Position: Self-described Prophet and Seer
Demeanor: Scatterbrained, stubborn, unladylike, rude
Nature: Sensitive, motherly, compassionate, strong willed, curious, perceptive, quick-witted, hot headed
Description: Elanor looks like a young woman, though refuses to give her actual age out. She's constantly wearing some rune or crystal to fine-tune her supposed "magic". She keeps her blonde hair is kept short and styled curly (marylin monroe esque) and has blue eyes. Other than her odd jewelery, she dresses moderately and can usually be seen in either a coat or a suit. She will only occasionally wear dresses, claiming them difficult to move in.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 3
- Persuasion: 1
- Bluff: 4
- Ranged: 3
- Survival: 2
- Sneak: 3
- Academics: 5
- Medical: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- (Anomalous) Prophecy: 3. Elanor is in fact able to intuitively discern the nature and position of anomalous activity, acting as a living, walking anomaly radar. She is also able to "see patterns" in the world, allowing her to occasionally gain slim glimses of fate, gods, the eldritch, other realms, and the depths of the soul. It comes to her in a variety of methods, including visual distortions, auditory distortions, dreams, and just a sense of gut feeling. If she concentrates, she can be quite accurate. However, concentrating takes her away from focusing on literally anything else. Furthermore, she may easily mistake a cold, a sudden breeze, or literally anything else as a "sign" of anomalous behavior. It also depends largely on how she's feeling that day and a myriad of other factors, making the true nature of her anomalous ability questionable at best sometimes.
- (Anomalous) Lucifer's Insight: 3. Elanor may use Lucifer's Insight to discern someone's future or past on top of her prophecy roll, rolling against MDEF. In return, she will experience burning sensations and occasional bleeding from the eyes.
- Paranormal Academia: 6. Elanor's knowledge of the anomalous and the paranormal is almost encyclopedic. Regardless of the region, source, or obscurity she has likely at vaguely familiar with it and may even be able to identify/predict its behavior. This knowledge also has a tendency to offhandedly give her a jack-of-all-trades spectrum of general know-how.
- Think Outside the Box: 3. Elanor is capable of improvising a variety of tools for the occasion. If she needs to figure out something to stab with, she'll find something lying around. If she needs something to hide in, she'll start tapping out floorboards and coming up with plans for counter assaults. Even if her methods make no sense, all the madness has its rewards.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A variety of crystals, runes, sigils, fetishes, charms, salts, etc.
- A basic pistol and some rounds.
- Notebook and pen.
- A pocketknife.
- Makeup and makeup accessories that occasionally also prove useful for her.
- (Crafted) A necklace of a wooden pendant with a burned protective rune on it, along with semiprecious gemstones. Wearing it provides +2 to a single MDEF roll. The charm has two (2) charges left on it.
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here will be difficult for them to get a hold of.
- A variety of books and notes on the anomalous, mythical, and magical, and related topics.
- Herbs of all kinds, along with resins, incense, animal parts and other such things.
- Dream diary and prophetic notations
Elanor Thorne was born under a mother who claimed to see visions while she dreamed. She spent her childhood closely attached to her mother, who taught her how to hone her abilities of seeing the magical as it melds with the mundane. While her father was a respectable man who worked long hours for the family, she dove herself into books and the study of magic. With no other connection to the magical world than her vague abilities and her mother's line of prophetic women, she clawed her way to an impressive knowledge of the occult and the paranormal. She refused the advances of men and the prestige of other works for her passion for research and magic.
Her meddling was noticed by the Foundation as she ran into them time and time again on her own adventures in the paranormal, along with the GOC and other similar organizations. Her strong willed nature and potential anomalous behavior gained the attention of the Foundation first only because she grew up and lived near the base of Foundation operations. The Foundation hired her if only so she would stop meddling in their affairs and become a meddler for their affairs. It's yet to be seen whether she is to count herself lucky to have a job or the Foundation is to count themselves lucky to have her.
Elanor's naive jump into magic leaves her exposed to the negative attention on the paranormal side. It's only though sheer luck and pretend bluffing that she has been able to get herself out of multiple sticky situations. She herself is unsure the exact nature of her prophetic abilities, and may occasionally become disoriented and use inappropriate language and terms of phrase without her realizing it. Sometimes she slips into foreign languages. Sometimes she slips into language so foreign it's otherworldly. Sometimes she'll just straight up make no sense.
Elanor really likes flowers and animals, finding it a shame she couldn't bring her garden and myriad of pets both exotic and normal to her Foundation dorms. If you give her the time of day she would talk people's ears off about botany, agriculture, biology and ecology.