Position: Long range support and general security
Demeanor: Frank's a friendly man, and generally acts as such, making jokes and being kind. He trades friendly insults with his brother, but he's not always this amiable. When things get serious, he gets quiet and merely focused on the task at hand.
Nature: Frank is a very lonely person, not in the sense that he has no friends or family, but in that he deliberately seeks the company of others out to avoid being alone, even if his company is unwanted. When it comes to issues of ethics, Frank errs on the side of 'right', but deep down he knows if it comes down to his life versus that of anothers, he'll let them die before he does.
Description: Frank is 6'4", a smidge under his brother in height, and 170 pounds, his body lean and skin light brown. His hair is short and black, and otherwise unremarkable. His face would be fine, if not for his vaguely tired although cheerful eyes, and the scar that goes across his neck, snaking onto the bottom of his jaw, which is partially obscured by his short, thin beard.
There's scars like that on his lower arms and shoulder as well. He typically dresses in loose, if a little stylish clothes. On colder nights he wears a patched duster, his father's. He has a cowboy-type hat, but he'll only wear it if it's hot enough to warrant such a hat.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 2
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 6
- Strength: 4
- Melee: 4 (2+2 from STR)
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 4
- Sneak: 5
- Long Distance Relationship: 4. Frank, as a 'trained' sniper, is especially good at sniping, surprisingly. For his spec to activate, he needs distance or height on his target(s). He has to roll Agility, passing a dc of 6 to get down fast enough to shoot that turn. When in position, he cannot dodge, and 2+ damage will take him out of position.
- Climbing Captain: 5. Franklin spent most of his childhood climbing outside, up rock faces and the like. He has +2 Agility and +3 Strength when climbing as a result of that.
- I'm Knot an Idiot 2. An important part of rock climbing, and many other things, is tying knots. Frank's frankly very good at it. He has +2 Survival when using it to tie knots
- Desert Dweller 1. Frank knows quite a bit about survival, and even more about surviving in the desert on top of that. 1+ to any Survival rolls involving desert survival, such as plant or animal identification, navigation, and other related tasks.
- M1903A4 Springfield Rifle, previously his father's
- Colt Python, the handle is carved with a few designs
- Survival knife, the handle is wrapped in cloth, as the original handle has eroded
- Desert survival guide
- Flint and steel, as well as tinder
- Simple multitool
- Playing cards
- Family pictures, mostly of Aaron with one or two of his parents
- Typewriter and paper
- A decent collection of older books, all worn, with pages marked by slivers of paper and highlighted passages
- A chess set
- Clothing, a little worse for wear
- A sleeping bag
- A camping mess kit
Franklin was born in 1929 to Louis and Martha Books a mixed race couple in a distinctly segregated town. Frank was yet another economic strain on his family as the Great Depression closed in on them. Despite this, he had a good enough childhood, although his brother leaving to join the military definitely marked the end of the good times. At the age of 10 he had to get to work alongside his father, just to avoid selling anything else to avoid starvation. This more or less ended his schooling, which was already being done by his mother due to the worsening threats made towards him at school.
At the age of 14, with his brother fighting in World War Two, and barely a friend to speak of, he was left to bury his parents, who had died from illness, two days apart. After this, he survived on his own, mostly living in the wilderness outside of the town, hunting the wildlife and drinking from the cleaner looking springs. He'd return home to make sure his parent's graves had been undisturbed, and to get new books to read from his mother's collection. This life continued until his brother returned from the war, and he was secretly glad to leave the town for California at his brother's behest, although outwardly he was very stubborn in regards to the move.
In California, Franklin hunted while his brother worked, and he completed his education which he'd been unable to do in Arizona. Things were fairly nice for a while, and while on some level he still resented his brother, partially for not being there, and partially for tearing him away from the desert. All the same, things were nice until one fateful hunting trip in 1956.
Frank was out hunting, when he saw something extremely odd and frankly disturbing. A six foot tall thing, pale and unnervingly thin. He tracked it for a mile, not shooting but too mesmerized by its oddness to not follow. Eventually, it attacked him, mauling his arms as he tried to defend himself from its clawed hands. The creature dragged Frank back to its nest, where he lied in near-death for two days before being rescued by his brother.
He joined the Foundation alongside his brother, and most likely recovered from his injuries so well because of the medical care he was able to get. He now serves on Psi-7 with his brother.
- Italian (can understand, speaking it is an issue)
- Frank used to love the outdoors, but he's grown wary of them after being attacked
- Frank is an avid reader
XP: 0How much XP your character currently has. Also list any XP you have received or spent, and where it came from or where it went.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|