Player: Recursive Recursion
Demeanor: Hughston is essentially the opposite of Quincy. Charming, polite, and friendly. He is more than willing to talk to people, though he keeps some secrets to himself. As he no longer possesses the anomaly that afflicted him in the past, he no longer radiates fear and uneasiness, and instead is more than willing to help everyone feel at ease around him.
Nature: Hughston is generally friendly and cooperative. But he will often disappear for periods of time with no explanation, giving no reason for this. He will often massage the tattoo on his arm as a nervous tic. In contrast to his former self, a conspiracy buff, Hugh claims to assume the best in everyone.
Description: After a painful episode of cranial trauma, the man who called himself 'Quincy Sage' regained his memories, and lost the anomalous ability that afflicted him. As such, he can think much more clearly, and devotes more time to maintaining his outward physical appearance. He keeps his hair neatly trimmed, and dresses to kill. Hughston enjoys talking with people about themselves, and will quickly deflect any questions about himself. In fact, he seems a little too eager to learn all he can about everyone.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 2
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 3
- Intimidation: 2
- Bluff: 3
- Melee: 2
- Survival: 1
- Sneak: 2
- Academics: 3
- Science: 2
- Medical: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Hello~o Nurse!: 3. Hughston is nice and charming, which helps his worm his way into people's heads, and get them to do what he wants. (Persuasion)
- A Recovering Conspiracy Addict: 3. From his time as Quincy, he knows a lot about various topics that Quincy researched as part of a conspiracy theory. Some stuff though, makes you wonder how smart he really is… (Academics or Science)
- I know that feel bro: 2. Has a lot of experience resisting his own anomaly (that no longer plagues him), which carries over. (Mdef against mentally intrusive attacks)
- You Won't Like Me when I'm Angry. 4. You wouldn't expect it from him, but he can be very threatening without his anomaly. (Intimidation and Bluff)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A necklace with a small crystal on it. He didn't have this before he regained his memories…
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A lot of documents, inherited from Quincy.
- A journal.
While not all of his memories are returned yet, Hughston has been very willing to share what he remembers. From what he has told, he was a Canadian veteran in the second World War, serving as a combat medic, (though not all of his memories have come back, making him a bit rusty). He claims that after serving in the war, he retired back to his home in Canada, before being approached by a mysterious man who 'cursed him'. Investigation on this is ongoing. There are some who suspect that some, if not all of this, is fabricated, though Hugh will immediately silence anyone who claims this, through conversational means…. or any necessary… Whatever the case, something isn't right about him.
Quincy was famous for hoarding various documents in his room. Since then, some of them have disappeared. Hugh isn't talking.
The QS tattoo on his arm stands for 'quis separabit' which is latin for 'Who Will Separate Us?'.
Hugh will often go off on his own, in an abandoned room, or somewhere isolated. No one knows what he does in there, but some people claim to have heard hushed muttering to someone else.
There seems to be a mysterious shadow stalking Hugh. He appears uneasy when asked about this.
How much XP your character currently has.