Position: Security Personnel
Demeanor: Quiet and reserved around people he is only slightly familiar with, even to the level of complete shyness. This is not the case with close friends, however, as he can be very loud and bombastic when he wants to be. Especially in a fight.
Nature: Quite shy around new people, or even people he actually knows slightly. Shows his true self around close friends, being much less shy and a bit more annoying. Can be cocky and arrogant in a fight, unless he can plainly see he's out matched. Manages to keep his cool relatively well in a crisis, until all hell breaks loose.
Description: Jacob Zachs is a 28 year old caucasian man. He's about 5'10"and weighs about 200lbs. He has short, blonde hair that probably looks a lot worse than he thinks it does. Doesn't usually wear anything restrictive to movement, such as a suit, but will when work requires it.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 5
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 4
- Strength: 4
- Persuasion: 2
- Intimidation: 3
- Melee: 3(+2)
- Ranged: 3
- Academics: 4
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- I am a boxer you know…: 3. Having trained as a boxer most of his life, Zachs is exceptionally skilled with the art. Using the agile dodging and counter techniques, Zachs is an excellent hand to hand combatant. Bonus to agility in hand to hand combat.
- alright…NOW I'M MAD!: 3. Zachs has a bit of a temper in battle, and while effective, it can hinder his performance. And it hits a limit when the other guy hits first. Bonus to Physical Defense, reduction in perception when opponent strikes first.
- When you can't kick 'em…: 2. Being smarter than he looks, Zachs has trained in the use of single-handed firearms, for those times when brawling isn't an option. Bonus to ranged when using a single-handed firearm.
- so much nope right now!: 2. Zachs knows when he can't win. Unfortunately for him, this also leads to panic in un-winnable situations. Which he almost always runs from. Unless he's stopped by someone else of course. Bonus to agility when running from a perceived threat.
- You're wide open!: 2. Using his boxing skills in combat, Zachs knows when the best time to strike is right after the opponent tried and failed. Bonus to melee after a successful block or dodge.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Personal Colt M1911 pistol
- backup ammo clip for said pistol
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Boxing gloves
- NYPD Officer's uniform
- Backup pistol
- Various academic and other non-fiction books
Jacob Zachs was born outside of New York City in 1927. He spent most of his childhood in the suburbs outside NYC, and was a relatively smart kid in school. He began training in boxing at the age of 10, his father having been a professional boxer. For a small kid, he was exceptionally skilled in the art, once winning a sparring match against a man nearly 8 inches taller than himself. Not quite feeling satisfied with boxing, he gained a wish to go into the military at a young age. He continued his training with hopes of giving himself an advantage at boot camp. Somewhat unfortunately for Zachs, his plans to join the military were stifled at the end of his junior year in high school, in 1945. Determined to do something in the world, Zachs studied hard in college, in his academics as well as in boxing. Zachs eventually decided to put his skill to good use as an officer for the NYPD, and he held an officer position for five years. During this time he felt he found a great job, putting away criminals made Zachs fell like he was doing something important. This also allowed him to train in single-handed firearms, giving him a ranged combat option if needed. He enjoyed his work thoroughly, helping keep order in New York City.Which is why Zachs was just the type of security personnel the Foundation was looking for.
- Moderately trained in single-handed firearms
- A lot smarter than he looks, having put his college years to good use
- Never fully stopped training in boxing, even though his training slowed in his college years
How much XP your character currently has.