Position: Mermaid Marine Biologist
Demeanor: Very quiet, tends to stay in her lab. Seems to like fish more than people.
Nature: Hanna is incredibly shy, and prefers to stay in her lab, and more importantly in her aquarium. The quickest way to her heart is through the ocean. Once she trusts and likes you, she is very friendly and eager to share her world with you.
Description: Hanna has typical Danish features. Long blonde hair, blue eyes that are sometimes covered by silver rimmed glasses, and fair skin. When she is human, she's around average height. She tends to go around in an odd getup of long pants and a very loose shirt over a swim top. And if she's using her crutches rather than her wheelchair, she's wearing the most comfortable shoes available, most likely slippers. If you actually do catch a glimpse of her legs, the skin is grey and scaly, and gets progressively more so further down her legs, until you get to her webbed toes. When she's a mermaid, which is most of the time, her most distinct feature is her long silvery grey tail with fins that go from pure silver to almost transparent. Her tail is about a foot longer than her legs.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 3
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 2
- Bluff: 3
- Melee: 2
- Ranged: 2
- Survival: 3
- Academics: 5
- Science: 4
- Engineering: 2
- The Little Mermaid: (3, anomalous) Hanna can trade her legs for a tail if she touches more than a few cups of saltwater. HOWEVER…
- It is very hard for Hanna to not change when exposed to enough saltwater. If she doesn't want to change, MDEF roll with anything less than a 3 being a change. If she passes, she does not change. If she does fail, she has 2 turns to get to a body of water, any body of water, before she starts taking physical damage, with the severity depending on the environment (eg, she won't take as much damage in a humid environment as she would a desert). Even after getting to water, the shock from an unexpected change prevents her from trying to change back immediately. A 1D3 is rolled, with the result being the number of turns until she can roll her anomaly roll to change back.
- Walking is painful for her, and the feeling is similar to having a few small shards of glass in the bottom of your feet. She will usually make use of her wheelchair or crutches, but if the need arises she can walk. Just don't expect her to run a marathon.
- She can breathe underwater.
- When underwater, she gets bonuses to
- I Love the Water: (4) Hanna loves the water. And she's had a pretty good chance to explore it as well. And the only thing that comes second to her love of the water is her love of the lore surrounding it. She can tell you almost anything you want to know about it, whether it be identifying species of fish or telling tales of krakens and other aquatic monsters. This gives her a bonus to all things oceanography and aquatic mythology.
- Calm of the Ocean: (2) Hanna finds it much easier to focus on her work when there's moving water nearby. Whether it's her pool or the Mediterranean Ocean, she can just think better when there's moving water nearby (Bonus to Acad/Sci/Perc when in the presence of a significant body of water, GM discretion)
- Pretend I'm Not Here: (3) Oh crap, is that a group of people? That's something to fear right there. Bonus to sneak when trying to avoid a social situation. This does not work if she is using her wheelchair.
- Silver ID Necklace
- Survival knife
- Swim top (generally worn under everything if she has to go human)
- Bottle of Saltwater. Either from her aquarium or from the ocean.
- Waterproof bag to hold stuff in.
- Wheelchair or crutches, whichever she chooses to use at that moment.
- In the Aquarium (2.5 Meters Deep, half a meter above ground, the rest in the floor. Takes up an entire wall. Two sides have a shallow ledge where she can rest or change back to human. There is also a ladder.
- Sand. And fish.
- A large collection of seashells.
- Science stuff
- A bookshelf on the opposite wall of the tank which holds…
- A very well loved copy of Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy Tales, in Danish.
- A few books about ocean life, in various languages.
- Wheelchair or crutches, whichever she doesn't feel like using at the moment.
- Towels. Lots of towels.
- Sketches of underwater landscapes.
- Some photographs taken underwater
- Trophy, from winning a giant shrimp mecha battle
- Crispy Bispy mecha shrimp (though that's kind of just a thing studied in the marine bio lab)
- A big seashell (from Moonwizardventures III: It's Only Piracy if You Don't Have a Permit)
Hanna was born November 17th, 1934 in Copenhagen, Denmark to a fishing family. She spent a lot of time by the boats, and more importantly by the water, while her family smuggled goods into Denmark and people out during World War II. While most kids outgrew a fascination with the ocean and its creatures, Hanna's love for the ocean only grew as she got older. She could spend days outside near the water, no matter the weather. And when she was away from the ocean, you can bet she was reading about it.
She was jokingly called The Little Mermaid by her peers, and she would have loved for that to have been true. But in the real world, some things are just never meant to be. Or so it would seem. One night, her fourteenth birthday actually, while she was sitting on the beach, letting the waves wash over her feet, she was approached by a stranger. She doesn't remember much of what happened before she was thrown in the ocean, but she will always cherish the memory of what happened next. The skin and muscles of her legs stretched and pulled until she had what she never even dreamed was possible, a tail. She kept her secret well, opting for stockings and long pants to cover her legs, which on land were scaly and gray, but in the water a beautiful silvery tail. The transformation became slowly less painful, while the pain she felt while walking on her own two legs diminished to the point it is now.
Hanna's life was once again turned around when she was 17 and got caught in a fishing net. It didn't take long for the Foundation to sweep in and pick her up. They did however, let her continue her studies on the ocean so long as she agreed to become a useful member of the task force.
- some Swedish
She's currently raising some viking shrimplets she got from a dead body that most likely contained a draugr.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Happy Birthday LK!||+3||5/20|
|Shrimp Pummeling Competition||+3||6/4|
|Moonwizardventures III: It's Only Piracy if You Don't Have a Permit||+2||6/4|
|Pretty Lights in the Sky||+2||6/14|
|Under the Sea||+4||7/29|
|William Dearheart Switt||+4||8/27|
|There Isn't Going to be a 1959||+3||1/1|
|Dreams of Industry||+3||2/11|