Position: Advanced Scout/Containment Archivist. Keeps written records of assigned Foundation assets. Often moves ahead of groups to mark and assign targets for the rest of the team, as well as gathering information.
Demeanor: Calm, cheerful, supportive, with a tint of coldness
Nature: Ethel is rather stand-offish, though she cares a great deal for her team, however conflicted she's personally feeling. However, she sometimes finds herself going long periods of time without speaking to people, even her friends or team mates. Beneath her weak smile and glass-like eyes, something is very wrong with her, but it isn't clear as to what. Ethel is very self-conscious about her body.
Description: Ethel is 5'4", and weighs 120lbs. She has pale, greyish skin. Her hair is medium-short length and pitch-black, often parted into a formal style. Her eyes are a shimmery glass-grey color.
Her body is lean and semi-muscular, with a scar on the left side of her hips, one running down her right thigh, and one crossing chest from the upper left down.
Her voice is soft, with a sharp curve. She often speaks very quietly, if at all. She has a broad, confident stance.
Ethel no longer covers up her natural accent. She has a soft Russian accent, in combination with an English/American grammar system.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 4
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 3
- Intimidation: 1
- Bluff: 3
- Melee: 4
- Ranged: 5
- Sneak: 4
- Academics: 2
- Science: 0
- Engineering: 1
- Medical: 0
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Adrenal Berserk 3. In high-stress combat situations, Ethel might lose control of herself. Ethel will surge with adrenal strength and blindly assault the target she's focusing on. (Ethel must roll against her MDEF. If she rolls below her base MDEF, Ethel goes into a berserk state where she gets bonuses to STR and MEL rolls until her target is defeated. If she rolls above, nothing happens. She must roll before taking any action in a combat situation. Berserk lasts 3 TURNS.)
- Cooperative: 3. Ethel's already good with words, but she's much more comfortable around people she can trust. It seems that the more friends Ethel has surrounding her, the easier it is to think and speak clearly. For every team mate in the room, Ethel gains +1 to any roll involving persuasion, consoling, or bargaining, with a maximum bonus of +3.
- Pack Mother: 2. Ethel cares immensely about her team, even if it means getting a little rough. If someone's messing with her team, she's not afraid to get a little scary and show just how much she really cares. When a one of her team mates has lost two or more PHYSICAL HEALTH points, she gains +2 INTIMIDATION per PHYSICAL HEALTH lost past -2HP, to a maximum of +6.
- SMG Specialist: 2. Ethel's used to getting caught in tight situations, and in response, she's ready to Swiss-cheese anyone who might be getting the wrong idea. Growing up with gangs gave her an affinity for compact, easily-hidden guns. When Ethel is using an SMG, she has a bonus to rolls when firing, maintaining, and concealing any SMG.
- Eidetic Memory: 2. Ethel was raised counting cash, guns, and other illicit merchandise. She's been tasked with keeping records of missions, interrogation reports, and field reports, and she does her job pretty damn well. Ethel's got a bonus to rolls for recalling information.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A small glass vial of her own blood, worn around her neck on a thin chain
- Twin-Rippers: M3A1 SMG and Vignaron SMG
- Body straps
- White shell jacket
- Black turtleneck (Polycotton)
- Black trousers with many pockets, and slots for armor plating
- Knee boots
- Winchester Model 70
- Ammunition Satchel for Model 70, containing .375 H&H Magnum ammunition
- Suppressor for M3A1
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Antique clock
- 8 leather-bound notebooks
- Wine cabinet(four bottles of grape wine)
- A pet tarantula named Susan
- Candles(Red, pink, purple, white, green)
- A brass pentagram, laid on the surface of her writing desk
- An old, locked leatherbound book, with the visage of a spider on the cover. The lock is impossible to pick, and requires a triskeleon key.
- A collection of Detective Comics
- A poster of the Chordettes on her wall.
- Magazine For TT-30 (Looted)
- .357cal Magnum Revolver "Peacemaker" with modifications: Rifle barrel, screw-bound extendable rifle stock
- Small, leather-bound notebook
- Heavy black trench coat with internal cartridge straps
- Studded leather belt
- Trench knife
- Pen knife
- Tin whiskey flask
- 4 Ball-point pens
- Black three-piece suit
- Triskeleon Key
- Black Ceramic Bastard Sword
- Vigneron SMG
- Shining Court Assassin Boots
- Shining Court Knife
- Ball Mask
Ethel Grindsler was born in New York, February 2nd, 1927, along with two sisters and a brother. In the fall of 1932, her parents were killed in a shooting, and they were taken in by a small family, that of which was under the protection of a local crime organization.
Her and her siblings were split up in 1936, her being taken in by a gang and raised under a sturdy roof, and her sisters and brother disappearing from her life entirely. Ethel was taught how to take care of senior members of the mob's family, and she served as a house maid for several years. She gained an affinity for caring for others needs, to the point where it was one of the only things that could make her smile.
In 1942, Ethel was removed from the care-taking business, and inserted directly into organized crime. She was taught how to handle money and numbers, which she took to almost naturally. Within a short five years, she began working her way from petty, third-party cash transactions, to drug exchanges, and finally up to direct arms dealing.
Ethel lasted until 1946 in the transaction business, and had taught herself to remain extremely well-mannered and composed in all situations, including life-or-death situations, often talking her way out of trouble, if she could.
By 1950, Ethel had become a personal hitwoman for the family, tasked with making examples of "Unfaithful business partners". Even when caught, her doll-like visage and kind-hearted personality managed to get her out of nearly every interrogation her boss couldn't buy her out of, leaving her with a nearly spotless criminal record.
Finally, in 1954, Ethel had begun to feel guilty about hurting innocent people, and she began giving information to the New York Police Department on the family's dealings. Soon, the entire family was arrested and tried, and their merchandise and money were taken by the state.
Ethel was bailed out of prison by the anonymous organization in 1955, and recruited as a Field Archivist, revealing their true identity to her as a containment agency for paranormal entities and objects. Ethel agreed to work for them happily, as long as they could keep her out of prison.
Bronze Service Ribbon:
Silver Service Ribbon:
- Ethel prefers strawberry flavoring to actual strawberries
- Ethel has a peculiar love for loud noises.
- She has a single, deep cut on the left side of her face, going over her eye from a diving accident. Ethel finds some pleasure in telling people the scar is from a bear attack.
- Ethel is somewhat reluctant to try new kinds of weapons.
- She named her SMG "Bethany". What a dweeb, right?
- She's pretty good at spinning her revolver, and she knows not to do it while it's loaded.
- Ethel's favorite bands are The Andrews Sisters, and The Chordettes.
- Ethel's favorite superhero is Batman.
- She uses her belt as a stress reliever. When she gets stressed out, she pulls her studded belt out, and whips it against something hard and sturdy, as her efforts reward her with loud, sharp snaps.
- Ethel loves cooking, even if she's total garbage at it.
- She loves turtles, spiders, scorpions, and anything with a hard shell.
- Ethel's favorite color is lavender.
- Ethel has a fear of cars and high-speeds.
- Ethel's heavy pistol "Sophitia":http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2012/12/SmithandWessonModel320RevolvingRifle_001.jpg
- Ethel's accent isn't easily identifiable. She pronounces her name as "Eetal", though.
- Ethel has extremely messy hair, and can only tame it with a hot shower or hair gel.
- Nobody's ever seen Ethel eat. Maybe she only eats in private?
- Ethel is rather sympathetic to characters affected by anomalies. She feels extremely uncomfortable calling people "Anomalies" or "Anomalous".
- She once fell off a cliff, stood back up, and promptly told physics to suck it.
How much XP your character currently has.
+2XP from tackling Father Nature
+2XP from Al-Caponing in All American: Election Day
+4XP from going insane in the Foundation of Mental Health
+2XP from stalking the night in Equation
+4XP from a cult hunt in Watcher In The Night
+2XP from getting reclothed in All American: Thimble Magicks
+4XP from splintering a family in A Spectre Is Haunting Europe
+3XP from preventing an assassination in Sealed In Blood
+2XP from exercising Father Murphy in Murphy's Law
+2XP from making death threats in Battle Of The Scholars
+2XP from getting boomsticked in My dinner with Kim Il-Sung
+3XP from getting drugged in Jaguar's Den
+2XP from diplomatic action in Equivalency
+3XP from going shank-happy in Show Of Arms
+4XP from getting knocked out in Lies Of Omission
+3XP from hearing ghosts in Shedding Tears
+2XP from reading the Necronomicon in A Dance With The Prince Of Death
+3XP from getting beat up in Power Hungry
+4XP from STEALING THE BOOTS in A Bloody Retort
+4XP from getting a bow in Objectives
+2XP from getting a concussion in Double Vison
+4XP from ending a boss in Tattered Fates
+2XP from getting capture in Big Damn Heroes
+2XP from spy stuff in Pretty Faces On Parade
+2XP from speechcraft in An Audience With The Drowned
+4XP from taking down a Rook in Prepare To Be Boarded
+2XP from talking in The Coronation
-25XP for purchasing Language Lessons(Russian)
-9XP for +1 SNEAK
-9XP for +1 MELEE
-10XP for +1 RANGED
-1XP for a Brick
-9XP for +1 AGILITY
Arcanum & Memories:
- Ethel has memorized "Twin blood blades" to her Arcanum.
- Remind maintenance to repair the outer fences.
- Mr. Regal's jacket is the same make as the cloth found by the helicopter landing site.
- Sandra Peterson: I'm pretty conflicted about Sandra. I know she lies about a lot to me. I've has made a personal promise to protect her, regardless of my personal conflict.
- Andy Elrod: I really admire Andy. He's a pretty solid man, as far as I'm concerned.
- Katherine Haleigh Voss: I'm jealous of Voss, as much as I don't want to admit it, physically, but I think Voss could use an attitude change.
- Ghost Sign: Ghost Sign is the man. I would never do anything to make him sad.
- May Gremire: Absolutely in love with May. I'd put May's life as a higher priority than my own any day of the week. Love of my life!
- Gwen Bowman: I'm conflicted about Kit… Not sure what to think. Do not give Kit dynamite.
- Artyom Elkin: He is like a brother to me, even if he does not know it. A very arrogant, self-important, annoying brother.
- Amelie Zelinka: I have appointed myself as a guardian angel for Amelie. I'm sympathetic of the girl, and see so much of myself in Amelie… I feel like I could find someone like a sister in Amelie some day.
- Thomas Caldwell: I know little about Thomas, nor do I care to learn. He has his uses for the inevitable future.
- Isa Re: Fond of Isa, she helped me figure her life out. Trusted.
- Rebecca Powell: Powel is an oddity. Would shoot me if she had a reason. I feel bad for shooting her in the arm. I will miss her greatly…
- Randall Clymer: Randall cares for May and I without asking for anything in return. My father.
- Sophia Matsumoto: Immature, dim, Sophia needs to be taught how to handle a weapon. She won't survive long without one.
- William Cassidy: Honorable man, would trust with my life. I do, actually. Gives a damn about what happens to me.
- Shawn Thronton: Shawn is eccentric, if anything… What an odd man. Humorous, though. I would like to see him on the field soon.
- Hans Emmerich: Very kind man. I trust him to protect Sandra, and with my own life, regardless of his disability. Heart of gold.
- Cait Ashland: One of my most trusted companions. I've offered myself to aid curing her blight. Removed my scars. I won't let her die.
- Maxwell Sterling: Good man, do not know much about him. Would like to know more. Nice beard.
- Sabina Rus: Very kind girl. Fears she will vanish if not attended to. I don't forget her face.
- Herschel Osterberg: I think he is a very… Odd man. I respect his priorities of words before bloodshed.
- Dana Cain: She's sure something… I would love to get to know her better. She could be a useful asset.