the total roll equalling the thrall's Phealth. Negative die damage Johanna for 1/2 PHealth. The thrall automatically dies after 3 actions.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Pocket watch
- Various dresses
- Various hats
A pale baby girl was found on October 19th, 1932, at the doorstep of a church in a small village tucked in the north of Germany. The pastor nearly immediately began a search for the child's parents, but no record of a baby her age was recorded in any nearby hospitals and a survey of the local villagers turned up nothing. The priest who found her decided that it was the will of God that he should take up the responsibility of raising this child. He attempted to take care of the child the best he could, but as she grew older it became more and more apparent that she was… different.
Johanna endured a very lonely childhood, as there were many rumors of witchcraft surrounding her birth. There were no other explanations for her strange behaviors and appearance to the superstitious town, despite her best efforts to prove them otherwise. The priest who took her tried to help, attempting to 'normalize' her by scolding her whenever she acted strangely and dying her hair with tar. It never worked and only served to fuel the gossip, and it didn't help that she actually was a witch. Johanna did her best to keep her abilities a secret, even from her caregiver, in her attempt to fit in.
But it never worked, and eventually she became tired of the constant ridicule and gawking and decided to leave to find somewhere she might be accepted, or perhaps find her parents. When she became of age she left the small village forever and headed South to the city of Essen, where she hoped to find some evidence of her family or birth. Her search turned up nothing, but it did attract the attention of the GOC, who gravitated toward the reports of a strange white-haired woman acting strangely around the city.
She was quickly discovered and captured, then immediately experimented upon. It was in GOC custody that Johanna learned the extent of her abilities, as unpleasant as she found them.
In 1956 she was picked up by the Foundation, when a trade deal was struck with the GOC for anomalous persons. After extensive examination and containment, was assigned to PSI-7 as a probationary post.
Any languages your character speaks. English is required. Languages should be justified by background or academics.
- Attempts to dye hair black to fit in, usually only lasts for a week or so.
- Is okay at chess
XP: 0How much XP your character currently has. Also list any XP you have received or spent, and where it came from or where it went.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|