Demeanor: Silent, Genial, Will speak when spoken to and only as much as needs to..
Nature: Jiang himself is really quite loud-mouthed and friendly. He often will remain silent or give short responses to people he doesn't know. However, when he warms up to people (which he does quite quickly) he's quite talkative. His tolerance for rudeness is often quite low.
Description: An average height, stocky Chinese man with short hair. He often wears overalls, with trademark goggles, and engineering gloves. He is missing his right ring finger and his left pinky and the gloves are adjusted accordingly. He'll rarely go anywhere without his gloves.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 4
- Intimidation: 1
- Bluff: 1
- Melee: 7 (5) (+2 from Strength)
- Ranged: 3
- Academics: 1
- Science: 3
- Engineering: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- IT'S GONNA' BLOW!: 3. Years of experience with handling things that go boom has taught Jed that running as fast and as far as he can away from explosives and other dangers is usually the best course of action especially when they have the potential to maim. (+3 to Agi when running or avoiding danger that he already knows exists.)
- FRAG OUT!: 4. After having learned about grenades that had been implemented in the previous World War Jed quickly got used to throwing objects whether it's a rock or a dangerous fragmentation grenade. (+4 to Ranged whenever he's throwing something.)
- Ancestral Knowledge: 3. Knowledge is often passed down through families and Jed's family is no exception especially when it comes to explosives. Jed can understand most primitive explosives (simple blackpowder) and even a handful of slightly more modern ones (think more dynamite and grenades then nuclear bombs) and can even craft his own given good circumstances . (+3 to Engineering, Academics, and Science when it involves explosives.)
- The Way of the Sword: 2. Jed himself was more of a "Make things go boom" kind of guy then a "I'll vanquish my foes with a blade" kind of guy. Either way he was still forced to train in the art of swordsmanship and is thankful because of it. (+2 Melee)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Ancestral Jian (Sword) with red hilt and scabbard usually kept at side
- Custom made backpack with a large amount of explosives
- 1 large homemade demolition charge (kept in largest pocket. No fuse or blasting cap.)
- 3 sticks of dynamite (kept in largest pocket. Always wrapped in damp cloth. No fuse or blasting cap) Destroyed after I found they were weeping nitroglycerin. Turned a small hill into a large crater.
- 2 high explosive pipe bombs (kept in right side pocket. Fuses taped to sides)
- 2 low explosive pipe bombs (kept in left side pocket. Fuses taped to sides)
- 5 meter spool of fuse (kept in front pocket)
- 5 meter spool of copper wire (kept in front pocket)
- 1 small bag of gunpowder (kept in front pocket)
- 3 dynamite blasting caps (kept in front pocket) (See above)
- 1 blasting cap for demo charge (kept in front pocket)
(Need to find new way of carrying explosives. Too dangerous to myself and others carrying all of these - Jed.)
- Needle-nose Pliers
- Matches (In case the lighter doesn't work)
- Small flashlight (Doesn't like using open flames for light)
- Small wire cutters
- Small ruler with fuse times inscribed
- 1 roll of tank tape (duct tape)
- Hand-held detonator (Mainly used with copper wiring. Experiments with radio signals ongoing)
- A necklace with a small intricately carved wooden rooster with "一九二一年" inscribed on the back
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A large toolbox filled with wire cutters, fuses, etc.
- A large amount of explosives ranging from homemade to military kept in small water-proof chest. Chest submerged in filled bathtub at all times. Sodium-based explosives not included ;)
- A cigar-box containing seven sticks of dynamite inked with "Castle Demolitions" See above
- A WW2 Stiehlhandgranate
- A Mk 2 Army Hand Grenade
- Experimental French "Sticky" Grenade
- One homemade demolition charge
- Four high-explosive pipe bombs
- Four low-explosive pipe bombs.
- A vial containing a pea-sized amount of Composition 3
- Rubber mat made of old tires placed under desk.
- Blueprints for experimental explosives
- Hand-held detonator (taken apart into bits)
- Radio (Taken apart into bits)
- Chinese Lunar Calender hanging above desk
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 1954. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills (especially specialty skills) are explained. Higher skills need more justification.
Born on February 12th, 1921 Jiang Fwah was a child who lived in a non-typical Chinese household. He lived in the Chinatown of San Francisco, California where his father raised him and his two brothers without any help (His mother passed away giving birth to him).
Born the runt of the litter, Jiang was never as strong as his brothers and never met the expectations of his father in the many things he trained them in. One of the earliest principles Jiangs father trained them in was the art of the sword. While through this Jiang gained the strength to hold his own in most fights he never excelled as well as his two brothers. His father instead tried teaching him something different.
Mr. Fwah began telling Jiang who, at this time was about 7, about the stories of his ancestors who arrived in America during the time the Trans-Continental Railroad was being built and how Jiang's great-grandfather used the power of blackpowder to carve through mountains. Mr. Fwah began teaching Jiang about all the principles of explosives that had been passed down throughout their family and Jiang quickly found himself up into the late hours of the night drawing schematics and writing calculations for his own explosives with a gleam in his eye.
By the age of 12 Jiang knew how to demolish a small house with a handful of well-placed explosives. By 16 he could do the same to an apartment building and by that time had lost 2 fingers. By 18 he had been hired by the Castle Demolition Company to help with demolishing condemned buildings and made up the nickname Jed in order to fit in with the others who worked there.
One morning while he was travelling to work two men in suits stopped him and asked if he could do a job demolishing an abandoned warehouse. They offered a substantial sum for the job as long as he kept it quiet and made the paperwork disappear. Needing the money for his father who was quickly falling into old age he agreed and asked the men who they worked for. They said "It's a kind of auction house". That night carrying the charges to destroy the building he noticed the building was still being emptied of it's contents and that men with guns were guarding the place. While Jed registered he was in a bad place and needed to escape a squad of Foundation personnel swept in and tried to take the facility.
Jed quickly found himself hiding behind the same Jeeps as the Foundation agents after one of the guards yelled "You rat!" and started shooting at him. The agents he met quickly explained the situation to him and asked if he could be of any help. Jed quickly got to work improvising the demolition charges he brought into throwable explosives and quickly turned the tide of the fight for the Foundation.
Afterwards the Foundation agents recommended Jed for his quick thinking and help during the skirmish and he was offered a position working for the Foundation. Jed quickly accepted with the promise of working with some of the most dangerous objects in the world with the same gleam in his eye as when his father taught him of explosives.
Any other information you think would be interesting.
Jed has a dislike for using firearms. Whether it's because of his use of a sword or because of the large amount of explosives he carries on his back, or some combination therein is unknown.
Jeds' bag + fire equals bad times for all.
Jed needs to find a new way to carry explosives or make explosives safer. He may need the help of an engineer or scientist or perhaps another demolitionist.
Jed speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese along with English (his written English is a bit subpar).
He's looking to get his hands on some military grade explosives. Rumors of a replacement to Composition 3 have been filtering down through the demolition community and Jed would really enjoy a sample. He might even give you some "gifts" from his personal cache to repay you.
How much XP your character currently has :
You get /nothing/.