Position: Practical Thaumatology Researcher
Demeanor: Polite and quiet most of the time, though prone to occasional condescending remarks. May seem apathetic at times, though it's usually because he's in deep thought. Very enthusiastic when it comes to his work, however.
Nature: Extremely captivated by the studies of the scientific and the supernatural, and is very dedicated to the idea of combining them. Spends most of his time attempting to achieve this goal, and has very little care for anything he sees as a 'distraction', such as social contact or even his own health. Quietly considers himself smarter than most people, but conceals this behind a veil of politeness.
Description: 5"7'. Brown eyes, graying hair and slightly balding. Wears a medical coat if he can help it. Speaks with a Eastern German accent and will sometimes forget to speak English when talking to someone. Wears a pair of thick glasses.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 2
- Ranged: 4
- Academics: 5
- Science: 6
- Engineering: 5
- Medical: 6
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Die Gretchenfrage: 5 All those years of study and experimentation into the magical and supernatural world have taught Hermann much about the arcane sciences. This means his knowledge regarding anything supernatural is a bit greater than the common man.
- Gesundheit: 4 while not exactly ethically inclined, Hermann can put his years of medical training for what it was intended, actually healing the sick and injured. This provides a boost to medical.
- festen Entschluß: 3 Years of exposure to magical beings have left Hermann with a resistance to the mental attacks some creatures can inflict. This makes his mental defence stronger.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Lab coat
- Pocket watch
- Walther P38
- Picture of his Family
- Bi-Fold Wallet
- 10 dollars
- 5 Deutschmark
- German Driver's license
- Pictures of several experiments
- Ebony and Ivory Pipe
- High-Grade Tobacco
- Ebony Cane
- Medical mask
- Medical Gloves
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Gas masks
- Large safe
- Several Medical texts
- Several Religious texts
- Several Occult texts
- Sturmgewehr 45 in a glass case
- Gutted medical equipment
- Gutted computer equipment
- Typewriter w/paper
- .45 record player and recorder
- Several educational and musical records
- Blank records
- Wire recordings
- Wire recorder
Hermann █████████ ███████ ████████████ ██████████████ ██████████████ ████████ █████████ ███████ ████████ █████ ████████████ ███████ ████████████ ███████ █████████████ ███████████ █████████████ Frankfurt, Germany ██████ ████ █████████ ███████████ ████ ██████████████ ███████ ██████ ██████ ██████████ Thaumatology█████████████ ████████████ ██████████ ███████ █████ ████████████ ███████ █████████ ███████████████
████████████████ ██████████████████████ ████████████████ █████████ █████████████████████████████ ██████████████ █████████████████████████ █████████ ████████████████ ██████████████████████ ████████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████████████ ███████████████████ ████████████████████ █████████████ ████████████ ██████████████████████ ████████████████ █████████ █████████████████████████████ ██████████ █████████████████████████ ████ █████████████████████████ █████████ █████████████ █████████████████████████ ██████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████████████ ████████████████ █████████
████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████ ██████████ █████████████ █████████████████████ ████████████ Genoa, Italy. He was then transferred to ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Operation Paperclip ███████████ ██████████████████████████████ █████████ ██████ recruited because of his medical expertise, rather than █████████████ ████████████████ ███████████████████████████████ █████████ "Hermann Austerlitz" ████████████████ █████████ █████████████████████████████ ███████████████████████ ████████████████ █████████ On the provision that he is monitored.
Enjoys smoking very much.
Keeps cages full of lab animals, which he assigns numbers and nicknames:
- Caesar - ASm-001: Albino Python
- Antoinette - AAf-054: Beige German Rex Cat
- Athos - DCf-935: Brown Fancy Rat
- Porthos - ACDm-934: Brown Field Mouse
- Aramis - AcRm-933: Albino Fancy Rat
- Röntgen - RRrf-201-1: Albino Tarantula
- Oppenheimer - SSf-54-I: Black European Raven
- Aleister - SSf-01-A: Black Common Raven
Wrote a fairly popular book titled "Eine These die arkanen Wissenschaften", which was fairly popular in Germany, but was banned everywhere else. He still owns a few copies.
Loves the Frankenstein stories very much. Owns a self annotated copy.
Beethoven's symphony 7, movement 2 is his favorite song.
Followed around at all times when he's on site by two guards: Jack Richards and Jill Jane.
- Serge Maillard: A low level empath with mind reading abilities. Remarkable, but dangerous in that he might possibly ascertain my past. He knows Professor Montag and Subject 1467A-A or " Μηλινόη", though I'm not quite sure how.
- Olga Sapkowski: Polish woman with an apparent fear of Nazi medical practioners. Had her rib replaced in Ravensbruck, also evidently made sterile. I'm not sure whether I feel pity for this woman. I am not directly responsible for her condition, but I feel somehow… at fault for what she had to go through.
- Maj. Adrian Coxwell: Military medical professionals are difficult to come by, even more so in these times. I respect Dr. Coxwell for his work with diseases. Recently had a lab built across from mine, a vaccine research laboratory.
- Edit: He as killed civilians in an attempt to save them. I don't know how I feel about this.
- Dr. Ivan Zakharov: An intangent being researcher. A tidy, stoic, Soviet, and inscrutable man. I would enjoy collaborating with this man on several of my own projects.
- Emily Harrison: A kindly woman who enjoys my coconut yogurt. I realize that may sound like a double entendre, but I mean it in the most literal way possible.
- Dr. Gavran Gavrille: He is the closest thing to resembling a colleague.
Crimes Against Nature - Current Count: 3
1. Aided Jessica Sutherland in becoming a human again after an encounter with a reality bender left her as a doll made of skin.
2. Used Die Glocke to create a semi-magical, semi-organic, and semi-mechanical body for Lisbet after an unfortunate event reduced her to a gelatinous, luminescent mass consisting of a brain, an eyeball, and a gallon of the Rjukan solution.
3. Utilizing old portal technology, opened the way to a secret underground Soviet base containing a replacement arm for Branko, who lost it during an encounter with an ice elemental. Then worked for four hours to graft the complex arm onto his stump.
+1 [Scranton Boxes Event]
+2 [Bridegroom Run]
+2 [Architect Run]
+2 [Broken God Run]
+2 [Spores Run]
+4 [Solstice Goat Run]
+2 [Piano Run]