Demeanor: Guarded, eccentric, and somewhat paranoid. Friendly enough once you get to know him, but the eccentricity becomes more obvious.
Nature: Can be introverted towards people he is not familiar with. Becomes very talkative around his close friends. Eccentric, especially when it comes to anomalies. Scatterbrained. Can be somewhat paranoid at times. Is constantly getting into other people's business.
Description: Thin and very tall, about 6'7". Is commonly seen wearing a dress shirt and slacks, occasionally with a tie. May also wear a tanker shirt and jeans on casual days. Slightly unruly dark brown hair, and a mustache. Wears a long brown coat with several pockets while on assignment. Still has a good eye for detail and a good mind for storing information, but his previously eidetic memory has been worn down and altered to a merely really good memory due to various mental anomalies.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 6
- Agility: 2
- Persuasion: 3
- Survival: 2
- Sneak: 3
- Academics: 6
- Science: 5
- Engineering: 5
- Navigation: 5. Evan grew up in a house where both location and reality were known to occasionally shift. This has given him an increased awareness of his surroundings and how to move through them. Character has an increased aptitude for moving and guiding other characters through areas (including warped and inconsistent ones) without becoming lost, and is able to recall the layouts of buildings and areas.
- A Strong but Weary Fortress: 3. Evan grew up on top of a dimensional rift, which on it's own isn't necessarily healthy but also served to attract large amounts of other anomalies, many of them mental. As a result, Evan is very aware of his mental state at any given time, and has learned to set up strong mental defenses and guard against attacks and manipulation. However, while he has learned a great deal from this long barrage of griefs and attacks, it has had the negative effect of wearing him down over time and weakening his mind in some places, which a clever anomaly or manipulator can make use of. When making a roll for mdef, Evan can roll an additional 3df (example: Evan rolls 7df+6 instead of 4df+6 when this specialty is used). When this specialty is used, a result of four '-'s is not considered a critical fail, but it could be considered a low roll in the same way a (0, -, -, -) result is considered a low roll. In the event that all seven dice come up as a '-' or '+', it is treated as much more serious than a normal critical due to the fact that there is only a 1/2187 chance of it happening.
- Seen It All: 4. If you hang around anomalies for long enough, you start to build up a really good gut instinct for when it comes to telling that they're there or figuring out what they are or what makes them tick. Evan performs an independent roll to try to detect an anomaly, or gain insight into what it is, how it works, or basic operating mechanics at GM discretion.
- Pencil and notepad
- White chalk
- Journal and pen
- Swiss army knife
- Duct tape
- Occult Studies and Research (+3 to Academics for magic and the occult.)
- Camouflage Cloak (+1 to Survival in forest environments.)
- Inverted World Stave (Elora plotline only)
- Wayfarer’s Compass (Always points to Dublin, Ireland. Extra effects in dimensional anomalies and otherwise at GM discretion. Unknown what would happen if it was ever brought to Dublin, Ireland.)
- Brick (???)
- Background Songster (A record that, when active, plays ambient music appropriate to the scene.)
- Vital Energy Radiation Imaging Tactical Awareness System (VERITAS) (Allows Evan to see magical energy.)
- Anti-Occult Kit (A set of equipment based off of Jacob Wexley's anti-fairy kit, with some modifications. Includes a crucifix, five ounces of of silver, a smudge stick of white sage, three ounces of rock salt, and a prayer book based off of the one used by the Catholic Church for exorcisms. Bonuses at GM discretion, but generally can be used to combat most supernatural threats, including vampires, ghosts, fairies, and possessive demons.)
- Lucky Rock (Deals disproportionate and absurd levels of damage. Returns to user by their next turn.)
- Pyrotic Lighter (One use per run. Flamethrower.)
- Journal (same one he takes into the field)
- Typewriter and paper
- Extra clothes
- Record player
- Bookshelf and books (fiction & non-fiction)
- Old stuffed bear ("Reese")
- Red Diamond
- 50 Elorean coins.
- Elorean medallion.
- Icelandic Hat.
- Glass taken from the crater of an exploding tank. (gift from Piper)
- Surfboard (job reward from Wade Quincy)
- Laughing Sword (Raided from Laughing Court)
- Red Cross Nurse Uniform
- Warlock robes.
- A silver ring with a blue gem.
- Lots of cash from a maniac artist.
- Onald Carvell's card (given by Shen)
- Mr. Wonderful's card (can be summoned on command)
- Collapsible yardstick
- Magnifying glass
Evan Walker was born to Fredrick and Eliza Walker on December 22, 1933, in New York City. During his early childhood, Mr. Walker's parents would often take whatever jobs they could, leaving him to his own devices. To keep himself entertained, Mr. Walker would often pass time by making sketches of the various people an buildings in his neighborhood.
Mr. Walker's childhood home was later found to have been constructed on a dimensional weak point,1 causing him to be constantly subject to alterations in local topography and reality (this area is now cataloged as E-███). This resulted in Mr. Walker gaining some basic skill in recognizing patterns in anomalous activities. Studies of the psychological effects on Mr. Walker are ongoing.
Mr. Walker then went on to study mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After graduating, he went on to work as a consultant and analyst for the New York City Police Department. Durring this time, he also gained experience in the basic principles of forensic analysis.
While he never incorporated it into his career path, Mr. Walker gained more interest in various mythologies while in university, specifically with the appearances and behaviors of various mythological species and organisms. He has kept a passive hobby of studying further into mythology.
Mr. Walker was brought to the interest of the Foundation during an investigation into the past habitation of E-███.
Once a part of Psi-7, Evan began to form connections, making some great friends (and a few foes) on the force. In addition, he was able to get a job in the thaumaturgy lab, working along the likes of Cait and Markus. While there, he was able to start honing his skills in interacting with the magical sphere of the anomalous, finally having some definitive and well-researched material to study from.
Someone on the team *cough* Kit *cough* still probably has Evan beat for the record of most-times-altered-by-an-anomaly-while-on-the-job, but he's had his fair share of alterations and effects. Some of the more memorable occasions were when Evan was implanted with the memories of agent Vivian Mordecai (which have slowly begun to fade) and the incident with the infomorphic entity known as Lilith. Over the course of this event, Evan fused with/was possessed by part of Lilith. This granted agent Walker temporary reality altering effects (which manifested as personal biological manipulation and illusions) and formed a kind of adoptive relationship between the two. While he no longer displays these anomalous properties, the status of Evan's relationship with Lilith is currently unknown. In a more recent event, Evan drank from the plane of dreams. The effects this has had on him are not entirely clear.
For the later part of 1957, Evan was transferred back to New York and to Site-19. While there, early in October, Evan's parents died in a car crash (though he was not there to see it). A few weeks later, Evan succumbed to a mental anomaly while in the field. While standard amnestic treatment managed to counter the effects, Evan no longer possesses and eidetic memory, and the nature of his mental defenses has changed to a slight degree.
Further observation of Evan Walker is advised.
Eliza's parents were both practicing Jews who emigrated to America, though her father was from Italy while her mother was from Poland. Fredrick's father was from Mississippi, while his mother was from Ireland. Eliza practiced Judaism as a child, while Fredrick was raised Baptist. Eliza converted after she met Fredrick.
Loves cinnamon rolls and lemon drops, and often has some of the later to offer people.
His shadow is named Amity.
He actually got the brick to do something.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|Nemi's Mythic Beasts Run||+3||Jan. 24, 2016|
|DiePotato's Marriage Counseling Run||+2||Jan. 30, 2016|
|Soulless' Shanty for Whale Sharks Run||+2||Feb. 12, 2016|
|Talonair's Audience with the Drowned Run||+2||Feb 20, 2016|
|Talonair's Prepare to be Boarded Run||+4||Feb. 23, 2016|
|Runemaster's Fieldbook Purchase||-6||Feb. 24, 2016|
|SpookyBee's No World Order Run||+2||Feb. 25, 2016|
|Sax's The Coronation Run||+2||March 3, 2016|
|5 Perception » 6 Perception||-11||March 7, 2016|
|Talonair's Gatecrashers Run||+2||March 19, 2016|
|Sax's Premonitions of Rage Run||+2||March 20, 2016|
|Daedalus' Advanced Vulcanology Run||+4||March 22, 2016|
|1 Engineering » 2 Engineering||-7||March 22, 2016|
|SpookyBee's A World of Slumber Run||+2||March 24, 2016|
|madness_'s Sweet Tweets Run||+6||March 25, 2016|
|Nemi's Written on the Walls Run||+2||March 26, 2016|
|Daedalus' Family Matters Run||+2||April 1, 2016|
|4 Academics » 5 Academics||-9||April 10, 2016|
|Talonair's Like A Broken Record Run||+4||April 16, 2016|
|Sax's Scales of Truth Run||+2||April 19, 2016|
|5 Academics » 6 Academics||-9||April 19, 2016|
|LadyKatie's Gods of Men Run||+2||April 22, 2016|
|Wayfarer's Compass Purchase||-3||April 25, 2016|
|Quinlan's A Forest Dark Run||+3||April 29, 2016|
|Brick Purchase||-1||May 4, 2016|
|LadyKatie's Dauntless Run||+2||May 17, 2016|
|Quinlan's Midway On the Journey of Our Life Run||+3||May 20, 2016|
|Wogglebug's Wizardventures III Run||+2||June 4, 2016|
|Balthazaar's Conception Run||+2||June 4, 2016|
|ZombieMesh's Red Threaded Stories Run||+2||June 29, 2016|
|5 Mental Defense » 6 Mental Defense||-11||June 30, 2016|
|DSJ's I Worship with my Hands Run||+3||August 1, 2016|
|SpookyBee's The Dead City's Radio Run||+4||August 3, 2016|
|VERITAS Purchase||-8||August 3, 2016|
|Soulless' Recollecting the Collective Run||+2||August 5, 2016|
|Birthday||+3||December 22, 2016|
|Christmas||+5||December 24, 2016|
|Hankolijo's Awakening Run||+2||December 27, 2016|
|Anti-Occult Kit Purchase||-12||January 1, 2017|
|Hankolijo's Shattered Dynasty Run||+4||January 3, 2017|
|Alivi's Ghost Train Run||+2||January 6, 2017|
|Hankolijo's Federation Farce Run||+2||January 7, 2017|
|Occult Studies and Research Purchase||-6||January 8, 2016|
|Daedalus' Time Mirror Run||+4||January 8, 2017|
|Talonair's Shadow Games Run||+3||January 14, 2017|
|Daedalus' Upon Reflection (aka that one time with the brick) Run||+5 and 1/3 (creative use of brick)||January 15, 2017|
|Lucky Rock and Pyrotic Lighter Purchases||-12||January 18, 2017|
|Hankolijo's Stone Ocean Run||+2||January 28, 2017|