Demeanor: Sunny disposition, Fiery temper.
Nature: Tends towards the dramatic, rather kind, bad temper, a tad radical.
Description: A young woman of 26, Emily somewhat resembles her father Albert. She has tanned skin and blue/ gray eyes. She has blonde hair, worn in a loose ponytail most of the time. She's little, standing at about 5'1" and has a nice figure, unsurprising given her job. She likes to dress in summer dresses, colourful skirts and cute blouses.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense:4
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 5
- Strength: 3
- Quid pro quo: 2
- Bluff: 6
- Acting: 3
- Ranged: 4
- Survival: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Actress: 5. Being a big shot New York actress, Emily can act just about any role she likes almost flawlessly. She can sing, and even mimic peoples voices. (Persuasion, Bluff, Intimidate)
- Her fathers daughter: 4. After being taught how to shoot by a very experienced gunman, Emily knows just what parts of a man to shoot to make him die. (Ranged)
- Dancer: 3. Having trained for many dance numbers in her roles, Emily has become a fine dancer, agile and graceful as a cat. (Agility and Strength where applicable)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Colt M1911
- MAS 1873 revolver (Given to her by Serge Maillard)
- Pocket knife
- Make up kit
- Diamond engagement ring. (Given to her by Matt Harrison)
- Wedding ring
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Family photos
- Many many clothes
- Movie/ show scripts
- Video camera
- Photo albums
- Painting of herself by Matt
- Mountain lion skull
- Bullet fragments from: Her foot, Matts side
- Forgotten diary
- 2 bars of gold, one Nazi gold as a wedding gift from Monday, the other more run of the mill from her father
- Gilbert and Sullivan collection- wedding gift from Abe
- Full set of Spartan armor.
Born to parents Albert and Jane Van Der Linde in Chicago, 1926, Emily was the apple of her parents eye, as her birth was a rather large surprise. She was raised in the family home by her parents and going to a wealthy school in the city, and was taught how to shoot and live off the land by her parents when not in school. When her parents divorced in 1930, she was raised by her father, Albert. While she missed her mother, and felt bad for her father, who was not handling the break up well, she was happy in her life. They were often visited by her older siblings, but she was not allowed to see her mother, for reasons she did not understand until she was older.
In this life, she eventually became involved in the idea of acting, and moved out of the family home in 1948 to pursue an acting career in New York. However, this career moved slowly, with her unable to secure any major roles, and having to work at a diner to support her attempted career. She finally had enough in 1954, when she responded to a Foundation recruitment drive, jumping at the chance for an exciting career.
History, Continued: Emily was in a heavily abusive relationship with a man named Chris Stone for a few years. After he cowed her and put her into hospital multiple times, she was able to escape from him into the Foundation when her brother Seth beat Chris to the point of hospitalization.
- Update: Emily spent her time at the Foundation trying very hard to move on from this, but found the memories too traumatic to live with. She undertook amnestic treatment, which has been successfully implemented.
- Update: Emily is now aware of what happened to her, but has not regained the trauma.
Personality: Emily is typically a bubbly, warm and friendly woman, always happy to see you and chat. However, on the flip side of this, she can also have a nasty temper.
Emily is also a very easily shaken person, frightened of doing the wrong thing around those she cares about, and is easily hurt by things, due to a previous relationship.
- Update: While mostly the same as she has always been, since undertaking amnestic treatment, Emily has become a bolder, hardier person, a result of no longer remembering her trauma.
Appearance (Detailed): Emily is a slender girl, standing at 5'1". She has rather delicate features, but it's easy to tell she is related to Albert. She has gray eyes, and very long blonde hair, which she typically wears in a long braid, reaching down to her hips. She tends to dress in sundresses with coats, preferably with floral patterns. Emily has many scars all over her, given to her by her abusive ex boyfriend Chris. These include…
- Various jagged scars from glass on her torso. From broken glass.
- Various lines of puncture wounds, four in a row. From Chris' brass knuckles. Most visible example is located on the back of her neck.
- Bullet wound on left foot, accidentally self inflicted.
- Poorly headed rib.
- Left forearm is crooked, due to a poorly healed break.
- Scars from a bite on her shoulder/ neck area
Emily loves to sing and dance, and she's pretty good at both.
Her birthday is the 19th of December.
She is afraid of the site guards, the dark, Mister Graves, orbs, owls and bullet ants now.
A bit radical in some of her views, but too shy to voice them.
Enjoys blues music, and has loved what she's heard of rock 'n roll so far. Particularly that Elvis Presley fellow.
Wants to one day move to a farm and start a family.
Images of Animal!Emily: Link 1 Link 2
As of the 15th of March, 1955, she is engaged to be married to Matt Harrison
As of the 15th of April, 1955, She is married to Matt Harrison
|Photo of Emily Harrison circa 1954.|
- Arrives in January, quickly befriends many agents.
- Develops close bond with Matt Harrison after they each help each other with various tasks and problems
- Becomes very close to Laura and Katie Moodie, declaring the elder her sister and the younger her niece
- Declares Serge Maillard to be a brother to her
- Shares her first Kiss with Matt Harrison, under the supervision of Kevin Winsthrop
- Gets bitten by a bullet ant. Resolves to never find out what a real bullet wound feels like
- Is transformed into a quoll on multiple occasions along with the rest of the site staff turning into animals too.
- Is transformed into a child. Applies make up to Hill and befriends Kendall Lewis.
- Accidentally shoots self in the foot.
- Is taught to knit by Laura
- Declares Billy Stykes a brother while recovering in medical from hypothermia.
- Assists in a mission to contain a time traveling yacht.
- Hears of Lauras disappearance at the hands of Bowe, resolves to help her.
- Is informed of the death of Ivan Zakharov and Katie Moodie. Falls into depression and mourning.
- Restrained and locked in her room following her attempt to aid Laura in escaping the site.
- Witnesses Matt kill two guards and get shot to incapacitation in an attempt to assassinate General Bowe. Attempts to drag him to medical, only to be beaten and photographed when trying to defend him from the guards.
- Interrogated by General Bowe in regards to Matts motives. Severely traumatized by this.
- Knocked unconscious by rioting guards following the death of General Bowe at the hands of Able. Regains consciousness and searches for Matt, locates him in containment.
- Works to protect Matt and the others with security. Joins the entire site in celebration of the Administrator, Ivan, Katie and Lauras return. A still wheelchair bound Matt proposes to her. Emily says yes.
- Becomes possessed by a poltergeist, which works on damaging her psyche. Following a series of escalating incidents in regards to the spirit, Emily is voluntarily locked in containment by Matt.
- After a week, Emily comes to be increasingly attacked by the poltergeist in containment, until the point it attempts to strangle her to death.
- Emily is released from Containment an indeterminate amount of time after her initial containment. Severely traumatised by this, she is overjoyed to simply be allowed to see the sun again.
- Marries Matt Harrison in the on site chapel in a ceremony slightly spoiled by orbs, but with all her loved ones and friends in attendance.
- Falls into a depression after her father, Albert Van Der Linde is killed and revived as a husk in service of a revived General Bowe.
- Becomes broken hearted upon hearing the news that her monstrously revived father has been forced to execute her sister and best friend Laura in the field. Struggles to keep her emotions from crushing her while also trying to comfort Matt.
- Has to break the news of Lauras death to Katie, Lauras young daughter. Swears to keep her safe and protected.
- Katie is lost within a time machine, Emily searches frantically but finds nothing and is eventually dragged out by Lis. Falls into a catatonic state until prompted by Matt to return to their room.
- Following several days of remaining in bed without speaking, explodes at the Administrator and refuses to accept any apology. Vows revenge.
- Is reunited with a now 25 year old Katie, returned from the future.
- Assists in a mission to assassinate the resurrected General Bowe. fires 42 shots into the tyrant and burns the corpse.
- Assists in the investigation of a Chaos Insurgency base.
- Accidentally becomes the queen of Sparta during an anomalous event.
- Travels on holiday with Matt Harrison, resolving many of the couples emotional problems and having a lot of fun.
- Befriends Hermann Austerlitz, aids him in the lab.
- Meets the goddess of justice.
- Is selected by the god Leviathan to become a goddess. Rejects offer and becomes his high priestess instead.
- Assists in a mission to stop a madman with an anomalous robot army from detonating a nuclear device. Incapacitates and captures mad man, getting a broken rib in the process.
- Assists Hermann Austerlitz in a memory cloning experiment. Accidentally turns the doctor into herself.
- Falls under the influence of a powerful mind effecting anomaly, attempts to disarm Randall Clymer for it, resulting it it biting her. She sustained severe blood loss and hospitalization.