Position: Self-Styled Detective
Demeanor: Stand-offish, Show-off, Unflappable, Ladies' man, Judgemental, Quiet, Secretive
Nature: Caring, Show-off, Perceptive, Intelligent, Loyal, Uneasy around the strange, Inquisitive
Description: Harley for the most part is a 36 year old man, with his general style falling into the "Scruffy" category, with wrinkled and uncared-for suits being his usual clothing, some of them ill-fitting. He does have a few vests and slacks that are tailored to him, but the material is cheap, and a few of them have a bunch of little loops and nicks where he pulled at them too hard. Most of the income he gets as a consultant he pours into scarves and the like, with a bright red one similar to the one worn by the Shadow frequently wrapped about his person. He's got at least two good suits that don't look like he's kept them in a pile for a year or so, and a number of hats that seem to have gotten most of the care he can't afford to lavish on his suits. His hair is dark-brown, often styled jauntily since he doesn't think he has the time to fix it properly, and he's got a mild coating of stubble on his face, presumably to complete the hard-boiled detective look.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 4
- Persuasion: 4
- Sub-skill (Information Gathering): 2(0)(+2 from Persuasion)
- Melee: 6(4) (+2 from Strength)
- Ranged: 4
- Sneak: 3
- Engineering: 3
- Fighting Dirty: 5. Harley's had to hold his own for more than once after poking his nose into one too many messes that most people would rather he keep out of, and as such, he's picked up a few tricks to tip the odds in his favor, especially when he knows he's going to lose. He's not above cracking someone with an elbow, throwing sand into someone's face, or going for the more sensitive parts of his opponent, as long as it gets him out of the scrape.
- Breaking and Entering: 4. Being a private eye necessitates being able to enter places normally restricted to the average person, and Harley is no exception, he's knowledgeable in picking locked doors and safes quietly, though he's not averse to breaking doors down if the need calls for brute force.
- Eye for Detail: 3. Detective work calls for a sharp eye and a keen mind, with the smallest thing usually being the one clue that turns a case on its head. Harley excels at noticing little things about a person or a scene, often capable of piecing a vague idea of how the person carries himself or how a scene came about.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A flask for his sanity whiskey
- A Colt Official Police for self-defense
- A pack of Lucky Strike
- A small notepad and pencil
- A switchblade
- A bright red scarf
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here will be difficult for them to get a hold of.
- A small larder of various alcoholic drinks
- Assorted clothes for casual wear
- Several suits of varying states of wear and tear
- A few fiction books
- A number of hats, scarves and glasses without any lenses in them
- A few packs of cigarettes
- A corkboard still studded with various pictures and clippings
Harley was a fairly unremarkable boy from birth, he wasn't at all unique aside from a keen mind , one he put to good use at school. He'd found that he really didn't like people who bullied other people into doing their work for them, especially when they tried it on him, and managed to get himself into quite a number of fights in school, earning him a reputation as the one kid who'd gladly get himself into a fight if it meant teaching a bully a lesson.
This evolved into a desire to enter police work, and upon graduation at the age of 21 decided on becoming a full-time police officer for 9 years, until he found out that a number of his friends were on the take from a local mob boss, disillusioning him from police work for years until he picked up private consultancy 2 years back, in order to do what he believed was right and disregarding the rather limiting rulebook.
He'd been investigating a string of bizarre murders, all linked by an 18th century tribal relic that the victims had each bought in turn weeks prior to their murder, only to send it to someone they know the day before they perished, when Foundation operatives arrived at the site of the latest incident, and would've had him given a dosage of purple sand and sent on his merry way if he hadn't asked to be let in on whatever the hell this was after the operatives displayed more than a passing knowledge on the item in question. He provided them with a few extra leads that the Foundation had missed, along with information on other cases of a similar nature, and he'd been taken in to make use of both his information, which covered a few cases of SCP activity previously undocumented in Michigan, and his expertise.
Harley's got a passion for the Shadow character, anyone might guess that his style of dark clothing paired with a red scarf was directly inspired by him. He's also afraid of spiders, likes motorcycles, and dislikes people who think they're better then others, especially himself.
OPINIONS(listed in Harley's notepad)
Luvi - Crazy Kraut with a mean streak and possible anger issues. Should in no way be anywhere near Laura or Katie.
Laura - Fellow parent just trying to keep the world safe for her kid, it just so happens that said kid's right there with her.
Monday - Reminds me of Norton back at the station, but more Kraut.
Hill - Unstable lunatic. Should have his ass locked up somewhere nice and padded for all of our sakes.
Matt - Good kid, emotional. Seems to fancy that Emily girl a lot.
Emily - Can't say much. Blushes nicely, but out of my range. Deserves better than an old fucker like me anyway.
Albert - Like a goddamn tall tale from the West. Talks big and has the numbers to prove it. Getting him angry doesn't strike me as pleasant.
Katie - Cute as a button and twice as smart. If this was a sitcom I'd have made her my sidekick.
Nemi - A little kooky. Sensible. Has the prettiest eyes I've ever goddamned seen, and I've stared into my fair share of dame peepers.