Position: An Ordinary Engineer?
Demeanor: Emil Drescher comes off as level-headed and easygoing. He doesn't talk much about himself and generally wants to listen to others. He tends to take time to comfort others over himself.
Nature: Emil is a reserved person, and is often lonely. However, he feels fulfillment when helping others. As long as he is useful, Emil feels genuinely happy, even when he can't really show it. He has a tendency towards trying to hide his pain and feelings from others. He feels too awkward to really do much in the way of socializing, so he is often filled with feelings of inadequacy.
Description: Emil is generally neither very noticeable or very plain. He often has streaks of grease or oil on him. He wears clothing that is cheaply made, so it doesn't matter if anything he wears gets dirty. The only valuable he keeps on his person is an old, worn wooden bracelet, inlaid with semiprecious stones (His bracelet was taken from him during a mission). He has dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, which change from blue to green and brown.
Emil sports a few tattoos, since they can't really get dirty or destroyed. He has a biomechanical tattoo on his left shoulder blade to make it look like it's been fused with a toolbox, swiss-army-knife style. He has one across his chest to look similar to a surgical scar with metal stitching and staples. The third one is on his right thigh is his oldest and has his name, date of birth, and blood type in a ribbon motif.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 6 (7 BASE - 1.5 PENALTY ROUNDED DOWN)
- Physical Defense: 4 (5 BASE - 1.5 PENALTY ROUNDED DOWN)
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 3 (4 BASE - 1 PENALTY)
- Agility: 5 (3 BASE + 2 PURCHASED INCREASES)
- Persuasion: 4 (2 BASE + 2 PURCHASED INCREASES)
- Bluff: 3 (2 BASE + 1 PURCHASED INCREASE)
- Ranged: 4 (4 BASE - 0.5 PENALTY ROUNDED DOWN)
- Sneak: 3
- Science: 2
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Progressive Immunity (ANOMALOUS): 3. When Emil is exposed to a magic or supernatural effect he will become progressively immune. This effect is enhanced when the appropriate anomaly comes close to killing him. This comes at a cost; Emil has a related mundane stat decreased whenever his immunity is increased. When faced with a previously met anomaly, Emil may roll the appropriate immunity stat to be unaffected for a turn; upon failure, he must roll a mundane skill as normal. Each immunity stat may have up to 5 points.
- Corollary: If Emil is met with an anomalous ability that does not do damage, his immunity will raise with every failed mundane roll to defend against that anomaly. Emil cannot become immune from anomalies that are not paranormal, otherworldly, magical, or supernatural, e.g. laser guns from the future would shoot him just as hard from 1st or 10th exposure. Emil must be directly exposed to an anomaly to become more immune (e.g. telekenetically dropping a rock on him is indirect, telekenetically manipulating his body is direct.)
- Current Anomaly Immunities:
- Immunity To Mental Effects: (3 Points) (Penalty to Mental Defense or Mental Health) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to mental attacks. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: possession, anomalous manipulation, telepathy, mind-reading, infohazards, cognitohazards, and memes.
- Immunity To Stereotypical Magic: (3 Points) (Penalty to Agility or Physical Defense) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to anomalous effects related to stereotypical anomaly taking the general form of a spell. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: dowsing, prophecy, illusions, anomalous healing, rituals, enchantments and summoning magic.
- Immunity To Elemental Anomalies: (0 Points) (Penalty to Physical Defense or Health) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to anomalous effects related to elemental manipulation. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: weather, wind manipulation, conjured water, fireballs, summoned lightning, and the manipulation of plants.
- Immunity To Anomalous Chemicals: (0 Points) (Penalty to Physical Defense or Health) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to anomalous effects related to chemical warfare. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: anomalous poison, anomalous pheromones, miasma, and acid of an anomalous source.
- Immunity To Metaphysical Anomalies: (2 points) (Penalty to Academics, Science, Engineering or Perception) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to metaphysical or broad reality manipulatory effects. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: blessings or curses, the effects of a deity on a landscape, dimensional changes, temporal changes, conjured weaponry, ghosts, and a variety of spirits.
- Immunity To Physical Manipulation: (1 Point) (Penalty to Sneak, Agility, or Combat Skills) This is the broad category that is Emil's resistance to any anomaly that would change Emil's physical body either in location or appearance. This includes teleportation, telekinesis, physical possession, changes in form, or barriers.
- More TBA As Exposure Necessitates!
- You Haven't Seen Me Geek Out?: 5. Emil is an engineer, and he loves his job truly. If it's mechanics, he knows about it. If it's a weapon, he's tried it.(Engineering when applied to Repairing things, Weaponry)
- Believe Me: 4. Emil is good at hiding his feelings, and also pretending to be what he's not. He's good at acting, and excellent at convincing others at any manner of arguments. (Persuasion, Bluff)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A toolkit, including writing utensils
- A sniping rifle
- Lockpicking kit
- Some rope
- A swiss army knife containing everything from a wine opener to clipper
- None Yet
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A pile of engineering books and equipment in a corner
- Stationery for lettering
- Various welded-together scrap metal statues
Emil Drescher never intended to get into any trouble. He doesn't like fights and he doesn't like to get into combat. He originally didn't even really like engineering; he just happens to be good at it and so went into the military to pay for his education. He left it as soon as he could in order to work at his father's gun shop, helping design and restore weapons for collectors and aficionados.
It was when he decided to personally help deliver an order that he ran into trouble. Unbeknowest to him, he was actually selling the gun to a member of Marshal, Carter & Dark. The deal went off without a hitch, but it permanently linked Emil to the underground organization. When the gun was later confiscated as part of a raid, Emil's connection was uncovered fairly quickly.
Unable to tell Emil's affiliation, he was quickly apprehended by authorities he didn't know or care for. They called themselves some Foundational type, not any less shady than the businessmen he sold the weapon to. However, his old man's shop was losing business now that the populace began to increasingly despise the concept of war and battle. And Emil wasn't particularly interested in starting his own business. There just wasn't enough business to keep Emil and his father in business together.
So Emil decided that there wouldn't be any harm in asking if there were any positions open for various mechanic positions. He didn't know much about this talk of anomalies or world-saving, but he understood how to be a good mechanic. That was all that really mattered to him, and how bad could it be? Maybe he could make some new friends, at least.
- BS Flailing attempts at American Sign Language
Emil's Anomaly Effects History:
|Date/Run||Anomalous Effect||Boost and Category||Penalty and Category||Misc.|
|01/01/2016 Talon's Court Run||A blessing from a ritualized scroll.||+1 Immunity To Metaphysical Anomalies||-0.5 Perception||Non-damage|
|01/01/2016 Talon's Court Run||A mysterious dagger that damages flesh while passing through armor, defended by MDEF rather than PDEF.||+2 Immunity To Stereotypical Magic||-1 Physical Defense||First Exposure|
|11/01/2016 Roget's CoTBG Run||Contact with SCP-882 causing mind enslavement.||+1 Immunity to Mental Effects||-0.5 Mental Health||Non-damage|
|13/01/2016 WetBeard's Mother Run||Repeated MDEF Failures vs. Mental Anomaly||+2 Immunity to Mental Effects||-1 Mental Health||Non-damage|
|20/01/2016 Daedalus's Angel Run||Healing via Angel's tears||+1 Immunity to Stereotypical Magic||-0.5 physical defense||Non-damage|
|16/03/2016 Fae's Voice Run||Teleportation From God's Power||+ Immunity to Physical Manipulation||-0.5 Ranged||Non-damage|
|20/03/2016 Sax's Eloran Run||Exposure to Inverted World||+1 Immunity To Metaphysical Anomalies||-0.5 Perception||Non-damage|
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|DrScottJonas Alien run||+2 XP||December 23, 2015|
|Sax's Elorean requisitions run||+2 XP||December 30, 2015|
|Talonair's Court Run||+4 XP||January 1, 2016|
|Wogglebug Approval +1 Agility Purchase||-8 XP||January 2, 2016|
|WetBeard's LIVE intro run||+2 XP||January 8, 2016|
|Talonair's Court Run||+4 XP||January 10, 2016|
|Roget's CoTBG Run||+2 XP||January 11, 2016|
|WetBeard's Mother Run||+2 XP||January 13, 2016|
|Wogglebug Approval +1 Persuasion Purchase||-10 XP||January 13, 2016|
|Wogglebug's underwater Run||+2 XP||January 17, 2016|
|Scantron's plot run||+3 XP||January 17, 2016|
|Daedalus's Angel Run||+3 XP||January 20, 2016|
|Wogglebug's Approval +1 Agility Purchase||-10 XP||January 21, 2016|
|Bee's Intro Run||+3 XP||February 18, 2016|
|Talonair's Court Run||+2 XP||February 20, 2016|
|Katie's Nightingale run||+2 XP||February 26, 2016|
|Roget's Daevite Run||+3 XP||March 13, 2016|
|Katie's Star Wars Run||+2 XP||March 15, 2016|
|Fae's Church of God Run||+3 XP||March 16, 2016|
|Talon's Court Run||+2 XP||March 19, 2016|
|Sax's Eloran Run||+2 XP||March 20, 2016|
|SpookyBee's Pathos Run||+2 XP||March 23,2016|
|DiePotato's Approval +1 Persuasion +1 Intimidation Purchase||-18 XP||March 23, 2016|