Demeanor: Insane and makes too many jokes, but gets the job done.
Nature: Selectively social and a hermetic shut-in.
Description: Average height with pale skin and extremely dark hair. Consistently covered in burns, Eugene personifies the mad scientist, albeit in a much younger form.
- Physical Health: 3
- Mental Health: 26
- Physical Defense: 3
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 2
- Strength: 1
- Persuasion: 4
- Intimidation: 6
- Bluff: 4
- Nuclear Alchemy: 8. Due to his history , Eustace knows enough about radioactive substances to use them to change the atomic properties of chemicals and elements.
- Berserker: 3. Eustace, even though he is the lovable lunatic, does have a tendency to snap under duress. He gains 8 physical attack until the situation is past, then takes 100% mental health damage.
- Bad Jokes: 0. Eustace loves jokes; however, he doesn't always love the good ones. Roll df every time Eustace tells a joke; everyone in the surrounding area takes mental health damage equal to the number of minuses.
- Radiation Bomb: 1. Eustace throws nuclear waste at an enemy for [|df|+1] damage.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Loaded Smith and Wesson SW Model 29 (.44 Magnum) with 12 extra clips
- 1001 Jokes to Tell Your Friends: Special 5th Anniversary Edition
- Bedroll, tent
- Stuffed llama named Paul
- Trench coat
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Trench coat
- Stuffed llama collection
- Paint and canvases
- 1100011 Jokes You Should Memorize
- Sears and Roebuck Model 49
- Ammo can of 5,000 .22 LR rounds
- Two axes
- Ten tomahawks
Eugene Harris was born just before the beginning of the Great Depression. In the face of economic recession, his father became an abusive alcoholic, and his mother a morphine addict. He now refuses to partake of any intoxicating substances.
Immediately after Eugene finished high school, he tried to settle down with a nice girl.
She wasn't so nice.
She was crueler than his father had been, and more demanding than his mother; this lead to an extremely long, painful, and drawn-out divorce, inducing hallucinatory insanity, psychosis, and higher-functioning autism, followed by ten years of psychotherapy. While his condition has improved, it would take anomalous help to completely heal his mind.
The same autism caused by his ex-wife also boosted his mental processing power to the point where most normal people find his ability to communicate somewhat lacking, probably because his intelligence quotient is far above average. Because of this, he went on to earn a degree in civil engineering, nuclear physics, and a doctorate in political science.
The Foundation recruited him off the streets of his home city, a small town in South Carolina, after he was dismissed from the Manhattan Project and other nuclear-related investigations funded by the government for off-topic research, workplace violence related to his psychosis, as well as being convicted on charges of forgery. The charges were dropped and all records expunged to allow the US government to deny the existence of said projects.
Eugene was responsible for the discovery of nuclear transmutation, whereby he was able to change the number of electrons in the atoms of a given substance to reflect those of precious metals, such as gold and silver, or conductors, such as silicon and carbon. It should be noted that these affected substances become radioactive variations of the element they reflect.
- The Foundation is looking in to acquire nuclear catalysts to allow Eugene to create gold to fund the Foundation.
- Eugene's autism is both his greatest weakness and his greatest asset
- His hallucinatory insanity causes him to see his nightmares, with no apparent pattern, when awake
- Eugene is 33 years of age